Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1522

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Hi d4rksinz:

Do you already have the complete Chapter 41 & 1st half of Chapter 42 which was translated by CC already? If not I can send it to you if you like, so that you can proofread/verify if it's complete...

Thanx for the update d4rksinz....
    No i do not have the chapters, if possible you can send it to me. The version i am using is 天龍八部新修版 (DGSM new revised version), i have to check if there is any discrepancies in the translated version.

Chapter 42 translated by CC are found here
    part 1 http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...&threadid=3706
    part 2 http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...&threadid=5607

from noodles in the forum guidelines and translation link thread

edit
    found an unabridged
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...d#.UlFlVRCxwSo
    Last edited by hirzy; 10-06-13 at 10:22 AM.

Hi d4rksinz:

Please check your "Inbox" on this site... I've E-mailed Chapter 41 (Complete), 42 (Incomplete), and Chapter 50 (Incomplete) to you...

Please give a quick proofread scan of the chapters to make sure it is correct and without missing parts. Much appreciate your fine work in translating this story....

take care...

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Hi d4rksinz:

Please check your "Inbox" on this site... I've E-mailed Chapter 41 (Complete), 42 (Incomplete), and Chapter 50 (Incomplete) to you...

Please give a quick proofread scan of the chapters to make sure it is correct and without missing parts. Much appreciate your fine work in translating this story....

take care...
    Teamwork! Thanks for translating, d4rksinz and szfong!

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Great job so far. Props to you

Previously Murong Fu, Deng BaiChuan, GongYe Gan, Bao BuTong, Feng BoE, Wang YuYan, six of them manage to leave Misty Peak. Murong Fu felt they sneak into Vulture Palace and got involved in a huge internal strife for no reason, his plan and schemes amount to nothing, he was downcast and felt really embarrassed. Only Wang YuYan was laughing and smiling, the happiest moments on earth was being able to accompany her cousin.

The six headed east to Central Plains. An afternoon they pass through a dark and gloomy forest, Feng BoE suddenly shout out: "The air reeks of blood." he pull out his broadsword and rush swiftly towards the source of the stench, thinking: "Most likely a fight will occur at the place with blood stench." the blood stench is getting heavier, unexpectedly around 10 corpses lie in a disordered fashion before his eyes, their weapons scattered in all direction, their blood have yet to dry, it seems these people died recently but the huge battle is clearly over. Feng BoE stamped his feet and said: "What bad luck, i arrive late."

Murong Fu and the others followed soon after, they saw the clothes on these corpses are ragged and shabby with cloth pouch attached, they are Beggar Clan's members. GongYe Gan said: "Some of them are 4-pouch disciple, some are 5-pouch disciple, i wonder how they fell into evil hands?" Deng BaiChuan said: "Let us bury the corpses." GongYe Gan said: "Precisely. Young master, Miss Wang, please rest by the side." he picked up an iron rod on the ground and started digging.

Suddenly someone groan from among the pile of corpse. Wang YuYan was greatly alarmed, she grab Murong Fu's left hand.

Feng BoE rush forward and shout: "Old chap, you still not dead yet?" a person sit up slowly from the pile of corpse and said: "Not dead yet, but....nearly.....nearly there." the person is a 50 year-old beggar, his hair grizzled, face and chest covered with bloodstains, his expression terrifying. Feng BoE quickly took out a healing pill and fed it to him.

The old beggar swallowed the pill and said: "Use.....useless. I suffered two slash in my stomach, i...i won't live." Feng BoE said: "Who harm you?" the old beggar shake his head and said: "I am really ashamed, its.....it is an internal strife within Beggar Clan...." Feng BoE, Bao BuTong, etc, all of them cry out in surprise. The old beggar said: "This matter....originally this matter should not be revealed to outsiders, but....but since it already reach such a state, i cannot cover up anymore. May i ask for your great name, many....many thanks for saving me, alas, Beggar Clan members massacre one another, they really fall short compared to total strangers. Just now....just now i heard you want to bury the corpses, you are heroic and humane, old man is extremely grateful....." Bao BuTong said: "Not true, not true. You are not dead yet, cannot be considered as a corpse, we have yet to bury you, there is no need for thanks." the old beggar said: "Brothers from Beggar Clan killed us, they.....they didn't even bury the corpse, how...how can they be considered good brothers? Really not better than beasts....." Bao BuTong love to debate, beasts don't know how to bury corpse, however he saw Murong Fu cast him a meaningful glance, thus he shut up and did not retort.

