Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: A Change Of Destiny 《天機算》

I want to watch this series, for those of you who have watched it, is the storyline good? I'm interested in watching Selena and Shirley, but not much of Steven and Benny. They seem too old for the actresses.

I just finished watching this show. It's pretty good.
    Favorite shows: E.U., Rosy Business
    Favorite actor: Ron Ng, Wayne Lai
    Favorite actress: Tavia Yeung

I'm watching this series now. Just finished the first 9 episodes. This series is pretty light-hearted but pretty fun too.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 06-28-09 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    I'm watching this series now. Just finished the first 9 episodes. This series is pretty light-hearted but pretty fun too.
    I just picked up this series again. The first time I watched it, I only watched up to episode 10 or so. It's not so light-hearted now. There's conspiracy, conflict and drama seeping into the story.

At first I thought it was Steven Ma and Benny Chan duet for the theme song, but it turns out it's Steven Ma and Joel Chan, the guy that married the princess, but got burn in a very special spot by her.

I just finished episode 13 and wow, Lau Kong can really give an evil laugh. I like it! Hahahaha! Ever since Wong Wai retired, there's only Lau Kong and Law Lok Lam and the actor who played Huang Yao Shi in the 90s' LOCH and ROCH. Man, Lau Kong is the best! I always loved his acting. Whether it is evil or good, he's so good at giving life to the character he plays.. Hahaha...I just wasn't so impressed by the role he got in The Four. It's not his fault, just the character is not so special. I liked him better here and in the Best Selling Secrets.

Hmm...I can't say the same for Yuen Wah, I never quite enjoyed his acting. Maybe it's because of his face being unlikeable.

Steven Ma and Benny Chan is not too old for the lead actresses, they still look youthful to me.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I just picked up this series again. The first time I watched it, I only watched up to episode 10 or so. It's not so light-hearted now. There's conspiracy, conflict and drama seeping into the story.

At first I thought it was Steven Ma and Benny Chan duet for the theme song, but it turns out it's Steven Ma and Joel Chan, the guy that married the princess, but got burn in a very special spot by her.

I just finished episode 13 and wow, Lau Kong can really give an evil laugh. I like it! Hahahaha! Ever since Wong Wai retired, there's only Lau Kong and Law Lok Lam and the actor who played Huang Yao Shi in the 90s' LOCH and ROCH. Man, Lau Kong is the best! I always loved his acting. Whether it is evil or good, he's so good at giving life to the character he plays.. Hahaha...I just wasn't so impressed by the role he got in The Four. It's not his fault, just the character is not so special. I liked him better here and in the Best Selling Secrets.

Hmm...I can't say the same for Yuen Wah, I never quite enjoyed his acting. Maybe it's because of his face being unlikeable.

Steven Ma and Benny Chan is not too old for the lead actresses, they still look youthful to me.
    Wow, we're watching it together. I'm on episode 14 now Let me know your impressions. I find the series pretty family-friendly. Maybe its just TVB's style for ancient series this decade.

Wow, we're watching it together. I'm on episode 14 now Let me know your impressions. I find the series pretty family-friendly. Maybe its just TVB's style for ancient series this decade.
    I know. I picked it up again after some reconsideration and saw that you're watching it, so yeah, I'll give it another try.

Technically, we're not exactly watching it together. Just watching it at the same time.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I know. I picked it up again after some reconsideration and saw that you're watching it, so yeah, I'll give it another try.

Technically, we're not exactly watching it together. Just watching it at the same time.
    How is it so far, you enjoying it? I like Benny's wife, i think she's kinda pretty. Don't know the actress' name. I'm gonna try to finish this series today

The taoist diviniation stuff is bit over the top but entertaining at the same time.

How is it so far, you enjoying it? I like Benny's wife, i think she's kinda pretty. Don't know the actress' name. I'm gonna try to finish this series today

The taoist diviniation stuff is bit over the top but entertaining at the same time.
    Her name is Selena Li. I gave up on finishing tv serials in one day or 2-3 days. It's a bad habit. Good luck with that.

Shirley Yeung -- I never liked her, but for very short moments in the series I thought she was cute but that was short-lived.

Yeah, some of the taoist stuff is a bit showy and over the top. ATV would've handled this better.

Her name is Selena Li. I gave up on finishing tv serials in one day or 2-3 days. It's a bad habit. Good luck with that.

Shirley Yeung -- I never liked her, but for very short moments in the series I thought she was cute but that was short-lived.

Yeah, some of the taoist stuff is a bit showy and over the top. ATV would've handled this better.
    Yeah i like Selena Li. She has that innocent pure prettiness to her.

I'm on episode 16 now. The series gets more darker with more twists. I'm used to watching marathons Let me know your impressions.

