Page 47 of 77 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

Yeah most of the movies and TV series showed Tonglao surviving the encounter in one piece. Good stuff here! Thanks ...

You're doing a great job d4rksinz. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the support, i am really glad the translation is well received!

--------------------------------------------------

Child Elder said: “Pei! You entire body is equipped with internal energy from Carefree Sect, you dare to claim you have no relations with Carefree Sect, you are talking rubbish. The conduct of Child Elder Of Heavenly Mountain, i never do things that benefit others and not myself. I teach you martial arts, its for my own benefit, i need you to act as my proxy to resist powerful enemy. If you can’t master this 6 style [Plum Breaking Hands Of Heavenly Mountain], you will definitely die in Western Xia, its not important if little monk die in Western Xia, but your granny will also accompany you and die as well.” Xu Zhu agreed and said: “Yes!” although this person intention is bad but she still say it out loud, she can be considered straightforward and upright.

Immediately Child Elder impart him the mnemonic of the 1st palm style of [Plum Breaking Hands Of Heavenly Mountain]. This mnemonic has 7 words in a sentence, a total of 12 sentences, 84 words. Xu Zhu has superb memory, Child Elder only need to go through 3 times and he remembered everything. This 84 words are extremely difficult to pronounce, 7 flat tone in succession, followed by 7 oblique tone, the phonetics is completely different, its similar to tongue twister. Luckily Xu Zhu usually recite “Xi tan duo, bo tan luo”, “Jiedi, jiedi, boluo seng jiedi”, etc, he is familiar with incantation in scriptures, he didn’t really find it strange.

Child Elder said: “Carry me on your back and run west, recite this mnemonic loudly.” Xu Zhu followed her instructions, unexpectedly he manage to recite 3 words, he can’t utter the 4th word ‘Fu’, he have to stop and regain his breath and finally utter the 4th word. Child Elder raise her palm and slap the top of his head, she scold him: “Useless little monk, you can’t even recite the first sentence.” Although this slap is not heavy, but it hit his ‘BaiHui’ acupoint. Xu Zhu body sway, he felt dizzy and light-headed, he recite the mnemonic again, he is obstructed on the 4th word again, Child Elder slap him again.

Xu Zhu felt really strange: “How come i can’t pronounce this ‘Fu’ word smoothly?” when he recite the third time, he involuntarily gathered his energy, he blurted the ‘Fu’ word out. Child Elder smile and said: “Good chap, you pass the first stage!” As it turns out, the words of the mnemonic are complete opposite from regular breathing in pronunciation, its already not easy to recite when calm and breathing normally, while running its even more difficult to pronounce, the real purpose in reciting this mnemonic is to regulate breathing and internal energy.

As it reach noon, Child Elder ordered Xu Zhu to put her down, she flick her finger, a stone flew into the sky and shoot down a crow, she drank the crow’s blood and practice her [Eternal Youth Never Ageing Skill]. At this moment she regained her internal energy till 17 years old, although she is still greatly inferior compared with Li QiuShui, but its easy for her to kill a crow with a snap of her finger.

Child Elder finish her training, she order Xu Zhu to carry her and recite the mnemonic, once he complete reciting she ask him to recite in reverse. This mnemonic is already extremely difficult to pronounce while reciting normally, when reciting in reverse it go against his breathing and obstructed his throat, disturb his tongue and hinder his teeth, but Xu Zhu rely on his willpower and perseverance, the sky have yet to turn dark, unexpectedly when reciting the mnemonic of the 1st palm style, either normally or in reverse, it flow right off his tongue and he recited with ease, there is no obstruction at all.

Child Elder is very happy, she said: “Little monk, you are really fortunate....ayo...ayo!” suddenly there is a huge change in her tone, her pair of hands turn into fists and she violently hammered the top of Xu Zhu’s head, she scold him: “Little thief with no conscience, you...you must have engage in some hidden affairs with her, i was kept in the dark all along. Little thief, you still want to deceive me? You...how can you face me?”

Xu Zhu had a huge shock, he quickly put her down and ask: “Senior...what you trying to say?” Child Elder’s face had swollen purple, tears stream down her face, she shouted: “You and that **** Li QiuShui communicate in private, correct? You still try to deny? Still refuse to admit it? If not, how come she impart this [Minor Formless Skill] to you? Little thief, you...you really conceal it from me bitterly.” Xu Zhu is unable to make any sense of the matter, he ask: “Senior, what [Minor Formless Skill]?”

Child Elder suddenly stare stupidly, immediately she calm down and wipe her tears, she sigh and said: “Its nothing. Your Master is not faithful to me!”

As it turns out, when Xu Zhu recited the mnemonic, he cleared many difficulties swiftly, when he recited in reverse its especially smooth and easy, Child Elder suddenly recalled, it must be due to the effects of [Minor Formless Skill]. Child Elder, Wu YaZi, Li QiuShui, although they inherited their skills from the same master, but the three of them learnt different skills, Wu YaZi had the highest accomplishments, his martial arts the strongest, he succeeded his master and became Carefree Sect's Leader. As for [Minor Formless Skill], their master only pass it to Li QuiShui, its a divine skill to protect her body, the power is extremely strong, in the past years, Child Elder tried to harm her countless times, Li QiuShui relied on [Minor Formless Skill] and preserve her life. Although Child Elder don’t know [Minor Formless Skill], but she is extremely familiar with the form and appearance of the skill, currently she notice that not only Xu Zhu is equipped with this skill, the level of the skill is also deep and profound, in her shock and rage she mistook Xu Zhu as Wu YaZi. After a while she became clear-headed, she recalled how Wu YaZi deceived her and communicate with Li QiuShui in private, she is extremely angry and it aggravated her injury. In reality, she already guess this matter 10 years ago, but now she finally had convincing proof. The three martial brother and sister from Carefree Sect had extremely deep and profound internal energy, their martial arts high, but other than Child Elder, the other two are not devoted in relationship matters. Originally, Wu YaZi was in love with Child Elder, but afterwards Li ChunQiu deliberately sabotage Child Elder’s training, Child Elder’s body can never grow up, she lost out in appearance, Wu YaZi shifted his love to Li QiuShui, but he never break off with Child Elder.

At night, Child Elder kept cursing Wu YaZi and Li QiuShui. Xu Zhu heard her vicious curse, but her emotions from pain and sorrow is in fact much greater than hatred and resentment, he cannot help but feel sad for her, he advised: “Senior, life is variable, variable is suffering, all the worries in life, its all due to greed, anger and delusion. Senior, you just have to avoid these three poison, don’t long for your martial brother, don’t hate your martial sister, your heart will naturally be free from worries.” Child Elder said angrily: “I insist on thinking about your heartless Master, i insist on hating that evil ****. The more worries i have, the happier i am.” Xu Zhu shakes his head, he don’t dare to advise anymore.

The next day Child Elder taught him the mnemonic to the 2nd palm style. Thus they kept travelling and kept on practicing their skills relentlessly. As nigh fall on the 5th day, they saw dense sign of human habitation ahead, they reached a huge city. Child Elder said: “This is the capital city of Western Xia XingZhou, you still have 1 more mnemonic to master, today we have to stay at the west of XingZhou, tomorrow we will travel 200 li westward, afterwards we will detour and come back here.” Xu Zhu said: “We have to go to XingZhou?” Child Elder said: “Obviously we have to go to XingZhou, how can we penetrate deep into tiger’s den without going to XingZhou?”

Another day pass, Xu Zhu thoroughly memorized the 6 mnemonics of [Plum Breaking Hands Of Heavenly Mountain]. At a wilderness, Child Elder taught him how to utilize the mnemonics. One of her leg broke, she have no choice but to sit on the ground while sparing with Xu Zhu. [Plum Breaking Hands Of Heavenly Mountain], although it only have 6 styles, but it contains the essence of Carefree Sect’s martial arts, within the palm styles and grappling styles, there is also sword art, sabre art, whip art, spear art, grabbing art, axe art, etc, all the unique finishing moves of various weapons, the moves fantastic and wonderful, the variations complicated, Xu Zhu can’t learn all of them in such a short period of time. Child Elder said: “This [Plum Breaking Hands Of Heavenly Mountain] of mine, it can never be completed, in the future with higher level of internal energy, wider experience and knowledge, you can automatically incorporate any martial art moves into this 6 styles Plum Breaking Hands. Luckily you already mastered the mnemonics, whatever level you attain in the future its entirely dependent on you.”

Xu Zhu said: “Junior learn this martial art, its purely to protect senior, when senior regained your internal energy my assignment is complete, junior will go back to Shaolin and try to forget everything that senior taught me, i will learn Shaolin martial arts from scratch again.”

Child Elder look at him from left to right, her expression flabbergasted, she appear as if she seen a rare monster, after a long time she finally sigh and said: “This [Plum Breaking Hands Of Heavenly Mountain], how can any of your Shaolin’s martial arts be compared with it? You give up a jade and pick a roof tile, impossibly stupid. But its really not easy to ask little monk to forget your roots. Close your eyes and rest, when the sky turn dark we will enter XingZhou city!”

The time is the second of the five night watch period, Child Elder ordered Xu Zhu to carry her on his back, he ran to outside of XingZhou city, after jumping over the moat he lightly flip over the city wall and landed softly. He saw a group of armoured cavalry lifting their torch, patrolling back and forth, the soldiers well-trained and powerful, the military magnificent and powerful.

Child Elder gave her instructions softly, she ordered him to stick close to the wall and travel north-west, after walking around 3 li, they saw a skyscraper, behind the skyscraper is a building built densely layer upon layer, the structure is grand and magnificent, the roof made of glazed tile, its a dazzling sight. Xu Zhu saw this building is quite similar to Shaolin Temple, but its more splendid and majestic, he said softly: “Buddha is merciful, there is a big temple here.” Child Elder cannot help but laugh softly, she said: “Little monk really have no knowledge, this is the imperial palace of Western Xia, but you say its a big temple.” Xu Zhu had a huge shock, he said: “This is imperial palace? We come here for what?”

Child Elder said: “To seek protection from the emperor. Li QiuShui can’t find our corpse, she knows i am not dead, even if she has to turn over the entire ground she will definitely try to find me. Within 2000 li, there is only one place she won’t search, its her own home.” Xu Zhu said: “Senior is really smart, we endure for 1 day and senior’s internal energy will increase by another 1 year. We will go to your sister’s house.” Child Elder said: “This is her house....be careful, someone is coming.”

Xu Zhu shrink his body and hide in a corner, he saw 4 people moving from east to west, immediately after another 4 people came from the west, these 8 people pass by each other, they clap their palms lightly, and move past. These 8 people are nimble and athletic, clearly their martial art is not weak. Child Elder said: “The front guard patrol has pass, quickly flip over the palace’s wall, another group of patrol will come soon after.” Xu Zhu saw their influence and power, he became timid and said: “There are so many experts in the palace, we will be in trouble if they see us. We better go to your sister’s house.” Child Elder said angrily: “I already said it before, this is her house.” Xu Zhu said: “But you said this is the imperial palace.” Child Elder said: “That **** is the mother of the king of Western Xia, she is the Consort Dowager, the imperial palace is her home.”

