Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1522

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

In order to treat Cave-masters of 36 Cave and Island-masters of 72 Island from their 'life death talisman', Xu Zhu had to train his [Six Solar Palms Of Heavenly Mountain] to very high level, he already mastered and understood all different kinds of profound variations in the palm moves, moreover the drawings on the stone wall in Vulture Palace had made him comprehend the wonders of [Six Solar Palms Of Heavenly Mountain]. However he never use [Six Solar Palms Of Heavenly Mountain] to fight with others before, he lacked practice, in his 1st fight he had to engage in a life-death battle with one of the very best martial art expert of the current age, although his palm technique is at an extremely high level, his internal energy strong, but he only manage to produce 20-30% of the palm's true potential.

Jiumozhi's palm force converge and gradually became sharp, Xu Zhu concentrate on the battle, however he only seek to defend himself, every single move is defensive. He held onto his opponent's wrist tightly, it is not because he want to seize his opponent, but because Jiumozhi far surpass him in martial arts, just a single palm from him is already so difficult to deal with, he will definitely die on the spot if Jiumozhi had free use of both palms. Xu Zhu lacked knowledge and experience, he did not detect the major deficiency in Jiumozhi's 'Chong meridian', he would achieve victory long ago had he focus his counterattacks on Jiumozhi's weak point, he only relied on his silly method and desperately held onto Jiumozhi's left wrist to prevent him from executing any moves.

Jiumozhi's left hand was captured, he cannot execute all the wonderful variations and mutual chain attacks of twin palms. Xu Zhu is not very proficient in his palm technique, it is easier for him to use single palm rather than both palm. Jiumozhi had his potential cut in half, his palm technique is left with only 50%, as for Xu Zhu his 20-30% of palm's potential gradually became 40-50%. After the time taken to burn a joss stick, both of them already exchange several hundred moves, however they are still deadlock in stalemate.

XuanCi, XuanDu, ShenShan, GuanXin, DaoQing, etc, various eminent monks, they already saw how Jiumozhi's wrist is being controlled and he cannot struggle free, however Xu Zhu's left palm is completely at a disadvantage, he can only block, he had not strength to retaliate at all. Although the eminent monks are experienced and knowledgeable, but they have never seen this kind of fighting method before. In addition, the crowd of Shaolin monks are startled and anxious, Xu Zhu grew up in the temple since childhood, he left the temple for only half a year but somehow he manage to learn an astonishing set of skills when he return, they saw how he manage to grab his opponent's wrist but unable to subdue him, nevertheless every single one of Jiumozhi's palm moves contain a formidable power that is able to break bones or tendon and destroy inner energy pathway, he only need to land one hit and his opponent will surely die immediately.

Both of them exchange another hundred moves, Xu Zhu's initial fear gradually dissipate, slowly he start to comprehend the intricacies of [Six Solar Palms Of Heavenly Mountain], 9 out of 10 moves are defensive but he is finally able to counterattack with 1 move. For every counterattack move Xu Zhu execute, Jiumozhi must make a move to resist, thus there will inevitably be pauses in Jiumozhi's offensive moves. Although the pause is slight, but as time goes on it gradually become favourable for Xu Zhu. After the time taken to eat a meal, Xu Zhu is able to counterattack 2-3 moves out of 10. The crowd of Shaolin monks saw him gradually move away from mortal danger, they cannot help but be secretly happy.

At this moment Xu Zhu is able to reach 40% offensive moves, although he still had to defend more than attack but his internal energy is able emerge and display its true potential, he automatically start to execute the various fierce and vicious moves of Carefree Sect. For Buddhist's martial arts, its intention is to subdue an opponent not kill, it is completely different from the martial arts of Child Elder and Li QiuShui. XuanCi and the eminent monks saw that although Xu Zhu's moves are reserved and mild, but his moves gradually became vicious and sharp, they cannot help but purse their brows.

Jiumozhi channelled his energy and made 3 powerful attempts, he want to shake off Xu Zhu's right hand so that he can execute his consummate [Blazing Sabre Skill], although he increase his power but his opponent's finger force also increase accordingly, in a moment of desperation his murderous intentions burst forth and flourish abruptly, with a rushing wind he smack his palms 3 times, Xu Zhu wave his palm to neutralize. Jiumozhi pull back his palm and bent his waist, he draw out a dagger from his sock and thrust it towards Xu Zhu's shoulder.

Xu Zhu only learn how to counter unarmed combat, suddenly he saw flashes of white light, the dagger arrive and he had no idea how to ward it off, he scrambled and made a grab for Jiumozhi's right wrist. The grabbing manoeuvre is a capturing/seizing technique from [Plum Breaking Hands Of Heavenly Mountain], it is fast and accurate, once his three fingers landed on Jiumozhi's wrist his thumb and little finger clamp down immediately. At this moment, the force in Jiumozhi's palm is directed outwards, the dagger move away from his hand and shoot out. Xu Zhu's hands held on firmly to his opponent's wrist, with a 'Pu' sound the dagger plunge into his shoulder up till the handle.

The spectating monks all cried out in alarm. ShenShan, GuanXin, etc, all of them cannot help but shake their heads repeatedly, they had the same thoughts: "Base on Jiumozhi's rank and status, his reputation is already in tatters as he can't even match up to a young monk from Shaolin, unexpectedly he still made a sneak attack with bladed weapon, his behaviour is simply unacceptable."

Suddenly four monks rush out from the crowd, green light flickered, four long swords thrust straight at Jiumozhi's throat simultaneously. These four monks jump out and launch their attacks at the same time, they target the exact same position, their sword art strangely quick and incomparably vicious. Jiumozhi channelled his internal energy into his legs, he wanted to leap backwards, unexpectedly under his pull Xu Zhu did not move the slightest bit, however he felt stinging pain in his throat, the tip of the four swords already touch his skin. The four monks shout simultaneously: "Shameless thing, quickly surrender!" their voices tender and delicate, unexpectedly it is the voice of females.

Xu Zhu turn his head and look, unexpectedly these four monks are Plum, Orchid, Bamboo and Chrysanthemum Sword, they wore monk cap to cover up their fine black hair, their clothes Shaolin monk robes. Xu Zhu was stunned, he shouted: "Don't take his life!" The four Swords reply in unison: "Yes!" however the tip of their swords never left Jiumozhi's throat.

Jiumozhi laugh and said: "Shaolin Temple not only rely on numbers to achieve victory, but also hide young maidens, your honourable reputation for several hundred year is merely so so, i finally experience it!"

Xu Zhu was panic-stricken, he did not know what to do, at once he release Jiumozhi's wrist. Chrysanthemum Sword pull out the dagger from his shoulder, blood gush forth immediately. Chrysanthemum Sword hurriedly cast aside her sword and took out a handkerchief from her bosom, she bind his wound. As for Plum, Orchid and Bamboo Sword, their long sword is still pointing at Jiumozhi's throat. Xu Zhu inquired: "You...you, how did you come here?"

