Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

Hmm, XZ is quite quick on the uptake in terms of techniques.. Too bad adaptations always make him out to seem stupid.

XZ is actually quite gifted. His not smart or particularly talented, but his very hardworking and he possess superb memory. His gift in memorising will be emphasize during later chapters.

I won't say his stupid but his too honest, naive and trusting to the point that he appears stupid .
    Last edited by d4rksinz; 08-21-12 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by d4rksinz View Post
    XZ is actually quite gifted. His not smart or particularly talented, but his very hardworking and he possess superb memory. His gift in memorising will be emphasize during later chapters.

I won't say his stupid but his too honest, naive and trusting to the point that he appears stupid .
    Can you modify your usage of "his" to "he's" which is the contraction for he is.

His is a possessive usage of that word indicating ownership such has "his sword", "his horse", whereas he's would be used in the way you describe above -- "but he's too honest...."

I noticed you have this habit in your translation as well. Hopefully you will find this tip helpful.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Thanks d4rksinz

Kang GuangLing said: “Ayo, i am really old and muddle-headed, i didn’t talk about the main point after talking for so long. Martial uncle Sect Leader, don’t follow in my footsteps when you grow up. Terrible, terrible, i diverted from the main topic again, i didn’t talk about the main point, damn it! Martial uncle Sect Leader, i request a very important thing from you, i hope you can approve.”

Xu Zhu said: “What is this big thing that needs my approval, i am really not worthy.”

Kang GuangLing said: “Alas! This is an important sect matter, if i don’t seek approval from Sect Leader then who i ask for approval? The eight of us fellow apprentices, we were expelled by our Master, its not really our fault, its just that Master feared that Ding ChunQiu would try to harm us and he can’t bear to cut our tongue or pierce our eardrum, thus he expelled us. Today, Master took back his orders and let us rejoin the sect but he did not report this matter to Sect Leader, we have yet to formally pay our respects and become his disciples thus we can’t be considered as part of the sect, hence we hope to get permission from Sect Leader else we will still be lonely ghost without any sect till the day we die, we have no standings at all in the martial arts fraternity, its really unpleasant!”

Xu Zhu pondered: “This Sect Leader of Carefree Sect i definitely cannot take this position, but if i refuse their request they will definitely nag and tangle with me, i will just allow it and see how it goes.” He said: “Since your Master already permit it, naturally you all are part of the sect, why worry?”

Kang GuangLing rejoiced, he turn his head and shouted: “Martial brothers, the Sect Leader has allowed us to rejoin the sect!”

When the rest of the ‘Eight Friends of Hangu’ heard it, all of them are excited, 2nd brother ‘Chess Fanatic’ Fang BaiLing, 3rd brother ‘Bookworm’ Gou Du, 4th brother ‘Painting Expert’ Wu LingJun, 5th brother ‘Enemy of King of Hell’ Xue MuHua, 6th brother ‘Marvellous Craftsman’ Feng ASan, 7th sister ‘Flower Married Woman’ Shi QingFeng, 8th brother ‘Love Singing Opera’ Li KuiLei, all of them rush over to kowtow and give thanks to the Sect Leader, but when they thought about their Master who can’t witness them rejoin the sect, they cried bitterly.

Xu Zhu felt really embarrassed, ever single matter he handled further solidify his “Sect Leader” status, its getting harder and harder for him to break away from the responsibility. His a disciple of a famous orthodox school, Shaolin, but he ended up as the Sect Leader of some demonic sect, isn’t it absurd? He saw Fan BaiLing and the rest are so happy that they are in tears, if he object to being the Sect Leader now it would really spoil the mood, thus he had no choice but to shake his head and force a smile. As he turn his head, Murong Fu, Duan Yu, Wang YuYan, the six ‘Hui-generation’ monks as well as the corpse of XuanNan, all of them disappeared, only the 9 of them from Carefree Sect are left in the pine forest, Xu Zhu was surprised: “Yi, where did everyone go?”

Wu LingJun said: “Gentleman Murong and the senior monks from Shaolin saw us talking endlessly, they parted and left!”

Xu Zhu shouted: “AiYo!” he extended his legs and chase after them, he wanted to find HuiFang and the rest and return back to Shaolin to report back to the abbot and his own Master; at the same time, he also have the intention to slip away and break away from the disciples of Carefree Sect.

He travelled swiftly for an hour, running faster and faster but he never saw the six ‘Hui-generation’ monks. He is equipped with 70 years of Carefree Sect’s divine energy, his running speed is as fast as a fine horse, actually when he ran down the mountain ridge he already overtook the six ‘Hui-generation’ monks. He thought he was lagging behind and he kept on chasing, in his haste he did not notice the 6 monks around a corner of a mountain, after a few turns he already outpace them and left them far behind.

Xu Zhu kept on chasing until dusk, but he still did not see his martial uncles, he found it really strange and suspected that he must have took the wrong fork in the road and he backtrack 20 li and inquired information from passer-by, but nobody saw the 6 monks. Running back and forth, unexpectedly he did not feel tired at all, but its getting dark and he is getting hungry, he arrive at a restaurant at the outskirt of a small town, he found a seat and ordered two bowls of vegetarian noodles.

The vegetarian noodles did not arrive immediately and Xu Zhu glance around in all directions, suddenly he heard a clear and bright voice beside him: “Monk, you waiting for someone?” Xu Zhu turn his head, he saw a youngster wearing green robe sitting at the west seat beside a window, the youngster’s skin is fair and clear, appearance very beautiful, around 17-18 years of age, the youngster is grinning at him.

Xu Zhu said: “Yes! I want to ask little gentleman, did you see 6 monks?” the youngster said: “I didn’t see 6 monks, but i did see 1 monk.” Xu Zhu said: “En, 1 monk, may i ask little gentleman where you saw him?” the youngster replied: “I saw him right here in this restaurant.”

Xu Zhu pondered: “1 monk, then its not martial uncle HuiFang and the rest of the group. But i can still find out some information about this monk.” He said: “Gentleman, may i ask about the appearance of the monk? How old is he? He is headed in which direction?”

The youngster smiled and said: “This monk has high forehead and big ears, his mouth broad and thick lips, his nostril tilting upwards, his around 23-24 years old, his currently waiting for 2 bowl of vegetarian noodles in this restaurant, he has yet to leave.”

Xu Zhu laugh out loudly and said: “Little gentleman is referring to me.” The youngster said: “Gentleman is just gentleman, why the need to add the word ‘little’? I called you monk, i didn’t call you little monk.” This youngster’s voice is tender and delicate, its melodious and pleasant to the ears. Xu Zhu said: “Yes, i should address you as gentleman.”

While they were talking, the waiter had delivered the 2 bowl of vegetarian noodles. Xu Zhu said: “Gentleman, junior monk will start eating the noodles.” The youngster said: “Green vegetables and mushroom, no oil and grease, how can it be tasty? Come, come over here, i let you eat some boiled pork and roasted chicken.” Xu Zhu said: “Sin, sin. Junior monk has never touch meat and fish in his entire life, gentleman please help yourself.” As he finish speaking he turn his body around and start eating the noodles, his unwilling to look at the how the youngster eats the chicken and meat.

Xu Zhu is very hungry, in a short period of time he finish more than half a bowl of noodle, suddenly he heard the youngster shouted: “Yi, what is this?” Xu Zhu turn his head and saw the youngster holding a spoon with his right hand, the youngster scoop some soup and was about to drink it when he suddenly found some bizarre object, the spoon stop around half chi from his mouth, his left hand grasping something. The youngster stood up, his right hand pinching the object and he walk towards Xu Zhu and said: “Monk, look at this bug, isn’t it strange?”

Xu Zhu saw him pinching a small black beetle, this kind of beetle can be found everywhere, definitely not some strange object, Xu Zhu ask: “How is it strange?” the youngster said: “The shell of this beetle is hard and stiff, bright and glossy, it seems to be coated with a layer of oil.” Xu Zhu said: “En, ordinary beetle are like this.” The youngster said: “Really?” he drop the beetle on the floor, crush it with his feet and walk back to his seat. Xu Zhu sigh and said: “Sin, sin!” he lowered his head and resume eating his noodles.

He did not eat for an entire day, this noodle seems to be very fragrant and sweet, he even drank all the noodle broth, he took his second bowl of noodle and ate it, suddenly the youngster burst into loud laughter and said: “Monk, i thought you are a good monk with strict disciple, but you are really just a hypocrite!” Xu Zhu said: “I am a hypocrite?” the youngster said: “You said you never touch any meat and fish your entire life, but this bowl of chicken broth noodle, how come you ate it with gusto?” Xu Zhu said: “Gentleman you must be joking. This is obviously green vegetables and mushroom noodles, where is the chicken broth? I specially reminded the waiter, he cannot add the slightest bit of lard.”

The youngster smiled and said: “You said you never eat meat and fish, but when you drank the chicken broth you savoured it with relish. Monk, let me add another spoonful of chicken broth to that noodle!” as he finish speaking he scoop the soup from the roasted chicken and stood up.

Xu Zhu had a huge shock, he said: “You....you.....just now you....already....”

The youngster smiled and said: “Yes, just now i added a spoonful of chicken broth in that noodle, don’t tell me you didn’t see it? Ayo, monk, quickly close your eyes, pretend you didn’t see it, i will add a spoonful of chicken broth to you noodle, guarantee to enhance the flavour of the noodle, anyway you didn’t add it yourself, Buddha won’t blame you.”