This sentence is beyond Xu Zhu’s expectation, he is dumbfounded, another 4 people move from north to south. When the 4 people move past, Xu Zhu said: “Sen.....” he only vocalize half the word as Child Elder stretch out her hands to press his mouth, another 4 people jump out from behind the wall, they made their rounds quietly. These 4 people arrive suddenly, but they never expect that someone is hiding in the dark corner of the wall. When these 4 people move far away, Child Elder slap his back and said: “Go to that small alley.”

Xu Zhu saw how the 16 people patrol the palace, he knew he is in a dangerous place, without the guidance of Child Elder, even if he withdraw quickly he will definitely be discovered by the many guards, at once he followed her orders and entered the small alley. Both sides of the alley are high walls, in reality the alley is just a gap between two Palace.

He weave through this narrow passage, he hide for a moment within a peony shrub, when the 8 guards patrol pass he entered a large rock garden. This rock garden is winding and headed north, it stretch long and continuous for 50-60 zhang. For every 10 zhang he take, he will follow Child Elder’s instruction and hide himself, its really strange, not long after he hid himself, the guards will definitely show up and patrol, it seems as if Child Elder is the supervisor of the guards, where they patrol, when they patrol, she knows everything by the back of her hands, she predict everything accurately. They evade and dodge for over an hour, the rooms near their vicinity are all simple and crude, the guards no longer appear anymore.

Child Elder pointed at a big stone house to the left and said: “Go there.” Xu Zhu saw there is a large vacant land in front of the stone house, the moon light shine on the plot of vacant land, there is no place to hide in surrounding, at once he draw his breath and rush forward. The walls of the stone house seems to be made of 5 chi square rock, its exceptionally thick, the entrance is made of 8 rows of pine tree, the tree is chop in half and nailed together. Child Elder said: “Pull open the door and go in!” Xu Zhu’s heart is thumping madly, his voice trembled: “Your...your martial sister...is here?” he remembers Li QiuShui’s vicious methods, he don’t dare to enter. Chid Elder said: “No. Pull open the door.”

Xu Zhu grip the iron ring on the door, he pull open the door, the door is solid and heavy. Behind the front door is another door, a burst of cold air seep out from behind the door. Currently the weather is hot, although snow still covers the mountain peak but the snow already melted on level ground, the flowers flourish, but there is a thin layer of frost on the door. Child Elder said: “Push the interior door.” Xu Zhu stretch out his hands and push, the door open slowly, a narrow slit appear between the door and a gust of cold air gush out. He push open the door and entered, the interior is piled up with cloth-sacks, they stack together and is as high as the ceiling, evidently this place is a granary, there is a narrow passage to the left.

Xu Zhu felt really curious, he whispered: “How come this granary is so cold?” Child Elder laugh and said: “Close the door. We entered the ice storehouse, nothing will happen to us now!” Xu Zhu said curiously: “Ice storehouse? This is not a granary?” while speaking, he close the 2 set of doors. Child Elder is in a very good mood, she laugh and said: “Let’s go in and take a look.”

Once the 2 set of doors are closed, the interior is dark. Xu Zhu fumbled around and entered from the left side, as he move to the interior the cold air is getting thicker and thicker, he extend his left hand and touch something, its a cold, stiff and damp object, evidently its a big block of solid ice. While being baffled, Child Elder already lit a torch, in an instant a strange sight appear before his eyes, he is surrounded by blocks of square shaped ice chunk, the light from the torch reflect off the ice chunk, the light is suddenly green and suddenly blue, its really a strange sight.

Child Elder said: “Let’s descend to the bottom.” She lean against the ice chunk, she hop with her right leg and lead the way, she made a few turns around the ice chunks and entered a big hole by the corner of the house. Xu Zhu followed her, he saw a row of stone steps, after walking down the steps its yet another huge house filled with ice chunk. Child Elder said: “Most likely there is another level in this ice storehouse.” Sure enough, there is another huge stone room underneath the 2nd level, its also filled with ice chunk.

Child Elder extinguish the torch, she sat down and said: “We penetrate deep into the 3rd level, even though that **** is smart and crafty she will not be able to find us.” She exhaled a long breath. For the past few days although she appeared calm and cool, but in her heart she is really anxious and worried, Western Xia is full of experts, they penetrate deep into the interior of the imperial palace and avoided the attention of numerous experts, to achieve that firstly you need to be vigilant and cautious, secondly you have to be familiar with the way things are carried out in the palace and with the guards movement. Only now did she finally feel at ease.

Xu Zhu sigh and said: “Strange! Strange!” Child Elder said: “What so strange?” Xu Zhu said: “Unexpectedly Western Xia store these worthless ice chunks in a cellar, what is the purpose?” Child Elder laugh and said: “These ice chunks are worthless in winter, but during hot summer, these ice are very precious. Think about it, at the main street, at the open field, the sun is like steaming hot charcoal, everyone sweat like sticky paste, if they have two big blocks of ice beside them, or put a few ice cubes inside the lotus seed and mung bean soup, what is the feeling?” Xu Zhu suddenly realize the truth, he said: “Wonderful, wonderful! But to carry so much ice chunks and store them, the effort involved is truly not small, isn’t it very troublesome?” Child Elder found it funny, she said: “The emperor has hundreds of attendants at his beck and call, he can get whatever he wants, why would he even bother about troublesome or not? You think the emperor has to personally move these big ice chunks into the storehouse?”

Xu Zhu nod his head and said: “The emperor really leads an extremely comfortable life. But his comfort is really a bit too much, he will exhaust his karmic reward, his next life might not be good. Ayo, the emperor want to use these ice chunks, he will frequently send people here to fetch it, won’t they see us?” Child Elder said: “The imperial palace has ‘Sky’, ‘Earth’, ‘Mysterious’, ‘Yellow’, ‘House’, ‘Time’, ‘Flood’ and ‘Desolate’, eight ice storehouses, this ice storehouse is ‘Desolate’. They have to finish withdrawing the ice from the seven storehouses before coming to this storehouse. They might not come here for 3 months, at that time, no need to worry!” Xu Zhu said: “Senior, you know everything, you been here before? For example, you knew when and where the guards will patrol, how come you know everything?” Child Elder said: “Obviously i came to this imperial palace before. I seek that **** to vent my anger, how can it be only once? The breathing of those guards are thick and heavy, i heard them 10 zhang away, what is so strange about it?” Xu Zhu said: “So it is. Senior is born with divine ears, only extraordinary people can hope to reach your level.” Child Elder said: “What born with divine ears? With deep internal energy, you can train this kind of skills, its really easy. I will teach you.”

When Xu Zhu heard the phrase ‘you can train this kind of skills’, he suddenly remember, there is no birds and animals within this ice storehouse, its difficult to obtain warm blood, how is she going to practice her skill? There is a lot of dried food and cereals in the storehouse, but they can’t light a fire in the ice storehouse, how to cook the rice and oats for food?

Child Elder saw he is silent for a long time, she ask: “What are you thinking about?” Xu Zhu told her, Child Elder laugh and said: “You think those cloth-sack contains dried food and cereals? There is only cotton, its to prevent external heat from coming in and melting the ice. Hey hey, you want to eat cotton or not?” Xu Zhu said: “Then we have to go outside and look for food?” Child Elder said: “The imperial kitchen have no lack of chicken and duck. But there isn’t much essence in the blood of chicken, duck, pig and sheep, its not as good as the sika deer and antelope on snowy mountain. We will go to the imperial garden to catch some red-crowned crane, peacock, mandarin ducks, parrot, etc, i will drink the blood, you eat the meat, we can survive like this.”

Xu Zhu quickly said: “No, no. Junior monk cannot kill and eat meat.” He pondered, since Child Elder is safe here there is no need for him to accompany her anymore, he said: “Junior monk is a Buddhist disciple, i cannot see you kill living things, i....i have to leave now.” Child Elder said: “Where you going?” Xu Zhu said: “Junior monk will return to Shaolin Temple.” Child Elder said angrily: “You cannot leave, you have to stay here and accompany me, wait until i complete my divine martial arts and kill that ****, only then i will let you go.”

Xu Zhu heard her wanting to kill Li QiuShui after completing her skills, he is even more unwilling to accompany her in this evil plot, he stood up and said: “Senior, junior monk have to advise you but you will surely not listen to me. Moreover junior monk’s knowledge is superficial, i am clumsy and inarticulate, i can’t think of anything to persuade you, you have to resolve the grievance not deepen the grievance, its time to let go.” While speaking he walk towards the stone steps.

Child Elder shout loudly: “Stop moving, i forbid you to leave.”

Xu Zhu said: “Junior monk have to go!” originally he wanted to say ‘i hope you can complete your divine skills’, but Li QiuShui would be in danger if she completes her skills, moreover Wu LaoDa and the 36 Cave-masters and 72 Island-masters, as well as Murong Fu, Duan Yu, etc, all of them will die a violent death, he is getting more and more afraid when he thought about it, he stretch out his leg and leap up the stone steps.

Suddenly his knees felt numb, he flip over and fell down, immediately after his waist ached, his entire body paralyzed, he knew his acupoint was sealed by Child Elder. In the darkness her body is motionless, she only need to hit the empty air and his vital acupoint was sealed, its seems he can only allow himself to be manipulated before such an expert, he is completely defenceless and can’t resist at all. He calm down and chanted scriptures: “Arriving at hardship during cultivation, instinctively think about coercing by force, neglecting fundamentals and concentrating on details, excessive love and hate. Although i did not commit offense, but i lead myself to it, i willingly accept my suffering without complain. The scripture says: ‘Do not worry during hardship, you will gain wisdom....’”

Child Elder interrupted: “What you ghost scriptures you chating?” Xu Zhu said: “Excellent, excellent! This is Bodhidharma’s <<Four Passage Scripture To Enter The Way>>.” Child Elder said: “Dharma is the ancestor of your Shaolin Temple, i only know he possess exceptional talent, but how come his so long-winded, a stinky monk with no moral backbone.” Xu Zhu said: “Ancestor master is merciful, senior please don’t spout nonsense.”

Child Elder said: “You ghost scripture says: ‘Arriving at hardship during cultivation, its due to the results of past life, have to accept it willingly, do not blame and complain.’ Then no matter how others viciously torture you, you willingly accept it, never blame and complain at all?” Xu Zhu said: “Junior monk’s cultivation is superficial, when assaulted by external demons my inner self will give rise to hate, i am afraid its hard for me to resist.” Child Elder said: “Now you don’t even have a tiny bit of Shaolin martial arts, the martial arts of Carefree Sect you only learn a tiny bit, you lose more than you gain, extremely terrible. Just listen to my orders, i will impart all the divine martial arts of Carefree Sect to you, at that time you will be unequalled under the heaven, isn’t that glorious?”

Xu Zhu press his hands together, he chanted scriptures again: “All living things have no self, suffering and happiness is all predestined. The glory and reputation is all due to the merits of past life, now you reap the benefits. Karmic reward is exhausted and return to nothing, how can it be a happy affair? Gains and losses is predestined, there is no difference.”

