Page 65 of 77 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1522

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

Thank you Infinityex! I don't mind which version it is as long as it is consistent amongst all the translators.

Hi infinityex, thanks a lot for your hard work on the translation.
    BTW, you can find third edition here: http://www.jyjh.cn/jinyong/60/index.htm
    But of course it's OK whether you want to translate 2nd or 3rd edition. Thanks again.
    Last edited by DGSDfans; 08-24-16 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DGSDfans View Post
    Hi infinityex, thanks a lot for your hard work on the translation.
    BTW, you can find third edition here: http://www.jyjh.cn/jinyong/60/index.htm
    But of course it's OK whether you want to translate 2nd or 3rd edition. Thanks again.
    Thanks! That's a very useful link!
    Will there be any big difference if I finish up V2 Chapter 44 and then switch to V3 at Chapter 45 onwards?

Quote Originally Posted by infinityex View Post
    Will there be any big difference if I finish up V2 Chapter 44 and then switch to V3 at Chapter 45 onwards?
    Short answer is NO ....
    I did try to use Google translate to 'read' the Chapter 44 V3, I ONLY see that Buluoxing is removed in V3.

Thanks for your good work !!!

As far as I know, Jin Yong didn't revise much on the big plot, but change some of the details. So if starting chapter 45 you translate the 3rd edition, it will not disturb the big story. Most of us already know the story of 2nd edition from the TV series, so personally I prefer to read 3rd edition, to know what changes Jin Yong made in this edition, especially the ending. Thanks again.

Default Chapter 44 Continued (Part 6)

Chapter 44 Continued (Part 6)

Arriving at the base of the mountain, the Lingjiu Palace servant girls harnessed up the donkey cart to allow Duan Yu and You Tanzhi a rest in the carriage. You Tanzhi was extremely dissatisfied but he preferred to endure it silently rather than to part with A-Zi. As long as A-Zi occasionally pulled aside the doorway curtains to say a few words to him, he would be happy for half the day. However, it was just that A-Zi would ride on the horse, closely sticking to Xiao Feng all the time. You Tanzhi was upset about this but dared not speak a word to her about it.

Walking for two days, the Lingjiu Palace divisions slowly gathered. The Luan Tian division head delivered their report to Xu Zhu and Duan Yu that they had already returned to the Zhennan (South-Suppressing) King to inform him about Duan Yu’s recovery going well. The Zhennan King (Duan Zhengchun) was relieved and asked the Luan Tian Division to tell Duan Yu that he should return to Dali soon. The Luan Tian division girls also reported: “Zhennan King’s party has been heading to the north-east. Duan Yanqing and the Crocodile Deity of the South Sea together with Yun Zhonghe have been heading to the west. Both parties will not meet. Duan Yu was delighted and gave thanks to the Luan Tian division girls.

Zhong Ling asked Duan Yu: “If the king wants you to return to Dali soon, why is he going to the north-east instead?” Duan Yu smiled and did not reply. A-Zi laughed: “Dad must have been pulled by my mother and forbidden to return to Dali. Miss Zhong, if you want to seize my brother’s heart, you need to learn from my mother.”

These couple of days, Duan Yu had been thinking if he should explain that Zhong Ling was his sister, however he felt that speaking of this matter would be extremely awkward and might hurt Zhong Ling’s feelings as well as reflect badly on his father’s name. He decided not to speak of this for the time being.

Zhong Ling knew that Duan Yu wanted to go to Western Xia wholly because he wished to meet up with that Miss Wang. Seeing Duan Yu on a daily basis, her heart was at peace and she did not bother to think how things might change after that. A-Zi’s cold spiteful words mattered little to her.

Noon time was scorching during the hot summer. Luckily, it was a long way to the Mid-Autumn Festival. Most people made haste to travel in the early morning and the evenings, only covering 60 - 70 Li a day before taking a rest. As the days steadily passed, Duan Yu’s injury healed quickly. Xu Zhu mended the bone of You Tanzhi’s broken leg and splinted it with planks of wood. It looked like he had some hope of recovery. You Tanzhi spoke to no one. As Xu Zhu was treating his leg, he wore a bitter expression and said not a single word of thanks.

