Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 5657585960616263646566
Results 1,301 to 1,312 of 1312

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

Thanks for the heads-up. I half thought that you have totally let go of this....

Quote Originally Posted by bteoh View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. I half thought that you have totally let go of this....
    I intend to try to continue but I have really been quite busy! please hang on. If someone else can take over that would be great too as I prefer to read than translate

That's gonna be tough... this series has been dragged and delayed over more than ten years. I think it's a miracle that it's even translated by you.

Quote Originally Posted by infinityex View Post
    I intend to try to continue but I have really been quite busy! please hang on. If someone else can take over that would be great too as I prefer to read than translate
    Thank you for infinityex and anyone else who are willing to continue the translation. I'm from Indonesia and I can't read Chinese but I am a big fan of Jin Yong's works. Therefore, I'm very grateful to all translators. I'm looking forward to read the translated last chapters of DGSD.

Default Chapter 45: Within The Dried Well, Beyond The Mud - Part 1 (枯井底 污泥处)

Thanks for replying guys! Happy Lunar New Year! Managed to get enough motivation to do a little bit. As I was slowly doing this chapter, I was thinking that all these characters are so ridiculously arrogant and unreasonable. Do you feel the same?

Chapter 45: Within The Dried Well, Beyond The Mud - Part 1

Ba Tianshi and Zhu Danchen met with Mu Wanqing and introduced her to Xiao Feng, Xu Zhu and the other gathered people. Ba and Zhu both knew that she was the daughter of the Zhennan King. However, as she had not been formally recognized, they addressed her as Miss Mu.

The group had covered a number of Li when they heard a loud cry from the left along with some loud sounds. The sounds were those of the Crocodile Deity’s, as if he had met some danger. Duan Yu shouted: “That’s my disciple!” Zhong Ling said: You should all go ahead first to take a look. Your disciple is not a bad person by nature. Xu Zhu agreed: “Yes!” His mother Ye Erniang had been close with the Crocodile Deity and it was likely that they had had some feelings for each other.

The group rode swiftly towards the sound. After making a few turns, they saw a dense forest. Beside the opposing cliff, they saw a strange and alarming scene.

A large cliff emerged from the deep valley there. Atop the cliff grew a single ancient-looking lone pine tree. Atop a branch of this tree was a man dangling from a single walking cane. Dressed in green, this was indeed Duan Yanqing. His left hand gripped the wooden cane while his right hand held a second cane. That cane was in turn held by the Southern Sea Crocodile Deity hanging below. The Crocodile Deity gripped a man’s long hair - Yun Zhonghe. Yun Zhonghe was holding on to a girl’s hands with both his own. The four people hung down like a long rope, swinging in the breeze precariously. Regardless who let go, those below would plunge into the valley measuring tens of Zhang. The valley was full of rocks and trees, like swords piercing upwards. It would be hard for someone who fell to survive.

At this time, a gust of wind arrived and made the Crocodile Deity, Yun Zhonghe and the girl spin almost half a round. This girl’s back had been facing the group. When she turned around, Duan Yu exclaimed: “Ai Yo!” and recklessly leaped down from his horse.

The girl was indeed the unforgettable Wang Yuyan that he had been pining for night and day.

Duan Yu, in a moment of clarity, saw that the cliff was dangerous and impossible to reach on horseback. He leapt down from the horse and rushed over on food. In front of the pine tree, he saw a big-headed and short fatty wielding a big axe in the process of chopping down the tree.

Duan Yu was bewildered and called out: “Wei! Wei, what are you doing?” The short fatty ignored him and kept hacking away at the pine tree stroke by stroke. “Peng! Peng!” Wood chips flew with large echoes. Duan Yu stretched out a finger and summoned his internal energy, prepared to use the Six Meridians Divine Sword (Liumai Shenjian) skill to injure him. He did not expect that his control of the skill was still poor and he could not always evoke it. He pointed repeatedly but there was no sign of the sword Qi manifesting. In a panic, he shouted: “Eldest brother! Second brother! My two good sisters and the four kind ladies! Quick, come and save these people!”

In the midst of his shouting, Xiao Feng and Xu Zhu had rushed over as well. It turned out that this fatty had been obscured by a large rock and could not be seen. Fortunately, the tree was large and solid and the fatty needed some time to chop it down.

Xiao Feng eyed the scene and was most astonished. He could not understand how this had come to pass. Xu Zhu called out: “Dear Fat-Brother, stop immediately! You must not chop this tree!” The fatty replied: “I planted this tree. I want to chop it down and take it home to make a coffin to sleep in. What right have you to interfere?” His hands never stopped chopping as he spoke. From below, the sounds and moans of the South Sea Crocodile Deity continually drifted over. Duan Yu said: “Second Brother, this man is not to be reasoned with. Please stop him before speaking on.” Xu Zhu said: “All right!” and dashed forwards.

