Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Dong Jie - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dong Jie

Yeah the really really popular people are people like Andy Lau, Tony Leung, Chow Yun Fat, Zhang Ziyi, Gong Li, Jet Li, Jackie Chan, and etc...

but they are not that popular in this forum because in this forum people tend to prefer series more than movies.

No, but Dong Jie won Miss Lily award, though I'm not sure how prestigious that award is... Even so, I'm pretty sure she's more famous than what spcnet designates... also spcnet has more of a certain age group, the age group that tends to overlook reality dramas and the such and go for the idol/wuxia dramas...

Yup I agree, she's probably more famous outside of spcnet, but I still don't think she's super famous overall.

I loved Dong Jie in Jin Fen Shi Jia though...she was a great choice for the role, and that was a good series too. I think she way outshined Liu Yifei (which, I realize was her first series, but then again TLBB wasn't much of an improvement).
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    A picture and profile to start...

Name: Dong Jie (董洁)
    English Name: Angel
    Birthdate: 1980 (couldn't find the date)
    Height: 1.60m
    Weight: 40kg
    Hobbies: Swimming, running

Major TV Series/Movies
    Jin Fen Shi Jia (The Story of a Noble Family)
    Bai Ling Gong Yu
    Xin Fu Shi Guang (Happy Times)
    Didn't know she went by the name 'Angel'. That's new to me. But her birthday is April 19th.

Interestingly, she was an officer in the PLA before pursuing an acting career. There's nothing like a woman -- especially, such a cute one! -- in uniform.

Zhang Ziyi CSC: news, biography, gallery, filmography, forums, more...

I'll say she's definitely a cute one! What's the PLA though, btw? I'm guessing it has something to do w/ the military.

I've heard both Angel and Angela for her English name hehe...I think she used it for one of her movies (one of the ones that are sort of known internationally). But I just call her Dong Jie hehe...
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

PLA = People's Liberation Army

If I'm not mistaken, she was a Lieutenant in the Chinese army before acting in films. And yes, though she's indeed an 'angel', I prefer calling her 'Dong Jie' too.

That pic is gorgeous, Southern Crane! Thanks for posting...back in 2003 though. 2003 sounds like just yesterday but it's been such a while! I love how Dong Jie manages to look so good even in pictures without much makeup (like the one of her in PLA).

Haha somehow I still can't imagine Dong Jie being in the army, but it's amazing what backgrounds actresses come from. Like what they WOULD have done if they hadn't become an actress.

I actually didn't pay too much attention at Dong Jie the first time I saw her in Jin Fen Shi Jia, probably because I wasn't too into the series at the beginning. At first glance, I actually found Liu Yifei prettier and that was that. However, as the series progressed, her essence just really captured me. Her acting is memorable and she's just such a cute, pure, almost 'angel'-looking beauty.

Yes, a more current picture from last month's press conference for the new Hong Kong, Taiwanese TV series production of a new version of 'The Butterfly Lovers' (more info)...

Damn! She's cute!

She looks so niiice in the qipao...she totally belongs in the 1930s

Dong Jie was great in the film Xing Fu Shi Guang.

Did you guys know that she's a really good cook? Any guy'd be lucky to have her.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

there is one more title you guys forgot to mention that she played in. Tian Ruo you qing. it's really good, but it's kind of werid at the same time. it's totally different that what we would perfer in our age group, but i am 17 and i find it really really good.

I think Dong Jie's done a good job in all the films/series I've seen her in. I definitely don't have much doubt about her acting skills. Looks-wise, she's cute and pretty in her own docile way. I wonder how she got into acting...from what I've heard, it doesn't sound like she wanted to start out with an acting career.

Really, she's a good cook (unlike my cooking skills, which are limited to the microwave)? Hmm that would be a lucky guy...how old is she? 26? Any prospective partners?

I saw Dong Jie in Jin Fen Shi Jia....she did quite well! But I thought her character was kinda stupid in it, for actually marrying Chen Kun's character Jin Yan Xi....anyways, for people who don't know Jin Fen Shi Jia is a drama in which Liu Yi Fei had a SUPPORTING role, Dong Jie was the lead....Kou Zhen Hai (the dad figure in QSSYMM) was also in this as....the dad figure! (does he never choose different roles? He was the dad figure in Moment in Peking as well)
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124
    I saw Dong Jie in Jin Fen Shi Jia....she did quite well! But I thought her character was kinda stupid in it, for actually marrying Chen Kun's character Jin Yan Xi....anyways, for people who don't know Jin Fen Shi Jia is a drama in which Liu Yi Fei had a SUPPORTING role, Dong Jie was the lead....
    Yes yes Liu Yifei had a supporting role...not like her. On the other hand, it was her first role, and whe you think about it, most actresses without rich stepfathers start out with roles as extras or really small roles. There are a particular few that do start out with lead breakthrough roles, but they aren't the majority.

Dong Jie's performance in Jin Fen Shi Jia was very good - much better than Liu Yifei (her character was also more likable, I must say). The ending was sad though...really depressing. I felt so bad for Qingqiu and her failed marriage with Yanxi. You'd think they'd end up together.

Kou Zhen Hai (the dad figure in QSSYMM) was also in this as....the dad figure! (does he never choose different roles? He was the dad figure in Moment in Peking as well)
    He's pretty typecast. Same with Pan Hong. They're always the parents, and usually not super agreeable parents.

Was Pan Hong the mother in Moment in Peking?
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Was Pan Hong the mother in Moment in Peking?
    Yes. She's also done a whole lot more motherly roles. She was Zhao Wei's mom again in Thank You for Loving Me, Zhao Wei's new series.

