Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [What if?] XLN with Great Level internal energy

Default [What if?] XLN with Great Level internal energy

Just throwing this one out for the sharks before I give my opinion.

If we give XLN the benefit of YG's snake bladders such that she reaches Great level internal energy, how would another Great fight her? Please assume the other Greats are as we see them in the novel. No theoretical achievements except for XLN.

Her lightness kungfu is already top-notched, with abundant internal energy she'd be faster on her feet than any Great and last just as long.

Her Jade Maiden technique has a strong hypnotic effect and basically has no openings. Its attack power is not very high but again, abundant internal energy would make even a glancing blow serious.

I have some ideas on who could draw with her, who would likely lose and who stands a chance at winning. But let's see where people here would place her.

If she have Yideng internal energy, she'll probaby be the strongest in ROCH in my opinion...

If we're talking about ROCH only, the only people that can draw with her is probably Yang Guo / Zhou Bo Tong and possibly GWM.

If we're talking about all of Jinyong novel, I think she'll most closely match with........

Dong Fang Bu Bai -_-

She already has the speed and technique, so with Greats level inner power, yes, Little Dragon Girl would rule wulin.

Thank goodness the wuxia gods were wiser than that, however.

Yes, XLN would rule Wulin with Great level internal. However, even with that kind of internal, I still have a feeling inside me that says GJ and YG's (after neutralizing the hypnotic effect of Jade Maiden with the 3 arts of 9 Yin) palm energy can possibly overcome XLN's sword.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    Yes, XLN would rule Wulin with Great level internal. However, even with that kind of internal, I still have a feeling inside me that says GJ and YG's (after neutralizing the hypnotic effect of Jade Maiden with the 3 arts of 9 Yin) palm energy can possibly overcome XLN's sword.
    Also, people always forget to consider the different pain tolerances of the combatants invovle. Bruce Lee said that it's useless to go into a fight even if your martial arts is great if the other guy can take 10 of your punches and you can only take one punch from the other guy. I'll bet the farm that GJ and YG can take much more pain than XLN.

I believe getting hit by a sword results in severe disability regardless of pain tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    I believe getting hit by a sword results in severe disability regardless of pain tolerance.
    It depends, someone with tru warier spirit can probably fight on with a deep slash on the arm or maybe even a poke-through in the shoulder. I'm sure GJ/YG will deal with those injuires much better than XLN. XLN just isn't as gangsta as GJ/YG.

Your arm exists for a reason. A deep slash on the arm is going to impair the use of it even if you feel no pain at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    If they can hit her. With Greats level inner power, Little Dragon Girl would lose nothing to them in terms of strength, but she would have all kinds of speed advantage over them.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    Your arm exists for a reason. A deep slash on the arm is going to impair the use of it even if you feel no pain at all.
    Something tells me that GJ may struggle fighting XLN with one arm. YG with no arm and his fighting style eh lets not go there, eh he will just get sliced apart.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    Something tells me that GJ may struggle fighting XLN with one arm. YG with no arm and his fighting style eh lets not go there, eh he will just get sliced apart.
    Yeah, but let's say that GJ or YG gets several deep cuts on the arm while XLN gets punched once in the face. I think that GJ/YG would probably still last for a while and fight relatively well while XLN would probably be out or extremely woozy. Let's treat this as a rpg, XLN might have high attributes in speed/fighting/agility, but what if XLN has 50 hit points while GJ/YG have 150 hit points and a higher immunity against being concussed?

I'm still wondering, however: if Little Dragon Girl has Greats level inner power AND her infamous superspeed, would any of the other Greats even manage to lay a hand on her?

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    Yeah, but let's say that GJ or YG gets several deep cuts on the arm while XLN gets punched once in the face. I think that GJ/YG would probably still last for a while and fight relatively well while XLN would probably be out or extremely woozy. Let's treat this as a rpg, XLN might have high attributes in speed/fighting/agility, but what if XLN has 50 hit points while GJ/YG have 150 hit points and a higher immunity against being concussed?
    It would not help if XLN's dodge attack rating was 100%

Quote Originally Posted by The Khan
    It would not help if XLN's dodge attack rating was 100%
    100% is just ridiculous and should only be reserved for deities in a RPG unless of course you're a munchkin player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchki...aying_games%29

BTW, I'm not a RPG nerd, I just happen to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    If they can hit her. With Greats level inner power, Little Dragon Girl would lose nothing to them in terms of strength, but she would have all kinds of speed advantage over them.
    The thing is that Jade Maiden's power isn't as strong as XL18Z, Melancholic Sad Palm. If 2 person with = internal were to train Jade Maiden and XL18Z. And let's assume that both had the a 90% mastery. Which one do you think will have the higher power? I personally think it's the almighty XL18Z because Jade Maiden is based off Lin Chao Yin's philosophy of using speed, softness instead of pure force energy/internal.

However, I do agree that XLN would have a serious speed advantage which could easily balance that difference in power and surpass it.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Anyone with enough internal energy can make almost any weak martial arts do wonders.

Example: Xuzhu countering Jiumozhi's exquisite Prana Palm (which was described to be the finest palm style in shaolin) with the most basic Shaolin technique; Xiao Feng destroying advanced shaolin techniques with the basic Ancestor's Long Fist.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    100% is just ridiculous and should only be reserved for deities in a RPG unless of course you're a munchkin player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchki...aying_games%29

BTW, I'm not a RPG nerd, I just happen to know.
    Think of the greats as characters created by munchkins.

XLN was still standing after getting hit by the combined forces of QZ palm, and Golden Wheel monk.

I do agree that a palm from GJ/YG is more serious than a sword hit from XLN, but who do you think will strike first and how many times?

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    XLN was still standing after getting hit by the combined forces of QZ palm, and Golden Wheel monk.

I do agree that a palm from GJ/YG is more serious than a sword hit from XLN, but who do you think will strike first and how many times?
    If not for the fact she saw YG and hence felt no physical pain, she would have most likely been crumbled by the combined forces of those people.

If not for the fact she want to pawn YG/GJ...

Her internal is weaker than a QZ's, 10x to 15x that was the force she felt.

Member of TC fanclub.