Thread: Mixed Tag Team tournament

Default Mixed Tag Team tournament

Let's try to determine which couple in JY's world would win in a mixed tag team tournament. Firstly, let's assume that their martial arts levels are pretty much equivalent because those arguments about whose martial arts are stronger would be endless. Instead of the typical martial arts argument, let's instead focus on character quirks, flaws, intelligence, team cohesion, that would determine a fight. Even the beauty of a charcter can affect the match, since DFBB would be attracted by the machoness of XF while YG or Fragrance's good looks can possibly affect a few people. In terms of martial arts, we can still evalute compatibility between the 2 teammates or whether 1 teammate's martial arts can boost or worsen the partner's abilities.

Here are the teams for now. Please let me know who else should be added.

GJ/HR
    YG/XLN
    ZWJ/ZM
    ZWJ/ZZR
    XF/Ah Zhu
    DY/WYY
    WXB/7 wives (having 6 extra persons is an unfair advantage, but WXB is so cunning, he'll think of a reason to convince the others of an handicap match)
    LHC/RYY
    DFBB and his boyfriend (let's assume that DFBB has already learned his lesson)
    CJL/Princess Fragrance
    YCZ/QQ
    YCZ/Ah 9 (princess Changping)

Feel free to add some more couples if you can think of any. I"ve only added the couples from works that I'm familiar with. Perhaps we can narrow down the teams to 10 and come up with a poll.

DY + WYY. There are so many people here. DY and WYY will be at the very edge trying to hide from everyone and then a stray blast kills WYY and bam! it's over.

Should Zhuo Bufan be added?
    ..ext88

man, this is kindda an extra poll. ofcouse it's YG and XLN, they are both very high standard in the martial art world, YG can probably draw with most of the high lvl people. while XLN is deffintely at the top of the women fighter, not only that, they usually fight together. so there's too many advantages for them.

comming closing in at 2nd is probably DY/WYY..... in the martial art world, DY is sitting at the top, his sword thingy with the lvl of enegy that he has at the end of DGSD is crazy. can't be beaten, it's like having 6 pistol when everyone is using sword, it's rediculous.

What about Wuyazi / LQS? They would kick *** for the first 10 minutes, then Wuyazi would see WYY and go OMGWTFBBQ and stop fighting and LQS would be pissed and quit the tournament.

YG/XLN.

DY has the big IF. If Duan Yu can use 6MSJ plus WYY's intelligence, then DY and WYY is the best. However, Duan Yu having trouble working 6MSJ is not something that WYY can repair because WYY doesn't know anything about 6MSJ. Seeing this, I'm more inclined toward YG/XLN.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    DY + WYY. There are so many people here. DY and WYY will be at the very edge trying to hide from everyone and then a stray blast kills WYY and bam! it's over.
    What do you mean that it's over when a stray blast kills WYY? Do you mean that DY will just go crazy on everyone? I think WYY will be talking crap about the other people's martial arts as she usually does, and someone with a bad temper like YG, XF,RYY will try to (female dog)slap WYY. DY will then run over to save WYY and since he's a coward himself, they will just run away, ending in a DQ and be the first team to be eliminated.

YG/XLN is also a popular pick but they wouldn't be my favorite to go into the finals despite the fact that they are one of the few couples that are both powerful in martial arts. YG/XLN are way too lovey-dovey and either one will be affected too much by something bad happening to the other. Also, at the end of ROCH, both YG and XLN have become much more powerful but their martial arts have also gone in very different directions and I think they wouldn't work together nearly as well as they did when they were younger.

Does WCY and LCY get a spot somewhere in here?

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    What do you mean that it's over when a stray blast kills WYY? Do you mean that DY will just go crazy on everyone? I think WYY will be talking crap about the other people's martial arts as she usually does, and someone with a bad temper like YG, XF,RYY will try to (female dog)slap WYY. DY will then run over to save WYY and since he's a coward himself, they will just run away, ending in a DQ and be the first team to be eliminated.

YG/XLN is also a popular pick but they wouldn't be my favorite to go into the finals despite the fact that they are one of the few couples that are both powerful in martial arts. YG/XLN are way too lovey-dovey and either one will be affected too much by something bad happening to the other. Also, at the end of ROCH, both YG and XLN have become much more powerful but their martial arts have also gone in very different directions and I think they wouldn't work together nearly as well as they did when they were younger.
    Just want to find out, do you actually read the novels? Duan Yu is not a coward, he is a pacifist. But when his beloved family/friends are injured, he will fight back. Even when he had no martial arts skill to boast of, he would still put up a resolute front. I think that your assessment of this character is way off the mark.

like i said, JY thought it'll be kindda fun to giv one of his char 6 lazer while the rest of them is still playing with swords. it's rediculous. DY with the internal enegy that he had from sucking all those people's enegy, by the end of DGSD he was actually on theory on par with the monk and both of them were stronger than XF simply because they suck crapload of enegy from other people.

Quote Originally Posted by siegefried
    Just want to find out, do you actually read the novels? Duan Yu is not a coward, he is a pacifist. But when his beloved family/friends are injured, he will fight back. Even when he had no martial arts skill to boast of, he would still put up a resolute front. I think that your assessment of this character is way off the mark.
    I was being humorous by using the DY/WYY team in a situation that often happens in wrestling where a cowardly team would rather get a DQ than get beaten up. Obviously, DY is not a complete coward, but he does gets scared in fights unlike someone like XF. Like you said, DY doesn't like to fight, and it's not out of the question for him to just run away with WYY.

Is this through pure martial arts or everything goes? If it is everything goes, WXB could probably bribe everyone listed with something that they want. Failing that a few thousand yellow banner soldiers would just take these people and throw them into jail.

Quote Originally Posted by The Khan
    Is this through pure martial arts or everything goes? If it is everything goes, WXB could probably bribe everyone listed with something that they want. Failing that a few thousand yellow banner soldiers would just take these people and throw them into jail.
    It is everything goes, since I've already said that I wish people would concentrate less on which martial arts is more powerful and more on personal characteristics. Cheating is certainly allowed but the cheating has to be consistent with one's
    character. For example, WXB, HR would certainly cheat while GJ/XF wouldn't.

Also, do you think we should have the rules so that both members of a winning team have to be standing or should the rules be that only one member needs to survive?