Page 36 of 77 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

Thanks for the update Xaari. Happy belated Bday!

HAAPY BEERDAY!!!

random thought: A'Zi could be A'Zhu in disguise.. O_O

Quote Originally Posted by paine View Post
    HAAPY BEERDAY!!!

random thought: A'Zi could be A'Zhu in disguise.. O_O
    HAPPY BEERDAY to you too mate hic,, (i second the notion)
    Thank's xaari, enjoy your time but don't forget you avid fans,

Thanks for the translation!

I won't bother wishing you a belated happy birthday, because it probably doesn't mean anything having a stranger say it over the internet and you're probably going for quality over quantity anyways

Thanks SkyWalker, paine, tu22m3f1, and MrCommunist! (But I've never heard of happy beerday before, and wishes from strangers are just as much appreciated.)

Chapter 25 Continued

Xiao Feng ignored her and hastened on his journey. Before long he climbed a long mountain ridge. The mountain road was narrow and could only fit one person. He thought, “If an enemy were to lay an ambush, this would definitely be the place.” Sure enough, after he had made only one turn in the mountain ridge, he saw four people blocking the path in front of him. All four people wore garments of yellow hemp cloth, their apparel and adornment exactly the same as the lion-nosed man he had met in the wine shop. The four people couldn’t stand side by side, so they were lined up one in front of the other. Each person held a long steel rod.

A’Zi stopped playing her flute, halted her steps, and shouted, “Hello Third Elder Martial Brother, Fourth Elder Martial Brother, Seventh Elder Martial Brother, and Eighth Elder Martial Brother. What a coincidence that everyone is gathered here!”

Xiao Feng also halted his steps and leaned against the mountain wall. He thought, “How are they going to mystify and deceive?”

The foremost of the four people was a fat middle-aged man. He first sized Xiao Feng up and down for a long time before saying, “Hello, Little Martial Sister. How could you injure Second Elder Martial Brother?”

Alarmed, A’Zi asked, “Second Elder Martial Brother is injured? Who injured him? Is his injury serious?”

The person in the very back said loudly, “What are you being insincerely courteous for? He said it was you who ordered someone to injure him.” He was a dwarf, and furthermore in the very back, so his entire body was obstructed by the three people in front of him. Xiao Feng couldn’t see his appearance, but heard him speaking extremely fast, so he obviously had an impulsive temper. The steel rod this person held was actually the longest and largest, so it could be assumed that his bodily strength wasn’t weak. It was predestined that he was short, but he was outstanding in other areas.

A’Zi said, “Eighth Elder Martial Brother, what did you say? Second Elder Martial Brother said that it was you who ordered someone to injure him? Aiyo, how could you use such an evil scheme? If master finds out, how could he let you off? Don’t tell me you’re not afraid?”

The dwarf flew into a rage and struck the mountain rocks with his steel rod, making “dang dang” sounds. He said loudly, “It was you who injured him, not me.”

A’Zi said, “What ‘It was you who injured him, not me’? It seems like you’ve confessed. Third Elder Martial Brother, Fourth Elder Martial Brother, and Seventh Elder Martial Brother, you’ve heard this with your own ears. Eighth Elder Martial Brother said it was he who killed Second Elder Martial Brother. Right, he must have used the ‘Three Hidden Centipede Claws’ to kill Second Elder Martial Brother.”

The dwarf shouted, “Who said Second Elder Martial Brother is dead? He’s not dead, and his injury wasn’t from the ‘Three Hidden Centipede Claws’...”

A’Zi interrupted, “It wasn’t the ‘Three Hidden Centipede Claws’? Then it must have been the ‘Marrow-Sucking Palm,’ your expert skill. Second Elder Martial Brother accidentally fell for your scheme. You’re...you’re too ferocious.”

The dwarf stamped with fury and said angrily, “Third Elder Martial Brother, hurry and make a move. Take this little sl*t back and ask master to deal with her. She...she...she’s speaking nonsense, I don’t know what she’s saying, what things...” He had trouble speaking in the first place, and now that he was anxious, he spoke extremely fast and was even more unintelligible.

