Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Iryu - [Team Medical Dragon]

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Iryu2pressconference.jpg')

From left to right: Abe Sadayo, Otsuka Nene, Koike Teppei, Sakaguchi Kenji, Uchida Yuki, Sasaki Kuranosuke, Mizukawa Asami

The press conference for Iryu Team Medical Dragon 2, the sequel to the drama that made waves when broadcast last April, was held in Tokyo today, graced by a star-studded main cast that included Sakaguchi Kenji, Uchida Yuki, Koike Teppei, Abe Sadayo, Mizukawa Asami, Otsuka Nene, Sasaki Kuranosuke.

Sakaguchi stars as the genius heart surgeon, Asada Ryutaro. The first series illustrated Asada's struggle against an authoritarian university hospital, and the successful Batista operation - a highly difficult heart surgery - his "Team Dragon" pulled off. This work unfolds around the theme "lives vs money" and sees the addition of new member(s) to the reunited team.

Sakaguchi, who reprises his role as Asada after a one and a half year break says, "I can do this sequel because fans said they want to see Iryu again. I'm grateful for it. Asada tends to be the sort who conceals his feelings but in this sequel we want to show a little human touch and kindness." When asked for the highlight of the drama Sakaguchi confidently replied, "It's still the operation scenes. There'll be an expert to give medical guidance just like in the earlier series so it'll be handled perfectly." The sense of speed in the operation scenes in the drama are achieved through exclusive scripts, detailed explanations from experts, and countless rehearsals to go through the motions of performing a surgical operation, before the actual scene is finally shot. In part 1, an hour long operation scene took 10 days and required a considerable degree of concentration and endurance.

On the other hand, Uchida Yuki, who stars as medical journalist Kataoka Kazumi, enthusiastically says, "I'm honoured to act in this production because I'm a fan of the previous series. My character is a smart woman with depth and I would like to portray that." Otsuka Nene, who will play an anesthetist, also professes to be a fan of Iryu. "It's a high quality drama that resonates with people's hearts."

Iryu 2 starts on 11 October.

Links to other photos from the press conference: http://mainichi.jp/enta/mantan/graph/manga/20071001/
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 10-02-07 at 12:17 AM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/lifeormoney.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Iryu2-1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Iryu2HP.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Iryu_chart.jpg')

Asada Ryutaro (35)

Formerly a brilliant surgeon who led the best medical team in MSAP. He was invited by Dr Kato Akira to join Meishin University Medical Hospital. While struggling against the authoritarian hospital system with professors at the top, he saved patients, formed Team Dragon and successfully pulled off a Batista operation, a heart surgery that required a high level of skills. After that, he returned once again to the refugee camps but decided to come back to Japan after receiving an anonymous (e)mail.

Ijyuuin Noboru (28)
    A doctor at Meishin University Medical Hospital's Cardiac Surgery department. He met Asada when he was a medical intern and was half-forced to join Team Dragon. He initially resisted but was gradually influenced by Asada, and steadily matured.

Satohara Miki (27)
    A gifted nurse who has more outstanding medical knowledge and skills than an ordinary doctor. She worked alongside Asada at Kita Nihon University and MSAP, and joined Team Dragon at Meishin University Medical Hospital. She is deeply attached to Asada but after the team broke up, she decided to remain at Meishin.

Arase Monji (36)
    An anesthetist at Meishin University Medical Hospital. A genius anesthetist, he flawlessly managed patients' conditions during surgery. However, he lost sight of his goal after Team Dragon was disbanded.

Fujiyoshi Keisuke (40)
    A clinician at Meishin University Medical Hospital's Cardiovascular Medicine department with topnotch skills. He transferred to the hospital in Fukuoka after Team Dragon broke up but like Asada, returns to Meishin due to that (e)mail. However, there is one more reason for Fujiyoshi's return ... ...

Kataoka Kazumi (30)
    Medical journalist. She met with an accident in front of Meishin University Medical Hospital and was taken to the hospital in critical condition. Her heart had practically stopped but she was miraculously saved by Asada's "hands of God." Impressed by his skills, and in appreciation for saving her life, she persuades Noguchi that Asada must perform the Batista operation on a high risk patient who is 7 months pregnant.

Kirishima Gunji (41)
    Formerly Asada's rival when he was in Kita Nihon University. He had the ability to surpass Asada. Professor Noguchi invited Kirishima to Meishin University Medical Hospital as an opposing candidate in the fight for professorship. After the defeat, Kirishima left for America and became a visiting professor at Columbia University.

