Page 66 of 77 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1522

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

Thanks for the heads-up. I half thought that you have totally let go of this....

Quote Originally Posted by bteoh View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. I half thought that you have totally let go of this....
    I intend to try to continue but I have really been quite busy! please hang on. If someone else can take over that would be great too as I prefer to read than translate

That's gonna be tough... this series has been dragged and delayed over more than ten years. I think it's a miracle that it's even translated by you.

Quote Originally Posted by infinityex View Post
    I intend to try to continue but I have really been quite busy! please hang on. If someone else can take over that would be great too as I prefer to read than translate
    Thank you for infinityex and anyone else who are willing to continue the translation. I'm from Indonesia and I can't read Chinese but I am a big fan of Jin Yong's works. Therefore, I'm very grateful to all translators. I'm looking forward to read the translated last chapters of DGSD.

Default Chapter 45: Within The Dried Well, Beyond The Mud - Part 1 (枯井底 污泥处)

Thanks for replying guys! Happy Lunar New Year! Managed to get enough motivation to do a little bit. As I was slowly doing this chapter, I was thinking that all these characters are so ridiculously arrogant and unreasonable. Do you feel the same?

Chapter 45: Within The Dried Well, Beyond The Mud - Part 1

Ba Tianshi and Zhu Danchen met with Mu Wanqing and introduced her to Xiao Feng, Xu Zhu and the other gathered people. Ba and Zhu both knew that she was the daughter of the Zhennan King. However, as she had not been formally recognized, they addressed her as Miss Mu.

The group had covered a number of Li when they heard a loud cry from the left along with some loud sounds. The sounds were those of the Crocodile Deity’s, as if he had met some danger. Duan Yu shouted: “That’s my disciple!” Zhong Ling said: You should all go ahead first to take a look. Your disciple is not a bad person by nature. Xu Zhu agreed: “Yes!” His mother Ye Erniang had been close with the Crocodile Deity and it was likely that they had had some feelings for each other.

The group rode swiftly towards the sound. After making a few turns, they saw a dense forest. Beside the opposing cliff, they saw a strange and alarming scene.

A large cliff emerged from the deep valley there. Atop the cliff grew a single ancient-looking lone pine tree. Atop a branch of this tree was a man dangling from a single walking cane. Dressed in green, this was indeed Duan Yanqing. His left hand gripped the wooden cane while his right hand held a second cane. That cane was in turn held by the Southern Sea Crocodile Deity hanging below. The Crocodile Deity gripped a man’s long hair - Yun Zhonghe. Yun Zhonghe was holding on to a girl’s hands with both his own. The four people hung down like a long rope, swinging in the breeze precariously. Regardless who let go, those below would plunge into the valley measuring tens of Zhang. The valley was full of rocks and trees, like swords piercing upwards. It would be hard for someone who fell to survive.

At this time, a gust of wind arrived and made the Crocodile Deity, Yun Zhonghe and the girl spin almost half a round. This girl’s back had been facing the group. When she turned around, Duan Yu exclaimed: “Ai Yo!” and recklessly leaped down from his horse.

The girl was indeed the unforgettable Wang Yuyan that he had been pining for night and day.

Duan Yu, in a moment of clarity, saw that the cliff was dangerous and impossible to reach on horseback. He leapt down from the horse and rushed over on food. In front of the pine tree, he saw a big-headed and short fatty wielding a big axe in the process of chopping down the tree.

Duan Yu was bewildered and called out: “Wei! Wei, what are you doing?” The short fatty ignored him and kept hacking away at the pine tree stroke by stroke. “Peng! Peng!” Wood chips flew with large echoes. Duan Yu stretched out a finger and summoned his internal energy, prepared to use the Six Meridians Divine Sword (Liumai Shenjian) skill to injure him. He did not expect that his control of the skill was still poor and he could not always evoke it. He pointed repeatedly but there was no sign of the sword Qi manifesting. In a panic, he shouted: “Eldest brother! Second brother! My two good sisters and the four kind ladies! Quick, come and save these people!”

In the midst of his shouting, Xiao Feng and Xu Zhu had rushed over as well. It turned out that this fatty had been obscured by a large rock and could not be seen. Fortunately, the tree was large and solid and the fatty needed some time to chop it down.