Xu Zhu was shock and angry, he realize the beetle just now was meant to misdirect him and divert his gaze, the youngster used this opportunity to add a spoonful of chicken broth into the noodle, when he drank the noodle broth its indeed exceptionally tasty, but because he never drank chicken broth before he don’t know the taste, now that the chicken broth is already in his stomach, what should he do? Should he try to vomit it out? He really don’t know what to do for the moment.

The youngster suddenly said: “Monk, the 6 monks you are looking for, see they arrive here!” he pointed at the door.

Xu Zhu was excited he quickly rush to the door and look at the street, but there’s no monk at all. He knew he got cheated by the youngster again, he felt really unhappy, but monks cannot be angry and he forcefully repress his anger, he kept silent and return back to eat his noodles.

Xu Zhu pondered: “This little gentleman is so young, but he likes to play prank on me.” He picked up his chopsticks and quickly ate another half bowl of noodle, suddenly his teeth bite onto a smooth and greasy object, he was startled and quickly look at his bowl, there is a big piece of fatty meat within his noodles, but half of it is gone, obviously he ate it already. Xu Zhu slam his chopsticks on the table, he shouted: “Suffering, suffering!”

The youngster laugh and said: “Monk, this fatty meat is not nice? Why are you complaining?”

Xu Zhu said furiously: “You trick me to go to the door, but you put a piece of fatty meat at the bottom of the bowl. My....in my 23 years of life, i never touch meat and fish, but....all this is destroyed by you!”

The youngster gave a faint smile and said: “The taste of this fatty meat, isn’t it 10 times better than vegetables and tofu? You are really foolish not to eat it.”

Xu Zhu frown and stood up, he stick his right hand into his throat, he tried hard to vomit out the fatty meat but he can’t do it, his thoughts are in a whirl, suddenly he heard a disturbance outside, a lot of people entered the restaurant.

He gave a quick glance, among these people are XingXiu disciples, he secretly cried out: “Ayo, not good, i will die if i get caught by Old Freak of XingXiu!” he quickly rush to the rear door, trying to escape the restaurant, but when he open the door and entered its actually a bedroom. As Xu Zhu was about to step out of the room, he heard someone shout behind him: “Shop owner, shop owner, quickly bring some wine and meat!” the XingXiu disciples already entered the parlor.

Xu Zhu dare not step out of the room, he close the door lightly. Suddenly he heard someone said: “Find some place for this big belly monk to rest.” The voice is from Ding ChunQiu. A XingXiu disciple said: “Yes!” his footsteps heavy, he walk towards the bedroom. Xu Zhu was alarmed, he was at his wits end, he lowered his body and squeeze under the bed. His head went under the bed and bumped into something, a voice cried out softly: “Ah!” it seem someone was hiding under the bed. Xu Zhu was even more frighten, as he was about to withdraw the XingXiu disciple carried HuiJing and entered the bedroom, he put HuiJing on the bed and went out.

Xu Zhu heard someone whispering in his ear: “Monk, is the fatty meat tasty? What are you scared of?” its the youngster. Xu Zhu pondered: “You movement is quite nimble, you are even faster than me and hid yourself under the bed.” He spoke softly: “There’s a group of evil people outside, gentleman you definitely cannot make any sound.” The youngster said: “How you know they are evil people?” Xu Zhu said: “I recognize them. They murder people without blinking an eye, they are not playing around.”

The youngster was about to ask Xu Zhu to keep quiet, suddenly, HuiJing shouted: “There is someone under the bed, there is someone under the bed!”

Xu Zhu and the youngster was alarmed, both of them crawl out from under the bed. They saw Ding ChunQiu standing by the door, he is sneering at them, his expression very proud and yet malicious.

The youngster is so frightened that his face lost colour, immediately he knelt down and shouted: “Master!” Ding ChunQiu smiled and said: “Very good, very good! Hand it over.” The youngster said: “Its not with disciple!” Ding ChunQiu said: “Then where is it?” The youngster said: “Its at Liao Empire Nanjing city.” Ding ChunQiu revealed an ominous glint, he said in a deep and low voice: “You still trying to deceive me at this moment? I will make you life so miserable that you will be begging for death.” The youngster said: “Disciple don’t dare to lie to Master.” Ding ChunQiu gaze swept across to Xu Zhu, he ask the youngster: “How come your together with him?” The youngster said: “I met him just now at this restaurant.” Ding ChunQiu snorted: “Lies!” he stared ferociously at both of them and walk back out. Four XingXiu disciples rush into the bedroom and surrounded the two of them.

Xu Zhu was frighten and angry, he said: “So you are XingXiu disciple!”

The youngster stamped his feet and said fiercely: “Stinky monk, its your fault, you still dare comment on me!”

One of the XingXiu disciple said: “Senior martial sister, how are you?” his tone frivolous, his expression rejoicing in other people’s misfortune.

Xu Zhu ask curiously: “How come?....you....you....”

The youngster spit in contempt and said: “Stupid monk, stinky monk, obviously i am a woman, don’t tell me you can’t tell from a single glance?”

Xu Zhu pondered: “So this little gentleman is a woman, and she is also a XingXiu disciple, not only that, she is also their Senior martial sister. Oh my goodness, this is bad! She made me drink chicken broth and eat fatty meat, i am afraid she poisoned them.”

This youngster is AhZi in disguise. Although she has endlessly glory and wealth in Liao Empire, but her natural disposition is active and restless, after living there for a long time she started to feel bored, Xiao Feng is often busy with official business and cannot accompany her to go hunting or play. One day, she felt moody and left the Palace alone to play. Initially she planned to return by evening but she met someone along the way, unexpectedly this person provoke her with words, he said that although she is pretty but she did not have any male companions, its unavoidable that she will be lonely. AhZi recalled her tender sentiments towards Xiao Feng, but he never reciprocate it, she felt indignant and immediately thought of killing the person to vent her anger, the person escape quickly and AhZi pursued him for a long distance, finally she managed to kill the person with poison, but she was very far from Nanjing, thus she made us of this opportunity and explore Central Plains. She wandered around everywhere, its really a lucky coincidence as she managed to meet Xu Zhu and Ding ChunQiu at the same time. She played a prank on Xu Zhu and made him violate his religious precept, its purely on the spur of the moment and she did not have any other evil intentions.

AhZi thought her Master is living comfortably at XingXiu Sea, he will never come to Central Plains, unexpectedly, her Master personally came to Central Plains to get back the [Divine Wooden King Tripod] and they so happen to meet at this small restaurant. She is scared out of wits, she berated Xu Zhu loudly to try to force herself to calm down but that is useless as her voice trembled endlessly, she quickly tried to think of an idea to escape: “The only option is to trick Master to go to Nanjing, i will let brother-in-law kill Master, this is the only way out for me. Other than brother-in-law, no one else can defeat my Master. Luckily i left the [Divine Wooden King Tripod] at Nanjing, Master will definitely try to get back this rare treasure.”

As she thought of this idea she calmed down a little, but she is having second thoughts: “But what if Master get rid of all my martial arts and make me a handicap, after that he drag me to Nanjing, i am afraid this kind of torture is worse than death.” In a split second her face lost all its colour again.

A XingXiu disciple walk towards the door, he smile happily and said: “Senior martial sister, Master is summoning you.”

When AhZi heard the summon from her Master, its as if a mouse heard the purr of a cat, she is so frighten that her bones turned limp, she know that she cannot run away and followed the XingXiu disciple to the lobby.

Ding ChunQiu is seated alone at a table, there are food and wine on the table, the rest of the disciples stood far away with their hands straighten down, their expression reverent and respectful, they dare not breath heavily. AhZi step forward and call out: “Master!” she knelt down.

Ding ChunQiu said: “Where exactly is it?” AhZi said: “I dare not lie to Master, its indeed at Liao Empire Nanjing city.” Ding ChunQiu said: “Where is it located at Nanjing city?” AhZi said: “The official residence of Lord Xiao, Lord of Southern Chancellery.” Ding ChunQiu frown and said: “How come it fell into the hands of a Khitan dog?”

AhZi said: “It didn’t. When disciple reach the north, i fear losing Master’s treasure or accidentally damage it, thus i secretly buried it in the rear garden of Lord Xiao’s residence. The hiding spot is extremely secluded, the garden is around 400 hectares, other than disciple no one else can find this [Divine Wooden King Tripod], Master you can put your heart at ease.”

Ding ChunQiu sneered: “Only you can find it? Heng, little trash, you are really difficult to deal with, you trying to stop me from killing you! After killing you, i can’t find the [Divine Wooden King Tripod] correct?”

AhZi shivered, her voice trembled with fear: “If Master refuse to forgive disciple act of willfulness and strip all my martial arts, pick off all my tendon and veins, break my hand and feet, then disciple would rather die immediately and will never reveal the Divine Tripod...the Divine Tripod....the location of the Divine Tripod.” As she reach the end of her speech, she is so frightened that she can’t even articulate properly.

Ding ChunQiu smiled and said: “You little trash, you even dare to haggle with me. My XingXiu Sect have such a powerful figure like you, i did not guard against you beforehand, its really an oversight for Divine Elder of XingXiu!”

