Page 59 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1522

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

Sweeper Monk time! So excited!

Thanks d4rksinz

tksss. D4rkinz. this reveals what all the otheres especially the shows n videos brushed off. again a very professional an meticulous translation.

Thanks d4rkinz

Thank you d4rkinz.

Waiting with bated breathe for the next installment SWEEPER TIME!!!
    TaZzY InC

I feel betrayed. In DGSD 2003 he was like a 50 year old guy in good shape but in the book he is older than dirt. I thought the TV series depiction was accurate
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

I find it slightly amusing that Sweeper refers to Xiao Yuanshan's rifling through the archives as "browsing", and tries to introduce him to better reading material, and that he is then disappointed when Xiao Yuanshan takes no notice of the other books. It's like Sweeper is working in a shop, and tries to put better products in the eye line of a customer who's browsing through more "interesting" items, and is then disappointed when the customer goes straight to the shelf, picks out what they want, and immediately marches off to the counter without noticing the display that Sweeper has painstakingly assembled nearby.

Exciting! Can't wait for the next part!

XuanYin, XuanSheng, XuanGou and XuanJing pondered: “Base on this old monk’s dressing, he is an odd job service monk, how come he have such deep knowledge and cultivation?” although service monk is still part of Shaolin monk, but they only need to take the tonsure, they don’t have to become an apprentice to a master, they do not impart martial arts, no need for meditation or line-up according to generation ranking, other than chanting scripture and worshiping Buddha, they light fire for cooking, farming, sweeping, construction and perform manual labour. There are many monks in Shaolin, XuanYin and the rest are first-class eminent monks in the temple, it is not strange for them to not know these monks, but the old monk’s elegant speech, his transcendent knowledge and experience, they cannot help but be secretly amazed.

The old monk continued: “The 72 supreme consummate skills of our temple, every skill is capable of injuring a person’s vital points and take a person’s life, extremely vicious and fierce, thus every consummate skill needs to be neutralize with corresponding levels of Buddhist mercy doctrine. However this principle is not known to everyone in Shaolin temple, when a person train his martial arts to very high level, his comprehension of Buddhist logic will inevitably be obstructed. In Shaolin, this is termed ‘hindering of martial studies’, it is similar to ‘hindering of awareness’ of other school or sect. It is important to be aware that Buddhist doctrines serve to save all lives, martial arts serve to kill, both sides run counter to each other, restraining each other mutually. Only with high level of Dharma, an ever flourishing merciful heart, only then you can train your supreme consummate skill to higher level, however senior monks who are able to reach such a state will not care to research different kinds of vicious techniques to kill a person.”

Great Master DaoQing nod his head and said: “Listening to old master’s speech, junior monk experience a flash of insight and all my doubts cleared.” The old monk put his palms together and said: “I don’t dare, if old monk is incorrect I hope everyone can give advice.” The group of monks put their palms together and said in unison: “We invite master to continue your teachings.”

Jiumozhi pondered: “Mr Murong robbed the 72 supreme consummate skills of Shaolin and leak it outside, the monks from Shaolin must be unwilling but there is nothing they can do, thus they send an old monk to deceive people, they want to trick outsiders and stop them from training their martial arts. Hey hey, is Jiumozhi so easy to be fooled?”

The old monk continued: “Within our temple, naturally there are those with inadequate Dharma but insist on learning many first-class martial arts, but once they start training, they either fire-deviate or suffer incurable internal injuries. Great master XuanCheng from our temple possess extraordinary martial arts, all the senior monks praise him as the number one martial artist to ever emerge from our temple for the past 200 years. However in a single night, his tendons and meridians suddenly snapped, he became a handicapped person, this is the main reason.”

XuanYun, XuanSheng, both of them kneel down simultaneously and said: “Great master, is there any method to save senior martial brother XuanCheng?” the old monk shake his head and said: “It is too late, he cannot be saved. At that time Great master XuanCheng came to the Scripture-Depository Pavilion to choose martial arts manual, old monk reminded him 3 times, but he obstinately persist in going the wrong way. Now his tendons and meridians snapped, how can he continue? In reality, the Five Aggregates are empty, the mortal body sustain injuries, henceforth he cannot train martial arts, but now he can cultivate Dharma diligently and be enlightened, it can be considered a profit from disaster. Two great masters, your view fall short of Great master XuanCheng.” XuanYin, XuanSheng said in unison: “Yes. Many thanks for the enlightenment.”

