Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1522

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

It might be a good idea to compile the last few chapters into a fifth pdf. (There are 4 others made somewhere in this thread.) I might do it if I have the time just so this stuff doesn't get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by CancerLuna View Post
    It might be a good idea to compile the last few chapters into a fifth pdf. (There are 4 others made somewhere in this thread.) I might do it if I have the time just so this stuff doesn't get lost.
    pdf? not epub?

Quote Originally Posted by bteoh View Post
    This is truly a cause for celebration!! Finally! All the Jin Yong's major books have been translated into english!!!
    Now it is just Sword Stained with Royal Blood that is left..

Thanks so much Justin!!

Thank you Justin13 and - especially after reading the latest case involving the young Guardsman - I hope your conscription goes as well as such things can.

I was re-reading the beginning of Legend of the Condor Heroes in the recent thread discussing translation of that story - full of righteous anger towards foreigners rampaging and looting along the Jin-Song border. The end of this story has similar themes but somewhat different, ie. the Song border guards are baddies and we are "supporting" some of the foreigners (XF and some of the Lingjiu followers + people from Dali).

One thing that would be very interesting would be to check how often JY uses the term "Han" people versus "Song" over each story set in that time period.

Thank you Justin13 for the last sprint to the finish line! This novel has been a relay race lasting several years if not decades. Thank you to all the other relay race translators!

Quote Originally Posted by ninjasam17 View Post

Thanks so much Justin!!
    I read your earlier post bro but my hands are full now. Working on a APP. If anyone has any reliable contacts in Japan, please introduce to me. thefinaljustin at google m@il

Quote Originally Posted by Patudo View Post
    Thank you Justin13 and - especially after reading the latest case involving the young Guardsman - I hope your conscription goes as well as such things can.

I was re-reading the beginning of Legend of the Condor Heroes in the recent thread discussing translation of that story - full of righteous anger towards foreigners rampaging and looting along the Jin-Song border. The end of this story has similar themes but somewhat different, ie. the Song border guards are baddies and we are "supporting" some of the foreigners (XF and some of the Lingjiu followers + people from Dali).

One thing that would be very interesting would be to check how often JY uses the term "Han" people versus "Song" over each story set in that time period.

Fellow sg? My exercise ended in march... all smooth. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjasam17 View Post

Thanks so much Justin!!
    not really...

the other fox aka young fox is only available chapter 1

Thank you very much for finishing the translation. Thanks to everybody who has translated.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Thank your amazing work

I'd like to chime in my thanks, too for the work of all the translators! I was reading this when d4rkskinz was taking over, back in I think 2014. When the translation seemed to grind to a halt just as the book's different threads were starting to tie themselves together into a whole, it nearly broke my heart, so I didn't dare read the new posts more recently for fear of being disappointed again... Now it's all been translated, I can do it... I think it's back to the beginning again for me, though, so the whole story's fresh! Thanks very much infinityex and wuxiabeginner for keeping the translation alive in its darkest hour, and for Justin13 for his amazing work in finishing this off... Wow! True heroes.

Even if some of us "lurk", the work done on these translations is very much appreciated. Such a fantastic labour of love, something very very special indeed. I hope that you are all proud of having been a part of this. I am in awe...

You're welcome! I'm so glad that the others completed it!

Thumbs up Thanks

Wow! Hooray! Thanks to God, after so many years of anticipation, the translation of this attractive novel has been completed!
    We cannot thank enough to all the translators of this novel for their hard work, especially to the dear Justin.
    Dear Justin Bravo! Thanks very much!
    "The bitterest enemy of you is carnal desires of yourself."

"The best fight is fight against carnal desires of oneself."

- The Successor of the Prophet of Islam, Imam Ali peace be upon him

wow, this novel finally done, w00t.

Is there ebook version?

Quote Originally Posted by SamadShiblu View Post
    Is there ebook version?
    you can check all JY's e-book versions on my site https://jianghuindo.blogspot.com/202...-jin-yong.html
    Best Wuxia author of all time : master Jin Yong

just want to inform that the translation made by infinityex on chapter 44 here:

https://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthr...5#.YTwkjJ0zbIU

had a missing part . perhaps he forgot to translate .

between his post number #1290 and #1297

here was the missing part (sorry i dont know mandarin, you can use google translate or hope someone here could translate it for us). i will update the e-book if someone could help translate this to english.

based on 2nd edition

木婉清急叫:“休得伤我哥哥!”嗤嗤数箭射出,都如石沉大海,虽然中在两名大汉身上,却是不损其分毫,想要 射他二人头脸眼珠,可是中间隔了个段誉,又怕伤及于他。两旁山峰壁立,虚竹、巴天石、朱丹臣三人被段木二人 坐骑阻住了,无法上前相救。

虚竹飞身离鞍,跃到持杵大汉身侧,伸指正要往他胁下点去,却听得段誉哈哈大笑,说道:“二哥不须惊惶, 他们伤我不得。”

只见两条铁塔也似的大汉渐渐矮了下来,两颗大头摇摇摆摆,站立不定,过不多时,砰砰两声,倒在地下。段 誉的“北冥神功”专吸敌人功力,两条大汉的内力一尽,天生膂力也即无用,两人委顿在地,形如虚脱。段誉说道 :“你们已打死打伤了这许多人,也该受此惩罚,下次万万不可。”

钟灵恰于此时赶到,笑道:“只怕他们下次再也没打人的本领了。”转头向木婉清道:“木姊姊,我真想不到 是你!”木婉清冷冷的道:“你是我亲妹子,只叫‘姊姊’便了,何必加上个‘木’字?”钟灵奇道:“木姊姊, 你说笑了,我怎么会是你的亲妹子?”木婉清向段誉一指道:“你去问他!”钟灵转向段誉,待他解 释。