The group arrived at Xianyang Road. Duan Yu spoke about the historical areas of the Liu and Xiang conflicts at the area to Xiao Feng and the group. Xiao Feng and Xu Zhu both had little education and were delighted by Duan Yu’s information.

Suddenly, horse hoof steps rang out. There were two horses rushing over from the back. Xiao Feng and party pulled their horses to the side to allow the rear guests to go ahead first. However, A-Zi blocked the road by herself. When the two horses had arrived almost beside her, she raised the horse-whip and went for the horse’s head. The rider behind raised his own horse-whip to deflect A-Zi’s and said: “Master Duan! Great Hero Xiao Feng!”

Duan Yu turned to look and saw that the man in front was Ba Tianshi (Dali King’s Royal Bodyguard) and the one behind was Zhu Danchen (Duan Zhengchun’s Royal Bodyguard). Ba Tianshi hit A-Zi’s horse whip away and jumped down from the horse with Zhu Danchen to kowtow to Duan Yu. Duan Yu hurriedly returned the greeting and asked: “Is my father safe?”

He heard a “Sou!” sound. A-Zi had waved her horse-whip again to strike down at Ba Tianshi’s head.

Ba Tianshi had yet to get up and was still kneeling on the ground. As A-Zi’s whip was striking, Ba Tianshi shifted to the side and caught the whip. A-Zi tried to pull it back with force but could not budge it. She knew that her internal energy was not a match for her opponent. She waved her palm and thrust the handle of the whip straight for Ba Tianshi. Ba Tianshi was still angered at how she had angered Zhu Wanli to death and originally wanted to teach her a lesson. He had not expected that even with her being blind, her movements were still swift and the handle flew over at a high speed. He heard the rush of wind and hurriedly turned his head to avoid it. Although his head and face were untouched, with a “Pa!” sound, his shoulder had been hit.

Duan Yu yelled: “Sister Zi, you dare cause trouble again!” A-Zi replied: “Me? He wanted my whip. I just gave it to him, that’s all.” Ba Tianshi laughed and said: “Many thanks Miss for the whip.” He stood up and took out a letter from his chest pocket, presenting it to Duan Yu with both hands.

Duan Yu received it and took a look. He noticed that the letter was addressed to “Son Yu” with the three words written in his father’s handwriting. He hurriedly straightened his attire and respectfully opened the letter. It appeared that his father was be instructing him to go to Western Xia to seek the princess’ hand in marriage. The letter said: “My Dali Kingdom in the South is a small country with a weak military and cannot repel external threats well. If we can become relatives with Western Xia, we would be stronger and better able to protect our people. This matter is of great national importance and you must do your best.”

Duan Yu finished reading the letter and his face flushed between scarlet and white. He said: “This… this…”

Ba Tianshi took out a large envelope. It was stamped with the large official official seal of the “Dali Country King’s Younger Brother, Zhennan General”. He said: “This is his Majesty’s personally written missive to the Western Xia emperor requesting the marriage. Young master should kindly give this to the Western Xia emperor after arriving at Lingjiu Palace.

A-Zi laughed and said: “This is a father that truly knows his son well. Father heard that Murong Fu went to Western Xia and guessed that Miss Wang would also follow. His own son would naturally follow. Hng, the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree. Does he think that the emotional woes of his son are more important than the country’s matters? Why does he not return much after leaving for so long?”

Ba Tianshi, Zhu Danchen, Duan Yu on heard A-Zi voicing out such disrespectful words directed towards their father figure and their expressions darkened. Although what she said had some truth to it, being his daughter, how could she speak ill of her father like that?

A-Zi continued: “Brother, what did father write in his letter? Did he mention me?” Duan Yu replied: “Father does not know that you are currently with me.” A-Zi replied: “En, yes, he does not know. Did Father not ask you to look? Did he ask you to plan how to take care of this blind younger sister of yours?”

Duan Zhengchun’s letter mentioned nothing of the sort. Duan Yu felt that he would hurt his sister’s feelings if he spoke the truth and he gave Ba Tianshi and Zhu Danchen a glance, trying to hint to them that they should admit that her father did order them to search for A-Zi. Who would have expected that the two of them did not understand his intention and did not play along. Zhu Danchen said: “The Zhennan King ordered the two of us to find Young Master to instruct him to seek Western Xia’s princess’ hand in marriage. If we returned to Dali instead, even if his Majesty did not blame us, we would not have the face to see anyone. The meaning conveyed was that Duan Zhengchun ordered them to find Duan Yu to become the Western Xia’s Prince Consort at all costs.