Suddenly there is 3 light ‘Chi’ ‘Chi’ ‘Chi’ sound, nothing else happen. XuanYin and the rest knew it is Shaolin’s [Formless Plundering Finger], all of them look at Jiumozhi, he already change countenance, however he still force a slight smile.

Jiumozhi was unconvinced, the more he listen the more he refuse to accept, he pondered: “You said Shaolin’s 72 supreme consummate skills cannot be trained together, but i already mastered quite a few. How come my tendons and meridians never snap and I never turn into a handicapped person?” his pair of hands hidden within his shirt sleeves, he secretly executed [Formless Plundering Finger], he shot it stealthily at the old monk. Unexpectedly when the finger force reach within 3 chi of the old monk, it seems to have hit an extremely soft yet extremely hard protective screen, ‘Chi’ ‘Chi’ ‘Chi’, the finger force disperse completely without a trace, it did not even repel back. Jiumozhi was gobsmacked, he pondered: “This old monk really have some ghostly technique, he is not boasting!”

The old monk seems to be completely unaware, he continued: “Please get up. Old monk run errands for great masters in the temple, the two of you pay such courtesy, how can I accept it?” XuanYin and XuanSheng, both of them felt a gentle force supporting their arms lightly, their body cannot help but spring up on its own, however the old monk did not hold out his hands or brush his sleeves, they were greatly amazed, this kind of divine technique, force arriving to one’s intention, could it be this old monk is the reincarnation of Bodhisattva, if not how come he can wield such remarkable power, Dharma without boundaries?

The old monk continued: “The 72 supreme consummate skills of our temple, it is divided equally on ‘body’ and ‘usage’, two path, ‘body’ refers to internal energy within the body, ‘usage’ refers to channelling and usage method. Lay-Buddhist Xiao and lay-Buddhist Murong already have first-class internal energy in their body as the foundation, what they came to study is merely the method to using the 72 supreme consummate skills, although they suffered damage but it have yet to reveal itself prominently. Great Bright Wheel King must have practiced Carefree Sect’s [Minor Formless Skill] correct?”

Jiumozhi was startled again, he secretly practice Carefree Sect’s [Minor Formless Skill], nobody is aware of it, but how come this old monk is able to tell? However he felt at ease immediately: “Moments ago Xu Zhu fought with me, he also use [Minor Formless Skill]. Most likely Xu Zhu told him, how can it be strange?” he said: “[Minor Formless Skill], although it is of Taoist origins but there are quite a few Buddhist disciple who practice it, it has evolved and incorporate the essence of Buddhism and Taoism. Even in your precious temple there is no lack of experts in such art.”

The old monk appeared to be slightly amazed, he said: “There is someone in Shaolin who knows [Minor Formless Skill]? Old monk is hearing it for the first time.” Jiumozhi pondered: “You are dressing up as God to deceive people, you acting skill is really good.” Jiumozhi smile faintly and said nothing. The old monk continued: “[Minor Formless Skill] is subtle and profound, it can be used to execute the martial arts of any sect or school, using it as the foundation, it is possible to perform all 72 supreme consummate skills, however there will inevitably be minute deviation from the actual skill.”

XuanSheng turn towards Jiumozhi and said: “Bright Wheel King claims to be proficient in our temple’s 72 supreme consummate skills, as it turns this is your proficiency.” His speech is sarcastic. Jiumozhi feign deaf, he did not reply.

The old monk continued: “If Bright Wheel King only studied the methods to using Shaolin’s 72 supreme consummate skills, your injuries will be latent, although it will cause trouble eventually but for a period of time it will not endanger your inner organs. But presently your ‘Chengqi acupoint’ is showing vermillion colour, your ‘Wenxiang acupoint’ revealed faint purple cloud, the muscles in your ‘Jiache acupoint’ is vibrating, all these signs indicate that after Bright Wheel King practice Shaolin’s 72 supreme consummate skills, you attempt to master it by combining multiple skills into one…..” he pause and shake his head slightly, his eyes revealed great sadness and pity.

After learning Shaolin’s 72 supreme consummate skills, Jiumozhi felt there are too many types of skill, it would be better to combine skills that are similar into one, however when he start combining he felt agitated and impatient, his mind muddled and confuse, it is hard to pin down the problem, could it be the old monk is telling the truth, that he got the sequence in reverse and great catastrophe is looming? He had second thoughts: “It is common for a practitioner to fire-deviate when their training failed, however I am proficient in the secrets of internal and external martial arts, how can I be compared with an ordinary person? This old monk is just boasting, If I believe his ruse then Jiumozhi’s illustrious reputation will turn into nothing.”