The fat man said, “It’s not necessary to make a move. Little Martial Sister has always been well-behaved and obedient. Little Martial Sister, come with us.” This fat man spoke slowly and deliberately, and seemed extremely amiable.

A’Zi smiled and said, “Okay, I’ll do whatever Third Elder Martial Brother tells me to do. I’ve always obeyed you.”

The fat man laughed and said, “Then there’s nothing better. Let’s go.”

A’Zi said, “Okay, please do as you wish.”

The dwarf in the back shouted, “Hey, hey, what please do as you wish? We want you to come with us.”

A’Zi smiled and said, “You can go first and I’ll come soon after.”

The dwarf said, “Won’t do, won’t do! You have to come with us.”

A’Zi said, “That’s fine, but unfortunately my brother-in-law won’t agree.” Saying this, she pointed at Xiao Feng.

Xiao Feng thought, “Here it comes, here it comes. This act is nearly over.” He leaned lazily against the mountain wall, hands folded over his chest, as if he didn’t care about anything happening in front of him.

The dwarf said, “Who’s your brother-in-law? How come I can’t see him?”

A’Zi smiled and said, “You’re too tall, so he can’t see you either.”

With a “dang” sound, the dwarf plopped his steel rod on the ground and flew over. Both his body and his rod rose above the heads of his three elder martial brothers. He landed in front of A’Zi and said, “Hurry and go back with us!” Saying this, he grabbed at A’Zi’s shoulder. Although this person’s stature was short, he had a thick waist and broad arms. He looked rather imposing from the side and his movements were extremely nimble. A’Zi didn’t dodge and allowed him to grab her. The dwarf’s large hand was just about to touch her shoulder when he suddenly hesitated and stopped. He asked, “Have you already used it?”

A’Zi asked, “Used what?”

The dwarf said, “The Divine Wood King Cauldron, of course...”

As soon as he said ‘Divine Wood King Cauldron,’ the other three people shouted loudly in unison, “Eighth Younger Martial Brother, what are you saying?” Their voices were extremely strict and severe. The dwarf took a step back, fear showing on his face.

Xiao Feng pondered, “What’s the Divine Wood King Cauldron? These four people’s expressions are extremely solemn. They’re definitely not acting. They lay an ambush here, but why didn’t they make a move, but instead they argue among themselves? Could it be that they’re worried they can’t defeat me, so they’re waiting for reinforcements?”

The dwarf said, “It’s the Divine...Divine...that thing.”

A’Zi pointed and said, “I gave it to my brother-in-law.” As soon as she said this, the four people’s gazes simultaneously fell on Xiao Feng, and all of their faces showed anger.

Xiao Feng said, “These people are seriously troublesome. I’m disinclined to pay attention to them any longer.” He stood up straight slowly, suddenly spread his arms and legs, and leaped up over the four people’s heads, vertically flying past them. This was both marvelous and rapid, and the four people neither saw him running before leaping nor bending his knees. Their vision had blurred and the wind rustled above their heads when Xiao Feng was already behind the four people. The four people shouted loudly and gave chase soon after, but in an instant Xiao Feng was already tens of feet away.

Suddenly with a fierce “hu” sound, a heavy weapon was thrown at his back. Xiao Feng didn’t need to turn his head to know that someone had thrown a steel rod at him. He stretched his left hand behind his back and caught the steel rod. The four people shouted loudly and angrily, and another two steel rods landed in his hand. The weight was already a hundred and sixty or seventy catties, but Xiao Feng didn’t slow down in the slightest. With a “hu” sound, another steel rod was thrown at him. The sound of this steel rod flying was the loudest, so obviously it was the heaviest and probably thrown by the dwarf. Xiao Feng thought, “These barbarians can’t tell good from bad. I must show them what’s formidable.”

As he heard the steel rod flying toward the back of his head at a distance of no more than two feet away, he stretched his left hand behind his back and lightly caught it again.