Jiumozhi wave his palm horizontally and execute his divine [Blazing Sabre Skill], 'Dang Dang Dang', three long swords broke off. The three sisters are greatly alarmed, they float backwards for several zhang and look at their hands, only half of their swords are left. Jiumozhi look up to the sky and laugh, he said to XuanCi: "Great master abbot, what have you to say?"

XuanCi's expression is ashen, he said: "Old monk is truly unaware of the intermediate reasons, i will investigate and punishment will be meted according to Shaolin's regulations. Grand Tutor and senior martial brothers from afar have come from a distant place, i invite you to rest in the guest house and have some vegetarian meal."

Jiumozhi said: "Then i have to trouble you." he put his palms together and bow, XuanCi return the courtesy.

Jiumozhi separate his palms and direct it at both sides, he secretly channelled his divine [Blazing Sabre Skill]. 'Pu Pu Pu Pu', Plum, Orchid, Bamboo and Chrysanthemum Sword all cry out in surprise, their monk cap fell down, revealing their beautiful hairs, several hundred strands of hair float down along with the caps.

Jiumozhi purposely displayed his skill to show off, he cut off some hair but did not injure anyone, his intention is to show that he is merciful, at the same time he also showed the crowd that these four sisters are non-secular women, they are not Buddhist nun, thus Shaolin cannot deny it.

XuanCi's complexion turn even more grave, he said: "Senior martial brothers from afar, please help yourself!"

ShenShan, GuanXin, DaoQing, RongZhi, etc, they saw how Shaolin had women disguised as monks, all of them are greatly astonished. As they heard XuanCi's words, all of them stood up. The monks led them to their respective guesthouse.

Once the foreign guests exit the main hall, Plum Sword said: "Owner, we left the mountain secretly and came here to serve you, please don't blame us." Orchid Sword said: "Monk YuanGen was rude to owner, thus we beat him up several times before he finally realize what is good for him, alas, unexpectedly this foreign monk manage to injure owner."

Xu Zhu grunted 'Oh', he finally understood, YuanGen was initially rude but became respectful later, as it turns out he was coerce by these four sisters, it seem the sisters had remained in the temple for quite some time, disguised as monks and hiding within the temple, he cannot help but stamped his feet and said: "Preposterous, preposterous!" he immediately knelt down in front of the statue of Rulai and said: "Disciple commit grave sins in his pre-life, i failed to maintain clear monastic discipline in this life, thus i attract countless trouble and disaster for the temple, i respectfully invite abbot to punish me heavily."

Chrysanthemum Sword said: "Owner please don't continue being a hateful Buddhist monk anymore, why don't we return to Misty Peak, there is only green vegetables and tofu here not the slightest bit of lard, what's more you have to be under someone else control, what is so good about it?" Bamboo Sword point at XuanCi and said: "Old monk, if your speech is offensive to our owner, then we four sisters will have to be impolite as well, you better be careful."

Xu Zhu shout repeatedly to stop her: "Don't be rude, how can you act wilfully and make a scene in the temple? Quickly shut your mouth."

However the sisters kept on rambling one after another, they do not have any regards for XuanCi or the senior monks. The crowd of Shaolin monks were overwhelmed with shock, the four sisters are completely identical in appearance, they are elegant and beautiful, simple-minded and vivacious, they simply had no regards for law and order, no one knows where they come from.

As it turns out the four sisters are daughters from a poor household living at the base of a snow mountain, their mother had already given birth to seven daughters, they really cannot afford to bring up another quadruplets, thus they were abandon outside the snow ground after being born, it so happens that Child Elder was gathering medicine at the snow mountain, she heard their crying and saw four identical female babies, she found it amusing and brought them back to Vulture Palace where they were raised and taught martial arts. These four sister never left Misty Peak before, what would they know about the ways of the world and of generation hierarchy? Throughout their life they only listen to orders from Child Elder. When Xu Zhu became the new owner of Vulture Palace they simply serve him, their loyalty unswerving. Xu Zhu is humble and modest, he cannot be compared with the powerful presence exuded by Child Elder, thus the sisters are not particularly afraid of him, they only know they should be loyal and devoted, they are unaware of the ramification of their wilful and rash actions.

XuanCi said: "Other than fellow apprentices from the Xuan generation, the rest return back to your rooms. HuiLun stay here." the crowd replied in unison, the walk out in a line according to their generation. In a short period of time only 30 Xuan generation monks remain in the Hall of Great Strength as well as HuiLun, Xu Zhu and the four sisters.

HuiLun also knelt down in front of the statue of Buddha and said: "Disciple did not teach properly, i produce such sinful apprentice, abbot please punish me severely."

Bamboo Sword giggled and said: "Baldy with your negligible level of martial arts, you think you are fit to be our owner's master? The day before yesterday in the pine forest, the masked person who made you stumble eight times, that person is my 2nd elder sister. In my opinion, your martial art is simply too sloppy." Xu Zhu groaned inwardly: "Terrible, terrible! They even make fun of my master." he heard Orchid Sword laugh and said: "I heard from YuanGen you are our owner's master, thus i tested you. If 3rd sister did not speak of it i am afraid you will never know how you tumble 8 times in succession, haha, hehe, interesting, interesting!"

XuanCi said: "Junior martial brother XuanCan, XuanKui, XuanNian and XuanJing, please don't let these four female shizhu talk nonsense or act rashly."

Four monks bow and said: "Yes!" they turn around and said to the four sisters: "Abbot's orders, shizhu please do not talk nonsense or act rashly!"

Plum Sword laugh and said: "Unfortunately we insist on talking nonsense and acting rashly, what can you do?" the four monks said in unison: "In that case then pardon our offense!" their monk robes fluttered slightly, their pair of hands seize the four sister's wrist. XuanCan employed [Dragon Claw Skill], XuanKui employed [Tiger Claw Hand], XuanNian employed [Eagle Claw Skill], XuanJing employed [18 Capturing Strike Of Shaolin], their stance and moves different, but all of them exquisite martial arts of Shaolin. Other than Chrysanthemum Sword, the other three sisters had their long sword broken by Jiumozhi. Chrysanthemum Sword's long sword trembled and protected her three sisters. Plum, Orchid and Bamboo Sword wave their broken sword, they launch their attacks under the sword ray of Chysanthemum Sword's sword.

Xu Zhu shouted out: "Cast your sword away, cast your sword away! You must not fight!"

The four sisters heard their Owner shouting out, they are startled, they don't dare to wave their weapons with full strength. The martial arts of these four sisters are already way inferior to senior monks from Xuan generation, the decisive opportunity was lost and the four sisters got captured immediately. Plum Sword struggled furiously but she can't shake her captor off, she said angrily: "We listen to our Owner, we are polite to you, ouch, its so painful, why are you pinching so hard?" Orchid Sword shout out: "Little thieving baldy, release me quickly." her captor is Master XuanKui, his eyebrow white, he is already 70 years old, however she still address him as "little thieving baldy". Bamboo Sword said: "If you still don't release me i will curse your wife." Chrysanthemum Sword said: "I will spit saliva." a mouthful of saliva spurt towards XuanJing. XuanJing inclined his head to avoid, he increased the pressure in his finger, Chrysanthemum Sword was in so much pain that she cry out loud. The Hall of Great Strength was originally a solemn Buddhist ground, in a split second it became a place where little girls weep and scream aloud.