The old monk saw a worried expression on Jiumozhi’s face initially, however his eyebrow straighten immediately, his expression became perverse and conceited again, evidently he ignored his speech, he sigh lightly and said to Xiao YuanShan: “Lay-Buddhist Xiao, your ‘Liangmen acupoint’ and ‘Taiyi acupoint’, have you been feeling faint aching lately?” Xiao YuanShan’s entire body is trembling, he said: “Divine monk is wise, it is as stated.” The old monk continued: “The numbing sensation in your ‘Guanyuan acupoint’, how is it recently?” Xiao YuanShan was even more amazed, his voice trembling: “10 years ago this numbing sensation was merely the size of a little finger, but now….now it is the size of a tea cup.”

When Xiao Feng heard it he knew these 3 vital acupoints on his father is showing symptoms, it must be due to the training of Shaolin’s consummate skill, from his speech these symptoms disturb him for many years and he cannot remove it, now it turn into a major worry, at once he took 2 steps forward, he kneel down and prostrate himself before the old monk and said: “My father’s illness is deep, I implore for mercy and help.”

The old monk put his palms together to return the courtesy, he said: “Shizu please get up. Shizu is humane and virtuous, you worry for all common people under the heaven, you refuse to let personal grudge damage the relationship between Song and Liao, such humanity and righteousness, no matter what request you have old monk will certainly carry it out. There is no need to be overly courteous.” Xiao Feng was elated, he kowtow twice and stood up. The old monk sigh again and said: “Senior Xiao shizu killed excessively and harm the innocent, Qiao SanHuai husband and wife, Great master XuanKu, you should not have killed them.”

Xiao YuanShan is a Khitan hero, although he is old but he is still uncouth and boorish, when he heard the criticizing remarks of the old monk he said brightly: “Old man is fully aware of my serious injuries, I am over 60 years old, my son is an adult now, even if I die now where is the regret? Divine monk wants old man to repent and admit my mistake, that I absolutely cannot do.” The old monk shake his head and said: “Old monk don’t dare. Repenting and admitting mistakes should come naturally from one’s heart, only then it is significant, if other people demand it there is no benefit at all. Senior shizu’s injuries are due to the training of Shaolin’s martial arts, the method to resolving must come from Buddhist doctrine.”

When he finish speaking he turn towards Murong Bo and said: “Senior Murong shizu face death with equanimity, naturally you don’t need old monk to dissuade you. However old monk wish to give some advice so that senior shizhu can eliminate ‘Yangbai’, ‘Lianquan’, ‘Fengfu’, the pain of thousand needles you experience 3 times a day on these acupoints, what do you think?”

Murong Bo change countenance, he cannot help but tremble slightly. His ‘Yangbai’, ‘Lianquan’ and ‘Fengfu’ acupoints, every morning, noon and midnight, he experience the pain of thousand needles piercing, the pain is truly unbearable, no matter what medication or elixir he consume it had absolutely no effect at all. Whenever he channel his internal energy the piercing pain will penetrate deep into his marrow. He experience this kind of pain daily, where is the joy in living? For the past few years his suffering became more difficult to deal with, thus he willingly seek death in exchange for Xiao Feng’s promise to send troops to attack Song nation, although he claims it is for the purpose of restoring Great Yan but part of the reason is also due to his desire to rid himself of this unpleasant aliment as it is simply too difficult to bear. Currently the old monk narrate the cause of his illness, his shock is truly no small matter. Base on his profound martial arts even if there is a sudden clap of thunder in bright day light he will be completely unfazed. However just a few simple sentence from the old monk is sufficient to make his heart jump in fear and trepidation, his terror endless. His body tremble twice, the violent pain in his ‘Yangbai’, ‘Lianquan’ and ‘Fengfu’ acupoints flare-up again. Originally it is not the time for the pain to flare-up, however his mind was shaken and the pain burst forth abruptly, thus he have no choice but to grit his teeth and bear with the pain forcefully.

Murong Fu is aware of his father’s competitive nature, he rather die than be humiliated by others, moreover he does not want to be like Xiao Feng, kneeling and begging the old monk for his father’s treatment, he cupped his hands towards Xiao father and son, he said: “The green hills will never change, clear water will always flow, we have to leave now for the time being. If you want to seek us for revenge, we will wait respectfully at Gusu Basin of Swallow’s Canhe Manor. He held out his right hand towards Murong Bo and said: “Father, let us go now!”

