Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1522

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

Can anyone provide the link to raws for this novel?

Thanks MrCommunist.

Any chance for this translation to continue anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by MrCommunist View Post
    I did 'google translate' the last part of this version. I think it is NOT the last version (i.e. version 3), as Wang yuyan in this is still married to Duan Yu.

Anyone has the last version's link ?

All we need is chapter 44 on and we will be finished!

Quote Originally Posted by ninjasam17 View Post
    All we need is chapter 44 on and we will be finished!
    Why?...are the rest of chapters already done?

Quote Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
    Why?...are the rest of chapters already done?
    Everything before and on chapter 43 is done, just chapter 44 onwards

Rough translation of chapter 50 has already been done by Temujin. It's in this thread.

Anyone interested in translating chapter 44 onwards?

A big thanks to all the translators for the enormous amount of time and effort it has taken to translate a "novel" of this size!

A small bump to make sure that chapter 44 onwards is not forgotten

Chanced upon the following when looking for a wuxia illustration to update my Facebook Cover-photo :
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ylib.com/hotsale/jin_picture/images/image_11.jpg')

Is it Xiao Feng ?

Anyhow, if you like it, you're welcome to download it for yourself here
    « I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. » — 弗拉基米爾·弗拉基米羅維奇·納博科夫

Default Chapter 44 - Foolishly seeking a lovely marriage, but where lies the main destiny?

After waiting years for Chapter 44 I decided to try to translate part of it by myself - this is not finished and it's my first attempt doing this so please be forgiving! Unfortunately this chapter seems to be a whole lot of fluff between DY and Zhong Ling. Just a point to note: DY frequently addresses ZL as Mei-zi which both means [younger sister] and was also used as a term of endearment between lovers in China. Hence, ZL is still unaware that he literally means that she is his younger sister. I don't completely understand some parts so I have translated them loosely by impression to something that seems to make sense.

Chapter 44 - Foolishly seeking a lovely marriage, but where lies the main destiny?

Duan Yu drifted in and out of consciousness. Slowly regaining his senses after an unknown length of time, he opened his eyes to see a cloth canopy and found himself within the blankets of a bed. He was still in a state of confusion. Thinking hard, he only recalled that he had suffered the consequences of Jiumozhi’s plot. He could not recall how he got into the bed. Feeling that his mouth was strangely parched, he sat up and tried to move a little and felt a terrible pain in his chest. “AH!” he could not help but yell out.

A young lady’s voice called from outside the room. “Master Duan is awake! Master Duan is awake!” Her voice was filled with joy. Duan Yu felt that this girl’s voice was familiar but could not pinpoint it. He then saw a girl dressed in green dashing into the room. A chubby face with dimples – indeed it was Zhong Ling whom he’d met at Wuliang Palace several years back.

Zhong Ling met his gaze and blushed, saying in an attempted joking tone: “Have you long forgotten me? Do you still remember my name?”

Duan Yu saw her expression and recalled to mind an image of her sitting on the ceiling beam of Wuliang Palace’s great hall, both legs waving and chewing on melon seeds. At this moment, he recalled even the yellow embroidery flowers on her pair of green shoes in great clarity. “Where are your yellow flower-embroidered shoes?” he asked.

Zhong Ling blushed again, overjoyed. With a small laugh, she replied: “They wore out long ago. Trust you to remember those. You… You really haven’t forgotten me!” Duan Yu laughed, “Why aren’t you eating melon seeds?” Zhong Ling said: “I’ve been tending to your injuries these few days and almost went mad with anxiety. Who would have the time to eat melon seeds?” Upon saying those words, she felt that she’d revealed her true feelings too much and blushed terribly.

Duan Yu gazed at her intenty, thinking that she could be counted as his wife since the beginning. Who would have thought that she would turn out to be his sister? He sighed and said: “My dear sister, how did you get here?”

Zhong Ling’s face was still red. Eyes shining with delight, she said: “After you left Wan Jie Valley, you never came to see me. I was very upset with you. Duan Yu said: “Why upset?” Zhong Ling gave him him a sideways glance and said: “Upset that you’d forgotten me.”

Duan Yu saw only sincerity in her gaze and was moved. “My dear sister!” he exclaimed. Zhong Ling laughingly scolded him: “Now that you’ve addressed me so affectionately this time, you surely have to come and see me at least this once. I could not rest and went to the Zhennan Palace to seek news. I then found out that you went off with a wicked monk. I was so anxious that I could not help but come and find you.”

