Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

Last edited by Pacifian; 01-26-07 at 09:35 AM.

I read the other thread -- it's so exciting that there's two translators, you guys will be done in no time! Anyway, I owe you all my first born. Keep up the good work!

Thank you kindly for your work on this novel. This is my favourite among Jin Yong's novels. I only posted now 'cause I was a bit lost at the begining and had to read everything from the start -- last time I had read anything was about two years ago

As to your work, I'd say for someone who has just started translating you're doing a very good job. If you keep it up you're bound to get better, and you're already quite good at it from what I can tell. Though I do not know any chinese at all, you can always evaluate a translation based on vocabulary, grammar, structure, consistency, etc. I'm sure having someone work with you as an editor would lighten your workload and allow you to keep typos and other errors to a minimum.

Anyways, thanks for your work, and I hope you can keep translating for us.

Just a note:

Do not think, that just because you get only a dozen replies, you have only half a dozen readers. This thread is only a week old and yet it has almost 1500 page views. That's about 200 page views and 3 posts a day. For a thread that has only just began I'd say that is quite a bit.

You can be sure that there are quite a few lurkers out there anxiously awaiting your work.

this duan yu sure is some sort of a don juan fellow, coming across so many girls in such a short period of time

Sincere thanks to those giving me encouragement and motivation. Translation will continue tomorrow.

Bloodflowers: It's not like I did not want an editor. I did propose the idea and did/will not reject any kind offers. And I do hope people can tell me where my mistakes are instead of mollycoddling them, because one of the reasons which prompted me to writing a translation is to improve my English.

And once again, I thank all readers.

Last edited by Pacifian; 01-26-07 at 09:37 AM.

Last edited by Pacifian; 01-26-07 at 09:38 AM.

finally another translation, thanks pacifan!

keep them coming.
    Rose blooms best near death
    You are in full bloom, Pal!

I know some of you may find it weird that I have stopped translating for quite a while but I sort of became busy these days and I have PMed ani411 to help me continue, but she doesn't seem to be even online. So well, if this goes on...

I was supposed to be very busy these days, but never mind, I think I'll translate a tiny portion for you guys, but please note I cannot continue like this for much longer. I can only come back fully ready to translate in November.

Transferred to Chapter 5: Subtle Steps and Hanging Threads

Credits to Wuxiapedia for providing a very detailed list of various weapons and stuff, terms like "Talisman of Life-And-Death" etc. are used from that website. To know more about DGSD, you guys should go to Wuxiapedia and check out the stuff there. Very illuminating and enjoyable read.
    Last edited by Pacifian; 01-26-07 at 09:38 AM.

Translated by Pacifian
    Edited by lilchilipepper
    ~*~
    Neither Xin Shuang Qing nor Zuo Zi Mu bothered to listen. Seized tightly captive between Yu and Wu, Duan Yu had no choice save to follow them back to the No Measure Cave.

The two men brought Duan Yu past five houses and through a large garden before stopping in front of three small houses. Wu Guang Sheng opened the door, while Yu Guang Biao pushed him firmly forwards. As soon as Duan Yu stumbled into the house, the door closed behind him with a resounding clicking sound. The door had been locked, and he was now efficiently trapped within.

“How unreasonable can you No Measure Sword people get? How can you all treat me like a criminal? It’s not as if No Measure Sword is the authorities. How could you imprison people for absolutely no reason?” Duan Yu called out.

The noises outside ceased instantly. Despite all of his shouting and screaming, nobody seemed to notice him at all.

Duan Yu sighed, thinking, “Since things happened this way, let it be. All I can do now is to await my fate.” The descent from the mountain had exhausted him sorely, and, upon seeing a bed and a table in the room, he immediately reclined on the bed and fell asleep.

Before long, a person came to serve him food; surprisingly, it did not taste awful. Turning to the servant who brought the food, Duan Yu spoke, “Go and report to your two leaders. Tell them I have a word to…” Before he could finish saying what he wanted to say, he heard Yu Guang Biao roaring gruffly outside the door.

“That little lad whose surname is Duan, you had better keep your mouth shut. I could care less whether you want to sleep or lie down, but if I hear just one more sound coming from you, expect no more mercy from us. You speak one sentence, and I will return it with a slap. Two sentences, two slaps, another three will get you three from me. Surely you know how to count?”

Duan Yu instantly fell silent as he thought, “These barbarians will truly not hesitate to do something they have threatened. When Miss Mu slapped me, my cheeks were certainly in pain, but there was sweetness in my heart. If these guys slapped me, things definitely would be far different.”

He finished three large bowls of rice and rested on the bed again. “I wonder if Miss Mu is alright now,” he thought in worry. “It would be best if she manages to shoot Divine Croc to death with her poisonous arrows, and then comes to rescue me. Ay, how could I actually hope for her to kill people?”