The old monk said: “Unexpectedly you have the heart to make your esteemed father suffer this bone piercing pain?”

Murong Fu’s complexion turn deathly pale, he pull his father’s hand and start to walk away.

Xiao Feng shouted: “You want to leave? You think you can be let off so lightly? Your father is ill, a real man does not take advantage of other’s precarious position, I will let him off for the time being. But you have no illness or pain!” Murong Fu’s anger rush forth, he shouted: “Then I will simply receive brother Xiao wise move!” Xiao Feng did not waste time speaking, with a ‘Hu’ sound, he executed a move from [28 Dragon Subduing Palm], "Meeting Dragon at the Field", and smack his palm violently at Murong Fu. Xiao Feng knew the space in Scripture-Depository Pavilion is narrow, there are many experts around, it is not convenient to prolong this fight, thus he put in 100% of his power in order to kill his enemy within a few moves. Murong Fu saw the incoming palm force is violent, he summoned all his strength and prepare to use [Start Shifting Movement] to neutralize.

The old monk put his pair of hands together and said: “Emituofo, this place is a sacred Buddhist site, shizhu must not act rashly.”

Just by putting his palms together, an invisible barrier appeared between Xiao Feng and Murong Fu. Xiao Feng’s earth shattering palm force crash into this barrier and disappeared without a trace in an instant.

Xiao Feng trembled with fear, ever since he became an accomplished martial artist, he has never lost to anyone in terms of martial arts, he knew that this old monk’s internal energy is far stronger than his own, the gap is simply too wide, since the old monk intervened he will not be able to take revenge today. His father’s internal injuries came to his mind, he bow and said: “I am an uncouth commoner with no proper etiquette, I offended divine monk, please forgive me.”

The old monk smile and said: “You are too kind, you are too kind. Old monk really respect Xiao shizhu, you truly have the bearings of a great hero, Xiao shizhu is fully deserving of your reputation.” Xiao Feng said: “The sins committed by my father are all due to me, I beg divine monk to treat him, I will receive the guilt for the sins, ten thousand deaths will not stop me.”

The old monk smile faintly and said: “Old monk said it before, to treat senior Xiao shizhu’s internal injuries, it must come from Buddhist doctrine. Buddha is born from the heart, Buddha is awareness. Outsiders can only advice, they cannot perform in place. I wish to ask senior Xiao shizhu: If you have the ability to treat injuries, the internal injuries of senior Murong shizhu, you willing to treat it for him?”

Xiao YuanShan was startled, he said: “I…..senior Murong…..i perform treatment for that old fellow?” Murong Fu shouted: “Watch your mouth!” Xiao YuanShan gnash his teeth and said: “Murong old fellow killed my beloved wife, destroy my entire life. I want to hack him into thousand pieces, turn him into mincemeat.” The old monk said: “If senior Murong shizhu does not meet with a violent death in front of you, you cannot eliminate this hatred?” Xiao YuanShan said: “Correct. For the past 30 years, day and night, old man only thought about this blood debt.”

The old monk nod his head and said: “Then it is simple.” He stroll forward, extend his hand and smack the top of Murong Bo’s head.

Initially when Murong Bo saw the old monk move forward he pay no attention, when the monk extend his hand and smack the top of his head he raised his left hand quickly to block, he was afraid his opponent’s martial art is excessively powerful, thus when he raised his hand his body immediately float backwards. The martial arts handed down by his Murong family is already extremely profound, after the study of Shaolin’s 72 supreme consummate skills, it is like a tiger that has grown wings, this raising of hand to block, body floating backwards, it may appear simple and nothing unusual, but in reality the defensive move is tight and elegant, it can be said to be the highest limits of perfection, there cannot be anything better. Everyone in the pavilion are all martial art experts, when they saw him execute these two moves they applaud secretly, even Xiao father and son cannot help but admire greatly.

But who would have expect the old monk’s palm to land softly, with a ‘Bo’ sound it hit right at the middle of Murong Bo’s forehead, above the ‘Baihui acupoint’. Murong Bo’s body tremble violently, his breathing stop immediately and he collapsed.

Murong Fu was startled, he rush forward to support and shout: “Father, father!” however his father’s eyes are shut, no air coming from his nostril, he hastily hold out his hand to touch his chest, the heart stop beating as well. Murong Fu felt a mix of anger and sadness, he never expect this old monk who keeps talking about merciful heart and Dharma to commit such evil act, he shouted: “You….you…..you old bald thief!” he lean his father’s body against a pillar, his body flew forward, he thrust both palms violently at the old monk.