Kitou Shoko (47)
    Kitou quickly had high regard for Asada's surgical skills because she was the professor in charge of Meishin University Medical Hospital ER department. After the success of the Batista operation, she invited Asada to transfer to the hospital's ER department but was rejected. She eventually left the university hospital and became an emeritus professor at Chicago University.

Noguchi Takeo (61)
    Once Professor of Meishin University Medical Hospital's Cardiac Surgery department, he was defeated and consequently lost his standing in his bid to let Kirishima step into his shoes while he made an attempt for the president's position. However, he has authority over the personnel issues of all medical department members and comes back as the head of Risk Management in order to rebuild Meishin.

Kihara Takehiko (37)
    A doctor at Meishin University Medical Hospital's Cardiac Surgery department. He is a sycophant who typically spends his days reading the professor's expressions. He is envious that his junior, Ijyuuin, was chosen to be a member of Team Dragon.

Iryu 2 Press Conference: http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=DlVHAyOwpAc

hm.. no doctor Kato? I love Uchida Yuki since Big Wings .. can't hardly wait...
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    hm.. no doctor Kato? I love Uchida Yuki since Big Wings .. can't hardly wait...
    Nope, it doesn't seem that Inamori Izumi will be returning to the series.

Ep1 Trailer Synopsis
    (2 h 18 min special)

click to show/hide spoilers
    Team Dragon broke up after the successful completion of Japan’s first Batista operation. Asada once again returned to being a doctor at refugee camps. The number of patients at Meishin University Medical Hospital dropped dramatically with the absence of Team Dragon. Both Kato Akira and Kirishima Gunji, who had fought the professorship battle, left. The members who remained at the hospital, Ijyuuin Noboru and Satohara Miki, not to mention non-member, Kihara Takehiko, have misgivings about the hospital’s management. At that moment, Team Dragon members receive an anonymous email appealing for Meishin’s reorganisation and the team’s reunion. However, Asada is in America, Fujiyoshi is working at a local hospital, Arase is at Meishin but has no drive, and Ijyuuin has doubts about the reunion.

At around the same time, Team Dragon’s old nemesis, Professor Noguchi Takeo returns as the hospital’s Head of Risk Management – with authority over the personnel issues of all medical departments – in order to restructure Meishin. Ijyuuin feels that the reunion is increasingly becoming nothing more than a dream. But Professor Noguchi demotes Professor Egami Akira, who had tried to remove Ijyuuin from Meishin, to an affiliated hospital.

Then, Kataoka Kazumi, who sustained critical injuries from a hit-and-run accident near Meishin, is taken to the hospital’s ER. The ER doctors have been unmotivated since Professor Kitou Shoko left for America and are about to give up on Kataoka when Asada suddenly appears and saves her life. To draw the nation’s attention to Meishin University Medical Hospital’s medical treatment standards, Professor Noguchi suggests a public surgery (a live broadcast of the performance of a surgical operation while questions are taken from the audience of doctors gathered there) to Asada. 

The team’s reunion isn’t a dream. Fujiyoshi also appears before a delighted Ijyuuin and other former members. He has come to place the surgery of Togashi Yukari, a patient with an enlarged heart who had sought his help, in Team Dragon’s hands. As Yukari is seven months pregnant, hospitals had rejected the possibility of her undergoing surgery if she doesn’t give up her baby. However, she absolutely won’t give up a child she had finally conceived after a long period of fertility treatment, and she and her husband, Tsuyoshi, refuse to abort the fetus. Fujiyoshi thinks Asada is the only person capable of performing this operation.

There is no reason for Professor Noguchi to approve this risky operation but Kataoka, who had escaped death because of Asada, persuades Professor Noguchi otherwise.  

Yukari awaits Team Dragon’s surgery at Hokuyou Hospital. In the meantime, the date for the public surgery is decided. However, on the eve of the scheduled surgery date, Yukari’s condition abruptly changes. They won’t make it if the public surgery and Yukari’s are held at the same time. Either surgery would be impossible to perform without Asada as the surgeon. Caught in a desperate situation, Asada calls Arase, and promises Fujiyoshi and the rest that he will wrap up the public surgery in 45 minutes and return to Yukari’s side but … …
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 10-19-07 at 10:18 PM.

