Page 42 of 77 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

Thank you! Another update ;].

Thanks d4rksinz

Thumbs up

Another cliffhanger!! I want to know what happens!!!

PS Thank you for continuing the translation. I am enjoying it, as you can tell

Murong Fu had a shock when his sword was taken away, his finally snap out of his fantasy. Wang YuYan held onto his hand, she shake him repeatedly and said: “Cousin! You can’t break the chess formation, but why so tense? Why commit suicide?” tears rolled down her cheek as she finish speaking.

Murong Fu said blankly: “What’s going on?” Wang YuYan said: “Luckily gentleman Duan shot down your long sword, else.....else....” GongYe Gan said: “Young master, this chess formation enchants and enslave your mind and soul, there must be some illusionary technique in it, Young master please don’t think about it anymore.” Murong Fu turn his head and said to Duan Yu: “The move just now, is it really the sword move from [Six Meridians Divine Sword]? A pity i never see it, can you display another move and let me broaden my knowledge.”

Duan Yu gave a glance at Jumozhi, his afraid that if he use another move from the [Six Meridians Divine Sword] Jumozhi would come over and capture him, this sword play is unstable, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t work, if the evil monk really attack he would have problems resisting, he was afraid and quickly move 3 steps to the left and stay far away from Jumozhi, in between them is Zhu DanChen and the rest of his guards, only now did he reply Murong Fu: “I.....i was hasty, it just happen by chance, its difficult for me to execute it again. You really didn’t see it just now?”

Murong Fu expression was ashamed, he said: “My mind was muddled and half-conscious, similar to being possessed.”

Bao BuTong shouted loudly: “Yes, it must be the Old Freak of XingXiu using his sorcery, young master you have to be extremely careful!”

Murong Fu gave a quick glance at Ding ChunQiu, he said to Duan Yu: “I fell prey to sorcery, i can’t thank you enough for saving me. Brother Duan, you know the [Six Meridians Divine Sword], are you from the Dali’s Duan family?”

Suddenly a voice floated from a distant place: “Who’s from Dali’s Duan family? Is it Duan ZhengChun?” the voice is from ‘Overflowing with Evil’ Duan YanQing.

Zhu DanChen and the rest countenance change. They heard another voice, its like metal rubbing against each other, the voice shouted: “Our boss is the genuine Duan from Dali, the rest are all fake.” Duan Yu gave a faint smile, he pondered: “Ah, my disciple is here.”

When the shouting of the ‘Crocodile Deity of Southern Sea’ ended, a person came up from the bottom of the mountain path with quick steps, his body movement is extremely fast, the person is Yun ZhongHe, he shouted: “The Four Great Evils pay a visit to Mr Intelligent, we sincerely come to attend your chess meet.” Su XingHe said: “Welcome” as he finish speaking, Yun ZhongHe already floated in front of them.

After a while, Duan YanQing, Ye ErNiang, Crocodile Deity of Southern Sea, all three of them arrive together. Crocodile Deity of Southern Sea shouted loudly: “When our boss received the invitation card his extremely delighted, he postponed all his current affairs and quickly came down here to the chess meet, his martial art is unequalled under the heaven, his even better than me Yue LaoEr. If anyone of you is not convince, come over here and play 3 moves of chess with him. You people want to fight one or one, or everyone simply come at us together? How, why aren’t you taking out your weapons?” Ye ErNiang said: “LaoSan, don’t talk rubbish! We are playing chess, not using martial arts to fight, why the need for weapons?” Crocodile Deity of Southern Sea said: “You are talking rubbish, if we don’t use our martial arts to fight, then our boss rush hurriedly over here for what?”

Duan YanQing gaze steadily at the chess formation, his in deep thought, after a long long time, his left crutch extended into the small chess box and touch lightly, the end of the crutch seems to have some kind of suction force as it attracted the white chess-piece, he place the white piece on the chessboard.

XuanNan praised: “The martial arts of the Duan family from Dali is really unrivalled under the southern sky, your reputation is well deserved and not empty.”

Duan Yu knew Duan YanQing from the day he played chess against the Yellow-Brow Monk, Duan YanQing’s internal energy is deep and profound and his chess skill is equally high, there’s a possibility that he might actually break this ‘Zhen Long’. Zhu DanChen whispered to Duan Yu: “Young master, let us go! Don’t waste this opportunity.” But firstly, Duan Yu is interested to find out if Duan YanQing can break the chess formation, secondly, he finally get to see Wang YuYan, even if the sky collapses he will never leave her, he absentmindedly agreed to Zhu DanChen’s suggestion but he kept on walking nearer to the chessboard.

Su XingHe already know by heart all the countless changes and permutation to this chess formation, he immediately responded with a black chess-piece. Duan YanQing thought for a while and made another move. Su XingHe said: “Sir, your extremely brilliant, let us see if you can overcome this problem and find a way out.” He made a move with the black piece, it sealed off his path. Duan YanQing made another move.

Shaolin monk Xu Zhu suddenly said: “I am afraid this move won’t work!” previously he saw Murong Fu make the exact same move, afterwards he continued playing and eventually draw his sword and commit suicide. He feared Duan YanQing would follow the same path to his ruin, he cannot bear it and spoke out to advise him.

Crocodile Deity of Southern Sea was furious, he shouted: “Hey you little monk, you are not fit to comment on my boss chess move!” he gripped Xu Zhu’s back and drag him over. Duan Yu said: “Good disciple, don’t harm this little master!” When Crocodile Deity of Southern Sea arrived, he already saw Duan Yu, he felt really awkward and embarrass, its best if Duan Yu keeps his mouth shut but eventually he still blurted it out, he said angrily: “So be it, i won’t harm him, why so anxious!” he dropped Xu Zhu on the floor.

Everyone saw how this barbaric and ruthless Crocodile Deity of Southern Sea actually take orders from Duan Yu, he didn’t even refute when being address as ‘good disciple’, everyone felt really strange. Only Zhu DanChen and the rest knew the underlying reason, they laugh inwardly.

Xu Zhu sat down on the floor, his having second thoughts: “My master often tell me, the cultivation method pass down by our founder is discipline, calmness and wisdom. The < Shurangama Sutra> says: ‘Assimilate discipline in your heart, discipline leads to calmness, calmness leads to wisdom.’ We are blunt people, its difficult for us to assimilate discipline in our heart, thus founder Damo pass down an easier method, he let us learn martial arts to discipline out heart, but you can also use chess to discipline your heart. Martial arts pay particular attention to victory and defeat, chess also focuses on victory and defeat, but both of them are contrary to teachings on Buddhism, thus whether you practice martial arts or play chess you must ensure that you do not focus on victory and defeat. Reciting scripture, eating, travelling, its easy to forget about victory and defeat, but competing martial arts and playing chess its extremely difficult to forget about victory and defeat. If you forget about victory and defeat while competing martial arts or playing chess, then the match is already over. The < Dharmapada Sutra> says: ‘The winner feels hatred, the loser feels ashamed. You will be agitated while pursuing victory, you will be calm if you don’t not compete.’ My martial art is poor, my chess skill lousy, when i compete martial arts with my martial brothers or play chess, i will suffer more defeat than victory, but my master praise me as i was not angry and i did not complain, i don’t really care about victory or defeat. But how come when i saw this Benefactor Duan make a wrong chess move, i worry that he will suffer a defeat, i even spoke out and give advice? Moreover with my level of chess skill, how can i even advise him? Although his chess moves may be similar to gentleman Murong now, but afterwards it may be different, i don’t understand all these, instead i just blurted out and insist it won’t work, aren’t i overestimating myself?”

Duan YanQing made another move, he thought for a while, he made moves after moves, his taking a long time to think, he made a total of 20 moves and the sun is inclining to the west, suddenly XuanNan said: “Benefactor Duan, your first 10 moves are correct and orthodox, but on the 11th move you start to deviate from the correct path, you stray from your original path from that point onwards and now its difficult to save.” The muscles on Duan YanQing’s face is stiff and rigid, his expression wooden and blank, a voice resonated from his throat: “Your Shaolin is a famous orthodox school, base on your orthodox method, how can you break this formation?” XuanNan sigh and said: “This chess formation seems to be orthodox yet unorthodox, it seems to be demonic yet not demonic, you cannot break it using pure orthodox method, but if you use pure unorthodox method it still won’t work!”

Duan YanQing’s left crutch hovered in mid-air, he trembled slightly, he dare not put down the chess piece, after a long time he said: “There is no path forward, the soldiers are pursuing at the rear, orthodox method won’t work, unorthodox method won’t work, this is really difficult!” the martial arts pass down by his family is the orthodox skill of Dali’s Duan family, but he eventually deviated and became evil and unorthodox, the words by XuanNan stir up his emotions and mind, unexpectedly he became like Murong Fu, gradually he start to hallucinate.

This ‘Zhen Long’ has many changes and fluctuates irregularly, its effect is dependent on the person, a greedy person will fear losing his stuff, an angry person will fear his anger interfering with his work. Duan Yu was defeated because he had too much compassion, he refuse to abandon his troops, Murong Fu was defeated because he stubbornly held onto power and influence, his able to abandon his troops but he simply refuses to give up power and influence. The greatest regret and hate in Duan YanQing’s life is his deformity, his forced to give up his orthodox martial arts, he had to change and practice unorthodox and demonic skills, he concentrated his attention completely and this made it easy for external demons to invade, thus his mind entered demonic path and he cannot control himself anymore.

Ding ChunQiu smiled and said: “Yes! Its easy for a person to enter demonic path, but its extremely difficult to turn over a new leaf, you entire life is doom to failure, failure, failure! Alas, what a pity, one wrong step cause a thousand hatred, if you want to turn back, i am afraid you can’t do it anymore!” his speech is filled with pity and tenderness. XuanNan and the other experts knew Ding ChunQiu harboured malicious intentions, his trying to make Duan YanQing fire-deviate so that he can eliminate a powerful opponent.

Sure enough, Duan YanQing was expressionless and motionless, he said in a distressed voice: “I am the crown price of Dali Kingdom, but today i wander around and degenerated into such a state, i am really ashamed and cannot face my ancestors.”

Ding ChunQiu said: “Even in the underworld, you still don’t have the face to see your Duan family’s ancestors, since you are ashamed why don’t you commit suicide, its the proper conduct of hero, alas, alas! It would be better to commit suicide, it would be better to commit suicide!” his voice is gentle and pleasant, those with low internal energy already became drowsy and dazed when they hear his voice.

Duan YanQing mumbled to himself: “Alas, it would be better to commit suicide!” he raised his steel crutch and slowly drive it towards his chest. But he has extremely deep cultivations, he faintly felt something was amiss, there seems to be an inner voice within him that said: “Wrong, wrong, you will be in deep trouble if you continue to drive downwards!” however the steel crutch still slowly move inch by inch towards his chest. When he was exiled from Dali Kingdom and suffered serious injuries, he thought of committing suicide, but he met a peculiar event and manage to pull himself together, but now his self-control faltered and his buried desire to commit suicide surface again.

There are many martial art experts around, XuanNan is merciful, he wanted to speak out and advise him, but to shock Duan YanQing out of his trance would require internal energy equivalent to his, to be effective the voice have to be so loud that even the deaf can hear it, else not only would it be not beneficial he could end up harming Duan YanQing, XuanNan was secretly anxious, his hands are tied and he cannot do anything to help. Su XingHe is bound by the rules set by his Master, he cannot assist him. Murong Fu knew Duan YanQing is an evil person, its a good thing for him to fire-deviate and die and he would eliminate a great evil from the world. Jiumozhi rejoice in other people’s misfortune, he smile and look on without lifting a finger. Duan Yu and You TanZhi both have deep and profound internal energy, but they don’t know what Duan YanQing is trying to do when he lifted his crutch. As for Wang YuYan, although she is knowledgeable about martial arts of various sects and schools, but the evil technique employed by Ding ChunQiu to put Duan YanQing in a trance is not martial art, thus she doesn’t understand it at all. Ye ErNiang is frequently oppressed by Duan YanQing, his extremely rude and bossy, she amassed the hatred for a long time and now she did not bother to save him. As for Deng BaiChuan, Kang GuangLing and the rest, they lost all their internal energy, furthermore they do not want to interfere in the tussle between Old Freak of XingXiu and the ‘Number One Evil’.

Thus, only the Crocodile Deity of Southern Sea is anxious, he saw the crutch is only a few inch away from his chest, in a few moments he would seal off his own death acupoint, immediately he grabbed and lifted Xu Zhu and shouted: “Boss, catch this monk!” as he finish he threw Xu Zhu at Duan YanQing.

Ding ChunQiu push out with his palm and said: “Go away! Don’t disturb this chess match!” the throwing force by Crocodile Deity of Southern Sea is extremely vigorous, Xu Zhu is shrouded by strong wind and he fly forward swiftly, but the palm by Ding ChunQiu is soft and flexible, Xu Zhu got redirected back and he bump straight at the Crocodile Deity of Southern Sea.

Crocodile Deity of Southern Sea caught Xu Zhu with both hands, he thought of throwing Xu Zhu at Duan YanQing again, unexpectedly Ding ChunQiu’s palm contains 3 wave of hidden force, Crocodile Deity of Southern Sea suddenly open his eyes fully, his forced to retreat 3 steps, as he stabilizes himself the 2nd wave of force arrive. Both his knees soften and he sat down on the floor, he thought it was over, who would have imagine the 3rd wave of force crashing in. He cannot help but somersaulted, but both his hands still held onto Xu Zhu, he press down on Xu Zhu and roll over. He thought the palm by Old Freak Ding contains another 4th wave of force, thus he quickly push Xu Zhu forward to block the force.

But there is no 4th wave of force, Crocodile Deity of Southern Sea open his eyes and cursed: “Damn your grandmother is powerful!” he put Xu Zhu on the floor.

