Page 48 of 98 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Jinyong Character Level Ranking Chart

I believe that the level of Qiu Chuji(Loch) should be higher than Ouyang Ke(pre-crippled).

In the beginning of LOCH, Qiu Chuji basically fought to a tie with the seven freaks, showing that Qiu Chuji=Seven Freaks.

Later on, in chapter 11, the novel states: “After parting from Guo Jing at the inn, the ‘Freaks’ had followed the eight girls from the ‘White Camel Mountain’. When they discovered that Ouyang Ke was leading his concubines to abduct innocent girls at night, they fought him. After all, how could the ‘‘Six Freaks’ of Jiangnan’ sit by and do nothing while such atrocities were being committed? Although Ouyang Ke was highly-skilled, the ‘‘Six Freaks’’ had spent more than a decade on the steppe working hard and had improved significantly since they left the Central Plains. Surrounded by six fighters, Ouyang Ke was hit by Ke Zhen’E’s staff and subsequently had his left little finger dislocated, courtesy of Zhu Cong’s Bone Dislocation technique. Left with no choice, Ouyang Ke was forced to leave the abducted girls behind and flee. The two concubines that had accompanied Ouyang Ke on the mission, however, were killed by Nan Xiren and Quan Jinfa."

Although it says that the six freaks had improved compared to the past, similarly, Qiu Chuji, Ouyang Ke, and everyone would have improved as well. Since Zhang Ah'Sheng had died, Ouyang Ke was facing one less freak and he even had two concubines to help as well. Still, in the end, he could only run from the six freaks. This shows that Ouyang Ke+2 Concubines<Seven Freaks-One Freak.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygen View Post
    I believe that the level of Qiu Chuji(Loch) should be higher than Ouyang Ke(pre-crippled).

In the beginning of LOCH, Qiu Chuji basically fought to a tie with the seven freaks, showing that Qiu Chuji=Seven Freaks.

Later on, in chapter 11, the novel states: “After parting from Guo Jing at the inn, the ‘Freaks’ had followed the eight girls from the ‘White Camel Mountain’. When they discovered that Ouyang Ke was leading his concubines to abduct innocent girls at night, they fought him. After all, how could the ‘‘Six Freaks’ of Jiangnan’ sit by and do nothing while such atrocities were being committed? Although Ouyang Ke was highly-skilled, the ‘‘Six Freaks’’ had spent more than a decade on the steppe working hard and had improved significantly since they left the Central Plains. Surrounded by six fighters, Ouyang Ke was hit by Ke Zhen’E’s staff and subsequently had his left little finger dislocated, courtesy of Zhu Cong’s Bone Dislocation technique. Left with no choice, Ouyang Ke was forced to leave the abducted girls behind and flee. The two concubines that had accompanied Ouyang Ke on the mission, however, were killed by Nan Xiren and Quan Jinfa."

Although it says that the six freaks had improved compared to the past, similarly, Qiu Chuji, Ouyang Ke, and everyone would have improved as well. Since Zhang Ah'Sheng had died, Ouyang Ke was facing one less freak and he even had two concubines to help as well. Still, in the end, he could only run from the six freaks. This shows that Ouyang Ke+2 Concubines<Seven Freaks-One Freak.
    Interesting point. For discussion:
    If I recall correctly, GJ, after mastering the full 18 palms at the temple, is still below OYK. (GJ was winning until OYK stop concealing his "special move") Could OYK be holding back?

I thought GJ at this point would be roughly equal to QCJ (able to defeat the Jin Merc opponents handily, comparable to Wang Chu Yi/Ma Yu)

All 3 (GJ/OYK/QCJ) are likely very close in levels at this point. Unfortunately, we didn't see QCJ fight during this time. I assume he is very slightly above Ma Yu.

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    i think it should be cool if you add some main protagonist of other jin yong's novel such as YuanCheng Zhi, Di Yun, Chen Jia Luo
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuxiakid View Post
    Hi,

Would you please reconsider XSFH characters? MRF and HYD were definitely not level 35 fighters? I understand fighters in that era were much weaker but level 35 seems a bit of an understatement of how their martial arts were described
    I think forumers that are more well versed in the above novels can propose the levels and I'll add them in.