What? Kirishima is 41 while Ryuutaro is only 35? I didn't think they vary that much in age but apparently they do.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    What? Kirishima is 41 while Ryuutaro is only 35? I didn't think they vary that much in age but apparently they do.
    Yeah, I was under the impression they were both around the same age and in their mid-thirties too. I'm glad most of the main cast will be returning. I wonder if they will have an explanation for Dr. Kato's absence?

Jade, did you translate that correlation chart?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Yeah, I was under the impression they were both around the same age and in their mid-thirties too. I'm glad most of the main cast will be returning. I wonder if they will have an explanation for Dr. Kato's absence?

Jade, did you translate that correlation chart?
    Me too. The age gap of six years between the two men in the drama actually reflects their age difference in real life although I don't think the scriptwriter intentionally incorporated it. Perhaps the perceived rivalry between the two men makes more sense seeing how Kirishima's ego spurred him to do everything in his power to make sure Asada didn't become an upstart at Kita Nihon or surpass him to be the first person to perform a successful Batista operation in Japan.

Yup, I edited out the Japanese text and put the English translation in. Makes it easier for everyone when referring to the characters in the relationship chart. The chart should change as the drama progresses and new characters are added. According to the official website, the new characters are:

Otsuka Nene as Odaka Nanami
    Sato Jiro as Matsudaira Kotaro
    Shiga Kotaro as Zenda Hideki

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts View Post
    Me too. The age gap of six years between the two men in the drama actually reflects their age difference in real life although I don't think the scriptwriter intentionally incorporated it. Perhaps the perceived rivalry between the two men makes more sense seeing how Kirishima's ego spurred him to do everything in his power to make sure Asada didn't become an upstart at Kita Nihon or surpass him to be the first person to perform a successful Batista operation in Japan.
    Geez, Ryuutaro (the actor who plays him) is just 32 and Kirishima (and his actor) is only 38. Can't believe they made Kirishima out to be a 41 year old. He doesn't look that forty-ish in real life with his hair NOT covering his forehead as Iryu 1 has it.

Teppei hardly looks 28.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Frankly, that was a far cry from the kind of behavior I expect from him..he seems like a really nice guy...
    I finally had time to watch the clip of the Iryu 2 press conference and Sakaguchi Kenji wasn't aloof. He was making a swipe at Sawajiri Erika, whose nonchalant attitude and trite replies of "betsu ni" at a pr event for her movie, Closed Note, earlier that week was widely criticised, by mimicking her and in the process sent the audience present at the press conference into gales of laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Geez, Ryuutaro (the actor who plays him) is just 32 and Kirishima (and his actor) is only 38. Can't believe they made Kirishima out to be a 41 year old. He doesn't look that forty-ish in real life with his hair NOT covering his forehead as Iryu 1 has it.
    Yep. Interestingly, Kitamura Kazuki, who acts as Kirishima here, also appears as a main character in Galileo but his character's age is 36. That's definitely more believable.

Frankly, that was a far cry from the kind of behavior I expect from him..he seems like a really nice guy...
    I finally had time to watch the clip of the Iryu 2 press conference and Sakaguchi Kenji wasn't aloof. He was making a swipe at Sawajiri Erika, whose nonchalant attitude and trite replies of "betsu ni" at a pr event for her movie, Closed Note, earlier that week was widely criticised, by mimicking her and in the process sent the audience present at the press conference into gales of laughter.

First episode of Iryu 2 aired yesterday, an impressive 21% in rating!
    Haven't watch it yet, waiting for the subs to come out

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts View Post
    Yep. Interestingly, Kitamura Kazuki, who acts as Kirishima here, also appears as a main character in Galileo but his character's age is 36. That's definitely more believable.

Thanks for clearing this up...I knew he was a nice guy!...

Karte 1: Revival! Team Dragon! Synopsis

Team Dragon broke up after the successful completion of Japan’s first Batista operation. Asada once again returned to being a doctor at refugee camps. The number of patients at Meishin University Medical Hospital dropped dramatically with the absence of Team Dragon. Both Kato Akira and Kirishima Gunji, who had fought the professorship battle, left. The members who remained at the hospital, Ijyuuin Noboru and Satohara Miki, not to mention non-member, Kihara Takehiko, have misgivings about the hospital’s management. At that moment, Team Dragon members receive an anonymous email appealing for Meishin’s reorganisation and the team’s reunion. However, Asada is in America, Fujiyoshi is working at a local hospital, Arase is at Meishin but has no drive, and Ijyuuin has doubts about the reunion.