Xiao Feng eyed the scene and was most astonished. He could not understand how this had come to pass. Xu Zhu called out: “Dear Fat-Brother, stop immediately! You must not chop this tree!” The fatty replied: “I planted this tree. I want to chop it down and take it home to make a coffin to sleep in. What right have you to interfere?” His hands never stopped chopping as he spoke. From below, the sounds and moans of the South Sea Crocodile Deity continually drifted over. Duan Yu said: “Second Brother, this man is not to be reasoned with. Please stop him before speaking on.” Xu Zhu said: “All right!” and dashed forwards.

A man holding two wooden crutches suddenly appeared and rushed past the group. With a few leaps, he appeared in front of the fatty. It was You Tanzhi. He had slipped out from the donkey cart at some unknown time. You Tanzhi had one crutch to the ground and one crutch pointed to the group. He proclaimed: “No one come over!”

Mu Wanqing had never seen him before. Suddenly seeing his strangely hideous visage, her face went bloodless and she let out a quiet “Ah!” sound.

Duan Yu hurriedly said: “Clan Leader Zhuang, please immediately stop this fatty and tell him not to keep chopping the tree.” You Tanzhi icily replied: “Why should I stop him? What does it benefit?” Duan Yu replied: “If the pine tree falls, everyone below will die.”

Xu Zhu saw that the situation was critical. He leaped nearer, thinking that even if he could not stop the fatty, he could at least pull up Duan Yanqing and the rest. He recalled the time when he managed to solve the Zhen Long Chess Formation and it had been greatly due to Duan Yanqing’s direction. It was hard to say if it had been for better or worse, learning his skills thereafter and everything that had happened from then on, but Duan Yanqing had been good to him and he felt that he should repay the favor.

You Tanzhi’s right hand stabbed the wooden crutch into the ground. His right palm swept outwards and a gust of ominous dark Qi blasted outwards. Xu Zhu was unafraid of his Toxic Cold Yin Palm but he also knew that this skill was formidable and should not be overlooked. He instantly replied with a palm of his own. You Tanzhi’s sent a second palm to the base of the pine tree which gave it a mightly shake. The four people hanging there shook even more precariously.

Duan Yu urgently called: “Second Brother, don’t go, we can talk this out. No need to take action first.”

You Tanzhi said: “Master Duan. You want me to stop this fatty. That is not difficulty. However, what benefit do I get?” Duan Yu said: “I will give you whatever you want. I won’t bargain. Quick! Quick save them before it’s too late!” You Tanzhi said: “After I stop the fatty, I want to leave immediately with Miss A-Zi. You, Xiao Feng, Xu Zhu and the rest must not stop me.”

Duan Yu said: “A-Zi? She… Her eyes need treatment from my Second Brother. After she leaves with you, what about her eyes?” You Tanzhi said: “If Mr. Xu Zhu can devise a way of returning her sight, so can I.” Duan Yu said: “This… this…” He watched the fatty continue chopping at the tree. Thinking that despite everything, saving their lives was more critical, he replied: “I agree! Quick… Quick…”

You Tanzhi waved his right palm and stabbed it towards the fatty. The fatty laughed icily and threw down his axe. With a cry, he used both palms to receive You Tanzhi’s palm force. His palms generated a mighty gust. You Tanzhi’s palm on the other hand was utterly silent.

In an instant, the fatty’s face suddenly changed. He had originally worn a smug expression which suddenly became very strange, as if he had suddenly seen the weirdest event of his life. Two trickles of fresh blood flowed down the sides of his mouth and his body gradually stiffened and curled up. He slowly fell from the cliff. After a long interval, there was a loud thud. His body had crashed into the sharp valley rocks with a dull echo. The group thought about the short fatty’s shattered body and felt a collective chill.

To be continued...

Happy Chinese New Year! Thank you for the translation Infinityex! Yes the characters are arrogant, unreasonable and sometimes very stupid with their love life decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by jinx81 View Post
    Happy Chinese New Year! Thank you for the translation Infinityex! Yes the characters are arrogant, unreasonable and sometimes very stupid with their love life decisions.
    Happy CNY to you too! Yes, and yet we keep reading on because they are rather entertaining ^_^

Yes they are entertaining. After you have finished translating this version, I have the TVB 80's version with Felix what's his name waiting for me to re-watch!