XuanCi said: "Shizhu please remain silent, martial brothers please seal their mute acupoint if they make any sound." when the four sisters heard their mute acupoint will be sealed they did not find it amusing, they don't dare to speak anymore. Thus, XuanCan and the other monks release their wrist.

XuanCi said: "Xu Zhu, tell us the entire matter from the start till end, you must not cover up anything."

Xu Zhu said: "Yes. Disciple sincerely report." thus he narrated how he went down the mountain to dispatch invitation cards, how he met XuanNan and HuiFang, how he accidentally solved the 'ZhenLong Chess Formation' and became the leader of Carefree Sect, how XuanNan was poisoned to death by Ding ChunQiu, how AhZi tricked him into violating his religious precepts, how he met Child Elder of Heavenly Mountain, how he penetrate deep into the ice cellar of Western Xia, how he became the owner of Vulture Palace, he narrated everything one by one. The course of events complicated, he is not very articulate, he stammered and took ages to narrate. Although he is long winded, but he narrated everything and did not hide or cover up, he even spoke of the lascivious acts he commit with his 'Dream Maiden' in the ice cellar.

The senior monks became increasingly amazed, Xu Zhu's strange encounter is truly unprecedented in the martial arts fraternity. Moments ago the crowd of monks had seen Xu Zhu's skill in the dramatic fight with Jiumozhi, they did not have any doubts about his narration, they pondered: "If he did not possess the divine internal energy of the top three experts of Carefree Sect and comprehend the first-class martial arts on the stone wall of Vulture Palace, then how can he withstand the peerless divine skills of Grand Tutor of Tubo?"

When Xu Zhu finish speaking, he prostrate himself before the statue of Buddha, he bow to the ground and said: "Disciple is hindered by heavy delusion, i cannot get rid of them, i became indecisive when i encounter external demon, i broke the precepts against meat, wine, murder and lascivious acts, i renounce my own sect and learnt heretic martial arts, i also led four females into the temple, i tarnish the clean reputation of Shaolin, it is really a great crime, Buddha please have mercy, abbot please have mercy." he became increasingly sad as he thought about it, he cannot help but cry out bitterly.

Plum Sword and Chrysanthemum Sword snorted at the same time, they want to speak so as to persuade him, he don't need to be a Buddhist monk. XuanCan and XuanJing immediately extended their hands and hook onto the meridians of these two sisters. The sisters had no choice, they are about to speak out but had to swallow their words, they glare ferociously at the two old monks and curse secretly: "Damn monks, stinky baldy!"

XuanCi muttered to himself for a long time, he said: "Martial brothers, Xu Zhu's encounter is simply too strange, this matter concern the clear reputation of Shaolin which has lasted several hundred years, it is inconvenient for me to make the decision alone, i invite everyone to discuss together."

XuanSheng said loudly: "Reporting to abbot, although Xu Zhu made a huge mistake, but his meritorious service is also not small. If he did not subdue that foreign monk during that critical juncture, will our temple still be able to maintain its standings in the martial arts fraternity? That foreign monk ask us to break up, join Refreshing Temple, Pudu Temple, etc, or even Tubo's Lama Temple. This great shame and humiliation, Xu Zhu alone saved us from the predicament. It seems our temple is fated to undergo this calamity due to numerous virtuous deeds, our fortune and karma is deep and profound, thus Xu Zhu experience such strange encounter which allow our temple to avoid this calamity. In my opinion, we should order him to repent and reflect so as to eliminate his sins, afterwards let him study martial arts intensively at Damo Courtyard, hereafter he cannot leave the temple anymore or get involved in any foreign affairs." It is an extreme honour for a monk to enter Damo Courtyard to study martial arts intensively, the monk must possess extremely high level of martial arts in order to gain entry. Of the 20 monks in the Xuan generation, only 11-12 get to enter Damo Courtyard, even for XuanSheng himself, he did not get to enter Damo Courtyard. He proposed to allow Xu Zhu to enter Damo Courtyard, it is not punishment at all, on the contrary it is a great reward.

The head-monk of Damo Courtyard was originally XuanNan, now it is taken over by XuanYin, XuanYin hesitate to make a decision, he did not know what to say.

XuanJi, the head-monk of Discipline Courtyard said: "Base on his martial arts achievement he is qualified to enter Damo Courtyard. However his martial art is heretic and unorthodox, how can such martial art expert be allowed to stay in Damo Courtyard? Junior martial brother XuanSheng, did you consider this before?"

Once he said it, the group of monks all felt that XuanSheng's suggestion is inappropriate. XuanSheng said: "Base on senior martial brother's opinion, what should we do?"

XuanJi said: "Hm, i really don't have any firm ideas. Xu Zhu did render meritorious service but he also made mistakes, he should be rewarded for his merits and punished for his mistakes. Xu Zhu did not incite these four ladies to enter our temple disguised as monks, we should be frank and explain the truth to Jiumozhi and ShenShan. It will be good if they believe us, it doesn't matter if they don't, we have clear conscience, no need to pay attention to other people's absurd conjecture, this is nothing difficult. However Xu Zhu broke precepts repeatedly, he abandon our school and learn unorthodox martial arts, i am afraid he cannot be allowed to stay in Shaolin anymore." unexpectedly XuanJi wants to expel Xu Zhu out of Shaolin. The most heavy punishment in Buddhism is to expel someone out of the sect. The group of monks are all dumbstruck by his words.

XuanJi continued: "Xu Zhu relied on his martial arts and violated several monastic disciplines, originally we should cripple his martial arts before expelling him. However someone else already nullified his former skills. The martial arts he carry now is not from our school, thus we have no rights to cripple them."

With tears rolling down his eyes, Xu Zhu said: "Abbot, martial grandfathers, please have mercy for the sake of Buddha, give disciple a chance to turn over a new leaf, no matter what kind of punishment, disciple is willing to accept, just don't expel me from the temple." he is sobbing, he is extremely sincere.

The group of monks look at each other, they really can't make a decision, listening to Xu Zhu's plead it seems he is truly repentant and sincere, there is a saying "lay down butcher's knife and become a Buddha" and "the sea of bitterness has no bonds, turn your head to see the shore", Buddhism is widespread and save all living things, even for extremely vicious and evil person, Buddhist have to try all possible means to enlighten him, let alone a disciple from their own temple who wants to get back on the right path, how can they deny him the path to virtue? Shaolin temple is rooted in Zen Buddhism, the emphasis has always been on "enlightenment", the courage to take responsibility for mistakes. If not due to the presence of outsiders, seeing his sincerity the monks would definitely not resort to expelling him from Shaolin. However this matter had already been witness by Great Wheel Temple of Tubo, Refreshing Temple, Pudu Temple as well as all the senior monks, if they are not strict in punishing Xu Zhu outsiders will undoubtedly accuse Shaolin of covering up and protecting its own faction, disregarding right from wrong and monastic discipline, only favouring martial arts. If this kind of gossips spread out it will ultimately destroy the clear reputation of Shaolin.

