View Poll Results: Most tragic JY couple?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • YangKang & Mu NianCi (LOCH)

24 16.22%
  • XiaoFeng & Ah Zhu (DGSD)

87 58.78%
  • YangGuo & XiaoLongNu (ROCH)

14 9.46%
  • Zhang CuiShan & Yin SuSu (HSDS)

26 17.57%
  • YangXiao & Ji XiaoFu (HSDS)

6 4.05%
  • Lin PingZhi & Yue LingShan (SOD)

12 8.11%
  • DingDian & Ling XiangHua (Link City)

17 11.49%
  • Xia XueYi & WenYi (Crimson Sabre)

9 6.08%
  • Chen JiaLuo & Princess Fragrance (B&S)

3 2.03%
  • Hu YiDao & his wife (Flying Fox)

7 4.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Most tragic JY couple

Originally posted by flyingfox2002
    QF was just an idiot in general. She lacks common sense and her level of thinking was juvenile. It boggles the mind how stupid she is when you read the novel.

She deserved to die and I am glad she died the way she did, saving the husband.
    She herself nicknamed Di Yun 'kong xin cai' as she felt that he was a frank person with no hidden agenda, but she still suspected him of all those misdeeds...... did she really love him at all? I feel that she did too little to save him from being jailed.

Another thing is that I don't understand how all eight of Wan Zhenshan's disciples fell in love with her! Is she that stunning???

Originally posted by junzi
    She herself nicknamed Di Yun 'kong xin cai' as she felt that he was a frank person with no hidden agenda, but she still suspected him of all those misdeeds...... did she really love him at all? I feel that she did too little to save him from being jailed.

Another thing is that I don't understand how all eight of Wan Zhenshan's disciples fell in love with her! Is she that stunning???
    None of the 8 (not even the husband) truly loved her. They just wanted her body. It's pure lust. She doesn't deserve anyone to love her as Di Yun did anyway, so she got what she deserved at the end.

She is so damn stupid and lacks such basic common sense that you just wish 1000 deaths upon her as you read the novel.
    This account is retired.

How did she die anyway?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Hey, just a thought, what about Chen Jialuo and Huo Qingtong? Quite sad too...
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout, here is my handle and here is my spout. When you hear me burn and hear me shout, then take me off and pour me out.

They first met at some flower exhibition. Ding Dian was told that she was some local official's daughter. Then later Ding Dian went to her house and waited outside, then finally Shuanghua's maid came and asked him when he was leaving......

After that, Shuanghua would put a pot of flowers on her windowsill and look at Ding Dian from behind a curtain daily.

Then Shuanghua's dad Lord Ling wanted Ding Dian to give him the Lian Cheng Jian Fa, but he refused so he was thrown into prison with Di Yun and beaten on every 15th of the month.

(SH slashed her face when her father wanted to force her to marry someone else.)

Di Yun noticed that DD looked lovingly at a tower window (I think) where a different pot of flowers was displayed daily (Shuanghua was locked up here I think). Then one day the pot of flowers were not changed, and they withered away.

So DD knew that SH had died and broke out of prison with Di Yun. They found no one in the tower so they rushed to the Ling residence, where they saw SH's coffin and DD hugged it and cried.

The crafty Lord Ling had spread poison over the coffin, so Ding Dian got poisoned and later died.

Later Di Yun poured DD's ashes into SH's coffin, and to his horror realised that SH was not dead when she was put into the coffin.
    Thank you junzi for the excellent summary. It is very sad indeed. How about I write up a short summary of Xiao Feng and Ah Zhu, and we'll compare the tragic degree of both.

(actually, I am only attempting to write a summary, because I am basing this on tv portrayal and what I have learned from various experts. PLEASE note any change made by the tv series.

---
    Xiao Feng was the unparelled hero figure of the martial world, until his Qidan(Khitan) identity was revealed at the Beggars meeting. It was there that Ah Zhu's admiration for Qiao Feng firmly formed. She saw his heroism and chivalrism, how he cut his flesh to pardon the elders who tried to expell him, and how kindly he treated Murong Fu's people.

Later, Ah Zhu disguised as a Shaolin monk in order to steal the Ji Jin Jing manualscript. Xiao Feng rescued her from Shaolin attacks, and he did a noble act by healing her fatal wounds with his internal energy. This was at Xiao Feng's all time low when everyone called him a Qidan dog, and at the same time Ah Zhu was the servant of the man that was believed to be Beggar Clan's enemy. Not only did Xiao Feng not mistreat Ah Zhu, he treated her with the utmost care and hospitality.

When Xiao Feng heard that Divine Doctor could save Ah Zhu, he risked his life to take Ah Zhu to the Hero's Meeting, even though he knew everyone was there to kill him. But he put Ah Zhu's health before his life. Then they were separated when Xiao Feng was rescued by his father.

When Xiao Feng finally met Ah Zhu, she told him she waited for him for 7 days and 7 nights in the woods. She provided great companionship to XF. She was the only person who saw through his heart (Duan Yu kinda did too, but he is out of scope).