When Ding ChunQiu push out with his palm, he got distracted and he attention slacken a little, Duan YanQing’s steel crutch stop in mid-air and did not move anymore. Ding ChunQiu said: “Its too late, its too late, Duan YanQing, i help you to commit suicide, just commit sucide!” Duan YanQing sigh and said: “Yes, what’s the point in living? Its better to just commit suicide!” as he finish speaking his crutch move closer by another 2 inch.

Xu Zhu’s compassion flare up, in order to free Duan YanQing from Mara (demon of temptation in Buddhism), he knew he have to disrupt the chess formation, but his chess skill is really low, its impossible for him to break this complex and complicated chess formation, he saw Duan YanQing stare stupidly at the chessboard, his really in a crisis, suddenly he had a bright idea: “I can’t break this chess formation, but it easy for me to intentionally mess it up, as long as his concentration gets diverted he can be saved. If there is no chess formation, where is the need for victory and defeat?” he quickly said: “I will break this chess formation.” He quickly move forward and took a white chess-piece from the small wooden box, he close his eyes and randomly put the chess-piece on the board.

His eyes have yet to open but he heard Su XingHe reprimand furiously: “Rubbish, rubbish, in your fit of anger you killed an entire group of white chess-piece, who plays chess like this?” Xu Zhu open his eyes, he look at the chessboard and blush.

It seems when he closed his eyes and made a random move, he put the chess-piece beside another white chess-piece which is already encircled by black chess-piece, there is no room at all for escape. Originally the white side and black side are mutually surrounding each other, both sides in a stalemate, if the black chess-piece move forward the white side can kill off all the black chess-piece with a single move, if the white chess-piece move forward the black side can kill off all the white chess-piece with a single move. This is situation is called ‘live together’ or ‘two lives’, ‘i dare not move, my opponent dare not move’, both side cannot move at all. Xu Zhu put his chess-piece within this big stalemate, he made the first move and offered a huge group of white-chess piece to his opponent, if his opponent don’t take it, he will lose his black-chess piece, thus the black side definitely have to take it. In the art of playing chess, no one ever done this act of committing suicide. Now that the white chess-piece is dead, the white side is about to suffer complete defeat and be completely wiped out.

Juimozhi, Murong Fu, Duan Yu and the rest, when they saw this they cannot help but burst out into loud laughter. XuanNan shakes his head and smiled. Although Fan BaiLing is feeble and weary from the blood loss, he cannot help but said: “Are you joking?”

Su XingHe said: “My Master’s order, anyone can enter and play this chess. Although this chess move by little master is wild fantasy, its still a legitimate move.” He remove the white chess-piece which Xu Zhu sacrificed, then he made a move with the black chess-piece.

Duan YanQing gave a loud cry and snap out of his trance, he stare at Ding ChunQiu and thought: “Old Freak of XingXiu, you take advantage of my precarious position and employed your evil scheme, i won’t take things lying down.”

Ding ChunQiu glared at Xu Zhu, his eyes filled with venomous rage, he cursed: “Little bald thief!”

Duan YanQing look at the changes in the chess formation, he knew he escaped mortal danger all due to Xu Zhu assistance, he felt really grateful, he knew Ding ChunQiu resented Xu Zhu and is about to attack him, he pondered: “Shaolin senior monk XuanNan is here, i don’t think the Old Freak of XingXiu has the guts to trouble his disciple, but if this old rotten XuanNan is muddle-headed and fail to protect him properly i cannot simply let this little monk die because of me.”

Su XingHe said to Xu Zhu: “Little master, you killed your own chess piece, how will you respond if the black chess-piece move in 1 more step?”

Xu Zhu laugh and said: “Junior monk’s chess skill is lowly, i randomly made a move just to save someone. I really cannot play this chess match, i hope senior will excuse me.”

Su XingHe expression turns grave, he said solemnly: “My Master created this chess formation and respectful invited all the experts under the heaven to try and break it. It doesn’t matter if it can’t be broken, even if you suffer calamity its also your own doings. But if someone comes and intentionally mess up this chess match and taint the lifetime effort of my Master, although there are many people here, hei hei, even though old man is deaf and mute i will pledge my life and fight till death.” His know as ‘Deaf Mute Old Man’ but he is neither deaf nor mute, currently his able to hear and even speak, but unexpectedly he still call himself deaf and mute, but when his speaking his beard flare up, his expression fierce and ferocious, nobody dare to make fun of him.

Xu Zhu press his hands together and made a deep bow, he said: “Old senior.....”

Su XingHe shouted loudly: “Just play chess, why talk so much? My Master’s chess formation is for your random amusement?” as he finish speaking he wave his right hand and send out a palm, there’s a loud crashing sound, dust flew everywhere, a large crater appeared in front of Xu Zhu. The power in this palm is incomparably violent and fierce, if the palm landed a few chi closer, the tendons and bones in Xu Zhu would shatter and break, he would die a violent death.

Xu Zhu was so frighten that he heart thumped randomly, he shifted his eyes towards XuanNan, he hope his martial grandfather will take the initiative and save him from this predicament.

XuanNan’s chess skill is not good, his internal energy all gone, what idea can he come up with? XuanNan stiffen his resolve and was about ask for leniency from Su XingHe, suddenly Xu Zhu took out a white chess-piece from the wooden box and place it on the chessboard. The tile he place it on is a new empty spot which appeared when the group of white chess-piece was sacrificed.

Unexpectedly, this move is logical and sensible. For the past 30 years, Su XingHe has seen the thousand variation and changes in the chess formation, he memorize all the counter-moves thoroughly, no matter what kind of moves his opponent make, they cannot escape his foolproof counter. But Xu Zhu started the match by making a random move and killed a big group of white chess-piece, it greatly violates the basic fundamental of chess, anyone who has the slightest bit of knowledge about chess would never make this move. The move is the same a drawing your own sword and committing suicide. But unexpectedly, when Xu Zhu killed a big group of white chess-piece the situation actually became optimistic, although the black chess-piece occupied a dominant position but the white chess-piece now have some leeway to manoeuvre, unlike previously where the chess pieces tangled with each other and have to guard against losses. Su XingHe never expect such a new situation in the chess formation, he was startled and pondered deeply for a long time, he finally responded with a move.

TBC.....

Thanks d4rksinz

Thank you d4rksinz.
    It's interesting to see that "The Deer and The Cauldron" and "Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils" now being translated in this forum with a quick progress. Both are considered Jin Yong 2 best stories. Jin Yong himself said among his 15 stories, these 2 stories are the most profound. (The next one is Smiling Proud Wanderer).

Previously, Xu Zhu was scared stiff by Su XingHe’s palm, his martial grandfather did not speak out to help him and he was at a loss, suddenly a thin and soft voice entered his ear: “Put the chess piece on the 3rd row 9th column!” Xu Zhu did not bother to search for the person who gave this advice, he didn’t care if the advice was correct or wrong, he simply took a white chess-piece, followed the directions given and placed it on the 3rd row 9th column. When Su XingHe responded with a move, the same voice entered Xu Zhu’s ear again: “2nd row 8th column.” Xu Zhu place a white chess-piece on the 2nd row 8th column.

When he made this move, he heard Jumozhi, Murong Fu, Duan Yu, all of them cry out in surprise. Xu Zhu raise his head, he saw looks of admiration and surprise on the faces of the crowd, it seems this move is really exquisite, as for Su XingHe his expression was joyous and full of admiration yet his also fretful and anxious, his long eyebrow kept moving up and down.

Xu Zhu felt suspicious: “Why is he suddenly so happy? Don’t tell me i make a wrong move?” but he immediately had second thoughts: “Who cares whether its right or wrong, as long as i can respond with 10 moves and above it shows that i played the chess match properly and did not recklessly mess up the chess formation and dishonour his Master, after that he won’t take offense anymore.” After Su XingHe responded with another move, he followed the instruction of the person who is secretly helping him and made another move. As he play chess, he kept a careful look out to see if his martial grandfather is secretly instructing him, but XuanNan expression was anxious, it really doesn’t seem like him, moreover XuanNan never open his mouth to speak.

The voice in his ear is obviously base on [Transmitting Voice in Secret] technique which requires high level of internal energy, the speaker will use his internal energy to send his speech into the ears of another person, even if there are bystanders nearby they cannot hear the speech at all, but no matter how soft the voice is the speaker still have to open his mouth. Xu Zhu furtively look at the lips of everyone, unexpectedly none of them are moving but he still heard the voice transmit clearly: “5th row 6th column and take the three black chess-piece!”. Xu Zhu followed the instructions, he pondered: “This person can only be my martial grandfather, no one else. The rest of the crowd is not related to me, why would they help me? From among the experts, only martial grandfather did not take part, the rest of them took part and got defeated. Martial grandfather has divine skill, he did not move his lips and yet transmit his voice, i wonder when i can reach his level.”

Who would have imagined that the person guiding him is the number one evil under the heaven ‘Overflowing with Evil’ Duan YanQing. Previously, Duan YanQing was too engrossed in playing chess and Ding ChunQiu took advantage of him, he fire-deviated and commit suicide, luckily Xu Zhu disrupted the chess match and save his life. He saw Su XingHe was very stern when reprimanding Xu Zhu, its very likely he has murderous intentions, thus he immediately transmit his voice and guide Xu Zhu to help him get out of trouble. Duan YanQing is skilled in ventriloquism, he don’t need to move his lips when speaking, he use his internal energy to transmit his voice to Xu Zhu’s ear, although there are many experts around they did not suspect this underlying trick.

However, after numerous moves, the situation changed greatly, Duan YanQing finally became aware that the secret to this ‘Zhen Long’ is to use your own white-piece to kill off a large group of white-piece, afterwards this will give rise to power. The chess formation incorporated the principles of ‘Counter-attack and escape’, you have to deliberately sacrifice your own chess piece and let your opponent take them, afterwards you can achieve success, however people will sacrifice at most 8-9 chess piece in a match, no one will sacrifice more than 10 chess piece in a single move, this move ‘Squeeze yourself to death’ is really weird and never seen before throughout all ages, even the most brilliant chess expert will never dare think of using such a move. For human, they always think about how to survive and live, nobody will deliberately think of how to die. If Xu Zhu did not close his eyes and make this random move, even after a thousand years, this ‘Zhen Long’ will still remain unbroken.

Duan YanQing has extremely high chess skill, previously he played chess with the Yellow-Brow Monk at Dali, he dominated the match and the Yellow-Brow Monk was unable to ward him off, currently, after removing a large group of white chess-piece the situation reversed, he no longer needs to worry about the life and death of that large group of white chess-piece, his no long blocked by his own troops, instead he can move around freely which is vastly different from previous situation where he got trapped in.

Jiumozhi, Murong Fu and the rest are unaware that Duan YanQing is secretly guiding, Xu Zhu chess moves are wonderful and brilliant, he captured two small group of black chess-piece in succession, everyone cannot help but cheer.

XuanNan muttered to himself: “Originally, this chess match is tangled in gains and losses, victory and defeat, thus no one can break it, when Xu Zhu made his move he didn’t care about life or death, he didn’t care about victory or defeat, unexpectedly he manage to break through this life and death situation and finally free himself......” XuanNan comprehended the principles faintly, however his still hesitant and unsure, he spent his entire life studying martial arts, however its different from the martial arts prescribed by Buddhism, suddenly he pondered: “Deaf Mute Old Man and the Eight Friends of HanGu indulged in miscellaneous skills, in the end their martial arts fell short against Ding ChunQiu, previously i make fun of them and say they deviate from their original path. But i spent my entire life practicing martial arts, i was not diligent in practicing Buddhist meditation, i am anxious about life and death, i am even worse and also deviate from my original path.” As he thought of this, his entire body break out in cold sweat.

Initially, Duan Yu paid close attention to the chess match, but afterwards he just stare at Wang YuYan, he became even more dejected as he look at her, Wang YuYan’s gaze never left Murong Fu. Duan Yu pondered: “Its better for me to simply leave, its better for me to simply leave! I will only suffer more misery if i stay here, maybe i will even vomit blood.” But how can he willingly take his gaze off Wang YuYan? His in deep thoughts: “I will wait for Miss Wang to turn her head over to me, then i will tell her: ‘Miss Wang, congratulations in meeting your cousin, today fate brought us together and we see each other again. I will be leaving now!’ if she reply: ‘Ok, please leave!’ then i will simply leave. But if she reply: ‘There is no hurry, i still have something to say to you’ then i will stay and wait for her instruction.”

However in reality, Duan Yu is fully aware that Wang YuYan will never turn around and look at him, she will never say: ‘There is no hurry, i still have something to say to you’. Suddenly, Wang YuYan’s head started moving slightly. Duan Yu heart start thumping madly: “She is turning her head over!” but she only gave a soft sigh and call out softly: “Cousin!”

Murong Fu’s attention is focused on the chess match, he saw the white chess-piece had gained the upper hand, its currently advancing forward and pressing, he thought: “I can come up with these few moves easily. But the first move is always difficult, the first move is simply too weird, i will never be able to think of it.” Unexpectedly he did not hear Wang YuYan calling him.

Wang YuYan gave another soft sigh and she slowly turns her head.

DuanYu’s heart start jumping madly: “She is turning her head over! She is turning her head over!”

Sure enough, the pretty face of Wang YuYan turn and face him. Du Yan saw she is slightly depress, there is hidden bitterness in her eyes, he pondered: “After arriving with Murong Fu, her expression was always happy and joyous, how come she is not happy now? Don’t tell me.....don’t tell me she worry about me a little?” her gaze move to the right and interlocked with his, Duan Yu took a step forward, his about to say: “Miss Wang, you have something to say?” but Wang YuYan’s gaze slowly move away and look at a distant place, once again her gaze return back to Murong Fu.

Duan Yu’s heart plunged, he felt endlessly agony: “She did look at me, but it is 10 times worse than if she didn’t look at me at all. She look at me but she still ignore me. She look at me but i never registered in her heart. She is only thinking about the affairs of her cousin, why would she even care about Duan Yu. Sigh, its better to simply leave, its better to simply leave!”

