Page 51 of 98 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1941

Thread: Jinyong Character Level Ranking Chart

I know there was no mention, but where would the master of Tian Shan Tong Lao, Wu Ya Zi and Li Qiu Shui be ranked?

Surely he would be more powerful than his students and possibly stronger than sweeper monk?

Even in her "peak" Lv 55 is HR highest "level"🤔🤔🤔🤔

Quote Originally Posted by yangguo_ View Post
    I think she just gave birth and didn't fully recover yet.
    Even in her "peak" Lv 55 is HR highest "level"🤔🤔🤔🤔

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    I don't see Guo Jing's relevance in this at all.

And uh, yeah (see, it's easy to be condescending ;D). It absolutely did propel Yang Guo from a 40s type into the 70s in a few short months. Prior to DGQB's sword philosophy, YG would lose pretty badly to LMC. After DGQB's sword philosophy, YG with the HIS could fight the likes of YD and Ci'En (QQR) to a standstill. Even HR could not believe that someone could improve so rapidly in such a short amount of time.

The reason DGQB is speculated so highly is because his upperbound is never established. WCY needed 7 days and nights to demonstrate superiority to the other greats (despite being much older and later in life). He needed to feign death, leading to his actual death, in order to counter a plot by OYF. His upper bound is labeled more clearly.

You don't simply presume someone with no upperbound would surely lose to someone else. Not unless you like going through life with no regard for logic.
    I think Pre HIS YG can fight evenly with people like Wang Chuyi or Zhu Zhiliu even he give Gongsun Zhi some of "trouble" during their fight at Passionless Valey..
    Thats mean at this state YG no worse than Li Mochou

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    I know there was no mention, but where would the master of Tian Shan Tong Lao, Wu Ya Zi and Li Qiu Shui be ranked?

Surely he would be more powerful than his students and possibly stronger than sweeper monk?
    He is in the same category as Sweeper monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    I think Pre HIS YG can fight evenly with people like Wang Chuyi or Zhu Zhiliu even he give Gongsun Zhi some of "trouble" during their fight at Passionless Valey..
    Thats mean at this state YG no worse than Li Mochou
    You are giving Pre HIS YG too much credit. He is definitely weaker than Li Mochou at this point (Huang Yao Shi comment that he need to practice for another 3 years before he'll be stronger).

I mean after JLFW "advice" he definitely stronger than Huodu/Daerba/Hao Datong so he is not below Li Mochou at that state..

Li Mochou saw that he was exhausted and knew that he’ll soon die by the twin wheels; she was about to go forward and help him when she thought, “This kid’s martial arts have made great improvements, I better leave it to the monk to finish him off to save me future trouble.” So, she kept to the side.
    Li Mochou scoffed at his reply. She was extremely wary of Yang Guo, the longer she stayed with him in the cave the more danger she was exposed to. When it came to martial arts, she wasn’t confident that she could defeat him and she certainly wasn’t going to out think him. She lowered her head and tried to think of a way out.

Return of condor hero chapter 22 page 12 and 14..

maybe dividing pre HIS YG into other 2 sub-stages

Pre HIS YG ( Pre JLWF "advice")
    and
    Pre HIS YG ( Post JLWF "advice")
    Last edited by a_tumiwa; 11-08-17 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    maybe dividing pre HIS YG into other 2 sub-stages

Pre HIS YG ( Pre JLWF "advice")
    and
    Pre HIS YG ( Post JLWF "advice")
    Yeahhhh..
    I wonder why people always looked down Yang Guo at this time

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    He wasn't weaker (or he wouldn't have won at all); he just needed to be at full strength to actually finish the fight.
    Not necessarily true. He probably would have finished the fight but GWM panicked and threw a spanner in the works. At full strength, he turned the fight around and finished it easily. We don't know how long it would have taken a happy YG, but by all accounts he was winning and it should be enough to suggest that YG is a higher level than GWM even when happy.

Just because a fight is disrupted does not mean that there is no way to tell who is the higher level martial artist.

Yeahhhh..
    I wonder why people always looked down Yang Guo at this time
    Looking at the chart now:
    LV 48: Li Mo Chou (RO)
    LV 42: Daerba (RO) - At Martial Art meet
    LV 42: Yang Guo (RO) - Before losing his arm.
    LV 40: Huo Du (RO) – At Marital Art Meet

The Yang Guo here is the one who already received GWM's advice. Prior, I would place him at around ~LV38.

Some points to consider:
    1. At the Martial Arts Meet, Yang Guo skills is still slightly below Huo Du and Daerba. He won largely due to trickery (Daerba's beliefs caused him to fall into the hypnosis) and would have lost without Huang Rong's advice.

2. Even after GWM's advice, Yang Guo is not at LMC level. He'll give her some trouble, but not enough to win.
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 11-13-17 at 09:48 AM.