At around the same time, Team Dragon’s old nemesis, Professor Noguchi Takeo returns as the hospital’s Head of Risk Management – with authority over the personnel issues of all medical departments – in order to restructure Meishin. Ijyuuin feels that the reunion is increasingly becoming nothing more than a dream. But Professor Noguchi demotes Professor Egami Akira, who had tried to remove Ijyuuin from Meishin, to an affiliated hospital.

Then, Kataoka Kazumi, who sustained critical injuries from a hit-and-run accident near Meishin, is taken to the hospital’s ER. The ER doctors have been unmotivated since Professor Kitou Shoko left for America and are about to give up on Kataoka when Asada suddenly appears and saves her life. To draw the nation’s attention to Meishin University Medical Hospital’s medical treatment standards, Professor Noguchi suggests a public surgery (a live broadcast of the performance of a surgical operation while questions are taken from the audience of doctors gathered there) to Asada.

The team’s reunion isn’t a dream. Fujiyoshi also appears before a delighted Ijyuuin and other former members. He has come to place the surgery of Togashi Yukari, a patient with an enlarged heart who had sought his help, in Team Dragon’s hands. As Yukari is seven months pregnant, hospitals had rejected the possibility of her undergoing surgery if she doesn’t give up her baby. However, she absolutely won’t give up a child she had finally conceived after a long period of fertility treatment, and she and her husband, Tsuyoshi, refuse to abort the fetus. Fujiyoshi thinks Asada is the only person capable of performing this operation.

There is no reason for Professor Noguchi to approve this risky operation but Kataoka, who had escaped death because of Asada, persuades Professor Noguchi otherwise.  

Yukari awaits Team Dragon’s surgery at Hokuyou Hospital. In the meantime, the date for the public surgery is decided. However, on the eve of the scheduled surgery date, Yukari’s condition abruptly changes. They won’t make it if the public surgery and Yukari’s are held at the same time. Either surgery would be impossible to perform without Asada as the surgeon. Caught in a desperate situation, Asada calls Arase, and promises Fujiyoshi and the rest that he will wrap up the public surgery in 45 minutes and return to Yukari’s side.

At the beginning of the public surgery, Asada boldly proclaims to the audience that he will complete it in 45 minutes. Just as Asada is about to wrap up the surgery as he had said he would, the patient's condition turns abnormal. In such an unforeseen circumstance, it was thought that even Asada ... but Asada says he is finishing the surgery as he'd publicly pledged. Kirishima appears. Asada says there'll be a change in surgeon and leaves. Professor Noguchi is unwilling to accept this but the knowledge that the relay of Asada and Kirishima, both splendid surgeons, will be a good draw for Meishin reduces his ill temper.

Asada rushes to Hokuyou Hospital. He first delivers the baby by Cesarean section before starting the Batista operation. However, Asada is once again confronted with something unexpected. The newborn baby is ascertained to be suffering from congenital heart disease. If the child isn't operated on immediately, its chances of surviving beyond one week will be extremely low. Pressed to make a decision, Asada entrusts Yukari's surgery to Ijyuuin while he handles the baby.

Ijyuuin steels himself to take charge of his first Batista operation. Asada operates on the baby as he asks Dr Kitou for the procedure. Kirishima performs the public surgery at Asada's request. The three of them get through the difficult heart surgeries.

Newspaper headlines the next day herald Meishin's success in operating on Yukari. Why since Yukari has gone to Hokuyou Hospital? A doubtful Ijyuuin learns from Kihara that Meishin and Hokuyou have a business alliance. After hearing that, Ijyuuin realises something. That anonymous email that gathered Team Dragon. The fact that Yukari was introduced to Fujiyoshi. Was everything for this business alliance?

At that moment, Professor Noguchi is in his office drinking in celebration. Before him sits ... Kataoka. Kataoka had identified herself as a medical journalist but is in truth a board member of a foreign investment corporation and now the owner of Hokuyou after its takeover.
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 10-19-07 at 10:15 PM.

Jade,

Have you seen the first episode? tell me....is it good? thks.

Jade,

Have you seen the first episode? tell me....is it good? thks.
    With a run time of two hours, the extended first episode is staggering in scope and ambition, and is quite an exhausting yet intriguing one. I'm happy to say that the characters and the mood of the drama continues from where it left off. Dr Kato is now a visiting professor with UCLA and an incompetent Dr Egami now leads the department. Meishin is in decay, morale is low, and Dr Egami is an embodiment of the flaws of the system.