At this point Xiao Feng was still obsessed with revenge, and he aimed to find out the identity of the Big Brother that killed his family. This ultimately led Xiao Feng to believe that Ah Zhu's father, a righteous leader, was Big Brother. Ah Zhu had just found out who his real father was, and now she knew either her father or the love of her life would die in their duel. On the night that XF was meeting her father, Ah Zhu hid her tears and attempted one last time to pursuade Xiao Feng to put his past away and live a happy life with her somewhere far away; but Xiao Feng could not. So Ah Zhu disguised as her father and took a fatal blow from XF. After he realized whom he had hurt--the one person that he had in this world that believed in him, Xiao Feng could do no more than re-creating a perfect world of them living together just moments before Ah Zhu died. Xiao Feng then burried Ah Zhu with his hands. Then to his shock, he found out that Ah Zhu's father was NOT Big Brother! Xiao Feng had sacrificed his true love for NOTHING.
    Last edited by PJ; 09-06-03 at 03:36 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

And I think the formula Xiao Feng = Tragedy has been imprinted in everyone's mind. We could say that Ah Zhu = Tragedy too; so when we add the two together as a couple, we get triple tragedy
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Cool

I would go for Ding Dian - somehow his story impressed me as a real romantic love and true self sacrifice.

Xiu Feng and Ah Zhu is probably the second choice but the latter was a bit too hasty in my opinion.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Originally posted by Myztrice
    It's sad for Huo Qingtong but never for Chen Jialuo. I don't think he ever truly loved Huo Qingtong in that way before.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Originally posted by Guo Xiang
    How did she die anyway?
    You're talking about QF right?

If so, DY locked her husband behind some wall and they werer goign to run off, when suddenly, she went back to free her husband. Her husband stabbed her in the stomach and ran away. DY returned and she told him to take care off her daughter.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Originally posted by charbydis

If so, DY locked her husband behind some wall and they werer goign to run off, when suddenly, she went back to free her husband. Her husband stabbed her in the stomach and ran away. DY returned and she told him to take care off her daughter.
    I don't think QF's husband was 'locked' behind some wall...... I think DY put him (and QF's father-in-law) into a false wall and bricked up the opening.

I think Cheng Lingsu and Hu Fei are quite a sad couple too (even though they can't be considered a real couple because it was one-sided). Even though Hu Fei never loved Lingsu, she still loved him and sacrificed her life for him.

So sad.

Originally posted by charbydis

A lil more elaboration. Wan Gui and his dad were about to kill QF and the daughter when DY saved them and stuff the son and dad in the wall. QF also knew at that point that her father in law had killed her dad (although he didn’t die but she didn’t know that). She also knew WG had framed DY. Anyhoo, she is so stupid she doesn’t realize when the pressure points unseal by themselves, they would have escape anyway, so she goes back to let the husband kill her. It would have been funny, except for poor DY. She really screwed DY over. Even stuck a kid with him before she croaks.

Maybe having a pretty but stupid and untrusting gf is bad eh?

QF sucks. I say again. She and GF are the two most useless characters in JY universe. And Chan Ga Lok from Book and the Sword too. Too hell with them 3.
    This account is retired.

Now that I know half of DGSD, Xiao Feng and Ah Zhu's relationship is pretty darn sad...
    A chart of the JY character network
    http://novelasia.com/uploads/post/53458.jpg

i thought the main character couple from LInked Cities were pretty sad...but next in line...i would say XF and ah zhu...he killed her!!

40 votes on XF and AZ, how much proof do we need?! They are official.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Cool More Tragic Option

Hey, you gys forgot GuoJing and HuangRong! Why? [My forced answers. ]
    1. Guo family name gone; Guo Polo died.
    2. GuoJing's students suck and one of his daughter sucks as well.
    3. GuoJing only prevented Mongolians from entering China; however, after his death, the Mongols arrived ---> GuoJing's effort is useless.
    4. GouJing's/HuangRong's plan of inheritance (HSDS) ---> Zhou Xirou (ZZR) and she is wicked (HSDS2003 facial style).
    -
    That's all for now.

They at least got each others until their 60s, that's better at least.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

yes...better off than couples who barely got to spend time w/ each other

I voted for Xiao Feng and Ah Zhu, looked at the total votes, and realized that my vote was just a drop in the bucket of the majority. My second vote would probably have been for Yang Xiao and Ji Xiao Fu. Of course I haven't seen "Link City" or some of the other series on the pole yet.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I think Ding Dian and Ling Xuang Hua is the most tragic couple.

Xiao Feng/Ah Zhu is also pretty tragic, but it's all due to Ah Zhu's bad judgement.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I think XF and AH Zhu is of course tragic but other than that I think Lin Pingzhi and Yue lingshang, at first Lin Pingzhi was actually a really nice guy...

damnit just finished dled linked cities, and there will be tragedy to main characters ?!! better not, hate that