Child Elder shouted: “Pei pei, rubbish! Your martial art is weak and lowly, you endure abuse from people everywhere you go, its similar to you having your acupoints sealed by me, i want to beat you and scold you, you can’t resist at all. Its similar to my incomplete divine martial arts, i have no choice but to hide here, that **** Li QiuShui is roaming outside, overbearing and tyrannic. Your Master gave you this painting, he ask you to go beg someone to teach you martial arts and punish that little demon Ding ChunQiu. In this world, the strong gets to bully people, the weaklings have to suffer and endure, if you want to be safe and happy then you must be the strongest person under the heaven.”

Xu Zhu chanted his scriptures: “Common people fantasize constantly, they are greedy in all aspects, they seek fame and glory. The wise men understands the truth, their logic and action is opposite, they feel at ease and let things take their own course, their form adapt to the circumstances. There is suffering in all three realm, who can be peaceful? The scripture says: ‘Those who seek will find suffering, those who do not seek will find happiness.’”

Although Xu Zhu have no talent in debating, but he is extremely familiar with scriptures. This <<Four Passage Scripture To Enter The Way>> is written by eminent monk Tanlin, Dharma travelled from Southern India to China and accepted Tanlin as disciple, the scripture recorded the words of Dharma, there is only a few hundred words, all Shaolin monks must definitely study it. He recited the scripture without thinking, but it refuted all of Child Elder’s words.

Child Elder natural disposition is competitive and eager to excel, for over 10 years she gave orders and others complied, obviously none of her female servants dare to refute her words, those men from 36 Caves and 72 Islands, they all treat her orders as God’s will, but today a little monk refuted her words and left her speechless. In her anger, she raise her right palm and strike the top of Xu Zhu’s head. When her palm is about to hit the ‘BaiHui’ acupoint on his head, she suddenly remember: “If i kill this monk with a single palm, he will die without knowing and without feeling, then his fallacious argument is correct and i am wrong, heng heng, how can this be so?” she withdraw her palm, she regulated her breathing and energy.

After a while she jump up the stone steps, she push open the door and went out, she broke a tree branch and use it as a crutch, she rush to the imperial garden. Currently her internal energy is competent, although she lost a leg but her body is still light as a leaf, how can those guards detect her presence? She caught two red-crowned crane and two peacock and return to the ice storehouse. Xu Zhu heard her going out and coming back again, he also heard the calls of birds, he chanted ‘Buddha is merciful’, since he can’t do anything now he can only let nature take its course.

The next day during noon, there is no day-time and night-time in the ice storehouse, the room is pitch-black, the internal energy within Child Elder is boiling and rolling around, she knew the time to practice her skill has come, she bite the throat of a red-crowned crane and suck its blood. After training her skill, she bite the throat of yet another red-crowned crane.

Xu Zhu heard the noise, he advised: “Senior, this bird, please leave it till tomorrow before drinking, why harm another life?” Child Elder laugh and said: “I have good intentions, its for you to eat.” Xu Zhu had a huge shock, he said: “No, no! Junior monk absolutely cannot eat it.” Child Elder stretch out her left-hand, she grab his chin, Xu Zhu cannot resist, his mouth involuntarily open up. Child Elder inverted the red-crowned crane, she pour the crane’s blood into his mouth. Xu Zhu felt warm blood flowing down his throat, he struggled and tried to shut off his throat, but his acupoint is controlled by Child Elder, there is nothing he can do, he is angry and anxious, two stream of hot tears stream down from his eyes.

Child Elder drain all the crane’s blood, her right hand press against the ‘LingTai’ acupoint on his back, she help him regulate his breathing, immediately after she hit his ‘GuanYuan’, ‘TianTu’ and ‘LiangXue’ acupoints so that he can’t vomit the blood out, she laugh happily and said: “Little monk, your Buddhist’s precepts, do not eat meat and fish, you broke it correct? Since you already broke one precept, why don’t you break another one? Heng, if there is anyone who dare to oppose me, i will complete with him till the end. In short, i will make sure you can’t be a monk.” Xu Zhu is extremely angry, he is speechless.

Child Elder laugh and said: “The scripture says: ‘Those who seek will find suffering, those who do not seek will find happiness.’ You wholeheartedly wish to abide by the Buddhist precepts, then you are ‘seeking’, since you seek and did not get it, then your heart must be feeling bitter. You have to let nature take its own course, adapt your form according to the circumstances, if you can abide the Buddhist precepts then abide it, if you can’t abide it then don’t abide it, only then its ‘non-seeking’, haha, haha!”

This went on for over a month, Child Elder regained her internal energy when she was 60 years old, when she leave the ice storehouse and go to the garden her movement is like a formless demon, if not out of fear of Li QiuShui she would have left the imperial palace. Everyday she will drink blood and train her skill, she will seal Xu Zhu’s acupoints and force the blood and meat of birds and animals into Xu Zhu’s stomach, after 4 hours, when the food in his stomach digested and he can’t vomit it out anymore, she would then release his acupoints. Xu Zhu was compelled to devour raw meat, his life spent in darkness, he really can’t bear this bitter suffering, he can only rely on a sentence in a scripture ‘Do not worry during hardship, you will gain wisdom’ to forcibly console himself, but in reality he ‘worry during hardship, hard to gain wisdom’, thus he suffered more hardships.

On this day, Child Elder heard him chanting ‘arriving at hardship during cultivation, instinctively think about coercing by force’, ‘willingly accept it, without complain or blame’, she sneered: “Rabbit, deer, crane, bird, you tasted all sorts of meat already, you still considered a monk? Chanting scriptures for what?” Xu Zhu said: “Junior monk was compelled by senior, i did not do it voluntarily, thus its not considered violating precepts.” Child Elder sneered: “If nobody compels you, you will definitely not violate your precepts?” Xu Zhu said: “Junior monk cherish my clean self, i definitely don’t dare to break Buddhist’s rules and regulations.” Child Elder said: “Good, we will try it out.” Thus she did not force Xu Zhu to drink blood and eat meat anymore. Xu Zhu is extremely happy, he express his thanks repeatedly.

The next day Child Elder still did not force him to eat meat and drink blood. Xu Zhu is so hungry that his stomach groaned, he said: “Senior, your divine martial art is nearly complete, you don’t need junior monk to serve you anymore. Junior monk have to leave.” Child Elder said: “I forbid you to leave.” Xu Zhu said: “Junior monk is very hungry, then i have to trouble senior to find some vegetables or rice for me to eat.” Child Elder said: “Its possible.” She sealed his acupoints to prevent him from running away and went out. After a while she return to the ice storehouse.

Xu Zhu smell a burst of fragrant aroma, at once his mouth is full of saliva and he crave for it. There is 3 ‘Tuo Tuo Tuo’ sound, Child Elder put 3 big bowls in front of him and said: “One bowl of simmered fried meat, one bowl of steamed fat chicken, one bowl of sweet and sour carp, quickly eat it!” Xu Zhu is frighten, he said: “Amituofo, junior monk rather die then eat it.” The fragrant aroma of the food rush into his nose, he forcibly restrain himself and focus on chanting scriptures. Child Elder grab a chicken, she ate it with gusto, she praise repeatedly, but Xu Zhu kept chanting.

On the third day, Child Elder went to the imperial kitchen again and stole a few bowls of meat dish, ham, sea cucumber, bear paw, roast duck, the aroma is extremely rich and heavy. Although Xu Zhu is so hungry that he became weak and feeble, but he still endured and refuse to eat. Child Elder pondered: “You eager to win in front of me, you will definitely refuse to eat it.” Thus she left the ice storehouse and wait outside, she did not return for half a day, she thought: “I am afraid you will definitely stealthily eat the food.” Unexpectedly when she return and inspected the food under bright light, Xu Zhu did not even touch a single drop of soup.

On the 9th day, Xu Zhu did not have the strength to chant scriptures anymore, he only bite a few ice cubes to quench his thirst, he did not eat any of the meat dish in front of him. Child Elder is furious, she grab his chest and stuff the braised pork into his mouth. She force Xu Zhu to eat meat, thus she knew she lost the competition, in her rage, she slap him 30-40 times and scold him: “Damn monk, you set yourself against granny, you want to test how powerful granny is!” Xu Zhu is neither annoyed nor angry, he chant scriptures softly.

From that point onwards, Child Elder forcibly stuff him full of meat and fish. Xu Zhu resign himself and endured, apart from chanting scriptures he slept all day long.

TBC........

Thanks for continuing the translation d4rksinz...very much appreciated!

Child Elder said: “Carry me on your back and run west, recite this mnemonic loudly.” Xu Zhu followed her instructions, unexpectedly he manage to recite 3 words, he can’t utter the 4th word ‘Fu’, he have to stop and regain his breath and finally utter the 4th word. Child Elder raise her palm and slap the top of his head, she scold him: “Useless little monk, you can’t even recite the first sentence.” Although this slap is not heavy, but it hit his ‘BaiHui’ acupoint. Xu Zhu body sway, he felt dizzy and light-headed, he recite the mnemonic again, he is obstructed on the 4th word again, Child Elder slap him again. [/end quote]
    Reading this section and the image that came to my mind made me LOL
    "my only fear of death is reincarnation...back into this life of strife" - 2pac

Thanks d4rksinz

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

this makes me wonder, XYP sect was unknown in later jin yong stories, but there are hundreds of maids under TSTL who learned XYP skills, and LQS had trained her palace attendants in her martial arts, so the sect should have continued. or because it was located in far of places, di it become a foreign sect?

pretty amazing story so far. keep up the good work.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Thanks so much, d4rksinz. It was quite fun to read.

On this day, while dreaming in his sleep, Xu Zhu suddenly detect a sweet fragrance, this fragrance is not from the burning of sandalwood or from the meat dish, but he felt safe and peaceful, an indescribable feeling of comfort, in his daze state he felt some soft object leaning on his chest, he was startled and woke up, he stretch his hands and touch the object, he felt the object is smooth soft and warm, unexpectedly it is a naked person. He had a huge shock and said: “Senior, you...what happen?”

The person said: “I.....where am i? How come its so cold?” the voice is tender and lovely, its a female voice, its not Child Elder. Xu Zhu is even more shock, his voice trembled: “You...you...who are you?” the female said: “I...i....i am so cold, who are you?” while speaking she lean closer to Xu Zhu.

Xu Zhu was about to stand up to avoid her, while he push out to support himself his left hand held onto the maiden’s shoulder, his right hand wrap around her soft and slender waist. Xu Zhu is 24 years old, in his entire life he only communicate with 3 female, AhZi, Child Elder and Li QiuShui, before that, he is always at Shaolin Temple, chanting scriptures and meditating. However its human inborn nature to be lustful, although Xu Zhu adhere strictly to Shaolin’s rules and regulations, but during spring when all the flowers boom, he will inevitably fantasize about the matters between male and female. But he don’t know what a proper female look like on the inside, thus his fantasy and imagination are weird and bizarre, he is unable to determine the correct answer and he never dare to discuss with his fellow martial brothers. At this moment, his pair of hands touched the soft smooth and delicate skin of the maiden, his heart nearly jump out from his chest, however its difficult for him to loosen his grip.