It was already extremely difficult for the enemy to dodge and avoid the four people’s steel rods. It was expected that out of the four rods, one or two would definitely hit him. Otherwise, how could they rashly dispose of their weapons? But how could they have known that Xiao Feng would catch one after another like they were nothing? Everyone was both alarmed and angry, and hurriedly rushed over while shouting loudly. Xiao Feng let them chase him for a while and then suddenly halted his steps. The four people were running spontaneously and had trouble slowing down. They nearly collided into his body and stopped hastily, panting for breath.

To be continued...

Thanks for the translation!

I wonder what the Divine Wood King Cauldron could be and A'Zi sure is tricksy—I thought she was definitely going to get taken away when the shorty grabbed her shoulder.

Oh yay! XF will kick @rse!

Thanks Xaari, how was the BEERDAY BASH?

Thanks Xaari.

A'Zhi is such a trouble maker! She's refreshing to read but kinda annoying at times. Poor XF, for he has to put up with her annoying and evil antics. For the thousandth times, why couldn't it be A'Zhi who died instead of A'Zhu?

Hi Xaari,

Kinda anxiously waiting for your next post. Hope you haven't gotten tired of this story.

Your work is greatly appreciated!

Thanks MrCommunist, paine, SkyWalker, and oldhat9!

It's been a week since I finally finished my busy summer job and started the new semester, so I was a bit overwhelmed for a while. Also, it's just so much easier to read than to translate, so I get carried away reading and rereading and forget to translate sometimes.

Chapter 25 Continued

Judging from how they hurled their steel rods and ran, Xiao Feng had already estimated that the martial arts of the four people were only average. He smiled slightly and asked, “What might be the reason behind all of you chasing me?”

The dwarf said, “You...you...who are you? Your...your martial arts are very formidable.”

Xiao Feng laughed and said, “It’s not really formidable.” As he said this, he transferred his energy to his palm and noiselessly pressed a steel rod into the snowy ground. The earth on the mountain road was extremely firm and hard, yet the steel rod was gradually shortening. Before it was two feet from the ground, Xiao Feng released his hand, lowered his right foot, and pressed the steel rod down to the very bottom flat surface.

Of the four people, some of them had opened their eyes wide, and some of them had opened their mouths wide, unable to close them again.

One after the other, Xiao Feng pressed two more steel rods into the snowy ground. When he was about to insert the fourth steel rod, the dwarf leaped forward and shouted, “Don’t touch my weapon!”

Xiao Feng laughed and said, “Fine, I’ll return it to you!” He raised the steel rod in his right hand, aimed at the mountain wall, and thrust with force. With a “dang” sound, it was inserted straight into the mountain wall. The steel rod was about eight feet long, and five feet had been inserted into the rock. The steel rod had been inserted into extremely firm and hard black rock.

After transferring his energy and actually throwing so deeply into the rock, Xiao Feng felt happy and thought, “These past few months I’ve experienced so many worries and hardships. My martial arts didn’t decline, but actually improved. Half a year ago, I’m afraid I wouldn’t have been able to insert it so deeply.”

The four people shouted loudly in alarm simultaneously, their faces showing admiration.

A’Zi hurried over and shouted, “Brother-in-law, your martial arts of the hands are so great. Hurry and teach me.”

The dwarf said angrily, “You’re a disciple of the Xingxiu Sect. How could you ask an outsider to teach you skills?”

A’Zi said, “He’s my brother-in-law, so how could he be an outsider?”

The dwarf was anxious to get his weapon back and leaped, stretching his hand to grab his steel rod. How would he have known that Xiao Feng had already estimated the limit of his qinggong skills long ago? The steel rod was inserted horizontally into the mountain wall, about fourteen or fifteen feet above the ground. The dwarf’s fingers fell short by a few feet, and he was unable to touch the steel rod.

A’Zi clapped, laughed, and said, “All right, Eighth Elder Martial Brother, as long as you can pull out your weapon, I’ll go with you to meet master. Otherwise, you don’t even need to think about it.”

With that leap, the dwarf had used all of his energy, so it was the limit of his qinggong. Even leaping another inch higher would be extremely challenging. When he heard A’Zi saying such provoking words, he became enraged and leaped with force. Unexpectedly, the tips of his fingers actually touched the steel rod.