My recollection of them are very vague.

For XSFH, it took place in Qing Dynasty, which is very late in the timeline. If you see the chart, being LV35 is pretty much 'great level' in Qing Dynasty
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 08-29-17 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygen View Post

Although it says that the six freaks had improved compared to the past, similarly, Qiu Chuji, Ouyang Ke, and everyone would have improved as well.
    Normally I'd argue that since he specifically pointed out their improvement, we should give them credit for slightly faster improvement than those not explicitly mentioned, but in JY wuxia anyone that improved generally hasn't really improved at all relative to others -- it seems like they are still losing to those they used to lose to, tie with the people they use to tie with, and win against those that they used to win against.

Only improvements that happen quickly in a span of a year or so seem to matter.

Where should we place the Five Wanderers of the Ming Cult? I do not see them placed on the rankings yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Where should we place the Five Wanderers of the Ming Cult? I do not see them placed on the rankings yet.
    I would place them around ~35.

I'm also curious about the level of Cheung Mo Gei before he learned the 9 Yeung Jen Ging. We know he was weak before learning that super skill, but he did receive some limited martial arts training. Was he at least as good as Gwok Jing when the latter first arrived in the Central Plains with the 6 Freaks?

I'm also curious about the level of Cheung Mo Gei before he learned the 9 Yeung Jen Ging. We know he was weak before learning that super skill, but he did receive some limited martial arts training. Was he at least as good as Gwok Jing when the latter first arrived in the Central Plains with the 6 Freaks?
    I don't think he is anywhere near GJ then (Who already had some quanzhen internal cultivation). My guess is maybe lv 15 (~7 freaks level)?
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 09-01-17 at 08:33 AM.

hi Wuxia master, welcome back! (to your own thread after such a long time)
    sorry noob question,
    i dont read all post/pages in this topic because its too long, but what evidence that make shi po tian one of the strongest fighter in jin yong universe? what part of him that make connection to other novel(so can be compared)?
    why people tend to praise him as one of the best make me wonder...

thanks.

hi Wuxia master, welcome back! (to your own thread after such a long time)
    sorry noob question,
    i dont read all post/pages in this topic because its too long, but what evidence that make shi po tian one of the strongest fighter in jin yong universe? what part of him that make connection to other novel(so can be compared)?
    why people tend to praise him as one of the best make me wonder...

thanks.
    I will leave out the 'feat description' evidences and focus only on the level gaps. IMO, we derive Shi Po Tian largely from extrapolation of Zhang San/Li Si tier.

The general Wulin level is the most stable/highest density group and largely refer to leaders of various sects and seasoned pugilists; and they are almost always around the LV40 range. (e.g think 2nd generation QZ disciples in LOCH, 5 mountain sect leaders ex ZLC in XAJH, various head figures of 6 big sects in HSDS, etc) Take a look at the characters in LV40 and you'll get the idea. They are like the "strongest of the scrubs".

So in the novel, we have 2 characters (Zhang San/Li Si) who are powerful enough to eliminate entire sects easily by themselves (by announcing their arrival beforehand). Think about how strong these 2 would have to be.

Also in Mainland Wulin, the strongest known character is Xie Yan Ke, who is at least a notch or two above everyone else (including leaders of the leading sects). However, even he would turn tail when he heard of Zhang San/Li Si.

You thought Zhang San/Li Si would be at the top of the chain, but guess what? They are just 2 disciples of Lord Long/Mu.

How strong would the 2 Island Masters have to be then? It's not far-fetch to place them at around Great Levels.

And finally we have Shi Po Tian, who was able to take down both of them at the same time with complete ease. How strong does one have to be to destroy 2 LOCH Greats?
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 09-08-17 at 07:56 AM.

