Page 52 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1941

Thread: Jinyong Character Level Ranking Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Brainsuker View Post
    So why all TV version make Xiao Feng too OP like that?
    1v1, Xiao Feng can easily overwhelm any of them.

XF is crazy strong, but DY and XZ are simply on another level of OPness due to their encounters and out of the world internal.

I have made some minor refinements (along with rationale behind the change).

Add disclaimer text for ZWJ
    LV 77: Zhang Wu Ji (YT) - He frequently performed below this LV in the novel.

Flash out Pre-HIS Yang Guo Levels
    LV 38: Yang Guo (RO) - At Martial Arts Meet
    LV 44: Yang Guo (RO) - Post Golden Wheel Monk Advice, before losing his arm (from 42)
    LV 44: Xiao Long Nu (RO) - Before Learning Left-Right Technique (from 45)

Yang Guo is still weaker than GWM disciples (martial arts wise) at the meet. I agree he does improved quite a bit after that and should have gone up at least to his teacher level, although they should both be still weaker than Li Mo Chou (LV48).
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 11-26-17 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    I have made some minor refinements (along with rationale behind the change).

Add disclaimer text for ZWJ
    LV 77: Zhang Wu Ji (YT) - He frequently performed below this LV in the novel.

Flash out Pre-HIS Yang Guo Levels
    LV 38: Yang Guo (RO) - At Martial Arts Meet
    LV 44: Yang Guo (RO) - Post Golden Wheel Monk Advice, before losing his arm (from 42)
    LV 44: Xiao Long Nu (RO) - Before Learning Left-Right Technique (from 45)

Yang Guo is still weaker than GWM disciples (martial arts wise) at the meet. I agree he does improved quite a bit after that and should have gone up at least to his teacher level, although they should both be still weaker than Li Mo Chou (LV48).
    Emmmph..
    What about HIS Yang Guo🤔🤔🤔🤔
    I think LV 75 too high for him
    Lv 72 Yang Guo with HIS when he beats Jinlun Fawang/Qiu Qianren
    Lv 75 Yang Guo post 6 years ocean sword training (before created Sad Palm)
    Lv 78 in the early fight with Jinlun Fawang
    Lv 80 when he "destroy" Jinlun Fawang
    Lv 45 post Jinlun Fawang advice judging from his fight against Gongsun Zhi at Passionless Valley which looks better than Li Mochou (despite he is weaker than Li Mochou at that time)
    Second from his "feats" at Kubhilai Camp when he "impressed" Zhou Botong Jinlun n 4 Mongolian Warriors
    😛😛😛😛
    Just My humble opinion

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster
    Level 35 – Seasoned Pugilist. Medicore in Song Dynasty, Top Tier in Qing Dynasty

1) All the other 2nd generation Quanzhen Disciples (LO)
    2) Ao Bai (LDJ)
    3) Chen Jin Nan (LDJ)
    4) Feng Xi Fan (LDJ)
    5) Hu Yi Dao (XSFH)
    6) Miao Fan Tian (XSFH)
    ----------------------------------
    i think u should dividing XSFH characters and not combine them into 1 at lv.35

from the strongest to weakest :
    early novel : Miao Renfeng = Hu Yi Dao > Tian Guinong > Fan family
    end novel : Hu Fei > Miao Renfeng > Hu yi dao (coz he died) > Tian Guinong > fan family
    Last edited by a_tumiwa; 12-15-17 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    ----------------------------------
    i think u should dividing XSFH characters and not combine them into 1 at lv.35

from the strongest to weakest :
    early novel : Miao Renfeng = Hu Yi Dao > Tian Guinong > Fan family
    end novel : Hu Fei > Miao Renfeng > Hu yi dao (coz he died) > Tian Guinong > fan family
    How if Chen Jialuo or Hu Fei compare with Yuan Chengzhi🙄🙄🙄🙄
    Who's strongest😐😐😐😐

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    How if Chen Jialuo or Hu Fei compare with Yuan Chengzhi🙄🙄🙄🙄
    Who's strongest😐😐😐😐
    i think yuan chengzhi > chen jialuo > hu fei

yuan chenzhi has already become one of the strongest character in early sswrb novel or his first appearance in jiang hu

