Page 34 of 77 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Demi-God Semi-Devils

Thanks a lot for the update!
    Last edited by MrCommunist; 05-26-11 at 07:57 AM.

YAY! ZOMBIES!! gotta love 'em.. XD (though I think thats not really a zombie..)

So, first conspiracy revealed, and Im guessing this one is a part of something much more.. Chaos Theory? XD

Cant wait for more, A really big THANKS Xaari..

Thanks SkyWalker, MrCommunist, and paine!

It is probably highly inappropriate for me as a translator to blurt this out, but hearts always pop out of my eyes whenever I read about or watch Xiao Feng being all heroic. I really like this part of the chapter, because after this I want to slap Madam Ma a few thousand times.

Chapter 24 Continued

Xiao Feng thought, “Who is this person? I need to chase after him and investigate clearly.” At once he floated over to the front door. Under the reflection of the white snow, a faint human shadow could be seen gradually going in a northeast direction. Had his eyesight not been exceptionally good, he really wouldn’t have been able to see it.

Xiao Feng thought, “This person’s movements are so fast!” He bent over and tapped the shoulder of A’Zi, who lay beside his feet. His internal energy was sent out and he unsealed her acupuncture point. He thought, “Madam Ma doesn’t know martial arts. This little girl is enough to rescue her father.” He didn’t have time to unseal the acupuncture points of Ruan Xingzhu and the others. Taking large strides, he rapidly pursued the person ahead of him.

After a while of swift running, the distance between them was no more than a hundred feet. At this moment he saw clearly that sure enough, that person was a martial arts expert. At this moment he wasn’t jumping with straightened legs, and his footsteps were relaxed, as if he were gliding on the snow. Xiao Feng’s qinggong originated from Shaolin, and he had also been educated by Chief Wang of the Beggar Clan, a purely masculine sect. He took one large stride, covering ten feet, and his body leaped into the air. He took another stride, and although his movements weren’t very elegant or graceful, they were extremely suitable for hastening on a long journey. After more pursuing, he became closer to that person by ten feet.

After running for approximately the time it took for half an incense stick to burn, the footsteps of the person ahead suddenly accelerated. Like a sailboat that had absorbed a lot of wind, he galloped fiercely with the flow, and in just a moment, the distance between him and Xiao Feng lengthened again. Xiao Feng was secretly apprehensive and thought, “This person is seriously formidable, and is truly one of the top experts in Wulin. Had he not been this kind of person, he wouldn’t have been able to kill Bai Shijing when he raised his hand.”

He was naturally different from others, and was truly a genius in martial arts. The martial arts of the masters he had learned from, Great Master Xuan Ku and Chief Wang, were already extremely high. But Xiao Feng was like blue emerging from green, and far surpassed his two masters. Any ordinary move in his hands would naturally send out unparalleled tremendous power. Everyone who knew him well said that this kind of martial arts gift was inherent, and couldn’t be obtained by being taught or by painstaking practice. Xiao Feng himself couldn’t explain why, and was only aware that once he learned any move, he could use it, and once he could use it, he could master it. When facing the enemy, he naturally had many ingenious variations. But apart from martial arts, he was nothing more than average and no different than ordinary people whether in studying books or in craftsmanship. In his entire life he rarely encountered a worthy match. Many powerful enemies had more profound internal energy and more ingenious moves than he did, but once they fought, they would always lose at the most crucial moment by one and a half stances, and moreover be sincerely convinced in their loss and ready to concede. Knowing that in the end they could never match him, no one had ever sought him for revenge to expunge their humiliation.

Now that he had encountered an opponent with such superior qinggong, his heroic ambition couldn’t help but suddenly arise. He accelerated his footsteps and caught up again. The two of them galloped northeast, one ahead and one behind, Xiao Feng all along unable to overtake him, and that person also unable to throw him off. After two hours, after four hours, the two of them had already run a hundred or more li, and were still neither too near nor too distant.

After another hour, the sky gradually brightened, and the heavy snow had already ceased. Xiao Feng saw a small town below a distant hillside, the houses lined up closely like the scales on a fish, and heard the sound of chickens heralding the break of day. His wine addiction suddenly arose and he shouted, “Brother ahead of me, I invite you to drink twenty bowls of wine. Then let’s continue to compete in foot strength, all right?” That person didn’t respond, and still ran rapidly with energy. Xiao Feng smiled and said, “You put to death Bai Shijing, that wicked traitor. You’re truly a formidable hero. Xiao Feng concedes defeat; my qinggong is inferior to yours. Let’s buy wine to drink and not compete, not compete.” He spoke as he ran, his feet not slowing in the slightest.