The old monk did not appear to see it and ignored him completely. When Murong Fu push his palms within 2 chi of the old monk, suddenly he collide with an invisible energy wall, he seems to have bump into a fishing net, although the palm force is violent but it have no place to land, the force rebound off the invisible wall and hit a bookshelf. The incoming force is violent, naturally the counter-force must also be extremely powerful, however his palm force was completely dissipated by the invisible wall, afterwards he was pushed away lightly, thus when his back hit the bookshelf, the bookshelf did not topple over, moreover not a single book drop down from the pile of scriptures on the bookshelf.

Murong Fu is extremely astute, although he is distressed by his father’s death, but he knew the old monk’s martial art is more than 10 times higher, even if he use his full strength there is nothing he can do against him, at once he lean against the bookshelf and pretend to gasp for breath continuously, in his mind he plot secretly on how to catch him off guard with a sneak attack.

The old monk turn towards Xiao YuanShan and said dimly: “Senior Xiao shizhu wish to witness the violent death of senior Murong shizhu personally to quell the hatred in your heart. Now senior Murong shizhu is dead, senior Xiao shizhu must be calm now?”

Xiao YuanShan saw the old monk kill Murong Bo with a single strike, originally he was incomparably astonished, but when he heard his query his heart cannot help but feel empty, he was speechless.

For the past 30 years, he rack his brain endlessly, he want to avenge his wife, the hatred of having his son taken away. He hid in the vicinity of Shaolin temple, he found out that XuanCi is the chief person who killed his wife, however he did not want to kill him in secret, he intend to use a cruel method to avenge this blood debt publicly, afterwards he found out that abbot XuanCi had an illicit relationship with Ye ErNiang, he had a son, thus he snatch the son away from Ye ErNiang and let both of them experience the pain of losing their son. He killed all the heroes from Central Plains who participated in the massacre at YanMen Pass, even great master XuanKu and Qiao SanHuai husband and wife was killed by him, later he announced the adultery between XuanCi and Ye ErNiang to the crowd of heroes, make him lose all his reputation, it can be said he managed to complete his revenge thoroughly. But soon after he learn about identity of the crafty villain who spread false news which led to the disaster, the person also hid beside Shaolin temple and fought 3 times with him, Murong Bo, Xiao YuanShan’s heart was filled with anger and directed his anger entirely on Murong Bo, he cannot wait to feed on his flesh and strip his skin, pluck his tendon and cook his bones. Who would have imagined the sudden appearance of a nameless old monk, seemingly without much effort he killed this great enemy with a single palm. In an instant he felt as if his body in high in the clouds, fluttering lightly, the world seems to have no place for him.

When Xiao YuanShan was young his heroism soared to the clouds, he mastered a superb set of martial arts, but because his revered teacher is a Han Chinese from the south, when he took up the post of military drill master of Liao’s Coral Army, he offered advice to Liao emperor and Empress Dowager repeatedly and advocate a solid alliance between Song and Liao, he dispelled many great war and disaster between Song and Liao, his wife is his childhood sweetheart, both of them love each other deeply, soon after their marriage they had a son, his mind became clear and bright, his spirit high and vigorous. Unexpectedly a strange twist of events occurred at YanMen Pass, he did not die after falling into the valley, but he became a completely different person, what glorious undertaking, fame and position, everything appeared insignificant before his eyes, day and night he only think about how to kill his enemy to avenge this great hatred. Originally he was a simple and bold hero, when his heart was filled with hate, unexpectedly he became more and more perverse. He lived near Shaolin temple for over 10 years, hiding by day and coming out at night, he practice martial arts diligently, on a year-to year basis he never spoke more than 2 sentence with others, his temperament undergo a huge change.

Now the great hatred finally avenged, it is reasonable to say that he should be extremely happy, however he only felt indiscernible loneliness and desolation, he felt there is nothing left in this world for him to do, no purpose in being alive. He look askance at Murong Bo who is leaning against the pillar, Murong Bo’s expression is gentle, a faint smile can be seen from the corner of his mouth, he seems to be much happier dead than alive. Xiao YuanShan felt a faint sense of envy at Murong Bo’s good fortune, death ends all trouble, everything written off with 1 stroke. He felt bleakness in his heart: “The great enemy is dead, I completed my revenge. But where should I go? Return to Great Liao? To do what? Live in seclusion at YanMen Pass? To do what? Bring Feng-er and roam about the world, drifting the four seas? For what purpose?”