One of the XingXiu disciple suddenly shouted: “Divine Elder of XingXiu sees the past and future, you know the [Divine Wooden King Tripod] will be stolen, thus you made use of AhZi and let the treasure undergo hardships so that it can be further refined and increase the magic power of the Divine Tripod.”

Another disciple said: “All the things in this world, which one of them is not within the divine calculation of Divine Elder of XingXiu? Divine Elder is modest and dismissed his achievements, all disciples you cannot take it seriously!”

Another disciple said: “Divine Elder of XingXiu display his little trick and killed XuanNan a top expert from Shaolin, he also exterminate the Deaf Mute Old Man and his disciples, since ancient times, where can you find such person who achieve overwhelming victory? Little AhZi, no matter how crafty and scheming you are, you can never escape from the palm of Divine Elder of XingXiu. Stop trying to be stubborn and plead guilty.” Ding ChunQiu smiled and nod his head, he twirl his fingers and listen.

Xu Zhu is standing in the bedroom and he heard everything clearly, he pondered: “Martial grandfather and Mr Intelligent are indeed killed by Benefactor Ding. Alas, there is no need to even talk about revenge, i can’t even save my own small life.”

The crowd of XingXiu disciples all gave their remark, they kept urging AhZi to quickly surrender and confess honestly, while they are threatening her, more than half of the speech is praising the prestige of Divine Elder of XingXiu, for every sentence that is directed at AhZi they have to add another 3 sentence to sing praises on Ding ChunQiu.

The greatest craving in Ding ChunQiu’s entire life is to listen to other people flatter him, the more corny and sappy the speech, the happier he is, he is already flattered by his disciples for over 10 years, he firmly believes their speech and felt that their praises are true. If a disciple did not exaggerate the praise, he will feel the disciple is not loyal enough. All the disciples are fully aware of Ding ChunQiu’s temper, whenever there is an opportunity they will do their utmost and make a huge fanfare in their praises, they know their life will be in danger if their praises are lacking. In reality, these XingXiu disciples are not born shameless, they are merely shaped by their circumstances, if they don’t behave in a certain way they cannot survive, thus after a long time their habits became natural and they no longer feel any shame when flattering or singing praises.

Ding ChunQiu twirl his fingers in delight, his eyes are shut yet appears to be open, he is feeling smug and revel in the praises of his disciples. While fighting with Su XingHe, a huge portion of Ding ChunQiu’s long beard got burnt off, now only a few remains, afterwards he secretly deployed his deadly poison the <Carefree Three Smile Powder> and poisoned Su XingHe to death, thus he can be considered to be the victor in his battle with Su XingHe, now that he has fewer beard he appeared younger by 10 years.

He plotted secretly: “AhZi that little girl, its difficult for her to escape the control of Divine Elder, tomorrow i will accept her back as a maid. But that little monk in that bedroom, i need to deal with him carefully, unexpectedly he did not die from my <Carefree Three Smile Powder>, later i will use my [Great Energy Dissolving Skill] and kill his dog life. I will then be able to get my hands on the Sect Leader’s ‘Carefree Immortal Ring’, wonderful, wonderful!”

After the time taken to eat a meal, the praises gradually died down, however there is still some who delve deep into open discussion and kept on praising, Ding ChunQiu raise his left hand and the praises stopped immediately, the disciples said in unison: “The achievements and virtue of Divine Elder of XingXiu covers heaven and earth, disciples are simple minded, we are not worthy to convey your greatness.” Ding ChunQiu smiled and nod his head, he said to AhZi: “AhZi, what else you have to say?”

AhZi suddenly had an idea: “In the past, i was my Master’s favourite, its because my flattering and boot-licking skill stands out from the masses, i am different from this bunch of stupid people, 100 years later and they still keep on saying these cliches.” She said: “Master, disciple secretly took your [Divine Wooden King Tripod] to play, there is a reason behind it.”

Ding ChunQiu roll his eyes and ask: “What reason?”

AhZi said: “Master, previously you look older, your power isn’t as great as your current younger self, you gained power with the help of the Divine Tripod and use it to practice your skills. But in recent years, anyone who come across Master will witness your peerless magical powers, this Divine Tripod is merely an object that gathers poison, compared to the achievements of Master, its like comparing firefly with the sun, they cannot be mentioned in the same breath. If Master is unwilling to discard this Divine Tripod its only because of past sentiments, nothing more. All these disciples make a big fuss, they claim this Divine Tripod is some important treasure, it will delay important matters if its lost, they are really silly and stupid, they really look down on Master’s remarkable magical powers.”

Ding ChunQiu nod his head repeatedly and said: “En, en, your words are logical, your words are logical!”

AhZi continued: “Disciple thought, the martial arts of XingXiu Sect is so strong, the other sects all cannot be compared to us, but Master is gracious and magnanimous, you don’t want to argue with the lesser informed, its beneath your dignity to personally travel to Central Plains and teach these ill-informed people a lesson. But some of the people in the martial arts fraternity are arrogant, they knew Master won’t bicker with them and they started boasting and flaunting, they claim they are some kind of top expert or famous martial arts family. But no matter how they boast they still don’t dare to come to XingXiu Sea to receive a few moves from Master. Master’s appearance and mine are similar, they thought you are some newly recruited disciple, but they didn’t expect you to be the great founding father with unrivalled martial arts and peerless divine power. Everyone who practice martial arts all knows Master’s skill is deep and unfathomable, but its just ‘deep and unfathomable’, nobody can describe how ‘deep’ it is.”

Her voice is melodious, every single word registered deeply in Ding ChunQiu’s heart, it really is much better than the loud and tasteless praise from the rest of the disciples. Ding ChunQiu is getting more and more cheerful, his smiling so broadly that his eyes became a single line, he cannot help but nod repeatedly, feeling very pleased with himself.

AhZi continued: “Disciple had a childish thought, Master have such remarkable magic powers, if you don’t go to Central Plains and display a few moves these ill-informed people will never broaden their horizon, they will never know there is someone even better than them. Thus i had an idea, i want to invite Master to Central Plains and teach them some lessons. But if i just simply invite Master then its too ordinary, its not suited to the status of Master as the number one expert. Hence, disciple borrowed your Divine Tripod, the purpose is to urge Master to come to Central Plains and let everyone see you, the handsome youngster. Master is so young and handsome, you look like my younger brother, everyone calls you ‘Divine Elder of XingXiu’, its simply unreasonable. XingXiu Sect have such a handsome youngster like you, don’t tell me they have no eyes?” AhZi is naturally smart and intelligent, moreover all female have keen eye on ‘everlasting youth and good looks’, she long noticed that her Master is worried about the effectiveness of [Eternal Youth Never Ageing Skill], the more he worry about everlasting youth, the more she have to compliment that he is youthful, thus she says that calling him ‘Handsome Youngster of XingXiu’ is much better than ‘Divine Elder of XingXiu’. After she finish speaking, she noticed her Master’s expression is favourable and enchanted, it seems her words hit the correct main points.

Ding ChunQiu chuckled and said: “So you are saying that you took the Divine Tripod purely out of filial piety and obedience.” AhZi said: “Of course. But other than filial piety and obedience, disciple also have a selfish motive.” Ding ChunQiu frown and said: “What selfish motive?” AhZi smiled and said: “Master please don’t blame me, since i am a XingXiu disciple naturally i wish that my sect can dominate the entire world, isn’t it impressive to walk on the street and gain everyone’s respect and reverence? This is my selfish motive.”

Ding ChunQiu laugh out loudly and said: “Well said, well said! I have many disciples in my sect, none of them can match your quick-witted mind. So it turns out that stealing my [Divine Woode King Tripod] is to display my might and prestige. Hei hei, you really have the gift of the gab, its a pity to just kill you, i will then have one less person who can talk to me and relieve my boredom, but if i simply just let the matter rest then.......” AhZi quickly interrupted: “Although it may seem that disciple got off too lightly, but who isn’t grateful to Master’s great magnanimous spirit? From now on we will spare no effort and do our utmost, even if we have to get our bodies torn and bones crushed.”

Ding ChunQiu said: “This kind of word is useful for fooling others, but you try this on me, you really think i am old and muddle-headed? You harbour evil intentions.” AhZi quickly said: “To me, Master is a young urchin, ‘old and muddle-headed’ are the words used by the rest of the disciples to slander Master.......”

As she spoke, suddenly there is a clear and bright voice: “Shop owner, prepare a seat!”

Ding ChunQiu look from the side of his eyes, he saw a young gentleman wearing yellow robe, a long sword hanging by his waist, his sitting at the edge of a table, Ding ChunQiu did not know when this young gentleman entered the restaurant, the young man is Murong Fu. Ding ChunQiu was listening to AhZi, his feeling extremely happy, but at the same time he also kept his focus on the movements of Xu Zhu who is in the rear bedroom, his afraid that Xu Zhu might climb over the window and escape, thus he did not notice that another person suddenly appear in the restaurant, if Murong Fu had made a sneak attack Ding ChunQiu would have suffered a major loss. Ding ChunQiu trembled with fear at this thought, his countenance changed but he calm down immediately.

----End of Chapter 32----

Thanx ALOT... for your hard work...

Much appreciated!

Chapter 32 finished already! Thanks a lot d4rksinz.

Thanks for the update d4rksinz. It's great that you're picking up this translation. Keep up the great work!