That person suddenly halted and said, “Qiao Feng’s power shakes Jianghu. Sure enough your reputation is well-deserved. While you spoke, you still transferred your real breath naturally. Truly heroic, truly gallant!”

Xiao Feng heard his indistinct voice, which was conspicuously old, so his age should be much greater than his own. He said, “Senior overpraises me. Junior claims connections of higher status and wishes to be friends with senior. I wonder if you’ll dislike it?”

That person sighed and said, “I’m getting old and useless! Don’t chase after me. If we run for another two hours, I’ll lose to you!” As he said this, he walked slowly onward.

Xiao Feng wanted to chase after him and talk to him more, but he had only taken one stride when he thought, “He asked me to not chase after him.” He then recalled that the heroes in the Central Plains despised him, and was afraid that this person also disdained and hated Khitans. At once he stopped and saw that person’s rear view gradually getting distant. After he entered a forest, he sighed and thought, “This person’s qinggong is wonderful and his internal energy is long-lasting. What a pity that I couldn’t meet him!” He then thought, “His voice was indistinct, and he had obviously deliberately lowered his voice so that I couldn’t recognize it. He didn’t even want me to hear his voice clearly, let alone meet him.”

After thinking for a long time, he finally entered the small town, went to a small wine shop, bought wine, and drank. Every time he drank one or two bowls, he clapped the table and boasted, “Good man, good fellow, ai, what a pity, what a pity!”

He said “good man, good fellow” to praise that person’s formidable martial arts, and also because he had handled killing Bai Shijing extremely appropriately. He then stated that it was a pity because he was sighing that he had been unable to become friends with him. He usually loved friends as much as his life. This time, after being expelled from the Beggar Clan and furthermore developing deep enmity with the heroes of the Central Plains, and having cleanly broken off from his former friends, he was extremely depressed. Today, having unexpectedly encountered a hero whose martial arts were at a level similar to his own, yet having no chance to get to know him, he could only wash away his worries with wine. But the many suspicions that had accumulated in his heart for a long time were already solved, so he also felt greatly happy.

After drinking more than twenty bowls of wine and paying the wine money, he rose and left, thinking, “I wonder how Duan Zhengchun is doing? Ruan Xingzhu and Qin Hongmian’s acupuncture points have been sealed by me, so I must return and help them.” Thus he took large strides and returned to the Ma home.

On the way back he never used his full strength, so his journey by foot was far slower. By the time he returned to the Ma home, it was already past noon. He didn’t see a single person on the snowy ground outside the house. Ruan Xingzhu and the others weren’t there; he presumed that A’Zi had already carried them into the house. He pushed open the door and entered the room, seeing Bai Shijing's corpse still fallen beside the door. Duan Zhengchun wasn’t there. A woman was leaning on the side of the bed, her entire body covered with blood. She was precisely Madam Ma.

She heard the sound of footsteps, turned around, and said in a low voice, “Be charitable, quick, quickly kill me!”

Xiao Feng saw that her face was gray and defeated. In only one night, it seemed as if she had gotten older by twenty or thirty years, and she had become extremely ugly. He asked, “Where is Duan Zhengchun?”

Madam Ma said, “He was saved by this...this evil person! Ah!” Suddenly, she let out a great shout, her voice sharp and extremely earsplitting.

Xiao Feng was caught off guard and given a scare by her. He retreated a step and asked, “What are you doing?”

Madam Ma gasped for breath and asked, “You’re...you’re Chief...Qiao?”

Xiao Feng laughed bitterly and said, “I’ve long since ceased to be chief of the Beggar Clan. Don’t tell me that you didn’t know?”

Madam Ma said, “Yes, you’re Chief Qiao. Chief Qiao, please be charitable and quickly kill me.”

Xiao Feng frowned and said, “I don’t want to kill you. You killed your husband, so naturally there will be members of the Beggar Clan who will do you in.”

Madam Ma pleaded, “I...I really can’t bear it any longer. That little sl*t’s methods are so venomous. I...I won’t let her off even when I become a ghost. You...you take a look...at my body.”