At this moment, an old monk stroll out from the rear hall aided by two junior disciple, the monk is XuanDu. He was injured by Jiumozhi's finger strength and rested in his room, however he is concerned about the outcome of the duel in the main hall, thus he dispatch his disciple to give him constant reports, he heard that Jiumozhi was defeated and forced to retreat, a group of monks interrogating Xu Zhu with the intention to punish him, thus he endured his injuries and went to the Hall of Great Strength, he said: "Abbot, Xu Zhu save my life. I have something to say, i don't know if i should say it."

XuanDu is much older compared to the other monks, he is highly respected in the temple for his moral character. Abbot XuanCi said quickly: "Senior martial brother please take a seat, speak slowly, don't aggravate your injuries."

XuanDu said: "Saving my life, its nothing much. However we have six important matters which we have yet to settle, there is much benefit if we keep Xu Zhu in the temple, if we expel him from the temple, then...then....then it is difficult."

XuanJi said: "Senior martial brother mention about six important matters, the first must be referring to Jiumozhi who has yet to retreat; the second matter must be ShenShan criticizing our temple for indulging disciple Qiao Feng and letting him commit evil; the third matter must be the newly-appointed chief of Beggar Clan Zhuang JuXian's lust for the position of chief of martial arts fraternity. As for the other three matters, can senior martial brother point it out?"

XuanDu gave a long sigh and said: "XuanBei, XuanKu, XuanTong and XuanNan, the lives of our four martial brothers." when he mentioned these four monks, the crowd put their palms together and chanted simultaneously: "Buddha is merciful!"

Initially the crowd of monks assumed XuanKu was killed by Qiao Feng, soon after they dispatch experts to investigate, they cleared their suspicion of Qiao Feng but as for the true killer they still did not have any ideas; XuanTong and XuanNan are killed by Ding ChunQiu, they have yet to avenge this animosity; as for the murder of Master XuanBei, they still did not have any clue. Everyone knew XuanBei died due to [Great Skanda Pestle], [Great Skanda Pestle] is one of the 72 supreme consummate skills of Shaolin, it is precisely the skill XuanBei had trained bitterly for over 10 years. Previously they assumed it was Gusu Murong family employing "returning you with your own move", but afterwards HuiFang and HuiJing narrated their acquaintance with Deng BaiChuan and GongYe Gan, all of them felt that the subordinates of Gusu Murong are not wicked and crafty people, moreover they join hands with Shaolin to deal with Ding ChunQiu, it can be said that they shared a common enemy. In addition, everyone witness Jiumozhi's skills moments ago, since he can execute many different Shaolin's supreme consummate skill, then it is highly probable that he dealt the [Great Skanda Pestle] blow which killed XuanBei, nevertheless it would not be strange even if the killer ends up to be someone else. The four eminent monks died by the hands of three extremely strong opponents, thus XuanDu classified it as three important matters.

XuanCi said: "I am the abbot of this temple but with regards to these six important matters, i cannot even handle one of them properly, i really blush with shame. However the martial arts of Xu Zhu originated entirely from Carefree Sect, don't tell me....don't tell me the major events happening to the temple...."

As he said this, he found it difficult to continue, however the crowd of monks understood his meaning: "Although Xu Zhu possess high martial arts, but it is unorthodox skills of other sect, even if he can resolve the six important matters but other people will accuse Shaolin for relying on others to get things done, relying on the martial arts of Carefree Sect for support, this will inevitably shame the status of Shaolin; even if everyone cover it up properly and not let outsiders know, but how can these eminent monks deceive others and themselves?

They deliberated for a long time, Xuan Du said: "Base on abbot's opinion, what should we do?"

XuanCi said: "Emitoufo! I inherited the mantle pass down by our ancestors, today we meet with such enormous crisis, in my opinion we should deal with it forthrightly, preferring to let the jade break rather than pretend the tile is complete. As long as we do our utmost, if Shaolin's reputation is preserved then it is due to the mercy of Buddha, the blessings of our ancestors; If evil prevails, then we fellow apprentices will protect this temple with our lives, be buried together with the temple with no regrets and with a clear conscience, we will not violate the principles of our school. For the past several hundred years Shaolin brought happiness to the land under heaven, our karma is deep and profound, we will just suffer setbacks for a while, definitely won't be wipe out completely." he spoke these words plainly and calmly, however he exudes an awe-inspiring presence.

The crowd of monks bow simultaneously and said: "We sincerely obey abbot's wise opinion."

XuanCi turn towards XuanJi and said: "Junior martial brother, please enforce the monastic discipline of our tempe." XuanJi said: "Yes!" he turn his head and said to the monks in-charge of attending to guest: "Invite Grand Tutor of Tubo and other senior monks" the monks in-charge of attending to guest bow in response and went off separately.

XuanDu, XuanSheng, etc, they sigh inwardly, although they have the intention to protect Xu Zhu but the speech by abbot focus on righteousness, they cannot abuse their power and destroy the clear reputation of Shaolin. Everyone knew the facts, if they pardon Xu Zhu's offense they will achieve victory yet defeat at the same time, however if they act impartially and enforce the law, then they will suffer defeat but preserve their honour. The abbot already said "to protect the temple with their lives, be buried together with the temple", thus he already cut off their means of retreat, how Xu Zhu would be punished is not of particular importance now.

Xu Zhu knew the matter is difficult to save by now, his weeping and pleading are all in vain, he pondered: "Everyone regard the reputation of the temple as the utmost important, i reap what i have sown, i definitely cannot cower and beg for pity as this will make others look down upon Shaolin's monks."

TBC.......

thx darksin

woot - another chapter!

TQ.......................

Thanks d4rksinz.

Being the disciple of WYZ and Child Elder, isn't XZ becomes in the same generation with the Xuan Shaolin Elders?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayariyin View Post
    Thanks d4rksinz.

Being the disciple of WYZ and Child Elder, isn't XZ becomes in the same generation with the Xuan Shaolin Elders?
    Probably higher - can't recall just how high - there was a section where the child elder talks about the shaolin generations and how the elder is much older...

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    Probably higher - can't recall just how high - there was a section where the child elder talks about the shaolin generations and how the elder is much older...
    Child Elder is the same generation as LingMen (XuanCi's master). Being the disciple of Child Elder, Xu Zhu is the same generation as Xuan monks.

Quote Originally Posted by d4rksinz View Post
    Child Elder is the same generation as LingMen (XuanCi's master). Being the disciple of Child Elder, Xu Zhu is the same generation as Xuan monks.
    yup - finally found the place:

The little girl ask: “What is your name?” Xu Zhu said: “Junior monk religious name is Xu Zhu.” The little girl said: “Your religious name is Xu Zhu, en, Ling, Xuan, Hui, Xu, you are the 37th generation disciple. XuanCi, XuanBei, XuanKu, XuanNan, XuanTong, all these little monk, they are your martial grandfather correct?”