Yang Guo
    Lv 40 At Heroes Summit
    Lv 42 after Huang Yaoshi teaches him Jade Flute Sword/Finger Flick
    Lv 45 after Jinlun "advice"
    It's true he's not Li Mochou "level" but at least he's no worse than pre L/R Hand Skill Xiao Longnu (Lv 45)

Hi, I'm new, and I'm confused here. From what I see from DGSD, Xiao Feng was the most powerful fighter in the story. The only one who can stand against his Dragon Palm was Murong Bo and Xiao Yuanshan, and the person who can beat him was the sweeper monk. No body else can stand against him. Even the Tibetan Monk Jiumochi can't do anything to him.

So how can people put him at the tier below Duan Yu and Xuzhu? while Xuzhu is powerful, but Duan Yu is definitely at lower tier. He can't even stand against Jiumochi.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainsuker View Post
    Hi, I'm new, and I'm confused here. From what I see from DGSD, Xiao Feng was the most powerful fighter in the story. The only one who can stand against his Dragon Palm was Murong Bo and Xiao Yuanshan, and the person who can beat him was the sweeper monk. No body else can stand against him. Even the Tibetan Monk Jiumochi can't do anything to him.

So how can people put him at the tier below Duan Yu and Xuzhu? while Xuzhu is powerful, but Duan Yu is definitely at lower tier. He can't even stand against Jiumochi.
    Hui Juk has at least three times the inner power level of Kiu Fung. Kau Mor Tze, whose martial arts level is approximately equal to Kiu Fung's, was unable to injure Hui Juk with his most powerful barehanded blows. Only when Kau used a dagger did he manage to injure Hui Juk.

Deun Yu is an unusual and interesting case. It is true that in conventional hand-to-hand and melee weapons combat, Kiu Fung would effortlessly destroy Deun Yu, but Deun Yu's inner power is probably at least 1.5 times greater than Kiu Fung's. No less significantly, Deun Yu's specific skill set - the inner power absorption properties of Bak Ming Sun Gung, the superspeed movement of Ling Bor Mei Bo, and the point-and-kill nature of his 6 Mak Divine Swords - places Deun Yu on a higher level than the Kiu Fung/Kau Mor Tze/Siu Yeun San/Mo Yung Bok level.

its about the end of the novel, duan yu sucked all inner energy of jiumozhi until depleted , with that large amount of energy, thus he could use a better and stronger 6-meridian . dont judge duan yu by tv series adaptation , where his enemies can easily dodge 6-meridian attack

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Hui Juk has at least three times the inner power level of Kiu Fung. Kau Mor Tze, whose martial arts level is approximately equal to Kiu Fung's, was unable to injure Hui Juk with his most powerful barehanded blows. Only when Kau used a dagger did he manage to injure Hui Juk.

Deun Yu is an unusual and interesting case. It is true that in conventional hand-to-hand and melee weapons combat, Kiu Fung would effortlessly destroy Deun Yu, but Deun Yu's inner power is probably at least 1.5 times greater than Kiu Fung's. No less significantly, Deun Yu's specific skill set - the inner power absorption properties of Bak Ming Sun Gung, the superspeed movement of Ling Bor Mei Bo, and the point-and-kill nature of his 6 Mak Divine Swords - place Deun Yu on a higher level than the Kiu Fung/Kau Mor Tze/Siu Yeun San/Mo Yung Bok level.
    Well, I read the novel long time ago. But reading this forum and find that there are two or third adaption, then I'm lack behind in this department. I think the only available Tien Long Ba Bu was the before 1980 version in my country. So although I read it in 1990 - 2000 (forget the time when I did it), it still the old version, and not the later adaption.

The latest version of Tien Long Ba Bu that I see is the 2013 version of the series. So tell me, the power level at the TV was actually not valid? There, Ciao Feng is the most powerful martial artist in the story. His inner strength was so powerful, even able to make the Sweeper Monk's pushed back. With his yell, he could push Xu Zhu and Dian Yu behind for several meters at the final episode. So tell me, the power level there is not valid? Xiao Feng was actually much weaker than what they portrait there?

Well, I read the novel long time ago. But reading this forum and find that there are two or third adaption, then I'm lack behind in this department. I think the only available Tien Long Ba Bu was the before 1980 version in my country. So although I read it in 1990 - 2000 (forget the time when I did it), it still the old version, and not the later adaption.

The latest version of Tien Long Ba Bu that I see is the 2013 version of the series. So tell me, the power level at the TV was actually not valid? There, Ciao Feng is the most powerful martial artist in the story. His inner strength was so powerful, even able to make the Sweeper Monk's pushed back. With his yell, he could push Xu Zhu and Dian Yu behind for several meters at the final episode. So tell me, the power level there is not valid? Xiao Feng was actually much weaker than what they portrait there?
    In DGSD 1997 (played by Felix Wong as Xiao Feng) Xiao Feng even can easily overwhelmed Murong Fu Ding Chunqiu n You Tanzhi at Shaolin but we all knows that this is not true🤓🤓🤓🤓

In DGSD 1997 (played by Felix Wong as Xiao Feng) Xiao Feng even can easily overwhelmed Murong Fu Ding Chunqiu n You Tanzhi at Shaolin but we all knows that this is not true🤓🤓🤓🤓
    So why all TV version make Xiao Feng too OP like that?

So why all TV version make Xiao Feng too OP like that?
    Asks TVB🤧🤧🤧🤧