Thanks d4rksinz

Thanks d4rksinz,

It's great to see the additions you made to the translation.
    I've wanted to read through the Xu Zhu portion of the novel for a long time.

Thanks d4rksinz for timely updates and continuing with the translation . Please, please stick with us till the last chapters

Chapter 33 --- Darkness Envelops Heaven and Earth, Star Shifting Movement

Murong Fu greeted Ding ChunQiu: “Please to meet you, life is really full of coincidence, we just parted for a short while and we meet each other again.”

Ding ChunQiu smiled and said: “Fate brought us together.” Ding ChunQiu pondered: “Although this man is my relative-in-law but i wounded a few of his important subordinates, would he let the matter rest easily? Gusu Murong family got hold of the collection of martial arts manuals which i taken from Wuliang Cave, along with their own ancestral martial arts, their martial art knowledge is extremely deep and profound, ‘Returning you with your own move’ they are famous far and wide, his hidden weapon skill in firing the chess-piece is really formidable. Previously he entered into trance while playing chess, originally i wanted to seize the opportunity and eliminate him, but he was saved by someone else. Although this little boy martial arts is high, but he don’t know sorcery.” He turn his head and said to AhZi: “Just now you said that if i stripe you of all your martial arts, pick off all your tendon and veins, break your hand and feet, you would rather die than tell me the location of the object, correct?”

AhZi is extremely scared, her voice trembled: “Master is magnanimous and generous, there is no need......no need.....to take disciple’s nonsense...serio.......seriously.”

Murong Fu smiled and said: “Mr Ding, you are so old already, why lower your level and bicker with a child? Come come come, i give you three toasts, we will discuss literature and martial arts, isn’t it good? Tidying you sect matter in front of an outsider, isn’t it too damaging to your reputation?” he knew that in terms of relations, he should address Ding ChunQiu as ‘Great Uncle in-law’, but he simply refuse to address him as such.

Ding ChunQiu had yet to reply, a disciple shouted furiously: “You really have no respect for senior, my Master is the most revered supreme martial artist, how can he discuss literature and martial arts with a younger generation boy like you? Are qualified to discuss with my Master?”

Another person shouted: “Respectfully kowtow and ask for guidance, Divine Elder of XingXiu always love to help the underdeveloped, maybe he will give you a few pointers. But you want to discuss literature and martial arts with him, haha, aren’t you afraid that people will laugh until their mouth becomes slanted? Haha!” he laugh two times, but his expression is extremely odd, after a while, he laugh one more time again, his voice is hoarse, after laughing his mouth is wide open and he did not make any more sound, his expression is still odd and mysterious, his smile is really comical.

The rest of the disciples knew this person contracted their Master’s <Carefree Three Smile Powder>, everyone was overwhelmed with shock, this person is their fellow apprentice, they dare not breathe, they lowered their head and dare not look at their Master, they thought: “I wonder how he offended Master with his words just now, Master used such violent method to kill him? I have to carefully think about his words and refine them, i cannot repeat the same mistakes!”

Ding ChunQiu was furious yet fearful. Just now while talking to AhZi, he wave his sleeve, he secretly channelled his internal energy and send the <Carefree Three Smile Powder> poison at Murong Fu. The poison is colorless and odorless, the poison powder extremely fine, moreover the sky is already dark, the restaurant is dark and hazy, even with Murong Fu high level of martial arts he definitely cannot detect it, but Ding ChunQiu don’t know what kind of method Murong Fu employed as he manage to transfer the <Carefree Three Smile Powder> onto his own disciple. Its not big deal losing one disciple, but Murong Fu did not move his hand or feet while talking and somehow he manage to transfer the poison powder onto another person, obviously the powder was not repelled by internal energy, even with Ding ChunQiu extensive knowledge he still can’t figure out what kind of skills Murong Fu employed. Ding ChunQiu thought of the phrase: “Returning you with your own move!” The technique used by Murong Fu must be similar to ‘Catching and redirecting hidden weapons’, ‘Catching and redirecting darts’, ‘Catching and redirecting arrows’, Murong Fu must have caught the poison powder and redirected it back. But the powder is extremely fine, how can it not land on his body, and he immediately redirect it back?

Ding ChunQiu is having second thoughts: “But if we talk about ‘Returning you with your own move’, this <Carefree Three Smile Powder> should be return back to me, heng, its likely that this boy is afraid of Divine Elder, he don’t dare to pull the tiger’s whiskers.” When he thought of ‘pull the tiger’s whiskers’ he touch his beard, there is only 7-8 strands of burnt short-beard left, his felt vex and angry: “Later when i have time i will shave off this beard so that i can appear younger. Even with Su XingHe and XuanNan martial arts and internal energy they still died by Divine Elder’s hand, Murong Fu is still wet behind the ears, how can he even fight with me?” He said: “Gentleman Murong, fate really brought us together.” As he finish speaking his body floated forward, he wave his palm and hack down.

Murong Fu long heard of the evil reputation of Ding ChunQiu’s [Great Energy Dissolving Skill], he slanted his body and dodge. Ding ChunQiu chop 3 times in succession, Murong Fu used his exquisite body movement to evade, he did not match palm with him.

Both of them fought faster and faster, the small restaurant is filled with tables and stools, the place is really cramp, there is simply no room for action, but both of them weave and move between the tables and chairs, unexpectedly they did not make any sound at all, they did not match palm or fist, even the tables and chairs remain intact and did not move.

All the XingXiu disciples stood plastered to the wall, nobody dares to step out of the door, their Master is current fighting a formidable opponent, if anyone abandons him then he is committing a huge offense and is not loyal to the sect. Everyone knows the situation is dangerous, if they get caught by the palm wind their life will be in danger, they pray that their body can turn into a thin piece of paper as they desperately plaster themselves onto the wall. They saw Murong Fu is defending rather than attacking, although his palm move is wonderful but because he is unwilling to match palm with Ding ChunQiu, his hands and feet seems to be tied and he is at a disadvantage. The XingXiu disciples secretly rejoice.

After numerous moves, Ding ChunQiu became aware that Murong Fu is unwilling to match palm with him, obviously he is afraid of the [Great Energy Dissolving Skill]. Since his opponent is afraid of the skill, it goes without saying that he must use this skill to subdue him, but Murong Fu’s body movement is swift and unpredictable, its difficult to force him to match palm moves. After another few palm moves, Ding ChunQiu suddenly had an idea, his right palm wave horizontally and advance, but he pretended that his left hand is not as agile, he deliberately make an effort to cover it up so that Murong Fu won’t notice it.

Murong Fu’s martial art is exquisite, how can he not notice the slightest weakness in his opponent moves? Murong Fu slanted his body and made a half turn, suddenly he send out two palm strike, the power is very fierce, he is targeting Ding ChunQiu left torso. Ding ChunQiu snorted softly and retreated one step, unexpectedly he did not use his left palm to meet the palm strike. Murong Fu pondered: “The left torso of this Old Freak seems to have sustained some internal injury.” Immediately he press on and did not give any leeway, although his attacks seems to be focusing on the right side, but all his internal energy is completely focus on attacking the left side.

After fighting for 20 moves, Ding ChunQiu left hand withdraw into his sleeve, he flip his right palm and formed a claw, he clawed at Murong Fu’s face. Murong Fu tilted his body and spin past him, he stick out his fist and strike Ding ChunQiu’s left torso. Ding ChunQiu is waiting for this fist for a long time, his opponent finally strike out with his fist, he cannot help but feel delighted, immediately he fling his left sleeve at his opponent’s right arm.

Murong Fu pondered: “Even if the wind from your sleeve is 10 times more powerful, how can it even harm me?” he did not withdraw his fist, he channelled his internal energy to his arm and forcibly endure the sleeve’s attack, there is a ‘Chi’ sound, unexpectedly Murong Fu’s right sleeve was torn off. Murong Fu was shock, suddenly something seems to tighten around his fist, Ding ChunQiu had gripped his fist.

This move is beyond Murong Fu’s anticipation, he suddenly realized: “This Old Freak is pretending to be injured, he is trying to tempt me, i fallen into his trap!” he felt remorseful: “I was arrogant, i belittled this world famous Old Freak of XingXiu.” Currently its not possible for him to retreat, he poured his entire internal energy into his right fist and send it out.

Murong Fu did not expect the toxicity of the [Great Energy Dissolving Skill] to act immediately, the internal energy he sent through his meridians cannot be gathered in his right fist, it seems to have been dissolved by his opponent. Murong Fu secretly cried out: “Ayo!” he is fighting Ding ChunQiu for the first time, he concentrated his attention and did not give any chance to Ding ChunQiu to use his [Great Energy Dissolving Skill], unexpectedly he still can’t avoid it. Murong Fu is trapped with no way out, if he channel his internal energy to resist, no matter how strong his internal energy it will all be dissolved and he will lose all his internal energy; but if he defend and withdraw his internal energy, all kinds of poison from Ding ChunQiu will also follow his internal energy pathway and enter his inner organs.

As he hesitated, suddenly someone shouted behind him: “Master set up this clever trick, this stinky boy trapped himself in a desperate situation.” Murong Fu quickly retreated two steps, he stretch out his left palm and grab the chest of the XingXiu disciple.