Wily, old Professor Noguchi is summoned back, reinstated a professor and given supreme authority over all the professors in personnel matters to revive Meishin. There's no love lost between him and Team Dragon but where they were once his enemies, he now embraces them as friends. The reputation of Team Dragon and Asada Ryutaro presents the professor with the best tool to restore Meishin's position as a prominent medical centre but how long will he tolerate this thorn in his side and how far can the Team push the limits before he sends them packing?

While the first season dealt with Asada's defiance of the corrupt medical system in order to save lives, the central theme of this sequel is whether money can buy lives. More than the first season, the second season looks to be a social commentary on the state of the medical system, in particular, university hospitals, in Japan. The main mission of university hospitals was originally to support students' for medical research and education through the medical examination and treatment of patients but custom and closed room practices have made them antiquated as reform sweeps the hospitals and profitability becomes crucial for survival.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Iryu_Chart-1.jpg')

Kataoka Kazumi (30)
    Director of a foreign investment firm; owner of Hokuyou Hospital. She met with an accident in front of Meishin University Medical Hospital and was taken to the hospital in critical condition. Her heart had practically stopped but she was miraculously saved by Asada's "hands of God." Impressed with his skills, and in appreciation for saving her life, she persuades Noguchi that Asada must perform the Batista operation on a high risk patient who is 7 months pregnant. However, that is motivated by her view of medical treatment as business.

Last edited by jade_frosts; 10-19-07 at 10:16 PM.

Ep2 Trailer Synopsis

Asada Ryutaro is Professor Noguchi Takeo's trump card for the construction of Meishin Medical City, a large-scale hospital led by a recognised heart transplant facility, three years later. By gathering outstanding doctors around Asada, he aims to raise the hospital's reputation and increase patient numbers. This is the reason why Professor Noguchi has entered into a business alliance with the owner of Hokuyou Hospital, Kataoka Kazumi. Kataoka will send outstanding doctors to Meishin, and in turn accept unprofitable patients from Meishin. Eventually, she intends to sacrifice Hokuyou Hospital and specialise in medical checkups for the wealthy.

One day, an old patient by the name of Nishizawa Takafumi is escorted to Meishin by his grandson Eita. At the information desk, Nishizawa tells the attendant nurse of his heart disorder but she bluntly says that his examination results won't change no matter how many times he comes to the hospital.

However, Fujiyoshi examines Nishizawa. Asada and Ijyuuin join in too and confirm that he has a serious cardiovascular disease. But Professor Noguchi doesn't want anything to do with Nishizawa and rejects his admission. The defiant Asada, Ijyuuin and Fujiyoshi are forced out from Meishin and transferred to Hokuyou.

Other doctors as well as Asada, Ijyuuin and Fujiyoshi are transferred to Hokuyou. Among them are vascular surgeon Toyama Seiji, anesthetist Kodaka Nanami, gastroenterological surgeon Matsudaira Kotaro. They all have some problems ... ...

Guest stars:
    Yamamoto Yuusuke as Eita
    Muta Teizo as Nishizawa Takafumi
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 10-19-07 at 10:16 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Iryu_chart-2.jpg')

Toyama Seiji (30)

A vascular surgeon at Hokuyou Hospital. He had been transferred from Meishin. Two years ago, he caused a big problem and has been deprived of any chances by the medical department since then.

Kodaka Nanami (33)
    An anesthetist who was transferred from Meishin to Hokuyou Hospital. She has a strong rebellious spirit and hasn't been involved in any recent surgery due to her propensity to oppose surgeons' during surgeries.

Nomura Hirohito (30)
    A clinical engineer at Hokuyou Hospital. He cannot communicate with doctors because of his anthropophobia (fear of people or human companionship). He is shunned by surgical teams because of that.

Matsudaira Kotaro (33)
    A gastroenterological surgeon at Hokuyou Hospital. When he was at another hospital, he was sued for medical malpractice and transferred. He has never held a surgical knife since then.

Zenda Hideki (58)
    The director of Hokuyou Hospital. He is always focused on patients and seeks community-based healthcare.
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 10-19-07 at 10:17 PM.

Karte 2: The Abandoned Patient Synopsis

Asada Ryutaro, Fujiyoshi Keisuke, Ijyuuin Noboru, Arase Monji, Satohara Miki ... these former Team Dragon members were reunited by the owner of Hokuyou Hospital, Kataoka Kazumi.