As for Xu Zhu, he followed the instructions of Duan YanQing and made another move, looking at the current situation, no matter how the black chess-piece responds it will definitely be taken by the white chess-piece, but if the black chess-piece takes a step back then the white chess-piece can rush out of this encirclement, at that time the white chess-piece will have the entire field and the black chess-piece will not be able to keep up anymore.

Su XingHe pondered for a long time, he smiled and made a move. Duan YanQing transmitted his voice: “7th row 8th column!” Xu Zhu followed his instruction, although Xu Zhu chess skill is poor but he still knows enough and his aware that the ‘Zhen Long’ is already broken, he clap his hands and smiled: “It seems its over?”

Su XingHe is smiling, he cupped his hands and said: “Little divine monk is talented and brave, congratulations.”

Xu Zhu quickly returns the courtesy and said: “I don’t dare, i didn’t make this......” his about to say that he receives guidance from his martial grandfather, the voice transmitted into his ear again: “You cannot reveal this secret between us. You are still in danger, you have to be extra cautious.” Xu Zhu thought it was another instruction from XuanNan, he immediately said: “Yes, yes!”

Su XingHe stood up and said: “My Master arrange this chess formation, for over 10 years no one is able to break it, little divine monk finally broke this ‘Zhen Long’, i really can’t thank you enough.” Xu Zhu don’t understand the underlying reason, he said modestly: “Its just an accident, its all thanks to the elders here, old senior you really flatter me, i don’t deserve your praise.”

Su XingHe walk to the front of the three wooden house, he held out his hand to respectfully welcome the guest and said: “Little divine monk, please enter!”

Xu Zhu saw these three houses are really odd, there are no doors, he don’t know how to enter or what his suppose to do when he enters, he stood at his location and is undecided. Suddenly the voice transmit into his ear again: “You finally open up a path on the chess match, its all due to a hard and painful battle. There is no door on the wooden house, just use your Shaolin martial arts to forcibly create a path.” Xu Zhu said: “Please pardon my offense!” he entered into horse stance, he raise his right hand and strike his palm on the wooden board.

His martial art is limited, previously Ding ChunQiu wave his sleeve and he immediately collapsed, the XingXiu disciples captured him easily, his situation was really lucky and he manage to preserve his internal energy. But in front of so many martial art experts, his palm strength is really insignificant and not worth mentioning, luckily the wooden board is not strong, there is a ‘KaLa’ sound and the wooden board split open to reveal a small crack. Xu Zhu strike his palm 2 more times and finally manage to cleave open the wooden board, but his palm already felt painful.

Crocodile Deity of Southern Sea burst into loud laughter and said: “The hard and strong skill of Shaolin is really sloppy and ordinary.” Xu Zhu turn his head and said: “Junior monk is the most useless disciple from Shaolin, my martial art is superficial, but it doesn’t mean the martial arts of Shaolin is lousy.” Suddenly the voice transmit into his ear: “Quickly enter, don’t turn your head back, ignore the bystanders!” Xu Zhu said: “Yes!” he move forward and quickly entered the house.

He heard Ding ChunQiu shout: “This is the house of my sect, little monk how can you enter without permission?” immediately there is two loud slamming sound, Xu Zhu felt a burst of strong wind coming at him, its trying to drag him back out, but immediately after he felt two violent force bumping his back and buttocks, he cannot help but somersault straight into the house.

Xu Zhu narrowly escape death, just now Ding ChunQiu send out his palm and made a sneak attack, his trying to kill him, Jiumozhi use his [Controlling Crane Skill] to try and drag him out. But Duan YanQing use his crutch to block the palm from Ding ChunQiu, Su XingHe stood between Xu Zhu and Jiumozhi, his left hand dissipate the [Controlling Crane Skill], his right palm smack two times and send Xu Zhu into the house.

The power in the two palm is strong and violent, Xu Zhu body smash through a wooden partition and his forehead smash through another wooden partition again, he became dizzy and disorientated, he fainted, after a long time he finally stood up and touch his forehead, its already swollen and there is a huge lump. He look around, the house is deserted and empty. He tried to look for a door but the house did not have any windows or doors, there is only a hole made when he smash through the wooden partition. He stand around stupidly and finally thought of crawling out through the hole.

But suddenly he heard a deep and low voice of an old man coming from a wooden partition: “Since your here, why you still wish to go out?”

Xu Zhu turn his body around and said: “I invite old senior to give direction and point out the path.”

The voice said: “You create your own path, nobody can teach you. My chess formation, no one can break it for over 10 years, you finally broke it today, what are you waiting for come over here!”

When Xu Zhu heard the words ‘my chess formation’ his hairs stood up and he cannot help but be terrified, he trembled and said: “You....you.....” he heard Su XingHe narrate how the chess formation was created by his ‘deceased master’, but this voice, is it human or ghost? The voice said again: “Opportunity is fleeting, i waited for 30 years, i don’t have much time to wait for you anymore, good child, quickly come here!”

The voice is kind and benevolent, evidently he did not have any evil intention, immediately Xu Zhu use his left shoulder to bang the wooden partition, ‘KaLa KaLa’, the wooden board had long decayed and rot, a hole open up immediately.

Xu Zhu gave a quick glance and entered, he was startled, its yet another deserted room, however a person is sitting in midair. The first thought that came to his mind was: “Ghost!” he was so frighten that he wanted to turn around and escape, but he hear the person say: “Sigh, its a little monk! Sigh, its a ugly little monk, difficult, difficult, difficult! Sigh, difficult, difficult, difficult!”

Xu Zhu heard him sigh 3 times and said ‘difficult’ 6 times, he concentrated and look at the man, he finally saw clearly, it seems there is a black rope around the body of the man, the rope is attached to a beam and his suspended in midair. But the wooden partition is coloured black, the rope is also black, thus he can’t differentiate the rope immediately and he assumed the man is sitting in midair.

Xu Zhu’s appearance is quite ugly, he have thick eyebrows and big eyes, his nostril tilted upwards, his ears fan out, his lips very thick, moreover his sustained injuries on his face when he smash through the wooden partition and this made him even more unsightly. He lost both his parents since childhood, the monks at Shaolin Temple are merciful and they adopted him, at the temple his either studying or practicing martial arts, nobody cared about his appearance. There is a Buddhist saying: The body is merely mortal flesh, whether this mortal flesh is good looking or not has no relations to Buddhist cultivation. Nevertheless, this is his first time hearing someone call him an ‘ugly monk’.

He raise his head slightly and look at the man. His beard is 3 chi long but none of it grizzled, his face is like jade and without any wrinkles, although his quite old but he glows with heath and vigour, his elegant and poise. Xu Zhu felt ashamed: “Comparing appearance, we are heaven and earth apart.” Currently he has no more fear, he bow to pay his respects and said: “Junior monk is Xu Zhu, i pay my respects to senior.”

The man nod his head and said: “What is your surname?” Xu Zhu was startled and said: “There is no surname for a person who enters monkhood.” The man said: “Before you enter monkhood, what is your surname?” Xu Zhu said: “Junior monk became a monk since childhood, i don’t have a surname.”

The man stare at him for a long time, he sigh and said: “You can break my chess formation, your intelligence and wisdom is obviously no small matter, but you appearance really cannot make it, sigh, very difficult. In the end i wasted my effort and even sacrifice your life in vain. Little master, i will present you with a gift, just take it and go!”

Xu Zhu listen to the tone of the old man, it seems he has an extremely important and difficult problem and he worry because no one can help him, the < Mahayana Sutras> says: ‘Save all living things from suffering’, Xu Zhu immediately said: “Junior monk’s chess skill is really superficial, i did not break senior’s chess formation. But if senior has any difficult problems to settle, although my skills are lowly i am willing to try my best and help you, as for the gift, i don’t dare to accept.”

The old man said: “You have such chivalrous heart, not bad. You chess skill is low, martial art superficial, all these are irrelevant, fate brought us together and you are able to come here. But.....but....your appearance is simply too ugly.” As he said this he shakes his head repeatedly.

Xu Zhu gave a faint smile and said: “I can’t control my appearance, even my parents can’t control it. Junior monk is ugly and made senior unhappy, i will take my leave immediately.” As he finish speaking he retreated 2 steps.

As Xu Zhu was about to turn his body, the old man said: “Wait!” his sleeves rise up and landed on Xu Zhu’s right shoulder. Xu Zhu felt his body sink, the sleeve felt like an arm, its pulling his body. The old man ask: “Those who came here to break the chess formation, who are they?” Xu Zhu reported their identities to him. The old man muttered to himself for a long time, and said: “6-7 out of 10 martial art experts under the heaven are here. Great Master KuRong from Dali’s Heavenly Dragon Monastery, he didn’t come?” Xu Zhu replied: “Other than the monks from my Shaolin, the only other monk is Great Master Juimozhi.”

The old man ask again: “For the past few years i heard there is someone called Qiao Feng in the martial arts fraternity, his truly capable, he didn’t come?” Xu Zhu said: “No.”

The old man gave another sigh and mumbled to himself: “I waited for so many years, even if i carry on waiting i might not be able to meet a well-rounded person with perfect qualities. In life things don’t always go as planned, i just have to make do with it.” He mumbled for a short while he finally seem to come to a decision, he said: “Just now you said you did not break the chess formation, then how come Su XingHe send you in here?”

Xu Zhu said: “Junior monk is ignorant, i closed my eyes and randomly make the first move, afterwards my martial grandfather XuanNan use his internal energy to transmit his voice to me and secretly help me to play chess.” Immediately he narrated all the details on how he manage to break the chess formation.

The old man sigh and said: “Its fated, its fated!” suddenly his frown went away and he smiled: “Its fated, you close your eyes and accidentally break my chess formation, this shows that your affinity for fortune is deep, maybe you can handle my big problem. Very well, very well, good child, keel down and kowtow!”

Xu Zhu grew up in Shaolin Temple since childhood, everyday he meet his master, martial grandfather, great martial uncle, etc, all of them his elders, even among his peers, there are countless monks who are older than him or had better martial arts, thus he is used to obeying orders. As disciple of Buddhism, he have to be modest, when the old man ask him to kowtow although he don’t know the reason but his still a senior in the martial arts fraternity, its natural to give a few kowtow, immediately he respectfully knelt down and kowtow 4 times, as he was about to stand up the old man smiled and said: “Give another 5 kowtow, this is the rule of our sect.” Xu Zhu replied: “Yes!” and he gave another 5 kowtow.

The old man said: “Good child, good child, come over here!” Xu Zhu stood up and walk towards him.

The old man grab his wrist, he examined him from top to bottom. Suddenly Xu Zhu felt his artery warm up, a burst of internal energy rise up from his arm and rapidly rush to his chest, he cannot help it and immediately use the energy cultivation method of Shaolin to try and resist. The internal energy of the old man made contact with his own energy and withdraw immediately, nothing happen to him. Xu Zhu knew the old man is trying to test his level of internal energy, his ears turned red and he laugh bitterly: “Junior monk normally studies Buddhist scriptures, in my free time i love to play around, i never properly practice the internal energy cultivation method imparted by my master, old senior you must have found it laughable.”

Unexpectedly the old man is very happy, he laugh and said: “Very good, very good, your Shaolin internal energy is shallow, it really saves me a great deal of trouble.” While he was speaking, Xu Zhu felt his entire body turn soft, its as if he was submerge in a hot bath tub, the pores on his body all seems to be emitting heat, he felt relax and free.

The old man released his wrist, he laugh and said: “Its done, i used my sect’s [Divine Skill of the Northern Darkness] and absorb all your Shaolin internal energy!”

Xu Zhu had a huge shock, he shouted: “Wh......what?” he jump up, as he landed his knees softens and he sat down on the floor, he felt his four limbs and all the bones turned completely limp and painful, he was dizzy, its as if the world is spinning, he knew this old man did not bluff him, grief and sorrow burst forth and tears stream down his eyes, he cried: “I.....i....have no quarrels or enmity with you, i didn’t offend you, why must you harm me like this?”

The old man smiled and said: “How can you be so rude? You didn’t address me as Master, still using words like ‘you’, how can you not have any manners?” Xu Zhu was frightened and said: “What? How can you be my Master?” the old man said: “Just now you kowtow 9 times, you formally became my apprentice and paid you respects.” Xu Zhu said: “No, no! I am a Shaolin disciple, how can i take you as my Master? You use evil sorcery to harm other people, i definitely won’t learn it.” He finish speaking and struggled to stand up.

The old man laugh and said: “You really don’t want to learn?” he wave both his hands, his sleeves flew out and landed on Xu Zhu’s shoulder. Xu Zhu felt his shoulder is incomparably heavy, he cannot stand up anymore, his knees soften and he immediately sat down, he said: “Even if you kill me i still won’t learn.”

The old man laugh out loudly, suddenly his figure rise up, he somersaulted in midair, he landed and sat down, both his hands gripping onto Xu Zhu’s wrist.

Xu Zhu was alarmed and said: “You....what you trying to do?” he felt two burning heat stream, its as if boiling water is rushing into his ‘Huizong acupoint’ at both his hands, he cannot help but shout loudly: “Ayo!” and he struggled furiously, but the two heat stream is like the Yangtze river and it surge forth, he cannot resist at all, it flow from his arm to his chest, it gathered at his ‘Shanzhong acupoint’.

Xu Zhu is extremely terrified, he swing his hands, trying to fling off the person holding onto his wrist, when he swing, he felt his arm turn soft, he didn’t have the slightest bit of strength, he felt really anxious: “After getting hit by his demonic sorcery, i lost all my martial arts and now i don’t even have strength to wear clothes or eat a meal, from now on i am handicapped, what should i do?” his at a loss, he cry out loudly, suddenly he felt the heat gathered in his ‘Shanzhong acupoint’ all separated into 100 thin strand of heat and scatter to the rest of his acupoints throughout his body, he can’t even make a sound from his mouth, he pondered: “Not good, i am going to die!” but he felt his four limbs getting hotter and hotter, instantly he felt his head spin, his underbelly and skull is about to explode, after a while he cannot hold it anymore and fainted.