The old beggar said: "Old man request you to pass on information to Beggar Clan's....Elder Wu, tell him that our Clan's Chief Zhuang JuXian is merely a puppet, he.....he completely obey Quan GuanQing....that traitor. We do not accept the one surnamed Zhuang as Clan's Chief, Quan GuanQing dispatched...his men to kill us. Now he wants to kill Elder Wu, please remind him....to be careful."

Murong Fu nod his head, he pondered: "So that is what happen" he said: "Old chap please be at ease, we will definitely try to covey this news but we don't know where your Clan's Elder Wu is."

The old beggar's eyes are lifeless, he stare vacantly at a distant place and said slowly: "I....i also don't know."

Murong Fu said: "There is no harm. We will simply spread this news around widely, it will eventually reach Elder Wu, when Quan GuanQing hear it maybe he won't dare to lay his hands on Elder Wu anymore." the old beggar nod his head repeatedly and said: "Precisely, precisely, many thanks!" Murong Fu inquired: "Your new Chief of Beggar Clan Zhuang JuXian, where did he come from? We are ignorant and ill-informed, this is the first time we heard his name." the old beggar said angrily: "This iron-head boy....."

Murong Fu and the rest were startled, they said in unison: "It is that iron-head freak?"

The old beggar said: "I just came back from Western Xia, i have never seen that chap before, i merely hear it from my brothers in the Clan, that chap....originally he wore an iron mask, afterwards Quan GuanQing remove it for him, his face....sigh, it is really more unsightly than demon. This chap possess superb martial arts, a few months ago at our Clan's general assembly in Hunan everyone gathered to elect a new Chief, we argued endlessly, eventually we came to an agreement to select base on martial arts, this chap killed 11 top experts from our Clan, he became....the Chief. Many of our brothers are not convinced, Quan GuanQing that traitor.... Quan GuanQing that traitor...." his voice is getting softer and softer, he seem to be hanging on his last breath.

Deng BaiChuan said: "Old chap, let me take a look at your wound first, we will think of how to treat your injuries and discuss later." the old beggar said: "My stomach is pierced, intestines ruptured....many thanks, but...." he insert his hand into his bosom to reach for something but he cannot summon the energy, he said: "I have....to trouble....." GongYe Gan knew his intention and said: "Sir you wish to get something?" the old beggar nod his head. GongYe Gan fish the items out of his bosom and spread in on his palm, flint, concealed weapon, medicine, ration, broken silvers, truly quite a number of items, all of them covered with blood.

The old beggar said: "I....i won't make it. This piece of....piece of document, it is extremely important, i earnestly request benefactor to deliver....deliver it to any Beggar Clan's Elder....just don't give it to that iron-head chap and....and that traitor Quan GuanQing. I offer you my thanks." he extend his trembling right hand and lifted a yellow paper from GongYe Gan's palm.

Murong Fu said: "Sir please be at ease, if your injury is truly difficult to heal we promise to deliver this document to your Clan's Elders." as he finish speaking he took the yellow paper.

The old beggar said: "I am surnamed Yi, named DaBiao. I have....have to trouble you, i came from Western Xia, this....this is a notice from the Emperor of Western Xia to recruit a son-in-law. This matter....this matter is extremely important, it concerns the fate and safety of Great Song. I only just return back to Central Plains and met with this wicked scheme, i only hope to meet with Elder Wu...tell him, who would have imagined....imagined i can't see him anymore. I hope sir can take into account the lives of millions of common people....common people......common people....." he said "common people" 3 times, he can't summon his breath. The more anxious he became the more difficult it is for him to speak, suddenly he spurt a huge mouthful of blood, his eyes flip over and caught Murong Fu's refine appearance, someone came into his mind, he inquired: "Sir....who are you? Are you Gusu.....Gusu....."

