Page 69 of 98 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1941

Thread: Jinyong Character Level Ranking Chart

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    For fun, I guess Duan Yu? Haha.

Seriously though, there is no point to go 'lower than necessary' on the chart. If we were to introduce a LV0 for 'helpless damsel', then somone will ask what about 6 year old Wuji? Lv -1?

What about Ying Gu and ZBT's baby? Lv -10? There is no end.
    I think Level 1 would include people who received the most basic of martial arts training (equivalent to what children learn at martial arts schools in the real world today) and Level 0 would be complete noncombatants who have never trained in the martial arts at all in their lives.

Also in the spirit of fun, where would the most famous real world martial artist of modern times, Bruce Lee, have fit on our scale in his prime?

Judging from this chart people like Bruce Lee Ip Man Wong Fei Hung or Huo Yuajia could be placed at Lv 10 IMHO..

if ao bai is level 35 then a qing soldier should be there too as they have guns. sung soldier can be lvl 1
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

In that case Donald Trump should be LV10000 since he has nukes.

In that case Donald Trump should be LV10000 since he has nukes.
    haha but qing soldiers were still a "character" in duke of mount deer. donald trump never made an appearance!

how strong was Ling Hu Chong after learning yi jin jing according to your ranking wuxiamaster?

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    how strong was Ling Hu Chong after learning yi jin jing according to your ranking wuxiamaster?
    No such ranking in the chart since he never mastered YJJ before the novel ends.

When he does, I would personally put him at LV80 (YJJ alone, excluding further improvement to DG9J)

Well Reverend Fangzheng with years of experience plus some of 72 Shaolin art and "fully mastered" YYJ only have Lv 72..

No such ranking in the chart since he never mastered YJJ before the novel ends.

When he does, I would personally put him at LV80 (YJJ alone, excluding further improvement to DG9J)
    interesting, so if LHC master both DG9J and YJJ then you think hes better than Xiao Feng, etc? hmm i can see that though, interesting

So sad We never know how "good" DG9S "palm breaking stance" could this stance "break" Dragon Palm or Sad Palm or one of Shaolin 72 art so I highly doubt even with Yijin Jing + DG9S (minus palm breaking stance) LHC could beat XF or GJ..

To be more precise, my LV80 for LHC should be "against sword wielding opponents only", assuming he completely master YJJ without further improvement to DG9J.

DG9J is such a unique skill (in that each stance counter a specific "weapon"), making it very difficult to rate LHC on an "overall" basis accurately, unless he master all stances.

That said, I considered both YJJ and DG9J "Beyond Great" or "A+" tier skillset - on par with the likes of 9yin/9yang.

With both A+ tier internal and external skills, LHC is definitely worthy of LV80. The current LHC at LV69 have some pretty terrible internal. From having ~B LV internal to mastering a A+ tier internal? It would be an insane boost to his powers.

Remember that You Tan Zhi/Early Zhang Wu Ji both had basically non existent external and are rated at LV60+ already. Don't underestimate the combination of A+ Internal/External, especially on a martial art prodigy like LHC.

All things considered, it is still going to take a while.

I believe he can reach LV80 about 10 years after the novel end.

20 years later, I would even put him as high as LV85 (just above DFBB).

Yeeeep he might be the most powerful martial artist after the novel only after the novel end😛😛😛😛

To be more precise, my LV80 for LHC should be "against sword wielding opponents only", assuming he completely master YJJ without further improvement to DG9J.

DG9J is such a unique skill (in that each stance counter a specific "weapon"), making it very difficult to rate LHC on an "overall" basis accurately, unless he master all stances.

That said, I considered both YJJ and DG9J "Beyond Great" or "A+" tier skillset - on par with the likes of 9yin/9yang.

With both A+ tier internal and external skills, LHC is definitely worthy of LV80. The current LHC at LV69 have some pretty terrible internal. From having ~B LV internal to mastering a A+ tier internal? It would be an insane boost to his powers.

Remember that You Tan Zhi/Early Zhang Wu Ji both had basically non existent external and are rated at LV60+ already. Don't underestimate the combination of A+ Internal/External, especially on a martial art prodigy like LHC.

All things considered, it is still going to take a while.

I believe he can reach LV80 about 10 years after the novel end.

20 years later, I would even put him as high as LV85 (just above DFBB).
    hmm so you would actually put LHC over Feng Qing Yang after 20 years?

Of course if We "speculate" LHC "fully mastered" both DG9S and Yijin Jing he would be far better than FQY though his martial art uncle also have DG9S he lack what LHC have A+ tier inner strength method (i.e Yijin Jing)..

It depends on the LV of proficiency. If he masters or attain a very high lv in it, I would easily put him at least at LV75.

You are greatly underestimating YJJ if you think otherwise. YJJ is an internal that is on the same tier as 9Yang (aka the best in jinyong universe), and given LHC mediocore internal, it would be a massive boost.

I would think he need at least 5 years to reach such a LV though (i.e same time taken for ZWJ).

If he perfect dugu 9jian as well (another 10 years), I would rank him as among the strongest protaganist (LV80++, likely only behind XZ and SPT)
    Agreed. I thought LHC had much higher potential than even XF, YG, and GJ because he had access to a high level internal and external art.

In terms of "potentially" after the end of story Wuji might be the "strongest" since he have 2 A+/super great level skill (9 Yin and 9 Yang) and 2 A/great level skill (Tai Chi and Qian Kun) while LHC come second with 2 A+/super great level skill (DG9S and Yijin Jing)..

I think it is better nor to discuss about potential in this thread or the discussion will not end. E.g. i can easily argue that one fine day, wang yuyan decide to learn martial arts from all her theoretical knowledge and her ranking will rocket upwards. So better end the person"s ranking at the end of novel.

I wonder if there should be a level for skillful military combatants such as Jebe and Temujin (Genghis Khan), who were clearly better known as military leaders, but did have some personal combat skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I wonder if there should be a level for skillful military combatants such as Jebe and Temujin (Genghis Khan), who were clearly better known as military leaders, but did have some personal combat skills.
    They could certainly be at around LV5 region.

While not exactly Jinyong chars, I think some even forumers have even propose levels for famous martial experts like IP Man and Huang Fei Hong. (Think they would be around Lv10)

They could certainly be at around LV5 region.

While not exactly Jinyong chars, I think some even forumers have even propose levels for famous martial experts like IP Man and Huang Fei Hong. (Think they would be around Lv10)
    I was the one who made that suggestion.