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    i think yuan chengzhi > chen jialuo > hu fei

yuan chenzhi has already become one of the strongest character in early sswrb novel or his first appearance in jiang hu
    Hmmmmmm then who's stronger Jiu Nan or Chen Jialuo😳😳😳😳

Quote Originally Posted by reydge View Post
    Update with Sword Stained with Royal Blood characters V 1.0
    LV 57: Mu Renqing (BXJ)
    LV 57: Xia Xueyi (BXJ)
    LV 49: Taoist Musang (BXJ)
    LV 41: Gui Xinshu (BXJ)
    LV 41: Huang Zhen (BXJ)
    LV 40: Yuan Chengzhi (BXJ)
    LV 39: Yuzhenzi (BXJ)
    LV 37: An Jianqing (BXJ)
    LV 34: He Tieshou (BXJ)
    LV 30: Princess Changping(A'jiu) (BXJ)
    LV 25: Five Wen Elders (BXJ)
    LV 13: Xia Qingqing (BXJ)

after some opinion

Update with Sword Stained with Royal Blood characters V 2.0
    LV 50: Mu Renqing (BXJ)
    LV 50: Xia Xueyi (BXJ)
    LV 37: Yuan Chengzhi (BXJ)
    LV 36: Yuzhenzi (BXJ)
    LV 35: An Jianqing (BXJ)
    LV 35: Gui Xinshu (BXJ)
    LV 33: Huang Zhen (BXJ)
    LV 30: Gui Erniang (BXJ)
    LV 30: He Tieshou (BXJ)
    LV 30: Princess Changping(A'jiu) (BXJ)
    LV 30: Taoist Musang (BXJ)
    LV 20: Five Wen Elders (BXJ)
    LV 13: Xia Qingqing (BXJ)
    Hmmmm seem like Yuan Chengzhi was really weak😛😛😛😛
    Lv 52 Mu Renqing
    Lv 50 Xie Xueyi
    Lv 42 Yuan Chengzhi
    Lv 40 Yuzhenzi
    Lv 38 Gui Xinshu
    Lv 36 Taoist Musang
    Lv 35 Huang Zhen
    An Jianqing
    Lv 32 Gui Erniang
    He Tieshou

Qiu Qian Chi the little sister of Qui Qian Ren should be added to the list since she does play a fairly major role in ROCH. Maybe level 50 since her internal energy is pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by _Kenny_ View Post
    Qiu Qian Chi the little sister of Qui Qian Ren should be added to the list since she does play a fairly major role in ROCH. Maybe level 50 since her internal energy is pretty high.
    Yuuuuupz I think so..
    It's say that her kungfu more higher than Gongsun Zhi before cripple 20 years ago so at least she must at Lv 50

That's a nice catch for a major missing character. It's tough rating her after she is crippled - but prior to that, LV50 sounds about right. After crippled, it would only be her internal that is left at that LV.

That's a nice catch for a major missing character. It's tough rating her after she is crippled - but prior to that, LV50 sounds about right. After crippled, it would only be her internal that is left at that LV.
    Hong Ling bo and Granny Sun should also be added to flesh out lower level ROCH characters. Just some suggestion since Hong Ling bo is the eldest student of Li Mo Chou and Granny Sun rescues YG and introduces him to the Ancient Tomb sect and XLN. I say put Hong Ling bo at 25 since she should be stronger than Lu Wu Shuang who is at level 20. Maybe put Granny Sun around that level too.

Hong Ling bo and Granny Sun should also be added to flesh out lower level ROCH characters. Just some suggestion since Hong Ling bo is the eldest student of Li Mo Chou and Granny Sun rescues YG and introduces him to the Ancient Tomb sect and XLN. I say put Hong Ling bo at 25 since she should be stronger than Lu Wu Shuang who is at level 20. Maybe put Granny Sun around that level too.
    CMIIW..
    Guo Fu was stronger than Lu Wushuang pre 16 years so I think Lv 10-15 to low for her

The lower tier characters LV aren't very precise actually, we never spend much effort to delve into them.