Duan Yu asked: “Regarding my father and your mother, has your mother explained it to you?” Zhong Ling replied: “What matter? That night when you left with your father, my mother fainted and was not well for some time. She would keep weeping every time she saw me. I forced her to speak but she would not say a word.”

Duan Yu said: “En, she didn’t say a word. That… that means you don’t know.” “Know what?” Zhong Ling asked. Duan Yu replied: “Don’t know that you are my… you are my…”

Zhong Ling flushed scarlet and bowed her head. Hesitantly, she said: “I knew... That day when we came out from the stone house, as you were carrying me you suddenly met many people and I was both terrified and bashful. I could only keep my eyes shut. However, your father’s words… I heard them all clearly.”

Both she and Duan Yu recalled the day in the stone house when Duan Zhengchun said to Zhong Wanchou: “Ling loves to serve Duan Yu in this house. Given time, a boy and girl undressed in a small dark room, what good can come out of it? My son is the Zhennan prince. Although he cannot marry her as the lawful wife, why can’t she be the third or fourth wife? Would we not be in-laws then? Ha ha!

Duan Yu saw that she was blushing terribly and stammered: “My dear sister… so you still… still don’t know the issue. This… this will never work out.” Zhong Ling cut in: “Is it because of Sister Mu?” Duan Yu said: “No. She… She is also my…” Zhong Ling smiled, “Your father still said something about a third or fourth wife. It’s not that I don’t give want to her but she’s extremely fierce, would I be able to beat her? She stuck out her tongue as she said it.

Duan Yu saw that she was still a picture of brilliant innocence. At the same time, his chest gave pain again. It was not a convenient time to explain the truth to her. He then asked: “How did you get here?”

Zhong Ling said: “I have been searching for you the whole way even to the east and west of the Central Plains but I heard no news whatsoever. I coincidentally met your disciple Yue the Third a few days ago. Although he did not see me, I heard him discussing with others that all the chivalrous heroes need to gather at Shaolin Temple as there was going to be a big and lively event. He told them to come. However, the wicked man Yun Zhongyue sneered and him and said that he would see his master soon. Yue the Third flew into a rage and said that when he saw you he would break your neck. I was both happy and anxious, so I quietly followed along. I was afraid to be spotted by Yue the Third and Yun Zhongyu and so I did not dare to follow to closely, but wandered around the base of the mountain haphazardly. I wanted to warn you to be cautious that your disciple wanted to break your neck. When I came across this uninhabited house, I moved in without reservation.”

Duan Yu heard her speak of matters lightly but her face was flushed with emotion. She no longer seemed carefree like before. Young as she was, she had gone through much difficulty wandering alone throughout the Jianghu to find him. Her feelings toward him were genuine indeed. He impulsively stretched out his hand to hold hers and said in a low voice: “My dear sister, at least Heaven took pity (on us) and allowed me to see you again!”

Zhong Ling laughed and said: “Yes, at least Heaven felt sorry for us indeed and let us see each other again. Sitting down on the bed, she asked: “How is it that you came here then?” Duan Yu said to her, eyes wide: “I was just about to ask you that, how did I get here? I only recall that the evil monk did a sneak attack on me and I took a hit of his Formless Saber skill to the chest, taking a heavy injury. I know nothing after that.”

Zhong Ling frowned and said: “That’s really strange! Yesterday evening, I was picking vegetables in the garden. I had washed and cut the vegetables in the kitchen all ready to cook when I heard a moan in the room. It gave me a fright and I took the vegetable knife and entered the room. I only saw that there was a person sleeping on my bed and asked a few times: “Who are you?” There was no reply. I thought it was a bad person and raised the vegetable knife, ready to stab it into the person sleeping on the bed. Fortunately… fortunately you were sleeping face-up. Before the knife pierced you, I got a glimpse of your face and at that moment… I almost fainted from the shock. I didn’t even realise that the knife had fallen to the floor. “ At this point, she patted her chest a few times, recalling the shock of that moment.

Duan Yu pondered: “This place is not far from Shaolin Temple. It should be that someone sent me here after I was injured.” Zhong Ling continued: “I called to you a few times but you only moaned and ignored me. I felt your forehead and you were running a terrible fever. Your clothes were soaked with fresh blood and it was obvious to me that you were injured. However, when I exposed the wound, it was well bandaged. I was gripped in confusion and dared not open the securing string. After waiting for a long while, you were still unconscious. Ai! I was both happy and in a panic, not knowing what to do with you.”