He felt his entire body become as light as a feather, it seems as if his soaring on cloud and riding on mist, his roaming freely in heaven, suddenly his body felt ice-cold, it seems as if his submerged in the deepest sea, his having fun with playing with fish, suddenly his in a temple studying, and then his practicing martial arts diligently, but no matter how hard he practice he can never master it. As he start to feel anxious, suddenly it rained heavily, the raindrops landed on his body, but the raindrops felt hot.

Gradually his head start to clear and he became sober, he open his eyes, his lying down on the floor, the old man had released his wrist and is sitting beside him, the old man is covered entirely with sweat and the sweat drip continuously onto his body, the old man’s cheek, head, neck, hairs, sweat seep out everywhere.

Xu Zhu sat up and said: “You.....” he only manage to say one word as he was startled, the old man seems to have changed completely into a different person, originally his face was spotlessly white and handsome, but now his face is covered with countless deep wrinkles that intersect with each other, his thick crop of hair had all fallen off, his black long beard turned white. Xu Zhu first thought was: “I fainted for how many years? 30 years? 50 years? How come this person aged over 10 years?” the man in front of him look extremely old, if his not 120 years old, his at least 100 years old.

The old man squinted, he smiled weakly at him and said: “Success! Good child, you have deep fortune, you far surpass my expectations, go on try it out, smack your palm at that wooden partition!”

Xu Zhu don’t understand the reason, he followed his orders and send out a palm, there is a ‘Ka La La” sound, half of the wooden partition collapsed, its even more powerful than bumping the wall 10 times using his full strength. Xu Zhu was scared stiff, he said: “What....what is the reason?”

The old man is smiling broadly, his really happy, he also said: “What....what is the reason?” Xu Zhu said: “How come....how come i am so powerful?” the old man smiled and said: “You have yet to practice the palm moves of our sect, at the moment, you can’t even utilize 10% of your internal energy. Your Master practiced diligently and painstakingly for 70 years, how can it be ordinary?”

Xu Zhu suddenly jump up, he knew something bad has happened, he shouted: “You....you.....what 70 years of diligent and painstaking practice?” the old man smiled and said: “You still don’t understand? You really haven’t realize it yet?”

Xu Zhu faintly knew what the old man is referring to, but this matter is simply too abrupt and inconceivable, its really hard to accept it, he said: “Old senior imparte a set of divine art....a set of divine art to junior monk correct?”

The old man smiled and said: “You still refuse to address me as Master?” Xu Zhu lowered his head and said: “Junior monk is Shaolin disciple, i cannot deceive my ancestor and join another sect.” the old man said: “You don’t have any trace of Shaolin martial arts in you anymore, you still claim you are Shaolin disciple? Your body contains 70 years of Carefree Sect’s divine skill, how can you not be the disciple of our sect?” Xu Zhu never heard of ‘Carefree Sect’ before, he said: “Carefree Sect?” the old man smiled and said: “Riding on heaven and earth, governing the 6 elements, roaming endlessly, that is carefree. Try jumping up and test it out!”

Xu Zhu felt really curious, he bend his knees and exerted force in his legs, he jump up lightly. Suddenly there is a crashing sound, he felt sharp pain on top of his head, light shine into his eyes, half his body penetrated through the roof and his still rising up, he quickly stretch out his hands to grab the roof and landed back on the floor, he jump up and down a few time before stopping, this kind of lightness martial arts is simply unimaginable, at the moment his not happy at all, instead he felt really scared.

The old man said: “How was it?” Xu Zhu said: “I....i became a devil?” the old man said: “Sit down here quietly and listen to my explanation. There is not much time left, i can only talk about the most important stuff. Since you refuse to address me as Master and is unwilling to change sect, i won’t force you anymore. Little master, i beg you to help me on a big matter, you have to do something for me, can you promise me?”

Xu Zhu likes to help people, there are 6 Paramita in Buddhism, Dana is ranked 1st, when people meet with problems he should put in his best effort and help, he said: “Senior’s order, i will do my utmost to fulfil it.” when he said the words suddenly he remembers that the martial arts of this old man seems to be top ranking unorthodox evil skill, he quickly said: “But if senior orders junior monk to break the law and commit crimes, then i won’t comply.”

The old man laugh bitterly and ask: “What is break the law and commit crimes?” Xu Zhu stare blankly, he said: “Junior monk is a follower of Buddhism, harming others or inflict sufferings, i will never agree to do such stuff.” The old man said: “If there is someone in this world that specializes in harming people, breaking the law and committing crimes, killing countless people, i order you to go kill this person, will you agree?” Xu Zhu said: “Junior monk will persuade him and give advice, ask him to turn over a new leaf and do good.” The old man said: “What if he persist in his wrong doings?” Xu Zhu straighten his body and said: “Subdue the demon and eliminate the evil. But junior monk’s ability is limited, i am afraid i can’t shoulder this heavy responsibility.”

The old man said: “Then you agree to it?” Xu Zhu nod his head and said: “I agree!” the old man’s expression is joyous, he said: “Very good, very good! I want you to kill someone, his a great evil, his my disciple Ding ChunQiu, currently his known as Old Freak of XingXiu.”

Xu Zhu gave a sigh, such a heavy burden, he personally witness how the Old Freak of XingXiu only need to say 1 sentence and killed 10 carriage drivers, his truly a great evil, even his martial grandfather XuanNan had all his internal energy dissolved by Ding ChunQiu’s sorcery, he said: “Getting rid of Old Freak of XingXiu is a great achievement, but junior monk’s martial art is superficial, how can i......” as he said this, his gaze interlocked with the old man, the old man’s expression is mocking, at once he remembered, the phrase ‘martial art is superficial’ seems incorrect, he immediately stop talking.

The old man said: “Currently, with your superficial martial arts, you are not beneath the Old Freak of XingXiu, but you don’t have someone to guide you, you can’t use this energy properly, to exterminate him completely its indeed still not enough, but don’t worry, old man already made arrangements.”

Xu Zhu said: “Junior monk heard from Benefactor Xue MuHua, XingXiu Sea Ding.....Benefactor Ding’s evil conduct, i only know senior was killed by him, but senior is still alive, then.....then its very good, very good.”

The old man sigh and said: “This rebellious disciple is in cahoots with my martial sister, they suddenly revolted, i was beaten into a deep ravine, old man was caught off guard and almost died by their hands. Luckily my martial sister was troubled by her conscience, she stop him from dealing the final blow, and my eldest disciple Su XingHe played deaf-mute, he tempted Ding ChunQiu with various secret skills of our sect, old man struggled at death’s door and survive for another 30 years. XingHe’s aptitude is pretty good, but its a pity he was led astray by me, he got distracted and learnt zither, chess, calligraphy, painting, etc, all these trivial stuff, its impossible for him to learn my upper-level martial arts. For the past 30 years, i long to find a smart disciple who can concentrate, i will then impart my lifetime of martial arts to him and send him to exterminate Ding ChunQiu. But opportunity is fleeting, those who are smart had bad character, its like raising a tiger and bringing future disaster, but those with good character had insufficient comprehension. I am nearing my natural life span, i cannot wait anymore, thus i publicly displayed the ‘Zhen Long’ which i created years ago to look for a handsome and talented person. I already reach the limits of my lifespan, there is no time for me to teach martial arts, thus this last disciple of mine must be a handsome and smart youngster.”

Xu Zhu listen to him mention ‘handsome and smart’, he knew his not smart, as for ‘handsome’ its completely out of the question, he lowered his head and said: “There are quite a few handsome people in this world, there are 2 individual just outside, the first one is gentleman Murong, the other is gentleman Duan. Junior monk will invite them in to see you, how is it?”

The old man laugh and said: “I use my [Divine Skill of the Northern Darkness] and pour my 70 years of internal energy cultivation into your body, how can i accept another disciple?”

Xu Zhu was alarmed, he said: “Senior....senior you really pass on your lifetime of energy cultivation to junior monk? Then.....then....”

The old man said: “Currently, its really hard to say if this is a blessing or disaster. Superior martial art is not necessarily a good thing. In this world, there are people who don’t know any martial arts, they are carefree and without worries, they don’t compete and struggle, they have less worries because they have very little? In the past, if i learn zither and chess, learn literature and painting, but don’t learn any martial arts, then my life will be much happier.” As he finish speaking he gave another long sigh, he raised his head and look at the hole in the roof made by Xu Zhu, he seems to be thinking about past events, after a long time he finally said: “Good child, Ding ChunQiu only know i have long died by his hands, thus he act without restrain. I have a painting here, it shows my former residence where i live in ease and comfort, the place is at Dali Kingdom’s WuLiang Cave, go there and find the martial arts manuals which i have hidden, follow them and practice, your martial arts will be on par with Ding ChunQiu. But your aptitude is not very good, if you practice the martial arts of our sect i am afraid you will meet many obstruction and your progress will be sluggish, maybe you will meet numerous disasters and dangers as well. You should beg that woman staying in the cave and ask her to guide you. But if she sees your appearance, most likely she will refuse to teach you, you should request her help on my account......*cough*.......*cough*.” As he said this he kept coughing repeatedly, his gasping for breath, he took out a small scroll from his bosom and stuff it into Xu Zhu’s hands.

Xu Zhu felt really awkward, he said: “Junior monk have yet to complete my training, i receive my master’s order to deliver letters, i should go back to the temple and report, in the future i also have to act according to my master’s orders. If my master or abbot forbid, then i cannot follow the wishes of senior.”

The old man laugh bitterly and said: “If this is the will of heaven, allowing a evil person to run amuck, then there is nothing i can do, you.....you.....” as he said ‘you’ 2 times, suddenly his entire body trembled, he slowly stoop down, his hands pushing against the ground, it seems his about to collapse.

Xu Zhu was shock, he quickly extend his hands and supported him, he said: “Old....old senior, what happen to you?” the old person said: “I already pass on my 70 years of energy cultivation to you, i reached the end of my natural life span, child, you still refuse to call me Master?” as he said this his already gasping for breath.

Xu Zhu saw the old man’s expression is pitiful and his gaze pleading, his heart soften and he blurted out ‘Master’.

The old man was jubilant, he forcefully took off a gem ring from his left finger and tried to put in to Xu Zhu’s finger, but he exhausted all his strength and can’t grip Xu Zhu’s wrist. Xu Zhu call out: “Master!” and he wore the ring on his finger.

The old man said: “Good.....good! You are my 3rd disciple, when you see Su XingHe, you.....you should call him senior martial brother. What is your surname?” Xu Zhu said: “I really don’t know.”

The old man said: “Its a pity your appearance is ugly, there might be some awkward or embarrassing moments, but you are the leader of Carefree Sect, by right the woman should not disobey your orders, very good, very good.....” his voice became softer and softer, when he said the 2nd ‘very good’ it seems as if his whispering, suddenly he laugh heartily, his body tilt forward, there is a crashing sound as his forehead hit the floor, he was motionless.

Xu Zhu quickly supported the old man, he check his breath, his already dead, he quickly press his hands together and chanted: “Namo Amituofo, Namo Amituofo, i beseech Amituofo, Guanyin Bodhisattva, Mahasthamaprapta Bodhisattva, please guide this old man to his afterlife in Sukhavati.”

He met this old man for no more than 1 hour, there isn’t much relationship, but his body contains 70 years of the old man’s internal energy cultivation, he faintly felt this old man is his closest kin, it can also be said that a part of this old man became him, suddenly sorrow and grief overwhelm him and he burst into tears and sob loudly.

After crying for a while, he knelt on the floor and paid his respects to the remains of the old man, he pray in silence: “Old senior, i called you Master, that is fake, please don’t take it seriously. You are not aware of it but please don’t blame me.” He complete his prayer, he turn around and went out through the hole in the wooden partition, he leap lightly, he immediately flew past 2 wooden partition and arrive outside the house.

---------End of Chapter 31----------

Thank yo d4rksinz for continue translating!

Time to catch up!

Thank you d4arksinz

Thanks d4rksinz.

what edition is this one? I hope it's the third.

thank you d4arksinz for continuing the translation

Default Chapter 32 --- Nobody Can Control My Carefree Self

Chapter 32 --- Nobody Can Control My Carefree Self

When Xu Zhu step out of the wooden house he cannot help but be startled, there is a huge fire pillar on the ground, numerous pine tree had collapsed and scattered disorderly over the area. He did not stay in the wooden house for long but the outside situation changed drastically, he assume these pine trees must have been knock down by someone while he fainted and he did not hear them while he was in the house.

Outside the house, the flaming pillar separated two groups of people. The Deaf Mute Old Man Su XingHe is standing on the right-hand side, XuanNan and the rest of Shaolin monks, Kang GuangLing, Xue MuHua, etc, all of them standing behind Su XingHe. The Old Freak of XingXiu is standing on the left-hand side, iron-head man You TanZhi and the rest of XingXiu disciples are standing behind Ding ChunQiu. Murong Fu, Wang YuYan, Duan Yu, Jiumozhi, Duan YanQing, Crocodile Deity of Southern Sea, etc, all of them standing at a distant place, they did not help either side.

Su XingHe and Ding ChunQiu, both of them are waving their palms and pushing the column of fire towards each other. The column of fire is leaning to the right, evidently Ding ChunQiu already gained a huge lead.

Everyone squinted and look at the burning pillar, none of them paid any attention to Xu Zhu who just came out of the house. Naturally, Wang YuYan is only worried about Murong Fu and Duan Yu is only worried about Wang YuYan, both of them are not looking at the fire pillar and they also paid no attention to Xu Zhu.

Xu Zhu move past their backs and went to the right-hand side and stood beside his martial uncle HuiFang, he saw the column of fire moving closer and closer to the right, Su XingHe’s clothes seems to be inflated with air, its as if his only a boat and sailing rapidly against the wind, both his palms push forward continuously.

However, Ding ChunQiu’s expression remain cheerful, as if nothing had happened, he wave his sleeves lightly, seemingly indifferent. His disciples praise out loudly:

“Divine Elder of XingXiu lifting heavy weights as if its feather, his divine skills unrivalled, he let you all broaden you horizon today.”