A board member of a foreign investment company, Kataoka had made a loan to the financially beleaguered Hokuyou Hospital and assumed authority for the business when it fell behind in its repayment. She then forged a business alliance with Meishin Medical University Hospital. Outstanding doctors will be sent to Meishin; Hokuyou will in turn accept mediocre doctors and unprofitable patients from Meishin, becoming its dumping ground. Eventually, Kataoka intends to sacrifice Hokuyou hospital and specialise in medical checkups for the wealthy.

Her plan conforms with Professor Noguchi's vision to establish Meishin Medical City, a large-scale hospital led by a recognised heart transplant facility, three years later. These bind the two of them together.

Professor Noguchi speaks to Asada about his vision of a medical city. Asada's "hands of God" are essential to this vision. However, Asada directly opposes Professor Noguchi's notion to make hospital management the top priority. He makes it known to Professor Noguchi that the heart transplants he had learnt in America was for the sake of patients, and the objective of his return to Japan is to build his own team once again. Hearing this, Professor Noguchi pledges his support and full cooperation but also coldly tells Asada that he won't forgive him if he hinders his vision.

One day, an old patient by the name of Nishizawa Takafumi is escorted to Meishin by his grandson Eita. At the information desk, Nishizawa tells the attendant nurse of his heart disorder but she bluntly says that his examination results won't change no matter how many times he comes to the hospital. Eita angrily tells her that his grandfather had had an operation at Meishin years ago but a physician says Meishin is going to be a specialist hospital and tells Nishizawa to go to Hokuyou Hospital instead. Witnessing this, Kihara Takehiko pronounces Nishizawa a "claimer" to Ijyuuin.

At that moment, Zenda Hideki, the director of Hokuyou Hospital is visiting Professor Noguchi in his room. He criticises the vision to transform Meishin into a medical city for the wealthy. Professor Noguchi points out to Zenda that his hospital was bankrupted because he strove for community healthcare.

In the evening, Professor Noguchi announces the establishment of the medical city to the media. However, Asada is absent from the company of professors present at the press conference. When they enter the Q&A session, a boy pushes through the media gathered there and approaches Professor Noguchi. It is Eita. He hurls a bucket of red paint he is carrying at the artist impression of the medical city. The press conference is thrown into a commotion. Only Fujiyoshi gazes calmly at Eita.

The next day, Ijyuuin and Kihara talk about Eita. Kihara tells Ijyuuin that Nishizawa had undergone a mitral valve replacement operation eight years ago. Kihara doesn't think slight arrhythmia is abnormal given Nishizawa's old age. As he says this, the two of them see Nishizawa and Eita walking with Fujiyoshi.

Kataoka has come to ask Professor Noguchi about the medical staff being transferred to Hokuyou. Kataoka, who has seen Professor Noguchi's list, notes the absence of Asada's name. She tells Professor Noguchi that Asada will be a double edged sword for his vision. Professor Noguchi says that even if Asada poses a risk, his skills are indispensable. Kataoka counters by posing him the question: "What if there's a more distinguished doctor than Asada?" She leaves the room and a medical staff rushes in. Professor Noguchi's face colour changes when he hears the staff's words.

Ijyuuin advises Fujiyoshi, who has just finished examining Nishizawa, against trying Professor Noguchi's patience. He calls Nishizawa a "claimer" and this prompts Fujiyoshi to ask him if he has personally examined Nishizawa. Ijyuuin is unable to reply. Fujiyoshi lets him see the patient's medical record. It shows that Nishizawa has a serious medical illness.

Asada decides that another operation is necessary after a thorough examination of Nishizawa. Professor Noguchi intercepts Asada, Fujiyoshi and Ijyuuin as they are about to handle Nishizawa's admission procedure. Professor Noguchi gives Asada a final warning. Even so, Asada remains defiant ... and his transfer to Hokuyou is ordered. Fujiyoshi and Ijyuuin also receive the same punishment for going ahead with Nishizawa's medical examination. There's another side to Professor Noguchi's move to cut Asada off: Kataoka has arranged for a doctor to replace Asada ... ...

Other doctors as well as Asada, Ijyuuin and Fujiyoshi are transferred to Hokuyou. Among them are vascular surgeon Toyama Seiji, anesthetist Kodaka Nanami, gastroenterological surgeon Matsudaira Kotaro. They all have some problems.

Zenda is the only one working hard amongst the lackadaisical doctors. Asada promises Zenda that he will form a strong medical team at Hokuyou. On the other hand, Professor Noguchi declares to Kataoka, who has come to tell him about Nishizawa's operation at Hokuyou, that the operation will definitely fail because ... ...