Xu Zhu retreat 1 step, he is amazed, unexpectedly this 8-9 year old girl knows his teacher and his generation, she even address XuanCi, XuanBei, etc, as ‘little monk’, but her style of speech is not like a little girl.” Suddenly he recalled: “Its rumoured that the soul can reincarnate into someone else body...don’t tell me....don’t tell me some old senior ghost reside in the body of this little girl?”

The little girl said: “Correct or wrong, just reply, how come you didn’t respond?” Xu Zhu said: “You are correct, but you call our abbot a ‘little monk’, its really too much.” The little girl said: “How come he is not a little monk? I am same generation with his Master LingMen, how come XuanCi is not a little monk? What too much or too little?” Xu Zhu is even more startled, the Master of abbot XuanCi, Master LingMen, is an outstanding disciple from the 34th generation. Xu Zhu believe that a soul reincarnated into this little girl’s body, he said: “Then....then...who are you?

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    yup - finally found the place:

The little girl ask: “What is your name?” Xu Zhu said: “Junior monk religious name is Xu Zhu.” The little girl said: “Your religious name is Xu Zhu, en, Ling, Xuan, Hui, Xu, you are the 37th generation disciple. XuanCi, XuanBei, XuanKu, XuanNan, XuanTong, all these little monk, they are your martial grandfather correct?”
    Is it just coincidence or the five Xuan monks mentioned by Child Elder are the top five best monks of the Xuan generation, that's why those names she easily remembers? It so happened that the latter four Xuan monks she mentioned died just before Child Elder met XZ.

Thanks d4rksinz

Soon after, Jiumozhi, ShengShan, GuanXin and the rest of the visiting monks arrive at the main hall. The bell sounded, the Hui generation, Xu generation and Kong generation monks all lined-up in formation and entered the hall, they stood at both side of the hall.

XuanCi put his palms together and said: "Grand Tutor of Tubo and fellow apprentices, Xu Zhu from the Xu generation committed murder, lascivious acts, ate non-vegetarian food, drank wine, four great disciplines, he learnt unorthodox martial arts privately and became the leader of unorthodox sect without asking for permission. Head-monk of Shaolin's Discipline Courtyard, XuanJi, please enforce the law and administer punishment accordingly, there can be no excuse."

When Jiumozhi and ShenShan heard it they had a shock as it was beyond their expectation, they only saw Plum, Orchid, Bamboo and Chrysanthemum Sword disguised as monks, thus they assume Xu Zhu is simply brazen and harboured maidens in the temple, he commit lascivious acts only, they never expect the abbot to openly declare Xu Zhu's excessive crimes.

Master DaoQing from Pudu Temple became a monk from middle age, he had wide understanding of the ways of the world, his temperament kind and benevolent, he is fond of helping others, he said: "Martial brother abbot, these four ladies have straight waist and curved brow, slender neck with straight back, obviously they are virgin, moments ago they attacked Grand Tutor, their sword art is pure and chaste, as martial art practitioners we can deduce it immediately. Little apprentice Xu Zhu did not restrain himself in his conduct, perhaps there maybe some truth to it, however accusing him of " lascivious acts" maybe too absurd."

XuanCi said: "Many thanks to martial brother for pointing it out. Xu Zhu's lascivious acts did not involve these four ladies. Xu Zhu join other sect, he became the owner of Heavenly Mountain's Misty Peak Vulture Palace, these four ladies are maid servants of the former owner of Vulture Palace, they enter our temple secretly, their intention is to serve their new owner, Xu Zhu did not have prior knowledge of their arrival. Shaolin Temple did not take extra precautions, we are really ashamed, thus we will not fault him on this matter."

Although Child Elder possess extremely high martial arts, but she never set foot on Central Plain before, she only have dealings with the various unorthodox cave-masters and island-masters at frontier region, hence this is the first time the monks heard of the name "Vulture Palace". Jiumozhi heard it from someone else in Tubo, however he did not have clear understanding of their origins.

Master DaoQing said: "Since this is the case then it is not convenient for outsiders to have any say in this matter." Jiumozhi and ShenShan originally did not have goodwill towards Shaolin Temple, however they saw XuanCi's righteousness in maintaining the law, he did not cover up or try to shield his own people, initially outsiders had absolutely no idea of the crimes committed by Xu Zhu, nevertheless XuanCi still announce it to the public, they cannot help but respect him greatly.

XuanJi took a step forward and said in a bright voice: "Xu Zhu, the offence pointed out by abbot, do you admit it? You have any justification for them?" Xu Zhu said: "Disciple admit it, my sin is too great, i cannot justify my actions, i willingly accept martial grandfather's punishment."

The crowd of monks are inwardly afraid, they look at XuanJi, waiting for him to announce the punishment.

XuanJi said in a bright voice: "Xu Zhu commit murder, lascivious acts, ate non-vegetarian food, drank wine, four great disciplines, the act of murder is of particular importance, he will receive 100 strokes of rod in public. Xu Zhu, do you accept it?" Xu Zhu heard the punishment is just 100 strokes of rod, with regards to the sins he committed it is simply not a heavy punishment at all, he quickly said: "Many thanks to martial grandfather for being merciful, Xu Zhu accept the punishment." XuanJi said again: "You studied unorthodox martial arts in private without asking the abbot and your own master for permission, you will be stripped of all Shaolin's martial arts, from now on you are not a Shaolin disciple anymore. Do you accept it?"

Xu Zhu heart ached, he knew the situation cannot be saved, he said: "Disciple deserve to die, martial grandfather is fair and just in punishing me."

The crowd of monks just witness the fierce battle between him and Jiumozhi, everyone saw the divine power of Shaolin's [Skanda Palm] and [Luohan Fists], however they did not know Xu Zhu's true martial art is not from Shaolin. Jiumozhi claims to have mastered all 72 supreme consummate skill, in reality he only knows 20 to 30 supreme consummate skill and only trained till superficial level, he had very little Shaolin's internal energy. Xu Zhu and Jiumozhi both fought using [Minor Formless Skill], naturally Jiumozhi had knowledge on [Minor Formless Skill], however as for [Pure Energy of Northern Darkness], [Six Solar Palm Of Heavenly Mountain], [Plum Breaking Hands Of Heavenly Mountain], etc, the various profound martial arts, Jiumozhi assume they are Shaolin's martial arts, thus when he heard XuanJi said he will cripple Xu Zhu's Shaolin martial arts he cannot help but feel elated, he pondered: "You willingly destroy your own legacy, help me get rid of a major trouble, it cannot be better!" GuanXin, JueXian, DaoQing, etc, various eminent monks, they pondered: "Alas what a pity, what a pity!"

XuanJi said again: "Since you are the Leader of Carefree Sect, the owner of Misty Peak Vulture Palace, it is convenient for you to leave the monastic order and return to normal life, if possible you can also become a Taoist, if you still comply with Buddhist regulations then you can become lay-devotee. From now on, you are no longer a Shaolin monk. Do you accept this punishment?"

