Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

I'm really enjoying this and a big thank you for everyone who are translating. Kudos to you guys!

If any of you had noticed, I have done some amendments to Chapter 5, most noteworthy the poem Goddess Luo written by Cao Zhi. I realised the online edition I'm using (well, in fact, almost *all* online editions are riddled with such mistakes , I have yet to find one which sticks hundred percentedly to the original novel) had added an additional *nonsensical* verse to the poem (totally made no sense), removed a few words, and even changed some of the words which entirely distorted the meaning! (All of those online editions fooled me; none has the original poem intact!) Also, after reading my translation, I realised there were a couple of pretty glaring English errors, be it grammatical, awkward syntax, repetition and some long-windedness. Don't know how you guys were able to tolerate them. My bad. Still, it badly needs some editing, I guess; I can only improve the readability of the text by that much.

And just for you guys' information, I am halfway done with Chapter 7. I believe I should be ready with a full Chapter 7 the moment ani411 finished posting hers. Cheers once again

Regards,
    Pacifian

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifian
    If any of you had noticed, I have done some...
    Thank you for making such a big effort! I'm afraid this is my first ever reading of DGSD so I don't know about all the other versions - but I am enjoying the way the translation is consistent and admire your dedication to making it the best you can.

Is anyone else wondering whether this nun is really DY's mother or not? She seems a bit.. well.. odd for a nun.

Odd? how so?...

She really is his mom. A large part of the story is about his odd family.

Aww.. comon.. you just killed all the doubts and suspension for those who haven't read DMSD before... =p (I'm not one of them btw) Ah well, the nun IS Duan Yu's mom... I don't see anything odd about her nun-ness...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfe
    .. I don't see anything odd about her nun-ness...
    Really? No one finds a nun odd who is a) obviously married with kids, b) finding it amusing that her son has come back married and c) seems to actually enjoying fighting?

Ah... my perception of things might be coloured by foreknowledge...sorry about that. Well, having kids might mean that she had kids BEFORE she became a nun. As for finding it amusing... I think she thinks its more of a joke and temporary considering who Duan Yu's father is... ^^" And actually enjoying fighting? Where do you find that? o.O

Mu Wanqing said angrily, “What has it got to do with you whether or not I am wild?” If you do not let go of him, I am going to shoot you with my darts.” The nun laughed and said, “You want to try?” Duan Yu shouted, “No, Sister Wan! Do you know who she is?” and put his arms around the nun’s neck. Mu Wanqing became even angrier and with a wave of her hand, two poison darts shot towards the nun.

The nun had been all smiles, but after seeing the darts, her expression changed, and she waved her horse whisk, catching the two darts. She asked sternly, “How is ‘The Sabre of Antagonism’ Qin Hongmian related to you?” Mu Wanqing replied, “What ‘The Sabre of Antagonism’ Qin Hongmian? Never heard of her. Quick! Let go of my Husband Duan!” She had obviously seen now that it was Husband Duan who was hugging the nun, and not the nun who was hugging Husband Duan, but she still felt that it was the nun’s fault.

Duan Yu, seeing that the nun was angry to the extent that her face was deathly pale, advised, “Mom, don’t be angry.”

“Mom, don’t be angry.” these few words went into Mu Wanqing’s ears; she was greatly shocked and could not believe her own ears and she gasped, “What!! She…she is your mother?!”

Duan Yu said with a laugh, “Just now, I called ‘Mum’, didn’t you hear?” and turned his head, saying to the nun, “Mum, she is Mu Wanqing Miss Mu, when I met with danger these few days and was bullied by evil people, she saved my life many times.”

Suddenly, from behind the willow tree, someone shouted, “Sage of the Hollow Jade! Be careful! He is one of the Four Great Evils!” Following this, someone dashed out, it was Zhu Dan Chen. He, seeing the nun’s expression on her face, thought that she had been taken advantage of by Yun Zhong He, said with a shaking voice, “You…you fought with him?” (to be continued)

Sorry everyone that I have not been translating for over a month .

Thus, I think it best to inform everyone that every three months, I will not be able to translate for a few weeks. Besides that, I will try my best to translate as often as possible.

Credits to wuxiapedia for their terms in facts and figures.
    Last edited by ani411; 03-11-07 at 01:24 AM.