The maiden call out delicately, she turn her body and hook her hands on his neck. Xu Zhu felt her breath is like orchid, the sweet fragrant of her lip rouge assaulted him, he cannot help but feel giddy, his entire body shivered, his voice trembled: “You....you....you......” the maiden said: “I am so cold, but my heart is burning.” Xu Zhu can’t control himself, he exerted force in his pair of hands and hug her in his bosom. The maiden gave two ‘Wu Wu’ sound, her lips move closer, both of them kiss.

Wu YaZi strip Xu Zhu off all his Shaolin’s martial arts, Xu Zhu lost all his discipline, he is a robust man unfamiliar with sexual affairs, under the assault of the number one temptation under the heaven, unexpectedly he did not resist at all, he hug the maiden even tighter, at this moment his mind is somewhere else, he is not aware of his current location. The maiden’s passion is like fire, she treat Xu Zhu as her lover.

Nobody knew how much time has pass, Xu Zhu’s lust gradually fade off, he shout loudly: “Ayo!” he is about to jump up.

However the maiden embrace him tightly, she said delicately: “Don’t......don’t leave me.” Xu Zhu’s mind is clear and bright, but it only last for a split second, immediately after he hug the maiden in his bosom again, his pity secretly turn into love and affection, unexpectedly he did not hate her.

Both of them wrap themselves around each other, after a long time, the maiden said: “Good brother, who are you?” the sentence is tender and sweet, but when Xu Zhu heard it, its like thunderbolt splitting the air, his voice trembled: “I.....i made a huge mistake.” The maiden said: “What huge mistake?”

Xu Zhu stammered, he is unable to reply, he said: “I.....i am.....” suddenly the side of his torso felt numb, his acupoint was sealed, immediately after a piece of felt covered him, the naked maiden left his embrace. Xu Zhu shouted: “You....don’t go, don’t go!” in the darkness someone laugh three times, its Child Elder. Xu Zhu is so shock that he nearly fainted, his entire body turn limp, his mind completely blank. He heard Child Elder hug the maiden and left the ice storehouse.

After a while, Child Elder return, she laugh and said: “Little monk, i let you enjoy romantic happiness in life, should you give thanks?” Xu Zhu said: “I.....i.....” his mind is muddy and confuse, he is speechless. Child Elder release his acupoints, she laugh and said: “Buddhist’s disciple need to guard against lust or not? Did you break this rule yourself? Or did granny force you? You words are empty, you are a lascivious and womanizing little monk, you tell me, who won? Haha, haha!” she is laughing louder and louder, she is extremely proud of herself.

Xu Zhu suddenly understood, Child Elder is angry over his refusal to eat meat, thus she captured the maiden and use her to tempt him to break his precept, he cannot help but feel remorseful, he is ashamed, suddenly he leap up and swiftly smash his head against the ice block, there is a loud ‘Peng’ sound, he collapsed.

Child Elder had a huge shock, she did not expect this little monk to be so resolute and upright, he just return from the land of the tender and immediately commit suicide, she quickly support him up and examined him, luckily he is still breathing, but the top of his head had a hole, blood gush out, she quickly bandage his wound and let him consume a ‘Nine Revolution Bear Snake Pill’, she scold him: “Are you crazy? If not for the [Pure Energy of Northern Darkness] within your body, this knock would have killed you.” Xu Zhu cried: “Junior monk commit a grave sin, i harm others and harm myself, i cannot live anymore.” Child Elder said: “Hey hey, if all monks commit suicide after breaking a precept, then how many will still be alive in this world?”

Xu Zhu is stumped for words, he suddenly recalled, committing suicide is also a huge taboo, in his rage unexpectedly he broke yet another precept.

He is leaning against an ice chunk, his mind muddy, he blame and condemn himself, but he cannot help but think about the maiden, all kinds of tender affairs between them, endless thoughts rush through his mind, suddenly he ask: “That....that lady, who is she?”

Child Elder laugh out loud and said: “That lady is 17 years old, beautiful, elegant and graceful, her beauty without equal.”

In the darkness, Xu Zhu can’t see the appearance of the maiden, but their flesh interlinked, her soft voice entered his ear, he imagined her to be an extremely beautiful woman, he heard Child Elder describe her as ‘beautiful, elegant and graceful, her beauty without equal’, he cannot help but gave a long sigh. Child Elder laugh and said: “You miss her or not?” Xu Zhu don’t dare to lie, but he also don’t dare to admit the matter directly, he sigh again.

Several hours pass, his soul seems to have left his body, he is in a daze. Child Elder put chicken, duck, meat, etc, in front of him, Xu Zhu already gave up and abandon himself to despair, he pondered: “I am a sinner, since i already entered other sect, i also commit murder and lust, how can i still be considered a Buddhist’s disciple?” he picked up a chicken and ate it, but he only ate the food without concern for the taste, he is in a daze as tears stream down his eyes. Child Elder laugh and said: “Straightforward conduct, good chap!”

4 hours later, unexpectedly Child Elder went out again and brought that naked maiden back, she delivered it to Xu Zhu’s embrace, afterwards she went to the 2nd level and let both of them remain at the 3rd level.

The maiden sigh and said: “I am having this strange dream again, i am really scared, but also....also....” Xu Zhu said: “But also?” the maiden hug his neck, she said delicately: “But also delighted.” While speaking she press her right cheek on his left cheek. Xu Zhu felt her face is warm, he is aroused, he stretch out his hands and hug her slender waist. The maiden said: “Good brother, am i dreaming or not? If i am dreaming, how come i can feel you hugging me? I can touch your face, your chest, your arm.” While speaking she gently caress Xu Zhu’s cheek and chest, she said: “But if this is not a dream, then how come i am sleeping here for no reason, suddenly without.....without clothes, this dark and cold place? This place is cold and dark, but you are here, you are waiting for me, to pity me, to cherish me?”

Xu Zhu pondered: “So you got captured by Child Elder, you are also in a daze, your mind unclear.” He heard the maiden’s gentle voice: “Normally i am embarrass by the voice of strange man, but how come when i am here, my....my mind is so unrestrained, i can’t control myself? Sigh, if this is a dream it doesn’t resemble a dream, but if this is not a dream it resemble a dream. Last night i had this strange dream, tonight i had it again, could it be....could it be our predestined relationship in previous generations? Good brother, who are you exactly?” Xu Zhu is scared out of his wits, he said: “I....i am...” he wanted to say ‘i am a little monk’, but he can’t say it out.

The maiden stretch out her hand to cover his mouth, she said softly: “Don’t tell me, i....i am scared.” Xu Zhu hug her body tightly with both arms, he ask: “You are scared of what?” the maiden said: “Scared that if you say something, i will wake up from this dream. You are the lover in my dream, i call you ‘Meng Lang’, ‘Meng Lang’, ‘Meng Lang’, tell me, is this name alright?” Initially she covered Xu Zhu’s mouth with her hand, but she shifted them and gently caress his eyes and nose, she seems to be showing affection yet she seems to be using her hands as eyes, she want to know his appearance. The warm and soft hand touch his eyebrow, his forehead, the top of his head.

Xu Zhu had a huge shock, he pondered: “Terrible, she touched my bald head.” Unexpectedly the maiden touch a patch of short hair. As it turns out, Xu Zhu stayed in the ice storehouse for nearly two months, adding the days that had pass since leaving Shaolin, his bald head had long grown 3 chi long hair. The maiden said delicately: “Meng Lang, why is your heart beating so fast? Why aren’t you speaking?”

Xu Zhu said: “I.....i am the same as you, i am happy yet afraid. I tarnish your clean and pure body, i can’t repay you even if i die ten thousand times.” The maiden said: “Don’t say that, we are dreaming, no need to be scared. What you call me?” Xu Zhu said: “En, you are the goddess in my dream, i will call you ‘Meng Gu’, is it good?” the maiden clap her hands and laugh: “Good, you are my ‘Meng Lang’, i am your ‘Meng Gu’. This sweet dream, we have to dream for a lifetime, we will never wake up.” They are deep in passion, both of them immerse in this beautiful dream, is it really fantasy? Or are they in heaven?

After several hours, Child Elder finally use a felt cloth to wrap the maiden and carried her out.

The next day, Child Elder brought the maiden to Xu Zhu again. Both of them meet each other for the 3rd time, their confusion gradually fade, their shame diminish, their love and passion everlasting and unlimited, they rejoice in their love. Xu Zhu don’t dare to reveal the truth about how they manage to meet up, the maiden also treat it as fantasy, she did not inquire how she ended up in this dream.

These three days of being entangled in love, Xu Zhu felt the dark and cold cellar is like paradise, why the need to bother about Buddhism or seek salvation?

On the 4th day, Xu Zhu ate bear paws, venison, etc, various delicacies brought by Child Elder, he expect Child Elder to go out and bring the maiden, unexpectedly he kept on waiting but Child Elder sat down silently and did not move. Xu Zhu is like an ant on hot pan, he can’t sit still, he want to inquire but he don’t dare.

He endured for four hours, his worried movements, all kinds of actions, Child Elder heard everything but she ignored them. Xu Zhu can’t endure anymore, he ask: “Senior, that lady, is....is she a palace maid?” Child Elder groan, she did not reply. Xu Zhu pondered: “You refuse to reply, there is nothing i can do.” But when he thought about the tender affection of the maiden, he is really hyperactive and uncontrollable, he can’t restrain himself, after enduring a while, he have no choice but to plead earnestly: “I beg you to do a good deed, tell me please.” Child Elder said: “Don’t talk to me today, ask me tomorrow.” Although Xu Zhu is really anxious but he don’t dare to inquire again.

With great difficulty he endured till the next day, after eating, Xu Zhu said: “Senior....” Child Elder said: “You want to know the identity of that lady, how can it be difficult? Even if you want to meet her everyday, never separate again, its also easy......” Xu Zhu is so happy that his eagerness is hard to bear, he don’t know what to say. Child Elder said: “You want to know?” Xu Zhu don’t dare to reply momentary, he stammered: “I don’t know how to repay senior.”

Child Elder said: “I don’t need you to repay anything. My [Eternal Youth Never Aging Skill] will be perfected in a few days time, these few days are very important, i cannot relax or slack off for a single moment, i cannot even go out to find food, i already prepared all the cooked food and animals. You want to meet that beautiful lady, you have to wait until i complete my skill.”

Although Xu Zhu is disappointed, but he knew Child Elder is telling the truth, luckily its only a few days, he have to endure the pain of missing her, he immediately replied: “Yes! All according to senior’s command.” Child Elder said: “Once my divine skill is complete, i will immediately seek that **** Li QiuShui for revenge. Originally that **** is definitely not my match, but unfortunately that **** broke my leg, i suffered great loss in my energy, i am not certain i can take my revenge. In the event i die by her hands, i can’t bring that lady to you, its fated, there is nothing i can do. Unless....unless......” Xu Zhu heart is thumping madly, he ask: “Unless what?” Child Elder said: “Unless you agree to assist me.” Xu Zhu said: “Junior’s martial art is low and weak, how can i help?”

