Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    ask the locals if you can suck them dry.
    That's more likely to get mis-interpreted.
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    That's more likely to get mis-interpreted.
    Now wouldn't that be an interesting senario.

Thanks anii for the translation.

I'm going to Yunan this sunday for a trip- the travel agency uses the phrase " Land of the Tian Long Ba Bu"

I'll see if i can get some great pic of this place for the translations. (and also if there's any secret martial arts lying around)

Han Solo
    Make sure you visit the Ancient City of Dali [Da Li Gu Cheng 大理古城], which is located separately from the newer Dali City. Dali is not near Kunming, the capital.

And if you get to the Ancient City of Dali, visit the Three Pagodas, which is located in Chongsheng Temple [Chong Sheng Si 崇圣寺], which is otherwise known as Temple of the Celestial Dragon (Tianlong Si) in DGSD.

Enjoy the view of Lake Er (Sea of Er) [Er Hai 洱海] and the Diancang Mountains [Dian Cang Shan 点苍山] in the same area.

If possible, visit The Boundless Mountains Nature Reserve [Wu Liang Shan 无量山]. Yes, it really exists. Fall down a cliff, walk around the Lake of Swords and find the entrance of the Boundless Jade Cavern. Directions are available here.

Have a good trip!

HYS
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

I'm writing from Yunan - spend the last night in Dali, and part of this morning too.

The old palace of Dali has been reduced to nothing much at all.

There's still remnant of the city wall.

The ancient city of the Dali is truly beautiful- and is well preserved, and is a focal point of tourism in Yunan.

Unfortunately, the tour guide did not arrange for us to visit the Celestial Dragon Temple- they're more interested in bringing us to the Tian Long Ba Bu (DGSD 2003) shooting site and to the various shops and factories (where they receives commisions).

I'll try to upload some photos when i get back from the holiday.

Han Solo
    P/s: I got some amusing photos including one where ppl are selling the heavenly sword.
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

I had some photos but all my photos are at least 1 mb.

HYS+Candide, i need some help to access wuxiapedia edit site to post the photos!!

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Hey, not to necropost or anything, but is anyone still doing the translation? Because I'm interested in helping out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by raistlin25 View Post
    Hey, not to necropost or anything, but is anyone still doing the translation? Because I'm interested in helping out as well.
    Helping to translate? Sure! I don't think ani411 will mind too.

I am sort of done with Chapter 7 quite some time back (I even had the time to do some bits of editing myself) but I guess I can only post it after Chapter 6 is done. Plus, I am rather busy recently. You might want to start on Chapter eight or something, because ani411 is doing the translation for Chapter 6, and I guess it's only right to let her continue her part.

Thumbs up

Well I'm definitely looking forward to reading this now! The translations of TLS and LOCH have just completed, so I am now following DGSD with heavy interest. C'mon guys, let's get this baby started, and have some fun!!!

Hi everyone! This is my first post here. I just wanted to say thanks to the translators for all their work. I've been searching all over for HSDS, and finally came here and read this thread, and even read the threads on chs. 41 and 42. Looking forward to the rest of it!

All this makes me wish I studied a little harder all those years in Chinese school.

Since we haven't heard from ani411 for quite a while, and the fact that she hasn't responded to my PM which I sent her 2 months ago, is it safe to assume that I can take it over from here?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifian View Post
    Since we haven't heard from ani411 for quite a while, and the fact that she hasn't responded to my PM which I sent her 2 months ago, is it safe to assume that I can take it over from here?
    Yes, assume that ani411 is off the net, and take over please.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

i'm keeping my fingers crossed PACIFIAN. this would make a great gift for us wuxia readers who don't know chinese. i've been following this thread, and thanks to you... an advance gift for the CHRISTMAS. please o please.. do continue the translation for this story...hopefully the other magnanimous translators would join in too!!!!

go for it bro!

if you need an editor/help editing, feel free to send stuff my way.

So much for talking about continuing the translation, I was kind of swamped with work last December, and my procrastination somewhat set in. This is all I have for the moment. Translation will resume on a weekly basis, at the snail-paced speed if you can remember how i translated Chapter 5.

And yeah, you guys can hurry me sometimes, 'cause I admit to being a procrastinator.

