Page 58 of 98 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1941

Thread: Jinyong Character Level Ranking Chart

I think 4 "young" Greats around He Zhudao level pre LOCH/1st Huashan Duel or slighty better perhaps at end LOCH Guo Jing..
    1st Huashan Duel
    Lv 70 Wang Chongyang
    Lin Chaoying
    Lv 65 The 4 "young" Greats
    Lv 62 Qiu Qianren
    Lv 55 Lao Wantong

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    I think 4 "young" Greats around He Zhudao level pre LOCH/1st Huashan Duel or slighty better perhaps at end LOCH Guo Jing..
    1st Huashan Duel
    Lv 70 Wang Chongyang
    Lin Chaoying
    Lv 65 The 4 "young" Greats
    Lv 62 Qiu Qianren
    Lv 55 Lao Wantong
    I think this is quite reasonable. No need to include ZBT imo. For QQR, he could be much weaker than the 4 greats at this point since it was said he hadn't master the iron palms then.

That's true but Wang Chongyang invite him to Mount Hua so he's at least at Lv 60 IMHO..

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    Barring rare exception (e.g speculating Guo Xiang LV at the time of her death), this chart doesn't rate or take into account the potential of characters at all.

For WCY, there is a big paradox - it is just illogical for him to be stronger than ROCH Greats when he was alive since the greats have improved tremendously since 1st Mt Hua. ZBT comment is definitely exaggeration.
    No, he wouldn't be stronger than ROCH greats. By author intention I meant if he survived to the end of ROCH.

And it wouldn't be a paradox. ZBT's statement had context too-- "Had my martial brother had an extra 10 years of practice" (in LOCH on island). His statement to JLFW was said in anger and somewhat hyperbole (he also said JLFW can't beat HR)-- but he obviously means if WCY had continued practicing. It's not a paradox-- its a given ZBT doesn't mean WCY's level at his death.

The WCY premise is simply he would've improved more quickly relative to the Greats, with all of them starting at, say, at:

1st Huashan:
    Greats: lvl 65
    WCY: lvl 68-69

2nd Huashan (end of LOCH, author intention, not actual)
    Greats: lvl 70
    WCY: lvl 74-76

The numbers would fit.

He probably died at level 68-71

I think WCY should be rated at the time of his death instead of putting in speculation of his level at the end of ROCH, so maybe putting him at level 70 is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by played0ut View Post
    No, he wouldn't be stronger than ROCH greats. By author intention I meant if he survived to the end of ROCH.

And it wouldn't be a paradox. ZBT's statement had context too-- "Had my martial brother had an extra 10 years of practice" (in LOCH on island). His statement to JLFW was said in anger and somewhat hyperbole (he also said JLFW can't beat HR)-- but he obviously means if WCY had continued practicing. It's not a paradox-- its a given ZBT doesn't mean WCY's level at his death.

The WCY premise is simply he would've improved more quickly relative to the Greats, with all of them starting at, say, at:

1st Huashan:
    Greats: lvl 65
    WCY: lvl 68-69

2nd Huashan (end of LOCH, author intention, not actual)
    Greats: lvl 70
    WCY: lvl 74-76

The numbers would fit.

He probably died at level 68-71
    I think Lv 72 is fair for him after Yiyang Zhi and 9 Yin "lesson" coz he die not long after 1st Huashan Duel perhaps around 2 years after the tournament..

Quote Originally Posted by _Kenny_ View Post
    I think WCY should be rated at the time of his death instead of putting in speculation of his level at the end of ROCH, so maybe putting him at level 70 is reasonable.
    Agree with you..
    Lv 70 at 1st Huashan Duel
    Lv 72 when he die (after Yiyang Zhi/9 Yin Lesson)

LV 72: Wang Chong Yang (LO) – Speculation. At the time of his death (after learning Yiyang Finger).
    LV 65: The 4 LOCH Greats (LO) – Speculation of their LV at first Mt. Hua.

