Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coincidentally

Default Coincidentally

I heard this series was highly recommended. But so far I've not seen it yet. Frankie & Annie was a perfect match in this series? What do you think of this series?
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

I enjoyed watching this series. The theme song was sung by Frankie. Annie very young looking in this series. I would really like to own the DVD set for this series. It's a comedy romance with some bittersweet moments between Frankie and Annie.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I've just ordered this series from yesasia. I hope it had a good ending? Bought it for the sake of watching Annie & Frankie.

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas
    I've just ordered this series from yesasia. I hope it had a good ending? Bought it for the sake of watching Annie & Frankie.
    Yes it has a very good ending. You'll like the surprise ending, if you call it that.

BTW, do you know if its in eng subtitle?

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Yes it has a very good ending. You'll like the surprise ending, if you call it that.

BTW, do you know if its in eng subtitle?
    Uh-oh...surprise ending huh? OK, I shall see to it. Can't wait for this series to arrive.

No, it don't have Eng subtitle.

Uh-oh...surprise ending huh? OK, I shall see to it. Can't wait for this series to arrive.

No, it don't have Eng subtitle.
    Don't worry. It's a cute surprise ending, a happy one.

Just started watching this series, it is quite scary to watch alone. Especially the part when the fierced ghost that lives in the brothel starts killing the men and only wanted Frankie.

But I enjoyed watching Frankie & Annie in this series. There are some comedy parts too not only spookiness.

I thought this series was really funny, not really scarey..well it's been a long time maybe I don't remember. The little boy is really cute though!
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

I like this series Annie and Frankie is funny and cute in here.

To me it was scary for the first few episodes when the female ghost in the brothel showed up. After that it was really funny. Frankie & Annie are cute but Annie's hairstyle don't look nice on her. The rest of the female casts looked great. Yes, the little boy was cute and his story was touching too. Kristy Yang's character in this series is too weak and soft spoken.

To me it was scary for the first few episodes when the female ghost in the brothel showed up. After that it was really funny.
    Agree. Just survive through the first few episodes and there'll be nothing to fear thereafter. Don't like Kristy's role in it (although I dislike her role more in My Date with the Vampire).
    Last edited by BearBearNweather; 09-05-06 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BearBearNweather
    Agree. Just survive through the first few episodes and there'll be nothing to fear thereafter. Don't like Kristy's role in it (although I dislike her role more in My Date with the Vampire).
    Geez...talking about Kristy's character in this series, she was getting to my nerves when she was so stubborn and didn't want to give up on Frankie's fate with her. I think it was in episode 20 or 21, it was so boring! She keeps saying she MUST see Frankie appear to her then only she will only move on with her life. And the poor Mom-in-law was suffering from the evil David.

This is my first time watching Kristy, does she always talk like that? Kinda soft-spoken. She is pretty but just her character.

Geez...talking about Kristy's character in this series, she was getting to my nerves when she was so stubborn and didn't want to give up on Frankie's fate with her. I think it was in episode 20 or 21, it was so boring! She keeps saying she MUST see Frankie appear to her then only she will only move on with her life. And the poor Mom-in-law was suffering from the evil David.

This is my first time watching Kristy, does she always talk like that? Kinda soft-spoken. She is pretty but just her character.
    I hate every role Kristy takes on because there all so similiar! She's also a third wheel in My Date with a Vampire and a third wheel in the Snow is Red. Although she's only less annoying in Snow is Red because Alice Chan's role is more annoying than hers. If you switched Kristy and Alice's role, we'll see that Kristy is still annoying-er!

kristy roles are too similar but then she is good to look at and her characters are likable. so i don't really have a problem with her.

i remember this film, i loved the lady tat was the owner of the brothel, she was onlso in Maggical Crane as the girl in the guy clothing.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    i remember this film, i loved the lady tat was the owner of the brothel, she was onlso in Maggical Crane as the girl in the guy clothing.
    Yes, the Mama-san is very funny. She acted very well in this series. I've also seen her in Fated Love but her character was entirely different.

she was in the 91 version of the Yang Family as Mui KwaiYing??

i liked her as she looked very tall and warrior like. she was extreamly stubborn and cottled her son way too much. but her and Norman the actor tat played her husband fitted so well.

she was also in the Swordsman with Kristy and Damian Lau. she had a sad ending and wasn't a very nice person to start with.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Who is the actress that had the "son"? She is very elegant and I love all her dresses in this series.

I also noticed that Alice Chan Wai who played the fierced ghost, she resembles a little like Anita Mui. But she does looked scary tho. She is also Miss Asia 1996.

Who is the actress that had the "son"? She is very elegant and I love all her dresses in this series.

I also noticed that Alice Chan Wai who played the fierced ghost, she resembles a little like Anita Mui. But she does looked scary tho. She is also Miss Asia 1996.

I don't remember what she looks like. Could you possibly post a screen capture of her?

bubcas, I believe you might be referring to Wong Mei. Think that is her name ^___^ She was the mother of the ghost boy and was considered as the prettiest and most popular in the brothel right?

Agree on Alice Chan looking a little like Anita Miu. If you watch A Dream Named Desire 2, she actually plays a character similiar to Anita. Pretty interesting to see that cause its like seeing the younger version of Anita.

Anyways though, back to Coincidentally!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Quote Originally Posted by goddessofhonour
    bubcas, I believe you might be referring to Wong Mei. Think that is her name ^___^ She was the mother of the ghost boy and was considered as the prettiest and most popular in the brothel right?

Agree on Alice Chan looking a little like Anita Miu. If you watch A Dream Named Desire 2, she actually plays a character similiar to Anita. Pretty interesting to see that cause its like seeing the younger version of Anita.

Anyways though, back to Coincidentally!
    Hi goddess! Long time no speak.

Finally I get to watch Coincidentally after all these years. Yes, she is the mother of the ghost boy. I like to watch her with the guy who is the egg tart boss. He is funny when he tried to chase after her. Sadly, this actor passed away last year. He is a good actor.

Oh really?? Alice Chan played A Dream Named Desire 2. I did not watch this series. But I saw she also played in a few other movies as a ghost. I have to say she acted well as a ghost too.