Duan Yu laughed bitterly and said: “I originally could not do martial arts and furthermore was badly injured and unable to access my internal energy. How could I compete with the great heroes of the world?”

Ba Tianshi turned to look at Xiao Feng and Xu Zhu. Bowing deeply, he said: “Zhennan King ordered his lowly servant to greet Hero Xiao and Mister Xu Zhu, and to request that in the name of your brotherhood to assist our young master.” Zhennan King also instructed to present gifts to the two of you whom he knew in the chaos at Mount Shao. Saying this, he took out a carved jade Lion and presented it to Xiao Feng with both hands. Zhu Danchen took out an ivory fan with Duan Zhengchun’s calligraphy to present to Xu Zhu.

Both receipients received their gifts with thanks and said: “This matter of Third Brother’s we will naturally assist with all our ability - why should we trouble Uncle Duan? We dare not covet these precious gifts.”

A-Zi said: “Do you think Father is showing goodwill? He’s asking the two of you not to compete with my brother in becoming the Prince Consort. My father is afraid that his precious son cannot defeat the both of you. By agreeing this way, you have fallen for my father’s trap!”

Xiao Feng gave a small sigh and said: “Since when have I had the thought of marrying another ever since your sister died?” A-Zi replied: “It’s natural for you to say this but who knows how your heart feels? Mr. Xu Zhu, you are loyal and honest unlike my philandering and lecherous brother leaving broken hearts everywhere. You have never formed any relationships with any girls. Would it not be perfect to marry the princess of Western Xia?” Xu Zhu turned scarlet and waved his hand hurriedly saying: “No, No! I… I am lacking and will naturally do my best to assist Third Brother in this matter.”

Ba Tianshi and Zhu Danchen glanced at each other and then paid their respects to Xiao Feng and Xu Zhu, saying: “Many thanks to both of you for your help.” Words said in the martial world are hard to take back. Ba and Zhu hurriedly left not because they were afraid of the two reneging on their words but because they wanted to put more pressure on Duan Yu to accept.

to be continued
    Last edited by infinityex; 09-07-16 at 02:30 AM.

Thanks infinityex.

Yeah! Thanks so much for the translation!

Default Chapter 44 Continued (Part 7)

Chapter 44 Continued (Part 7)

Have been rather busy... updates are likely to be sporadic. But I'll try my best! Just curious, which countries are you all from?

The group headed to the west, slowly getting closer to Lingzhou and meeting more Wulin warriors along the way.
    Although Western Xia was smaller than Great Liao and Great Song, it was a great country in the Western frontier in its own right. The king of the time was addressed as Emperor Li Qianshun. He was also known as Zhong Shengwen? and the country enjoyed peace and prosperity under his reign.

The Wulin person who married the Western Xia princess would enjoy great riches and benefits; was there a better deal in the whole world? The only issue was that most of the famous Wulin names were already married with children while the new upstarts were not as skilled. There were a large number of senior heroes who brought their sons and disciples along to try their luck. There were also a number of bandits and members of various clans who came alone with high hopes. Many thought: “Perhaps if I have good affinity with the Western Xia princess, she may fall for me when she sees me and I would have a chance to be the Prince Consort even if my martial skills aren’t the best.”

Along the way, the youths they saw were clad in fresh, bright clothing. Even their tools and weapons were in tip-top condition, as if they were off to some great competition. A common saying going around was that the poor studied literature while the rich studied martial arts. Those studying martial arts were mostly fairly well-to-do and frequently used money to offset their misconduct. The young martial artists heading to Western Xia were bedecked in their best finery in the hopes of obtaining the princess’ favor. When these similar types of people met, they frequently jibed at each other and tried to obtain information about what the princess looked like as well as tried to assess if the other party was a strong contender or not. If things didn’t work out, they would treat the other party as an enemy.