Pre 9YZJ, he's basically a very sick 14 years old kid about to die. His dad didn't really train him at all except for the brief time on the boat. His godfather only made him memorize the manuscripts. He never got any training at Wu Dang because of his internal injury. So, a 15 year-old Guo Jing with just basic fighting skills from the Mongols would kick his ***. The Guo Jing who has trained with Ma Yu and the 7 Freaks would destroy him in 3 stances.

Now, how about ZWJ after 9YZJ?

Right out of the cave, I think he can easily beat any version of Guo Jing before learning the full set of 18 Dragon palms. Because Guo Jing has no weapon skills, ZWJ can just stand there and let the counterstrike do the damage like it did with that Er Mei nun.

After the bag incident, now I think he can take on and beat end-of-LOCH Guo Jing, provided that he has sometime to practice some of the moves that Xie Xun made him memorize earlier.

After learning QKDNY, ZWJ would destroy end-of-LOCH Guo Jing, however, still loses to start-of-ROCH Guo Jing. After the battle with the 3 Du monks, ZWJ can now draw even with prime Guo Jing.
    Last edited by EdenResident; 09-06-17 at 12:38 PM.

After the bag incident, now I think he can take on and beat end-of-LOCH Guo Jing, provided that he has sometime to practice some of the moves that Xie Xun made him memorize earlier.
    Agree with everything but this -- I think this isn't so clear without Qiankun. He is basically Jue Yuan in Shaolin at this point, and a skilled fighter like He Zudao could still beat him, and by end of LOCH I think Guo Jing is at least comparable.

During the fights on Brightness Peak, even after he learned QQDNY, his fights against the stronger people like Kong Xing and Miejue were pretty impressive, but not completely dominating. I'm not sure if he could beat the Dragon Claws of Kong Xing without using QQDNY to mimic the moves, and I'm of the impression that end of LOCH Guo Jing is about a Du Monk in martial abilities (so roughly twice as powerful as someone like Kong Xing and Miejue).

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    After learning QKDNY, ZWJ would destroy end-of-LOCH Guo Jing, however, still loses to start-of-ROCH Guo Jing. After the battle with the 3 Du monks, ZWJ can now draw even with prime Guo Jing.
    "Destroy" is too strong a word IMO. I think ZWJ at this point would be above end-LOCH GJ, but not by much.

Extracted the "point-in-time" levels of this 2 guys from the chart currently to facilitate discussion:

---

LV 22: Guo Jing, Huang Rong (LO) - When they first met each other
    LV 40: Guo Jing (LO) - Right after learning full set of 18 Dragon Palms
    LV 58: Guo Jing (LO) - After enlightened by Great Dipper during Begger's Meet.
    LV 60: Zhang Wu Ji (YT) - Upon mastering 9Yang, before QianKunDaNuoYi

LV 65: Guo Jing (LO) - At the end of LOCH.
    LV 68: Zhang Wu Ji (YT) - At battle against 6 righteous sects on Bright Peak.

LV 76: Guo Jing (RO) - Pre 16 Years.
    LV 77: Zhang Wu Ji (YT)
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 09-07-17 at 07:55 AM.

End of LOCH GJ is quite overrated. I'd put him closer to 60. He'd get wrecked pretty quickly in a serious fight vs any Great which warrants at least 10 levels difference.

Quote Originally Posted by devilz91 View Post
    End of LOCH GJ is quite overrated. I'd put him closer to 60. He'd get wrecked pretty quickly in a serious fight vs any Great which warrants at least 10 levels difference.
    End of LOCH Guo Jing can last dozens if not 100+ stances against a Great when fighting defensively compared to the Guardian Lords/Qiu Chuji level who would get wasted in less than 10 stances. He is substantially better than anyone in HSDS except the Du Monks imo.

i dont understand chinese language, but is this true?

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/92642946-post159.html

according to that post (and refer to jin yong), 9 Dugu is stronger than Sunflower ,
    LHC 's case is that he was still young and inexperience
    plus he did not learn all 9 dugu sword stances and not in mature level yet because of his young age.

but Feng Qingyang is different, he had reached his peak of 9 dugu martial art, so i think Feng deserves a higher rank or contrary DFBB's rank need to be reduced to some levels.