Xu Zhu did not know his father or mother, he entered the temple as a baby, he grew up in Shaolin since childhood, although he did not comprehend the main gist of Buddhism but Shaolin Temple is the only place where he can settle down and get on with his pursuit, when he heard that he will be expelled he cannot help but feel great sorrow, with tears falling like rain he lie prostrate and weep, choking with sobs he said: "Great master abbot, martial grandfathers, martial uncles as well as my master, everyone treat disciple with profound kindness, disciple is unworthy, i did not follow your instructions properly."

Master DaoQing cannot help but intercede for him and said: "Martial brother abbot, martial brother XuanJi, in my opinion this little brother wants to get back on the right path, there is much desire of repentance from him, why not give him another chance?"

XuanCi said: "Martial brother is correct. However Buddhism is widespread, you can practice it anywhere. Xu Zhu, we punish you by expelling you from the temple, however we did not harbour any evil intentions, we did not forbid you from continuing to follow Buddha. There are thousands and tens of thousands temple under the heaven. If you still intend to follow the three treasures: Buddha, Dharma and Sangha, then you can seek tonsure again after returning to normal life. I hope you can join a famed temple, become a disciple of an eminent monk, swear an oath to remain purified in body and mind, reach enlightenment. If you do not become a monk, then you can still become a lay-devotee, follow the six Paramita and ten thousand conduct, attain enlightenment for Great Bodhisattva." his speech is kind, earnest and sincere.

Xu Zhu is mournful, he bow and said: "The teachings of master abbot, disciple don't dare to forget."

XuanJi said again: "HuiLun come here." HuiLun move forward a few steps, he put his palms together and knelt down, XuanJi said: "HuiLun, you are Xu Zhu's teacher, you are lazy in your daily instructions, you failed to give guidance on the evils of three poison and six roots, thus you cause the disaster that happened today. You will be given 30 strokes of rod, sit facing the wall in Discipline Courtyard and repent for three years. Do you accept?" HuiLun's voice quivered: "Disciple...disciple accept."

Xu Zhu said: "Martial grandfather, disciple is willing to endure the 30 strokes of rod on behalf of my master."

XuanJi nod his head and said: "Since this is the case then Xu Zhu will receive a total of 130 strokes of rod. Disciple in-charge of corporal punishment, go fetch the rod. At this moment Xu Zhu is still a Shaolin monk, you cannot be lenient in your punishment. After he exit the temple Xu Zhu will be the leader of another sect, he will have no more hatred with our temple, everyone in the temple must pay extra courtesy and respect to him."

The four disciples in-charge of corporal punishment accept their orders and left, soon after they return to the main hall, their hands grasping long purple-red wooden stick.

XuanJi was about to issue the order to execute punishment when suddenly a monk rush into the main hall hurriedly, his hand supporting a big pile of name cards, he lifted the cards up high and deliver it to XuanCi and said: "Reporting to abbot, a crowd of heroes came paying their respect."

XuanCi look at the name card, there are 30 cards, they are all from famous heroes in the northern region, they arrived together in Shaolin at the same time, presumably it must due to the matter concerning Beggar Clan. He heard unending chatters outside the temple, the crowd of heroes already arrive outside the temple's gate. XuanCi said: "Junior martial brother XuanSheng, please welcome the guest." he said again: "Martial brothers, esteemed guests, our temple will postpone the tidying of sect matters for another time so as to not neglect our guests from afar." at once he stood up and walk to the entrance of the main hall.

Soon after they saw around ten heroes accompanied by XuanSheng and arrive before the main hall.

XuanCi, XuanJi and XuanSheng, although they are eminent monks who practice Buddhist doctrine diligently, but they are still martial art experts, when they encounter martial art practitioners they will inevitably have the intention to know them better, at this moment seeing so many famous heroes arriving, although they are feeling heavy hearted as they are in the midst of tidying sect matters but they cannot help but feel their spirit rise. The crowd of Shaolin monks often spread their teachings outside the temple, hence they made alot of friends outside the Buddhist circle, among the famous heroes quite a number of them are close friends with monks from Hui generation and Xuan generation. Everyone shook hands and greeted each other, they are joyous in this reunion, they entered the main hall and introduce themselves to Jiumozhi and ShenShan. ShenShan, GuanXin, etc, their fame are known to everyone, even if they are not former acquaintances the crowd of heroes still admire them for a very long time already.

XuanJi was about to ask the heroes for their purpose in coming when another monk rush in to report, another 10 heroes from Shandong province and Huainan prefecture arrive at Shaolin to pay their respect.

XuanCan went out to greet the guests and welcome them into the main hall. A shady fellow said loudly: "Beggar Clan's Chief Zhuang invited us to witness a lively event, he have yet to arrive?" a feminine and soft voice said: "Old chap why so anxious? Since we are here already you think you won't have any chance to witness any activity? Obviously we small fry will go on stage first, the main event will appear at a later stage."

XuanCi said in a bright voice: "Ladies and gentlemen, all of you arrive at my humble temple without prior notice, Shaolin is really honoured. I ask for your forgiveness if we do not entertain you properly." the crowd of heroes said: "Well said, well said, abbot you are too polite."

At this time, heroes who had good relations with Shaolin monks had long narrated their purpose in coming to Shaolin, it seems everyone receive a hero invitation card from Beggar Clan's Chief Zhuang, Shaolin Temple and Beggar Clan have always work together to rule over Central Plains, now the new Chief of Beggar Clan Zhuang JuXian wish to elect a leader of Central Plains martial art fraternity, to set down rules and regulations so that everyone may comply and abide by it, thus he set the meeting at 10th of November in Shaolin Temple and he will visit to discuss with abbot XuanCi. Everyone displayed their hero invitation card, the card indicates that today is 11th year of the 60 years cycle, winter solstice, it brings great luck, the time is good for making friends, although the writings in the card is rather modest but it clearly imply the leader of Central Plains martial art fraternity to be none other than the Chief of Beggar Clan. Zhuang JuXian set the meeting at Shaolin Temple, obviously he will rely on his martial arts to defeat the monks at Shaolin and crush the awe-inspiring reputation enjoyed by Shaolin for several hundred years.

The card is not an invitation for the heroes to be at Shaolin, however everyone is simply too excited by the event, Beggar Clan tussling with Shaolin for supremacy, everyone wish to witness this major event personally hence they arrive at Shaolin without any prior notice. The most frequent question that pops up among the discussion in the main hall: "Who is Zhuang JuXian?" everyone ask the same question but nobody can give an answer.

Abbot XuanCi had already discuss this question with his fellow martial brothers for several days, they surmise this Zhuang JuXian is most like an alias of Qiao Feng, base on his martial arts and shrewdness he can simply kill the elders in Beggar Clan who oppose him and reinstate himself as Chief of Beggar Clan, if not base on the usual intimate relationship between Shaolin and Beggar Clan how can Beggar Clan suddenly make such a move? The great battle at Juxian Manor by Qiao Feng, everyone is aware of it, thus he assume the alias of Zhuang JuXian to hint at his true origin.

