Page 19 of 98 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast

Thread: Jinyong Character Level Ranking Chart

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Why? HYS and YD conceded that they were slightly worse than ZBT at ROCH's end.

Actually I don't feel too comfortable with the ranking of DY/XZ, in the final chapter, I felt they were each a lot better.
    I agree there too. DY, XZ, and SPT should all be higher.

Hi all. After 1 year+, some changes were made after this thread about LOCH/ROCH greats, as well their strength compared to RWX and DFBB spark my interest.
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 09-18-09 at 06:13 AM.

Why is HR below XLN by 5? I thought they were at least equal?
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

This one is for PJ.

Where do you think Five Thousand Arm, Hundred Thousand Head Serpent Liu An would rank in this chart?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Oops I just realized a huge part of it got cut off during my last edit, I've placed them back.

XLN, after learning the left right technique is stronger than HR... In fact, I'm thinking of moving her even higher...
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 09-08-09 at 09:15 AM.

I say with Left-Right technique, XLN is as near tier Great as you can get without being great..or hell..might as well be a Great...at the least pre 16 year great.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventinus View Post
    I say with Left-Right technique, XLN is as near tier Great as you can get without being great..or hell..might as well be a Great...at the least pre 16 year great.
    She defeated the Golden Wheel Monk, but it's been mooted that he *could* have beaten her if only he had fought intelligently rather than stupidly (as usual). Put her up against East Heretic Wong Yerk See and I don't think she wins.

Sorry for not reading the entire thread, but looking at your updated ranking, the Yellow Dress Girl that was descendant of YG and XLN wasn't on your list. Where would you rank her?

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Where do you think Five Thousand Arm, Hundred Thousand Head Serpent Liu An would rank in this chart?
    A bit hard to say, considering that his father was worlds apart from the typical martial artist in his era in many ways. But from what we're told, Liu An had reached a level that could be considered the zenith/acme of perfection in the field of unorthodox energy manipulation. I believe he could be a contender for the inventor of the more orthodox Shifting North Star technique -- Mr. Murong Longcheng.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted View Post
    Sorry for not reading the entire thread, but looking at your updated ranking, the Yellow Dress Girl that was descendant of YG and XLN wasn't on your list. Where would you rank her?
    i would rank her with the greats. i think she is more powerful than the whimpy ZWJ. LXN should be around the greats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    She defeated the Golden Wheel Monk, but it's been mooted that he *could* have beaten her if only he had fought intelligently rather than stupidly (as usual). Put her up against East Heretic Wong Yerk See and I don't think she wins.
    She might last quite a while though, as HYS had a penchant for aiming to defeat the enemy in the area where they are strongest, just as an intellectual challenge.

Yang Guo defeated QQR pre-16 years, do you think XLN can beat him?

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    Yang Guo defeated QQR pre-16 years, do you think XLN can beat him?
    QQR was surprised by YG's heavy sword technique, which defied martial arts norms, and YG was savvy enough to press home this advantage. Pressing home an advantage wasn't one of XLN's strengths.

does that mean this list count both brains and brawls?

then will you count weapon's and armor as well?

if yes then HR's vest should push her up a few levels shouldn't it?

YG's sword too. the Dragon Sabra and Heavenly Sword was made out of it.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

nah Yellow girl < ZWJ.

*sigh* people randomly hating ZWJ.

If you compare martial art skills from ZWJ YG and GJ, ZWJ's skill set would be more powerful. ZWJ's just a bad fighter. Eliminate the surprises and ZWJ kicks your ***.

Quote Originally Posted by person135 View Post
    nah Yellow girl < ZWJ.

*sigh* people randomly hating ZWJ.

If you compare martial art skills from ZWJ YG and GJ, ZWJ's skill set would be more powerful. ZWJ's just a bad fighter. Eliminate the surprises and ZWJ kicks your ***.
    That is changing too much isn't it? Thats like saying Yelu Qi knows Dog Beating Stick, Dragon Palms and probably 9 Yin + Quanzhen skills. Eliminate the factor of his innate talent and Yelu Qi should thrash any of the LOCH Greats because his skill set is more powerful.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Some major adjustments (18th Sep 09) from recent threads:

- LOCH/ROCH greats is adjusted to LV70/LV75. This is to fix scaling issues with the upper DGSD characters (XF). The rest are adjusted accordingly.

- XLN is moved from LV65 to LV70.

- DFBB is buffed from LV80 to LV85. XF and gang remains at 80.

- Added Pre 16 Yang Guo (with HIS) at LV72.
    - Post 16 Yang Guo (without HIS) at LV78.

Some notes:

- Character levels listed are at their MOST POWERFUL POINT IN THE NOVEL (Usually the End), unless otherwise stated. Weapons are not counted except when stated. The exception is when the character fights PRIMARILY with weapon (etc, those from XAJH)

- This Chart is targeted at 1 VS 1. Its accuracy is greatly diminish for handicap matches (1v2, 1v3) as too many factors would come into play. (Swordplay, Skills Compatibility, Formation, etc) It can still be used as a guide though.