The old monk said: “Senior Xiao shizhu, where you want to go, you may go now.” Xiao YuanShan shake his head and said: “I….where should I go? There is no place for me to go.” The old monk said: “I killed senior Murong shizhu, you did not avenge it personally, thus you must have some regret, correct?” Xiao YuanShan said: “No! Even if you did not kill him, I also don’t want to kill him.” The old monk nod his head and said: “Correct! But this young hero Murong is distressed by his father’s death, he will seek old monk and you for revenge, what should we do?”

Xiao YuanShan was dispirited, he said: “Great monk act on my behalf, if young hero Murong wants revenge, he can simply kill me.” He sigh and said: “It is a good thing if he comes to kill me. Feng-er, return back to Great Liao. We completed our work here, this is the end of the journey.” Xiao Feng shouted: “Father, you……….”

The old monk said: “If young hero Murong kills you, your son will surely kill young hero Murong for revenge, this endless revenge and hatred, when will it end? Why not let me bear all the guilt in this world!” he took one step forward, raised his palm and smack towards the top of Xiao YuanShan’s head.

Xiao Feng was startled, since this old monk can kill Murong Bo with a single palm, he is certainly capable of killing his father, he shout loudly: “Stop!” he push out with both palm and smack violently towards the old monk’s chest. Originally he had complete reverence towards this old monk, however for the sake of saving his father he can only go all out with his full strength. The old monk extend his left palm and block the incoming force from Xiao Feng’s twin palm, his right palm is still directed towards the top of Xiao YuanShan’s head.

Xiao YuanShan did not even think about resisting, he saw the old monk’s right palm is about to hit his forehead, suddenly the old monk shout loudly, his right palm change direction and strike towards Xiao Feng.

Xiao Feng’s twin palm is locked in stalemate with the old monk’s left palm, suddenly he saw the old monk’s right palm turn around and attack him, at once he extract his left palm to block, at the same time he shouted out: “Father, leave quickly, leave quickly!” unexpectedly the old monk’s right palm change direction midway, it is an empty move, its purpose is to divert a palm away from Xiao Feng’s twin palm so as to reduce the power directed at his own body. When Xiao Feng move his left palm, the old monk immediately circle his right palm, with a light ‘Bo’ sound he hit the top of Xiao YuanShan’s head.

At this moment, Xiao Feng’s right palm arrived, with a ‘Peng’ sound it land heavily on the old monk’s chest. The old monk smile faintly and said: “What a fine skill!” when he blurt out the word ‘skill’ he immediately spurt a mouthful of blood.

Xiao Feng was stumped, he rush over to support his father, however his breathing had stopped, his heart no longer beating, he is already dead, Xiao Feng was overcame by sorrow momentarily, he did not know what to do.

The old monk said: “It is time, we should leave!” his right hand grab hold of the back of Xiao YuanShan’s neck, his left hand grab hold of the back of Murong Bo’s neck, he opened up his stride, unexpectedly he seems to be walking on empty air, he took a few steps and step out of the window.

Xiao Feng and Murong Fu shouted in unison: “You….what you doing?” both of them thrust out their palm at the old monk’s back. Moments ago both of them have irreconcilables differences, both parties cannot coexist together, currently their fathers met with the same disaster, unexpectedly they share the same anger and enemy, they join hands and attack the enemy together. The power of their palm combines together, its strength gigantic. Under the influence of their palm wind, the old monk is like a kite and flew forward by several zhang, his pair of hands still holding onto both corpses, three bodies as light as feather as if not made of flesh and blood.

Xiao Feng leap up quickly and give chase outside the window, he saw the old monk holding onto two corpses, running straight up the mountain. Xiao Feng hasten his footsteps, he assume he would be able to catch up with just a few steps, unexpectedly the old monk’s lightness martial art is strange, he has never seen it before in his life, the old monk seems to possess some kind of sorcery. Xiao Feng spare no effort to give chase, he felt the incoming wind is like a blade scraping his face, he knew his movement speed is already strangely quick, however the old monk is still 2-3 zhang away from him, he thrust out his palm repeatedly but it just hit empty air.

In the desolate mountain the old monk suddenly made a turn east and shift west, he arrive at a flat land in the middle of a forest, he put the two corpse underneath a tree, their legs crossed and sitting down, he himself sitting behind the two corpse, his two palm separately pressing against the back of the two corpse. As he sat down, Xiao Feng so happen to arrive as well.