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Amazing, it's only by the translation I really can get the true meaning of the story. Great work

Thanks!! Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by wandering View Post
    Ebooks versions:

Thank you to Jayariyin for compiling this into word docs so that I can easily convert

PDF EPUB Kindle/MOBI Book 1: Adventures of Youth

PDF EPUB Kindle/MOBI Book 2: Shrouding Screen in Sunzhou

PDF EPUB Kindle/MOBI Book 3: Breaching the Formation

PDF EPUB Kindle/MOBI Book 4: Song of the Cave Immortal
    I am still hoping that we can finish book 5 someday. Thank you for all the hard work of the translators.

Umm, I tried translating some parts of chapter 45, if you guys want it I can post it.....

Go for it - I hoped someone would finish this story. Thanks.

I am not yet a professional, please forgive me. Please feel free to edit my mistakes

Xu Zhu leaped onto the branch of the pine tree, he can only see Duan Yanqing’s crutch deeply embedded in the branch, he exerts his energy, and pulled up the four people below, with his deep internal energy, Xu Zhu stretched his left hand to pull the crutch up.

The Divine Croc called from below: “Little monk, I knew you were a good monk, you were my second sister’s son, you are I, Yue Laosan’s nephew, of course your ability is not bad. If you didn’t help us, we’ll be hanging here for 3 days 3 nights, the taste of that won’t be good.”
    Yun Zhonghe said: “You are still boasting, how can you hang there for 3 days 3 night?”
    The Divine Croc said angrily: “If I can’t hang on, let go of your hair, then it will really happen, do you want me to try?” Both of them are facing difficulties, they had to rely on each other.
    After a while, Xu Zhu pulled up Duan Yanqing, then the Divine Croc and Yun Zhonghe, at last he pulled up Wang Yuyan. Her eyes are closed, her breathing is weak, she had already fainted.
    At first Duan Yu was very happy, followed by pitifulness, but after seeing both pair of her hands have a purple-black circle, he can see Yun Zhonghe’s deep fingerprints, he thought of Yun Zhonghe’s brutal personality, having indecent thought toward both Mu Wanqing and Zhong Ling, everytime he depended on the Divine Croc to save him, since today this evil act have once been repeated he cannot help but be angry, he said: “Big brother, second brother, this Yun Zhonghe is a bad person, let’s kill him!”
    The Divine Croc shouted: “No, no! Duan….Master…..today is all due to Yun the fourth saved your….your wife….my master wife…...or else, your wife’s life ended long time ago.”