A man holding two wooden crutches suddenly appeared and rushed past the group. With a few leaps, he appeared in front of the fatty. It was You Tanzhi. He had slipped out from the donkey cart at some unknown time. You Tanzhi had one crutch to the ground and one crutch pointed to the group. He proclaimed: “No one come over!”

Mu Wanqing had never seen him before. Suddenly seeing his strangely hideous visage, her face went bloodless and she let out a quiet “Ah!” sound.

Duan Yu hurriedly said: “Clan Leader Zhuang, please immediately stop this fatty and tell him not to keep chopping the tree.” You Tanzhi icily replied: “Why should I stop him? What does it benefit?” Duan Yu replied: “If the pine tree falls, everyone below will die.”

Xu Zhu saw that the situation was critical. He leaped nearer, thinking that even if he could not stop the fatty, he could at least pull up Duan Yanqing and the rest. He recalled the time when he managed to solve the Zhen Long Chess Formation and it had been greatly due to Duan Yanqing’s direction. It was hard to say if it had been for better or worse, learning his skills thereafter and everything that had happened from then on, but Duan Yanqing had been good to him and he felt that he should repay the favor.

You Tanzhi’s right hand stabbed the wooden crutch into the ground. His right palm swept outwards and a gust of ominous dark Qi blasted outwards. Xu Zhu was unafraid of his Toxic Cold Yin Palm but he also knew that this skill was formidable and should not be overlooked. He instantly replied with a palm of his own. You Tanzhi’s sent a second palm to the base of the pine tree which gave it a mightly shake. The four people hanging there shook even more precariously.

Duan Yu urgently called: “Second Brother, don’t go, we can talk this out. No need to take action first.”

You Tanzhi said: “Master Duan. You want me to stop this fatty. That is not difficulty. However, what benefit do I get?” Duan Yu said: “I will give you whatever you want. I won’t bargain. Quick! Quick save them before it’s too late!” You Tanzhi said: “After I stop the fatty, I want to leave immediately with Miss A-Zi. You, Xiao Feng, Xu Zhu and the rest must not stop me.”

Duan Yu said: “A-Zi? She… Her eyes need treatment from my Second Brother. After she leaves with you, what about her eyes?” You Tanzhi said: “If Mr. Xu Zhu can devise a way of returning her sight, so can I.” Duan Yu said: “This… this…” He watched the fatty continue chopping at the tree. Thinking that despite everything, saving their lives was more critical, he replied: “I agree! Quick… Quick…”

You Tanzhi waved his right palm and stabbed it towards the fatty. The fatty laughed icily and threw down his axe. With a cry, he used both palms to receive You Tanzhi’s palm force. His palms generated a mighty gust. You Tanzhi’s palm on the other hand was utterly silent.

In an instant, the fatty’s face suddenly changed. He had originally worn a smug expression which suddenly became very strange, as if he had suddenly seen the weirdest event of his life. Two trickles of fresh blood flowed down the sides of his mouth and his body gradually stiffened and curled up. He slowly fell from the cliff. After a long interval, there was a loud thud. His body had crashed into the sharp valley rocks with a dull echo. The group thought about the short fatty’s shattered body and felt a collective chill.

To be continued...

Happy Chinese New Year! Thank you for the translation Infinityex! Yes the characters are arrogant, unreasonable and sometimes very stupid with their love life decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by jinx81 View Post
    Happy Chinese New Year! Thank you for the translation Infinityex! Yes the characters are arrogant, unreasonable and sometimes very stupid with their love life decisions.
    Happy CNY to you too! Yes, and yet we keep reading on because they are rather entertaining ^_^

Yes they are entertaining. After you have finished translating this version, I have the TVB 80's version with Felix what's his name waiting for me to re-watch!

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Amazing, it's only by the translation I really can get the true meaning of the story. Great work

Thanks!! Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by wandering View Post
    Ebooks versions:

Thank you to Jayariyin for compiling this into word docs so that I can easily convert

PDF EPUB Kindle/MOBI Book 1: Adventures of Youth

PDF EPUB Kindle/MOBI Book 2: Shrouding Screen in Sunzhou

PDF EPUB Kindle/MOBI Book 3: Breaching the Formation

PDF EPUB Kindle/MOBI Book 4: Song of the Cave Immortal
    I am still hoping that we can finish book 5 someday. Thank you for all the hard work of the translators.

Umm, I tried translating some parts of chapter 45, if you guys want it I can post it.....