Xiao Feng saw the old monk is acting strangely, thus he did not step forward to attack. He heard the old monk said: “I carry them and make them run around for a while to help circulate their blood.” Xiao Feng was flabbergasted, let a dead person circulate blood, what is the purpose? He blurted out: “Circulate their blood?” the old monk said: “Their internal injuries are too serious, they have to enter a sleeping state where they stop breathing, only then the treatment can be administered.” Xiao Feng’s heart was shaken: “Don’t tell me my father is still alive? He….he is treating my father’s injuries? Where is the logic in killing someone before providing treatment?”

Not long after, Murong Fu, Jiumozhi, XuanYin, XuanSheng, ShengShan, etc, they arrived as well, they saw white smoke emitting from the top of the head of the two corpses.

The old monk spin both corpse around, face to face, the corpse’s hands grasping each other mutually, Murong Fu shouted: “You…you….what you doing?” the old monk did not reply, he walk slowly around the corpses, his hands smacking repeatedly, sometimes he hit Xiao YuanShan’s “Dazhui acupoint”, sometimes he hit Murong Bo’s “Yuzhen acupoint”, however the smoke emitting from the top of the head of the two corpses are getting thicker.

After the time needed to drink a cup of tea, Xiao YuanShan’s body and Murong Bo’s body tremble slightly at the same time. Xiao Feng and Murong Fu was pleasantly surprised, they shouted: ‘Father father!” Xiao YuanShan and Murong Bo open their eyes slowly, they glance at each other and close their eyes immediately. However Xiao YuanShan’s face is bright red, faint green light is emitting from Murong Bo’s face.

At this moment everyone finally understood, moments ago when the old monk attacked the two men at the Scripture-Depository Pavilion, he merely halt their breathing and stop their heart form beating temporary, its truly a high-level method for treating serious internal injuries. People with profound internal energy will often train [Turtle Breathing Skill], that is only voluntary stoppage of breathing, however to hit someone else to stop their breathing and yet not kill them, that is truly unimaginable. Since this old monk had good intentions he could have notified in advance, why the need to play this big joke and cause Xiao Feng and Murong Fu to be alarmed and angry, moreover he even have to suffer a palm strike from Xiao Feng and spurt blood? Everyone still had doubts and suspicions, however seeing the old monk launch his palm repeatedly with rapt attention, nobody dare to make any inquiry.

Xiao YuanShan and Murong Bo’s breathing became louder and heavier gradually, soon after Xiao YuanShan’s complexion turn red, eventually reaching a point where it is about to start dripping blood, Murong Bo’s complexion however became more and more green, his oily green complexion is extremely terrifying. The spectators by the side knew that one of them is suffering from excessive yang energy, clashing of excess internal heat, the other however is suffering from excessive yin energy, chill trapped internally. XuanYin, XuanSheng and DaoQing, they carried miracle medicine for treatment of injuries, however they did not know how to prescribe the correct cure for the illness.

Suddenly the old monk shouted out: “Duo! Four hands grasping mutually, inner breath answering one another, using yin to subdue yang, using yang to neutralize yin. The great ambition to rule, sea of blood deep in hatred, return everything to dust, disappear into nothingness!”

Originally Xiao YuanShan and Murong Bo’s hands are gripping each other, listening to the old monk shout out, they cannot help but tighten their grip, their own inner breath rush towards each other, abundance filling up the deficient, individually the redness disappear and the green decline, they turn pale white, after a while their complexion became normal, they open their eyes simultaneously and smile at each other.

Xiao Feng and Murong Fu saw their fathers smile, both of them are comforted beyond description. Xiao YuanShan and Murong Bo stand up together hand in hand, they kneel down in front of the old monk at the same time. The old monk said: “Both of you from life till death, from death till life, you walk once through, do you still have anything that you are unable to let go of? If you died just now, do you still have the intention to restore Great Yan, or to avenge your wife?”

Xiao YuanShan said: “Disciple wasted 30 years staying in Shaolin temple, I did not have the slightest compassionate heart of a Buddhist disciple, I earnestly request master to accept me.” The old monk said: “You do not wish to avenge your wife anymore?” Xiao YuanShan said: “Disciple killed more than a hundred people in my entire life, if the family members of those that I killed came to demand vengeance, even if disciple dies a hundred times, it is still not enough.”