Listening to him blabbering nonsense, everyone heard it very clearly. Duan Yu was more anxious about Wang Yuyan than normally, Mu Wanqing and Zhong Ling saw it with their own eyes, just to take her back up, he doesn’t care about injuries, seeing her goddess like appearance make their heart uncomfortable. They only see her eyes slowly opening and she exclaimed a “Ying” sound.
    She whispered: “Am I in hell? I..I am dead?”
    The Divine Croc shouted angrily: “You ugly girl are blabbering nonsense! If this is really hell, are we all dead? Right now you are not my master’s wife, I can scold you a little, it does not count as being disrespectful. There isn’t much time, I think you will become my master wife soon, I’ll lose the chance, so I should call you ugly girl right now. Wei, ugly girl, you were totally fine why did you want to die? You die is your own thing, you should not let Yun Zhonghe lost a life for you. No, if Yun Zhonghe died it does not matter, but if our Duan leader die then that will be very depressing. Even if Duan leader did die that is not a big thing, I, Yue Lao Er die because of you is really not worth it!”
    Duan Yu consoled her softly: “Miss Wang, that was a big shock, you should rest against the tree for a while,”
    Wan Yuyan broke into a cry, her hand holding her face: “Don’t care about me, I….I….I don’t want to live anymore.”
    Duan Yu was shocked: “She really wanted to die, but why? Maybe….Maybe..” He looked at Yun Zhonghe, seeing his fierce look, he thought : “Ai ya, maybe Miss Wang was disgraced by this man, so she wanted to die?”
    Zhong Ling walked up, she said: “Hi, Yue Laosan!”
    The Divine Cron saw her, he was overjoyed, he said loudly: “ Hi, little master wife! Right now I am Yue Lao Er, not Yue Laosan anymore!”
    Zhong Ling said: “Don’t say little, it sounds horrible. Yue Lao Er, I ask you, why does this Miss Wang wanted to die? Is it this bamboo man who caused the trouble? I bet he’s feeling itchy!” As she said this she blew on her 10 fingers. Yun Zhonghe’s face color changed drastically, he withdrew 2 steps.
    The Divine Croc shook his head, he said: “No, no. The heaven and earth are generous, this time Yun the fourth changed his character, suddenly did a good deed. Us 3 people don’t have Ye Erniang this companion, We are quite depressed, we came out to calm ourselves, when we walked here, we saw this ugly girl about to jump, she jumped with great force, Yun the fourth didn’t catch her properly, sigh, he used to be a violent and fierce person, suddenly trying to do a good deed, it cannot be helped to went out of control……”
    Yun Zhonghe said angrily: “Your granny, I was just kind, when did I do a good deed? The surnamed Yun likes pretty girls, seeing this Miss Wang about to commit suicide, of course I find it not worth it, I wanted to take her home and make her my wife for a couple of days.”
    The Divine Croc was furious, he cursed: “Your granny, Yue Lao Er thought you changed character, saving people, remembering that you are a famous evil person and we had a deep friendship, I helped holding your hair, if I have knew that, I would’ve let you die.”
    Zhong Ling laughed and said: “Yue Lao Er, you used to be the “Ferocious Deity and Evil Devil”, You only do evil, you don’t do good deeds, now you changed your character already? Did you learn it from your master?”
    The Divine Croc scratched his head, he said: “No, No! No change of character, no change of character! Because the 4 arch villain have lost one person, it feels kind of weird. When I grabbed Yun the fourth, I also fell down, good that Duan leader’s martial art is good, he came and grabbed me. But the 3 of us is 400 pounds in weight, this drag and pull, Duan leader also came down. He used his crutch to hook on to the pine tree, there is no way to come up, unexpectedly came a fat man from Tibet, cutting down the pine tree.
    Zhong Ling asked: “This fat man is from Tibet? Why does he want to kill you?”
    The Divine Croc spat, he said: “We the 4 arch evils are Western Xia’s first, second class fighter, no, no, its third, fourth class fighter, you guys knew that long ago. This time the emperor is choosing the prince consort for the princess, he ordered a bunch of top fighters to stop people if they want to cause trouble. The Tibet prince was really unreasonable, he commanded people to stop people from going to try out for the prince consort, only he is allowed. Of course we are not happy,so we fought, and killed 10 of his Tibet people. So, we 3 arch evils and Tibet are not best friends anymore.”
    When he said, everyone nodded, but why does Wang Yuyan wants to commit suicide, no one understood.
    The Divine Croc added: Miss Wang, My master is here, you guys should get married, no need to commit suicide anymore!”
    Wang Yuyan raised her head, she said chokingly: “You are blabbering nonsense to bully me, I…...I will hit myself and die right here.”
    Duan Yu said quickly: “Can’t do that, can’t do that!” He turned to the Divine Croc and said: “ Yue Laosan(Yue number 3) , you can’t…”
    The Divine Croc said: “Yue Lao Er(Yue number 2)!”
    Duan Yu said: “Ok, it’s Yue Lao Er! You stop blabbering nonsense. But you did save lives, master is thankful. I will really need to teach you some martial arts!”
    The Divine Croc had a strange look, he looked sideways at Wang Yuyan and said: “You don’t want to be my master wife? This is my big master wife, this is my little master wife, they are both my master wife.” he looked at Mu Wanqing,then looked at Zhong Ling.
    Mu Wanqing blushed red, she spat, and said: “Yi, where is that ugly freak?” Everyone was looking at Xu Zhu saving people, they just realized that You Tanzhi and Azi has disappeared.
    Duan Yu asked: “Big brother, they are already gone?”
    Xiao Feng said: “They are already gone. You agreed to his conditions, I will not block his way.” He cannot help but feel at loss, he doesn’t know after Azi and You Tanzhi leave, what will happen to them.
    The Divine Croc shouted: “Leader, number 4, are we going now?” He saw Duan Yanqing and Yun Zhonghe already walked to the north, he turned around and said to Duan Yu: “ I am going to go now!” He sped up his pace, following Duan Yanqing and Yun Zhonghe back to Xinzhou.
    Zhong Ling said: “Miss Wang, let’s sit in the carriage.” She supported Wan Yuyan, letting her sit in the carriage Azi sat before.
    Everyone headed to Xinzhou. They arrived in Xinzhou in the evening.
    At the time, Western Xia has 22 provinces. The one near the yellow river are Lingzhou, Hongzhou, Yinzhou, Xiazhou province, near the western river there are Xinzhou, Lianzhou, Ganzhou, Suzhou province in Gansu, Ningxia area. The land of the Yellow River gain benefits, rich grains, the so-called "Yellow River harm, mercenary," Western Xia is the land of the river and land. Soldiers and horses are strong, the number reaching 50 thousands. Western Xia are brave and strong, Yun: “Controlling soldiers are harder than rocks, setting ambushes for the enemies. To cavalry for the former army, by good horse, good armour, if they’re thieves, hook him, dead immediately. In a war, first battle in formations, if the formation is broken, the foot soldier charge in.” The Great Song with years of confrontation, tired and defeated. Western Xia’s emperor’s surname is Li, in fact, Tang Taizong national surname is Li, Great Song’s national surname is Zhao, but Western Xia are happy to be surnamed Li. Western Xia’s people have war everywhere, expanding their border, more migration. Right now, Xinzhou is Western Xia’s capital, but compared with the original fame, is still far away.
    That night Xiao Feng can’t find any inn. Xinzhou is naturally not bustling, at the time it is the Qingming season, countless heroes came from different places, many inns are already full. Xiao Feng then went out of the city, he found a temple and used it as a shelter, men sleep in the west wing and women sleep in the east.
    After Duan Yu see Wang Yuyan again, he was happy and sad, that night he flipped over and over again, how can he sleep? He thought: “Why does Miss Wang want to commit suicide? How can I stop her from committing suicide? Ai, I don’t even know why she wants to commit suicide, how can I persuade her?”
    Seeing the moonlight coming in from the window, it was quite bright, it was difficult for him to sleep, he slowly got up and went into the courtyard, seeing 2 trees with leaves not so beautiful, bending on top of the temple’s roof. Right now it is in spring, although the weather is cool, at night, it is still quite cold. Duan Yu walked around the tree for a couple of rounds, then thought again: “Why does she want to commit suicide?”