“My Master is trying to give lessons to bystander, thus he slowly display his divine skills, else he would had exterminate this old man Su with a single palm.”

“Who is not convinced, come forward and have a taste of Divine Elder of XingXiu’s divine skills.”

“All of you are timid and cowardly, there is no harm even if you join up and act together!”

“Since ancient times, no one can match Divine Elder of XingXiu! You are a mantis blocking a cart, courting disaster and digging your own grave.”

Jiumozhi, Murong Fu, Duan YanQing, all of them thought: “If the few of us here join hands and attack Ding ChunQiu together, even though Ding ChunQiu is powerful, he still can’t resist the combined assault of numerous top experts.” But firstly, everyone valued their status and dignity, they will never join hands and gang up against a single person, secondly, the battle between Deaf Mute Old Man and Old Freak of XingXiu is an internal affair, its not convenient for outsiders to interfere, thirdly, they are suspicious of each other, they are afraid of getting back-stabbed and taken advantaged of if they join up together and attack, hence even though the disciples of XingXiu praise their Master up till heaven, Juimozhi and the rest only smiled and ignored them.

Suddenly the column of fire move forward and spit fire, it landed on Su XingHe, there is a burning stench, Su XingHe’s beard was completely burnt off. Su XingHe exerted himself and tried to resist, he manage to push back the column of fire but the flame is only 2 chi away from his body, the flame lengthen and rattled, its like a large python opening its mouth and sticking out it tongue, trying to bite him. Xu Zhu is secretly alarmed: “I am afraid Benefactor Su is about to be burnt alive by Benefactor Ding, what should i do?”

Suddenly there are drum noises, followed immediately by two thumping sound, the gongs and drums rang out, it seems the XingXiu disciples concealed their cymbals, gongs and drums in their bosom, they took out these instruments and started playing songs to praise their Master awe-inspiring authority, some of them wave green, yellow, red and purple flags, they shouted loudly and rallied. Currently, two martial art experts are competing internal energy, unexpectedly there are bystanders cheering on with gongs and drums, such a weird event has never been seen before. Juimozhi burst into loud laughter and said: “Old Freak of XingXiu really have thick skin, his really one of kind since ancient times!”

Amidst the gongs and drums, a XingXiu disciple took out a sheet of paper, he recited loudly, its a parallel prose titled: “Praising Divine Elder of XingXiu Displaying His Might In Central Plains”. Nobody knows how he found some rotten scholar to compose such praises, the contents are really flattering to the extreme, the song and praises mix in with the noises from the gongs and drums.

But these songs and praises are not completely useless, along with the internal energy of Old Freak of XingXiu, its like adding fuel to fire and aided his power. Amidst the songs and praises the column of fire intensified and move forward another half chi.

Suddenly there are numerous footsteps, 20 over men rush out from behind the house and they block in front of Su XingHe, these deaf and mute men are the ones that carried XuanNan and the rest up the mountain, they are the disciples of Su XingHe. Ding ChunQiu press on with his palm, the column of fire landed on the bodies of these 20 men, at once there is ‘Chi Chi’ sound, these men had their skin and flesh charred. Su XingHe wanted to wave his palm to push these men away but they are too far away from him and he did not have sufficient palm strength. These 20 men stood upright, their bodies are burning but they never move at all, but because they can’t speak the scene is even more tragic and moving.

When the rest of the spectators saw it they were emotionally moved, even Wang YuYan and Duan Yuan cannot help but turn their head and look at them. The fire is raging and it wrapped around these 20 deaf and mute men. Duan Yu shouted: “You cannot be so cruel!” he extended his right hand, his about to execute his [Six Meridians Divine Sword] to attack Ding ChunQiu, however he don’t know the proper method to channel the sword, his abundant internal energy just move around in circles inside his body and he can’t fire it out from his finger. Duan Yu perspired profusely, he shouted: “Young master Murong, quickly stop him!”

Murong Fu said: “Brother Duan you are here, little brother don’t dare to display his lowly skills in front of an expert. Brother Duan, please display a move from you [Six Meridians Divine Sword]!”

Duan YanQing arrive late for the chess meet, he did not see Duan Yu’s [Six Meridians Divine Sword] when he use it to save Murong Fu, when he heard the words from Murong Fu he cannot help but feel excited, his look askance at Duan Yu, trying to see if Duan Yu really knows this divine skill, but he saw Duan Yu pointing and drawing with his right-hand finger, the stance is correct and reasonable but there is absolutely no internal energy at all, he pondered: “What [Six Meridians Divine Sword], it gave me a huge shock. It seems this young chap is only bluffing and swindling people. Although according to legend, my Duan family have this [Six Meridians Divine Sword] skill, but who succeeded in learning it?”

Murong Fu saw Duan Yu did not attack, he knew it was intentional and he just stood aside and quietly observe the situation.

After a while, more than half of the 20 deaf and mute men got roasted to death by the column of fire, the rest are seriously injured, they collapse one after another. Amidst the noise from gongs and drums, Ding ChunQiu wave his sleeve twice, the column of fire flew and rush towards Su XingHe.

Xue MuHua shouted: “Don’t you dare harm my Master!” he threw his body in front of the column of fire. Su XingHe wave his palm and push him away, he said: “Its not beneficial for my disciple to die!” he gathered his remaining internal energy into his left hand and strike towards the column of fire. Currently, his internal energy is nearly exhausted, that palm strike from him only manage to obstruct the column of fire for a short while, he felt his entire body burning, he saw red everywhere, his completely engulf in flame. At this moment, his internal energy is on the verge of drying up, like a lantern extinguishing when it runs out of oil, he knew that when he die Ding ChunQiu will definitely rush into the wooden house, his Master fake death for 30 years but he still can’t run from Ding ChunQiu’s evil hands. His being roasted by the column of fire on his body, he felt great sadness.

Xu Zhu saw Su XingHe is in extremely critical condition, but Su XingHe still stood rooted to the ground and refuse to retreat a single step. Xu Zhu cannot stand by idly and watch anymore, he quickly move forward and grabbed Su XingHe’s back, he shouted: “Its not beneficial for my disciple to die! Quickly step aside!” at this moment, Su XingHe so happens to wave his palm outward. This palm from Su XingHe is extremely weak and feeble, he did not expect any effect from it, however he refuse to sit by and wait for death, he struggled and fight to the death, unexpectedly an incomparably deep and profound energy arrive from his back, the energy is exactly the same as his Master’s, as he push out with his palm the strength immediately multiplied. There is a ‘Hu’ sound, the column of fire move from his body and went straight towards Ding ChunQiu, the force did not end there, even the XingXiu disciples were drawn into the column of fire.

In a split second there is clanking sounds from the gongs and drums, everyone was thrown into confusion, the cymbals and instruments all drop onto the ground and roll around randomly.

Amidst the chants of: “XingXiu sect shaking Central Plains by force, my Master is unequalled in the present age.” Various cries of pain got mixed in:

“Aiyo, holy mother of god!”

“This is terrible, XingXiu sect quickly run and save your life!”

“XingXiu sect is flexible, we will come back next time to promote our prestige!”

Ding ChunQiu had a huge shock, in reality, even with Xu Zhu’s internal energy and the palm force from Su XingHe it might not actually beat him, but because Ding ChunQiu thought he would achieve victory soon, he became relax and complacent, he did not have any defences, thus he became flustered and lost control when the counter-attack came so suddenly. At the same time, Ding ChunQiu found that the internal energy in his opponent’s palm is well-rounded, experienced and ruthless, its way beyond what his martial brother Su XingHe is capable of, but then again the energy clearly originated from the martial arts of his sect, could it be the spirit of his dead Master? The spirit of his Master came back and seek him for revenge? When he thought of this his mind became frantic, he can’t gather his internal energy at all, the column of fire landed on his body and unexpectedly his powerless to repel it, his clothes, hair and beard all caught fire.

Amidst the shouting of “Divine Elder of XingXiu is in big trouble!” from his disciples, Ding ChunQiu anxiously shouted: “My iron-head disciple, quickly use your palm!”

You TanZhi immediately wave his palm towards the column of fire. There is ‘Chi Chi Chi’ sound, the column of fire met the strange coldness in his palm wind, the flame extinguished immediately, even the greenish black smoke faded away quickly, the only thing left is the charred pine wood.

Ding ChunQiu eye brow is burnt, his clothes tattered, he cuts a sorry figure, his secretly afraid of his Master’s spirit harassing him again, he dare not linger and show off anymore, he shouted: “Let us leave!” his body flash and in an instant his already 7-8 zhang away.

His XingXiu disciples ran away desperately, they abandoned their gongs and drums, the disciple who is reciting the parallel prose: “Praising Divine Elder of XingXiu Displaying His Might In Central Plains” had yet to finish but the a huge portion of the paper is burnt off and scattered by the wind.

But suddenly there is an “Ah!” scream from afar, a XingXiu disciple is flying in mid-air and he landed on the floor, his motionless. Everyone look at each other in dismay, the Old Freak of XingXiu just suffered a crushing defeat, his shame led to anger, one of his disciple tried to console him with flattery words, but in his rage he killed him with a single palm strike.

XuanNan, Duan YanQing, Jiumozhi, etc, all of them assume the Deaf Mute Old Man Su XingHe use his flesh to tempt his enemy into a trap, he let Ding ChunQiu waste his energy to burn the 20 deaf and mute disciples, afterwards he concentrated his energy and release an earth-shattering palm strike and Ding ChunQiu was unable to resist and got defeated. The Deaf Mute Old Man is famous for his wisdom and martial arts, just now he and the Old Freak of XingXiu was engaged in a fierce battle, he easily strike down the thick and large pine tree, everyone was shaken to the core when they saw it, thus nobody found it strange when he finally display his divine skills and drive away the Old Freak of XingXiu.

XuanNan said: “Mr Su your divine skill is deep and profound, you drive away that old freak, he must be scared out of his wits after this battle and i think he won’t dare to set foot in Central Plains anymore. You actions benefit the people, its really not a small achievement.”

Su XingHe saw Xu Zhu wearing his Master’s gem ring, he knew the underlying reason, he felt both sadness and happiness, he saw that 18-19 of his own disciples are dead, the remaining 1-2 suffered serious injuries and will most probably not recover, he felt deep sorrow but his also worried about the safety of his Master, he said a few parting words to XuanNan, Murong Fu, etc, he drag Xu Zhu’s hand and said: “Little master, please come with me.”

Xu Zhu look towards XuanNan, waiting for his orders. XuanNan said: “Senior Su is a highly respected person in the martial arts fraternity, just follow whatever he asks of you.” Xu Zhu replied: “Yes!” and he followed Su XingHe and entered the wooden house through the hole, Su XingHe pick up a wooden board and block the hole with it.

Everyone present are all experienced and knowledgeable martial art experts, they knew this action from Su XingHe meant that outsiders should not go in and pry into his private matters. Duan Yu is the only person who is neither experienced nor knowledgeable about such stuff. But currently, Duan Yu is concentrating his attention completely on Wang YuYan, his not even aware that Xu Zhu and Su XingHe had entered the house, how would he have the mood to meddle in other people’s affair?

Su XingHe held onto Xu Zhu’s hand and they pass through the 2 wooden partition, he saw his Master lying on the floor, he stretch out his hand to check, he had pass away. He long anticipated such an outcome but he still can’t hold back his grief, he knelt down and kowtow a few times, he sobbed: “Master, Master, in the end you still leave disciple behind!”

Xu Zhu pondered: “This old man is indeed Su XingHe’s Master.”

Su XingHe wipe away his tears and stood up, he support the corpse and lean him against the wooden partition so that his seating properly, afterwards he support Xu Zhu and also made him lean against wooden partition, Xu Zhu is sitting side by side with the corpse of the old man.

Xu Zhu pondered: “His making me sit beside the corpse of the old man, what is he trying to do? Don’t tell me.....don’t tell me....he wants me to die together with his Master?” he cannot help but feel a slight chill on his body, he wanted to stand up but he dare not.

Su XingHe arrange his tattered and burnt clothes, suddenly he knelt down in front of Xu Zhu, he kowtow and said: “Carefree Sect’s unworthy disciple Su XingHe pays his respect to the new sect leader.” This action from him frightened Xu Zhu so much that he was at a loss on what to do, Xu Zhu pondered: “This person has gone insane from his rage! His really insane!” Xu Zhu quickly knelt down and return the kowtow, he said: “Old senior paying such courtesy, you will really shorten junior monk’s life.”

Su XingHe said sternly: “Martial brother, you are the last disciple of our Master, you are also the leader of our Sect. Although i am the senior martial brother but i still have to kowtow to you!”

Xu Zhu said: “This.....this.....” he finally realized that Su XingHe has not gone mad, but this made his situation even more awkward and embarrassing, he can only grumble secretly.

Su XingHe said: “Martial brother, you save my life, you fulfilled Master’s wish, its only rightful that you accept a few kowtow from me. Master officially took you in as his disciple, he ask you to kowtow 9 times, did you kowtow?” Xu Zhu said: “I did kowtow but at that time i don’t know i formally became his disciple. I am Shaolin disciple, i cannot join another sect.” Su XingHe said: “Master obviously knew about it, he must have removed all your original martial arts and then pass on the skills of our sect. Master already pass on his entire lifetime of internal energy to you, correct?” Xu Zhu have no choice but to nod his head and said: “Yes.” Su XingHe said: “The symbol of our sect leader, this gem ring, Master remove it from his finger and personally put in on your finger, correct?” Xu Zhu said: “Yes! But.....but i really don’t know this is the symbol of sect leader.”

Su XingHe cross his leg and sat down on the floor, he said: “Martial brother, you have extremely deep fortune. Ding ChunQiu and me, both of us long for this gem ring for over 10 years, but we never manage to gain possession of it, but you manage to gain Master’s favour within an hour.”