- Level units are not "equal" throughout. For example, the difference from LV70 to LV75 is GREATER than the difference from LV30 to LV35. In RPG terms, it simply means you need more experience to progress to the next at higher levels. This is to stimulate the "plateau effect" of martial arts, and to prevent the upper tier characters from getting into ridiculous Levels.
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 09-19-09 at 11:39 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    by the way WuxiaMaster, there is already a ultimate ranking of the martial artists in the Jin Yong universe, compiled by our wuxia expert Laviathan. I have pasted the rankings below for your convenience:

Ultimate Ranking in Jin Yong Universe [by Laviathan]

1. The Nameless Old Sweeper Monk

2. Wuyazi, Child Mistress of Heavenly Mountain Tianshan Tonglao, Li Qiushui

3. Xuzhu, Shi Potian
    (Demonic Swordsman Dugu Qiubai)

4. Guo Jing, Yang Guo, Zhang Sanfeng, Zhang Wuji
    (Central Divinity Wang Chongyang, Huang Shang*A )

5. Golden Wheel Monk, Zhou Botong, Xiao Yuanshan, Murong Bo, Xiao Feng

6. Great Wheel Monk Jiumozhi, Eastern Heretic Huang Yaoshi, Southern Emperor Yideng, Western Venom Ouyang Feng, Northern Beggar Hong Qigong, Lord Long and Lord Mu of Gallant Island

7. Qiu Qianren/Ci'en, Xiaolongnü, Dongfang Bubai
    (You Tanzhi)

8. Elder Kurong, Abbot Xuanci*B , Duan Yanqing, Duan Zhengming, Abbot Benyin*C and his fellow monks, Ding Chunqiu, Su Xinghe, Murong Fu, the Three Divine Monks of Shaolin Duwei, Dujie and Dunan, Reverend Kongjian, Zhang San and Li Si of Gallant Island
    (Yang Dingtian)

9. He Zhudao, Yuanzhen/Cheng Kun, Xuanming Elders Lu Zhangke and He Biweng, Eight-Armed Swordsman Fang Dongbai, A Er, A San, Yang Xiao, Fan Yao, Abbot Kongwen*C , Kongzhi, the Two Demons of Hejian Bu Tai and Hao Mi

10. Miejue, Kongxing, the Four Guardian Lords of the Ming Cult*D , the Seven Heroes of Wudang*E , Xiaoxiangzi, Nimoxing, Yin Kexi, Huang Rong, Feng Qingyang, Abbot Fangzheng*F , Ren Woxing, Taoist Priest Chongxu*G
    (Linghu Chong, the Yellow-Dressed Lady*H )

11. The Seven Disciples of Quanzhen*I , Huang Yaoshi's disciples*J , Reverend Yideng's four disciples*K, Gongsun Zhi, Li Mochou, Daerba, Yelü Qi, Huodu, Green Furred Lion King Shi Shugang, Shi Huolong, Yue Buqun, Zuo Lengchan, Abbot Miaodi*L , Taoist Priest Yucha*M , Bai Zizai, Xie Yanke, Xiang Wentian

12. Nun Dingxian, Mister Mo Da, Priest Tianmen, Feng Buping, Mu Renqing, Yuan Chengzhi, Jiunan*N, Yüzhenzi, Priest Musang, Gui Xinshu, Huang Zhen
    (Golden Snake Swordsman Xia Xueyi)

A. Creator of the Book of Nine Negations (LOCH)
    B. Abbot of Shaolin Temple during Northern Song (DGSD)
    C. Abbot of Shaolin Temple during Yuan Dynasty (HSDS)
    D. Purple Dragon Lord Dai Yisi (Golden Flower Granny), White Eagle Lord Yin Tianzheng, Golden Lion Lord Xie Xun, Green Bat Lord Wei Yixiao
    E. The second hero Yu Lianzhou is the strongest among them, followed by Song Yuanqiao, Zhang Songxi, Zhang Cuishan (Zhang Wuji's father, most talented of the Seven Heroes), Yin Liting (excels in swordsmanship) and Mo Xinggu. Third hero Yu Daiyan has been crippled and does not belong to this ranking.
    F. Abbot of Shaolin Temple during Ming Dynasty (Smiling Proud Wanderer)
    G. Leader of Wudang in Smiling Proud Wanderer
    H. Miss Yang, (great-) granddaughter of Yang Guo and Xiaolongnü
    I. Third disciple Qiu Chuji is the best fighter, followed by Ma Yü, Liu Chuxuan, Wang Chuyi, Hao Datong with Sun Bu'er being the weakest of them all. Tan Chuduan died in LOCH as does not belong to this ranking.
    J. The Black Wind Demons Chen Yuanfeng and Mei Chaofeng are the most powerful, followed by Qu Lingfeng (Qu San), Lu Chengfeng, Wu Tianfeng (never appeared in novel) and Feng Mofeng (his martial arts skills equals those of Li Mochou, but he lacks her fighting experience).
    K. Zhu Ziliu is the most accomplished martial artist of the four, followed by Wu Santong and Diancang Yuyin. The Lumberjack only appeared in LOCH, so his martial arts progress is unknown.
    L. Abbot of Shaolin Temple in Ode to Gallantry
    M. Leader of Wudang in Ode to Gallantry
    N. Princess Changping, daughter of Ming Emperor Chongzhen
    I think Xu Zhu should be above the three xiao yao elders, since, didn't he absorb all THREE of their energies?

I thin shi po tian could be up there with sweeper monk. maybe not.

How the heck did Huang Shang get to be lower than Dugu Qiubai?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    How the heck did Huang Shang get to be lower than Dugu Qiubai?
    He always was, always will be.