This day, Xiao Feng was going on his way when he suddenly heard the pounding of horse hooves and saw a horse headed their way. The rider’s arm was in a white cloth sling and his clothes were tattered. He looked to be in dire straits. Xiao Feng thought that this person certainly did not fall but was likely attacked by others which was rather alarming. He did not expect that before long, another three horses came over with all the riders also badly injured, either with broken arms of legs. The three new riders had distraught and regretful expressions on their faces, passing by with heads bowed, not daring to look Xiao Feng in the eye. Plum Sword asked: “Is there a fight going on in front? Why are so many people injured?”

As she spoke, another two people came along. These two were not on horseback and their faces were covered with blood. One of them had a green cloth tied on his head and blood was continually oozing out from it. Bamboo Sword asked: “Wei, do you want medication? How did you get injured?” That person glared ferociously at her and spat at her before slinking off. Chrysanthemum sword was extremely angry and whipped out her longsword, wanting to hack at him. Xu Zhu shook his head and said: “Forget it! This person has been severely injured. You need not mind him.” Orchid Sword said: “Sister Bamboo offered him medication out of goodwill but he dared to be so insolent. It would be better to let him die of pain.”

At this moment, another four horses blazed towards them, two on either side. They could hear the riders on the horses having a great quarrel. Someone said: “It’s all your fault for being a lascivous toad lusting over swan meat. Without even considering your own abilities, you dare think of heading to Lingzhou to be the Prince Consort!” Another person scolded: “If you had the skill, why don’t you go for it yourself? You lost and decided to take it out on me.” The person on the other side said: “If you had not carried out a sneak attack, how would I have lost?”

These four people were rushing past and speaking fast. It was unclear as to what they were quarreling about. In the blink of an eye, they were in front of the group. The four of them saw Xiao Feng’s sizeable party and did not dare to cause trouble. Hence, they pulled the horses to the sides and rushed on. However, they continued to squabble amongst themselves. From their dressing, it looked like the four intended to head to Lingzhou to be the Prince Consort, however for some reason the circumstances had changed and they had to return home.

Duan Yu said: “Eldest brother, I think…” As the words left his mouth, another two people came along on foot, also covered with wounds from head to toe, one bleeding severely and one limping. Zhong Ling could not control her curiosity and drew her horse forward, asking: “Wei, are the people ahead at the pass very strong?” A middle aged martial artist replied: “Hng! You’re a girl so they will not stop you from passing. It would be better for males to obediently turn back here.” As he said this, Xiao Feng and Xu Zhu felt that it was very strange and decided to go ahead to take a look, urging their horses forward.

As the group progressed seven to eight Li ahead, they saw the curving mountain path heading upwards. After turning several bends, they saw a dense group of people gathered. Xiao Feng pressed on and saw two towering men in the centre of the mountain pass, each one taller than six feet. On held a large metal club in one hand and one held a pair of copper hammers in both hands. They eyed the crowd ferociously.

Gathered in front of both men were at least seventeen or eighteen men, all saying different things. Some said politely: “Excuse me, we are headed to Lingzhou, please let us pass.” Some said: “Are the two of you collecting road taxes? Do you want one silver tael or two each? If you state your price, we can work something out.” Some said” “If you both don’t move and irritate me, I will chop you both to meat paste so fine that it will be hard to piece you both back together. You’d better get out of the way to avoid a tragedy.” Some said: “Both of you are imposing and grand, why do you not head to Lingzhou to become the Prince Consort? Would it not be a waste if the beautiful princess selected someone else? Despite the ongoing chatter, the two men ignored them all.

Suddenly, someone in the crowd yelled: “Move it!” He waved his sword with a cold gleam and charged towards the man on the left. The towering man was large and his weapon was heavy, however his movement was unexpectedly swift. He struck out with his twin hammers and trapped the sword. These two hammers weighed at least forty jin each. With a loud ‘Dang!” sound, they shattered the longsword into more than ten segments. The hammer-user gave a kick at the man’s lower abdomen. With a large shout, the man flew seven to eight zhang away and fell without further movement.

The next moment, another man brandishing twin knives charged forwards, the twin blades whirling in a flash of white light to defend his entire body. When he reached the two towering defenders, he gave a loud yell and switched to the Di Tang knife technique, rolling on the ground with twin knives stabbing towards their legs. The club-user barely spared a glance as to the direction that the knives were coming from. He raised his metal club and struck violently at the blur of white light. With an “Ah!” sound, the second man’s twin knives were broken and the hilt of the knife was buried in his chest. He rolled down the hill.

