Thread: (warning: silly topic) LHC, ze ultimate martial arts creator among the protagonists

Default (warning: silly topic) LHC, ze ultimate martial arts creator among the protagonists

It is perhaps the most defining point of LHC that he was a carefree protagonist. This nature went well with the ideals and philosophy of the sword art left behind ostensibly by DGQB as passed down to LHC by FCY. With the solid base that DG9J singularly provides as the function of all martial arts, LHC, prodded and stimulated by impossibly difficult situations, certainly attained an understanding of the sword greater than anyone of his modest age could have otherwise achieved (even with DG9J).

Rather more astounding is the ease with which LHC came up with new ideas, often a mixture of the 5 Mountains sword arts and DG9J, in the spur of the moment. Oftentimes, a technique that may have been passed down and polished through the generations, proven true and powerful, would be utterly dominated and broken before a particularly inspired whim of LHC.

It is clear that by the time LHC fought CX, that his sword arts had progressed to the point where he freely came up with new ideas independent (although not wholly) of a particular DG9J stance and even less often a 5 Mountains sword stance. This is clearly demonstrated when he used a feint and would've struck a counter immediately afterwards. While this didn't turn out how he expected since his now suddenly powerful internal energy caused his first strike to be deadly, it shows how he came up with a new stance (although perhaps dependant on DG9J) very quickly.

Perhaps only Z3F could rival this sort of ingenuity. Therefore, I here propose that not only is LHC a great creator of martial arts, he also creates them at a far more prodigious rate and with an alarmingly significant effect than any other protagonist.
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; 08-23-06 at 01:45 AM.

I don't know why, but I just don't imagine LHC as the creator. Making up stances is part of formlessness, so DG9J has to do that. So I'm not sure if LHC is ze ultimate. I'm still toward Z3F and YG.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Hahaha why not create a "Golden Wheel Monk Jin Lun Fa Wang the ultimate antagonist". This ultimate threads are turning into joke topics.

I really like the theory that's been going around that the DG9J that LHC learnt was in fact the martial arts that SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan left behind.

LHC showed that he could grasp relatively hard to learn martial arts in a short peroid of time, even while internally injured. This has shades of the heroic nature of SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan. Indeed we could draw parallels from the characters. Maybe JY meant it.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Indeed, It would only be fitting that the legacy of SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan should be short of ULTIMATE, since SWORD GOD himself also reached the ULTIMATE proficiency in swordplay (and who knows, maybe in the end he actually surpassed the stage of ultimateness).
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

In the end, the SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan has reached Level 6.
    Stages Of Sword Mastery
    This segment will describe how the stages of sword mastery fit into the ranking system. This segment also applies to all other weapons despite its name. The word ‘sword’ is used here as it is the most common weapon in Wuxia fiction.

Stage 1 – Proficiency of the Sword.
    Stage 2 – Man and Sword as One.
    Stage 3 – Dominance of the Sword.
    Stage 4 – The Sword in the Heart.
    Stage 5 – Overcoming the Sword Without the Sword.
    Stage 6 – Peace Of The Sword.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    maybe in the end he actually surpassed the stage of ultimateness).
    One could even postulate that he reached "Awesomeness...ness".
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Sorry but out of all the XAJH remakes, LHC didn't seem all that powerful at the end.

Now, I doubt LHC had reach a high level--he only had techniques pleasing to the eye.

I didn't intend to post in this thread after I made it, but I can't let that last comment go.

One of the defining features of LHC's sword style was that it often looked ugly and useless while somehow being a perfect counter to whatever he was faced with at that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by hkopinions
    Sorry but out of all the XAJH remakes, LHC didn't seem all that powerful at the end.

Now, I doubt LHC had reach a high level--he only had techniques pleasing to the eye.
    The power level of LHC goes up and down depending on how high you rate DFBB