Xu Zhu quickly took of the ring and handed it over, he said: “Senior please take it, this gem ring, junior monk have absolutely no use for it.”

Su XingHe did not take it, his expression grave, he said: “Martial brother, Master entrusted you something before he died, how can you shirk responsibility? Master gave this gem ring to you, he ask you to kill Ding ChunQiu, correct?”

Xu Zhu said: “Correct. But junior monk’s martial art is superficial, how can i shoulder such heavy responsibility?”

Su XingHe sigh, he put the ring back onto Xu Zhu’s finger and said: “Martial brother, you don’t know the entire story, i will tell you briefly. Our sect is called Carefree Sect, as for the rules and regulations, the most senior disciple might not necessarily take up the post of Sect Leader, whoever has the strongest martial arts will be the Sect Leader.”

Xu Zhu said: “Yes, yes, but junior monk’s martial art is extremely disappointing.”

Su XingHe ignored him and continued: “There are 3 disciples from Master’s generation, Master is rank number 2, but his martial arts is better than our 2 martial uncles, thus he became the Sect Leader. Afterwards, Master accepted me and Ding ChunQiu as his disciples, Master set down a rule, all the miscellaneous skills he mastered, whoever wants to be Sect Leader have to compete in all these skills, thus we have to compete martial arts, zither, chess, calligraphy and painting. Ding ChunQiu have absolutely no understandings of these miscellaneous skills, there is no hope for him to become Sect Leader, unexpectedly he plotted against Master and push him into a deep ravine, he also inflict serious injuries on me.”

Xu Zhu heard some of these details from Xue MuHua at the underground cave, but he didn’t expect this matter to eventually involve him, he grumbled secretly and said: “Unexpectedly Benefactor Ding did not kill you at that time.”

Su XingHe said: “Don’t think that his humane and spared my life. Firstly, he can’t break through my 5 element trigram, its a complex metaphysical formation, secondly, i told him: ‘Ding ChunQiu, you plotted against Master, your martial art is also better than mine, but you never learn the most profound martial arts of Carefree Sect, the manual of [Divine Skill of the Northern Darkness], you want to look at it or not? The lightness martial art [Graceful Steps upon the Waves], you want to learn it or not? What about [Six Solar Palms Of Heavenly Mountain]? What about [Plum Breaking Hand Of Heavenly Mountain]? What about [Eternal Youth Never Ageing Skill]?”

“All these skills are the high-level martial arts of our Sect, even for our Master his bogged down by too much miscellaneous skills, he didn’t manage to learn all these skills.’ When Ding ChunQiu heard this, his so excited that his body trembled, he said to me: ‘Hand over the manuals of these martial arts, i will spare your life today.’ I told him: ‘How can these manuals be with me? Only Master knows the hidden location of these manuals. Since you want to kill me, just do it.’ Ding ChunQiu told me: ‘The manuals must be near XingXiu Sea, you think i don’t know?’ i told him: ‘Correct, its indeed near XingXiu Sea, go find it yourself if you have the ability.’ He muttered to himself for a long time, XingXiu Sea spans several hundreds li, its really difficult to find these manuals, he told me: ‘Fine, i won’t kill you. But from now on you have to play deaf and mute, you cannot reveal the secrets of our Sect.’”

“Why didn’t he kill me? He just want to leave me alive so that he can extort a confession. If he kill me, nobody will ever know the location of these martial arts manual. In reality, the manuals of these martial arts are not hidden at XingXiu Sea, they have always been kept by our Master and our 2 martial uncles. Ding ChunQiu live at XingXiu Sea, he must have searched through every single stone and pebble, naturally he didn’t find the manuals of these divine skills. He came to trouble me numerous times, but i evaded him using mechanisms, metaphysical arts, etc. This time he tried to ask me again, but seeing the hopeless prospects he tried to kill me to vent his anger.”

Xu Zhu said: “Fortunately senior.......” Su XingHe said: “You are the Sect Leader, why you keep calling me senior, you should call me senior martial brother.” Xu Zhu pondered: “This matter is extremely troublesome, i don’t know when i can finally clarify this mess.” He replied: “The matter on whether you are my senior martial brother or not, we will leave that aside first, even if you are my senior martial brother, you are still my senior.” Su XingHe nod his head and said: “This is quite true. Just now you mention, fortunately i am what?” Xu Zhu said: “Fortunately senior exercise patience, you conserved your strength for that final push, thus at the crucial moment you finally made a surprise attack, the Old Freak of XingXiu suffered a huge defeat and left.”

Su XingHe wave his hands repeatedly and said: “Martial brother, you are wrong, its so obvious that you use the divine internal energy imparted by Master and assisted me, you save my life, how come you are so modest and refuse to admit it? We are fellow apprentices, the position of Sect Leader is already decided, you save my life, i will never covet after your Sect Leader position. From now on you cannot regard me as an outsider.”

Xu Zhu is very curious, he said: “When did i ever assist you? There’s no need to even talk about saving your life.” Su XingHe pondered for a while and said: “Maybe you did it unintentionally, nobody knows. To cut the long story short, you place your palm behind my back, the divine internal energy of our sect transmit into me and turn defeat into victory.” Xu Zhu said: “Oh, so it is. Then its your Master who saved you, i didn’t save you.” Su XingHe said: “I say Master borrowed your hand and save me, you should at least admit this much?” Xu Zhu can’t refute anymore, he nod his head and said: “This is just a simple favour, since you insist then i will just admit it.”

Su XingHe said: “Just now your divine internal energy unexpectedly burst forth and caught Ding ChunQiu off guard and frightened him off. If its a real fight, even if both of us team up together we are still not his match. To kill Ding ChunQiu, firstly your internal energy must be stronger than him, secondly you must be proficient in the high-level martial arts of our sect such as [Six Solar Palms Of Heavenly Mountain], [Plum Breaking Hand Of Heavenly Mountain], etc, the martial arts combined with the internal energy will give rise to enormous power. I got distracted by numerous miscellaneous skills, i did not concentrate on learning martial arts, thus my martial arts cannot be compared against Ding ChunQiu, if not, Master only need to pass on his internal energy into my body and i can simply punish that traitor. Moreover, i have a martial aunt, her internal energy and martial arts are equally formidable, but i don’t know what happen to her, unexpectedly she was hoodwinked by Ding ChunQiu and they join hands to attack my Master. This martial aunt is fond of handsome young man, previously Ding ChunQiu was an elegant young man and he manage to gain the love of this martial aunt. Some of Ding ChunQiu martial arts, like [Minor Formless Skill], was taught by this martial aunt. If we go and trouble Ding ChunQiu, this martial aunt will assist him and it will be difficult to get rid of him. For the past 30 years, Master and i thought of numerous methods but we simply can’t find a suitable person to inherit Master’s martial arts. Master health deteriorated with each passing day, this disciple is even more difficult to find, not only must he have extremely high comprehension, he must also be a handsome youngster, natural and unrestrained......”

Xu Zhu said: “Junior monk is ugly, i am definitely not qualified to be the last disciple of your revered master. Old senior, please go find a handsome, natural and unstrained youngster, i will pass on your revered master’s divine internal energy to him.”

Su XingHe was startled, he said: “The divine internal energy of our sect is interlinked with heart, arteries, qi and blood, if the energy is intact the person is intact, if the energy disappears the person will die. When Master transferred his divine internal energy into you he died soon after, don’t tell me you didn’t see it?”

Xu Zhu stamped his feet repeatedly and said: “What should i do? I really mess up the big plan of senior and your revered master.”

Su XingHe said: “Martial brother, this is the burden you carry. Master arranged this chess formation, its purpose is to test the comprehension of a person. This ‘Zhen Long’ is simply too difficult, i painstakingly research it for over 10 years but i never manage to break it, only you martial brother manage to break it, your ‘comprehension is extremely high’, this phrase is really fitting.”

Xu Zhu laugh bitterly and said: “Its not fitting. I did not break this ‘Zhen Long’.” Thereafter he narrated how his martial grandfather XuanNan transmitted his voice into him and secretly guided him.

Su XingHe is skeptical and said: “I looked at the expression of XuanNan, he already fell under the evil hands of Ding ChunQiu, his internal energy had long be sealed, its not likely that he can use the [Transmitting Voice in Secret] technique.” Su XingHe pause and pondered again, he said: “But Shaolin is the number one orthodox school of martial arts, maybe XuanNan is deliberately trying to make things complicated, i am only a frog at the bottom of the well, its not possible for me to see through his exact thoughts. Martial brother, i send my people to dispatch invitation cards everywhere, i invited all the top experts under the heaven to come and break this ‘Zhen Long’, for all those who love playing chess, once they know there is such a chess meet they will definitely come. But for those who are too old, appearance.......this.....appearance not too handsome, or they are not part of the martial arts fraternity, then they are not invited. Young gentleman Gusu Murong’s appearance is fine as jade, he has vast knowledge of martial arts techniques under the heaven, his the most ideal candidate, unfortunately he can’t break the chess formation.”

Xu Zhu said: “Yes, gentleman Murong is 100 times better than me. There is also gentleman Duan from Dali’s Duan family, his also a fine elegant gentleman.”

Su XingHe said: “Sigh, there is no need to mention this matter. I heard that Dali’s Prince Zhennan Duan ZhengChun excelled in [Yiyang Finger], even more rare is that his romantic and elegant, countless maidens, virgins, middle-age pretty women, once they see him they cannot help but become infatuated and head over heels in love. I send quite a few of my disciples to Dali to invite him, unexpectedly his not at Dali and i don’t know his last whereabouts, but his foolish and clumsy son came instead.”

Xu Zhu gave a faint smile, he said: “This gentleman Duan, both his eyes always staring at Miss Wang.”

Su XingHe shakes his head and said: “Regrettable, regrettable! Duan ZhengChun is frivolous and philandering, his known as ‘Number One Romantic In Martial Arts Fraternity’, but his son is not like him at all, extremely unworthy, his a disgrace to his father’s reputation. He go all out and fawn upon that Miss Wang, but Miss Wang paid no attention to him at all, this is really infuriating!”

Xu Zhu said: “Gentleman Duan is devoted, he should be better than romantic loafers, senior how can you say its regrettable?” Su XingHe said: “He looks smart but his foolish and clumsy, he doesn’t know how to handle women, we don’t need him.” Xu Zhu said: “Yes!” his secretly happy and thought: “So you want to find a handsome youngster to deal with women, this is good, then you will have no use for me, an ugly little monk.”

Su XingHe ask: “Martial brother, did Master ask you to find someone? Or he gave you any map and so on?”

Xu Zhu was stumped for words, he felt this matter is somewhat wrong, he wanted to deny it, but he was instructed by eminent monk at Shaolin since childhood, he must not lie, moreover Buddhist monks are forbidden to lie, to do so is to break a huge rule, thus he stammered: “This......this........”

Su XingHe said: “You are the Sect Leader, anything you ask me i must answer, else you can immediately put me to death. But if i ask you anything, you can choose whether or not to answer, if you don’t like to answer you can simply ask me to shut up and not ask random questions.”

Since Su XingHe said it, Xu Zhu felt its not appropriate to cover up the truth, he wave his hands repeatedly and said: “How can i be arrogant in front of you? Senior, your Master gave this to me.” As he finish speaking he took out a scroll from his bosom, he saw Su XingHe withdraw his body, his expression extremely respectful, he dare not extend his hands to receive the scroll, thus Xu Zhu open up the scroll himself.

As the scroll unfolded, both of them stare blankly at it, they simultaneously cry out in surprise, it seems the scroll is not a map, its also not a drawing of landscape or scenery, but a drawing of a pretty young maiden dressed in palace clothing.

Xu Zhu said: “Its turns out to be Miss Wang.”

TBC...
    Last edited by d4rksinz; 12-06-12 at 09:20 AM.

Another update! Thanks d4rksinz.

Thanks d4rksinz

Default Everlasting happiness

Thanks d4rksinz, i don't know where are you form or what do you do but i can not express my happiness describing. I really am glad for your hard work. Thanks to you, we are able to read this great novel. Thank you very much.

Thks for continuing the story. I like this section on Xu Zhu very much ...

Many thanks for translation, I'm looking forward for the rest of it!

But the quality of the scroll’s silk fabric is old and yellowing, its at least 30-40 years, the ink on the painting has also faded, clearly this painting is old and has been stored for many years, the painting is several times older than Wang YuYan, unexpectedly the painter is able to draw her appearance 10 years or even 100 years ago, this is simply unbelievable. The brush stroke on the painting is neat and lively, the figure is vivid and lifelike, its as if Wang Yu Yan is miniaturize and put into the painting.

Xu Zhu click his tongue in surprise, but he saw Su XingHe extending his right finger and tracing the brush stroke of the painting, he gasp in admiration for a long time, suddenly he seem to rouse from his dream-like state and said: “Martial brother, please don’t take offense, elder brother's bad habit flare up again, when i see this ingenious painting of our Master, i suddenly had the urge to follow and learn it. Sigh, i am biting off more than i can chew, i want to learn everything but in the end i achieved nothing, i suffer a pathetic defeat against Ding ChunQiu.” As he said this, he quickly roll up the scroll and handed it back to Xu Zhu, his afraid that if he look at the painting again he will be hopelessly mesmerized by the brush stroke of the painting. Su XingHe closed his eyes and calm down, he forcefully shakes his head, it seems his trying to forget the brush stroke in the painting, after a while he finally open his eyes and said: “When Master gave this scroll to you, what did he say?”

Xu Zhu said: “He said my internal energy already exceeds Ding ChunQiu, but my martial art is insufficient, i cannot subdue Ding ChunQiu, thus i should take this scroll and go to Dali’s WuLiang Cave and find his huge collections of martial art manuals and learn them. But most likely i can’t master them and i have to find someone to guide me. He said this scroll shows his residence where he live in ease and comfort, then it should be some famous mountains or great rivers, or some secluded and beautiful place, but how come its a portrait of Miss Wang? Could it be that he took the wrong scroll?”