The supreme consummate skill of Gusu Murong family is a technique that borrows force and redirect it back, its known as [Star Shifting Movement]. Outsiders are unaware of this technique, they only know about the brilliant skills of Murong family’s ‘Returning you with your own move’, when dealing the killing blow the Murong family will always use the opponent’s signature move or unique consummate skills, the Murong family knows everything and is proficient in all of them. In reality, there are tens of thousands of moves and unique consummate skills, no matter how smart you are you can never master every single technique, moreover for unique consummate skills you definitely cannot learn it within a short period of time. Murong family have this incomparably ingenious technique, [Star Shifting Movement], regardless of the martial arts used, all the force can be shifted and redirected back at the opponent.

For those adept in [Throat Sealing Sword], if they thrust their sword at Murong Fu’s throat, Murong Fu will use [Star Shifting Movement] and the sword will end up thrusting their own throat, the weapon, the force, the technique, all of them come from their own move; For those adept in [Gate Breaking Knife], they will chop down with their knife but end up chopping their own arm. The weapon is their own, the technique and move is their own. As long as no one witness how Murong Fu use this [Star Shifting Movement], no one will suspect that these people died due to suicide. Murong Fu inherited the technique from his father, both father and son train painstakingly and secretly in the cellar of Canhe Manor, outsiders are completely ignorant about it, Gusu Murong family shakes the martial arts fraternity by force, but nobody knows their true martial arts.

The opponent’s weapons, fists, kicks, they act and suffer for it, the sole reason is due to redirection. Its the same logic as punching a stone wall, the harder the force exerted, the harder the counter-force by the stone wall. However, its easy to redirect tangible objects such as weapons, fists and kicks, but its extremely difficult to redirect internal energy attacks. Although Murong Fu practice this set of skill for many years, but he is limited by his young age and he have yet to reach the pinnacle of this skill, thus he cannot use [Star Shifting Movement] on top experts like Ding ChunQiu to redirect the attacks back at him, however he made use of this good opportunity and displayed his [Star Shifting Movement] on the XingXiu disciple. He shifted and redirected, but its targeted at the XingXiu disciple.

Currently, Murong Fu is trapped by the [Great Energy Dissolving Skill], he tried to redirect his opponent’s finishing blow, luckily the XingXiu disciple is eager to fawn upon Ding ChunQiu, he shouted and revealed his exact position. In an act of desperation, Murong Fu did not have time to think and he simply grabbed the XingXiu disciple and immediately shifted and redirected, he swapped position with him. This risky manoeuvre unexpectedly worked, Ding ChunQiu intended to ‘dissolve’ Murong Fu’s internal energy, but as he transmit his poison he actually ‘dissolve’ the energy of his own disciple.

Murong Fu succeeded in a single attempt and escape mortal danger, he quickly made use of this good opportunity and did not give Ding ChunQiu any chance to think, he push the XingXiu disciple onto another XingXiu disciple. The internal energy of this 2nd disciple is immediately sealed by the poison of Ding ChunQiu’s [Great Energy Dissolving Skill].

Ding ChunQiu saw Murong Fu redirecting his force and harming his own disciples, he is extremely angry, but he pondered: “If i protect these worthless disciples and release his fist, then it will be extremely difficult to grab hold of him again. My XingXiu Sect will suffer a huge defeat and Divine Elder of XingXiu cannot establish his might in Central Plains.” Immediately he increase pressure in his fingers, no matter what happen he won’t release Murong Fu’s fist, poison transmit endlessly from his palm.

Murong Fu retreated a few steps, he quickly grab another XingXiu disciple and diverted the poison of [Great Energy Dissolving Skill] onto the disciple’s body. In no time three XingXiu disciples had their internal energy sealed, they lie down on the floor paralyzed. Everyone was greatly astonish, they saw Murong Fu retreat towards them, all of them cry out in alarm and flee for their lives. Murong Fu shakes his arm, the three poisoned XingXiu disciples stick together and flew up, one of them bump against another disciple. The person cry out in alarm and his body instantly turns soft.

The remaining disciples could see it clearly, as long as their Master refuse to release Murong Fu he will just keep on borrowing force to harm others, inevitably their internal energy will be ‘dissolved’ by their Master and they might be the next victim, they panic but no one dares to escape and step out of the door, they scurried around like rats to avoid suffering from their Master’s poison hands.

But the restaurant is simply too small, Murong Fu wave his arm and he manage to hit 3-4 XingXiu disciple. Ding ChunQiu saw his disciples dodging pathetically, no one have the time to praise him. He is angry yet ashamed, he pondered: “If i defeat Gusu Murong it will be a famous event that shake the entire world. By then, won’t it be easy to find disciples who can boast and boot-lick?” Ding ChunQiu surveyed his surroundings, of all his disciples only two did not run around, one of them is You TanZhi, he is squatting at a corner with his iron-head between his arms, obviously he is very scared, the other person is AhZi, her complexion is pale, she is squatting at another corner and observing the fight.

Ding ChunQiu shouted: “AhZi!” AhZi is currently in a daze, unexpectedly her Master shouted at her, she stare stupidly for a while and said: “Master, Divine Junior of XingXiu displaying his immortal power.......” she only complete half her sentence as she found it awkward, she laugh and could not carry on talking. Her Master is indeed displaying his immortal power, but he is injuring his own disciples, thus she don’t know how to praise him.

Ding ChunQiu cannot control Murong Fu, he is feeling extremely vex, AhZi address him as “Divine Junior of XingXiu”, although this name is pretty good but her smiling expression is obviously ridiculing him, he cannot help but feel angry and his lust for violence burst forth, he wave his left sleeve and brush away two chopsticks on the table, the chopsticks flew swiftly towards AhZi’s eyes.

AhZi cried out: “Ayo!” she quickly extended her hands to smack down the chopsticks, however she is slower by one step, the chopsticks touch both her eyes, she felt itchy and numb, she quickly use her sleeve to rub her eyes, she open her eyes, all she saw was white shadows swaying, after a short period of time the white shadows gradually disappear and it was completely pitch-black.

She was scared out of her wits, she shouted loudly: “My....my eyes.....my eyes....i can’t see anything!”

Suddenly a burst of cold air entered her body, immediately after an arm wrap around her waist, someone hugged her and ran out of the restaurant. AhZi shouted: “My....my eyes....” there is a crashing sound behind her, it seems to be clashing of palms, AhZi felt as if she was soaring on cloud and she flew up, she was in a daze and vaguely heard Murong Fu shout: “I cannot accompany you anymore. Old Freak of XingXiu, see you......”

AhZi felt the cold chilling her to the bone, the wind is rushing beside her ears, someone who is colder than ice is hugging her and running madly. She is so cold that her jaws hit each other, she moaned: “So cold....my eyes....cold, so cold.”

The person said: “Yes, yes. We will flee to that forest, Divine Elder of XingXiu won’t be able to find us.” He kept talking and running at the same time. After a while, AhZi felt his footsteps stop, he put her down lightly, there is a rustling sound underneath her body, she is put onto of a pile of dried leaves. The person said: “Miss, how....how is your eyes?”

AhZi felt sharp pain in her eyes, she open her eyes fully but she can’t see anything at all, everything turn into black, she realize her eyes had been blinded by Ding ChunQiu’s poison, she burst into tears: “I....i am blind!”

The person comforted her softly: “Maybe it can be treated.” AhZi said furiously: “The poison of Old Freak Ding is so powerful, how can it be treated? You are lying! I am blind, i am blind!” and she continue to cry loudly. The person said: “There is a brook nearby, let us go over there and wash off the poison in your eyes.” As he finish speaking he pulled her right hand and supported her up.

AhZi felt his palm is strangely cold, she cannot help but withdraw, the person released his grip. AhZi move two steps, she stumbled and almost fall down. The person said: “Careful!” and he grip her hand again. This time AhZi did not withdraw her hand and she allowed him to guide her to the brook. The person said: “Don’t be scared, we are at the brook already.”

AhZi knelt down and scoop the water with her hands to wash her eyes. The cool water touch her eyes and her pain gradually diminish, but her vision is still completely black, she can’t see any light. In a split second she felt hopelessness, grieve, anger, helplessness, all kinds of emotions surge forth, she sat down and burst into tears, both her legs move up and down and beat the brook, she cried: “You are lying, you are lying, i am blind, i am blind!”

The person said: “Miss, don’t be sad. I won’t leave you...you....rest assured.”

AhZi felt somewhat comforted, she ask: “You....who are you?” the person said: “I....i....” AhZi said: “Sorry! Many thanks for saving me. What is your honourable name?” the person said: “I....i....Miss you don’t know me.” AhZi said: “You are unwilling to even tell me your name, still lie to me that you won’t leave me, i....i am blind, its....its better for me to just die.” She started crying again.

The person said: “Miss you definitely must not die. I....i will never leave you. If Miss allow me to accompany you, i will always.....i will always be at your side.” AhZi said: “I don’t believe you! You are lying, you are trying to trick me not to seek death. I want to die, i am blind, what the point in living?” The person said: “I will never lie to you, if i leave you then i will die a horrible death.” His tone is anxious, obviously he is sincere. AhZi said: “Then who are you?”

The person said: “I...i am JuXian Manor....no, no, my surname is Zhuang, named JuXian.”

The person who saved AhZi is the young master of JuXian Manor, You TanZhi.