Chars like Zhao Zhi Jing, Guo Fu, Hong Lingbo, Lu wushuang, Wanyan Ping etc could probably be given more precise rating. Hopefully theres someone who can recall the minor exchanges/fights among them.

The lower tier characters LV aren't very precise actually, we never spend much effort to delve into them.

Chars like Zhao Zhi Jing, Guo Fu, Hong Lingbo, Lu wushuang, Wanyan Ping etc could probably be given more precise rating. Hopefully theres someone who can recall the minor exchanges/fights among them.
    YG when he leaves the Ancient Tomb is ranked level 25 and if memory serves me right, he somewhat easily defeats Hong Ling Bo when she first ventures into the Ancient Tomb entrance, of course YG brought her there pretending to be a retarded person, so there may be some trickery involved where he caught her off guard. But I have a feeling even at level 25 YG was a better fighter than her, maybe put Hong Ling Bo at like level 22 or so.

Thinking about it, I don't think Lu Wu Shuang is level 20. She's ranked higher than the likes of Zhao Zhi Jing and Zhen Zhi Bing who you have at level 15, I don't even believe her martial arts level is higher than them. In fact YG mentions her martial arts ability to himself when all 3 were together in Passionless Valley, right after XLN had departed and the story is on the verge of shifting to post 16 years. If you remember, YG leaves behind Jade Maiden Swordplay and Li Mo Chou's poison manual and I think a few other manuals. YG was basically thinking to himself that Cheng Ying was smart and talented in martial arts but Lu Wu Shuang was just really bad and needed serious work to improving her martial arts ability.

So I suggest maybe bringing Zhao Zhi Jing and Zhen Zhi Bing up to level 20 and put Lu Wu Shuang around level 15. My logic is that the former had decades in martial arts training, whereas Lu Wu Shuang who isn't very good and talented in Martial arts had less than 10 years training at that point. She shouldn't be ranked above them.

I don't recall the specifics of the fight, but if someone have the details to the points below, we can give a more accurate rating:

1. Yang Guo VS Zhao Zhi Jing and Zhen Zhi Bing

In the incident when the 2 priests caught YG practicing with XLN in the bushes, did both of them team up against YG? If so, did YG defeat them easily?

There need to be a bigger gap if YG really defeat both of them team-up. Either YG should be above LV25 at this point, or the 2 priests should be lower.

2. YG / XLN

When YG first left the tomb (pre Mt. Hua), was he still A LOT weaker than XLN? Looking at the chart now, YG is LV25 while XLN is ~LV44 at this point. I suspect this gap might be a bit too wide?

3. Guo Fu / Lu Wu Shuang / Cheng Ying

Memory is hazy, but i believe GF and LWS were about equal in their fight, until GF started focus attacking LWS limp leg. So GF might not be that far ahead? Did CY stepped in at anypoint of time to stop GF?

4. Cheng Ying / Yang Guo / Yelu Qi

Was there some sort of exchange between them? I vaguely recall YG being slightly weaker than Yelu Qi.

Any opinoin on whether CY or YG stronger when they first met?

I also think there was this battle where YG + Yelu Qi + CY and a few other "young heroes" together were almost able to defeat Li Mo Chou?
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 02-15-18 at 05:11 AM.

I don't recall the specifics of the fight, but if someone have the details to the points below, we can give a more accurate rating:

In the incident when the 2 priests caught YG practicing with XLN in the bushes, did both of them team up against YG? If so, did YG defeat them easily?

There need to be a bigger gap if YG really defeat both of them team-up. Either YG should be above LV25 at this point, or the 2 priests should be lower.

2. YG / XLN

When YG first left the tomb (pre Mt. Hua), was he still A LOT weaker than XLN? Looking at the chart now, YG is LV25 while XLN is ~LV44 at this point. I suspect this gap might be a bit too wide?

Memory is hazy, but i believe GF and LWS were about equal in their fight, until GF started focus attacking LWS limp leg. So GF might not be that far ahead? Did CY stepped in at anypoint of time to stop GF?

Was there some sort of exchange between them? I vaguely recall YG being slightly weaker than Yelu Qi.