Su XingHe said: “Master’s actions are hard to fathom, you will understand it when the time comes. You have to obey Master’s order, try to improve your martial arts and then get rid of Ding ChunQiu.”

Xu Zhu stammered: “This.....this.....junior monk is Shaolin disciple, i have to go back to Shaolin Temple and report my mission. When i go back to the Temple, i will meditate and study scriptures, i will never come out again.”

Su XingHe had a huge shock, he jump up and burst into tears and cried loudly, there is a ‘Pu’ sound, he knelt down in front of Xu Zhu, he kowtow as if his pounding garlic, he said: “Sect Leader, if you don’t obey Master’s order, then he died for no reason?”

Xu Zhu also knelt down and return his salute, he said: “Junior monk is a Buddhist, i am forbidden to be angry and to kill, previously i promised your revered master to get rid of Ding ChunQiu, but now i think its not appropriate. The rules of Shaolin are very strict, no matter what junior monk cannot change sect, or run amok and commit crimes.” But regardless of how Su XingHe cry and plead, or try to enlighten, or even threaten and compel, Xu Zhu simply refuse to accept.

There is nothing Su XingHe can do, he felt dejected and hopeless, he said to his Master’s corpse: “Master, Sect Leader refuse to obey your orders, disciple is powerless, i will follow you in death.” As he finish speaking he leap up and flip upside down, his dive down from midair head-first, the top of his head smashing towards the stone floor.

Xu Zhu cry out in fear: “You cannot do that!” he quickly hug him. Currently, Xu Zhu’s internal energy is deep and profound, his movement sharp and nimble, his abilities greatly exceeds his past self, Su XingHe could not move an inch when hugged by Xu Zhu.

Su XingHe said: “Why don’t you allow me to commit suicide?” Xu Zhu said: “Monks have to be compassionate, i cannot bear to see you die.” Su XingHe said: “Release me, i definitely don’t want to live anymore.” Xu Zhu said: “I won’t release you!” Su XingHe said: “Don’t tell me you will hold on and never release me for a lifetime?” Xu Zhu thought his words are quite true, he flip Su XingHe upright and put him down, he said: “Fine, i will release you, but i forbid you to commit suicide.”

Su XingHe suddenly had a bright idea, he said: “You forbid me to commit suicide? Yes, i should follow Sect Leader’s orders. Wonderful! Sect Leader, you finally agree to be our Sect Leader!”

Xu Zhu shakes his head and said: “I never agree. When did i ever agree?”

Su XingHe laugh out loudly and said: “Sect Leader, its useless for you to back out. You already gave an order and i already followed your order, from now on i will never commit suicide again. Who do you think Mr Intelligent Su XingHe is? Other than my Sect Leader, who dares to order me around? You can ask Shaolin’s Master XuanNan, or even Abbot XuanCi, both of them don’t dare to order me around.”

While enroute, Xu Zhu already listen to XuanNan narrate the impressive standings of Deaf Mute Old Man in the martial arts fraternity, its definitely not empty words when Su XingHe said no one dares to order him around. Xu Zhu said: “I don’t dare to order you around, but i am merely advising you to cherish your life, its purely out of good intentions.”

Su XingHe said: “I don’t dare to question your intentions. If you ask me to die, i will die immediately. If you ask me to live, i don’t dare to not live. This life and death order is the most powerful authority. If you are not my Sect Leader, how can you randomly order me to die or live?”

Xu Zhu can’t dispute it, he said: “Even if so, then assume that i said the wrong words just now, i withdraw it.”

Su XingHe said: “You withdraw the order that forbid me to commit suicide, then you are asking me to commit suicide. Affirmative, i will immediately commit suicide.” His method of committing suicide is really unusual, he leap up again, flip upside down, head smashing towards the stone floor.

Xu Zhu again quickly hug him firmly, he said: “You cannot do that, you cannot do that! I am not asking you to commit suicide!” Su XingHe said: “En, you forbid me to commit suicide again. I will respectfully comply with Sect Leader’s order!” Xu Zhu put him down, he scratch his bald head, he really don’t know what to say.

Su XingHe is nicknamed Mr Intelligent, this nickname is not for fun, his naturally eloquent, although he never spoke a single word for the past 30 years, but now that he start speaking again his still eloquent. Xu Zhu is still young, his simple and unsophisticated, he never dispute or argue with his martial brothers at Shaolin Temple, how can he be a match against Su XingHe? Xu Zhu pondered: “Withdrawing the order that forbid him to commit suicide is not equivalent to asking him to commit suicide. Not asking him to commit suicide is not equivalent to forbidding him to commit suicide.” But Su XingHe has the gift of the gab, he forestall him with every phrase and sentence, Xu Zhu have no way to defend himself, he stare blankly for quite some time, he sigh and said: “Senior, i can never win this debate against you. But you want me to join your sect, i really cannot comply.”

Su XingHe said: “Before we came in here, what did XuanNan instruct you? The words of Master XuanNan, you will comply or not?” Xu Zhu was startled, he said: “Martial grandfather ask me.....ask me.....ask me to listen to you.”

Su XingHe is very pleased, he said: “Yes, Master XuanNan ask you to listen to me. I am telling you: ‘You should comply with our Master’s order, become our Sect Leader.’ But since you are the Sect Leader already then you don’t have to listen to senior monks from Shaolin anymore. Thus, if you comply with Master XuanNan’s order, then you are our Sect Leader, if you don’t comply with Master XuanNan’s order, you are still out Sect Leader. Only by becoming our Sect Leader can you ignore Master XuanNan’s order, or else how can you disobey your martial grandfather’s instruction?” When Xu Zhu listen to this line of reasoning he thought it made sense, his rendered speechless for a while.

Su XingHe said: “Martial brother, Master XuanNan and the rest of the Shaolin monks, all of them are poisoned by Ding ChunQiu, their life will be in danger if we don’t save them quickly, currently only you alone is capable of saving them. Whether or not to save them is entirely dependent on you.”

Xu Zhu said: “My martial grandfather is certainly poisoned by Ding ChunQiu, as for the rest they are injured, but.....but my ability is lowly, how can i save them?”

Su XingHe smiled and said: “Martial brother, our sect forte is not just restricted to martial arts, medicine, divination, music, chess, calligraphy, painting, our skills are all encompassing. You have a martial nephew called Xue MuHua, he only has superficial medical knowledge, but everyone calls him Divine Physician Xue, his nicknamed ‘Enemy of King of Hell’, isn’t it laughable? XuanNan is injured by Ding ChunQiu’s [Great Energy Dissolving Skill], the square-face monk is injured by that iron-head man’s [Frost Silkworm Palm], the thin and tall monk is kicked by Ding ChunQiu on the left side of his torso around 3 inch below, he injured his meridians........”

Su XingHe kept talking non-stop, he narrated all the ailments and the origin of the injuries of everyone. Xu Zhu is very impress, he said: “Senior, i saw you concentrating on the chess match, you didn’t even look carefully at them or even diagnose them, how come you know so much details?”

Su XingHe said: “The injuries inflicted by martial arts are so obvious that you can easily tell it from just one glance. Only those who are naturally weak and poor in health, or those that suffer cold and heat diseases, they are much harder to diagnose. Martial brother, you have our Master’s 70 years of divine internal energy, its greatly beneficial for treating injuries and illnesses. Great Master XuanNan’s meridians contain poison, its a bit difficult to restore his internal energy, but its effortless to treat his injuries and save his life.” At once he taught Xu Zhu how to channel his energy to massage the acupoints, and the method to expel the frost poison. He also gave detailed guidance on the techniques involved in treating XuanNan, and the techniques involved in treating Feng BoE, since both their poison are different the techniques involved are also different.

Xu Zhu remembered all the techniques taught by Su XingHe, but he only knows how to apply but not the reasoning behind it.

Su XingHe saw Xu Zhu demonstration of the techniques, there are no mistakes, his face revealed a smile and praised: “Sect Leader’s memory is excellent, you understand everything at once.”

Xu Zhu saw his smile is rather furtive, its seem as if he harboured malicious intentions, he cannot help but ask: “Why are you smiling?” Su XingHe immediately became solemn, he bow respectfully and said: “Elder brother don’t dare to laugh or smile, Sect Leader please forgive me if i am not respectful enough.” Xu Zhu is anxious to treat everyone’s injuries, thus he did not pursue this matter anymore, he said: “Let us go outside and take a look!” Su XingHe said: “Yes!” he followed behind Xu Zhu and they went outside the house.

They saw a bunch of injured people sitting cross-legged on the floor, Murong Fu is channelling his internal energy to help relief the suffering of Bao BuTong and Feng BoE. Wang YuYan is attending to GongYe Gan's injuries. Xue MuHua is sweating profusely, his constantly on the move, whoever is in critical condition he will immediately go over and try to save him, but once one patient quieten down another patient starts shouting again. Xue MuHua saw Su XingHe coming out of the house, he felt great comfort, he quickly rush towards him and said: “Master, please think of a method.”

Xu Zhu walk towards XuanNan, his eyes are closed and his channelling his internal energy, Xu Zhu simply stood beside and dare not open his mouth to speak. XuanNan slowly open his eyes, he gave a sigh and said: “I am really incompetent, i suffered under the poisonous hands of Ding ChunQiu and tainted out Shaolin’s reputation, i am really ashamed. Go back and report to to the abbot and tell him....and tell him that i and martial brother XuanTong cannot return back to Shaolin Temple anymore.”

In the past, Xu Zhu met this martial grandfather before, his always stately, charismatic and reliable, but now his expression is sullen, an attitude of desolation, his speech hinted at his intentions to commit suicide, Xu Zhu quickly said: “Martial grandfather, please don’t be too upset, as practitioners of martial arts, our heart must not have anger, no eagerness to compete, no desire in victory and defeat, no desire in gains and losses.......” he kept reciting non-stop, unexpectedly these words are the exact same words used by XuanNan to admonish him and now he recited it back to XuanNan, but suddenly he realize that it doesn’t seem right and he immediately shut up, but he had already said quite a few sentences.

XuanNan gave a slight smile and sigh: “Your words are correct, but your martial grandfather lost all his internal energy, i don’t even have the strength to concentrate on Buddhism anymore.”

Xu Zhu said: “Yes, yes, disciple is naive, i am talking rubbish.” As he was about to try and treat XuanNan’s injuries, he suddenly recalled the suspicious smile on Su XingHe, his was alarmed: “He ask me to use my palm and smack my martial grandfather’s acupoint of the top of his head, how would i know his not trying to harm me? If i really smack down with my palm and unexpectedly kill my martial grandfather, then what should i do?”

XuanNan said: “Go report back to the abbot, our Shaolin Temple will meet great catastrophe in the future, he should take extra precautions against it, be careful when travelling back, you are pure and honest, i am not worried about your Buddhist prohibition and Buddhist devotion, but from now on you must put in more effort on ‘intelligence and wisdom’, you should study attentively the 4 scrolls of <Lankavatara Sutra>. Sigh, its a pity that i can no longer guide you.”

Xu Zhu said: “Yes, yes.” He saw how XuanNan is still concerned about him, he felt really grateful, he said: “Martial grandfather, since our Temple will have great catastrophe, we need you to take care of yourself and go back to assist the abbot, together we will drive away the enemy.” XuanNan force a bitter smile and said: “I...i am hit by Ding ChunQiu [Great Energy Dissolving Skill], i am already a handicapped person, how can i assist the abbot and drive away the enemy?” Xu Zhu said: “Martial grandfather, Mr Intelligent taught me a set of healing method, disciple is overestimating his ability but i wish to try it on martial uncle HuiFang, i ask martial grandfather for permission.”

XuanNan is flabbergasted, he knew the Deaf Mute Old Man is the Master of Divine Physician Xue, the healing method imparted by him must be sensible, but he don’t understand why Su XingHe or even Xue MuHua don’t come forth personally and provide the treatment, he said: “The method imparted by Mr Intelligent is obviously ingenious.” He gave a glance at Su XingHe and said to Xu Zhu: “Go and try it.”

Xu Zhu walk towards HuiFang, he bow and said: “Martial uncle, nephew received orders from martial grandfather, i will treat your injury, please don’t be offended.” HuiFang smile and nod his head. Xu Zhu acted according to the method taught by Su XingHe, he carefully aim the spot below the left side torso, he wave his right palm and strike the spot.

HuiFang groaned, his body swayed, he felt as if there is a hole on his torso, all his blood and vital energy seems to flow out from this hole, his entire body felt empty, he can’t control it at all, but the itch and pain caused by You TanZhi's frost poison instantly vanished. Xu Zhu did not use his internal energy to expel the frost poison, rather, he use his 70 years of <Pure Energy of Northern Darkness> to strike at the torso and open up a hole to drain off the frost poison. Its the same as someone who is bitten by poisonous snake, he will cut open his wound and try to squeeze out the venom. With this technique [Cutting Body With Energy Blade], obviously you cannot hit the wrong spot, but if your internal energy is insufficient and you cannot penetrate the meridians with a single strike, then not only will the poison not drain out, instead the poison will be forced into the inner organs and the patient will suffer a violent death immediately.

Xu Zhu felt unsure when he send out his palm strike, HuiFang sway and slowly stabilize, his frown and expression of pain gradually change into relax happiness, these changes occurred within a short period of time but to Xu Zhu it seems like a few hours.

After a while, HuiFang exhale, he smiled and said: “Good martial nephew, the power in that palm strike is not small.”

Xu Zhu is excited and said: “I don’t dare.” He turn back and said to XuanNan: “Martial grandfather, is it ok if i go treat the rest of the martial uncles?”

Currently, XuanNan expression is extremely happy, but he shakes his head and said: “No! Go treat the other seniors first, after that we treat our own people.”

Xu Zhu trembled in his heart, he quickly said: “Yes!” he pondered: “Others before self, this is the great compassion of Buddhism, the heart to save all living things.” He saw Bao BuTong is in severe pain, his teeth clattering, he immediately walk towards him and said: “Mr Bao, Mr Intelligent taught junior monk a method to treat this frost poison, junior monk only learn it today, i am not proficient, but i will treat Mr Bao. Please forgive my offense.” As he finish speaking he extended his hand and touch Bao BuTong’s chest.