Legendary Level (武林神话)– Omnipotent, Invincible & Godlike.

Dugu Qiubai (RO / XAJH)
    Sweeper Monk (TL)

Possible Candidates:
    These are extremely speculative, distant background characters that do not appear directly in the Novels. They are added purely for fun and strictly speaking should not be considered in this chart.
    - Damo Founder
    - Creator of Kuihua Baodian
    - Murong Longcheng
    - Xiaoyao Zi, Founder of Xiaoyao Sect

Level 95 (登峰造极)– The pinnacle of martial arts and perfection!

LV 91: Shi Po Tian (XKX)
    LV 90: Xu Zhu (TL) - U.P. = 60% P

LV 88: Tian Shan Tong Lao (TL) - She is stronger than Li Qiu Shui at full power.
    LV 87: Li Qiu Shui (TL)
    LV 86: Wu Ya Zi (TL)
    LV 86: Duan Yu (TL) - U.P. = 30% P
    LV 85: Dongfang Bu Bai (XA)

LV 84: Huang Shang, Creator of Jiuyin (LO) – Speculation.
    LV 81: Guo Jing (RO) - Post 16 Years. Speculation.

Level 80 (绝世高手)- Only the strongest characters in all of Jinyong Novels reaches here.

LV 80: Xiao Feng (TL) - Skillset/Internal at LV75. His unmatched "fighting god" ability brings him to 80.

LV 80: Feng Qing Yang (XA) - Speculation. Stronger than Ren Wo Xing. Lower limit LV75, upper limit unknown.
    LV 80: Lin Yuan Tu (XA) - Speculation. He can range from LV75 to LV85.

LV 79: Yang Guo (RO) - Without Heavy Iron Sword. [Happy State: -3LV, Sorrow State: +1LV]
    LV 78: Murong Bo (TL)
    LV 78: Xiao Yuan Shan (TL)

LV 77: Zhou Botong (RO) - Pre & Post 16 Years.
    LV 77: Jinlun Fawang (RO) - Post 16 Years.
    LV 77: Jiu Mo Zhi (TL)
    LV 77: Zhang San Feng (YT) - Mainly due to his old age.

LV 77: Guo Jing (RO) - Pre 16 Years.
    LV 76: Wang Chong Yang (LO)

Level 75 (绝顶高手)- The "4 Greats" Level.

LV 75: East Heretic, Huang Yao Shi (RO) - Pre & Post 16 Years.
    LV 75: South Emperor, Yideng (RO) - Pre & Post 16 Years.
    LV 75: West Venom, Ouyang Feng (RO)
    LV 75: North Beggar, Hong Qi Gong (RO)

LV 75: Guo Xiang (YT) – Speculation of highest level reached.
    LV 73: Yang Guo - Pre 16 years, using Heavy Iron Sword.

LV 72: Zhang Wu Ji (YT) - U.P. = 94% P
    LV 72: Qiu Qian Ren / Ci En (RO) - Both Pre & Post 16 Years.
    LV 72: Fang Zheng (XA)
    LV 72: Lord Long/Mu of Xia Ke Island (XKX)
    LV 72: Zhou Bo Tong (LO) - After he was "enlightened" by Guo Jing.
    LV 72: Ouyang Feng (LO) - At 2nd Mt Hua after he becomes crazy.

Level 70 – The "Sub-Greats" or "LOCH Greats" Level

LV 70: East Heretic, Huang Yao Shi (LO)
    LV 70: South Emperor, Yideng (LO)
    LV 70: North Beggar, Hong Qi Gong (LO)

LV 70: Xiao Long Nu (RO) - At fight against Mongols and GWM - O.P. = 112% P
    LV 70: Jinlun Fawang (RO) - Pre 16 years. His Internal is worthy of LV75.
    LV 70: Ren Wo Xing (XA)

LV 70: Lin Chao Ying (LO) - At first Mount Hua. Speculation.
    LV 70: Yang Ding Tian (YT) - Speculation. He defeated Du E 10 years prior to story.