Murong Fu said: "Correct, i am Gusu Murong Fu"

The old beggar was startled and said: "You...you are a great enemy of our Clan....." he extend his hands to forcefully grab the yellow paper away from Murong Fu.

Murong Fu allowed him to take the paper, he pondered: "Beggar Clan have always suspected me of causing the death of Chief Ma DaYuan, although the rumours faded somewhat but this person still firmly believe i am culprit. He will die soon, no need to bicker with him."

The old beggar exerted force in his pair of hands, he wanted to tear the yellow paper, suddenly both his legs straighten up, he spurt blood wildly and met with a violent death.

Feng BoE pry open the old beggar's fingers and retrieve the yellow paper, many complicated foreign text are written on it, at the end there is a huge stamp. GongYe Gan is fairly knowledgeable with writings from other countries, he look through the document from the start till end and said: "Sure enough, the Emperor of Western Xia is putting a notice to recruit a son-in-law. The text says: Princess YinChuan of Western Xia is of marriageable age, the Emperor wish to select a person well versed in literature and martial arts, handsome, elegant and unmarried young man to be his son-in-law, the selection date is set at next year, third month, Qingming Festival. No matter the nationality, as long as the person is a first class talent, he may come forth to visit and the Emperor will be pleased to welcome him. Even if he does not get selected he may also be hired base on his talents, conferred official ranking and bestowed gold and silver......"

GongYe Gan have yet to finish reading as Feng BoE laugh out loud and said: "This friend from Beggar Clan is ridiculous, he took this notice from Western Xia, don't tell me he wants to help one of his Clan's Elder to apply and become the son-in-law of the Emperor of Western Xia?"

Bao BuTong said: "Not true, not true! 4th younger brother you are not aware, although those Elders from Beggar Clan are old and ugly, but they still have quite a number of young disciples who are well versed in literature and martial arts, handsome and intelligent people. If any one of their disciples become the son-in-law of the Emperor of Western Xia, then won't Beggar Clan enjoy a meteoric rise in status?"

Deng BaiChuan knit his bow and said: "It is said that heroes from Beggar Clan do not seek riches and honour, how come this Yi DaBiao lust after such glory?" GongYe Gan said: "Big brother, that old beggar said: 'This matter is extremely important, it concerns the fate and safety of Great Song.' afterwards he talk about the safety of millions of common people, maybe he is not talking about seeking riches and honour for Beggar Clan." Bao BuTong shake his head and said: "Not true, not true!"

GongYe Gan said: "3rd younger brother, you have wise opinion again?" Bao BuTong said: "2nd brother, you ask me if i have any wise opinion again, from the word "again" obviously i already revealed my wise opinion. However i did not reveal any wise opinion, it clearly shows that you do not think i have any wise opinion. You ask me if i have any wise opinion again, but what you are truly asking is: 'Old Bao the 3rd, you talking nonsense again?', correct?" although Feng BoE like to fight, but he don't fight with his own brothers. Bao BuTong like to debate, however he does not differentiate between relatives, senior or junior, as long as one sentence does not suit his taste he will simply argue and debate endlessly. GongYe Gan is well aware of his temper, he smile faintly and said: "3rd younger brother revealed quite a number of wise opinion in the past, the word "again", its truly inviting another wise opinion from you."

Bao BuTong shake his head and said: "Not true, not true! You are hiding a smile while talking, your intention not sincere......." he want to continue speaking but Deng BaiChuan interrupted his speech and said: "3rd younger brother, Yi DaBiao took this notice from Western Xia, he solemnly request us to deliver it to his Clan's Elders, in your opinion what is his intention?" Bao BuTong said: "I am not Yi DaBiao, how would i know his intention?"

Murong Fu glance towards GongYe Gan, seeking his opinion.

GongYe Gan smile faintly and said: "My thoughts differ greatly from 3rd brother." he knew that no matter what he says, Bao BuTong will surely refute, thus he spoke frankly. Bao BuTong said: "Not true, not true! You guess wrongly, my opinion is exactly the same as yours, completely identical." GongYe Gan laugh and said: "This is truly wonderful!"

Murong Fu said: "2nd brother, what is your opinion?" GongYe Gan said: "In this current age, Great Liao, Great Song, Tubo, Western Xia, Dali, five nation with equal power, other than Dali which is secluded at southern borders, aloof from worldly affairs, the other four nations all have intention to swallow each other and annex the land under the heaven....."