Child Elder said: “I will duel with that ****, the outcome of the battle will hang by a thin line. Its difficult for her to defeat me, but its also difficult for me to kill her. From today onwards i will teach you another martial art, [Six Solar Palms Of Heavenly Mountain]. At the crucial moment of our duel you will use this palm style, you only need to press your hand on her, her energy will drain off, she will lose for sure.”

Xu Zhu felt really awkward, he pondered: “Although i broke Buddhist precepts, i can’t be Buddhist disciple anymore, but to assist her in killing someone, this kind of evil deed greatly goes against my conscience, i definitely cannot do it.” He replied: “I ought to agree to assist senior, but if you kill her as a result of my action then junior will commit another grave sin, henceforth i will sink into vice and i can’t reincarnate anymore.”

Child Elder said angrily: “Hey, damn monk, you can’t be a monk anymore, but you still have the heart of a monk, what kind of thing are you? Li QiuShui is a evil-doer, how can you sin by killing her?” Xu Zhu said: “Even for wicked traitor and evil person, we ought to instruct and reform them, we cannot be rash and commit murder.” Child Elder anger burst out, she said sternly: “You refuse to listen to me, don’t ever think about seeing that lady again. You better think carefully.” Xu Zhu is so sad that he is speechless, he simply chant scriptures in his heart.

Child Elder saw he is silent for a long time, she said happily: “For the sake for that little beauty, you have no choice but to agree, correct?” Xu Zhu said: “I definitely cannot agree to harm another human life just for the sake of my own happiness. If i can never see that lady again, then its predestined in my past life. Since we exhausted our predestined relationship, i cannot force it. Since i cannot force it, let alone being forced to commit evil? I definitely cannot do it.” When he finish speaking, he recited scripture: “Its constructed for a reason, once fate is exhausted it returns to nothing. Gains and losses are predestined, there is no addition or subtraction.” Although he said it out loud, but he is aware that he can never meet that maiden again, he is very sad.

Child Elder said: “I ask you again, will you learn [Six Solar Palms Of Heavenly Mountain] or not?” Xu Zhu said: “I cannot comply, senior please forgive me.” Child Elder said angrily: “Then get lost, scram, go far far away.” Xu Zhu stood up, he bow deeply and said: “Senior you have to take care of yourself.” He thought about their meeting, although she made him violate his Buddhist precepts, he can’t be a monk anymore, but as a result he get to meet his ‘Meng Gu’, deep in his heart, he felt more gratitude towards Child Elder and less of hate, he cannot help but feel sad now that they are parting, he suddenly recall that her powerful enemy is still around and she had yet to escape danger, he said: “Senior you have to take care, be very careful, junior cannot serve you anymore.” He turn around and walk up the stone steps.

He is afraid that Child Elder will seal his acupoints again and prevent him from leaving, once he set foot on the stone step he immediately leap up, he gathered his [Pure Energy of Northern Darkness] and rush to the 2nd level of the ice storehouse in an instant, immediately after he rush to the 1st level, he stretch his hands to push the door. His right hand touch the door ring, suddenly both his legs and back ached, he shouted: “Ayo!” he knew he was ambushed by Child Elder again, his body sway, both his shoulders ached as if pricked by needle, he collapsed immediately.

He heard Child Elder said gloomily: “You are hit by my hidden projectile, are you aware of it?” Xu Zhu felt some of his wounds are numb and itchy, some of them are aching from being pricked by needle, its like ten thousand ants biting him, he said: “Naturally i am aware of it.” Child Elder sneered: “You know what kind of hidden projectile it is? Its ‘life-death talisman’!”

Xu Zhu ear is buzzing, at once he recalled Wu LaoDa frightened expression when mentioning the ‘life-death talisman’. He only know that ‘life-death talisman’ is some charm or amulet that can control a person’s life and death, unexpectedly its a hidden projectile, Wu LaoDa and his group are all violent and savage, but they become meek and docile when controlled by ‘life-death talisman’, he can well imagine the power of this hidden projectile.

He heard Child Elder said: “Once the life-death talisman enters the body, there is no cure or antidote. Wu LaoDa and those bastards revolt against Misty Peak, evidently they are not willing to be controlled by the life-death talisman, they wish to steal the method to break the life-death talisman from Vulture Palace. These dogs are deluded, they can keep on dreaming, how can the method to breaking granny’s life-death talisman be stolen?”

Xu Zhu felt his wounds are getting more and more itchy, in addition the strange itch gradually penetrate deep, less then the time taken to eat a meal, his vital organs start itching, he really want to smash his head against the wall and kill himself as its much better then suffering this torture, he cannot bear it and groan loudly.

Child Elder said: “The life-death talisman, what is the meaning to the two word ‘life-death’? I guess you finally know it?” Xu Zhu said in his heart: “I know, i know! I can neither live nor die.” Other than groaning, he did not have the slightest bit of strength to talk anymore. Child Elder said: “Just now, when you are about to leave, twice you told me to take care of myself, your speech shows concern for me, you are not without conscience. Moreover you save granny’s life, Child Elder Of Heavenly Mountain differentiate grudge and kindness clearly, i have my own reward and punishment, nevertheless you are vastly different from Wu LaoDa and those scoundrels. Granny planted the life-death talisman on you, its punishment, but i can also get rid of them for you, then its reward.”

Xu Zhu groaned: “We must have prior agreement, if you try to use this matter to coerce me, ask me to commit outrageous atrocities, i....i rather die..then....then...then....then....” the phrase ‘i rather die then submit’, his unable to say it out.

Child Elder sneered: “Heng, i can’t tell just by looking at you, unexpectedly you are such a resolute person. But why are you groaning and muttering, can’t speak properly? You know why Cave-master An stutters?” Xu Zhu said in alarm: “He is also hit by your life....life....thus he is in so much pain that he stu....stu.....stu.....” Child Elder said: “Its good that you know it. Once the life-death talisman flare up, it will get worse day after day, the strange itch and acute pain last for 81 days, after that it will gradually diminish, 81 days later it will progressively intensify again, the cycle repeats itself and never ends. Every year i will send my subordinates to patrol all the Caves and Islands, i will grant pain-killer and medicine that stops the itch, the life-death talisman won’t activate for a year.”

Xu Zhu finally understood why all the Cave-masters and Island-masters treat Child Elder’s subordinates as god, they willingly allow themselves to be beaten, its all for the sake of the medicine that can guarantee 1 year of peace, but won’t he also become an animal and allow himself to be manipulated by others for his entire life?

Child Elder live with Xu Zhu for almost 3 months now, she is very familiar with his character and temper, his conduct is soft and amiable on the outside but strong and resolute on the inside, although he is meek and amiable but he can be extremely obstinate and stubborn, he will definitely not yield to threats, she said: “I said before, you are different from Wu LaoDa and those bastards, granny won’t give you medicine every year, you will worry everyday and you can’t sleep properly at night. I planted nine different life-death talismans on you, i can remove all of them at one go, cut the weeds and eliminate the roots, you will never suffer again.”

Xu Zhu said: “Then, many.....many....many....many....” his unable to say the word ‘thanks’.

At once Child Elder let him consume a pill, his pain and itch stop for the moment. Child Elder said: “To get rid of life-death talisman, you have to use the internal energy of palm force. I am about to complete my divine skill, i cannot exhaust my energy for you, i will teach you the method to channel your energy and the palm moves, dissolve the life-death talisman yourself.” Xu Zhu said: “Yes.”

Child Elder taught him how to channel his [Pure Energy of Northern Darkness] from his dantian to his ‘TianShu’, ‘TaiYi’, ‘LiangMen’, ‘ShenFeng’, ‘ShenZang’, etc, the various acupoints, afterwards they will pass through ‘QuChi’, ‘DaLing’, ‘YangHua’ and reach the hollow of his palm, the method to channel energy from the meridians to the hollow of the palm is the unique wonderful skill of Carefree Sect, she also taught him how to take in and send out large quantities of energy, how to circulate and revolve the energy, how to disperse the energy, how to control and release the energy, etc, various different methods. Xu Zhu’s body contain sufficient internal energy, after training for 2 days he became proficient.

Child Elder said: “Wu LaoDa and those bastards, although they have low moral standards, but their martial arts are really not weak. Among those gang of rouges, there are a few who have extremely deep and profound internal energy, but none of them can use their internal energy to neutralize my life-death talisman, do you know the reason?” She pause for a while, she know perfectly well that Xu Zhu can’t answer, she continued: “The reason is because i planted different kinds of life-death talisman on them, the techniques i used are also different and interesting. If they tried to use hard and ‘yang’ technique to neutralize the life-death talisman, but if the life-death talisman is located at the ‘TaiYang’, ‘ShaoYang’, ‘YangMing’, etc, various meridians, the yang energy will drastically increase and intertwine, it will penetrate deep into their inner organs, the outcome is irremediable. If they tried to use soft and ‘yin’ technique to neutralize the life-death talisman, the ‘TaiYin’, ‘ShaoYin’, ‘JueYin’ meridians, the life-death talisman within these meridians will flare up. In addition, every life-death talisman i planted have different composition of yin and yang energy, how can outsiders undo it? The nine life-death talisman on your body, you have to use nine different methods to neutralize them.” At once she taught him a palm style, when he is proficient in it she will spar with him, she will use various complicated and sinister palm moves to attack him and force him to use the newly learnt palm style to counter.

Child Elder said: “My life-death talisman have countless changes and permutation, when getting rid of it, you must be adaptable and change according to the situation, if you make the slightest bit of mistake, you will either spurt blood violently, energy obstructed and die, or entire body paralyze, meridians reverse, internal energy leak out. You have to treat the life-death talisman as a powerful enemy, make an all-out effort, you cannot allow yourself to be relax or complacent.”

Xu Zhu receive instructions and train bitterly, the techniques imparted by Child Elder are incomparably ingenious and magnificent, the energy flow according to one’s wishes, no matter what kind of vicious or fierce palm moves she use to attack him, he can simply use this set of palm technique to neutralize, in addition while neutralizing, his technique will definitely contain moves that allow fierce and violent counterattack. The more he train the more he admire it, he finally understood, the ‘life-death talisman’ can make the 36 Cave-masters and 72 Island-masters break out in fear and become terror-stricken, the talisman indeed has its own inexhaustible might and power, if not for Child Elder’s personal instructions, how can he know there is such wonderful and marvellous neutralizing technique?

He spent four days of effort, he is finally proficient in nine different technique.

Child Elder is extremely happy, she said: “Little....little chap is not stupid at all. There is a saying in military tactics: ‘Know yourself, know your enemy and emerge victorious in every battle.’ You want to subdue the life-death talisman, you have to know the method to planting life-death talisman, do you know what life-death talisman is made of?” Xu Zhu is stumped for words, he said: “Its a hidden projectile.” Child Elder said: “Correct, its a hidden projectile, but what kind of hidden projectile? Like sleeve-arrow or steel dart? Like Bodhi or Daylily?” Xu Zhu pondered: “I was hit by nine hidden projectiles, although its painful and itchy, but they disappear without a trace when i touch it, i really don’t know what they look like.” He found it difficult to reply.

