Thread: STYLE (K-Drama - Korean Devil Wears Prada)

Default STYLE (K-Drama - Korean Devil Wears Prada)

All the cast and plot summary found here: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Style

* Ryu Shi Won as Seo Woo Jin
    * Lee Ji Ah as Lee Seo Jung
    * Kim Hye Soo as Park Ki Ja
    * Lee Yong Woo as Kim Min Joon
    * Nah Young Hee as Son Myung Hee
    * Chae Gook Hee as Kim Ji Won
    * Shin Jung Geun as So Byung Suk
    * Han Chae Ah as Cha Ji Sun
    * Kim Ga Eun as Wang Mi Hye
    * Park Ji Il as Lee Suk Chang
    * Kim Shi Hyang as Hwang Bo Kap Joo
    * Kim Gyu Jin as Nam Bong Woo
    * Hong Ji Min as Oh Yoo Na
    * Han Seung Hoon as Kwan Jae Suk
    * Jessica Gomes as herself (cameo, ep1)

I watched episode one and haven't found anything appealing about the women in the show. Lee Ji Ah as Lee Seo Jung is a impulsive crybaby.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    All she does is complain about her job, overreact to whenever either Woo Jin and Min Joon's helping her. When her boyfriend buys her the expensive purse she always wanted, instead of saying thank-you, she complains and cries (yet again!) and makes him return it. Fine, let him return it, but at least use your communication skills to explain why you want to return it. It's no wonder she's the underdog assistant to deputy editor. She can't get her act together and always cries about how miserable her job and her life is? Blah. I feel no sympathy for this woman. And she's the main lead. Hopefully, she'll grow a backbone by the next episode or show some redeeming factor. I have not seen any strength in her character yet.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Yes, it's also irritating me that her screaming is repulsively lowering my likings for this show. She somewhat reminds me of Jandi from BOF when yelling, except this girl is way worse.

The storyline is actually quite good. I'm glad to see Ryu Si Won back too, though he has a monotone character, like he's always acting the same (so far).

Another thing that is kind of picking on my nerve is the fact that these women practically follow their higher-ups like dogs . Especially, the main character.

Overall, it's not that great of a drama, but not that bad either. I'll continue watching it, but I swear if the main girl doesn't stop yelping and crying on the floor I'll stop watching.
    Last edited by Sunlight_zero36; 08-09-09 at 11:42 PM.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36 View Post
    Yes, it's also irritating me that her screaming is repulsively lowering my likings for this show. She somewhat reminds me of Jandi from BOF when yelling, except this girl is way worse.

The storyline is actually quite good. I'm glad to see Ryu Si Won back too, though he has a monotone character, like he's always acting the same (so far).

Another thing that is kind of picking on my nerve is the fact that these women practically follow their higher-ups like dogs . Especially, the main character.

Overall, it's not that great of a drama, but not that bad either. I'll continue watching it, but I swear if the main girl doesn't stop yelping and crying on the floor I'll stop watching.
    She is so annoying. All she's good at is wailing, whining and crying. Her boss was right when she yelled at Seo Jung. She does throw tantrums and whine a lot. She's like a big baby or a little girl in the body of a woman. I don't get how she can react that way. I'd rather watch Cain and Abel while I wait for Queen Seon Duk to come out.

She seems to be jealous of the deputy editor and the chef's 'closeness'. It just seems like her jealousy or crush on the chef drop down from no where. A lot of things in how Seo Jung's character is portrayed isn't really smooth. We don't really understand some of the motives of Seo Jung or either of the chef or the photographer.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 08-10-09 at 05:55 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I agree with everyone here that Seo Jung whines a lot. It's lucky that she becomes better after turning editor.

I find the chief editor very admirable in her working attitude. She seemed to be the only one who really knows how to work, where to make improvements and how to reach perfection. I like her pride and passion for her job and how she can take adversity.

It's worthed a watch for anyone interested in fashion or gourmet food.

This series is currently airing on local TV but I have no patience watching the whole series (coz this series writing lack substance), but I admire Park Ki Ja work attitude (the chief editor).

Can anyone please spoil me the ending?

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    This series is currently airing on local TV but I have no patience watching the whole series (coz this series writing lack substance), but I admire Park Ki Ja work attitude (the chief editor).

Can anyone please spoil me the ending?
    SPOILERS

The chief editor Park Ki Ja and the chef ends up together. She went through a surgery to remove some tumour earlier and was able to go on a long holiday finally with the chef. Style survived through the ordeal dealt by the chef's stepsister. Happy ending.

And the lead actress or second lead actress became more mature with her work attitude and was able to guide lemmings worse than her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    SPOILERS

click to show/hide spoilers
    The chief editor Park Ki Ja and the chef ends up together. She went through a surgery to remove some tumour earlier and was able to go on a long holiday finally with the chef. Style survived through the ordeal dealt by the chef's stepsister. Happy ending.

And the lead actress or second lead actress became more mature with her work attitude and was able to guide lemmings worse than her.
    Thanks! The so-called quadrangle love relationship is so tiring to watch

Default Beethoven's virus

I think Lee Ji Ah was in Beethoven's virus. I didn't like her character in it nor her acting. But I only watched a few episodes.
    I am sure she was also the actress in the great emperor or something with Bai Yoon Jung. She was really not very attractive and he fell in love with her despite having a wife or mistress.

Her nose was very distracting. I kept thinking she should have got a better surgeon.