段誉涨红了脸,说道:“是,是……这个……这时候却也不便细说……”

本来被两条大汉挡住的众人,一个个从他身边抢了过去,直奔灵州。

阿紫叫道:“哥哥,这位好香的姑娘,也是你的老相好么?怎么不替我引见引见?”段誉道:“别胡说,这位 ……这位是你的……你的亲姊姊,你过来见见。”木婉清怒道:“我哪有这么好福气?”在驴臀上轻轻一鞭,径往 前行。

段誉纵骑赶了上去,问道:“这些时来,你却在哪里?妹子,你……你可真清减了。”木婉清心高气傲,动不 动便出手杀人,但听了他这句温柔言语,突然胸口一酸,一年多来道路流离,种种风霜雨雪之苦,无可奈何之情, 霎时之间都袭上了心头,泪水再也无法抑止,扑簌簌的便滚将下来。段誉道:“好妹子,我们大伙儿人多,有个照 应,你就跟我们在一起罢。”木婉清道:“谁要你照应?没有你,我一个人不也这么过日子了?”段誉道:“我有 许多话要跟你说,好妹子,你答应跟我们在一起好不好?”木婉清道:“你又有甚么话跟我说了?多半是胡说八道 。”嘴里虽没答允,口风却已软了。段誉甚喜,搭讪道:“好妹子,你虽然清瘦了些,可越长越俊啦 !”

木婉清脸一沉,道:“你是我兄长,可别跟我说这些话。”她心下烦乱已极,明知段誉是自己同父异母的哥哥 ,但对他的相思爱慕之情,别来非但并未稍减,更只有与日俱增。

段誉笑道:“我说你越长越俊,也没甚么不对。好妹子,你为甚么着了男装上灵州去?是去招驸马么?像你这 么俊美秀气的少年书生,那西夏公主一见之后,非爱上你不可。”木婉清道:“那你为甚么又上灵州去了?”段誉 脸上微微一红,道:“我是去瞧瞧热闹,更无别情。”木婉清哼了一声,道:“你别尽骗我。爹爹叫你去做西夏驸 马,命这姓巴的、姓朱的送信给你,你当我不知道么?”

note:
    the difference between 2nd and 3rd edition is only this paragraph:

3rd edition;
      木婉清急叫:“休得伤我哥哥!”嗤嗤数箭射出,都如石沉大海,虽中在两名大汉身上,却不损其分毫,要想 射他二人头脸眼珠,可是中间隔了个段誉,又怕伤及于他。两旁山峰壁立,巴天石和朱丹臣给段木二人坐骑阻住了 ,没法上前相救。

这时萧峰、虚竹等人也已近前,虚竹飞身离鞍,跃到持杵大权身侧,伸指正要往他胁下点去,却听得段誉哈哈 大笑,说道:“二哥不须惊惶,他们伤我不得。”

In addition to the missing paragraph on chapter 44, I have also found several paragraphs which are translated rather incorrectly in chapter 45 (describing informations about Western Xia and its military power). Those paragraphs are written in a style closer to classical Chinese (文言) rather than vernacular Chinese (白话) which is more commonly used throughout the book, and there is even a section quoted from the History of Song (宋史). The translation of those paragraphs closely resembles those of Google Translate, which is known for its somewhat inaccurate translation even for phrases in vernacular Chinese, not to mention classical Chinese. I have made a rough attempt to translate the paragraphs below.

At the time Western Xia has 22 provinces. The one near the Yellow River are Lingzhou, Hongzhou, Yinzhou, and Xiazhou province, near the Western River there are Xingzhou, Lianzhou, Ganzhou, and Suzhou province, which is now in Gansu, Ningxia region. These lands have the advantage of irrigation from the Yellow River, crops are bountiful. It is said that “the Yellow river harms 100 regions, only benefiting one Tao(套, name of a region)”,the region occupied by Western Xia is exactly the Hetao (河套) region.

The Western Xia soldiers are strong and their horses robust, there are 50 thousands of them. The soldiers are valiant and courageous, in the book 'History of Song' it is written: "In employing troops they often erect fake cliffs with soldiers hidden in them. They use 'iron cavalry' as the front troops, which consists of soldiers riding fine horses and wearing impenetrable heavy armors. Using a large rope connected to a hook, even if the soldiers died on top of the horse, they would not fall to the ground. When they meet the enemy, the first to be deployed are the 'iron cavalry' that would immediately form a formation. In the middle of disorder, the 'iron cavalry' will emerge to attack the enemy, and the infantry and cavalry would begin advancing." (用兵多立虛岩,設伏兵包敵。以鐵騎為前軍,乘善馬,重甲,刺斫不入,用鉤索絞聯,雖死馬上,不墜。遇戰則 先出鐵騎突陣,陣亂則衝擊之,步兵挾騎以進。) The Song Empire has been waging wars on them for several years, yet eventually became tired of fighting and being defeated.

Although the Imperial Family of Western Xia is surnamed Li, in fact, they are Hu people from Tuoba clan, their surname Li was given during the reign of Emperor Taizong (Li Shimin) of Tang dynasty. During the Song dynasty they were given the surname Zhao, but the Western Xia Imperial Family is content enough with their surname Li. Western Xia people waged wars on all directions, expanding their territories,and their capital city migrates over time. Currently their capital city is Xingzhou, but compared to the famous cities in the Central Plains, naturally it is still far from their level.

Hi guys, is there an epub of the final book of this story? TIA

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a79n8.../dgsd.zip/file

not sure how long it'll stay up so snag it while you can I guess.