The two defenders had injured two people in a row and the remaining people dared not approach again. A sudden beating of hoof sounds was heard and a donkey approached from around the mountain bend. On the donkey’s back was a young scholar who looked no older than eighteen or nineteen. He was dressed in a scholar’s gown and wore an intelligent, cultured expression. His features were delicate and beautiful. As he rode his donkey past Xiao Feng and the others, the group felt that he was a world apart from the other Jianghu wanderers and could not help but glance a few more times at him in curiosity. Duan Yu suddenly exclaimed: “Ah!” and said: “You… You… You…” The scholar never glanced at him but proceeded to the front of the group.

Zhong Ling asked in puzzlement: “Do you know him?” Duan Yu blushed and said: “No… I made a mistake. He is a man, how would I have recognized him?” A-Zi suddenly burst out laughing and said: “Brother, so it turns out that you only recognize ladies and not men.” She paused and asked: “Is the person who just went past really a man? Clearly, it’s a woman.” Duan Yu replied: “You say that he’s actually a woman?” A-Zi replied: “Certainly, her body has a strong fragrance. It’s clearly a feminine scent.” Duan Yu heard the word ‘fragrance’ and his heart started pounding. “Perhaps… Perhaps it’s really her?”

The scholar rode his donkey into the midst of the two tall men and demanded: “Move it!” As these words rang out clearly, it was indeed the voice of a woman.

Duan Yu’s suspicions were confirmed and called out: “Miss Mu! Wan Qing! Sister! You…you...you… I… I… I…”. As he called out, he rode ahead. Xu Zhu called: “Third Brother, be careful of your wound!” He whipped his horse into action and rushed forward along with Ba Tianshi and Zhu Danchen.

The young scholar on the donkey’s back stared at the two towering man and never once turned back Ba Tianshi and Zhu Danchen upon examining her profile noted her feminine features and identified her to indeed be Mu Wanqing. The two men cursed themselves and silently thought: “How regretful, we have eyes to see but are no match for a blind person.” They did not know that A-Zi’s hearing had sharpened beyond a normal person’s and that she had identified Mu Wanqing being a girl from her lingering fragrance. The group saw the young scholar in their midst but had difficulty differentiating the scholar’s gender.

Duan Yu hurried to Mu Wanqing’s side and placed his hand on her shoulder, gently saying: “Mei-zi (sister), where have you been all this time? I pined greatly for you!” Mu Wanqing dodged away from his hand and turned, asking coldly: “You thought of me? Why did you think of me? Did you really think of me?” Duan Yu was dumbfounded. He did not know how to answer these three lines of hers.

The defender with the club laughed heartily and said: “Fine, as you are a girl, I will let you pass.” The hammer-user said: “Girls can pass but stinking men cannot. Wei, get back, get back!” As he spoke, he pointed at Duan Yu and called out: “You little gigolo (小白脸), it makes me angry just to see your face. If you take a single step forwards, I will certainly pound you into pulp.” Duan Yu retorted: “You must be mistaken. This is a road for all. Why can’t I pass? Kindly explain.”

The defender replied: “The Tibetan King Zong Zheng has decreed: This pass will be sealed for ten days and only reopened after the mid-autumn festival. Before then, ladies may pass but men cannot. Monks may pass but lay-people may not. Elderly may pass but youth may not. The dead may pass but the living may not! This is called: Four can pass but four cannot!” Duan Yu replied: “What kind of logic is that?” The defender shouted: “Reason? Reason? My copper hammer and his metal club are reason enough! King Zong Zheng’s words are reason enough. You are a man. If you are not a monk or an elderly, the only way you can pass is dead.”

Mu Wanqing angrily retorted: “Pei! Who cares about your stinking rules!” With a wave of her right hand, two ‘chi’ sounds were heard and two small arrow points shot towards the two defenders. However, two beating sounds were heard and the arrow points fell to the grass. The points had clearly shot into their chests and yet the duo were unhurt. The defender with the club angrily bellowed: “Insolent girl, why did you use concealed weapons?” Mu Wanqing got a great shock and thought: “These two must be wearing armor that they did not die from my poisoned arrows.” The club-wielder struck a palm towards Mu Wanqing. He was extremely tall such that even though Mu Wanqing was on the donkey’s back, he could strike directly towards her chest with his height.