Zhong Ling’s expression suddenly stiffened and she said: “You aren’t a good person. If I’d known earlier that you lack a conscience, I would have long forgotten you. I’ll ignore you from now onwards, regardless of whether you live or die.”

Duan Yu said: “What? Why are you suddenly angry now?” Zhong Ling hummed and said pointedly: “You know very well, why ask me?” Duan Yu replied in a panic: “I… I definitely don’t know. My dear sister, tell me!” Zhong Ling retorted: “Pooh! Who’s your dear sister? What did you say in your dreams? You remember and still ask me? You’re really ungrateful!” Duan Yu asked: “What did I say while dreaming? That must have been nonsense and not accurate. Ah! I remember! I must have seen you in my dream and being very fond of you, I must have spoken rashly and offended you.”

Zhong Ling suddenly teared and said dejectedly: “You’re still lying to me at this time. Who did you actually dream of?” Duan Yu sighed and said: “When I was injured, I was unconscious and really did not know what nonsense I said.” Zhong Ling suddenly exclaimed: “Who is Miss Wang? Who is Miss Wang? Why did you keep calling her when you were in a daze?”

Duan Yu’s chest ached and said: “Did I call Miss Wang’s name?” Zhong Ling said: “Why aren’t you calling her? You kept calling her while in a daze. Even now, you’re still thinking of her. Fine! Go and call Miss Wang to tend to you. I don’t care any more!” Duan Yu sighed a few times and said: “Miss Wang’s heart has no space for me. I only think of her but it is useless.” Zhong Ling asked: “Why?” Duan Yu replied: “She only likes her cousin and has ignored me completely all this while.”

Zhong Ling’s mood brightened and she laughed. “Thank heavens, the wicked get their just desserts!” Duan Yu asked: “Me, wicked?” Zhong Ling tilted her head and laughed, hair style coming partly undone: “Your disciple Yue the Third is one of the Three Evils. If the disciple is so evil, the master is definitely even more so.” Duan Yu laughed and said: “What about the Master-Wife? Does Yue the Third not call you Master-Wife? As he uttered the words, he immediately regretted them. “How can I speak such careless words to my biological sister?”

Zhong Ling blushed again and spat, but her heart was much appeased. She stood up and went to the kitchen to bring out a bowl of chicken soup, saying: “This soup has been boiling for half a day, waiting for you to awaken without once putting out the fire.” Duan Yu replied: I really don’t know how to thank you.” Seeing Zhong Ling bringing the soup over, he tried to sit up but aggravated his chest injury again. He could not help but groan.

Zhong Ling busily said: “Don’t get up. I will feed the little evil ancestor.””What little evil ancestor?” Duan Yu asked. Zhong Ling said: “You are the master of the wicked man. Is that not being the little evil ancestor?” Duan Yu laughed and said: “Then you are…” Zhong Ling brandished a spoonful of soup at his face and said in mock anger: “Watch me splash you with hot soup if you keep talking nonsense again!”Duan Yu stretched out his tongue and said: “I don’t dare! Miss Wicked Girl, wicked aunts are indeed formidable and very evil!” Zhong Ling let out a smile, and almost splashed Duan Yu with the soup. Duan Yu with great presence of mind tasted that the soup was not too hot before swallowing it.

Duan Yu drank a few mouthfuls of chicken soup and admired her looks and her jade-like complexion. He thought: “Such a pity that she’s my biological sister! Ai, if the one now feeding me chicken soup was Miss Wang, even it were poison I would still drink it."

Zhong Ling saw him vacantly staring at her and never in her wildest dreams imagined that he was thinking of someone else. She smiled and said: “What’s so good to look at?”

There was a sudden sound. Someone was pushing the door aside to enter, followed by a teenage girl’s voice saying: “Let’s take a break here for a while.” A man’s voice said: “Good, if we tired you out I would not forgive myself. The girl snapped back: “Nonsense!”

---

Duan Yu heard the two voices and recognised them to be A-Zi and Beggar Clan Chief Zhuang Juxian. Although he had not met A-zi or spoken to her personally before, he knew that she was another illegitimate daughter of his father’s from what Zhu Danchen told him. Yet another sister! Thank goodness he had no prior involvement with her. This younger sister had been under the guidance of the Xing Su elder since young and was tainted by evil ways. With her wilful ways, the four Zhennan Palace protectors had fallen to her petty anger. Duan Yu had been close to the four protectors since young. On recalling their deaths, he had no wish to see this sister of his. Furthermore, he had recently aided Xiao Feng against Zhuang Juxian and feared for his life if they were spotted. He raised a finger, making a shushing gesture.