Bao BuTong said: "2nd brother, you are wrong. Although our Great Yan does not occupy any territory, but young master is constantly thinking about restoring the Yan, how you know Great Yan won't be able to return to our former awe-inspiring glory, the complete restoration of Great Yan?"

Murong Fu, Deng BaiChuan, GongYe Gan, Feng BoE, all of them stood tall and upright, their expression solemn, they said in unison: "The ambition to restore our nation, we will never forget it!" five of them pull out their weapons from its sheathe and raise it in front of their chest.

The ancestors of Murong Fu are ethic group of northern nomads. In the turmoil of the five northern minorities in Central China, Murong clan invaded Central Plains, they show case their awe-inspiring might and established Former Yan, Later Yan, Southern Yan, Western Yan, several dynasties. Later on, Murong clan was wiped out by Wei of Northern Dynasties and their offspring scattered in all direction, however their descendants from father to son, generation after generation, they harboured the desire to restore their nation. From the Sui to Tang dynasties the Murong clan gradually decline, however their great aspiration to "Restore Great Yan" still remain as strong as ever, nevertheless the possibility became more remote and uncertain.

In the final years of Later Zhou, Murong clan produced a general, Murong YanChao, his might and prestige unparalleled, and within his clan there was a martial art prodigy Murong LongCheng, he created the profound art of [Star Shifting Movement], his skills unrivalled, renown throughout the world. Murong LongCheng did not forget the wishes of his ancestors, he gathered many strong and courageous people and intend to restore his nation, however what is long divided must unify, Zhao KuangYin established Great Song, the world stabilize and the people desire peace, although Murong LongCheng possess strong martial arts but he was unable to make an impact and met his end eventually.

After several generation Murong clan was pass down to Murong Bo, the martial arts and lofty aspiration of Murong LongCheng also pass down entirely to Murong Bo. To restore Great Yan in Song dynasty is to start a rebellion, thus Murong Bo gathered wealth, provisions and people in secret, he did not let out the slightest bit of news. Murong clan harboured lofty ambition, their conduct vastly different from common martial artists, in the eyes of others they are extremely unpleasant, in addition with their "returning you with your own move" reputation they are feared and hated.

Nomads from northern part of the country are brave, heroic and imposing, in order to lie low and stay out of trouble Murong clan changed their location to a water village in Jiangnan Suzhou, the area is considered to be elegant and refine, thus they avoided unnecessary attention. Deng BaiChuan and the rest are Han Chinese people, for successive generations they have always been henchmen of Murong clan, thus they also adopt the ambition of restoring Great Yan.

In the wilderness there are no people around, they cannot restrain themselves and draw out their swords, their excitement and passion bursting forth.

Wang YuYan however turn around unhurriedly and walk away slowly, she kept a far distance away from them. Her mother had always opposed Murong clan's intention to revolt, she felt the notion of becoming king or emperor is merely the wishful thinking of Murong clan, their ambition is hopeless and destined to face extermination of the entire clan. Although both families are closely related, however due to verbal disagreement between Madam Wang and Madam Murong their hostility deepen. Thus for the past few years Madam Wang forbid Murong Fu from visiting, she voluntary seek to live in seclusion at the deepest part of Ling Lake, unwilling to have any engagement with Murong clan.

GongYe Gan glance at Wang YuYan's shadow and said: "Liao and Song are in a state of war for many years, although Great Liao have the upper hand but they don't have the capability to exterminate Song nation. Western Xia and Tubo reside at western frontier, both countries possess hundred and thousands of elite troops, Great Song will face certain destruction if either side provide assistance to Liao, similarly Liao will be wipe out if they assist Song nation.

Feng BoE said loudly: "2nd brother words are logical. Beggar Clan have always been loyal to Great Song, Yi DaBiao return with this document, he must be hoping for a young hero from Great Song to become the son-in-law of the Emperor of Western Xia. If Song and Western Xia are connected by marriage then they will be invincible."