I will also buff "author intention WCY" to LV80 with the explaination. I feel WCY is a special case that we need to have a speculative ranking for, mainly because he is frequently compared to even after his death. People new to the chart may find it ridiculous for WCY to be rated lower than the 4 Greats otherwise.

LV 72: Wang Chong Yang (LO) – Speculation. At the time of his death (after learning Yiyang Finger).

I will also buff "author intention WCY" to LV80 with the explaination. I feel WCY is a special case that we need to have a speculative ranking for, mainly because he is frequently compared to even after his death. People new to the chart may find it ridiculous for WCY to be rated lower than the 4 Greats otherwise.
    But why Lv 80 for "potentially" Wang Chongyang🤔🤔🤔🤔

This doesn't make sense though. HYS remarked that he did not reached YG's level until he was 30. That would mean YG was around level 38 in your chart when he first meets HYS, before the GWM's advice. If I'm not mistaken the 4 Greats were around late 30s maybe possibly early 40s in the first tournament. Going from level late 30s to mid 60s is a hell of a jump within a few years. Only protagonists would have that kind of jump and it's more of lucky encounters for them such as finding some manual, visiting a sword demon's tomb, etc.

I always find that comment is bizarre. Being LV40 at age 30 is kind of unimpressive, especially someone of HYS's calibre/talent.

I believe you can find many characters with way higher LVs at age 30 (e.g. Murong Fu?), or many 'minor' characters who is at LV40 at age 30.

Either way, even if he is indeed LV40 at age 30, it is not impossible that he progressed rapidly after that. Progression doesn't have to be linear.

I always find that comment is bizarre. Being LV40 at age 30 is kind of unimpressive, especially someone of HYS's calibre/talent.

I believe you can find many characters with way higher LVs at age 30 (e.g. Murong Fu?), or many 'minor' characters who is at LV40 at age 30.

Either way, even if he is indeed LV40 at age 30, it is not impossible that he progressed rapidly after that. Progression doesn't have to be linear.
    Yeahhh even pre Bixie Yue Buqun "stronger" than Huang Laoxie at his age😛😛😛😛
    I think in terms of inner strenght Yang Guo at that time "comparable" to himself at age 30s but in external art Huang's is better

Yeahhh even pre Bixie Yue Buqun "stronger" than Huang Laoxie at his age😛😛😛😛
    I think in terms of inner strenght Yang Guo at that time "comparable" to himself at age 30s but in external art Huang's is better
    I think Yue Buqun is in his late 40s though.

I think Yue Buqun is in his late 40s though.
    Perhaps around 43-45 years old🤔🤔🤔🤔

Perhaps around 43-45 years old🤔🤔🤔🤔
    He should be a fair bit older than that.

LHC credits him as a father figure, and LHC was already in his mid 20s at the start of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    He should be a fair bit older than that.

LHC credits him as a father figure, and LHC was already in his mid 20s at the start of the series.
    Ahhh yeah you're right age 47 to 50 is "fair" for Mister Yue..

Minor updates from other thread!

1. Buff Duan Zheng Chun from 45 to 50.
    2. Buff Duan Zheng Ming from 65 to 66.

Question: Out of DYQ, DCQ, MRF and YTZ, what do you think is the ranking in terms of internal?

Duan Zhengchun at Lv 50 well I don't think he's "deserve" at this level I mean I don't think he is in the same class with Eagle/Lion King tough he have Yiyang Finger..

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    Debate this

Xiao Feng < MRF (60) + YTZ (60)

Zhang Wuji > XM Elders (60 + 60)

If XF is 80 then ZWJ is also at least 80.
    FYI..
    In terms of internal strenght You Tanzhi has comparable with Duan Yu since We all know Xiao Feng < Duan Yu in "internal" this occur even before Duan Yu suck Jiumozhi internal
    In terms of "technique" Murong Fu also comparable or slighty weaker than Xiao Feng
    WHILE The Xuanming Duo was far far away from Wuji at internal/external art

if Hu Yi Dao is lv35, then Miao Renfeng would be around lv40 at end of XSFH , Hu Fei around the same level with Miao Renfeng.
    Young Hu Fei (in young fox novel) is about lv20