Not long after, heroes from Hubei and Hunan province, as well Jiangnan, Sichuan, Shaanxi, Guangdong, GuangXi, various heroes from these regions all arrived. The heroes from northern and southern region are separated by a thousand miles, nevertheless they all arrived within a single day, clearly Beggar Clan had made preparation for a long time already, they dispatch hero invitation cards several months in advance. XuanCi and the rest of the monks remain silent, however they are inwardly angry and worried. Only a few days ago, claiming to be Chief of Beggar Clan, Zhuang JuXian dispatch a letter to Shaolin, the letter mention the matter of electing a supreme leader of martial arts fraternity and within a few days he would personally visit Shaolin to pay his respect and to ask abbot XuanCi for advice, the letter did not mention an exact date and did not mention about inviting heroes from all over the world. Who would have imagined a huge crowd of heroes to suddenly arrive, Shaolin was caught off guard and was thrown into confusion. Although Shaolin Temple is well informed of matters in the martial arts fraternity, but unexpectedly they did not receive any information pertaining to this matter, they have yet to compete but was put at a disadvantage already. This act from Beggar Clan seem to adopt an attitude that they already won, the hero invitation card did not explicitly state to invite any heroes, they cannot take matters into their own hand and make decisions for Shaolin, but in reality this mass distribution of hero invitation card already present itself as an invitation even if it may not look like it. The crowd of monks pondered: "Beggar Clan did not invite us to visit their headquarter, their Chief coming to visit personally, it may seem they are being courteous but in reality they did not allow Shaolin to make any preparations and caught us off guard."

XuanSheng tried to extract information from his close friend Hebei's Divine Slingshot Zhuge Zhong: "Ah ha, old Zhuge, you already receive information but you did not write any letters to me, our 30 years of friendship, henceforth i will write it off with one stroke." Zhuge Zhong blush deep red, he tried to clarify repeatedly: "I....i only receive this card 3 days ago, i did not even finish eating my meal and rush over here straight away without rest, en route two of my best horse died due to exhaustion, i did this out of fear that i might miss the event and cannot lend you stinky thief baldy a helping hand. How....how come you blame me for no reason?" XuanSheng snorted and said: "It seems you really have good intentions!" Zhuge Zhong said: "Why other intentions would i have? Your Shaolin have high martial arts, old brother just come here to cheer and boost morale, is that bad intention? The original hero invitation card sent out by your abbot, the date is fixed on 8th of December, everyone will gather together to meet Gusu Murong family, elder brother arrive 1 month earlier, i did not let you down."

XuanSheng was finally at ease, he inquire from the other heroes, those further away receive their invitation cards earlier, those closer receive their cards slower, however all of them rush to Shaolin without stopping to rest in hopes that they can reach on time. It seems none of these heroes deliver a letter to Shaolin to notify as Beggar Clan was extremely thorough in its scheme, they calculated everyone's arrival time carefully and ensure that they won't have any spare time to give early notice to Shaolin. When the monks thought of it, all of them felt that Beggar Clan formulated its plan carefully before acting, the Chief of Beggar Clan and its members have yet to arrive but they already gain the upper hand by a show of strength, it is very likely there will be more schemes ahead.

Today is the 10th of November. Moments ago Shaolin monks are dealing with ShenShan and the other foreign eminent monks, immediately after they fought with Jiumozhi, afterwards they interrogate Xu Zhu, they already exhaust quite a bit of vigor, now they are flooded by waves of heroes arriving, although there are many monks in Shaolin but the matter is too sudden and they inevitably became flustered. Fortunately the head-monk of Welcoming Guest Courtyard XuanJing is a talented manager, food and materials are well stocked in Shaolin, under the guidance of XuanJing the crowd of monks receive the crowd of heroes, their etiquette not lacking the slightest.

XuanJing and the other monks welcome the visitors, they did not have time to discuss with each other and merely whisper inwardly. Suddenly a welcoming-monk announce: "Dali's ZhenNan Prince arrive!"

Previously, to investigate the death of great master XuanBei due to [Great Skanda Pestle], Duan ZhengChun received orders from his elder brother the Emperor and paid an official visit to abbot XuanCi. Duan family of Dali are friends with Shaolin, their arrival means Shaolin will gain a strong ally, XuanCi is really pleased and said: "Prince Duan of Dali is still in Central Plains?" he led the crowd to welcome him. XuanCi and Duan ZhengChun as well as his entourage Hua HeGen, Fan Hua, Ba TianShi, Zhu DanChen, etc, they are meeting for the 2nd time, they exchange conventional greetings and entered the main hall to meet with other heroes.

The first person they met was Tubo's Jiumozhi. Duan ZhengChun's countenance change immediately, he cupped his fists and said: " My son Duan Yu was showered with favour by Great Bright Wheel King and was brought along to the east, my son said he receive many instructions and made much progress, i really can't thank you enough." Jiumozhi gave a faint smile and said: "I don't dare! How come Gentleman Duan did not follow you here?" Duan ZhengChun said: "I don't know where he went, maybe he fell into the hands of crafty evil monk again, i was about to ask Grand Tutor for guidance." Jiumozhi shake his head repeatedly and said: "The whereabouts of Gentleman Duan, junior monk is not aware of it. Sigh, what a pity what a pity!"

Duan ZhengChun was shaken, he assume Duan Yu must have met with some unexpected mishap, he said hurriedly: "What makes Grand Tutor say so?" although he experience many unforeseen events before but he is concerned about the safety of his beloved son, his voice cannot help but tremble.

Several months ago both father and son were joyous in their reunion, afterwards Duan Yu left to attend the chess-meet of Deaf Mute Old Man. Several months later Duan ZhengChun did not receive any letters from him, he is afraid Duan Yu might run into Duan YanQing, Jiumozhi or Ding ChunQiu, these evil people, he is extremely worried. Recently he receive information that the new Chief of Beggar Clan Zhuang JuXian wants to tussle with Shaolin over the position of supreme leader of martial arts fraternity, at once he rush over to inquire about his son. Duan family is an aristocratic family famous for martial arts, naturally they are also concerned about the tussle between Beggar Clan and Shaolin.

Jiumozhi said: "Junior monk met Master Kurong, abbot BenYin and your esteemed elder brother at TianLong Monastery, their spirit calm and composed, their aura serene and stately, truly those who had attained the way of virtue. Prince ZhenNan's fighting prowess shake the entire world, but how come you show deep affection towards your children?"

Duan ZhengChun calm down and pondered: "It is useless to panic, even if Yu-er met with some unexpected mishap, this foreign monk will simply look down on me." he said: "It is human nature to love one's children. If people don't bear and raise children or protect them, there will be no one left in this world. I am only a common folk, how can i be compared with Grand Tutor, an eminent monk with no care or worries?"

Jiumozhi smile faintly and said: "When junior monk met your esteemed son for the first time, he is a brilliant youngster with extraordinary gifts, i knew he will definitely bring great honour to the Duan family, in the future he will be a learned and virtuous emperor of Dali, it is really the good fortune for the millions of people under the southern sky."

