Page 60 of 77 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1522

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

Thanks d4rksinz.

: ( hope darksinz is alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyzebear View Post
    Tonglao calls the Xuan generation monks "little monks", and says that she is the same generation as Lingmen (the order being Ling, Xuan, Hui, Xu), which means she is one level of seniority higher than the Xuan monks.

The Sweeper Monk should be older than the Xuan generation, it's possible that he was acquainted with the Xiaoyao Sect people and their skills.

It seems that he didn't leave the monastery for several decades though, as he oversaw the arrival and martial progress of Murong Bo and Xiao Yuanshan.

My theory is that he encountered Xiaoyao sect members earlier in their heyday, when Wuyazi/Tonglao/Li Qiushui were still roaming Jianghu. His martial arts had to be very accomplished by then to survive an encounter with the Xiaoyao people and learn about their skills.
    Sweeper should be a surviving member of Kong generation of monks, above Ling men who is Xuan Ci's martial teacher.

I guess he was assigned in the scripture pavilion as a librarian and memorized all the books. He should be the only monk who trained correctly in the techniques of internal and external arts. Reading more buddhist scriptures will enhance Dharma which in return cultivate his internal energy.

I think sweeper is like the master of Zhang Sanfeng in Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber.
    Not distracted by wulin, or by temple administration and politics - simply spent time sweeping, tending to garden, read, meditate and accidentally assimilate martial arts...

California City, California, United States

The novel is really better than the tv series

Can Someren tel me in short what this is About and About the main?

Quote Originally Posted by aapmens View Post
    Can Someren tel me in short what this is About and About the main?
    Very short synopsis:
    click to show/hide spoilers
    About 3 main characters who became sworn brothers: a prince of a dynasty, a simple-minded monk, and the leader of the beggar clan. At the end they were 3 of the top martial artists of their time.
    The beggar: his 18 dragon palms
    The prince: his one-finger energy skill
    The monk: accumulation of an older generation long lost ancient skills.
    Timeline: during the Song dynasty conflict with their norther neighbours but prior to the Eagle Shooting Heroes series.

Grab the chinese DVD (2003 version) - it is quite close to the novel...

The latest The Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils (2013 TV series) is a bit more accurate, especially the ending, Miss Wong taking care of her murdering lunatic cousin...

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    The latest The Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils (2013 TV series) is a bit more accurate, especially the ending, Miss Wong taking care of her murdering lunatic cousin...
    I actually gave up the 2013 version after watching 2 episode - xiao feng looks like a wimp, getting injured and all that .
    There are actually 2 versions of the ending, both by Jin Yong. The revision has the ending scene you mentioned.
    To be sure, I hated Duan Yu in the 2003 version...and also hate him in the novel

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    I actually gave up the 2013 version after watching 2 episode - xiao feng looks like a wimp, getting injured and all that .
    There are actually 2 versions of the ending, both by Jin Yong. The revision has the ending scene you mentioned.
    To be sure, I hated Duan Yu in the 2003 version...and also hate him in the novel
    The audio dubbing is horrible on the latest version. From my understanding, many of the actors needed to re-dub their voices after the scene, there was some serious lip-syncing issues which were really annoying on many episodes. Even the Chinese actresses had lip-sync issues. They tried to make XiaoFeng larger by using prosthetic chest/shoulder plates & camera angle, but Duan Yu looked a bit too feminine.

The audio dubbing is horrible on the latest version. From my understanding, many of the actors needed to re-dub their voices after the scene, there was some serious lip-syncing issues which were really annoying on many episodes. Even the Chinese actresses had lip-sync issues. They tried to make XiaoFeng larger by using prosthetic chest/shoulder plates & camera angle, but Duan Yu looked a bit too feminine.
    Currently this series is running in Msia tv channel 8. Maybe the producer thinks that in modern times, audiences like heroes to look more refined and more androgyneus.

... They tried to make XiaoFeng larger by using prosthetic chest/shoulder plates & camera angle...
    Good thing it was the chest and shoulders, and not somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsaw View Post
    Currently this series is running in Msia tv channel 8. Maybe the producer thinks that in modern times, audiences like heroes to look more refined and more androgyneus.
    Just saw Wolverine. That is correct casting for a heroic figure - powerful mascular physique for a epic fighter. No wimps need apply here.

does duan ever seriously learn martial arts or does he just keep getting saved by women the whole story?

Quote Originally Posted by YakuzaKami View Post
    does duan ever seriously learn martial arts or does he just keep getting saved by women the whole story?
    click to show/hide spoilers
    The 3 became sworn brothers - and were top martial artists of their generation. Duan finger skills even amazed XF. However, the irritating thing is, Duan never found his true potential until near to the very end...

does anyone have a link to the 3rd edition version online?

Quote Originally Posted by Bladebird View Post
    does anyone have a link to the 3rd edition version online?
    Not the version but list of changes in the 3rd edition.
    Be warned: spoilers ahead

The same cousin who murdered helpless/paralyzed women and indirectly her own mother, and killed his own subordinates after they tried to stop him from dishonoring himself...? Hm.

Between this and ROCH 08, where Mu Nianci and Yang Kang had sex right next to Ouyang Ke's corpse, I'm beginning to think that girls like the bad boy. I mean really bad boys. Like "life without parole" bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWErD View Post
    The same cousin who murdered helpless/paralyzed women and indirectly her own mother, and killed his own subordinates after they tried to stop him from dishonoring himself...? Hm.

Between this and ROCH 08, where Mu Nianci and Yang Kang had sex right next to Ouyang Ke's corpse, I'm beginning to think that girls like the bad boy. I mean really bad boys. Like "life without parole" bad.

Hehehe. It's takes a bad girl to know a bad boy.

Ebooks versions:

Thank you to Jayariyin for compiling this into word docs so that I can easily convert

PDF EPUB Kindle/MOBI Book 1: Adventures of Youth

PDF EPUB Kindle/MOBI Book 2: Shrouding Screen in Sunzhou

PDF EPUB Kindle/MOBI Book 3: Breaching the Formation

PDF EPUB Kindle/MOBI Book 4: Song of the Cave Immortal