I guess because of their age, they don't have many roles to choose from though.

some dong jie pics.

This thread is moving rather slow. :/ I've only recently took notice of Dong Jie after watching Butterfly Lovers 2007. I was instantly a fan after the serie. She did an exceptional job as Zhu Yin Tai. And I agree with some of the posters before me that she has a lot of stage presence and has this quiet charm about her that makes her very likable as an actress. I hope to see her more in ancient series. Does anyone know what upcoming projects she has lined up?

Here are two pictures I found of her that I really like.

I didn't like Dong Jie at first...I thought she was mighty annoying in "Fei Dao You Jian Fei Dao/Flying Daggers" (Chilam, Ruby Lin). I suppose I don't like the spoilt, aggressive type roles, but then that means Dong Jie must've done a great performance seeing as that was the purpose of her role.

It wasn't until recently that I saw her portray Zhu Ying Tai in Liang Zhu 07 that my opinion did a 180. Now she's my current favourite. I tend to be very picky so I rarely have acting favourites...Dong Jie has been an exception.

Interestingly, one of the most comprehensive list of her works is from a German site . (I've translated the TV series because there was only Chinese characters from the site.)

Movies:

2007 Love of Tangbula Grasslands/唐布拉之恋
    2006 Dragon Tiger Gate/龙虎门
    2004 2046
    2004 Last Love, First Love/最后的爱,最初的爱
    2003 Sky Lovers/天上的恋人
    2003 Sound of Colors/地下铁
    2000 Happy Times/幸福时光

TV Series:

2007 Liang Shan Bo Yu Zhu Ying Tai/梁山伯与祝英台...Butterfly Lovers
    2007 Huan Jun Ming Zhu/还君明珠...Returning Pearl to the Lord
    2006 Hong Yi Fang/红衣坊...Red Cloth Place
    2005 Zao Chun Er Yue/早春二月...Early Spring Second Month
    2005 Mo Hua Tian Shi/魔域天使...Monster or Angel/Tian Ruo You QingII
    2004 Tian Ruo You Qing/天若有情...If Heaven Would Love
    2003 Fei Dao Yao Jian Fei Dao/飞刀又见飞刀...Flying Dagger Sees Flying Dagger Again
    2003 San Chung Men/三重门...Three Important Doors
    2002 Jin Fen Shi Jia/金粉世家...Golden Powder Family
    2001 Bai Ling Gong Wan/白领公寓...White Collar Flat

Why do I like her? She has great screen presence despite her petite size. Her charisma allows her to play leading roles convincingly. Her quiet, slightly husky voice conveys a great depth of emotion. She has the most cutest dimpled smile!

She has an interesting attitude to 'crying scenes'...she admits she isn't one who can 'turn on the tears like a tap'. She believes that if this is done, there is no real emotion to convey because the tears have not resulted from any emotive origin. She will tend to try and work up emotion in order to produce tears. I think this very thoughtful in her attitude to acting.

In fact, if you understand Chinese, in her interviews, Dong Jie is usually very insightful and mature in her approach to acting. It truly is her profession, and not some 'quick road to fame' or 'idol' fad.

I respect her calm, quiet, and reserved attitude. She does tend to be on the shy side, but I think this is unconsciouly endearing because you see (most of her male leads at least) jump to protect her. Examples being Pan Ao Yue (Red Cloth Place) explain her need to take a taxi...heavens knows why reporters are interesting in what transport she takes...she could be riding a panda home for all I care . And Ho Yun Dong (Butterfly Lovers), who obviously saw Dong Jie was not willing for a repeat of their 'poetry game' in front of a seemingly rabid group of fans (as if that wasn't distresssing enough) and avoided by saying that competition could get quite fierce and there was no need to expose reporters to such "aggression"...smart man.

I wish I knew how to type Chinese characters properly online, because I'd love to join angeljie.net...apparently a prolific Chinese site for Dong Jie, one in which she has started threads on and have publicly thanked/referred to.

Sparky says she looks good in a Qipao...I semi-agree. The purpose of a Qipao is very form-fitting and aimed to blatantly define a woman's figure...a reflection of post-imperialism cultural rebellion. Dong Jie is a bit on the skinny side so doesn't meet the exact criteria, but, she still looks sweet in a 'smallish' kind of way. In a recent award ceremony (where she won some type of 'Honours' award) she 'attracted the eye' in a bold decision to wear a 'suit and tie' outfit. Of course the suit was styled for the female form, but did she stand out among all those typical old cocktail dresses! She was nothing but stunning, cool, and suave.

I can't wait until I can get my hands on 'Huan Jun Ming Zhu'...sneaky us.yesasia has bought rights to it prematurely, so if you don't live in North America you probably have to wait later this year until we can see it. I seriously have to move to Canada, they get everything...animation, Chinese series.

I hope Dong Jie steers away from the HK dramas. Probably not since her agency is a HK based one. She has such strong, fleshed out roles in her mainland China dramas, whereas most if not all her HK ones are miniscule and 2-D at best. Though, I didn't know what Zhang Yi Mou was aiming for when he wanted Dong Jie to lose 'more' weight for her 'Happy Times' role...she looked positively anorexic in that role.

thatīs a bit out of topic:

recently my friend of mine said dong jie and dong xuan were relatives because they have the same lastname. so i shouted at him
    Beautiful and deadly, she is a true descendant of dragon. Fighting for the forces of right and justice, she leaves a series of broken bodies and broken hearts wherever she goes.