Immediately after he gave a long sigh and said: "Alas, what a pity, gentleman Duan's good fortune is not deep." he saw Duan ZhengChun turn pale again, he smile faintly and said: "Upon arrival in Central Plains, he saw a beautiful lady, henceforth he grovel at the feet of this lady, what lofty aspiration or great goal, he cast them all aside. If this lady travel east he will simply follow east, if she travel west he will follow west. Anyone can easily tell that he is a loafer, a philanderer who does not engage in honest work, isn't that a pity?"

He heard a "hee hee" sound, someone laugh out, it is a female voice. Everyone turn towards the direction of the sound, unexpectedly it is a middle-age man with wretched appearance. This person is Ruan XingZhu, for the past 2 years she had been accompanying Duan ZhengChun. When Duan ZhengChun rush to Shaolin Temple she also followed. She knew Shaolin's regulation does not allow female to enter, thus she disguise herself as a man, her appearance and manner utterly convincing, definitely not like the four sisters from Vulture Palace, however her voice is still tender and lovely, she cannot be compared with her daughter Ah Zhu who can imitate a man's voice to perfection. She saw everyone look at her, she said in a rough voice: "Little prince learn from his family, not inferior to his father, amazing, amazing."

Duan ZhengChun is flirtatious and well known for spreading his love everywhere, she classified Duan Yu's love for Wang YuYan as "learning from his family, not inferior to his father", everyone cannot help but smile.

Duan ZhengChun also laugh out loud and said to Jiumozhi: "My unfilial son....." Jiumozhi said: "He is not unfilial, on the contrary he is filial, extremely filial!" Duan ZhengChun knew he is ridiculing his lascivious nature, he did not take offense and simply said: "I don't know where he is currently, Grand Tutor are you aware of his whereabouts, please let me know." Jiumozhi shake his head and said: "Gentleman Duan cannot extract himself out of his infatuation, his yearning made him thin and haggard. When junior monk saw him again he was emaciated, malnourished and sickly, it is difficult to say if he is dead or alive now."

Suddenly a young monk walk towards Duan ZhengChun, he bow respectfully and said: "Prince please don't be overly anxious, 3rd younger brother is glowing with health and vigor, he is in excellent health." Duan ZhengChun return the courtesy, he felt extremely odd, the person seems to be a young monk from Shaolin but how come he address Duan Yu as "3rd younger brother", he said: "Little master, did you see my son recently?" the young monk is Xu Zhu, he said: "Yes, that day 3rd brother and i drank wine at Vulture Palace until we became intoxicated......"

Suddenly Duan Yu's voice echoed from outside the main hall: "Father, i am here, are you well?" the voice had barely ended as a person flash into the main hall and embrace Duan ZhengChun, it is Duan Yu. His internal energy is deep and profound, thus his hearing is strangely acute, he just entered the temple gate and heard the conversation between his father and Xu Zhu, he immediately execute [Graceful Steps upon the Waves] and rush ahead.

Both father and son reunite, their joy indescribable. Duan ZhengChun examine his son, although he seem to have caught a chill but he is radiating with health and vigor, definitely not what Jiumozhi described as "emaciated, malnourished and sickly, neither dead nor alive".

Duan Yu turn around and said to Xu Zhu: "2nd brother, you became a monk again?"

Xu Zhu was kneeling before the statue of Buddha for quite some time, sincerely repenting his past sins, however when he saw Duan Yu he immediately recall his "Dream Maiden", he cannot help but blush, his expression bashful, how can he open his mouth to ask?

Jiumozhi pondered: "Wang YuYan must be nearby, if not no matter the massive disturbance at Shaolin it can never attract Duan Yu to Mount Shaoshi, since Wang YuYan is deeply devoted to her cousin she will never split up with Murong Fu." at once he gathered his energy and said brightly: "Gentleman Murong, since you already arrive at Mount Shaoshi how come you still don't enter the temple to pay respect to Buddha?"

"Gusu Murong" enjoys tremendous reputation, everyone was startled, they pondered: "So Gentleman Murong also arrive. Did he have prior appointment with this foreign monk and came here to make things difficult for Shaolin?"

However there was no reply, after a while Jiumozhi's voice echoed back from a distant mountainside: "Gentleman Murong.......arrive at Mount Shaoshi......enter temple to pay respect to Buddha."

Jiumozhi pondered: "It seems i guess wrongly, Murong Fu is not at Mount Shaoshi, if not he will surely hear my call, no reason for him to not reply!" he look up to the sky and laugh out loud, he wanted to say something to cover up the embarrassment when suddenly a dark sinister voice transmit from outside the temple's gate: "Murong Fu is engaging a fierce battle with Old Freak Ding, if he can kill Old Freak Ding he will come to Shaolin and pay his respects."

When Duan ZhengChun and Duan Yu heard the voice their countenance change immediately, it is "Overflowing with Evil" Duan YanQing.

Immediately after, a person wearing green robe, hands leaning against a pair of steel crutch, Duan YanQing entered the temple's main hall, he is followed by "No Evil Left Undone" Ye ErNiang, "Fierce Deity and Evil Devil" Crocodile Deity of Southern Sea, "Thoroughly Fierce, Evil to Extreme" Yun ZhongHe. The Four Great Evils, they all arrived.

XuanCi does not differentiate between good and evil when hosting guests, he treat them all with equal courtesy and respect. Although Shaolin's regulation does not allow for female guest, when abbot XuanCi saw Ye ErNiang he was startled for a moment but did not voice any objection. The crowd pondered: "There are friends and enemies on both side, quite a number of female heroes, the regulation of not admitting female guest is just a trivial matter, no need to get into dispute for such matters."

When Crocodile Deity of Southern Sea saw Duan Yu he blush deep red immediately, he had the intention to turn around and walk away. Duan Yu laugh and said: "My good disciple, are you well?" Crocodile Deity of Southern Sea heard him call out "good disciple", it is too late to escape, he said fiercely: "Damn stinky master, you still not dead yet?" alot of people in the main hall did not understand the inside story, they saw this person's appearance is ferocious, unexpectedly the gentle and scholarly Duan Yu address him as "good disciple", it is really odd, even more strange he replied and address Duan Yu as "Master", however his speech is extremely rude.

Ye ErNiang smile and said: "Ding ChunQiu display his divine abilities, Murong Fu is completely helpless against his assault. Everyone do you want to go see the exciting fight?"

Duan Yu yell out: "Ayo!" he rush out of the main hall immediately.

TBC........

Woot - thanks for another update!

Thanks a lot d4rksinz.

A prelude to a lot of super high martial arts display.

Another exciting highlight in this novel .... more fights, more revelations ....Thks ...

as always, a deep and meticulous translation. tq.

Thanks d4rksinz.

Thank you. Well worth the wait. Looking out for more.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Thanks for translating!!

Thanks d4rdsinz

Hi d4rksinz:

Do you already have the complete Chapter 41 & 1st half of Chapter 42 which was translated by CC already? If not I can send it to you if you like, so that you can proofread/verify if it's complete...

Thanx for the update d4rksinz....