A’Zi laughed and said, “Touching it doesn’t count. You have to pull it out.”

In his anger, the dwarf’s martial arts had unexpectedly improved greatly. His legs pushed off the ground with force, and his short and broad body swiftly ascended. His hands actually grabbed ahold of the steel rod. But now his body was suspended in midair, shaking and dangling and unable to get down. He used force to shake the steel rod, but five feet of this eight-foot-long steel rod had sunk into the firm rock. Even if he shook for three days and nights, he wouldn’t necessarily be able to get it out. His appearance was extremely comical and ridiculous.

Xiao Feng laughed and said, “I’ll be leaving now!” Saying this, he turned around and walked away.

The dwarf wasn’t willing to let go no matter what. He was perfectly aware of his level of martial arts. When he had leaped and pulled himself up onto the steel rod just now, he was really just lucky. If he released his hands, landed, and leaped up for a second time, most likely he wouldn’t be able to pull up. This steel rod was his cherished weapon. Its weight suited his hands, and it would be difficult to forge another one. He shook it with force several times again, but the steel rod still didn’t move in the slightest. He shouted, “Hey, you’d better leave behind the Divine Wood King Cauldron. Otherwise, it’ll cause no end of trouble.”

Xiao Feng said, “Divine Wood King Cauldron, what kind of thing is that?”

The third disciple of the Xingxiu Sect took a step forward and said, “Your martial arts have reached perfection, and we’re all full of admiration. As for that little cauldron, our sect regards it highly, but it’s useless to outsiders who obtain it, so please return it. We will certainly thank you with a gift.”

Upon seeing that they didn’t seem to be faking it and didn’t seem likely to be laying in ambush to attack him, Xiao Feng said, “A’Zi, take out that Divine Wood King Cauldron and let me take a look and see just what kind of thing it is.”

A’Zi said, “Aiyo, I already gave it to you. It’s entirely up to you whether or not to hand it over. Brother-in-law, you should still keep it.”

Hearing this, Xiao Feng had already guessed that she had stolen a treasure of her sect. Clearly, she said that she had already given it to him in order to get him to obstruct calamity for her. Presently he decided to beat her at her own game. Laughing, he said, “You’ve given me too many objects. I can’t figure out which one’s called ‘Divine Wood King Cauldron.’”

The dwarf, hanging in midair, answered at once, “It’s a tiny wooden cauldron about six inches in height and has a dark yellow color.”

Xiao Feng said, “Mm, isn’t it just a thing? I’ve seen it before, but it’s just a tiny thing. What kind of usefulness can it have?”

The dwarf said, “What do you know? How can it be just a tiny thing? This Divine Wood...”

He was going to continue, but the fat man shouted loudly, “Younger Martial Brother, don’t talk nonsense.” He turned toward Xiao Feng and said, “Although it’s a useless thing, our master...our master received it from his father, so he can’t lose it. Please return it. We can’t thank you enough.”

Xiao Feng said, “I put it aside in passing, and don’t know where I put it. I don’t know if it can still be found. If it’s a really important object, then I’ll return to Xinyang to search for it. It’s just that the distance is too far, and backtracking is too troublesome.”

The dwarf rushed to say, “It’s very important. How could it not be important? Let’s quickly...quickly return to Xinyang to get it.” Saying this, he leaped down, not even bothering with his own weapon.

Xiao Feng stretched his hand and lightly struck his own forehead. He said, “Ai, I haven’t drunk enough wine these last few days, so my memory isn’t very good. As for this wooden cauldron, I don’t know if I left it in Xinyang or in Dali. Mm, or else it’s in Jinyang...”

The dwarf shouted loudly, “Hey, hey, what are you saying? Is it Dali or is it Jinyang? You talk about this place and that, but this isn’t for fun.”

The fat man knew that Xiao Feng was deliberately making things difficult. He said, “You don’t need to amuse yourself. Just return the cauldron intact and we’ll certainly thank you heavily with a gift. We definitely won’t go back on our words.”

Xiao Feng suddenly said in alarm, “Aiyo, this isn’t good. I’ve remembered.”

The four people asked in alarm simultaneously, “What is it?”