GongYe Gan nod his head and said: "They will truly be invincible, Great Song possess huge population, their wealth and provisions abundant, Western Xia possess elite military forces, they are brave and good at fighting, if these two nation ally and join forces, Great Liao and Tubo will not be able to resist, naturally Dali will be crushed as well. In my opinion, after Song and Western Xia join forces, the 1st step is to annex Dali, the 2nd step is to attack Liao nation."

Deng BaiChuan said: "Yi DaBiao is counting his chickens before they hatched, nevertheless if it really happens, Song and Western Xia will become allies through marriage and they can achieve success easily. Liao, Tubo, Dali, various nations, once they learn about this news they will surely try to sabotage." GongYe Gan said: "Not only try to sabotage, maybe they will think of ways to marry this princess from Western Xia."

Deng BaiChuan said: "I wonder if this princess is pretty or ugly, sweet-tempered or barbaric?" Bao BuTong laugh loudly and said: "Elder brother you think too much, don't tell me you want to try to win the princess's hand in marriage and become the son-in-law of Emperor of Western Xia?" Deng BaiChuan smile and said: "If your brother Deng is younger by 20 years, martial art 10 times stronger, more handsome by 100 times, then i will fly to Western Xia immediately." his expression turn solemn immediately and said: "We conspire for several hundred years to restore Great Yan, all along it was unrealistic, we achieve nothing. Ultimately it is due to a lack of a strong and powerful ally. If our Murong clan become in-laws with Western Xia, once we make a move Western Xia will send reinforcement immediately, is there anything we cannot achieve?"

GongYe Gan said: "Precisely. During Spring and Autumn Period, Qin and Jin are linked by marriage, Jin ChongEr lost his nation and went into exile. Duke Mu of Qin dispatch an army to assist Jin, ChongEr became Duke Wen of Jin and establish political hegemony."

Bao BuTong like to debate, twist words and make up fallacious argument, unexpectedly when he heard GongYe Gan's speech he nod his head repeatedly and said: "Correct! As long as this matter is beneficial to the restoration of Great Yan, then i don't care if the princess of Western Xia is pretty or ugly, good or bad, as long as she agree to marry me old Bao, even if she is a old pig, old Bao will still stay firm and marry her."

Everyone laugh out loudly, they shift their gaze towards Murong Fu.

Murong Fu is astute, he knew the four of them want him to go to Western Xia and take part in the selection to become the Emperor's son-in-law. With regards to appearance and character, literary and martial arts talent, in the present age there isn't a young man who is comparable to him. He knew he had 70-80% chance of succeeding if he goes to Western Xia to ask for the princess's hand in marriage. However if the Emperor of Western Xia emphasize on family background, although he may be a noble descendant of Great Yan, but ultimately his nation had long decline to nothing, he is merely a commoner in Great Song, if Great Song, Dali, Great Liao and Tubo send their prince and marquis to seek marriage, he will surely lose out due to lack of nobility status. Murong Fu though for a long time and glance at the piece of document.

GongYe Gan followed Murong Fu for very long time, he is able to guess his thoughts accurately, he said: "The notice is very clear, the selection does not take into account family status, only character and talents. When you become the Emperor's son-in-law, nobility title will follow, however character and skill cannot be awarded by the emperor's edict. Young master, the great ambition of Murong clan that lasted several hundred years, you.....you have to bear the burden." when he was nearing the end of his speech he became agitated, his voice trembled.

Bao BuTong said: "Young master will became Duke Wen of Jin, we four brothers will be HuMao, HuYan, Jie Zitui...." suddenly he recalled that Jie Zitui was burnt to death by Duke Wen of Jin, the matter is not too auspicious, thus he laugh and shut up immediately.

Murong Fu's expression is pale, his fingers trembling slightly, he knew this is a once in a lifetime golden opportunity, when a princess look for a partner, the Emperor will usually let the chancellor be the matchmaker, minster who rendered outstanding contribution or descendants of aristocratic family will usually be selected to become the Emperor's son-in-law, the emperor will never issue such notice and make the selection public. Murong Fu cannot help but gaze towards Wang YuYan's shadow, she is standing under a willow tree, right hand holding onto a willow branch, her eyes gazing at the flowing river, her figure frail and thin, she evoke a sense of pity.