The old monk turn around and said to Murong Bo: “And you?” Murong Bo smile faintly and said: “The life of a peasant is dust, the life of a monarch is also dust. To restore Great Yan is just emptiness, not restoring Great Yan is also emptiness.” The old monk laugh out loudly and said: “You have achieved supreme enlightenment, excellent, excellent!” Murong Bo said: “I beseech master to accept me as disciple to enlighten me further.” The old monk said: “Both of you want to become a monk, you have to first request tonsure from the great masters of Shaolin temple. I have a few things to say, there is no harm in telling you.” At once he sat upright to expound Buddhist teachings.

Xiao Feng and Murong Fu saw their father kneeling down, immediately after they followed and kneel down as well. XuanYin, XuanSheng, ShenShan, ShenYin, DaoQing, etc, they listen to the old monk explain the exquisite point of Buddhist teachings, they cannot help but be delighted, their respect and admiration slowly arose, each and every one kneel down as well.

When Duan Yu arrived, he heard the old monk explaining the finer points of Buddhism, he only want to go round and look at the old monk’s appearance, unexpectedly Jiumozhi made a sneak attack, his chest was hit by [Blazing Sabre Skill].

------End of Chapter 43-----------

Thanks d4rksinz

Thanks for another update!

A superb winding down of another thread! Thks d4rksinz.

truly a deep translation with an exquisite rendering of esoteric Buddhist doctrines. Tq very much.

Thanks, d4rksinz.

Both Xiao Feng and Murong Fu attacked the Sweeper Monk, Sweeper Monk did not defend with any palm moves against Murong Fu while he did some defensive palm moves against Xiao Feng and yet he spurted a mouthful of blood. It clearly shows how far from each other the martial arts of Xiao Feng and Murong Fu.

Also, per Sweeper Monk's admonition to Jiumozhi, when Carefree Sect's Minor Formless Skill is used with the Shaolin's 72 Consummate Skills then those 72 skills will suffer some deviation, then its full powers can't be manifested or delivered. I guess, Minor Formless Skill is truly only compatible with the Carefree Sect's various "also consummate" skills to show and administer its maximum potential.

Great update!
    Last edited by Jayariyin; 04-12-14 at 07:05 AM.

Another thing:

When Jiumozhi thought of Xu Zhu previously using the Minor Formless Skill and he said to Sweeper Monk, “[Minor Formless Skill], although it is of Taoist origins but there are quite a few Buddhist disciple who practice it...", it seems to me that Jiumozhi is not yet aware that Xu Zhu learned this skill directly from the Carefree Sect. Didn't he hear that Xu Zhu is the current Carefree Sect Chief when Carefree Sect's multitude of disciples were shouting and cheering for Xu Zhu in his fight against the Xingxiu Old Freak Ding Chunqiu?

The Sweeper Monk is really all-knowing. When I think all Xuan Generation seniors, (are they the most senior at that time in Shaolin?), did not recognize Jiumozhi's use of the Minor Formless Skill when demonstrating his own Shaolin's 72 Consummate Skills and yet here now Sweeper Monk revealed Jiumozhi's secret. So no happening at Shaolin truly escapes from Sweeper Monk's knowledge. I think aside from the three Carefree Sect's seniors and two juniors, Xu Zhu and Jiumozhi, only Sweeper Monk knew of this Minor Formless Skill. Is the Sweeper Monk in the same generation with WYZ, TSTL and LQS? This is very probable.
    Last edited by Jayariyin; 04-12-14 at 09:15 PM.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Sweeper monk had to divert his inner power to strike xys and block xf. Other wise he could have stopped xf's strike easy

Tonglao calls the Xuan generation monks "little monks", and says that she is the same generation as Lingmen (the order being Ling, Xuan, Hui, Xu), which means she is one level of seniority higher than the Xuan monks.

The Sweeper Monk should be older than the Xuan generation, it's possible that he was acquainted with the Xiaoyao Sect people and their skills.

It seems that he didn't leave the monastery for several decades though, as he oversaw the arrival and martial progress of Murong Bo and Xiao Yuanshan.

My theory is that he encountered Xiaoyao sect members earlier in their heyday, when Wuyazi/Tonglao/Li Qiushui were still roaming Jianghu. His martial arts had to be very accomplished by then to survive an encounter with the Xiaoyao people and learn about their skills.

Thanks d4rksinz

Dear d4rksinz
    whenever I read your translations I feel it's such a faithful rendition of the original text. But what is amazing is that you are able to translate it into such good and flowing English too. Big Thanks.