Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wang Yuyan - third compared to Princess Fragrance & Xiao Longnu in terms of beauty?

Post Wang Yuyan - third compared to Princess Fragrance & Xiao Longnu in terms of beauty?

Princess Fragrance and Xiao Longnu are two of the most beautiful woman in the Jin Yong world.

How would Wang Yuyan fare?

Wang Yuyan - third compared to Princess Fragrance & Xiao Longnu in terms of beauty?
    ..ext88

I think Chen Yuan Yuan also...(Yes she's old) but I still remember the description of when We Xiao Bao saw her. Totally mesmerized. She must be godly beautiful if she's 10 years younger.

She ages. Unlike little dragon.

And judging from adaptations, Xiao Long Nu = Wang Yu Yan.

She used the knowledge she had to rediscover TSTL's kungfu, improved it with kung fu from all other sects and became the baby XLN.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor
    She ages. Unlike little dragon.

And judging from adaptations, Xiao Long Nu = Wang Yu Yan.

She used the knowledge she had to rediscover TSTL's kungfu, improved it with kung fu from all other sects and became the baby XLN.
    I feel XLN's description in the book is more beautiful than WYY's.

Well, if you are looking at the adaptations, then of course XLN=WYY because the 2 latest ROCH and DGSD both had the same actress!
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie

Well, if you are looking at the adaptations, then of course XLN=WYY because the 2 latest ROCH and DGSD both had the same actress!
    And LYF can prob play Princess XX as well......
    Still searching for my GuGu

Actually, it's 3.

80's WYY and XLN - Idy Chan
    90's WYY and XLN - Carmen Lee
    00's WYY and XLN - Liu Yi Fei.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Actually, it's 3.

And thus, we can scientifically conclude WYY = XLN.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster
    I think Chen Yuan Yuan also...(Yes she's old) but I still remember the description of when We Xiao Bao saw her. Totally mesmerized. She must be godly beautiful if she's 10 years younger.
    From what I hear, Princess Fragrance is first, SLL is second (barely ahead of WYY), WYY is third...4th and 5th I thought would be Chen Yuan Yuan and Purple Robe Dragon King respectively.

Princess Fragrance was able to stop an entire army cold with her looks.

Little Dragon Girl inspired the complete obssession of at least four men (Yeung Gor, Wan Tze Ping, Gung Sheun Tze, Fok Do), and even those who were not madly in love/lust with her admired her beauty.

Wong Yu Yin had one stalker (Deun Yu) and a male cousin (Mo Yung F'uk) who didn't seem to give a crap about her despite her utter devotion to him.

Something tells me that while Wong Yu Yin was definitely good looking, she was outclassed in this department by Princess Fragrance and Little Dragon Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng

Little Dragon Girl inspired the complete obssession of at least four men (Yeung Gor, Wan Tze Ping, Gung Sheun Tze, Fok Do), and even those who were not madly in love/lust with her admired her beauty.
    How did Central Mischief Chow Ba Thung treat Little Dragon Girl in the novel? Based on ROCH83, even he had a liking of this beauty. Did he feel comfortable around her, or is he in love with her abilities: bees control, sleeping on rope, able to draw a square with one hand and circle on the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    How did Central Mischief Chow Ba Thung treat Little Dragon Girl in the novel? Based on ROCH83, even he had a liking of this beauty. Did he feel comfortable around her, or is he in love with her abilities: bees control, sleeping on rope, able to draw a square with one hand and circle on the other?
    I got the impression that he has no romantic interest in her whatsoever, but he does like the nifty tricks she can do and that she's less obviously abrasive than other women that he's known (i.e. Wong Yung, Ying Goo). Perversely, perhaps, Little Dragon Girl annoys me more than Wong Yung and Ying Goo put together.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Actually, it's 3.

Can we apply the appearance deterioration theory to TV adaptations just like the martial arts deterioration theory in Wuxia? I think Idy is the best looking lady, Carmen looks decent, and LYF's looks are a dime a dozen. I don't want to sound arrogant but in college, I could easily have gotten chicks that look like LYF and in my opinon, she doesn't come anywhere close to what I imagine XLN would look like.

lol, I actually feel it's the other way around. The farther we go back, the uglier. Besides, JY did say that LYF is the "closest" to the XLN he has in mind.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

lol, I actually feel it's the other way around. The farther we go back, the uglier. Besides, JY did say that LYF is the "closest" to the XLN he has in mind.
    What the heck? I just read this week a recent review of Andy Lau's ROCH adaptation and it was specifically mentioned that JY thinks that Idy is the best XLN ever. I guess JY just kisses the butt of whoever is working in one of his adaptations. It's too bad that we didn't go to college together, I could have easily hooked you up with a Liu Yi Fei level chick.

Jin Yong specifically wanted Liu Yi Fei to play Xiao Long Nu. Also, that 'Idy = best XLN' comment was quite long ago, before TLBB04 was made. At that time, I don't think he knows who Liu Yi Fei is.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    What the heck? I just read this week a recent review of Andy Lau's ROCH adaptation and it was specifically mentioned that JY thinks that Idy is the best XLN ever. I guess JY just kisses the butt of whoever is working in one of his adaptations. It's too bad that we didn't go to college together, I could have easily hooked you up with a Liu Yi Fei level chick.
    Yes, you are correct. Idy is the BEST XLN. In other words that she ACTED the closest and best to the XLN JY intended.

But LYF was said by JY to be the CLOSEST XLN. In other words, LYF is closest to the IMAGE of XLN in his mind.

lol, I actually feel it's the other way around. The farther we go back, the uglier.
    Idy Chan? Ugly? You must be slapped with a wet fish!

*Readies wet fish*

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Idy Chan? Ugly? You must be slapped with a wet fish!

*Readies wet fish*
    Ok, not ugly. I meant.... not as pretty. I can't find the right word for this...

I suppose beauty standards back then and now are different. We can't say women back then are ugly compared to today. Idy was considered very beautiful back then as XLN.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I suppose beauty standards back then and now are different. We can't say women back then are ugly compared to today. Idy was considered very beautiful back then as XLN.
    That sounds like the young generation looks better than the older ones.