She was leaning in the dark, so Xiao Feng couldn’t see clearly. Having heard what she said, he went over and pushed open the window. Bright light entered the room, and after one glance, he couldn’t help but slightly tremble. He saw Madam Ma’s shoulders, arms, chest, thighs, everywhere cut by someone’s knife into strips of wounds. There were actually densely packed ants crawling on the wounds. Upon seeing her wounds, Xiao Feng knew that the tendons of her four limbs and waist joints had been broken by someone, and she would never be able to move a single step. Acupuncture points could be unsealed and movement restored, but since her tendons and veins were broken, then they could never be healed, and from now on she would be a paralyzed cripple. But how could there actually be so many ants on her wounds?

Madam Ma said in a trembling voice, “That little sl*t broken the tendons of my hands and feet, and cut wounds on me from head to toe, then...then she poured sweetened honey water on the wounds...she said that the sweetened honey water would attract ants that would bite my entire body, making me ache, numb, and itch for several days and nights and causing me to suffer all kinds of miseries. She said that she would make me unable to beg for either life or death.”

Xiao Feng felt that he couldn’t take another look at her wounds without doing something. He definitely wasn’t a person with a soft heart, but he killed and burned, always fond of being frank and straightforward. He never used malicious methods to torment enemies. He sighed, turned around, and went into the kitchen. He came out carrying a large barrel of water and splashed it on her body, exempting her from the suffering of her body being gnawed by a pack of ants.

To be continued...
    Last edited by Xaari; 05-31-11 at 09:53 PM.

another great update! Thanks Xaari~

and Madam Ma is Crippled.. XD Good thing Xiao Feng doesnt enjoy Schadenfreude.. >_>

Question

It's a funny thing, but I would've thought that the pain would come from the cuts and the wounds - some ant bites, painful though they can be, surely would pale in comparison?

Maybe they have more fierce ants in China

D

PS YAY for more translation!

Thanks for the update Xaari!

Madam Ma finally got what she deserved! Yay!

Thanks paine, disrupt, and SkyWalker!

Haha, ant bites can be quite painful, and ants crawling in the open wounds must be the worst part. But it's nothing less than what Madam Ma deserves.

Be prepared for some foul language...haha. I really admire Xiao Feng for staying silent through all that cursing until she insults A'Zhu, and then he gets furious.

Chapter 24 Continued

Madam Ma said, “Thank you. You have a good conscience. I won’t be able to live. Be charitable and kill me with one strike of the blade.”

Xiao Feng asked, “Who...who slashed you?”

Madam Ma gnashed her teeth and said, “It was that little sl*t. She’s so young, not past fifteen or sixteen years of age, but her heart and methods are so venomous...”

Xiao Feng was alarmed and asked, “It was A’Zi?”

Madam Ma said, “Correct, I heard that sl*tty woman call her that. She told her to quickly kill me. But this A’Zi, this little sl*t, insisted on slowly and deliberately punishing me. She said that she wanted to avenge her father and give vent to her mother’s anger, and wanted me to suffer such endless misery...”

Xiao Feng thought, “I was afraid that Qin Hongmian and Ruan Xingzhu would drink vinegar (be jealous) and kill Madam Ma. Without her alive, I wouldn’t be able to interrogate her. Who would’ve thought that A’Zi, this little girl, is so cruel and malicious.” He frowned and said, “Duan Zhengchun had a love affair with you in past days, but when he saw his daughter tormenting you so cruelly, don’t tell me that he actually didn’t put a stop to it?”

Madam Ma said, “At that time he was already unconscious and unaware of all human affairs. That was...that was caused by the Ten Fragrance Bewitching Powder.”

Xiao Feng nodded and said, “That’s right. Considering that he’s a hero who can distinguish right from wrong, how could he condone his daughter committing outrages? Hmm, what about those women?”

Madam Ma groaned and said, “Don’t ask, don’t ask, quickly kill me.”

Xiao Feng snorted and said, “If you don’t respond, then I’ll pour some more sweetened honey water on your wounds and leave, letting you perish on your own.”

Madam Ma said, “You men...are all so heartless and malicious...”

Xiao Feng asked, “So your method of murdering Brother Ma wasn’t malicious?”

Madam Ma was surprised and asked, “How...how do you know everything? Who told you?”

Xiao Feng said coldly, “It’s me asking you, not you asking me. It’s you pleading with me, not me pleading with you. Hurry up and speak!”