Xiao Feng said, “That wooden cauldron had been in Madam Ma’s home. Just now I set it on fire, burning the house down to the extent that the roof tiles no longer exist. As for this wooden cauldron, after being burned in the great fire, would it break?”

The dwarf said loudly, “How would it not break? This...this...Third Elder Martial Brother, Fourth Elder Martial Brother, what’s there to be done? I don’t care. If master blames someone, it’s none of my business. Little Martial Sister, go tell master yourself. I don’t care.”

A’Zi laughed and said, “I remember that it didn’t seem to be in Madam Ma’s home. Elder Martial Brothers, Little Sister takes her leave. You can discuss with my brother-in-law.” Saying this, she tilted her body, and in a flash she rushed in front of Xiao Feng.

To be continued...

Hi Xaari

Thank's for the translation ,, been waiting for an update for some time.

Talking Thanks

I've been away from these forums for a few months - but coming back there's such a lot to read. Thank you for continuing a great story!

D

I remember the day I discovered these forums at spcnet.tv. It definitely ranks as one of the best days of my life after I embarged on a 12-hour reading marathon. So thanks for making it possible for other people like myself!

just came back from vacation

missed the forums, especially Xaari's Translations..

really big thanks Xaari..

Thanks Xaari!

Hi Xaari. Looks like you got tired of translating the story. To bad, you were doing such a good job and you had me hooked. Thanks for all your hard work.

It may be inappropriate for me to ask but can anyone else take up the job of translating this story?

So sorry for the lack of updating, but school is kicking my bum to the moon right now. I actually have half the next update completed, but it's too inadequate to post. I'll have it up by this weekend.

But if anyone else would like to work with me (alternate chapters, maybe?), I'm all for it.

Thanks to tu22m3f1, disrupt, MrCommunist, paine, SkyWalker, and oldhat9 for commenting last time. I guess it looks like I'm still going solo.

Chapter 25 Continued

Xiao Feng turned around and spread his arms to block the four people. He said, “If you tell me clearly the uses and origins of the Divine Wood King Cauldron, maybe I can help you search for it. Otherwise, forgive me for not accompanying you.”

The dwarf continuously rubbed his hands and said, “Third Senior Martial Brother, we have no choice and can only tell him, right?”

The fat man said, “Fine, I’ll tell you...”

Xiao Feng’s figure suddenly flashed, and he leaped to the dwarf’s side. He reached and propped his hand below his internal organs and said, “Let’s talk up there. I’ll only listen to you and not to him.” He knew that the fat man appeared to be honest and considerate, but he was actually extremely cunning and wouldn’t say half a sentence of truth. On the contrary, the dwarf had a straightforward heart and a fast mouth, and wouldn’t lie. He grabbed the dwarf’s body and ran up the mountain wall. The mountain wall was extremely precipitous, and originally it wouldn’t have been possible to climb up. But Xiao Feng summoned his qi and climbed straight up, rushing up more than a hundred feet in one breath. He saw a protruding rock and placed the dwarf on the rock. Pressing one foot on the rock and one foot high in the air, he said, “Tell me!”

The dwarf’s body was in midair, and when he looked downward, he couldn’t help but feel dizzy. He said hurriedly, “Hurry...hurry and put me down.”

Xiao Feng smiled and said, “Jump down yourself.”

The dwarf said, “I’m Chuchenzi.”

Xiao Feng smiled slightly and thought, “This name is quite elegant, but what a pity that your stature doesn’t seem to be very well-matched with that of your martial brothers.” He said, “I’ll be leaving now. I’m sure we’ll meet again someday.”

Chuchenzi said loudly, “You can’t, you can’t, aiyo, I’ll...I’ll fall to my death.” He pressed his hands against the mountain wall and secretly circulated his internal energy, wanting to grab onto the rock. But his hands were slippery, so how could he hold on? Although his martial arts weren’t weak, he was at high elevation and surrounded by air on three sides, so he couldn’t help being alarmed.

Xiao Feng said, “Hurry and tell me what’s the usefulness of the Divine Wood King Cauldron! If you don’t tell me, then I’ll descend.”