Zhong Ling nodded and held onto the bowl of chicken broth, not daring to place it on the table, terrified of making even a small sound. She heard A-Zi call out: “Wei, anyone there?” Zhong Ling glanced at Duan Yu and did not respond, thinking: “This person must have given his heart to Miss Wang, but she’s with her cousin and hence Duan Yu doesn’t wish to see her.” She was itching to take a look at “Miss Wang’s” appearance, wondering how beautiful she must look to bespell Duan Yu so. However, she dared not take a step, thinking that nothing good could come of Duan Yu meeting her. Hopefully, she would call a few more times and leave with her cousin if there was no response.

A-Zi called loudly once more: “Why are none of the people in the house taking a damned step out?” If you still don’t show yourself, I’ll burn your house down!”

Zhong Ling thought: “This Miss Wang is really tyrannical!” You Tanzhi quietly said: “Be quiet, someone’s coming!” A-Zi replied: “Who? Beggar Clan?” You Tanzhi replied: “I don’t know, but there are four or five and may not necessarily be Beggar Clan members. They’re coming this way.” A-Zi said: “Those stinking beggar clan elders! Apart from Elder Quan, none of them are good. They may want to hold this against you. If we’re seen, both of us will be in trouble.” You Tanzhi replied: “Then what should we do?” A-Zi said: “Let’s go and hide in the house first. You’ve been badly injured and can’t fight with them.”

Duan Yu quietly agonised, making a hand signal to Zhong Ling to tell her to hide. However, in this narrow and crampy mountain hut, there was nowhere to do so. Zhong Ling looked around and had no better ideas. From the sound of the footsteps, the duo were walking towards the room. She quietly said: “Let’s hide below the bed-stove! [炕 Kang2]. She put down the bowl of soup. Before waiting for Duan Yu’s response, she carried him up and they burrowed under the bed-stove. However, the bottom of the bed-stove was filled with soot. Duan Yu’s nose was filled with dust and he managed to prevent a sneeze with great difficulty.

Zhong Ling looked out and saw a pair of feet clad in purple shoes walking into the room. She heard the man say: “Ai, I needed you to carry me around - it was really unsuitable work for you.” The girl retorted: “One of us is blind and one is broken – we have no choice but to depend on each other.” Zhong Ling was puzzled and thought: “Turns out that Miss Wang is blind and she’s carrying her cousin on her back. No wonder that I can’t see his feet.”

A-Zi placed You Tanzhi on the bed and exclaimed: “Yi! Someone just slept on this bed! It’s still warm!” Suddenly, there was a banging noise. The main door had been kicked open and a few people dashed in. A rough voice said: “Clan Leader Zhuang, the plans of the clan have come to nothing. How could you slip away just like that?” It was Elder Song. He had been leading two Seven-Pouch disciples along with two Six-Pouch disciples to search out You Tanzhi.

With the Xiao, Murong father-son duos along with the Shaolin monks and the assorted heroes of the Central Plains all involved in the Shaolin Temple event, the Beggar Clan felt that they were in great peril. They needed to urgently think of a solution. They were afraid that even being the biggest clan with a foothold in the Central Plains they would be affected by the Xiao father-son feud with Murong Bo that might drag on. They did not care and did not want to interfere. Even if they told Bao Butong that they shared a common enemy and brought ill upon Xiao Feng, their main concern was to avoid British Rule and be led by a strong Clan Leader to restore their original power and glory.

Clan Chief Zhuang disappeared in the mess when they were hunting for him. They thought that with both legs broken, he could not have gone far and searched for him nearby. As to how to deal with him after they had found him, the clan had yet to decide and were still at a loss. However the majority were unanimous in that he was definitely not fit to continue as clan leader. Some lambasted him for taking the Xing Su Elder as his teacher and shaming the clan. Some cursed him for sending people to kill clan members, swearing to settle scores with him. As for Quan Guanqing, he had long been captured by Elders Song and Wu, waiting to be dealt with along with Zhuang Juxian.

Elder Song led the four disciples to search the southeast of Shaolin Mountain and saw a flash of purple clothing in the distant forest – someone entering a farmhouse. He recognised A-Zi and saw her carrying a person that looked like Zhuang Juxian. Immediately pursuing, they barged into the farm house and saw Zhuang Juxian and A-Zi sitting on the bed-stove.