The description about Western Xia, please someone help me edit that part.

Thank you wuxiabeginner!

Thanks very much! My deep gratitude!

Thank you, I am just wondering, what are your favourite characters?

Walking out of the temple, the moonlight shone onto a person’s shadow, it was a white dressed maiden, her figure very similar to Wang Yuyan. Duan Yu was shocked, he said darkly: “Oh no, she wants to die.” He sped up his pace, and came behind the white dress maiden. The pond water is as clear as the mirror, the face of the white dress maiden is precisely Wang Yuyan.
    Duan Yu don’t dare to advance, he thought: “At Shaolin mountain, she was angry at me, this time we meet again, her face still shows that color, presumably nothing but anger. This time she want to die , it might be because she is angry at me. Ai, Duan Yu ah Duan Yu, you anger this beautiful lady, making her depressed, even a hundred deaths are not enough.” He hid behind a big tree, he sighed thinking that he did something really wrong. If somebody in this world deserve to commit suicide, it is him Duan Yu, not this Miss Wang.
    Seeing the jade like texture of the lake, suddenly there are tiny little water ripples expanding, Duan Yu looked at it , he saw a few water droplets falling into the pond, it was Wang Yuyan’s tears. Duan Yu felt even more pitiful, but he heard her sigh and said softly: “I...I should die, so that it ends this endless suffering.”

