Quote Originally Posted by Southern Crane
That's like saying a woman 'deserves' to be raped or is 'asking for it' because of the way she dresses. No matter how you look at it, there is no justification for shooting Gillian in private while she's dressing.

And of course, the motivation for publishing the pictures is money. But if people weren't buying these tabloids, there'd be neither a market nor a reason for shooting and publishing them in the first place.
I think you're putting words in my mouth lol; I never tried to justify the Gillian or Carina incident, it's evidently wrong. HOWEVER, there's a deeper reason behind the whole thing as to why people would want to buy them in the first place. They don't just suddenly decide out of the blue, "Yes, I've become so peverted! Let's go buy some magazines!"

As for the dressing thing, of course, while there is never a justification for rape, there are preventative measures a woman can take. Dressing indecently in a dark alley of a dangerous neighbourhood at 4 a.m. is pretty much asking for trouble I think. Sure, if she gets raped, she obviously doesn't deserve it, but one does have the right to question her judgement.