------------------------------------

Mu Wan Qing’s teary face broke into one of laughter, and in a soft voice, she said, “Whether or not your mum likes me … why should I care?”

The underlying meaning of this, of course, was that “so long as you like me, that would be all that matters”.

Duan Yu’s heart shook for an instant; at the corner of his eye, he could see his mother staring at the pair of them, wearing an expression that seemed like a smile. He could not help feeling deeply embarrassed.

By then it was the shen hours of the day [shen = 3pm to 5pm], and they were approximately twenty to thirty li from the city of DaLi. Ahead, as clouds of dust swirled about in frenzy, what seemed like a thousand soldiers on horses rode towards them in rows. Two flags, apricot-yellow in colour, fanned out along with the wind. Two huge words in red which read “Zhen Nan” were written on one of the flags, while the other one had the words “Bao Guo” in black.

[Zhen Nan: Military Guardian of The South; Bao Guo: Protector of the Country]

“Mum,” Duan Yu called out, “Dad’s personally came to fetch you.”

The Sage of the Hollow Jade replied with a ‘hng’ sound and brought the horse to a halt. Gao Sheng Tai and the others got down their horses together to make way. Duan Yu rode his horse forward; Mu Wan Qing hesitated slightly, before following suit.

Soon the distance between both parties closed in. Duan Yu yelled, “Dad, Mum’s back.”

The two flag-carriers made way to the sides, and a man wearing purple robes rode straight towards them on a large white horse. “Yu’er,” The man roared, “You’re sure extremely mischievous. You’ve caused your Uncle Gao to get into such serious injuries. See if I don’t break both your legs.”

Startled, Mu Wan Qing thought: [i]Hng! You want to break Duan’lang’s legs … even if you’re his father, no way should you do that.”

The man in purple had such a rectangular face it looked like the Chinese character ‘guo’ [国]. With thick brows and large eyes, he wore a fierce and domineering facial expression, not without carrying an air of a king. Seeing his son has come home without any harm, he looked three-tenths furious, and the other seven-tenths relieved.

“How fortunate Duan’lang looks so much like his mother and not like you. Had he been as fierce-looking as you, I would definitely not like it,” thought Mu Wan Qing.

Duan Yu rode forward, laughing, “Dad, shall you be healthy always.”

Feigning anger, the man in purple robes said, “Healthy … what? At least I’m not angered to death with you.”

It would be great if you guys continue the translation.
    Thanks for the uptade. Pacifian, are you alone on this ?
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Default Thnx

yup, plz plz plz continue
    Rose blooms best near death
    You are in full bloom, Pal!

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    Make sure you visit the Ancient City of Dali [Da Li Gu Cheng 大理古城], which is located separately from the newer Dali City. Dali is not near Kunming, the capital.

And if you get to the Ancient City of Dali, visit the Three Pagodas, which is located in Chongsheng Temple [Chong Sheng Si 崇圣寺], which is otherwise known as Temple of the Celestial Dragon (Tianlong Si) in DGSD.

Enjoy the view of Lake Er (Sea of Er) [Er Hai 洱海] and the Diancang Mountains [Dian Cang Shan 点苍山] in the same area.

If possible, visit The Boundless Mountains Nature Reserve [Wu Liang Shan 无量山]. Yes, it really exists. Fall down a cliff, walk around the Lake of Swords and find the entrance of the Boundless Jade Cavern. Directions are available here.

Have a good trip!

HYS
    Tianlong Si! Wuliang Shan (is there a Wuliang Dong?)! Diancang Shan! What adventurous places!

The only thing missing is the Divine Farmer Clan base!
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Tianlong Si! Wuliang Shan (is there a Wuliang Dong?)! Diancang Shan! What adventurous places!

The only thing missing is the Divine Farmer Clan base!
    Pj, look at the Dali photo thread in wuxia fiction subforum- there's a view of the Tian Long Shi.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Pj, look at the Dali photo thread in wuxia fiction subforum- there's a view of the Tian Long Shi.

Han Solo
    Tian Long Shi!

Did you try barging in with a copy of Bruce Lee's 'The Tao of Jeet Kun Do' and offer to exchange it with their copy of the Liu Mai Shen Jian?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!