AhZi said: “So you are Zhuang....senior Zhuang, many thanks for saving me.” You TanZhi said: “I am very happy to be able to save you from the poisonous hands of Ding ChunQiu, there is no need to thank me. I am not a senior, i am only older than you by a few years.” AhZi said: “En, then i will call you elder brother Zhuang.” You TanZhi felt boundless joy, he voice trembled: “This...this...i don’t deserve it.”

AhZi said: “Elder brother Zhuang, i need to request something from you.” You TanZhi said: “Don’t need to request, Miss just give your instruction, i will disregard my life and do my best to fulfil it.” AhZi smiled and said: “You and i are total strangers, why you treat me so well?” You TanZhi said: “Yes, yes, yes we are total strangers, i never see you before, you, you also never see me before. We...we are seeing each other for the first time.” AhZi said dimly: “Seeing each other? I will never be able to see you.” As she said this she cannot help it and her tears rolled down.

You TanZhi quickly said: “Its not important. Its best that you can’t see me.” AhZi ask: “Why?” You TanZhi said: “My...my appearance is very ugly, if Miss sees me you will definitely be unhappy.” AhZi smile sweetly and said: “You are lying again, i have seen all the weirdest people in the world. I have a slave, he is wearing an iron mask, he can never take it off, he is truly ugly. If you see him i guarantee you will laugh for 3 days and 3 nights. You want to look at him?”

You TanZhi is trembling: “No, no! I don’t want to see.” He cannot help but retreat 2 steps.

AhZi said: “Your martial art is good, when you carried me and run your speed is almost as fast as my brother-in-law, but you are a coward, you don’t even dare to see an iron-head man. Elder brother Zhuang, that iron-head man is very amusing, i ask him to do cartwheel for you, i ask him to stick his head inside a tiger cage and let the beast bite his head. Then i ask someone to fly him like a kite, its really fun and interesting.”

You TanZhi cannot help but shiver, he said: “I don’t want to see, i really don’t want to see.”

AhZi sigh and said: “Fine. Just now you claim that you will fulfil whatever request that i have, it seems you are lying.” You TanZhi said: “No, no! I won’t lie to you. Miss what you want me to do?”

AhZi said: “I want to return to my brother-in-law, he is at Nanjing in Liao Empire. Elder brother Zhuang, please escort me there.”

You TanZhi is stunned, he did not reply.

AhZi said: “Why? Your unwilling?” You TanZhi said: “No...its not that i am unwilling, but.....but i don’t want......i don’t want to go to Liao Empire.” AhZi said: “I ask you to go look at the amusing iron-head man and you refuse. Now i ask you to escort me to my brother-in-law and you also refuse. Then i just have to travel alone.” She slowly stood up, she extend her hands and move forward to find a path.

You TanZhi said: “I will accompany you! How can you go alone....how can you succeed like this?”

You TanZhi hold onto AhZi’s soft and smooth hand and guided her out of the forest, he pondered: “If i can hold onto her hand like this and walk slowly, even if we are walking to the 18th level of hell i will also be happy.”

They reach the main road and came face to face with a group of beggars. The leader of the group is tall and thin, his appearance refine, You TanZhi recognize him as Great Wisdom Hall-Master Quan GuanQing, You TanZhi pondered: “My Master injure these people, unexpectedly they did not die.” He did not want to meet them and he quickly drag AhZi to get off the main road and walk towards wasteland. AhZi felt the terrain is uneven and bumpy, she ask: “What happen?”

You TanZhi had yet to reply as Quan GuanQing spotted them, he quickly rush over to block them and shouted in a stern voice: “Your behaviour is secretive, what you trying to do? You....you are so strange-looking, what is that?”

You TanZhi was very anxious, he thought: “If he shouts out ‘iron-head man’ then AhZi will immediately know who i am, she will not pay attention to me anymore. She won’t let me hold onto her hand and accompany her to Nanjing.” He quickly made some hand gestures to warn Quan GuangQing not to reveal his appearance.

Quang GuangQing did not understand the meaning of his hand gestures, he ask curiously: “What you doing?” You TanZhi pointed at AhZi, he wave his hands, he pointed at his mouth and wave his hands again, after that he cupped his fists as a sign of respect. Quan GuangQing could tell that AhZi is blind, he vaguely understands that the iron-head man is asking him not to speak, as he was thinking about what to do the rest of the beggars had rush to his side.

One of the beggars pointed at You TanZhi’s head and burst into loud laughter, he shouted: “This is so strange, this iron......” You TanZhi threw himself forward and strike out with his palm. The beggar raise his hands to block, there is a few ‘Kala Kala’ sound, the beggar’s arm bone and ribs broke simultaneously, his body flew up a few zhang and landed on the floor, he died violently.

The rest of the beggars are shock and furious, five of them attack You TanZhi together. You TanZhi wave both his palms, he strike and slap randomly. His martial art is lousy, it cannot be compared with these beggars, but his palm moves everywhere and sounds of ‘Kala’, ‘Kala’, ‘Ayo’, ‘Aiyo’, ‘Peng Peng Peng’, ‘Pu Pu’, the five beggars all flew up and landed on the ground, they died one after another. Everyone was terrified, after surrounding You TanZhi and AhZi they dare not step forward to attack.

TBC......

......another update...

Thanks d4rksinz

Thank you!

You TanZhi suddenly cupped his fists and salute Quan GuanQing, he pointed at AhZi and at his iron-head, he wave his hands.

Quan GuanQing saw him killed six beggars with just a few wave of his hands, his internal energy is extremely profound, such power is rarely seen, he can simply step forward and attack but he made a salute, Quan GuanQing don’t understand his intentions, he copied You TanZhi and made hand gestures, he pointed at AhZi, pointed at You TanZhi’s head, pointed at his own mouth and wave his hands. You TanZhi was overjoyed and nod his head repeatedly. Quan GuanQing had an idea: “This person's internal energy is strangely profound, but his scared that i will leak out his secret, it seems i can use this matter to control him and make use of him.” At once he said to the rest of the beggars: “Everyone please keep quiet, nobody is allowed to speak.” You TanZhi is very happy, he cupped his fists at Quan GuanQing again.

AhZi ask: “Elder brother Zhuang, who is it? Did you kill someone?” You TanZhi said: “Its some friends from Beggar Clan, we had some misunderstandings. Great Wisdom Hall-Master Quan is benevolent and righteous, he is a good person, i respect him alot. I....i accidently harmed a few of his brothers, i feel very apologetic.” As he finish speaking he bow to the rest of the beggars.

AhZi said: “Is there good people in Beggar Clan? Elder brother Zhuang, your martial art is so high, why don’t you simply kill them all and help my brother-in-law vent his resentment.”

You TanZhi quickly said: “No, no, this a misunderstanding. Hall-Master Quan is my good friend, just wait there, i will clarify the matter with Hall-Master Quan.” As he finish speaking he beckon Quan GuanQing over.

Guan GuanQing was baffled as this iron-head man recognize him, but it seems he does not have any evil intention, he followed and they move away 10 zhang.

You TanZhi saw that AhZi is far away from him, she definitely cannot hear him speak, but he is afraid that the Beggar Clan’s members will hurt her, he dare not move further anymore and stop, he cupped his hands and said: "Hall-Master Quan, i hope you can help me cover up the truth, i will never forget your great kindness and virtue.”

Quan GuanQing said: “The ongoing of this matter, i really can’t make head or tail of it. May i know the honourable name of respected brother?” You TanZhi said: “My surname is Zhuang, named JuXian, i met some unfortunate incident and this iron mask ended up on my head, you cannot let that lady know of this matter.”

Quan GuanQing notice that You TanZhi kept looking at AhZi while speaking, he is very caring and passionate, Quan GuanQing already deduced 70-80% of this matter, he pondered: “This young lady is pretty and elegant, this iron-head man must be in love with her, he is afraid of letting her know about his grotesque appearance.” He ask: “Brother Zhuang, how come you recognize me?” You TanZhi said: “Your Great Wisdom Hall had a gathering to discuss who to nominate as Clan Leader, i happen to be nearby and heard someone address you as Hall-Master Quan. I accidentally injure some of your brothers today, really....its really my fault, i hope Hall-Master Quan can forgive me.”

Quan GuanQing said: “Its just some misunderstanding, there is no need to take offense. Brother Zhuang, this object on your head, i will never speak about it, later i will inform my subordinates and they will also not speak about it.” You TanZhi is so grateful that he is nearly in tears, he cupped his hands repeatedly and said: “Many thanks, many thanks.” Quan GuanQing said: “But Brother Zhuang, if you walk hand in hand with this lady its unavoidable that you will meet some people, they will definitely make a huge fuss and shout it out, even if Brother Zhuang kills all of them it will be too late.”

You TanZhi said: “Yes, yes.” After saving AhZi his mind is drifting, he never consider such matters, after hearing Quan GuanQing logical deduction he did not have any idea on what to do, he stammered: “I...i will hide with her in some deserted mountain.”

Quan GuanQing smiled and said: “I am afraid that lady will be suspicion, moreover if both of you become husband and wife, sooner or later she will know.”

You TanZhi felt his chest heating up, he said: “Become husba.....husband and wife, i didn’t think of that, its not possible, how am i.....worthy? But....but....that is really difficult.”