I also think there was this battle where YG + Yelu Qi + CY and a few other "young heroes" together were almost able to defeat Li Mo Chou?
    Yang Guo "true" skill was weaker than Zhao/Yin at this point..
    He can win in 1 on 1 fight largely due to Jade Maiden Sutra which the "blackstar" of Quanzhen skill so I think they're at the same level perhaps around 20

2. If I'am not wrong when Yang's couple first time reunited they have been fully mastered Jade Maiden Swordplay (before fight against Jinlun in the inn)
    So would rank them :
    Lv 32 Pre Huashan Yang Guo
    Lv 38 Yang Guo at Hero Meeting
    Lv 42 Xiao Longnu at Hero Meeting
    Lv 40 Yang Guo (after fully mastered Jade Maiden Swordplay)
    Lv 45 Xiao Longnu (after fully mastered Jade Maiden Swordplay)

3. Yeahhh you right😉😉😉😉
    4. Right again..
    Yelu Qi slighty stronger than pre Huashan Yang Guo but for Cheng Ying I think she's weaker than Yang/Yelu but still a lot stronger than Lu/Guo Fu/Wu bro
    There is my point :
    Lv 34 Yelu Qi
    Lv 32 Yang Guo
    Lv 26 Cheng Ying
    Lv 22 Guo Fu/Wu bro/Yelu Yan
    Lv 20 Lu Wushuang
    Lv 16 Wanyan Ping

Yeahhh if they fought together maybe more than enough for subdue Li Mochou IMHO😋😋😋😋

I don't remember if it was this thread, but I remember expressing that Zhao Zhi Jing seems incredibly weak but due to the GWM comment I believe a ton of other people said it would not be surprising if he was as strong as the LOCH weaker QZ Masters (which I still disagree with!!). So it seems he deserves a big bump up.

2. YG / XLN

1. This version of YG (around 17 years old with 3 years of martial arts training) is actually weaker than Zhao Zhi Jing and Zhen Zhi Bing in terms of internal energy and external skills. In fact he only bested them because he was using Jade Maiden Swordplay which was created to neutralize the Quan Zhen sect's swordplay. Excerpt from Ch. 6.

Presently, Yang Guo’s kung fu could not actually compare with that of Yin Zhi Ping’s, if Yang Guo fought with other sect’s fighters who were of the same ability as Yin Zhi Ping he would definitely have lost. But years ago Lin Chao Ying had invented techniques to counter Quan Zhen’s, every stance matched every stance, after she invented these techniques they have never been used in practise, so Quan Zhen’s disciples does not know that there is a kung fu which is the black star of theirs. Yang Guo now used it; Ying Zhi Ping was not prepared and wasn’t concentrating, and didn’t have any way to respond, although he didn’t fall, he was flung over twenty feet, standing next to Zhao Zhi Jing.
    In fact, he was losing to them when they were using barehanded attacks and not swords. Zhen Zhi Bing and Zhao Zhi Jing were on the verge of victory, but Zhen felt merciful. Here's another excerpt from the same chapter:

In just a few moves, the two of them were made to hurry around and scamper by a teenager, they were both afraid and angry and didn’t dare to be careless. The two of them stood up, and used their palms skills, they only defended and didn’t attack, they wanted to find out more about their opponents techniques before doing anything. Although Yang Guo had weapons to fight against his empty handed opponents, the two defended tightly, and weren’t beaten as badly as they did at the start. The [Jade Heart Manual’s] sword techniques did not have any stances that countered Quan Zhen’s fists and kicks. Lin Chao Yin wanted to defeat Wong Chong Yang’s techniques completely, she felt that using weapons to defeat his hand to hand combat techniques was unfair and below her so she did not give it any thought, plus the fact that the two Taoists internal energy were well above Yang Guo’s, and all they cared about was to remain undefeated, Yang Guo’s swipes and chops did not have much effect, and eventually he started to lose.

Zhao Zhi Jing’s internal energy was profound, he incessantly kept on producing palm winds that aimed at Yang Guo’s sword.

