Page 54 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1941

Thread: Jinyong Character Level Ranking Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Deathblows are typically singular. In LUK SIU FUNG, Sai Mun Chui Sheut slew Yip Goo Sing with a single swordstroke, but that hardly reflects how closely matched they actually were.
    Who are they🤔🤔🤔🤔

Jinlun's mental state also played a role there. He tends to choke and also he was worried about GX too (at least in the later editions). My point is normal YG and GWM are extremely close (neither felt superior when they clashed) until Goldie's chokinesskicks in after several stances.

Also regarding HSDS, Two Demons of Hejian are placed a little high at 60. It was stated that they are a full level below Du Monks individually, so they should be hanging arould Lvl-56. There are also some points regarding Yang Dingtianand Kong Jian (YDT a little high & KJ a little low), but we can discuss later about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Polar-kun View Post
    Jinlun's mental state also played a role there. He tends to choke and also he was worried about GX too (at least in the later editions). My point is normal YG and GWM are extremely close (neither felt superior when they clashed) until Goldie's chokinesskicks in after several stances.

Also regarding HSDS, Two Demons of Hejian are placed a little high at 60. It was stated that they are a full level below Du Monks individually, so they should be hanging arould Lvl-56. There are also some points regarding Yang Dingtianand Kong Jian (YDT a little high & KJ a little low), but we can discuss later about them.
    Agree with you..
    I think Yang Dingtian "true" level is 65, it's true that he defeat Du E 30 year ago but at this time Du E and his brothers at best maybe only around Yang Xiao level IMHO. And for Kongjian perhaps can range around 58 to 60🤔🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Who are they🤔🤔🤔🤔
    In the world of Gu Long's story LUK SIU FUNG, they were the world's two supreme swordsmen. Their rivalry and ultimate confrontation in the third LUK SIU FUNG novel is the stuff of wuxia legend.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kB6PS-XgX0A/SM3qG93uEHI/AAAAAAAAD9c/xwubeiLdfVw/s400/saimoon.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://weipai.vinehoo.com/WineFondImage/WineFondRss/3382-4.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Polar-kun View Post
    I'm of the opinion that the gap between normal YG and GWM is not THAT close (as in a mere 1 LV diff). Their palm clash only indicate that in terms of internal strength they are equal, but the full battle shows GWM lags behind in technique.

It's similar to pre 16 GWM palm clash with GJ. If we judge by that alone, he would be same LV with GJ. But we see later on from the mongol camp battle that GJ is definitely of a higher league.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    I'm of the opinion that the gap between normal YG and GWM is not THAT close (as in a mere 1 LV diff). Their palm clash only indicate that in terms of internal strength they are equal, but the full battle shows GWM lags behind in technique.

It's similar to pre 16 GWM palm clash with GJ. If we judge by that alone, he would be same LV with GJ. But we see later on from the mongol camp battle that GJ is definitely of a higher league.
    The Golden Wheel Monk's recurring problem is that he fights STUPID. He always plays to the strengths of his opponents rather than his own strengths, and that's how he keeps getting beaten.

Gu Long I never read his book😋😋
    I only read Jin Yong and Liang Yusheng..

ROCH Chapter 39 page 10..
    By this time Yang Guo, using one arm, had fought more than two hundred stances with Fawang. Both of their martial arts were quite different from each other and the battle kept intensifying. The entire platform was shaken by their wheels and palm. The smoke coming from the bottom of the platform also thickened and soon a black cloud covered the platform. Although Yang Guo was not using a weapon he was not at a disadvantage. Fawang felt the platform shaking lightly and knew that the fire had started to consume one of the support pillars of the platform. It would only be a question of time before the platform collapsed and then he, Yang Guo and Guo Xiang would all die together. Also he saw that the techniques of Yang Guo were quite marvelous and feared that after another hundred stances or so he would be defeated by Yang Guo. In this dire situation he attacked Yang Guo’s right shoulder with his iron wheel and when Yang Guo was about to avoid that wheel he threw his bronze wheel towards Guo Xiang’s face. Since she was tied to a pole, it was impossible for her to dodge that wheel.