A-Zi frostily said: “Elder Song, although you address him as Clan Leader, how can you keep making such a commotion without half a sense of the proper respect? Elder Song was taken aback and felt that her words were not entirely unreasonable. He said: “Clan Leader, we number a thousand members, all who stayed behind on Shaolin Mountain. As to what to do next, we need your orders.” You Tanzhi replied: “Do you still treat me as Clan Leader? You want me to return only to kill me to vent your anger, isn’t it? I’m not going!”

Elder Song turned to the four disciples and said: “Quick, spread the word that Clan Leader is here.” The four disciples acknowledged “Yes!” and turned to leave. A-Zi shouted: “Strike!” You Tanzhi followed the sound and struck out a palm. From below the bed-stove, Zhong Ling and Duan Yu felt a bone-freezing chill suddenly permeate the room. The four disciples fell as four corpses to the ground without making a sound. Elder Song was both shocked and angry. He raised his hand to his chest and yelled: “You… You… You dared to treat the clan brothers so wickedly!” A-Zi said: “Kill him too.” You Tanzhi punched out again. Elder Song blocked with a raised fist and with an “Ah!” sound, fell out of the main door.

A-Zi giggled and said: “This guy is dead for sure! Are you hungry? Let’s go and find something to eat. You Tanzhi carried upon her back, the two of them went into the kitchen and took Zhong Ling’s cooked dishes to eat in the hall.
    Zhong Ling whispered in Duan Yu’s ear: “These two shameless people are drinking the chicken soup I cooked for you.” Duan Yu whispered: “They are vicious and evil, killing at whim. Let’s sneak out through the back door. Zhong Ling did not want him to see that “Miss Wang” and strongly agreed with what he said.

The two of them lightly crawled out from beneath the bed-stove. Zhong Ling saw that Duan Yu’s face was full of soot and could not help but laugh. She covered her mouth. Sneaking out through the kitchen and just before they went through the back door, Duan Yu’s long suppressed sneeze could no longer be controlled. “Qi chi!” the sound snapped out.

They heard You Tanzhi exclaim: “Someone’s there!” Zhong Ling looked around and saw nowhere to hide in the room. However, there was a small room used for storing firewood behind the kitchen. She grabbed Duan Yu and they tunnelled into the pile of firewood. A-Zi called out: “Who’s there? Such sneaky behaviour, get out here!” You Tanzhi said: “They’re most likely farmers from this countryside. We can probably ignore them.” A-Zi called: “Why do you still ignore me? With your clumsiness you’ll surely suffer greatly in the future. Don’t make a sound!” After she became blind, her hearing became exceptionally sensitive. She heard some rustling in the firewood pile. ‘There’s someone in the pile of firewood!”

Zhong Ling was startled and felt some water dripping on her face. She brushed it with her hand and felt dampness accompanied by the scent of blood. She was horrified and murmured: “You… how’s your wound?” Duan Yu said: “Silence!”
    A-Zi pointed to the firewood room and called out: “Over there.” You Tanzhi struck a palm towards the room with a ka-la-la sound. The door burst apart and wood splinters and tinder scattered all around.

Zhong Ling called out: “Don’t attack! We are coming out!”. She supported Duan Yu and crawled out of the pile of firewood. Duan Yu had taken a stab from Jiumozhi’s Blazing Sabre skill and his injuries were not light. With so much movement crawling out of the firewood storage wound, his wound opened and fresh blood gushed out. With his injuries, even with his abundant internal energy and his life on the line, he could not recall how to use the Liumai Shenjian (Six Meridians Divine Sword).

---

A-Zi asked: "Why is there a girl's voice?" You Tanzhi replied: "A man brought a young girl to hide in the wood pile. His body is soaked with blood while the girl just keeps staring at you with shining eyes." Since A-Zi became blind, she had become extremely sensitive to the mention of "eyes". Not only had You Tanzhi mentioned "eyes", he actually said "the young lady's eyes" and it agitated her. "What 'shining'?! Are her eyes so nice?" You Tanzhi was yet to realise how angry she was and went on: "She is scruffy - a farmer's daughter. Her eyes, however are dark and lively." Zhong Ling's face was coated with soot and dirt but her eyes were dark and liquid like summer rain.

A-Zi stormily exclaimed: "Fine! Master Zhuang, dig out her eyes immediately!" You Tanzhi was taken aback and said: "Why should I dig out her eyes for no reason?" A-Zi went on: "My eyes were destroyed by Elder Ding. Hurry, dig out her eyes and give them to me to see the world. Isn't that good?"