LV 69: Ling Hu Chong (XA) - VS Sword-Using Opponents Only. LV60 VS Non Sword-Using Opponents - Master 10% of 9SOD
    LV 68: Yellow Dressed Girl, Lady Yang

LV 67: Qiu Qian Ren (LO)
    LV 66: Chong Xu (XA)
    LV 66: Zhang Wu Ji (YT) - At battle against 6 righteous sects on Bright Peak - U.P. = 97% P

Level 65 – Upper tier Elites. Extremely powerful characters that rarely meet his match.

LV 65: Duan Zheng Ming (TL)
    LV 65: Duan Yan Qing (TL)
    LV 65: Reverend Huangmei (TL)
    LV 65: Xuan Ci, Shaolin Abbot (TL)
    LV 65: Yue Bu Qun (XA) - After Learning Bixie
    LV 65: Zhang San / Li Si (XKX)
    LV 65: Du E/Du Jie/Du Nan (YT) - Range From LV65 to LV62 (Strongest To Weakest)
    LV 65: Guo Jing (LO) - At the end of LOCH.

LV 65: Zhou Bo Tong (LO) - Before he was "enlightened" by Guo Jing on Peach Blossom Island.

LV 64: Zuo Leng Chan (XA) – Before Blinded
    LV 63: Huang Rong (RO) - At the end of ROCH
    LV 63: Xiao Long Nu (RO) - After learning Left/Right Technique - At fight against Gongsun Chi - Post 16 Years

LV 62: Ding Chun Qiu (TL)
    LV 62: Xiang Wen Tian (XA)
    LV 62: Divine Condor, Shen Diao (RO)

Level 60 – Mid tier Elites. Considered top tier in General Wulin.

LV 60: Murong Fu (TL)
    LV 60: You Tan Zhi (TL)
    LV 60: Sword God Zhuo Bu Fan (TL)
    LV 60: Cheng Kun (YT) – Before Blinded.
    LV 60: Two Demons of Hejian, Bu Tai and Hao Mi (YT)
    LV 60: Fang Sheng (XA)

LV 60: He Zu Dao (YT) – Estimation, dead before story.
    LV 60: Zhang Wu Ji (YT) - Upon mastering 9Yang and leaving scheduled valley.
    LV 60: Gongsun Chi (RO)

LV 58: Guo Jing (LO) - After enlightened by Great Dipper during Begger's Meet.
    LV 58: Xie Yan Ke (XKX)
    LV 57: Huang Rong (RO) - Full Health, Non Pregnant State , Pre 16 years

Level 55 – Lower tier Elites. Considered top tier in General Wulin.

LV 55: Yang Xiao (YT)
    LV 55: Fan Yao (YT)
    LV 55: Xuan Ming Elders (YT) – Their Xuan Ming poison palms, if connected, is particularly devastating [+10LV] against opponents without strong Yang energy to dissipate its effect.
    LV 55: Kong Xiang (YT)
    LV 55: Lin Ping Zhi (XAJH) - After learning Bixie but before blinded.
    LV 55: Bai Zi Zai (XKX)

LV 54: Ah Da (YT)
    LV 52: Ah Er (YT)
    LV 51: Ah San (YT)

Level 50 – Upper tier experts in Jinyong Main Novels.

LV 50: Huang Rong (RO) - Not Full Health,Pregnant State
    LV 50: White Eagle, Yin Tian Zheng (YT)
    LV 50: Green Bat, Wei Yi Xiao (YT)
    LV 50: Golden Lion, Xie Xun (YT)
    LV 50: Mie Jue (YT) - Using the Heavenly Sword.
    LV 50: Nimo Xing (RO)
    LV 50: Yin Kexin (RO)
    LV 50: Xiao Xiangzi (RO)
    LV 50: Feng Bu Ping (XA)
    LV 50: Bujie Monk (XA)

Plum Manor, 4 Friends of JiangNan
    LV 58: 1st Brother Huang Zhonggong (XA)
    LV 55: 2nd Brother Hei Bai Zi (XA)
    LV 42: 3rd Brother Tu Bi Weng (XA)
    LV 40: 4th Brother Dan Qing Sheng (XA)

4 Divine Monks of Shaolin
    LV 56: Kong Jian (YT), Strongest of 4 Divine Monks. Died to Xie Xun’s trickery.
    LV 50: Kong Wen (YT), Abbot of Shaolin
    LV 48: Kong Zhi (YT), Lost to White Eagle Guardian at Battle of Bright Peak.
    LV 46: Kong Xing (YT), Practiced Dragon Claws Skill. Killed by Ah San.