Child Elder said: “This is a life-death talisman, take it and examine it carefully.”

As he thought about this number one hidden projectile under the heaven, he is really anxious and worried, he stretch out his hands to take it, when it landed on his palm he felt an ice-cold sensation, the hidden projectile is light as a feather, its a small circular sheet, its only around the size of a toe, the edge is sharp and its thin like paper. Xu Zhu want to examine it carefully, but he felt a cooling sensation on his palm, after a while the life-death talisman disappear. Xu Zhu had a huge shock, Child Elder did not stretch out her hands to take it back, how come the hidden projectile will automatically disappear? Its really unpredictable and inconceivable, he shouted: “Ayo!” he pondered: “Terrible, terrible! The Life-death talisman drill into my palm.”

Child Elder said: “You understand now?” Xu Zhu said: “I....i.....” Child Elder said: “My life-death talisman, its just a thin slice of ice.” Xu Zhu cry out in surprise, he felt at ease immediately, he finally understood, the thin ice is melted by heat from the palm, gone in an instant, the energy in his palm is like furnace, it turn the ice into vapour, unexpectedly there isn’t any water-stain at all.

Child Elder said: “In order to learn how to break the life-death talisman you have to learn how to launch it, to learn how to launch it then naturally you have to learn how to make it. Don’t underestimate this thin slice of ice, to make it as thin as paper, unbroken and undamaged, its really not easy. Put some water on your palm, afterwards channel your internal energy in reverse, let the energy be several times colder than ice, the clear water will naturally turn into ice.” At once she taught him how to channel his internal energy in reverse, how to convert hard and ‘yang’ energy into soft and ‘yin’ energy. The [Pure Energy of Northern Darkness] imparted by Wu YaZi possess both yin and yang, the skills learnt by Xu Zhu are all hard and ‘yang’, but since his internal energy already had solid foundation, its not difficult for him as long as he go against normal principles.

After learning how to make life-death talisman, Child Elder taught him the hand technique and strength in firing as well as how to target acupoints, on the thin slice of ice, she taught him how to attach hard and ‘yang’ energy, how to attach soft and ‘yin’ energy, how to attach 30% yang and 70% yin, or maybe 60% yin and 40% yang, although its just yin and yang energy, but the sequence is different, the amount is also different, it follow one’s heart’s desire, countless changes and permutation. Xu Zhu spent another three days and he finally learn everything. Child Elder said happily: “Little chap is not stupid at all, you learn rather fast, you already mastered the fundamental skills in life-death talisman. As for subtle and profound variation, able to recognize acupoints without error, that is future matters.”

On the 4th day, Child Elder ordered him to regulate and mix his internal energy, gather internal energy in both palms, she said: “One of the life-death talisman is behind your right knee, on the ‘YinLing Quan’ acupoint, channel ‘yang’ energy to your right palm, use the 2nd palm technique to smack it quickly, channel ‘yin’ energy to your left palm, use the 7th palm technique to slowly draw and pull it out. Pull three times, the hot poison and cold poison in this life-death talisman will be neutralize.” Xu Zhu act according to her instructions, sure enough, his ‘YinLing Quan’ acupoint was originally sluggish and obstructed but it clear up, his joint flexible and agile again, he felt really comfortable.

Child Elder gave directions one by one, Xu Zhu simply followed and neutralize the life-death talisman. Eventually he got rid of all nine life-death talismans, Xu Zhu is extremely happy.

Child Elder sigh and said: “Tomorrow noon, my divine skill will be complete. While completing the skill i have to resolve multitude of loose ends, its incomparably dangerous, today i have to calm down and mediate, don’t talk to me anymore to avoid disturbing my thoughts.” Xu Zhu said: “Yes.” He pondered: “The days pass really quick, unexpectedly three months simply pass by.”

At this moment, he suddenly heard a tiny voice like mosquito buzzing in his ear: “Martial sister, martial sister, where are you hiding? How come you are at little sister’s house but you did not come out to meet me? You regard me as an outsider, you somewhat upstage the host, correct?”

The voice is extremely soft and thin, but he heard every single word clearly. Who else can it be other than Li QiuShui?

----End of Chapter 36-----

Oh crap, they've been found! Hopefully they can delay long enough for the Child Elder to finish.

He thought the maiden was child elder at first. Gross.

Thanks d4rksinz

Thanks d4rksinz.

Thanks d4rksinz. Looking forward to Chapter 37.I'm wondering if XZ actually gets infused with both martial sisters' inner force and the end of the epic battle.The drama series are not very clear on what actually happened... but my guess is that both of the elders deliberately infused him with all their energies.

Chapter 37 --- Laughing Together, Everything Reduce To Emptiness

Xu Zhu had a shock, he shouted: “Ayo, not good, she....she....” Child Elder said loudly: “Why the big fuss?” Xu Zhu said softly: “She...she finally found us.” Child Elder said: “Although she knows i am in the imperial palace, but she don’t know where i am hiding. There are thousands and hundreds of room in the imperial palace, if she search one by one, even after 10 days or half a month she might not be able to find this place.” Xu Zhu finally felt at ease, he breathe a sigh of relief and said: “We only need to endure until tomorrow noon, by then we don’t need to be afraid anymore.” Sure enough, Li QiuShui’s voice gradually move further and further away, eventually there is no sound from her at all.

But after an hour, Li QiuShui thin voice penetrate into the ice storehouse again: “My good martial sister, you still remember martial brother Wu YaZi? He is at little sister’s palace, he is waiting for you to come out, he have some important matters to tell you.”

Xu Zhu said softly: “Wrong, wrong! Senior Wu YaZi died long ago, don’t.....don’t be fooled by her.”

Child Elder said: “Even if we shout and scream here she won’t be able to hear us. She is using her [Great Voice Transmitting Soul Searching Method] to force me to go out. She mentioned Wu YaZi, she is simply trying to disturb my mind, how can i be fooled by her?”

But Li QiuShui talk endlessly, hours and hours went on, she narrate how the three of them fellow apprentices learn their skills, she narrate how Wu YaZi love her deeply, immediately after she start abusing loudly and curse Child Elder as the number one lascivious and malicious person, a shrewd and shameless ****, she claim those words are said by Wu YaZi.

Xu Zhu pair of hands are covering his ears, but the voice still penetrate his hands and enter his ears, he can’t block it out. Xu Zhu is extremely irritated as he kept on listening, he shouted: “False, all of them are false! I don’t believe you!” he tear some cloth off his clothes and stuff it into his ears.

Child Elder said indifferently: “You can’t block this voice. That **** is using her profound internal energy to transmit it, we are inside the 3rd level of the ice storehouse, yet the voice still transmit here, you stick some cloth in your ear, what is the use? The guards and concubine in the imperial palace, maids and eunuch, thousands and hundreds of them, but none of them have Carefree Sect’s internal energy, none of them can hear this voice. You have to be calm and tranquil, hear but ignore deliberately, just treat the words of that **** as donkey cry or dog bark.” Xu Zhu said: “Yes.” But the discipline to ‘turn a blind eye, hear but not react’, the martial arts of Carefree Sect is much inferior to the meditation skill of Shaolin, since Xu Zhu lost all his Shaolin martial arts, he can’t ignore Li QiuShui’s words, he listen to various malicious stuff about Child Elder, inevitably he half believe and half doubt, he don’t know if it is true or false.

After a while he suddenly recall something, he said: "Senior, the time to practice your skill is nearing soon correct? This is the last stage before you achieve success, it is extremely important, but when you listen to her words won't you be distracted?" Child Elder laugh bitterly and said: "You only realize it now? That **** calculate the time accurately, once my divine skill is complete she knows she won't be my match, thus she spare no effort to try and obstruct me." Xu Zhu said: "Then please temporarily put aside your plans and stop training, is it ok? Terrible external demon is invading, if you train under such conditions it might be a little.....a little dangerous." Child Elder said: "You rather die then help me deal with that ****, but how come you are concern about my safety now?" Xu Zhu is stumped for words, he said: "I am unwilling to assist senior to harm others, but i am even more unwilling to see others harm senior."

Child Elder said: "You conscience is good. I already thought through this matter a thousand times. That **** is using her [Great Voice Transmitting Soul Searching Method] to disturb my mind, simultaneously she also dispatched her hunting dogs to track me, she already secured the imperial palace like an iron bastion. We can't escape. The longer we stay here the more dangerous it is. Luckily we brave danger and went to her house, if not we would have been detected two months ago, at that time my internal energy is low and i can't resist at all, once i listen to her [Great Voice Transmitting Soul Searching Method] i would have gone out obediently. Foolish boy, its noon already, granny have to train my skill now." she bite off the head of a red-crowned crane and suck the crane's blood, she cross her legs and sat down.

Xu Zhu listen to Li QiuShui's voice, it is getting more and more wretched, presumably she calculated this moment, this noon is the crucial juncture, a matter of life and death between the two martial sisters. Suddenly, Li QiuShui's voice became extremely gentle and soft, she said: "Good martial brother, hug me. En, wu, wu, hug me tighter, kiss me, kiss here." Xu Zhu is stunned, he pondered: "How come she mention about this kind of stuff?"

He heard Child Elder groan out, she cursed in rage: "Treacherous ****!" Xu Zhu had a huge shock, he is aware that Child Elder is at a critical juncture in her training, unexpectedly she got distracted and start cursing, its incomparably dangerous, a single mistake and she will fire-deviate, the meridians in her body will all burst and break off. Although he is worried but he can't do anything to help. Li QiuShui's soft voice transmit endlessly, all of them narrating the joyous love between Wu YaZi and herself. Xu Zhu cannot help but think about his joyous meeting with the maiden, his desire surge, warm blood circulate through his entire body, his skin is burning hot.

But he notice Child Elder is breathing heavily, she cursed: " Treacherous ****, junior martial brother never love you, you seduce him, you have no sense of shame!" Xu Zhu is startled, he said: "Senior, she....she is inciting your anger on purpose, you must not take it seriously." Child Elder curse again: "Shameless ****, if he truly love you, how come when he is about to die, he rush to Misty Peak and pass on the 'Seven Treasure Ring' to me? He also gave me a portrait of my 18 year old self, he drew it personally, he said for the past 60 years, this portrait accompanied him day and night, he kept it close at all time. Hey, you must be very sad when you heard it right....."

She kept talking non-stop, Xu Zhu is stunned. How come Child Elder is saying all these lies? Could it be that she fire-deviated, she lost her mind? Moreover she seems to be transmitting her voice out to let Li QiuShui hear it.

He heard a violent crashing sound, the front door of the ice storehouse was push open, immediately after the second set of door open as well, the sound of front door closing, the sound of the second door closing. He heard Li QiuShui's husky voice: "You are lying, you are lying, martial brother he....he...he only love me. He will never draw a portrait of you, you are a midget, how can he love you? You are talking rubbish, specialize in deceiving people....."

