Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Change Of Destiny 《天機算》

Susanna Kwan Guk-ying as in the popular artist in the late or early 80's who sing the themesong to " 1982 The Demi-Gods And Semi-Devils"?

I actually start liking Shirley's acting now. She has come a long way and has improved her acting ability which recently impressed me.

I'm looking forward to this series, it looks like it will be the underdog series that could come out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuya
    Anyone know what's the plot? Does anyone else think there's a slight resemblance in the title to the vampire movie, The Twins Effect, or 千機變?
    This series is about this book that could 'read' the future and is similar to The Bitter Bitten with the clues. Everyone in the story tries to get their hands on the book which is also the title. If you want to know more about the plot then watch it here
    Last edited by Tom; 03-27-07 at 05:50 PM.

I was hoping this series would fall in the lines of a "feng shui" series such as Patrick Tam's Swordsman Lai Bo Yee. I was extremely disappointed with Face to Fate and how it totally deviated from the fortune telling and "feng shui" aspects. Maybe that's why they decided to name Frankie "Lee" and not "Lai"? I had once seen a series about Lai Bo Yee played by Michael Miu. But I think I still prefer Patrick Tam's version where there's a right combination of martial arts involvement with "feng shui" still as the main theme.

I've always liked seeing Benny Chan in ancient series and Steven Ma's one of my favorites which translates this into a must see for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wang23
    I was hoping this series would fall in the lines of a "feng shui" series such as Patrick Tam's Swordsman Lai Bo Yee. I was extremely disappointed with Face to Fate and how it totally deviated from the fortune telling and "feng shui" aspects. Maybe that's why they decided to name Frankie "Lee" and not "Lai"? I had once seen a series about Lai Bo Yee played by Michael Miu. But I think I still prefer Patrick Tam's version where there's a right combination of martial arts involvement with "feng shui" still as the main theme.

I've always liked seeing Benny Chan in ancient series and Steven Ma's one of my favorites which translates this into a must see for me.
    There's a Michael Miu version as Lai Bo Yee? I remember Patrick Tam's version starring Noel Leung and I quite like the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Versace
    There's a Michael Miu version as Lai Bo Yee? I remember Patrick Tam's version starring Noel Leung and I quite like the series.
    Hmm...maybe I should've used this for the Guess the Series Game? No I made that up.

It starred Michael Miu, Liu Wai Hung and Patricia Chong.

Hmm...maybe I should've used this for the Guess the Series Game? No I made that up.

I don't recall anything like that. What are you talking about? What I know is Fearless Duo with Michael Miu and Barbara Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Versace
    I loved the theme song of Swordman Lai Bo Yee sung by Chris Wong. Every time I listen to that song I remember the series.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    I don't recall anything like that. What are you talking about? What I know is Fearless Duo with Michael Miu and Barbara Y.

I loved the theme song of Swordman Lai Bo Yee sung by Chris Wong. Every time I listen to that song I remember the series.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=I2rJtYXIBDE

I really should've used this for the thread. Ah well. And if I had four reading assignments, I'd probably not read any of them and hide in the back corner of class with my head as low as possible.

I think the Zu Mountain Saga and Swordsman Lai Bo Yee themesongs are some of my most favorite TVB themesongs.

You should have! This one would have been a tough one for me to guess. I loved this series, but I watched it WAAAAY back when, and no stores carry it anymore. I don't remember too much about it, except one feng shui battle between Michael Miu and Patricia... something about one of them building a bridge so that it took on the shape of a lobster. To win, the other person convinced someone to paint the bridge red... so that red lobster = boiled lobster = dead lobster. Feng shui gone!

Funny, I was going to use Swordsman Lai Bo Yee as my next clue in the Guess a Series thread... guess I'll abandon that idea.

Now, back on topic. I really like Benny Chan in ancient series. I haven't seen a TVB series in a few years now, but this one might actually be worth renting for the cast. Benny looks like he'll be playing an evil (or at least, very ambitious) character, based on the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju!
    I don't remember too much about it, except one feng shui battle between Michael Miu and Patricia... something about one of them building a bridge so that it took on the shape of a lobster. To win, the other person convinced someone to paint the bridge red... so that red lobster = boiled lobster = dead lobster. Feng shui gone!

Funny, I was going to use Swordsman Lai Bo Yee as my next clue in the Guess a Series thread... guess I'll abandon that idea.
    I'm actually quite amazed with your memory! LOL. I watched this about half a year ago and I can barely recall the lobster thing until you reminded me. You can always use Swordsman Lai Bo Yee as the next clue...just make up clues no one will recognize like what I try to do.

I also love seeing Benny in ancient series...especially with armor....eg. Gods of Honor.

Just watched episode 1 yesterday. I like it so far.

Does anyone know when DVD-RMVB versions will come out?
    Jiang Hu, a Wuxia fansubbing team
    Currently seeking more help!

I'm at ep. 2 now...I like it so far... I can't comment on it maybe until a couple more episodes.

I'm definitely going to follow this series all the way!
    Jiang Hu, a Wuxia fansubbing team
    Currently seeking more help!

im really looking forward to watch this series. i think it's a good one

This is a great series! I haven't seen one like this for a while.
    Its hilarious! everyone's acting is pretty good. especially the veterans.

Its definitely worth the watch!

Just started to watch this drama, I thought it's pretty interesting though the 'book' is fictional. I like the idea of using a 'book' to predict future plus abit of historic facts & myths. Hope that the plot will remain good as the eps go on...

Quote Originally Posted by kenixgoh
    Just started to watch this drama, I thought it's pretty interesting though the 'book' is fictional. I like the idea of using a 'book' to predict future plus abit of historic facts & myths. Hope that the plot will remain good as the eps go on...
    actually. the book is real. there really is a book under that name that DOES tell about the future, its only that peopel aren't able to decipher its prediction until the event actually occured
    s.imple desires <-- click!

it is coming out so slow!!!! i'm dying to see the nxt episode............

Quote Originally Posted by kaiyi
    actually. the book is real. there really is a book under that name that DOES tell about the future, its only that peopel aren't able to decipher its prediction until the event actually occured
    Oh really!? Haha I see then. Most people are only able to 'foretell' a particular event after it happen usually are just 马后炮! LOL Anyway, I'm also waiting for dvd to release... so slow!

while i was watching the series, i wonder if the pictures are really that simple. and from a picture like that, you can say anything! how do you know ur interpretation is correct? it is such a dangerous career trying to be the interpreter!