Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

It took me half an hour with the help of a thick dictionary to decipher those poems. I am not fully sure I got them right though; I did pieces of guesswork here and there....

Now for my last translation segment this week.

P.S. With luck, I can complete this chapter by the end of January. Seems tough, 'cause I don't seem to have reached three-quarters of the chapter yet. Yes, I know, I am horribly slow. So it's best if I don't give false hopes....

Transferred to Chapter 5: Subtle Steps and Hanging Threads
    Last edited by Pacifian; 01-26-07 at 09:36 AM.

Just read through the entire thread, thanks for translation Pacifian really great stuff. =)
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Last edited by Pacifian; 01-26-07 at 09:40 AM.

thanx for the translation

i liked it very much pls do continue

Thanx for the translation.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited by Pacifian; 01-26-07 at 09:42 AM.

Very funny ,a man running without his pants and the internal energies of the four people entering Duan Yu .

I just have a question when u take internal energy from other people is there a specific method or u can touch any part of his body or vice versa and the energy flow starts .

Thanks Pacifian ,I was wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Yang Chong
    I just have a question when u take internal energy from other people is there a specific method or u can touch any part of his body or vice versa and the energy flow starts .
    To my knowledge, the 'Mystic Skill of Northern Darkness' works this way: Duan Yu can only utilise this skill only when his 'Less Merchant' acupoint is in contact with his victims' more vital acupoints. However, he can equally absorb energies that is forcibly given to him (preferably along his Ren Meridians) even if his 'Less Merchant' acupoint isn't touching them. This is because his 'Ocean of Energies' can somewhat store any energy that enters this route.

Thanx for the explanation .

Eagerly waiting for the next translation .

Last edited by Pacifian; 01-26-07 at 09:42 AM.

Great ! Thanks a lot .

I might use the "eagerly waiting" often now .

This was even more fun then the last one . Pls send some more men in there so Duan Yu can have the next day's dinner too .

Last edited by Pacifian; 01-26-07 at 09:43 AM.

Last edited by Pacifian; 01-26-07 at 09:44 AM.

Two possiblities:

1. Duan Yu don't believe in wearing underwear.

2. It is simply just an exaggeration of Duan Yu's imagination, the same way as "the wide open mouth". For he could not have possibly know how he looked in the moment of death without a mirror.

Please noted that all these are just from reading your translation. The orginal text is sadly almost beyond me :rolleyes

Default The Derriere of Duan

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifian
    Chinese experts who happen to be reading this, come and help me decipher this portion if you can.
    You translated it fine.

Duan Yu's exposed bottom is a running joke from Chapter 3 to Chapter 6 of 'Tian Long Ba Bu'. It refers to the incident in Chapter 3 when Mu Wanqing dragged him along behind her horse, which tore up his clothing. About halfway through that chapter, DY manages to escape from her, and then sits down at an inn for some food: "There were a few big holes in the seat of his pants. As his buttocks pressed against the surface of the bench, he felt a chill." Immediately after this, Jinyong drops one of the first hints about DY's background: "His life had been all splendid clothes and pristine food; today, he was bare-bottomed and eating coarse victuals..."

Quote Originally Posted by owbjhx
    You translated it fine.

Duan Yu's exposed bottom is a running joke from Chapter 3 to Chapter 6 of 'Tian Long Ba Bu'. It refers to the incident in Chapter 3 when Mu Wanqing dragged him along behind her horse, which tore up his clothing. About halfway through that chapter, DY manages to escape from her, and then sits down at an inn for some food: "There were a few big holes in the seat of his pants. As his buttocks pressed against the surface of the bench, he felt a chill." Immediately after this, Jinyong drops one of the first hints about DY's background: "His life had been all splendid clothes and pristine food; today, he was bare-bottomed and eating coarse victuals..."
    owbjhx! Always providing insightful answers!

This time, however, I am not 100% convinced. Nothing to do with you, of course; it sounds very logical and reasonable. But I have never seen such a literary device employed before. It doesn't look like a figurative language to me, not when he was doing a somewhat serious hypothesis and something he know wasn't true he thinks it's there. But then again, Duan Yu loves thinking randomly and illogically. So much for his scholarly brain.

Don't mind me; I am never good at analysing such intricate patterns and links in profound (at least for me) literature.

Last edited by Pacifian; 01-26-07 at 09:44 AM.

Thank You Pacifian .

I feel sorry for the poor marten. I liked him. Even after he bit Duan Yu.

Thanks for your work Pacifician. I am sure that like me many others regularly check up on this thread to see if you've translated some more.

Smile

Thanks very much Pacifian for your generosity in translating this for all of us. I look forward to your new posts every day!