Yang Guo was horrified and leapt towards Guo Xiang and used his sleeve to whisk the bronze wheel away. However, when two experts fought, it was unwise to be distracted and Yang Guo’s attention was on Guo Xiang, leaving himself unguarded. Fawang struck out with his iron wheel the sharp edges were aimed at Yang Guo’s left leg. In mid-air Yang Guo frantically kicked Fawang’s wrist with his right leg. Fawang twisted his wheel around and Yang Guo could not avoid it and his right leg was cut. Blood immediately flowed from his wound and his injury was not slight. Guo Xiang called out in fear and Fawang took out his lead wheel. With two wheels in his hands he attacked Guo Xiang again from the top and bottom. He knew, that although Yang Guo was injured, he could not overcome him at the moment. So he deliberately launched a fake attack on Guo Xiang and by doing so Yang Guo would try to protect her with all his might. In a few moments Yang Guo was in a dangerous position and could only defend and no longer attack.
    ROCH Chapter 39 page 11..
    Yang Guo knew it was in vain; he could not rescue Guo Xiang by himself. He would probably die here as well. He looked tragically at Xiao Longnü and said, “Long’er, farewell. Take care…” At this moment Fawang used his iron wheel to advance forward, wanting to strike Yang Guo on the skull. Yang Guo had given up all hope; he casually whisked his sleeve and struck out his palm and it smashed Fawang directly on the shoulder.

Zhou Botong who was standing below shouted, “Good! That’s one very impressive ‘Entangled by the Web of Love’.” Yang Guo was stunned for a moment and then he realized he was feeling lost and hopeless and he unintentionally used the stance “Entangled by the Web of Love”. The heart is the most important factor of this style – it commands the arm and the arm commands the palm. That day, in the “Hundred Flowers Valley”, Zhou Botong did not feel sadness and melancholy and therefore he could not grasp the essence behind this style. When Yang Guo was reunited with Xiao Longnü, this style lost its essence. When Yang Guo faced death and parting with Xiao Longnü the sorrow and melancholy suddenly surged forth in his heart and immediately boosted the power of the “Melancholic Sad Palms”.

Fawang was about to be victorious when, suddenly, he was hit on the shoulder. His chest hurt greatly and he trembled. He was furious and surprised and instantly attacked again.

Yang Guo backed away and retaliated with “In A State Of Disunity”, “Irrational Direction”, “The Settled Cessation” and another move quickly followed these three attacks. It was the “The Meaningless Wanderer”. This stance was a kick, but it was a most elusive attack. Fawang could only vaguely see a leg; it was there, but it was not. He could not avoid this kick and he suffered a heavy blow to his chest. He coughed up blood and fell. Both armies yelled, the Song yelled with joy and the Mongolians called out in surprise.

Thanks for the excerpt! It quite clearly show that GWM is losing to normal YG (of course, we can argue this is due to the pressure of the burning platform, his inferiority complex, etc) and he had to resort to attacking Guo Xiang to distract him.

Now what about Yang Guo vs Guo Jing who will win..
    Yang Guo can win against Jinlun and the other Greats (aguably) but can he win against his Uncle Guo if his fight against Jinlun considering as a "canon"http://gif.co/FVm3.gif

Now what about Yang Guo vs Guo Jing who will win..
    Yang Guo can win against Jinlun and the other Greats (aguably) but can he win against his Uncle Guo if his fight against Jinlun considering as a "canon"http://gif.co/FVm3.gif
    If you MUST, please bring it here.

Most of this forum thrashed it out years ago, but if the duel must be revived, let it take place on its old stomping ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    If you MUST, please bring it here.

Most of this forum thrashed it out years ago, but if the duel must revived, let it take place in its old stomping ground.
    Oughhh..
    C'mon stay calm I'am not serious guyz😋😋

Strange because I always thought Cheng Ying is quite a bit better than LWS/Guo Fu LV. She trained directly under HYS, manage to save YG at the start from GWM, but I don't remember any specific fights she was in.

Thanks for all the contributions. I've organized them a bit and here are the LVs tentatively. I realized there's an additional period of 1 year+ (after the tomb was sealed off), when YG/XLN hang around to mastered the "Jade Maiden Sutra" (Yu Nu Xin Jing). This should fill the gap from when he met the 2 priests to Pre Mt Hua.