You Tanzhi was quietly shocked and thought: "If her eyes are restored and she sees how ugly I am, she may ignore me. Furthermore, if she recognizes my face and knows that I am the 'Metal Clown', that would be dreadful! I can't do this." He said: "If I can heal your eyes, that would be wonderful... ... however, I'm afraid this plan of yours will not work."

A-Zi knew that taking someone's eyes to replace her own would not work. However, since she had lost her sight, she had become filled with rage and hoped that everyone in the world would lose their eyes as well. She said: "If you haven't tried, how would you know it wouldn't work? Quickly make your move and dig out her eyes." She walked towards Duan Yu and Zhong Ling with You Tanzhi on her back.

Zhong Ling was alarmed to hear their exchange and dashed away. A-Zi being blind and carrying You Tanzhi had difficulty pursuing her. Furthermore, You Tanzhi had no intention of catching Zhong Ling and frequently gave A-Zi the wrong directions in a garbled way.

A-Zi hearing, Zhong Ling's footsteps, knew that she could not catch her. She called back: "If young Miss escapes, the man will die soon!"

Zhong Ling heard this and got a fright. She immediately stopped and turned back, only to see Duan Yu collapsed onthe floor with a pool of fresh blood around him. She dashed back and called out: "Little Blindy! You can't hurt him!" At this point when she faced A-Zi, she noticed that she was certainly a beauty. Who would expect that her heart was this vicious?

A-Zi cried out: "Seal her acupoints!" Although You Tanzhi was unwilling, he had never dared to defy A-Zi, whether it be in the Liao Manor or being the Beggar Clan lader. Immediately raising his finger, he sealed Zhong Ling's acupoints and she fell to the ground.

Zhong Ling called: "Miss Wang! Do not hurt him! He called your name in his dreams and has nothing but honest intentions towards you!" A-Zi asked in confusion: "What did you say? Who's Miss Wang?" Zhong Ling said: "You... you aren't Miss Wang? Who are you then?" A-Zi smirked and said: "Hm. You called me 'Little Blindy'. You're about to become blind yourself now. Why ask so many questions? You still have a pair of eyes now. Better take a few more looks quickly." She placed You Tanzhi on the ground and said: "Dig out her eyes!"

You Tanzhi replied: "Yes!" and stretched out his left hand, grabbing Zhong Ling's head. Zhong Ling in shock cried out: "Don't dig out my eyes! Don't dig out my eyes!"

Duan Yu lying on the ground in a daze realised that the two of them were about to remove Zhong Ling's eyes to place in A-Zi's eye sockets. He knew Zhong Ling had already escaped but returned and placed herself in danger to save him. He sighed and said: "You should take my eyes, we... we are family... they would be more suitable."

A-Zi had no idea what he was talking about and did not care. She urged You Tanzhi: "Why haven't you moved?" You Tanzhi had no choice but to acknowledge: "Yes". He pulled Zhong Ling toward himself and stuck his right index finger towards her right eye in a digging motion.

They suddenly heard a lady's voice calling out: "Wei, what are you doing here?" You Tanzhi raised his head and his expression changed greatly. He saw two men and four women below the home's willow tree. The two men were Xiao Feng and Xu Zhu, while the four ladies were Xu Zhu's servants, the four swords: Plum, Orchid, Chrysanthemum and Bamboo.Glancing into the room, Xiao Feng saw Duan Yu collapsed on the floor and dashed in to carry him up. Frowning, he said: "Your wound has opened again with so much blood." He knelt down on his left leg to support Duan Yu's body and examined his wound. Xu Zhu came closer and saw Duan Yu's wound, saying: "Elder brother, do not be alarmed. This [Nine-changing Bear Snake Pill] is very effective for treating wounds. He sealed the acupoints around Duan Yu's wound to stop the bleeding, then fed him the pill.

Duan Yu called out: "Elder brother... second brother, quickly, save her! Don't let him dig out Miss Zhong's eyes! She's... she's my good sister." Xiao Feng and Xu Zhu looked at You Tanzhi. You Tanzhi was startled. As he had originally not wished to dig out Zhong Ling's eyes, he let her go immediately.

