Page 62 of 77 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1522

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

Quote Originally Posted by deathblade View Post
    There are three. Duan Yu, Qiao Feng and Xuzhu. You barely broke the surface of the story.
    Yes. At least those 3 mc you mentioned. It is debateable whether the iron mask guy can be considered mc or not. Xu zhu is the last mc that showed up. I think he showed up either in book 2 or book 3.

The 8 dragon in the chinese title name may refer to 8 important figure in this story. However, i have not really think this idea through / remember where i heard this idea from.

Quote Originally Posted by deathblade View Post
    There are three. Duan Yu, Qiao Feng and Xuzhu. You barely broke the surface of the story.
    334 pages is not little( I had the same opinion after only 57 pages but I see what you mean, compared to the rest of the story...), are you saying in next books there are no ridiculous stuff like pulling ankles in a "train" inside a tunnel or the same thing guys pulling each other(there is a childrens story in my country at least, on a farm boy tried to pull the carrot but couldn't so his sis got behind him and pulled him, then mom, father, grandma, grandfather...) and falling on top of the main idiot? There are some other things which I don't like but are not so specific or unrealistic (well obviously this was supposed to be funny but to me it's just stupid)
    Ah I don't mean to spit on the story and get in a arguement, just trying to clarify if it has potential to be liked by me XD

Quote Originally Posted by (yoYo) View Post
    334 pages is not little( I had the same opinion after only 57 pages but I see what you mean, compared to the rest of the story...), are you saying in next books there are no ridiculous stuff like pulling ankles in a "train" inside a tunnel or the same thing guys pulling each other(there is a childrens story in my country at least, on a farm boy tried to pull the carrot but couldn't so his sis got behind him and pulled him, then mom, father, grandma, grandfather...) and falling on top of the main idiot? There are some other things which I don't like but are not so specific or unrealistic (well obviously this was supposed to be funny but to me it's just stupid)
    Ah I don't mean to spit on the story and get in a arguement, just trying to clarify if it has potential to be liked by me XD
    This book I didn't really like either. Jin Yong wrote his stuff many decades ago, so sometimes the humor or "cool" things don't translate into modern times.
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

Well I think most people find Qiao Feng's story to be by far the most entertaining, so maybe give his part a try. He will be the second main character introduced. I feel like most TV adapations have him as THE main character, since he really does glue the whole story together.

It was a decent novel but the 3 characters had flaws that do not endear them to the readers
    What I think of these 3:
    click to show/hide spoilers

QF - died in the end. I went like "WTF". Supposed to be man-of-the-world and tough as nail but gave too much way to his sis-in-law
    DY - sisssssssssssssssy. absolute backbone-less.
    Xuzhu - the build-up from super-simpleton-nice-guy to normal badass top martial artist took too long. As soon as his character is established, he virtually disappeared from the novel (except for the arc on his marriage). Me think QF's sis-in-law has more story-time than this bald simpleton...

You can like wherever you want dudez, it's called preference. But the stories are not stupid, it's classic.
    lolz never in my mind ever I connect that line to that fairy tales. All I read is that how awesome the Northen darkness is. Duan yu, Duanyu, why didn't you finished learned Northern darkness instead ripping it off in fit or ardent desire.

How about Murong fu. he's cool. Even though he is bad guy.

Yoyo, don't forget you can read a summary on wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demi-Gods_and_Semi-Devils
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

Thank you guys for your wonderful translations!! I am so pumped for the 5th book.

Is this still ongoing!? is Duan Yu Dead????

Is anyone in the middle of translating Chs. 44-50? If not, I'd like to give it a go. I've translated part of 44 already.

hahahabote, PLEASE PLEASE go ahead, you are godsend

Quote Originally Posted by hahahabote View Post
    Is anyone in the middle of translating Chs. 44-50? If not, I'd like to give it a go. I've translated part of 44 already.
    Couple of people were working, including Jenxi. Maybe you should connect?

Thanks jack. hahahabote, please get in touch with me. =)
    WuxiaSociety Forum
    Wuxia translations on WuxiaSociety

We are looking for translators. Contact us if you are interested.

Is chapter 44 being worked on

Seems like everyone stopped...

Quote Originally Posted by ninjasam17 View Post
    Seems like everyone stopped...
    I hope not! I am still waiting and hoping.

This one of most recognized work of Jin Yong...unfortunately no one is able to translate this . Admittedly it is supposed to be a tough book to translate..hope someone can pull in these last few chapters.
    Last edited by Abhay; 11-26-15 at 05:16 AM.

Yes very unfortunate... it has been almost 10 years

Any translator want to take this up??
    Last edited by ninjasam17; 01-05-16 at 08:18 PM.

a soft bump