There is a dozen loud slamming sound, its like lightning strike, it transmit from the 1st level of the ice storehouse. Xu Zhu was startled, Child Elder burst into loud laughter and shouted: "Treacherous ****, you thought martial brother only love you? You head is really muddled. Correct, i am a midget, i cannot be compared with you, a seductive beautiful woman, but martial brother knows everything. You are fond of seducing handsome, natural and unrestrained young man, even his disciple Ding ChunQiu that kind of little rascal you also try to seduce. Martial brother told me, i am a virgin till old, my feelings towards him never change. But you, think about it, you had how many lovers? You married the king of Western Xia and became the emperor's concubine, why would martial brother care about you?" Unexpectedly her voice projected from the 1st level of the ice storehouse, Xu Zhu never notice when she move from the 3rd level to the 1st level. Child Elder laugh again: "We martial sisters never see each other for 10 years, we should be affectionate to each other. Seal off the front door of the ice storehouse so that outsiders can't come in to disturb us. Haha, you like to rely upon your superior number to win, there is no harm is calling some of your helpers to assist. Come on, move away the ice chunks! Transmit your voice out!"

In a split second countless thoughts went through Xu Zhu's mind: "Child Elder incite Li QiuShui and lure her into the ice storehouse, she immediately move the big ice chunks and block the front door, she is determined to fight till death. Although Li QiuShui have huge influence in the imperial palace but she can't summon her men to assist her now. But how come she didn't push away the ice chunks? How come she didn't do as Child Elder says, transmit her voice out and order her men to attack here? Maybe when shifting the ice chunks or transmitting her voice, she will inevitably be distracted, Child Elder is standing by the side, naturally she will seize the opportunity and strike a fatal blow; Or maybe Li QiuShui is proud and conceited, she is unwilling to ask for assistance, she wants to personally deal with her love rival." Xu Zhu pondered: "Previously, when training, Child Elder is always motionless, she does not react to external affairs, but today she cannot help it and shouted out to fight with Li QiuShui, but her divine skill still lack one more day before completion, she wasted her effort and failed at the final hurdle. I wonder who will win today's battle, if Child Elder wins, i wonder if we can escape the palace, can she compensate her training by practicing tomorrow?"

He heard loud slamming and banging sounds from the 1st level, evidently Child Elder is waging a gigantic battle with Li QiuShui. Xu Zhu live together with Child Elder for 3 months, although the old granny is temperamental and moody, her conduct unruly, he really suffered under her, but because he is with her all the time he cannot help but feel close to her, he is afraid Child Elder will suffer under Li QiuShui's evil hands, thus he went to the 2nd level to look at the situation.

As he reach the 2nd level, he heard Li QuiShui shout: "Who is it?" the banging and crashing sound stop. Xu Zhu held his breath and wait, he don't dare to reply. Child Elder said: "That is the number one romantic person of Central Plains, nicknamed 'White-face Playboy Wu PanAn', you want to meet him?" Xu Zhu pondered: "My appearance is so ugly, what nicknamed 'White-face Playboy Wu PanAn'? Sigh, senior is making fun of me."

But he heard Li QuiShui said: "Rubbish, i am already an old woman, you think i am still fond of youngster? What 'White-face Playboy Wu PanAn', most probably its that ugly monk who carried you and ran around." she raise her voice and shout: "Little monk, is that you?" Xu Zhu's heart is thumping madly, he don't know if he should reply or not. Child Elder shouted: "Meng Lang, are you a little monk? Haha, Meng Lang, you are such a romantic and charming youngster but she assume you are a little monk, its really funny."

Xu Zhu blush deep red when he heard the phrase 'Meng Lang', his so ashamed that he can't show his face, he pondered: "Terrible, terrible, the conversation between me and that maiden, Child Elder heard everything, how can those words be heard by an outsider? Ayo, those words that i said to the maiden, i am afraid...maybe....most likely....Child Elder heard all of them as well. That....that..."

Child Elder said: "Meng Lang, quickly answer me, are you a little monk?" Xu Zhu said softly: "No." although his voice is soft but Child Elder and Li QuiShui heard it clearly.

Child Elder laugh out loud and said: "Meng Lang, don't worry, you can see your Meng Gu pretty soon. She miss you badly, for the past few days she have no appetite, she is restless, she is thinking about you, she miss you. Tell me honestly, you miss her or not?"

Xu Zhu is infatuated with that maiden, although he diligently train his skills in firing and countering the life-death talisman for the past few days, but he is constantly thinking about her, he is head over heels in love, suddenly he heard Child Elder inquire about it, he cannot help but blurt out: "Really miss her."

Li QuiShui muttered: "Meng Lang, Meng Lang, as it turns out you are really a passionate youngster! Come up here, let me see what kind of person is the number one romantic of Central Plains!"

Although Li QuiShui is younger than Child Elder and Wu YaZi, but she is over 80 years of age, an old woman, however her speech is gentle and coy, when Xu Zhu heard her voice his heart palpitated with eagerness, in a split second he really thinks he is the 'Number one romantic person of Central Plains', but he came to his senses immediately: "I am a ugly monk, how can i be a romantic person, isn't it laughable?" immediately after he thought: "Child Elder is facing a powerful enemy, how come she still have the mood to make fun of me? There must be some deep meaning behind it. Ah, that's right, that day senior Wu YaZi wants me to succeed him as Carefree Sect Leader, he repeatedly voice out his disdain of my appearance, afterwards senior Su XingHe said, to subdue Ding ChunQiu, they must find a handsome natural and unstrained youngster with high comprehension, although i possess senior Wu YaZi divine internal energy but my martial art is weak, i have to find a person to teach me martial arts, this person is only fond of handsome youngster, don't tell me the person is Li QiuShui?"

While his pondering, the flame flicker, bright light illuminated the 1st level, immediately after there is the loud sound of rushing wind. Xu Zhu rush up the stone steps, he look up, he saw a white shadow and a grey shadow revolving rapidly around each other, the two shadows suddenly separate and suddenly move close, it emit 'Pa Pa' sound, evidently Child Elder and Li QuiShui are fighting a fierce battle. A torch is on an ice block and emit faint ray of light. The movement of the two are extremely fast, its really unimaginable, its impossible for Xu Zhu to determine who is Child Elder and who is Li QiuShui.

The torch burn off extremely fast, it exhausted its flame in a short period of time, with a 'Chi' sound it extinguish and the ice storehouse turn pitch-black again, but palm wind is still rushing about. Xu Zhu is really anxious: "Child Elder lost a leg, its unfavorable for her in a long battle, how should i help her? But Child Elder is vicious and merciless, if she gain the upper hand she will definitely kill her martial sister, this is not good. Moreover the martial arts of these two are so high, how can i interfere their battle?"

He heard a loud 'Pa' sound, Child Elder gave a long cry, she seems to be injured. Li QiuShui laugh out loudly and said: "Martial sister, what do you think of this move from little sister? Please give me some guidance." suddenly she shout sternly: "Where are you running!"

Xu Zhu felt a burst of cold wind brush past him, Child Elder is standing beside him and said: "2nd technique, execute your palm!" Xu Zhu don't understand the reason, he was about to inquire: "What?" but he felt cold wind assaulting him, an extremely powerful palm force move straight at him, he have no time to consider, at once he executed the 2nd palm technique taught by Child Elder to break the life-death talisman, in the darkness he clash with the incoming force, Xu Zhu experience a sever shock in his body, his blood and energy is rolling around his chest, its extremely hard to endure, without thinking he use the 7th palm technique to disperse the force.

Li QuiShui cry out in surprise, she shout loudly: "Who are you? How come you know [Six Solar Palm Of Heavenly Mountain]? Who taught you?" Xu Zhu ask curiously: "What [Six Solar Palm Of Heavenly Mountain]?" Li QiuShui said: "You still refuse to admit it? The 2nd move 'Spring Sun In White Snow' and the 7th move 'Three Layer Sun Gate', its a secret move of my sect, where did you learn it?" Xu Zhu said: "'Spring Sun In White Snow'? 'Three Layer Sun Gate'?" his mind is blank, he seems to understand but yet he don't understand, he faint guess he was tricked by Child Elder again.

Child Elder is standing behind her, she sneered: "This Meng Lang, since he carry the reputation as the number one romantic of Central Plains, naturally he is gifted in the four arts, medicine and divination, horoscope, wine drinking, singing, drinking game, guessing riddle, all kinds of shady business, he know them all, he mastered them all. Thus he gained the favor of martial brother Wu YaZi, he accepted him as his last disciple, he ordered him to exterminate your lover Ding ChunQiu to tidy up sect affairs."

Li QiuShui said brightly: "Meng Lang, is her word true or false?"

Xu Zhu heard both of them address him as 'Meng Lang', he cannot help but blush deeply, the first half of Child Elder's speech is false, the latter half is true, but he can neither say its true nor false. The various techniques taught by Child Elder, they are undoubtedly used to neutralize the life-death talisman, but how come Li QiuShui call it [Six Solar Palm Of Heavenly Mountain]? Child Elder want him to learn [Six Solar Palm Of Heavenly Mountain] to deal with Li QiuShui, but he firmly refuse to learn, could it be that the techniques used to neutralize the life-death talisman is precisely [Six Solar Palm Of Heavenly Mountain]?

Li QiuShui said sternly: "Aunty is asking you a question, how come you refuse to answer?" as she finish speaking she extend her hand to grab his shoulder. Xu Zhu is very proficient in countering the moves from Child Elder, moreover he countered the moves in darkness, when he heard the wind he immediately recognize the form, he react according to the situation, when Li QiuShui's finger is about to touch his shoulder, he immediately lowered his shoulder and slanted his body, he flip his hand and press down on the back of her hand. Li QiuShui immediately withdraw her hand, she praised: "Good! This move 'Great Heaven Sun Song', internal energy is deep and profound, the move is also well executed. Martial brother Wu YaZi impart his entire lifetime of martial arts to you, correct?" Xu Zhu said: "He...he impart all his internal energy to me."

He said Wu YaZi impart all his 'internal energy' (功力) to him, he did not say 'martial arts' (功夫), the two phrase only differ by a single word but the meaning is vastly different. But Li QiuShui is extremely agitated, naturally she won't distinguish the difference, she ask again: "Since my martial brother accept you as his disciple, how come you didn't address me as martial aunt?"

Xu Zhu persuade them: "Martial aunts, both of you are one family, why entangle in this deep hatred and struggle bitterly? Its all past matters, everyone should just let go and forget it."

Li QiuShui said: "Meng Lang, you are still young, you are not aware of the sinister intentions of that treacherous old woman, stand aside......"

She did not finish speaking, suddenly she yell out 'Ah', Child Elder suddenly dash out from behind Xu Zhu and made a sneak attack, she landed one palm on her. This palm is soundless and formless, the strength is purely yin and soft, the distance between them is close, there is a delay before Li QiuShui detect it, there is also a delay before she can react, Child Elder's palm is already in front of her chest, Li QiuShui hastily move her body to retreat but she is slower by one step, her breath is obstructed, evidently her meridians got injured. Child Elder laugh and said: "Martial sister, what do you think of this move from elder sister? Please give me some guidance." Li QiuShui quickly channel her internal energy to regulate her breathing, she don't dare to retort.