Naturally Murong Fu is fully aware of his cousin's devoted love towards him, although his aunt and parents are at odds and forbid them from seeing each other, but she is a delicate maiden without any martial arts yet she ran away from home without hesitation, drifting aimlessly to look for him, this kind of affection is truly rare in this world. Murong Fu travelled around the world, he focus entirely on restoring Great Yan, he can't even concentrate on practicing martial arts, as for the relationship between men and women he had even less regards for it. However his cousin is beautiful and virtuous, well acquainted with martial arts theory, she is devoted to him, how can he remain indifferent? To suddenly ask him to abandon her and propose marriage with a princess he never met before, although he knew the outcome is inevitable but he still can't bear to do so.

GongYe Gan cough lightly and said: "Young master, since ancient times those who accomplished great undertakings are not bothered about trifle matters, a true hero have to break this 'love' barrier."

Bao BuTong said: "Great Yan must be restored, young master when you become the Emperor, the life of the Emperor and his harem, won't it be enough? Princess of Western Xia will be the Empress, Miss Wang, she will become your imperial consort, a warm and virtuous concubine. If young master is bias towards her and dote on her more, who dares to question you?" normally Bao BuTong like to argue and bicker with others, but now they are discussing important matter, unexpectedly his speech became clear and logical.

Murong Fu nod his head, when his father was still alive he exhort repeatedly, other than restoration of Great Yan he should not concern himself with other matters, for the sake of restoring Great Yan father and elders can be killed, children massacred, relatives and close friends abandoned, as for male-female relationship there is no need to even bother. Although Wang YuYan is deeply devoted to him, but all along he treat her as a younger sister, there is really no special feelings. Although he had long set his mind in marrying her, but he rarely thought of such matters as he felt it was to be expected, no need to worry too much. As long as he can accomplish his great undertaking, it would be like what Bao BuTong had said, his cousin will become an imperial concubine in the future and he will simply dote on her more. Once he rationalize this, he no longer concern himself with Wang YuYan, he said: "Everyone is correct, indeed this is a golden opportunity for the restoration of Great Yan, but a man must keep his promise, this piece of document, we have to deliver it to Beggar Clan."

Deng BaiChuan said: "Correct, not to mention there isn't anyone in Beggar Clan who is comparable to young master, even if there is one we cannot hide this document and become shameless scoundrels." Feng BoE said: "Of course. Elder brother, 2nd brother will escort young master to Western Xia, 3rd brother and i will deliver this document to Beggar Clan. Next year's Qingming Festival is still a long time away, there is plenty of time for Beggar Clan to pick a candidate, they cannot accuse us of taking advantage of them."

Murong Fu said: "Our conduct must be upright, i will personally deliver this document to Beggar Clan's Elders, after that we will go to Western Xia." Deng BaiChuan applauded and said: "Young master is right. We cannot allow the slightest bit of complaint from others." GongYe Gan, Bao BuTong and Feng BoE all nod their head at the same time, at once they start burying the dead bodies of Beggar Clan's members.

Murong Fu call out to ask Wang YuYan to come over, he said: "Cousin, these Beggar Clan's members are killed by someone, it involves an extremely important matter, i have to personally go to the headquarter of Beggar Clan as soon as possible. I like to escort you back to Mantuo Manor first." Wang YuYan was startled and said quickly: "I....i don't want to go home, if mother sees me she will surely kill me." Murong Fu laugh and said: "Although her temper is violent but you are her only daughter, how can she be willing to kill you? At most she will criticize you that's all." Wang YuYan said: "No....no, i don't want to go home, i will go together with you to Beggar Clan."

Since Murong Fu had set his mind to propose marriage in Western Xia, he felt extremely apologetic, he pondered: "For the time being i will go along with her and decide later." he said: "You are a female, it is not appropriate for you to roam around Jianghu, don't go to the headquarter of Beggar Clan. Since you don't want to return to Mantuo Manor then you can simply stay at my home in Basin of Swallow, once the matter is settled i will come and visit you how about it?"

Wang YuYan blush deep red, she was secretly delighted, her lifelong wish is to marry her cousin and stay in Basin of Swallow, now Murong Fu said he want her to stay in Basin of Swallow, although it is not akin to a marriage proposal but his intention can easily be inferred. She did not say anything and lower her head slowly, her eyes exudes a peculiar radiance.