Shirley's performance is pretty forgettable in this series. Actually i don't like Shirley much in ancient series. Her acting isn't that great. I think she's suited more for modern series like Brink of Law.

Yeah i like Selena Li. She has that innocent pure prettiness to her.

I'm on episode 16 now. The series gets more darker with more twists. I'm used to watching marathons Let me know your impressions.

Shirley's performance is pretty forgettable in this series. Actually i don't like Shirley much in ancient series. Her acting isn't that great. I think she's suited more for modern series like Brink of Law.
    The storyline is really boring to me. I find it predictable and the twists are not surprising enough. Yip Yeung is not a convincing villain. Princess Fei Fung is annoying and I wonder if this dramatic I-love-Yip-Yeung-I can't live without him-act is really just who she is. She's not crazy, she's just a bratty princess. Selena's character is just dumb to have fallen for YY, she's way too good for him.

And Shirley! Gosh! She and her deformed dimples, I don't like her in either modern or ancient settings.

I'm on episode 18 and I don't feel like continuing this series at all. Perhaps it is why I stopped after episode 10. It just mediocre.

The storyline is really boring to me. I find it predictable and the twists are not surprising enough. Yip Yeung is not a convincing villain. Princess Fei Fung is annoying and I wonder if this dramatic I-love-Yip-Yeung-I can't live without him-act is really just who she is. She's not crazy, she's just a bratty princess. Selena's character is just dumb to have fallen for YY, she's way too good for him.

And Shirley! Gosh! She and her deformed dimples, I don't like her in either modern or ancient settings.

I'm on episode 18 and I don't feel like continuing this series at all. Perhaps it is why I stopped after episode 10. It just mediocre.
    Yeah the storyline is pretty predictable. You can't really expect much from TVB these days. Their style is very family-friendly light-hearted simplistic plotlines.

I like Selena's face. She's pretty

Shirley is terrible in this series. Her lines and facial expressions just make me cringe. I"m on episode 18 too, 2 more eps to go.

I thought you finished this series already. What happen to your marathon? I'm ready to skip 18 and 19 and just watch the last half hour of episode 20.

I thought you finished this series already. What happen to your marathon? I'm ready to skip 18 and 19 and just watch the last half hour of episode 20.
    I got some studying to do... The only series that i could never finish was vagabond vigilente. That's the most boring piece of crap i ever seen. I fell asleep after episode 3.

To me, CoD is just standard TVB fare. After i watch it i'll probably forget about it and move on to the next series in my long list of series to watch.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 06-30-09 at 03:17 PM.

Yip Yeung's ending was pretty much like MuRong Fu's ending.

Overall, this series was very mediocre. It had all the good packaging like Land of Wealth and all but somewhere along the line of story and packing punches, it lacked a lot in execution of the whole concept. I don't know. It could've been better. Benny was not really a villain and I couldn't understand the change in his character. Underdeveloped.

The relationships between the main couples was not developed well too. I don't see much chemistry. I would've liked to see Benny and Steven switched roles and see how Steven would've faired as an evil guy, but provided that he was given a well-developed character. Benny too.

Well...I'm going to give King of Gambler a try, even though it has a bad review from SC.

Yip Yeung's ending was pretty much like MuRong Fu's ending.

Overall, this series was very mediocre. It had all the good packaging like Land of Wealth and all but somewhere along the line of story and packing punches, it lacked a lot in execution of the whole concept. I don't know. It could've been better. Benny was not really a villain and I couldn't understand the change in his character. Underdeveloped.

The relationships between the main couples was not developed well too. I don't see much chemistry. I would've liked to see Benny and Steven switched roles and see how Steven would've faired as an evil guy, but provided that he was given a well-developed character. Benny too.

Well...I'm going to give King of Gambler a try, even though it has a bad review from SC.
    Yeah I just finished the series. I agree. The ending was pretty week. The series, like you said, is very mediocre. The acting was either cringe-worthy or over the top especially from Benny Chan and Shirley Yeung. Good eye spotting YY's ending being similar to MRF's. The gimic with the taoist diviniation and magic while entertaining at first later on feels repetitive. This series is very forgettable.

The series had lot of good ideas but the execution was very very poorly done. There is absolutely no excitement in this series or any lasting momentum. When they finally do have some momentum or build-up going on for some of the various mystery plots, they kill it right off with half-baked conclusions. Very ho-hum.

I'm too lazy to write a formal review but overall i give it a 6/10. You're right it is very mediocre. If you're bored and there's nothing else to watch then this series might be good for killing time.

The saving grace for me is watching Selena on screen. hubba.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 06-30-09 at 07:40 PM.