Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dong Jie

Default Dong Jie

I realized we didn't have a thread on her here, and I recently saw her in a poll...so anyway, I decided to start a thread on her. I've only seen Dong Jie in Jin Fen Shi Jia (might ring a bell to Liu Yifei fans), but I think she's very charismatic and a talented actress. And also quite pretty in a pure, innocent sort of way.
    Last edited by Sparky; 08-23-06 at 04:06 PM.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

she was also in this series as fei dao you jian fei dao. i didn't like her as much as Ruby lin inside there (even though in general i like her better than runy lin) but she was pretty good as keke. i like her best in jing feng shi jia though. and she's starring in this movie with nicholas tse called "long hu men" (dragon tiger gate)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.gxtv.cn/ws_tvnews/UploadFiles/200506/20050606174939999.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ent.mtvtop.com/file/hyxw/2005/10/31/3114324671.jpg')

A picture and profile to start...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://people.fubusi.com/datebase/uploadimg/20059229155613231.jpg')

Name: Dong Jie (董洁)
    English Name: Angel
    Birthdate: 1980 (couldn't find the date)
    Height: 1.60m
    Weight: 40kg
    Hobbies: Swimming, running

Major TV Series/Movies
    Jin Fen Shi Jia (The Story of a Noble Family)
    Bai Ling Gong Yu
    Xin Fu Shi Guang (Happy Times)
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by invisible_dolphinbay
    she was also in this series as fei dao you jian fei dao. i didn't like her as much as Ruby lin inside there (even though in general i like her better than runy lin) but she was pretty good as keke. i like her best in jing feng shi jia though. and she's starring in this movie with nicholas tse called "long hu men" (dragon tiger gate)
    Hmm a series with Dong Jie and Ruby Lin? Never heard of it. Does it have an English title or could you give me the characters, so I can go look it up? Thanks

Has Dong Jie been up to anything lately? I haven't heard much news about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Hmm a series with Dong Jie and Ruby Lin? Never heard of it. Does it have an English title or could you give me the characters, so I can go look it up? Thanks

fei dao you jian fei dao is actually a very very awkard title so i don't think it has a formal, standard english name but those that translate it call it Flying Dagger, Again Meet Flying Dagger. there is a forum of it on spcnet.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...hlight=fei+dao

the main lead is Julian chan? not sure of his last name- he plays this guy called li huai (huai meaning bad). ruby lin plays his wife shue cai yue (yue sheng) nad Dong jie plays fang ke ke that was his first lover.

Ooh I get it now...fei dao you jian fei dao. Thanks invisible_dolphinbay...I'll go see if I can get my hands on it.

I haven't seen much of Dong Jie, but I thought her performance in Jin Fen Shi Jia was awesome. She has that appearance that really makes her look like Leng Qingqiu, and I think that brought the series alive. She was so pretty in that series...

Ooh I get it now...fei dao you jian fei dao. Thanks invisible_dolphinbay...I'll go see if I can get my hands on it.

I haven't seen much of Dong Jie, but I thought her performance in Jin Fen Shi Jia was awesome. She has that appearance that really makes her look like Leng Qingqiu, and I think that brought the series alive. She was so pretty in that series...
    i really respect dong jie as an actress becuase she was able to pull of leng qing qiu and ke ke at the same time. if you see fei dao you jian fei dao, you would know what i mean. they are two DRASTICALLY different characters, yet she seems really really believable in both. the drama is realy really good and touching by the way.

the drama is realy really good and touching by the way.
    Are you referring to Jin Fen Shi Jia or Fei Dao?

Are you referring to Jin Fen Shi Jia or Fei Dao?
    both are touching, but i was referring to fei dao. i'm actually not a ke ke lover, but i have to say her character was extremely good.my friend loves her though.somewhere towards the end of hte fei dao forum, i kind of had a long arguement with her and i defended ruby lin. one would probably think that i hate keke, but when i get into an arguement, i tend to just pull out all of hte faults of a character, (whether its true or jsut forced) but actually, keke is pretty special to me. i usually dislike diao man ren xing girls like zhing gong zhu, xiao xian nu, etc, but i relly had respect for keke. she's one of those special diao man ren xing girls.
    Last edited by invisible_dolphinbay; 08-23-06 at 03:00 PM.

She was in Dragon Tiger Gate, the movie with Nic Tse, Donny Yen, and Shawn Yue
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

both are touching, but i was referring to fei dao. i'm actually not a ke ke lover, but i have to say her character was extremely good.
    Could you tell me anything on Dong Jie's character in that series? I'm curious now, since you said she was filming it at the same time as Jin Fen Shi Jia. Funny though, having only seen her in Jin Fen Shi Jia, I can't quite imagine her in an action film/series.