LV 48: Ding Bu Si (XKX)
    LV 48: Ding Bu San (XKX)
    LV 48: Bei Hai Shi (XKX)

LV 46: Li Mo Chou (RO)
    LV 46: Guo Jing (LO) - After learning from Zhou Botong at Peach Blossom Island.

Level 45 – Lower tier experts in Jinyong Main Novels.

LV 45: Purple Dragon, Zi Sha Long Wang / Jin Hua Popo (YT)
    LV 45: Duan Zheng Chun (TL)
    LV 45: Ying Gu (RO)
    LV 45: Shi Qing (XKX)
    LV 45: Min Rou (XKX)
    LV 45: Bai Wan Jian (XKX)
    LV 45: Quanzhen 2nd Gen Elders (RO) - Range From Qiu Chu Ji (LV50), Ma Yu, Wang Chu Yi to Sun Bu Er (LV36)
    LV 45: Mei Chaofeng (LO) – Blinded, at battle against QZ 7 Priests

LV 45: Xiao Long Nu (RO) - Before Learning Left-Right Technique

LV 44: Mo Da (XA)

LV 42: Wudang 7 Swordmen (YT) - Strongest Yu Lian Zhou/Song Yuan Qiao (LV46) to Weakest Mo Shenggu (LV38). Wudang 3rd Swordmen is cripple and excluded.
    LV 42: Yue Bu Qun (XA) – Pre Bixie Swordplay
    LV 42: Ouyang Ke (LO) - Before crippled.
    LV 42: Feng Mo Feng (RO) - Crippled
    LV 42: Daerba (RO) - At Martial Art meet
    LV 42: Yang Guo (RO) - Before losing his arm.

Level 40 – Seasoned pugilists and leaders of small sects

LV 40: The 4 Evils (TL) - Ye Er Niang, Yue Lao San, Yun Zhong He
    LV 40: Murong Fu 4 Followers (TL)
    LV 40: Dali 4 Servants (TL)
    LV 40: Yideng Disciples (RO) - Range from Zhu Zi Liu (LV48), Diancang Yuyin (LV42), Wu Santong (LV40)
    LV 40: Huo Du (RO) – At Marital Art Meet
    LV 40: Yelu Qi (RO) - Post 16 years
    LV 40: Zhou Zhi Ruo (YT) - After learning Jiu Yin Bai Gu Zhua
    LV 40: He Tai Chong, Kunlun Leader (YT)
    LV 40: Ren Ying Ying (XA)
    LV 40: 10 Elders of Sun Moon Cult (XA)
    LV 40: Liu Zheng Feng, Tianmen Dao Ren (XA)
    LV 40: Qu Yang (XA)
    LV 40: Taogu 6 Immortals (XA)
    LV 40: Qiu Chu Ji, Ma Yu, Wang Chu Yi (LO) - LV41,40,39 respectively.
    LV 40: Ying Gu (LO)
    LV 40: Jiu Nan (LDJ)
    LV 40: Hong An Tong (LDJ)

LV 40: Guo Jing (LO) - Right after learning full set of 18 Dragon Palms

LV 36: Yu Cang Hai (XA)
    LV 36: Mu Gao Feng (XA)
    LV 36: Ding Yi, Ding Xian (XA)

Level 35 – Seasoned Pugilist. Medicore in Song Dynasty, Top Tier in Qing Dynasty

1) All the other 2nd generation Quanzhen Disciples (LO)
    2) Ao Bai (LDJ)
    3) Chen Jin Nan (LDJ)
    4) Feng Xi Fan (LDJ)
    5) Hu Yi Dao (XSFH)
    6) Miao Fan Tian (XSFH)
    7) Tian Bo Guang (XA)
    8) Zhong Wan Chou (TL)

LV 35: Ning Zhong Ze (XA), Yue Bu Qun's wife.