Deng BaiChuan and GongYe Gan glance at each other, they felt a twinge of guilt having to deceive this innocent and pure lady. Suddenly they heard a 'Pa' sound, Feng BoE slap himself heavily. Wang YuYan lifted her head and ask curiously: "4th brother Feng, what happen?" Feng BoE said: "A...a mosquito stung me."

At once the six of them head eastward. After travelling for two days, Duan Yu came along, he chase after them happily and said: "Ayo, what a coincidence, Gentleman Murong, Mr GongYe, Mr Bao, Mr Feng, Miss Wang, we meet again. Since everyone is heading east let's just travel together to make the journey more lively."

Although Bao BuTong loathe him, but Duan Yu saved Feng BoE, Murong Fu and Miss Wang before, thus he did think it is appropriate to rebuff him, however he still mock and ridicule him during the journey, Duan Yu turn a deaf ear to his remarks and pay no heed.

While en route they receive news of Beggar Clan tussling with Shaolin over the position of chief of martial arts fraternity. Murong Fu, Deng BaiChuan and the rest discuss secretly, if both side suffer a defeat then Murong clan will inevitably benefit from their misfortune, maybe they can even obtain the title of chief of martial arts fraternity, thereby commanding the heroes of Jianhu, it is really a great opportunity to catapult them to power, they definitely cannot let this chance pass by, at once they rush to Shaolin. Unexpectedly when they arrive at the base of Mount Shaoshi they met the Old Freak of XingXiu Ding ChunQiu.

For the past few months, Ding ChunQiu expanded his sect greatly and recruit many disciples, regardless of their criminal or unorthodox ways, as long as they are willing to join his sect and listen to his orders he will welcome them, within a few months many bandits and evil people in Central Plains flock to his sect, his fame and power flourish.

Deng BaiChuan, GongYe Gan and Bao BuTong was harmed by Ding ChunQiu in the past, now they come across each other again, seeing his huge swarm of disciples they are inwardly afraid. Feng BoE however is fearless, he did not say much and simply rush into the enemy ranks and started fighting with XingXiu disciples. Duan Yu wanted to accompany Wang YuYan and leave. However Wang YuYan is concerned about her cousin, she refuse to leave. The crowd of XingXiu disciples rush in like a tide, at once Murong Fu and company are drown out by them.

Duan Yu execute his [Graceful Steps upon the Waves] and dodge the XingXiu disciples, immediately after he heard his father's voice and rush to the temple to meet him, afterwards he heard Ye ErNiang said Murong Fu was completely helpless against the enemy's assault, he pondered: "I have to carry Miss Wang out of danger." he rush out quickly.

--------End of Chapter 40------

Thanks for another update

So Murong Fu, among the protagonists, first learned of Western Xia's Princess looking for a would be husband.

Thanks, d4rksinz.

As usual, very well translated and put history in its correct perspective ...

There definitely are discrepancies between 2nd and 3rd edition.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Ren, is the ending of 3rd edition also different? ... What are the discrepancies so far? .. Thks for elaborating ...

Let me add btw that you are doing a tremendous job with this very, very difficult translation. Bravo!

Thanks d4rksinz

Book 4 finished. : Thanks a lot d4rksinz.

Quote Originally Posted by LuDongBin View Post
    Ren, is the ending of 3rd edition also different? ... What are the discrepancies so far? .. Thks for elaborating ...
    See here for the 3rd edition.

Which version are we using?

ycb5959, I'm fairly sure you are translating from 3rd edition, while CC's translation is 2nd edition. Abbot Shenshan only appears in 3rd edition.
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 10-16-13 at 09:42 AM.

Ycb, thanks for the link ...

So wait, as a whole, is this a translation of the 2nd or 3rd edition?

MrWErD, it's a mix! Parts of it are 2nd edition, but Ycb's translations have all been from 3rd edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    MrWErD, it's a mix! Parts of it are 2nd edition, but Ycb's translations have all been from 3rd edition.
    Does this mean Wang Yuyan will marry Duan Yu, but spend half her time looking after Murong Fu?