A-Zi called out: "Brother-in-law, what did my sister say before she died? After you beat her to death, did you forget all about her requests?" Xiao Feng, hearing her bring up A-Zhu, was once again hurt and frustrated, letting out a sigh. He did not reply. A-Zi continued: "You didn't take good care of me. Elder Ding destroyed my sight but you weren't even concerned. Brother-in-law, everyone says you're the number one hero, but you can't even protect your sister-in-law. Are you actually worthless? Hm, Elder Freak Ding can't defeat you, but it's just that you didn't take care of me and protect me."

Xiao Feng dejectedly replied: "You were taken by the Beggar Clan and lost sight in both eyes. It was truly that my protection was inadequate. I really cannot make it up to you enough for this. He had seen early on that A-Zi was up to her unreasonable ways and asking others to dig out Zhong Ling's eyes. He was angry and yet when he saw her blind gaze, he recalled A-Zhu's last wishes on that stormy night at the Green Stone bridge where A-Zhu took his killing blow, telling him in his arms: "I only have a good sister from the same parents. While we cannot continue being together, I beg you to take care of her as I fear she will go astray." He had also himself said: "Not only one task, I would do a hundred or a ten thousand tasks for you." However, A-Zi's losing both eyes were his fault for his inadequacy of care no matter what she had done wrong. His heart ached when he thought of all this and his eyes shone with warmth towards her.

A-Zi had spent a long time with Xiao Feng and knew his character well. As long as she mentioned A-Zhu, she would manage to make him agree to difficult requests for sure no matter what. She hated how Zhong Ling called her "Little Blindy" and thought to herself: "I'm going to make you have a taste of being a "Little Blindy" for sure". She then sighed a few times and said to Xiao Feng: "Brother-in-law, I'm blind and can't see anything. It may be better for me to just die." Xiao Feng said: "I had already returned you to your father and mother. How is it that you're with Clan Leader Zhuang once again?" At this time he had already seen that Zhuang Juxian was fully willing to follow A-Zi as well as being very obedient to her words. "You'd better return to your father to Dali. Although your eyes are blind, Dali Palace has many servants to wait upon you and it will not be too inconvenient."

A-Zi replied: "My mother isn't a real palace concubine. If I were to go to Dali, with all the palace intrigue and plotting happening one after another, should Father's underlings hate me, I will be at their mercy with my blindness." Xiao Feng thought that she had a point and then replied: "Then follow me back to Nanjing where you can lead your life peacefully without taking risks in the Jianghu."

---
    To be continued... I hope... it's more tedious and time-consuming than I expected.
    Last edited by infinityex; 07-26-16 at 01:39 PM.

Infinityex, Thank you so much for continuing this translation. I've waited so long for someone to finish it. Please don't stop!

Default infinityex THANK YOU !

even if it is slow please take your time and finish it , if possible. again Thank You !!

I'll try! I read better in English so I'm reading the story along with the translation

Default Chapter 44 Continued (Part 2)

Chapter 44 - Foolishly seeking a lovely marriage, but where lies the main destiny? Part 2

A-Zi retorted: “Now you ask me to go to your own palace? Ai yo! I was bored sick there even when I could see. How could I ever return there? You refuse to be like Clan Leader Zhuang, never disagreeing with me. I would be rather drift along in the Jianghu and be happier.”

Xiao Feng glanced at You Tanzhi and thought: “Looks like little A-Zi seems to be fond of this Beggar Clan Leader. He said: “Have you asked about this Clan Leader Zhuang’s background?"

A-Zi replied: “Naturally. However, asking someone for their own background may not necessarily be reliable. Brother-in-law, when you used to be the Beggar Clan Leader, would you have willingly told others that you were a Khitan?”

Xiao Feng upon hearing her acerbic words sighed again and did not continue. He was undecided if he should leave her alone to continue following this Beggar Clan Leader.

A-Zi asked: “Brother-in-law, are you ignoring me now?” Xiao Feng frowned and said: “What do you want then?” A-Zi said: “I want you to dig out this girl’s eyes and give them to me.” She paused and continued: “Clan Leader Zhuang was about to do it for me. If you hadn’t interfered, he would have been long done. En, even if you let me do it myself it’s fine. Brother-in-law, I want to know if you or Clan Leader Zhuang treats me better. In the past, you used to carry me around all the time to get my wounds treated. Then, you also obeyed me dutifully, doing whatever I asked. When we stayed outdoors in the same tent, you carried me closely regardless if it was day or night. Brother-in-law, have you forgotten all this?”

You Tanzhi stared at Xiao Feng with a vicious expression, seeming to say: “A-Zi is mine, from this day on, don’t even think of touching her!”