LV 34: Guo Jing (LO) - After Hong Qi Gong taught him 15 Dragon Palms.
    LV 32: Huang Rong (LO) - After first meeting with Hong Qi Gong (learnt Xiaoyao Fists)

LV 32: Lingzhi Shangren (LO)
    LV 32: Liang Ziweng (LO)
    LV 32: Lu You Jiao (RO)
    LV 32: Lao De Nuo (XA)

Level 30 - Weak in Song Dynasty, Elite in Qing Dynasty

LV 30: Sha Tong Tian (LO)
    LV 29: Yue Ling Shan (XA)- After learning secret arts in Mt Hua Cave.

LV 28: Yelu Qi (RO) - Pre 16 Years

LV 26: Song Qing Shu (YT)
    LV 26: Yang Kang (LO)

Level 25 - Weak in Song Dynasty, Strong in Qing Dynasty. Most of Jinyong Heroes Starts Their Wulin Journey Here.

LV 25: Cheng Ying (RO) - Pre 16 Years
    LV 25: Guo Fu, Wu Brothers (RO) - Post 16 years.
    LV 25: Yang Guo (RO) - When he first left Ancient Tomb (Before Mt. Hua)
    LV 25: Sha Gu (LO)
    LV 25: Hai Dafu (LDJ)
    LV 25: Ah Zi (TL)
    LV 25: Most of Duan Zheng Chun's wives (TL) - Qin Hong Mian, Dao Bai Feng
    LV 25: Ling Hu Chong (XA) - At start of novel
    LV 25: Yin Su Su (YT)
    LV 25: Zhao Min, Zhu'er (YT)
    LV 23: Ke Zhen E (LO)

LV 22: Guo Jing, Huang Rong (LO) - When they first met each other

Level 20 - Trash Tier. Very Weak in Song Dynasty, Mediocre in Qing Dynasty

LV 20: Ma Guang Zuo (RO)
    LV 20: Lu Wu Shuang (RO) - Pre 16 Years
    LV 20: Most Hall Leaders of Qing Mu Tang (LDJ)
    LV 20: Su Quan (LDJ)

LV 12-16: 7 Freaks of JiangNan (LO) - Except Ke Zhen E

Level 15 - Can take on a handful of trained soldiers/underlings.

LV 15: Zhao ZhiJing, Zhen Zhibing (RO)
    LV 15: Shuang Er (LDJ)
    LV 15: Lin Zhen Nan (XA)
    LV 15: Mu Nian Ci (LO)
    LV 15: Ah Zhu (TL)
    LV 15: Mu Wan Qing (TL)
    LV 13: Yue Ling Shan (XA) - Before learning secret arts in Mt Hua Cave.

Level 10 - Have the most basic of martial arts. Can take on a few soldiers.

LV 10: Zhong Ling (TL)

LV 10: Guo Fu, Wu Brothers (RO) - Pre 16 years.

LV 8: Huanghe 4 Ghosts (LO)
    LV 8: Yang Tie Xin (LO), Guo Xiao Tian (LO)
    LV 8: Lin Ping Zhi (XA) - Pre Bixie.
    LV 8: Most of Wei Xiao Bao's wives (LDJ) - Ah Ke, Zeng Rou, Fang Yi, Mu Jian Ping

Level 5 - Disciples, Followers, Underlings, Soldiers

Majority of unimportant sect disciples, followers, underlings (小喽啰) will fall in here.