Yin Zhi Ping stopped, and thought secretly thought that here they were, two seniors attacking a young boy, how ridiculous did they look? He saw that victory was in sight but worried about the safety of Xiao Long Nuu so he shouted, “Yang Guo, quickly take you Gu Gu away, what are you doing tangling with the two of us?”
    2. XLN is far above YG at this point. Even in a severely injured state from the fire deviation she was easily overpowering YG. Remember she wanted to kill YG to fulfill here promise to Granny Sun? Here's the excerpt from the same chapter.

Xiao Long Nuu calmly said, “Guo Er, my injury won’t get better, after I kill you we’ll both see grandma Sun together!”

Yang Guo quickly replied, “Gu Gu!”

Xiao Long Nuu said, “You are scared, aren’t you? It will be quick, one slash and that’s it.”

Yang Guo saw Xiao Long Nuu’s eye lit up, and knew that she wanted to kill him immediately. He wanted to live, and didn’t consider what will happen any more, he rolled around and kicked out at Xiao Long Nuu’s sword. Though Xiao Long Nuu’s internal injuries were serious, she was still very swift, not slower than normal; she avoided his kick and pointed the sword at his throat again. Yang Guo used many different stances, but each one of them was taught by Xiao Long Nuu so how would she not know what he would do? The sword moved swiftly, not leaving him by more than three inches.

Yang Guo was frightened, his body was full of sweat. He thought, “If I don’t want to die today, then I must kill Gu Gu.”

Under this urgent situation he pushed out his two palms, he took advantage of her not having any strength after her injury, her stances were refined but she did not have the internal energy to clash palms with him. Xiao Long Nuu knew what he was thinking, she slanted her body slightly and let his palms’ power skim over her shoulders and called out, “Guo Er, don’t fight anymore!” Her sword extended out, the tip quivered a little, an incomparable stance in terms of mastery and exquisiteness was used, [Separating Flower Splitting Willow], shimmering to the left but moving to the right, and the sword pointed at Yang Guo’s throat. She then circulated her remaining energy and wanted to pierce his throat, but she saw his pleading eyes, and felt pain in her heart. At that instant, her eyes went black, her body went soft, a ‘dang’ sound was made as the sword dropped on the floor, as Xiao Long Nuu fainted.
    This version of YG isn't level 25, I say downgrade him to around level 20 and that's being generous. Zhao ZhiJing and Zhen Zhibing were considered the 2 most talented of their generation, I say no way are they level 15, more like around level 20-25. BTW, I considered at this point YG is leaving the Ancient Tomb Sect for the first time and his adventures in the Jiang Hu truly begins.

3. I can't find the part where they fought. I can only find the parts where they argued, first time was when Lu Wu Shuang found out that Guo Fu chopped off YG's arm and second time when GF was talking trash that the only person YG loved was XLN, Huang Rong and Cheng Ying just intervened to keep it from escalating. From my memory it's only the tv adaptations where they fought. Anyways, since Lu Wu Shuang's martial arts are pretty low, I would downgrade her from level 20 to around 10, same as Guo Fu and the Wu brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Emmmph..
    What about HIS Yang Guo🤔🤔🤔🤔
    I think LV 75 too high for him
    Lv 72 Yang Guo with HIS when he beats Jinlun Fawang/Qiu Qianren
    Lv 75 Yang Guo post 6 years ocean sword training (before created Sad Palm)
    Lv 78 in the early fight with Jinlun Fawang
    Lv 80 when he "destroy" Jinlun Fawang
    Lv 45 post Jinlun Fawang advice judging from his fight against Gongsun Zhi at Passionless Valley which looks better than Li Mochou (despite he is weaker than Li Mochou at that time)
    Second from his "feats" at Kubhilai Camp when he "impressed" Zhou Botong Jinlun n 4 Mongolian Warriors
    😛😛😛😛
    Just My humble opinion
    I also agree with this. Normal YG (and probably GJ) at outright 80 is a little much. Normal YG is only "slightly" superior than GWM/ZBT and even HYS in their fights. He should cross Lv-80 line only in melancholic mood. IMHO:
    Lv-78 YG (+2/3 when in melancholy)
    Lv-79 GJ (speculation)