Thank you for the update

Yun Zhong He said with a laugh, “Starting now won’t be too late!” and before he finished his sentence, he had already leapt, his feet on the saddle of the horse, and it seemed as though there was a flagpole erected on the back of the horse. Suddenly, his body reached towards the front, his right foot hooking on to the saddle and at the same time, his iron fingers reached towards the nun, trying to grab her. The nun slanted her body to the left of the horse and her horsehair whisk with two darts flew out; Yun Zhong He dodged them. The nun then waved her horsehair whisk and attacked his left leg, but Yun Zhong He actually did not dodge it and instead, the iron fingers in his left hand reached and tried to grab the nun’s back. The nun avoided them and fought back with her horsehair whisk. Yun Zhong He took a step forward, his foot on the horse’s head, having the advantage of a commanding position overlooking the ground below and the iron fingers in his right hand swept out.

Zhu Dan Chen yelled, “Come down!” and leapt on to the crupper, the judge’s brush in his left hand attacking his waist on the left. Yun Zhong He blocked the attack with the iron fingers in this left hand, attacking short by long and counter-attacked. The Sage of the Hollow Jade waved her horsehair whisk and attacked his legs at the same time. Yun Zhong He, the iron fingers in his two hands flying, was alone fighting two and was actually losing. Mu Wanqing, seeing that he was standing high on the horse and had the advantage of not needing to defend his upper half of the body, shot out a dart and hit the horse’s left eye. The horse whined and collapsed. The Sage of the Hollow Jade turned her horsehair whisk and caught the iron fingers in Yun Zhong He’s right hand. Zhu Dan Chen quickly ran up and attacked continuously with three strokes. At the same time, The Sage of the Hollow Jade and Yun Zhong He were having a “tug-of-war”.
    (to be continued)

Credits to Wuxiapedia.

In my busy-ness with LoCH I have been ignoring this story; my loss. Thank you Pacifian and Ani411! Can't believe nobody else posted anything this past month here. I do hope you two continue this novel.

Quote Originally Posted by foxs_
    In my busy-ness with LoCH I have been ignoring this story; my loss. Thank you Pacifian and Ani411! Can't believe nobody else posted anything this past month here. I do hope you two continue this novel.
    I will post mine once ani411 is done with hers. All I can say is: Patience, buddy.

Ooooo ... don't worry about me. What I meant was: can't believe nobody even say thanks to Ani for her last update.

Its just lazyness I guess. I imagine most of the people who read these threads are mere lurkers, such as myself. I really don't enjoy participating in the discussions very much, and even just posting a reply saying thank you is a bit of a hassle, which is why I only do it every once in a while.

Anyways,

to both ani411 and Pacifian: many thanks

Pure laziness, or sometimes we haven't even noticed the updates! Thank you!

Although Yun Zhong He’s internal energy was much stronger, he was using half of it to block Zhu Dan Chen’s judge’s brush and also to defend himself against Mu Wanqing’s poison darts. Thus, he felt his hand tremble and at the same time, both the horsehair whisk and iron fingers left their hands and flew up in the sky. He knew that today he could not possibly win and he cursed, “Fellows of Dali are always winning with more people!” Leaping up from the saddle, his body flying out like an arrow, the iron fingers in his left hand caught the branches of a big willow tree nearby and turning over, he was already a few metres away. Mu Wanqing shot a dart towards him and “Pa!” it landed on the willow tree. As for Yun Zhong He, he was already gone and nowhere to be seen. Following this, “Dang Qiang Qiang!” and both the horsehair whisk and iron fingers landed on the ground.

Zhu Dan Chen went on his knees and bowed respectfully to The Sage of the Hollow Jade, saying, “Dan Chen almost lost his life today, thank you for the rescue.” The Sage of the Hollow Jade smiled and replied, “I haven’t touched any weapons for over ten years and my skills have deproved. Brother Zhu, what is the origin of this person?” Zhu Dan Chen replied, “I have heard that the Four Great Evils are coming together to Dali. This person is ranked as the last of the four, but his martial art skills are already so great. Thus, we can imagine how the other three are. Could you please…please evade them for a while in the prince’s palace and let us deal with the Four Great Evils first?

The expression on The Sage of the Hollow Jade’s face slightly changed and she said, “Why should I still go to the Prince’s Palace? If the Four Great Evils come and I cannot defeat them, I shall just die.” Zhu Dan Chen did not dare to continue talking and kept winking to Duan Yu, asking him to help plead with his mother.

Credits to Wuxiapedia.

I am really sorry for the big gap in between the translations . I will try my best to translate more.

thanks ani411!!! no problem about the big gap, we're just happy with anything =)

i love these characters - they're so quirky!! and loveable too.

Thanks ani for the translation.

Just wondering if "evade" in the paragraph can be changed to another term such as "hide"?

Han solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Hi , i know i'm a bot late, but about that chapter title 'All is lost', how about 'impending loss' or 'imminent loss'.

My points: since there are seemingly no alternative, a loss is seemingly at hand

The loss hasn't occurred yet, though however slim the chances are, it might still be deterred, thus the loss is imminent.