Chuchenzi said hurriedly, “Do I have no choice but to say it?”

Xiao Feng said, “It’s fine if you don’t say it. Goodbye then.”

Chuchenzi pulled on his sleeve and said, “I’ll say it, I’ll say it. This Divine Wood King Cauldron is one of the three treasures of my sect and is used to practice the “Great Transformation Skill.” Master said that as soon as any pugilists from the Central Plains hear of our “Great Transformation Skill,” they would be so scared that their souls would scatter. If they ever see this Divine Wood King Cauldron, they would smash it to pieces. This...this is a rare treasure and extremely important...”

Xiao Feng had long heard of the “Great Transformation Skill,” and knew that it was nasty and sinister sorcery. Upon hearing that this was the usefulness of the Divine Wood King Cauldron, he didn’t bother asking further. He propped his hand under Chuchenzi’s armpit and ran straight down the mountain.

Swiftly charging down this precipitous mountain wall was even more rapid and dangerous than going up. Chuchenzi was so scared that he shouted loudly. He hadn’t even finished one shout when his legs already touched the ground. He was so scared that his face was the color of dirt and his knees were shaking.

The fat man asked, “Eighth Junior Martial Brother, did you say it?” Chuchenzi’s teeth chattered with “gege” sounds, but he still didn’t speak.

Xiao Feng said to A’Zi, “Hand it over.”

A’Zi asked, “Hand what over?”

Xiao Feng said, “The Divine Wood King Cauldron!”

A’Zi said, “Didn’t you say you left it at Madam Ma’s home? How come you’re asking me for it?”

Xiao Feng assessed her and saw that her waist was slender and her clothes were extremely thin. She didn’t seem to be hiding a large cauldron that was six inches in height. He thought, “This girl is extremely cunning. She follows me like a ghost and is extremely annoying.” He said, “This kind of thing is useless to me. I definitely wouldn’t take it and not return it. It doesn’t matter if you believe me or not. I’ll be leaving now.” Saying this, he took large strides and left the five people far behind.

The four people quaked from his divine might. They hadn’t even decided whether or not to pursue him when Xiao Feng had already gone so far that his whereabouts were unknown.

Xiao Feng ran over seventy li in one stretch. He found a restaurant and drank wine and ate a meal. That night, he lodged at the Zhou Wang Inn, circulated his energy for a while, and fell asleep. At midnight, as he was dreaming, he suddenly heard several sharp whistles and woke up at once. After a short while he heard several whistles from the southwest, followed by several answering whistles from the northeast. The whistles were sharp, sad, and shrill, and precisely came from the jade flutes played by people of the sect from Xingxiuhai. Xiao Feng thought, “These people are nearby. I don’t need to pay attention to them.”

Suddenly, two “jiji” flute sounds could be heard from an extremely close distance within the small inn. Immediately afterward, someone said, “Hurry and get up. Great Senior Martial Brother has arrived, most likely having already captured Little Martial Sister.”

Another person said, “Once captured, do you think she’ll be able to live?”

The previous person said, “Who knows? Hurry and leave, hurry and leave!” The two opened the window and leaped out of the room.

Xiao Feng thought, “Yet another two disciples of the Xingxiu Sect. I didn’t expect that even this small inn concealed these kinds of people. They probably arrived before me and made no noise, so I wasn’t aware of them. Those two people said they didn’t know if A’Zi would live. Although this little girl is wicked, I still can’t let her die violently. Otherwise, how could I face A’Zhu?” Presently he also leaped out the window.

He heard the incessant flute sounds answering one another and gradually moving in a southwest direction. He followed the sounds and soon caught up with the two people who had left the inn. He followed the two people from over a hundred feet away, neither too close nor too far. He climbed over two mountain peaks and saw a pile of flames in the valley ahead. Approximately a foot above the flames, the color was pure jade green, ghostly and eerie, and extremely different from ordinary flames. The two people ran directly toward the flames and prostrated themselves on the ground before it.