Another string of thoughts swam around in his head before he finally gave a weary yawn and fell asleep.

This time, he slept until the following morning. Scanning the area around him, Duan Yu noticed that the furniture was crude and simple, as though they were placed here long ago. Metal chains lined the inside of the windows; it could not have been any more evident that this was the place in which the No Measure Sword held captives.

All the thoughts of his current dilemma—namely, locked in a room while pressed for time—vanished as he stared at the cavernous space before him. The first notion that came to his mind was to practice the Divine Skill of the Northern Darkness as Dear Goddess had instructed him.

He reached into his robes, removed the scroll, and placed it on the table. Remembering the nude pictures in the paintings, his heart began palpitating furiously. He straightened his robes and set himself in a meditating position—endeavoring with great difficulty to stop his face from reddening any further—as he thought silently, “Dear Goddess, I am here to follow your instructions and to practice the divine art you have told me to. I’m not trying to steal a look at your ethereal figure. Forgive me for being disrespectful...”

He slowly unrolled the scroll and began reading the words that appeared behind the first painting. To him, reading these words was as simple as eating rice at home; he skimmed through the words, and he instantly understood the meaning. After the second reading, he had them all memorized, and, by the third time, he had it all inside him. He dared not glance longer than necessary at the exposed paintings; rather he quickly studied the various meridians and acupoints on the picture before commencing his training.

The words on the scroll read: “Our sect’s internal energy is a total contrast to those of other sects as our internal energy flows in the opposite direction. As such, those who have practiced internal energy before must forget those learnt in the past, and start training on the martial arts here diligently. If one has any stray thoughts left in one’s mind, this may lead to two opposite forces clashing with each other, which would immediately result in fire deviation. The victim will go mad and vomit blood before finally becoming fully paralyzed; there is nothing more dangerous than this.”

The words repeatedly reiterated this point, emphasizing the severity of the situation. However, Duan Yu never began any internal energy training before; therefore, he could conveniently move on without having to bother with this dangerous stage at all.

Within one hour, Duan Yu had managed to follow the written instructions and memorized all the channels, meridians, and acupoints of the Lung Meridians* correctly. However, his body did not possess even the slightest trace of internal energy; as a result, he naturally would not be able to channel his non-existent internal energy to move through his meridians.

*A meridian path that starts from one’s stomach, up to his neck, which then takes a turn and ends at the person’s right thumb*
    Last edited by lilchilipepper; 09-20-06 at 05:58 AM.
    如果要让我活 让我有希望的活
    我从不怕爱错 就怕没爱过
    ~“孙悟空” - 五月天

难道说难道说 这性格是我的错
    你不会欣赏我是你的自由
    怎么说怎么说都认为你不值得
    你走了才发现这个世界没改变
    ~“平底鞋女生” - 迷子

Default Thnx

Yet another update! keep up the good work.
    Rose blooms best near death
    You are in full bloom, Pal!

Lilchilipepper, the words are "Lung Meridians".

And thank you for doing such a wonderful job.

Funny, I didn't write that chinese word, nor did it appear at the draft I send you, at least my computer showed no signs of it.
    Last edited by Pacifian; 09-20-06 at 06:15 AM.

Kay doky. Fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifian
    Funny, I didn't write that chinese word, nor did it appear at the draft I send you, at least my computer showed no signs of it.
    Huh...that's weird. Maybe it's my computer then. That wasn't the only word that had Chinese in it, but I managed to figure out the other ones.
    如果要让我活 让我有希望的活
    我从不怕爱错 就怕没爱过
    ~“孙悟空” - 五月天

难道说难道说 这性格是我的错
    你不会欣赏我是你的自由
    怎么说怎么说都认为你不值得
    你走了才发现这个世界没改变
    ~“平底鞋女生” - 迷子

SPW and now this? wow!

Finally the best JY novels are being translated! Keep up the great work!

Transferred to Chapter 5: Subtle Steps and Hanging Threads

Thanks Wuxiapedia for all their information. It made my translating job much easier.
    Last edited by Pacifian; 01-26-07 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifian
    Following that, Duan Yu commenced his cultivation on his “Ren Meridians”. This particular meridian route begins at the ‘Yin Gathering’ pressure point located between the anus and the posterior commissure of vulva.
    Errm, Wrong sex for the description of the meridian.

Han solo

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Errm, Wrong sex for the description of the meridian.

Han solo
    Drats!

*Digs a hole in the ground and hides in it* A mistake of a non-biology student, apologies

Okay, I have just learnt to process whatever information before I simply copy and pasted them from the net.