LV 22: Yang Guo - When Li Mo Chou invade the Tomb (this when he fought the 2 priests)
    LV 25: Zhao ZhiJing, Zhen Zhibing
    LV 32: Yang Guo - When he left Mt.Zhongnan (Before Mt. Hua)
    LV 34: Yelu Qi
    LV 38: Yang Guo - At Martial Arts Meet

I agree that ~LV10 is too low for Guo Fu. She trained directly under GJ after all. No matter how untalented she is, LV10 seems absolutely too thrashy. :P

Guo Fu/Wu Brothers should probably go to LV20, Lu Wu Shuang LV18. Cheng Ying could be around LV22 to LV25.
    This seems okay. Yelu Qi is definitely around a level 34 pre-16 years. In fact his martial arts level as observed by Li Mo Chou is actually higher than Sun Bu Er. This was during the fight between Li Mo Chou against YG and Yeli Qi and she made that observation. Sun Bu Er is ranked level 36 so she should be ranked below Yeli Qi.
    Here's the section in Ch. 10 of ROCH.

In a flash forty stances were exchanged, Ye Luu Qi coiled his sword back slightly, he saw defeat in front of him but if Li Mo Chou wanted to win right now, she will not be able to succeed.

She secretly praised him, “This little punk is indeed using the refined skills of Quan Zhen, although he can’t compare with Qiu, Liu and Wang, he won’t lose to Sun Bu Er. There are indeed many able people in Quan Zhen.
    I would also add that post-16 years Yelu Qi should be ranked higher than level 40 since at the Beggars tournament he was more than holding his own against Huo Du and it was only through trickery that Huo Du managed to beat him. Maybe 45-50? Since Huo Du was ranked level 40 pre-16 years.

I think Lv 45 too high for Yelu Qi even in post 16 years/end ROCH since he admits that he was more inferior than Nimoxing which have Lv 50..
    At best Lv 42 more than enough for him IMHO

Wow I didn't know pre-16 Yelu Qi is this strong (or Sun Buer is that weak?). A 20 yr old non protaganist on the same LV as a 2nd generation Quanzhen Elder in her 40s?

For comparision: LV34 is also Guo Jing's LV after learning 15 Dragon Palms in LOCH. For Yelu Qi to be at LV36 is very impressive to me.
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 02-21-18 at 07:07 AM.

Wow I didn't know pre-16 Yelu Qi is this strong (or Sun Buer is that weak?). A 20 yr old non protaganist on the same LV as a 2nd generation Quanzhen Elder in her 40s?

For comparision: LV34 is also Guo Jing's LV after learning 15 Dragon Palms in LOCH. For Yelu Qi to be at LV36 is very impressive to me.
    He's around 4-5 years older than YG at this point. YG is around 18 or so. Also, Yelu Qi has been training under Zhou Botong since he was little. Having far more years in martial arts training and from a Great level fighter. YG also did say Yelu Qi had higher martial arts skills than him when he was teaching Wanyan Ping moves to make him use his other hand in her quest for revenge. I'm guessing this version of YG was around level 28-30, the pre-Hua Shan one. You suggested he be placed at level 34 which seems about right. Just move Sun Bu Er down a few levels, like 32 or so.

Yeahhh I think Lv 34 quite reasonable for Yelu Qi at this time/pre 16 years and Lv 36 for Sun Bu'er reasonable too since she is weaker than Hao Datong (Lv 40) or Huodu (Lv 42)..

Quote Originally Posted by _Kenny_ View Post
    He's around 4-5 years older than YG at this point. YG is around 18 or so. Also, Yelu Qi has been training under Zhou Botong since he was little. Having far more years in martial arts training and from a Great level fighter. YG also did say Yelu Qi had higher martial arts skills than him when he was teaching Wanyan Ping moves to make him use his other hand in her quest for revenge. I'm guessing this version of YG was around level 28-30, the pre-Hua Shan one. You suggested he be placed at level 34 which seems about right. Just move Sun Bu Er down a few levels, like 32 or so.
    With Jade Maiden Sutra plus 9 Yin Manual Lv 32 for Yang Guo was acceptable at this time IMHO..

With Jade Maiden Sutra plus 9 Yin Manual Lv 32 for Yang Guo was acceptable at this time IMHO..
    The 9 Yum Jen Ging excerpts that Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl got in the Ancient Tomb were a very miniscule portion of the manual. Really, all they had at that point was Breath-Holding Technique (for getting through the Tomb's secret underwater exit/entrance) and Hypnosis Technique (an important component for countering Ancient Tomb Sect techniques).

Yeahhh but still even with minor part of 9 Yin Manual can make you "strong" 😑😑