Quan GuanQing said: “Brother Zhuang, you didn’t abandon me and say that i am your good friend. Since i am your good friend, i will think of an idea for you. Let’s do this, we will travel to the small town ahead and rent a carriage, you and that lady will sit in the carriage, just lower the curtains and no one can see you anymore.” You TanZhi is very excited, his able to sit together with AhZi in a carriage, its even better than being an immortal, he quickly said: “Correct, correct! Hall-Master Quan’s idea is great.”

Quan GuanQing said: “After that we will think of an idea to remove this iron mask from Brother Zhuang, i assure you the lady will never know about this awkward matter. What do you think?”

There is a ‘Pu’ sound, You TanZhi knelt down and kowtow to Quan GuanQing, his iron-head knock on the floor and made a ‘Dong Dong’ sound.

Quan GuangQing also knelt down and return the courtesy, he said: “Brother Zhuang you pay such respect to me, how can i accept it? If Brother Zhuang don’t mind why don’t both of us become sworn brothers?” You TanZhi said happily: “Wonderful, wonderful! I don’t understand anything, if i have such a resourceful elder brother like you to guide me then it couldn’t be much better.” Quan GuanQing burst into loud laughter and said: “Elder brother is older than you by a few years, i will be blunt and address you as younger brother from now on.”

During the earth shattering battle between Ding ChunQiu and Su XingHe, Duan Yu’s gaze never left Wang YuYan body at all, as for Wang YuYan she is always gazing tenderly at her cousin Murong Fu. Both their gaze never meet each other.

After Ding ChunQiu suffered a defeat and escaped, Xu Zhu and the rest of the Carefree Sect members had their own private meeting, Murong Fu and the rest left by themselves, thus Duan Yu involuntarily followed behind Wang YuYan.

As they travelled down the mountain, Murong Fu cupped his hands towards Duan Yu and said: “Brother Duan, its fortunate that we get to meet today, we will part now, hope to see you again.” Duan Yu said: “Yes, yes. Its really a fortunate meeting today, we will part now, hope to see you again.” But he still kept on staring at Wang YuYan. Murong Fu felt disgruntled, he snorted, turn around and walk away. Duan Yu is reluctant to part and also followed them.

Bao BuTong raise his hands and block in front of Duan Yu, he said: “Gentleman Duan, today you save my young master, many thanks.” Duan Yu said: “No need to be so formal.” Bao BuTong said: “We already offered out thanks, there is no more gratitude or debt. You keep staring at our Miss Wang, its really rude, now you still want to follow us, its extremely rude. You are an educated person, you should understand: ‘Do not look at something contrary to courtesy, do not do something contrary to courtesy’, you understand the meaning? I don’t have any muscular strength on me now but i still have strength to curse people.” Duan Yu gave a sigh, he shakes his head and said: “Since this is the case then its best that Brother Bao do not say something contrary to courtesy, i will not look at something contrary to courtesy.”

Bao BuTong burst into loud laughter and said: “Now you are correct!” he turn around and followed Murong Fu. Wang YuYan is engross in chatting with Murong Fu, she completely ignored Duan Yu.

Duan Yu kept staring at Wang YuYan until her shadow disappear from the forest, he is still entrance, Zhu DanChen said: “Young master, let us go!” Duan Yu said: “Yes, its time to leave.” But he still did not move, Zhu DanChen had to urge him 3 more times before he finally mounted the horse brought by Gu DuCheng. Duan Yu is riding on the horse but his eyes are still looking at the path taken by Wang YuYan.

After handing over the letter to Quan GuanQing, Duan Yu hurried back to report to Duan ZhengChun, as the chess meet is nearing, Duan Yu got permission from his father and Zhu DanChen and the rest of the guards accompanied him to the chess meet. Sure enough, he finally get to meet his sweetheart at the chess meet, but now he is distress and anxious, he really don’t know whether meeting her is good or bad.

The group travelled for 20 li, on the main road a dust cloud is gathering as 10 riders gallop over, they are the three ministers of Dali, Hua HeGen, Fan Hua and Ba TianShi, as well as Cui BaiQuan, Guo YanZhi and the rest. The party gallop near them and they dismounted and salute Duan Yu. It seems the martial nephew of Cui BaiQuan had obtained some insiders information at Funiu Mountain, they know that Prince Zhennan is in Henan province and is nursing his injuries nearby at Funiu Mountain, thus they immediately came to visit, it so happens that Hua HeGen and the rest received orders from Duan ZhengChun to protect Duan Yu as he is afraid that Duan Yu might meet some danger at the chess meet, thus everyone met up and followed along. The group heard that Duan YanQing also attended the chess meet, but luckily he did not harm Duan Yu and everyone was relief.

Zhu DanChen secretly reported to Fan Hua and the other two minister on how Duan Yu met the pretty lady from Gusu Murong family, how he kept staring at her, how he seems to have lost his soul and tried to follow them, luckily the other party rejected Duan Yu. Fan Hua and the rest look at each other and smile, they pondered: “Young Prince inherited from his family and is also philandering by nature. If he can forget about his passion towards his own sister, Miss Mu, then its a good thing.”

At night fall, the party had their dinner at an inn. Fan Hua narrated their journey in Jiangnan, he said: “Young master, the Murong family is very secretive, in the future if you meet them you have to be very careful.” Duan Yu said: “Why?” Fan Hua said: “The three of us received orders from the Prince, we went to Suzhou’s Basin of Swallow and investigated the house of Murong family, we were looking for hints or clues as to whether Shaolin Master XuanBei was killed by Murong family.” Cui BaiQuan and Guo YanZhi were deeply concern, they ask in unison: “Did the three of you find anything?” Fan Hua said: “The three of us did not openly seek an audience, we investigated secretly, there is no male or female owner at Murong house, only a few servants and maids. There are quite a few large manor there but there is only one young lady called AhBi tending to the housework.” Duan Yu nod his head and said: “En, this Miss AhBi is a very good person. You didn’t harm her correct?”

Fan Hua smiled and said: “We didn’t, we investigated for a few night, we searched every single corner of Murong family’s manor, we didn’t find anything unusual. Brother Ba suddenly thought of something, that foreign monk Jiumozhi kidnap Young master from Dali to Jiangnan, he said he wanted to offer sacrifice at Mr Murong’s grave.....” Cui BaiQuan interrupted and said: “Ya, that little servant girl at the manor, she refuse to lead the foreign monk to the grave, luckily she acted that way and Young master manage to escape from the evil hands of the monk.”

Duan Yu nod his head and said: “AhZhu and AhBi, the two of them are really good people. I wonder what happen to them? Is AhBi still healthy and well?” Ba TianShi smiled and said: “For three nights, we hang around outside the window and saw Miss AhBi sewing a man’s robe, Young Master, she is sewing it for you correct?” Duan Yu quickly said: “No, no. Mostly probably its for her Young Master Murong.” Ba TianShi said: “Ya, i notice that little servant girl is infatuated and head over heels in love, always thinking about her Young Master Murong, the three of us entered the house and she didn’t notice it at all. She kept mumbling to herself: ‘Its useless, its useless, he won’t care about me the least bit, what’s the point in thinking about him?’” Bai TianShi’s speech is directed at Duan Yu, reminding him not to follow his father’s footstep, spreading his love everywhere, Bai TianShi emphasize AhBi’s concerns toward her Young Master Murong, thus Duan Yu should not think too much about AhBi.

In reality, although Duan Yu had good impression of AhBi but it is not passion, Duan Yu sigh: “Correct, AhBi is correct, ‘Its useless, its useless, she won’t care about me the least bit, what’s the point in thinking about her?’” AhBi long for her Young Master Murong, but Duan Yu misunderstood it and thought AhBi is advising him not to think about Wang YuYan, Duan Yu said: “Gentleman Murong’s elegance is without equal, no wonder! Moreover they are cousins, they are childhood sweethearts who grew up together.....”

Fan Hua, Ba TianShi and the rest look at each other in dismay, they pondered: “Its possible for the little servant girl and her Young Master to be childhood sweethearts, but how come they are cousins?” they did not expect Duan Yu to mix Wang YuYan into the issue.

Cui BaiQuan ask: “Minister Fan and Minister Ba mention that the foreign monk wanted to visit Mr Murong’s grave, what is the reasoning behind it? How is it related to the death of my martial brother?” Fan Hua said: “I mentioned this matter so that everyone can analyze it together. When elder brother Hua heard the word ‘grave’, his hands immediately became itchy and said: ‘Maybe there is something strange in that old man’s grave, let us go dig it and check it out.’ Brother Ba and i did not support his idea, Gusu Murong family is world famous, our Duan family digging their grave, its really a bit too much. But elder brother Hua said: ‘We will secretly go in by digging an underground tunnel, who will know about it?’ both of us can’t dissuade him and thus we just followed his idea. The grave is located at the rear of the manor, its very well hidden and secluded, its really not easy to find. The three of us dug out way into the grave and we open the coffin, brother Cui, guess what we saw?”

Cui BaiQuan and Guo YanZhi stood up at the same time and ask: “What is inside?”

Fan Hua said: “The coffin is empty, there is no corpse.”

Cui BaiQuan and Guo YanZhi open their mouth widely, they were speechless for quite some time. After a long time, Cui BaiQuan smack his thigh and said: “Murong Bo did not die. He ask his son to appear in public at Central Plains, he is several thousand li away and committing murder, he deliberately complicate the matter. My martial brother....my martial brother must have been killed by that evil Murong Bo!”