LV 3: Possible characters include Xu Zhu (TL), Yi Lin (XA) at start of novel
    LV 2: Armed Guard / Soldier
    LV 1: Possible characters include Duan Yu (TL) at start of novel

Special Category - Formations & Teamwork

Xiao Long Nu (LV45) + Yang Guo (LV42) = LV75 [玉女素心剑法 Jade Maiden Swordplay]
    7 LOCH Quanzhen Disciples (LV35-41) = LV70 [天罡北斗阵 Big Dipper Formation]
    3 Du Monks (LV62 – LV65) = LV75 [金刚伏魔圈: Telepathic and Buddhism Power]

7 Wudang Heroes (LV38-LV46) = LV90 [真武七截阵] - Speculation

U.P.=Under Performance
    O.P.=Over Performance

Dugu Qiubai
    Let's think about this
    He lived between DGSD era and LOCH era(1108-1211)
    That means,he showed up him self after ending of DGSD and died at least 30 or 40 years before first mount hua tournament
    And in this period of time,he was number 1 in the world
    In this period we have DY,XZ,HS and even Sweeper Monk
    Also we know that his rivals even could not forced him to defend
    And do not forget about 9SOD one of the most advanced and maybe the most advanced skill in entire JY universe.
    The skill that made LHC from zero to hero in a few months while LHC even did not master 15% of it and had inner power problem.
    With this discribe and Jin Yong's description I even can imagin that DQ could trashed (DY,XZ=more powerful than DGSD),HS and at least = Sweeper Monk

Yang Guo
    Who says that YG in the fight against GWM was always in happy state?
    After GWM's strike,he was in the most sad moment in his life because
    He thought that:I find XLN after 16 years and a while later I should left her again but this time for ever

Zhang Wu Ji
    He has two problem
    1.underperformance in the fight
    2. trouble with unorthodox skills
    we can put him in level 77 but he have U.P. this mater send him in to level 72
    But we must not forget this matter that he really has trouble with those person
    so I will not surprise if he defeat by a level 65 fighter with 9YWBC
    Last edited by reydge; 09-12-17 at 01:57 AM.

but Feng Qingyang is different, he had reached his peak of 9 dugu martial art, so i think Feng deserves a higher rank or contrary DFBB's rank need to be reduced to some levels.
    DG9J being stronger doesn't necessarily mean FQY is stronger. He could be, but we simply don't know. Hence FQY upper limit is unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by reydge View Post

Zhang Wu Ji
    He has two problem
    1.underperformance in the fight
    2. trouble with unorthodox skills
    we can put him in level 77 but he have U.P. this mater send him in to level 72
    But we must not forget this matter that he really has trouble with those person
    so I will not surprise if he defeat by a level 65 fighter with 9YWBC
    I do agree that ZWJ performance in the novel is often not worthy of LV77. It is best to address his underperformance in the description instead of moving him down.

---

That said, I'm thinking of moving the LOCH Greats to LV72 (from 70). 2 Main Reasons:

1. Is there really a 5LV difference between LOCH and ROCH Greats? Looking at it now it seems a little too much, despite jinyong 'over the top' description on how much the greats improve. We know how much to trust his exaggeration. A 3LV difference seems more reasonable.

2. Many have pointed out that a 5LV difference between GJ and LOCH Great is not wide enough due to the greats somewhat going easy on him at Mt Hua. However, IMO GJ is definitely worthy of LV65 (in comparison to other characters there, and by his power progression in the novel), and I do not see any reason to place him lower.

The best solution hence is to buff the LOCH Greats slightly.
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 09-12-17 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    I do agree that ZWJ performance in the novel is often not worthy of LV77. It is best to address his underperformance in the description instead of moving him down.
    I think it does not work because if you only add U.P. in front of his names maybe people think that his lv is 78 or higher and with his U.P. he is 77.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    I'm thinking of moving the LOCH Greats to LV72 (from 70). 2 Main Reasons:
    The best solution hence is to buff the LOCH Greats slightly.
    If you do this the whole chart breaks down

================================================

Anyway that's my chart but
    basically it is your chart + a little change
    I really want to know your opinion about that A little change
    Last edited by reydge; 09-12-17 at 03:19 AM.

Thank you WuxiaMaster for keeping this post up to date