Duan Yu can’t take it anymore, he walked from behind the tree and said: “Miss Wang, a thousand no, ten thousand no. It is all I, Duan Yu’s fault, please hold on. If…..if you are still angry, I will kneel down.” He did what he said, his knees fell down, he was kneeling in front of her.
    Wang Yuyan was surprised, she said anxiously: “ You...What are you doing? Please get up, if other people see it what will they think?”
    Duan Yu said: “If miss forgive me, forget all my wrongdoings, then I will get up.”
    Wang Yuyan asked oddly: “What do I forgive you for?What am I angry for? What did you do wrong?”
    Duan Yu said: “I saw miss very depressed, I thought miss must be sad because I wronged gentleman Murong, making him unhappy, so I led you into trouble. Next time if we meet again, if he wants to hit me, kill me, I’ll only run, I won’t hit him. If you don’t want me to run, then I will give him my life.”
    Wang Yuyan paused for a second, then said: “Ai, you...you fool, I am depressed with myself, what is it about you?”
    Duan Yu said: “Does that mean, miss you are not angry at me?”
    Wang Yuyan said: “Of course not!”
    Duan Yu said: “ Then my heart can relax.” He stood up, then felt that it wasn’t right. If Wang Yuyan was depressed because of him, hit him, scold him, stabbed him with a sword, cut him with a knife, he would be more than happy, but she just said: “I am depressed with myself, what is it about you?” he couldn’t help but feel at loss.
    Seeing Wang Yuyan hung her head, tears dropped onto her chest, her silk dress doesn’t absorb water, so the tears wet her clothes, Duan Yu’s heart ached, he said: “Miss, what is troubling you, please tell me. I will do my best to fulfill your wish, I will have a way to make you happy again.”
    Wang Yuyan shook her head slowly, the moonlight shone on her teary eyes like blue crystals, those blue crystals seems to carry happiness, but that light went dim, she said faintly: “Gentleman Duan, you are always so good to me, in my heart I am very thankful, but this you do not have the ability to help me.”
    Duan Yu said: “I don’t have much abilities, but my big brother Xiao, second brother Xu Zhu has top martial arts, they are both here, I am their sworn brother, we are as close as if linked by flesh and blood, whatever I ask them, they’ll understand. Miss Wang, why are you so depressed, you can tell me. Even if it is very difficult, irreversible, you can say it out, it will make you feel better.”
    Wang Yuyan’s pale cheeks suddenly are covered with a layer of faint red, she turned her head, not willing to stare at Duan Yu’s eyes, she whispered in a low, soft voice: “He….he wants to become the Western Xia’s prince consort. Second brother Gongye helped me, he said to restore Great Yan, he can’t destroy a girl’s love for him.” After she says this, she turned around, put her head in Duan Yu’s shoulders, and cried.
    Duan Yu was flattered, he didn’t dare to move,he didn’t know if he was happy or sad. So Wang Yuyan was depressed because Murong Fu wants to become the Western Xia’s prince consort, if he married the Western Xia princess, naturally Wang Yuyan will be ignored. Duan Yu naturally thought: “If she can’t marry her cousin, maybe she will change her thoughts about me. I don’t need to marry her, if I can see her everyday, in my heart I am happy. She likes being quiet, I can accompany her to a deserted mountain or island, living peacefully, what’s better than that?” Thinking about happy moments, he couldn’t help but dance a little.
    Wang Yuyan moved her body, she stepped back, seeing Duan Yu’s happy expressions, she said angrily: : “You….you...I thought you were a good person, I told you, I did not realize that you will laugh at me.”
    Duan Yu said: “No. no! The heaven is my witness, if I, Duan Yu even the slightest feeling to laugh at you, thunder will split my body, 10000 arrows will pierce me!”
    Wang Yuyan said: “You don’t want to laugh at me, that’s good, who told you to swear an oath? So, why were you so happy?”
    As soon as she said it, she understood: Duan Yu was delighted, because if Murong Fu marries the princess, then his love rival will be gone. Duan Yu love her with all his heart, do you think she doesn’t know it? Except that she has doted her cousin since childhood, she had no time to read Duan Yu’s feeling, she cannot help but apologize that the word “love” must not be involved. After she understood Duan Yu’s intention, she was shocked with shame, with flushed cheeks, she angrily said: “You are not laughing at me, but it is still not good intention.”

Wow that was a quick update wuxiabeginner! Thank you! My Fav characters are Xiao Feng or Xu Zhu.

Great job! Are you sure you are a beginner?