Xiao Feng quietly approached and hid himself behind a rock. He saw over ten people gathered beside the flames, all of them wearing hemp garments of the same color. Illuminated under the green flames was A’Zi, her hands bound in iron shackles. The green fire shining on her snow-white face made her look extremely strange. Everyone gazed at the flames in silence, placed their left palms on their chests, and mumbled indecipherably. Xiao Feng knew that every evil, unorthodox sect had their own strange ceremonies, so he didn’t pay any attention. He had heard that Xingxiu disciple saying a moment ago that “Great Senior Martial Brother has arrived, most likely having already captured Little Martial Sister.” He saw that there were old and young among the more than ten people who wore identical apparel. Considering their actions and expressions, none of them in particular seemed to exhibit an arrogant manner.

Suddenly, several gentle “wuwuwu” flute sounds drifted from the northeast. Everyone turned around, and facing the direction of the flute sounds, simultaneously bowed in greeting. A’Zi’s small mouth tilted up slightly, but she didn’t turn around. Xiao Feng looked in the direction of the flute sounds, but only saw the shadow of a person clothed in white drifting over. His feet were extremely fast and nimble, and soon he walked up to the flames and blew at it. The flames were suddenly extinguished, then immediately brightened, and with a “peng” sound, soared tens of feet into midair before slowly descending. Everyone shouted loudly, “Great Senior Martial Brother’s miraculous abilities allow us to expand our horizons.”

When Xiao Feng looked at that “Great Senior Martial Brother,” he felt slightly astonished that this person was everyone’s great senior martial brother. He thought it should have been a fifty- or sixty-year-old elder, but it was actually a twenty-seven or twenty-eight-year-old youth. He was tall and thin, and his green face was suffused with yellow, but his facial features were rather handsome. Upon seeing his qinggong that enabled him to drift over and his fire-blowing skill a moment ago, Xiao Feng knew that his internal energy wasn’t weak. But blowing out this green fire, then igniting it again, wasn’t internal energy. He presumed that a unique fire-kindling powder had been hidden within the flute.

He heard him saying to A’Zi, “Little Martial Sister, you have quite some face. So many people have been mobilized because of you, having hurried thousands of li from Xingxiuhai to the Central Plains.”

A’Zi said, “Since even Great Senior Martial Brother has set out, Junior Martial Sister naturally has quite some face. But considering my patron, I’m afraid your numbers still aren’t enough.”

The Great Senior Martial Brother snorted and said, “Ever since you were little, Junior Martial Sister, you were raised by our master. You have no father or mother, so where did so many relatives come from?”

A’Zi said, “It’s just that the names of my daddy and mommy are a big secret, so I can’t just casually let people know.”

The Great Senior Martial Brother said, “Then who is Junior Martial Sister’s father?”

A’Zi said, “I’d scare you if I said it. If you want me to say it, then hurry and open my shackles.”

The Great Senior Martial Brother said, “Opening your shackles isn’t a problem. Hand over the Divine Wood King Cauldron first.”

A’Zi said, “The Divine Wood King Cauldron is with my brother-in-law. Third Senior Martial Brother, Fourth Senior Martial Brother, Seventh Senior Martial Brother, and Eighth Senior Martial Brother weren’t willing to demand it from my brother-in-law, so what could I have done?”

To be continued...
    Last edited by Xaari; 10-06-11 at 06:05 PM.

Hi, I think I can help with DGSD. I did a short stint of HSDS, half of chapter 13 iirc.

I lost my old account's password and the email for it, so I have just been lurking and reading for the past few years. Seeing the effort of the translators, I am inspired to try and contribute.

Please PM me about the translation to work something out? I would also like to get a source to translate from.

I feel that "Great Transformation Skill" isn't quite right.
    化功大法, in this context the 化 refers to dissolving rather than change/transformation. 功 probably refers to 內功 neigong/internal energy skill. Something along the lines of "Great Art of Energy Dispersion" would be more appropriate.

You're right, it's been a long time since I've gone over DGSD and I was translating too quickly. I'll change it to Great Energy-Dissolving Skill. I did think the name sounded too nice for someone like Ding Chunqiu. I'll send you a PM.
    Last edited by Xaari; 09-25-11 at 08:44 PM.