Xiao Feng cared not about him and said: “You were heavily injured then. To use my internal energy to keep you alive, I had no choice but to go along with you. This girl is my sworn brother’s friend. How can I dig out her eyes to suit your order? Furthermore, the medical technique to install nerves does not exist. This desire of yours is futile!”

Xu Zhu suddenly interjected: “I took a look at Miss Duan’s eyes. It’s only the surface layer that has been destroyed. It may be possible to do a transplant with a living person to cure her. The Xiaoyao Sect’s medical skills were very advanced. Furthermore, Divine Doctor Xue was Xu Zhu’s martial nephew. Although Xu Zhu did not have much medical knowledge, he had followed Tianshan Tonglao (Child Elder) for a number of months and had heard her mentioning many things.

A-Zi cried “Ah!” with joy and cheered, saying: “Mr. Xu Zhu, you aren’t fooling me right?” Xu Zhu replied: “Monks do not fight or lie……” then paused and flushed a little as he thought about himself no longer being a monk. He continued: “Naturally, I am not fooling you, however…” A-Zi asked: “However what? Good Mr. Xu Zhu, you are sworn brothers with my brother-in-law – both of us are practically family!” You also heard my brother-in law earlier. He dotes on me greatly. Brother-in-law, brother-in-law, regardless, you must ask your sworn brother to cure my eyes!” Xu Zhu said: “I heard my martial uncle mention before that if the eyes are not completely destroyed, it is possible to regain sight by transplanting part of a living person’s eye. However, I am not familiar with the method of doing so.”

A-Zi said: “In that case, your martial uncle must surely have the method. Please help me to ask him! Xu Zhu sighed and said: “My martial uncle is no longer alive.” A-Zi yelled: “So you were making tales up to mess with me!” Xu Zhu repeatedly shook his head and said: “No, no! There are many medical books kept in Lingjiu Palace. I believe the method to transplant eyes should be available there. But… but…” A-Zi was both pleased but anxious and said: “You’re a grown man and yet speak in such a stuttering wishy-washy manner. Ai! What do you mean by ‘but’ this and ‘but’ that?”

Xu Zhu said: “However… However… Eyes being as precious as they are, who would want to donate theirs to you?” A-Zi laughed and said: “I was wondering what difficult matter you meant. Getting eyes from a living person? Isn’t that easy? Just dig out that girl’s eyes!”

Zhong Ling loudly exclaimed: “No way! You can’t take my eyes!” Xu Zhu replied: “Yes! Putting yourself in her shoes, you didn’t wish to become blind. Naturally, neither does Miss Zhong. Although Siddharta used to be a Buddha in his previous life and was willing to give his flesh and blood to others, how can Miss Zhong compare to Tathagata Buddha? Furthermore, Miss Zhong is a good friend of my third brother.” He was suddenly startled and exclaimed: “Ai ya! Not good! That time in Lingjiu Palace, I was having a heart-to-heart talk with Third Brother after drinks. It turned out that his loved one was my “Dream Maiden”. It seems now that Third Brother is very close to this Miss Zhong now. From what he said earlier to A-Zi, he would rather have his own eyes dug out than to let Miss Zhong be hurt even though the eyes are the most important of the bodily organs. Could it be that this Miss Zhong is actually the “Dream Maiden” whom I spent three nights with?

After thinking up to this point, he involuntarily shivered and turned his head to sneakily glance at Zhong Ling. Although she was covered in soot and grass, it did not conceal her underlying beauty. The time Xu Zhu had spent with his “Dream Maiden” was not that insignificant, however as it had been in the darkened ice room, he had no idea what she looked like. If he could use his hand to feel her face, he could get some hint; if he could hug her waist, he could be even more certain. However in broad daylight, how would he be able to feel her face? Not to mention hugging and cuddling.

While having these thoughts, he blushed furiously. Although Zhong Ling’s voice was different from his “Dream Maiden”, to recognize a voice within the ice room and in the open would be very different. It was not surprising that they would not be alike. Xu Zhu gazed at Zhong Ling, feeling as if he could stretch out a hand from his heart and gently caress her face so as to find out if she really were his “Dream Maiden”. His face glowed with tender warmth towards her as he had these overflowing feelings.

--- to be continued... A-Zi is such a toxic character and Xu Zhu should probably just have kept his mouth shut.
    Last edited by infinityex; 07-28-16 at 01:32 PM.

Thank you so much infinityex!!!

I was pleasantly surprised you posted again so soon. Thanks again!