Bao BuTong laugh and said: “What you trying to do?” Xu Zhu raised his right palm, there is a ‘Peng’ sound and he landed the palm on Bao BuTong’s chest. Bao BuTong was furious, he cursed: “Smelly mo.......” but he did not complete the word ‘monk’, the frost poison which had tortured him for so long unexpectedly flow rapidly out of his chest, he swallow his words and dare not curse anymore.

Xu Zhu help the rest of the injured people to drain off You TanZhi’s frost poison, afterwards he went to treat those injured by Ding ChunQiu. Some of these people had poison in their meridians due to Ding ChunQiu [Great Energy Dissolving Skill], Xu Zhu strike his palm at either the ‘Baihui acupoint’ on the top of their head or the ‘Lingtai acupoint’ at their solar plexus, their energy return back to normal and they can use it to slow neutralize the poison themselves. Some of them suffered internal energy injuries, Xu Zhu used his finger to prick their acupoints and dissolve the energy of XingXiu sect. Luckily his memory is extremely good, Su XingHe taught him various different kinds of medical treatment methods and techniques, unexpectedly he remembered all of them clearly, he implemented them accordingly and within the time taken to eat a meal he removed everyone’s pain and ailments. The patients are all very grateful towards him, as for spectators they greatly admire the divine technique of the Deaf Mute Old Man, but when they thought about the fact that his the Master of Divine Physician Xue, they did not think that its odd.

Finally, Xu Zhu walk towards XuanNan, he bow and said: “Martial grandfather, disciple is bold, i want strike my palm on your ‘Baihui acupoint’ on the top of your head.”

XuanNan smiled and said: “You gained the favour of Mr Intelligent, unexpectedly you manage to learn ingenious healing techniques, your affinity with fortune is really not small, go ahead and strike my ‘Baihui acupoint’.”

Xu Zhu bow and said: “Please forgive my boldness!” when he was at Shaolin Temple, his always look at XuanNan from afar, when XuanNan gathered the monks to explain martial arts theories, Xu Zhu will just stand together with the rest and he never get much chance to talk with him, but now he actually have to strike XuanNan’s head, although its for the purpose of medical treatment but he cannot help but feel worried, he also notice that XuanNan’s smile is rather unusual, he don’t understand his intention, he composed himself and said: “Disciple have to offend you, martial grandfather please forgive me!” he took a step foward, his palm targeting XuanNan’s ‘Baihui acupoint’, the force is neither hard nor soft, neither slow nor fast, he wave his palm and strike downwards.

Just as Xu Zhu’s palm touch XuanNan’s forehead, XuanNan suddenly gave a very odd smile, immediately after he gave a long cry and his body suddenly went limp, his body wriggled a few times and he lie prostrate on the floor and was motionless.

All the spectators cried out in alarm, Xu Zhu is so frightened that his heart thumped madly, he hastily rush forward and supported XuanNan. HuiFang and the rest of the monks also rush beside him. When they saw XuanNan, his face revealed a smile but his breathing had stopped, his already dead. Xu Zhu cry out in fear: “Martial grandfather, martial grandfather! What happen to you?”

Suddenly Su XingHe shouted: “Who is it? Stop there!” he arrive swiftly from the southeast corner and said: “Someone made a sneak attack behind, but his movement is very fast, unexpectedly i couldn’t see him properly!” he grabbed XuanNan’s wrist, he frown and said: “Master XuanNan already lost his internal energy, when someone made a sneak attack his completely defenceless and died.” Suddenly he smiled, his expression was very odd.

Xu Zhu's mind is in a mess, he cried and shouted: “Martial grandfather, martial grandfather, you......you why......” suddenly he remembered the furtive smile by Su XingHe when they are inside the wooden house, he said furiously: “Mr Intelligent, tell me the truth, how did my martial grandfather died? Did you intentionally try to harm him?”

Su XingHe knelt down and said: “Reporting to Sect Leader, Su XingHe dare not try to plot against Sect Leader. Master XuanNan unexpected pass away, its certainly due to sneak attack.” Xu Zhu said: “Just now in the wooden house, you gave a weird smile, what is the reason?” Su XingHe was startled and said: “Did i smile? Did i smile? Sect Leader you have to extremely careful, someone........” he did not completely his sentence as he abruptly stop talking, his face revealed an extremely odd smile.

Xue MuHua cry out loudly: “Master!” he hurriedly took out a bottle of antidote from his bosom, he quickly took off the bottle stopper and pour 3 pills onto his hand and stuff it into Su XingHe’s mouth. But Su XingHe already stop breathing, he did not swallow the pill. Xue MuHua burst into tears: “Master is poisoned by Ding ChunQiu and died, Ding ChunQiu this evil traitor.......” his crying so badly that he can’t speak anymore.

Kang GuangLing threw himself at Su XingHe’s body, Xue MuHua quickly grabbed his back and forcefully pull him back, he weep: “There is poison on Master’s body.” Fan BaiLing, Gou Du, Wu LingJun, Feng ASan, Li KuiLei, Shi QingFeng, all 8 disciples stood beside Su XingHe, they felt anger and sadness.

Kang GuangLing followed Su XingHe for a long time, he knows all the sect rules and regulations, when he saw his Master kneel down in front of Xu Zhu and refer him as ‘Sect Leader’, he already knew 80-90% of what is going on, he closely examined Xu Zhu’s finger, his indeed wearing a gem ring, Kang GuangLing said: “All fellow martial brothers, follow me and pay our respects to the new Sect Leader.” As he finish speaking he knelt down in front of Xu Zhu and kowtow. Fan BaiLing and the rest was startled, they suddenly realize the truth and also follow suit and kowtow.

Xu Zhu is disconcerted, he said: “Ding....Ding ChunQiu that treacherous Benefactor, he killed my martial grandfather and also killed you Master.”

Kang GuangLing said: “Kill that wicked traitor to avenge them, we ask Sect Leader to take charge of this important matter.”

Xu Zhu is just a little monk without any worldly experience, as for his martial arts knowledge, fame and prestige, everyone present here are all superior to him, he thought: “I have to take revenge for martial grandfather, I have to take revenge for Mr Intelligent, I have to take revenge for that old man in the wooden house!” he shouted loudly: “I will definitely kill Ding ChunQiu....Ding ChunQiu this evil person.....this treacherous Benefactor.”

Kang GuangLing kowtow again and said: “Martial uncle Sect Leader agreed to deal with that traitor and avenge my Master, nephew is extremely grateful towards Martial uncle Sect Leader.” Fan BaiLing, Xue MuHua and the rest, all of them kowtow. Xu Zhu quick knelt down to return the courtesy and said: “I don’t deserve it, i don’t deserve it, everyone please get up.” Kang GuangLing said: “Martial uncle, nephew have another thing to report, but there are too many people here, i invite you into the wooden house so that i can personally tell you.” Xu Zhu said: “Ok!”

Xu Zhu followed Kang GuangLing and they are about to enter the wooden house, suddenly Fan BaiLing said: “Wait! Our Master contracted that old traitor’s poison inside that house, Martial uncle Sect Leader and senior martial brother, its best that you don’t go in, that old traitor is full of tricks, you cannot guard against him.” Kang GuangLing nod his head and said: “You words are reasonable! Martial uncle Sect Leader’s body is very precious, we cannot let him take the risk.” Xue MuHua said: “The two of you just speak here. We will keep watch and guard against that old traitor's schemes.” As he finish speaking he walk somewhere else, Feng ASan, Wu LingJun and the rest, all walk out to around 10 zhang.

Murong Fu, Deng BaiChuan and they rest, all of them saw the sect members move away. Although Juimozhi, Duan YanQing and the rest found it odd, but the matter did not concern them and they also left the area without consulting anyone.

Kang GuangLing said: “Martial uncle.......” Xu Zhu said: “I am not your martial uncle, i am also not your Sect Leader, i am a monk from Shaolin, i am not related to your Carefree Sect.” Kang GuangLing said: “Martial uncle, how can you not acknowledge it? The name ‘Carefree Sect’, outsiders will never know this name. If outsiders accidentally or deliberately hears it, than base on our sect rules, they will be killed without fail.” Xu Zhu shivered, he thought: “This rule is too evil. If i don’t agree to join their sect then it means they will kill me?”

Kang GuangLing said again: “Martial uncle, just now the techniques you displayed to treat everyone, its precisely base on the internal energy of our sect. Nephew don’t dare to ask martial uncle how you join the sect and inherited the energy from Grand-Master. But maybe martial uncle manage to break Grand-Master’s chess formation, my Master acted according to the orders of Grand-Master and accepted you and pass on the Sect Leader position to you. To cut the long story short, the ‘Carefree Immortal Ring’ is on martial uncle’s finger, when our Master died he kowtow to you and also address you as Sect Leader, martial uncle you don’t have to give excuse anymore. Its pointless for you to evade responsibility.”

Xu Zhu look to the left and right, he saw HuiFang and the rest carrying the corpse of XuanNan to the side, he also saw the corpse of Su XingHe still kneeling on the floor and his face still revealed an odd smile, he heart ached and said: “I can’t fully explain the situation now, now my martial grandfather is dead, i really don’t know what to do, old senior........”

Kang GuangLing hastily knelt down and said: “Martial uncle you definitely cannot address me like this, you will really shorten nephew’s life!” Xu Zhu frown and said: “Fine, please get up.” Kang GuangLing got up. Xu Zhu said: “Old senior......” he just said these words, Kang GuangLing immediately knelt down again with a ‘Pu’ sound.

Xu Zhu said: “Sorry, I forgot, i can’t address you like this. Please get up.” He took out the scroll given to him by the old man and open it, he said: “Your Master ask me to rely on this scroll to try and learn martial arts and then punish Benefactor Ding.”

Kang GuangLing look at the pretty lady in the painting, he shakes his head and said: “Nephew don’t understand the undying meaning, martial uncle you should keep this painting properly and don’t let outsiders see it. Since my Master said it, then i invite martial uncle to take his view into consideration and act accordingly. Nephew wants to report about the poison contracted by our Master, its called <Carefree Three Smile Powder>. This poison is formless and invisible, initially after contracting the poison, the victim’s face will reveal an odd smile but they victim doesn’t know it, after smiling 3 times the victim will die.”

Xu Zhu lowered his head and said: “I am really ashamed, when your revered master contracted the poison, his face revealed an odd smile, but i gauge others with my own lowly character, i suspected he had bad intentions, if at that time i had candidly asked him about his smile, your revered master would have applied medical treatment immediately and it won’t reach this stage.”

Kang GuangLing shakes his head and said: “Once you contract this <Carefree Three Smile Powder> its difficult to save. This <Carefree Three Smile Powder> is one of the reason why Old Traitor Ding can go on a rampage without fear. Everyone knows about the famous [Great Energy Dissolving Skill], but you will only lose your internal energy temporarily, you will still survive, once the poison is cleared from your meridians you can channel your internal energy again. But if you contract this <Carefree Three Smile Powder>, you will close your eyes and never open them again.”

Xu Zhu shakes his head and said: “This is really vicious! At time i was standing beside your master, i did not know how Ding ChunQiu manage to use his poison, my martial art is poor, experience low, how come Ding ChunQiu never poison me and spared my life?”

Kang GuangLing said: “Maybe he thinks your ability is lowly, not worth the effort to poison. Martial uncle Sect Leader, you are so young, how great can you be? Although the techniques you use to treat poison is good but they are taught by my Master, its really nothing, Ding ChunQiu won’t bother about you.” As he finish speaking he suddenly realize that his speech is really rude, he quickly said: “Martial uncle Sect Leader, i spoke frankly just now, you might feel offended, but even if you are offended i still feel your martial art is not good.”

Xu Zhu said: “You are absolutely correct, my martial art is extremely poor, Old Traitor Ding.....sin, sin, junior monk spoke foul language, i violated the prohibition against foul language, its really unbecoming behaviour of Buddhist....that Ding ChunQiu Benefactor Ding really finds me not worth killing.”

Xu Zhu is simple and unsophisticated, Kang GuangLing is not familiar with worldly affair, Ding ChunQiu sneak into the wooden house and eavesdrop on Su XingHe imparting techniques to treating injuries and poison, why would he not plot against Xu Zhu? Why would he spare Xu Zhu just because his martial art is lowly? The <Carefree Three Smile Powder> is transmitted using internal energy, the poison is shot onto the body of the victim, when Ding ChunQiu is in the wooden house, he already use his internal energy to flick the <Carefree Three Smile Powder> onto Su XingHe and Xu Zhu, afterwards he also flick the poison on XuanNan. Su XingHe is weary and exhausted after the fierce battle, XuanNan lost his internal energy, both of them contracted the poison. But Xu Zhu is equipped with 70 years of divine internal energy, the internal energy of Ding ChunQiu did not even reach his body and got repelled back, all the deadly poison reflected onto Su XingHe, Xu Zhu did not contract the slightest bit of poison. When fighting face to face with another opponent, Ding ChunQiu don’t dare to use <Carefree Three Smile Powder> because he feared his opponent’s internal energy might be formidable and reflect the poison back at him.

Kang GuangLin said: “Martial uncle, you are not right. Carefree Sect is the most sacred, we keep to ourselves and operate alone, aren’t we free and leisurely? You are our Sect Leader, no one can control you in this world. You should shed your kasaya as soon as possible, grow your hair and take 17-18 young lady as wife. Why do you even care about Buddha or not? What prohibition against foul language, or prohibition against good language?”

As he spoke, Xu Zhu kept on reciting “Amituofo”. Xu Zhu said: “In front of me, don’t you ever say such blasphemous words against Buddha again. You said you have something to report to me, what is it?”

TBC.....
    Last edited by d4rksinz; 08-19-12 at 09:13 PM.

Default Thank You

hi, how are you? Thanks again for your update. Thank you.