Did Dragon Tiger Gate come out recently? Is there a chance I might be able to find it in the US?

Could you tell me anything on Dong Jie's character in that series? I'm curious now, since you said she was filming it at the same time as Jin Fen Shi Jia. Funny though, having only seen her in Jin Fen Shi Jia, I can't quite imagine her in an action film/series.

Did Dragon Tiger Gate come out recently? Is there a chance I might be able to find it in the US?
    this is her side of the story. when she was young, she lived in this poor family with a retarded mother (literally retarded) and a father that is really really mean. so one day, the father decided to sell keke to the prostitute house and this guy called li huai saw, and wanted to save her. he's pretty much of a **** but he has a kind heart and keke's father says that if li huai could pay 50 shillings of silver, he could buy her. then li huai gets the money (i won't go through the process.), buys keke, and tells her, she has to be strong and not cry anymore and gives her a "lucky rock" and a bunch of money that li huai got (again, I won't specify how) keke is like, "you're such a kind person, can i marry you" he says yes and forgets about her. around 7 years later, li huai is wandering around and is like "hmmmmm... its time i get myself a family. i remember there was a girl that wanted to marry me" so he goes back to find keke, who is now the richest person in the town b/c of li huai's money and she changed from a weak, gentle girl to a moody and strong lady. li huai pulls a series of pranks on her before revealing his identity and keke then falls madly in love with him (actually, she swore to marry him since she was young anyway). li huai then spends a long time with keke (a lot of things happen. lots of fights, sweet moments, etc). then becuase of keke's retarded mom, they get into a dispute before their marriage. then li huai gets angry, meets ruby lin, falls immediately in love with her, etc. This is only the romance part. i didn't get into the main plot at all. i know the way i'm describing it makes it sound ridiculous, but it actually does make sense.

Aww Dong Jie's character sounds interesting...but her life sounds pretty tragic. So is she female lead or second female lead?

Aww Dong Jie's character sounds interesting...but her life sounds pretty tragic. So is she female lead or second female lead?
    second, but she seems to have more screetime than ruby lin.
    Last edited by invisible_dolphinbay; 08-24-06 at 11:56 AM.

Well, I personally don't like Ruby Lin too much (no offense to anyone who does), but I might go see if I can rent it for Dong Jie...in the mean time, I'll rewatch Jin Fen Shi Jia...her performance was captivating in that.

Dong Jie has such a sweet look and she's got talent...too bad she's not that famous.

these are links to the opening and ending song clips

opening song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWFqLp339es

ending song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47dUEIgODrk

she was in 2046 (2004) but she wasn't a main part, and also dragon tiger gate which sugar mentioned in 2006...i saw it in hk and it wasn't that good imo.

Well, I personally don't like Ruby Lin too much (no offense to anyone who does), but I might go see if I can rent it for Dong Jie...in the mean time, I'll rewatch Jin Fen Shi Jia...her performance was captivating in that.

Dong Jie has such a sweet look and she's got talent...too bad she's not that famous.
    I think she's pretty famous in china, except just not in the international scheme of things. (Cause I know that what me and my Chinese American friends like are very different from the actual popular people in China. I'm pretty sure in China, GYY, Alyssa, Vicky, LYF, and all these people aren't as "big" as we see them in the American world. Also, it's because we mostly like a lot of idol/wu xia/romance dramas, while I know adults and other people in China would like a lot of reality ones...)

Also, she's playing in a new drama with Xie Ting Feng.

she's in dragon tiger gate with xie ting feng (aka nic tse), but i didn't like it that much.

i think that dong jie is well-known in china, but she's not that famous. like there aren't fansites dedicated to her...as for what you said about certain actresses being popular in china but not america, i think that's true. on spcnet the two most popular actresses are probably gyy and lyf, who are less popular in real life (well, lyf got more popular this year with shen diao xia lv, but she's still only made three series). plus, lyf, alyssa, gyy, and vicki all aren't in the international scene. the only one on the int'l scene is zhang ziyi, but because she's known in the western world, people in china don't like her as much.

Well, Dong Jie was in 2046, which was basically all famous actors/actresses, so I think if she's famous enough in China to land that role...well, she's probably pretty popular.

I actually heard something about how her company isn't letting her make any more series because of her attitude or something...probably just a rumour. Dong Jie just looks like the sweet type.