Fan Hua shakes his head and said: “Brother Cui you once told me that Murong Bo martial art is unmeasurably deep and profound, if he really wants to kill someone he can use other method, why must he purposely use ‘Returning you with your own move’ and let other people suspect he is Murong family? If he really wants the martial arts fraternity to know his power why the need to feign death? If not for elder brother Hua, who else can uncover this secret?”

Cui BaiQuan sat down, he is disappointed, he thought he knew the truth but the matter is still a complete mystery.

Duan Yu said: “There are thousands and tens of thousands of techniques from the various sects and schools, to master and understand the essence of every single skill, its really the same as flying to heaven, but he somehow had enough intelligence and wisdom, he understood all the martial arts thoroughly.....”

Cui BaiQuan said: “Ya, my martial brother’s move, [Splitting Heaven Soul Into Thousand], its a secret move of my Funiu Sect not passed on to outsider, how come he knows it, how did he use this move to kill my martial brother?”

Duan Yu shakes his head and said: “Naturally she knows it, but she does not even have the strength to kill a chicken, even though she knows the martial arts of various sects and schools but she cannot use them, she is kind and virtuous, she will never kill people.”

Everyone look at each other in dismay, after a while, they slowly shake their head at the same time.

When AhZi was blinded by Ding ChunQiu, You TanZhi bravely dash in without concern for his own safety and escaped with her. Ding ChunQiu was slightly distracted, the strength in his finger slacken a little, Murong Fu made use of the opportunity and immediately executed his [Star Shifting Movement], Ding ChunQiu five fingers gripped his own disciple. Murong Fu’s fist was released, he quickly leap out and laugh heartily and shouted: “I cannot accompany you anymore. Old Freak of XingXiu, hope to see you again.” He executed his lightness martial art, he did not turn his head back and left quickly.

He manage to injure around 10 XingXiu disciples, he achieved overwhelming victory, he avenged his four henchmen who were poisoned by XingXiu sect, in the end he was even able to escape, he is really lucky, however his meridians still sustained minor injury. After meeting up with Wang YuYan, Deng BaiChuan and the rest, they live in at a small inn and recuperated their injuries.

After a few days, Bao BuTong and Feng BoE regained their strength, Murong Fu, Deng BaiChuan and GongYe Gan also recovered from their injuries. The six of them did not know the whereabouts of AhZhu, they miss her alot, thus they discuss and decided to go to Luoyang to find information about her whereabouts. Previously, Bao BuTong, Ah Zhu and Xiao Feng had a brief meet up, after that Xiao Feng mistakenly injure AhZhu but none of them found out about the matter.

They did not find the slightest bit of information at Luoyang, Murong Fu felt its not worth his time to spent so much effort on a little servant girl, thus he headed west to find out about the recent development in the martial arts fraternity, he also thought about gathering more henchmen so as to expand his plans in reviving his dynasty. On this day, the six of them travelled hastily, they miss the place where they can lodge for the night and they kept travelling till dark, however there are still on the mountain path, the road is rugged and the wild grass are getting longer. Feng BoE said: “I am afraid we took the wrong path, most likely we took a wrong turn.” Deng BaiChuan said: “Let us find a cave or abandoned temple and rest for the night.”

Feng BoE quickly dash forward to scout for a safe shelter, he surveyed the surroundings, the mountain path is precipitous, terrain rugged. Feng BoE can lie down anywhere and sleep soundly, but he have to find some place suitable for Wang YuYan and the task is really not easy. He ran for a few li and rounded a hillside, suddenly he some a light at the right-hand side of a valley, Feng BoE was excited, he turn back and shouted: “There is someone living here.”

Murong Fu and the rest followed his voice and rush over. GongYe Gan said happily: “It seems to be a hunting family, they definitely should have at least a place for Miss Wang to sleep soundly.” The six of them followed the light and walk quickly. The light is very far away from them, after walking for a while the light is still flickering, they can’t see the house clearly. Feng BoE mumbled and cursed: “Damn his grandmother, this light is a little odd.” Suddenly Deng BaiChuan said in a low voice: “Wait, young master, look this is a green lamp.” Murong Fu focus his eyes and stare straight ahead, the light is indeed emitting green ray, its vastly different from common light which is either dark red or pale yellow. The six of them hasten their footsteps and rush towards the green light, they light became even more distinct.

Bao BuTong said loudly: “Demonic people are gathering here!”

For the five of them, base on their intelligence and martial arts they are not afraid of any sects or schools, but they immediately thought: “Today we are together with Miss Wang, its best not to stir up trouble.” Bao BuTong and Feng BoE did not fight for quite some time, now that their internal energy is restored, their hands are itchy and they eager to fight, however they still manage to restrain themselves. Feng BoE said: “We travelled for an entire day, we are a bit tired, this stinky place is not good let us just retreat and go back!” Murong Fu smile faintly, he thought: “Unexpectedly 4th brother Feng changed his temper, its really rare.” He said: “Cousin, that place is filthy, let us turn back.” Wang YuYan don’t understand the underlying reason, but since her cousin said it she happily complied.

They six of them turn around, they walk a few steps but suddenly a faint voice transmit from the ground: “Since you know demonic people are gathering here, you people are a bunch of lousy demons and ghosts, why don’t you join in the fun?” the voice is suddenly high-pitch and suddenly low-pitch, it seems to break yet continuous, its extremely uncomfortable when they hear it, but they heard every single word clearly.

Murong Fu snorted, the other party already overheard Bao BuTong when he say ‘Demonic people are gathering here’, from the voice transmitted, the internal energy of the person is not shallow, but its also not first-class martial arts. Murong Fu wave his left hand and said: “No time to tangle with him just ignore him!” he retrace the route which they took to get here.

The voice said: “Little bastard, you dare to spout nonsense, you think you can simply wag your tail and run away? If you really want to run away you still have to kowtow 300 times before your ancestor before leaving.”

Feng BoE cannot restrain himself anymore, he halted and said in a low voice: “Young master, let me go teach that wild person a lesson.” Murong Fu shakes his head and said: “They don’t know who we are, just ignore them!” Feng BoE said: “Yes!”

The six of them walk another 10 steps, the voice said again: “It doesn’t matter if the male wants to run away, but this young chick have to stay and accompany your ancestor and relieve my boredom.”

Unexpectedly the person dare to humiliate Wang YuYan, their countenance changed, they stop moving and turn around.

The voice said again: “Why? Obediently offer that chick to avoid your ancestor.......” as he said the word ‘ancestor’, Deng BaiChuan gather his energy into his dantian and shouted: “Ancestor!” both their voice intermix and shook the valley. Everyone felt their eardrum humming, but they heard a miserable cry, its came from around the green light. The night is quiet, Deng BaiChuan’s voice still lingered and did not disappear and intermix with the miserable cry, everyone felt absolutely horrified.

This shout from Deng BaiChuan used high-level internal energy to injure the other party. From the person’s miserable cry, the injury is not minor, maybe he is about to die. The miserable cry stopped, but they heard a ‘Chi’ sound, a green fire rocket flew to the sky and exploded, half the sky turn dark green.

Feng BoE said: “Since we started it, we must carry it through, let us wipe out the nest of demons and ghosts!” Murong Fu nod his head and said: “Originally we wanted to maintain peace by yielding to them. But since we started it, let us just finish it till the end.” The six of them rush towards the green light.

TBC.....

Thanx for the update d4rksinz.... I just heard they were coming out with another "New Demi-God Semi-Devils" Adaptation from HunanTV next year with Wallace Chung as Beggars Sect chief Qiao Feng and some Korean actor as Duan Yu. It will focus more time on Murong Fu's and invent new plots based on him trying to restore the State of Yan.

Thanks d4rksinz

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Thanx for the update d4rksinz.... I just heard they were coming out with another "New Demi-God Semi-Devils" Adaptation from HunanTV next year with Wallace Chung as Beggars Sect chief Qiao Feng and some Korean actor as Duan Yu. It will focus more time on Murong Fu's and invent new plots based on him trying to restore the State of Yan.
    Thx for the info! I will be looking forward to it. Personally, i prefer to see the tv adaptation follow the novel closely instead of inventing new plots as it help to relate the novel.

The "New White Hair Demoness" adaptation they (HunanTV) just did and I just watched is almost entirely different from the book. They've broadcast up to Ep30 of 42. Also, just saw some promo clips of the "New Xiao Ao JianHu, early 2013" and it deviates quite a bit from the book as well. They mixed aspects from Films & the 6 TV series into the New series.

I'm sure this New Demi-god Demi-devils is going to create/replace ALOT of the original plots/story lines. To make it more enjoyable for the younger viewers in the "modern" age (that's what they say)... JingYong isn't protesting it seems, like the way he was against the HK adaptations of some of his novels.. Back then they paid very little, like peanuts, for the rights though... HunanTV & its production companies bought his "support". One's principles are nothing... Guess $$$ talks

btw, I REALLY enjoy your translation, even if I or others don't comment, we are definitely reading & loving it. I like many others often use our smartphones to read/check the translations, so it's not convenient to write comments... Just look at the # of page views.

Keep the the GREAT work your doing..... Much appreciated!!!
    -Simon
    Last edited by szfong; 10-15-12 at 05:52 PM.