Duan Yu called out: “Do not be disrespectful!” and his left hand stretched out to block the strike. The defending warrior flipped his palm and grabbed Duan Yu’s arm in a vice grip. The hammer-user shouted: “Wonderful! Brother is going to rip this young dandy into two pieces!” He grabbed both hammers and used his right hand to pull hard on Duan Yu’s wrist.

Mu Wanqing urgently shouted: “Don’t hurt my brother (哥哥)!” She shot out multiple darts but the effect was like throwing stones into the sea. Although they impacted the bodies of the two warriors, they hardly dealt any damage. She wanted to shoot at the eyes of the duo but Duan Yu was trapped between them and she was afraid to injure him. Xu Zhu, Ba Tianshi and Zhu Danchen were mounted on horses and unable to assist immediately.

Xu Zhu blazed down from his horse and sped beside the club-wielding warrior, extending his finger to seal his acupoints. He instead heard Duan Yu laughing loudly and saying: “Elder brother, do not be alarmed. They cannot hurt me.”

I'm in West London UK. Very exciting!

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Reading from Singapore. Excellent read

I'm happy with whatever you pace may be (because I too became busy) It's true, my home's in New Zealand

Have been rather busy... updates are likely to be sporadic. But I'll try my best! Just curious, which countries are you all from?
    For a long time, I've been interested in how and if Xu Zhu gets his princess
    « I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. » — 弗拉基米爾·弗拉基米羅維奇·納博科夫

Hi, thanks again Infinityex! I'm from Malaysia.

I'm from the united states, thanks so much for translating so far!

hello i am also in united states. thanks for the translation.
    Last edited by badri; 10-27-16 at 09:06 PM.

Default Chapter 44 Continued (Part 8 END)

Thanks for the replies! Interesting to know. I'm from Singapore Just a short update for today - did not realise that this chapter was almost done. For this chapter, they should really do some self reflection with the things they say

Chapter 44 Continued (Part 8 END)
    Duan Yu puzzledly asked: “Ai, how did you know?” Mu Wanqing replied: “My mother got the truth out of your dear father. I was with Mother and naturally heard all about Father’s matters.” Duan Yu said: “So that’s the case. You know that I wanted to go to Lingzhou and then decided to come and take a look, is that it?” Mu Wanqing’s face blushed lightly. This statement of Duan Yu’s was spot on. However, she was naturally inclined to replying harshly and said: “What would I be watching you for? I wanted to investigate the beauty methods of the Western Xia princess, but everything became so complicated.” Duan Yu wanted to say: “If she were half as pretty as you are, it would already be quite remarkable!” He then felt that this line was suitable for a lover but not his younger sister. He stopped just before he spoke. Mu Wanqing said: “I also wanted to see if your Dali Country’s great prince Duan would take on this matter of marriage.” Duan Yu said in a subdued tone: “I will not become the Western Xia Prince Consort. Sister, keep this to yourself. If Father wants to force me to it, I will flee far away."

Mu Wanqing said: “You dare defy Father’s order?” Duan Yu said: “I’m not defying it, I’m escaping!” Mu Wanqing laughed: “What difference is there? Why do you not want the princess who has been brought up in the lap of luxury?” Ever since they had met, this was the first time she had laughed. Duan Yu was overjoyed and said: “Are you like Father? Falling in love with everyone as you meet them until eventually becoming inseparable?”

Mu Wanqing said: “Hng, I don’t see much difference between you and Father. Looks like its true that father and son are alike. It’s just that you don’t have Father’s good fortune. She sighed and said: “Like mother. She keeps saying how much she hates Father, however once she saw him, she was overjoyed and agreed to forgive everything. The young ladies of today are not as good as my mother."

Chapter 44 END

Thank you sir for completing this.
    "Beau non fidele en fidele non beau"

d'enfant fiscale

Chapter 44 end. Thanks infinityex

Sorry for the lack of activity recently, I have been a little busy with stuff, will get back to this soon, hopefully within a month or two!