Child Elder succeeded in this sneak attack, she cannot let her recover, she jump on one leg and leap forward, her palm wind rushing as she launch her attack. Xu Zhu shouted: "Senior, don't do it!" he executed the palm technique taught by Child Elder and intercepted the three palm strikes directed at Li QiuShui. Child Elder is extremely angry, she cursed: "Little thief, you using what kind of martial arts against me?" As it turns out, Xu Zhu firmly refuse to learn [Six Solar Palm Of Heavenly Mountain], Child Elder is aware of the great catastrophe in the future, in order to gain a competent helper during the critical period, while teaching Xu Zhu how to neutralize life-death talisman she also impart [Six Solar Palm Of Heavenly Mountain] to him, furthermore she spent alot of time sparring with him, all the subtle and profound variations, all the ingenious and magnificent techniques, she emptied her pockets and taught everything to him. When she finally gain the upper hand, unexpectedly Xu Zhu suddenly switch side and help Li QiuShui! Xu Zhu said: "Senior, i advise you to take into account the relationship of being in the same sect, please be lenient." Child Elder curse in rage: "Get lost, quickly step aside!"

Li QiuShui gain Xu Zhu's assistance, she avoided Child Elder's rapid attack, her breathing is already regulated, she said: "Meng Lang, i am fine now, step aside." she launch her left palm and follow up with her right palm, the palm force in her left hand move around Xu Zhu and attack Child Elder. Child Elder is secretly alarmed: "Unexpectedly this **** mastered [White Rainbow Palm Force], her palm force can move left and right at will, truly formidable." She return the palm and clash head on.

Xu Zhu is stuck between them, he is aware that his martial art is limited, he cannot break up the fight and persuade them, he gave a long sigh and step aside.

Both of them dueled for a long time, strong wind assaulted his face, sharp as blade, Xu Zhu can't resist, he is about to retreat to the stone steps between the 1st and 2nd level, suddenly he heard a 'Pu' sound, Child Elder groan in pain, she was push by Li QiuShui and crash against a solid ice block. Xu Zhu shouted: "Stay your hand, stay your hand!" he rush forward and executed two moves from [Six Solar Palm Of Heavenly Mountain] to neutralize Li QiuShui's attack. Child Elder seize the opportunity and leap backwards, unexpectedly she cry out miserably and tumbled down from the stone steps, she roll downwards and stop moving at the stone steps between the 2nd and 3rd level.

Xu Zhu cry out in alarm: "Senior, senior, what happen to you?" he quickly rush towards her, he grope around and supported Child Elder's body. He felt her pair of hands are ice-cold, he check her breath, unexpectedly she stop breathing. Xu Zhu is panic stricken, he is really sad, he hug Child Elder tightly and call out: "Martial aunt, you....you....you killed martial great aunt, how can you be so heartless!" he cannot help but cry.

Li QiuShui said: "This person is very devious, my palm might not necessarily kill her!" Xu Zhu weep and said: "Still dare say she is not dead? She is not breathing, senior....martial great aunt, i already advise you not to hold a grudge...." Li QiuShui took out another fire-stick from her bosom, she ignite it, the stone step is sprinkled full of blood, the side of Child Elder's mouth and her chest is also full of blood.

To train [Eternal Youth Never Aging Skill] the practitioner have to drink blood everyday, however if the practitioner's energy move in reverse and the arteries burst, they will vomit blood, they only need to vomit one small cup of blood and they will stop breathing and die immediately, currently the blood on the stone step is at least a few big bowl. Li QiuShui is aware that her martial sister, whom she hate bitterly for over 10 years is finally dead, she is extremely happy, but she cannot help but feel lonely and mournful.

After a long time, she held the torch and slowly walk down the stone steps, she said darkly: "Martial sister, you are really dead? I am still not at ease." she stood 5 chi away from Child Elder, the torch emit a faint light, the light landed on Child Elder's face, her face is full of wrinkles, the wrinkles near her mouth is laced with blood, her expression extremely terrifying. Li QiuShui knew Child Elder train [Eternal Youth Never Aging Skill] for a long time, her internal energy is deep and profound, she can maintain her appearance and never age, only when the skill dissipate will her face reveal the elderly wrinkles. Li QiuShui is still not at ease, she said softly: "Martial sister, my entire life i experience too much suffering under your hands, don't try to fake death to trick me." She wave her left hand, she launch a palm at Child Elder's chest, there is a few 'KaLa KaLa' sound, a few of Child Elder's ribs broke.

Xu Zhu is furious, he shouted: "She already died by your hands, how can you injure her corpse?" he saw Li QiuShui launch her 2nd palm strike, at once he wave his palm to intercept. Li QiuShui look side-ways at him in disapproval, this 'Number one romantic of Central Plains' had big eyes and big nose, big ears and big mouth, wide forehead and dense eyebrows, appearance boorish, where is the handsome, natural and unrestrained youngster? She is startled for a while, she recognize him as the little monk who carried Child Elder and escape, she move her right hand and grab Xu Zhu's shoulder. Xu Zhu slanted his body to avoid, he said: "I don't want to fight you, i only advise you not to touch your martial sister's corpse."

Li QiuShui executed four moves in succession, Xu Zhu is very proficient in [Six Solar Palm Of Heavenly Mountain], unexpectedly he parried every single blow, while blocking his palm faintly contains deep strength that allows for counter-attack. Li QiuShui suddenly said: "Yi! Who is that person behind you?" Xu Zhu have little experience in fighting enemy, he was startled and turn his head back to look, suddenly he felt huge pain in his chest, his acupoint was sealed by Li QiuShui, immediately after the acupoints in both legs was sealed as well, his entire body numb and soft, he collapsed beside Child Elder, he is angry and startled, he shouted: "You are my senior, but you employ this kind of trick."

Li QiuShui laugh and said: "All is fair in war, today i teach you young chap a lesson." immediately after she pointed at him and laugh repeatedly, she said: "You...you...you ugly freak little monk, unexpectedly you dare call yourself 'Number one romantic of Central Plains'...."

Suddenly there is a 'Pa' sound, Li QiuShui cry out miserably, the 'ZhiYang' acupoint on her back was hit by a heavy palm, it was launch by Child Elder. Immediately after Child Elder violently punch out her left fist, it hit the middle of Li QiuShui's chest, the 'ShanZhong' vital acupoint. This one palm and one fist is right next to her skin, Li QiuShui have no time to resist, she can't slant her body to avoid, she don't even have time to gather energy to protect her acupoints, her body was shocked by the fist and flew up, landing on the stone steps, the torch in her hand dislodged and flew out.

Child Elder conserved her energy for a very long time, the power in her fist is abnormally fierce, the torch flew from the 3rd level to the 2nd level, it flew straight to the 1st level before it finally drop down. In an instant the 3rd level of the ice storehouse plunge into darkness again, Child Elder laugh coldly. Xu Zhu was shock yet happy, he shouted: "Senior, you are not dead? Good....very good!"

As it turns out, Child Elder failed at the final hurdle, she did not perfect her divine martial arts, moreover Li QiuShui broke off one of her leg at the snowy peak, she sustained great damage to her internal energy after the injury, thus during the life and death duel, when she fought over 200 moves, she knew she would lose for sure, after getting hit by Li QuiShui's palm her disadvantage became even more apparent, unfortunately Xu Zhu refuse to help either side, although he obstructed Li QiuShui and prevent her from dealing the finishing blow, but he also obstructed Child Elder and prevent her from succeeding in her schemes; Child Elder knew that if she carry on dueling she will suffer a wretched defeat, thus she clenched her teeth and forcibly endured a palm strike, she fake death. As for the blood on the stone steps and on her chest and mouth, they are deer blood prepared in advance, its purpose is to trick her enemy. Unexpectedly Li QiuShui is extremely vigilant, although Child Elder stop breathing she still launch a palm strike on her chest. Since she started it, Child Elder have to carry it through whatever happens, thus she had no choice but to forcibly endure another palm strike, if Xu Zhu did not stop Li QiuShui she will definitely launch a few more palm strikes and smash her 'corpse' into pulp, by then there is nothing she can do. Luckily Xu Zhu obstructed Li QiuShui out of his kind nature, moreover when Li QiuShui finally saw the true appearance of the 'Number one romantic of Central Plains', she was disappointed and yet found it funny, she drop her guard, although she is aware that Child Elder is very crafty and fierce but she did not think Child Elder can be so resolute in enduring the pain.

Li QiuShui's chest and back sustained heavy injuries, unexpectedly she lost control of her internal energy, its similar to a flood being left unchecked, its about to burst out of the dam and flow away. The martial arts of Carefree Sect is number one under the heaven, however if the practitioner lose control of internal energy, the energy would flow around and collide with each other, it can't drain out, the pain and suffering during this period is indescribable. In an instant, Li QiuShui felt all the acupoints in her body are numb and itchy, she is panic-stricken, she is aware that her injuries are incurable, she shouted: "Meng Lang, please do a good deed, quickly exert strength and smack your palm at my 'BaiHui' acupoint!"

At this moment light suddenly shine down on her face, her entire body is shivering, she stretch out her hand to take away the white veil covering her face, her fingers scratching her cheek, at once her face is full of blood scar, she shouted: "Meng Lang, you....quickly kill me with a single fist." Child Elder sneered: "You sealed his acupoints, but now you ask him to help you, hey hey, you reap what you sown, your retribution came really quick!" Li QiuShui prop herself and tried to stand up, she want to unseal Xu Zhu's acupoints, but her entire body is limp and painful, she can't even move her little finger.

Xu Zhu look at Li QiuShui, afterwards he look at Child Elder, evidently Child Elder's injuries are also extremely serious, she lean against the stone steps and groan, Xu Zhu vision is getting clearer and clearer, it seems the ice storehouse is gradually getting brighter, he incline his head and look towards the source of light, there is a huge ball of fire at the 1st level of the ice storehouse, he shouted: "Ayo! Someone is coming!"

Child Elder was startled, she pondered: "Someone is coming, in the end i still fell under this ****'s hands." she forcibly draw a breath, she wanted to stand up, but no matter what she can't stand at all, her legs soften, with a 'Gudong' sound she fell down. Child Elder exert strength in her pair of hands, she slowly crawl towards Li QiuShui, before her soldiers arrive to save her she want to strangle her to death.

Suddenly she heard faint dripping sound of water, its seems water is dripping down from the stone steps. Li QiuShui and Xu Zhu also heard the sound of dripping water, they turn their head at the same time and look, indeed water is dripping down the stone steps. The three of them are baffled: "Where did this water come from?"

TBC........

Thanks for the update.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

I bet the torch set the place on fire and now everything is melting.

Thanks d4rksinz.Great update.

Thanks d4rksinz

Gotta love Child Elder! Who else can train the obstinate Xu Zhu to be the Carefree Sect successor besides her? Despite Child Elder's vicious and ruthless ways, I admire her brilliant, resourceful, but devious methods. Not deterred by failure, she still manages to effectively reverse Xu Zhu's beliefs, from a guy who seeks death rather than commit sins. To compensate for her handicap (missing leg), she devises ingenious attack plans to combat her powerful opponent. Definitely one of my more memorable characters!

Thanks d4rksinz. The fight was really exciting.