Madam Ma said, “Fine, I’ll tell you everything. A’Zi that little sl*t punished me and her mother repeatedly shouted for her to stop, but A’Zi only laughed happily and didn’t listen. Her mother’s acupuncture point had already been sealed by someone, so she was unable to take a single step. Not much later, five or six of Duan Zhengchun’s subordinates arrived. A’Zi that little sl*t carried her mother, father, Qin Hongmian, and Qin Hongmian’s daughter out of the room one by one, but didn’t allow anyone to enter the room so as to prevent them from seeing me. Duan Zhengchun’s subordinates rode on horseback, so they picked them up and left.”

Xiao Feng nodded and thought, “Since Duan Zhengchun was picked up by his subordinates and Ruan Xingzhu and the other two’s sealed acupuncture points will naturally unseal after several hours, I don’t need to pay attention to them.”

Madam Ma said, “I’ve told you everything, you...you should quickly kill me.”

Xiao Feng said, “It’s not likely that you told everything, right? Isn’t dying easy? Living is what’s difficult. Why did you murder Brother Ma?”

Madam Ma’s eyes glinted viciously and she asked hatefully, “Do you have to ask no matter what?”

Xiao Feng said, “Correct, I have to ask no matter what. I’m a hard-hearted man and won’t take pity on you.”

Madam Ma spat and said, “Of course your heart is as hard as steel. Don’t tell me that if you didn’t say so, I wouldn’t know? You caused me to fall into my present condition. You’re haughty and arrogant, you animal who puts yourself above other people! You Khitan prisoner of war who is worse than pigs and dogs, after death you’ll fall into the eighteenth level of hell and be tormented by evil spirits every day. Why don’t you dare to spill sweetened honey water on my wounds? You mixed breed dog, you bastard...” The more she cursed him, the more vicious she became. Clearly all the complaints and anger that she had accumulated in her heart had to be vented no matter what. Later she cursed him with obscene language, filthy and vile beyond imagination.

From childhood Xiao Feng had hung out with other beggars, so he was used to hearing all sorts of vulgar language. When he was tipsy and merry with the others, he would often use vulgar words to curse people. But it was really far beyond his expectations to hear Madam Ma, who had always been refined and elegant, now cursing him so vigorously and fiercely. Moreover, he had never even heard of many of these dirty and obscene words.

He didn’t make a sound and waited as she cursed heartily. Her face had originally been pale, but during the excitement of her venomous cursing, her entire face became very red and her eyes revealed a happy expression. After cursing him for quite a while, her voice gradually lowered and she finally said, “Qiao Feng, you traitorous dog, you caused me to reach this stage today. See if you don’t die a terrible death in the future.”

Xiao Feng asked calmly, “Are you done cursing?”

Madam Ma said, “For now I won’t curse you, but I’ll continue after I take a rest. You mixed breed dog without a father or mother! As long as this old woman still has one breath remaining, I’ll never finish cursing you.”

Xiao Feng said, “Very good, just curse me. The first time I met you was in the apricot forest outside Wuxi. At that time Brother Ma had already been killed by you. In the past you and I were total strangers, so how could you say that it was I who caused you to reach this stage today?”

Madam Ma said hatefully, “Ha, you say that the first time you met me was outside Wuxi. It’s precisely these words, correct, all because of these words. You haughty, arrogant guy who thinks your martial arts are number one in the world!”

She started another bout of cursing that lasted for quite a while.

Xiao Feng let her curse him freely. When her voice weakened, he asked, “Are you done cursing?”

Madam Ma said hatefully, “I’ll never have enough of it, you...you guy who puts yourself above everyone else, even if you’re the emperor, you’re not necessarily extraordinary.”

Xiao Feng said, “Correct, even if I’m the emperor, what’s so extraordinary about that? I’ve never considered myself to be unequalled in the world, just now...just now, the martial arts of that person were better than mine.”

Madam Ma didn’t pay attention to who he was talking about. She only mumbled curses, and after cursing for another while, she said, “You say that you met me for the first time outside Wuxi, humph, so you didn’t see me at the Hundred Flower Gathering in Luoyang?”

Xiao Feng stared blankly. The Hundred Flower Gathering in Luoyang took place two years ago. He had gone with many brothers of the Beggar Clan to the gathering, played rock-paper-scissors and drank wine, and had a carefree time. But no matter what he couldn’t remember having met her at the gathering. He said, “That time Brother Ma went, but he didn’t take you to meet me.”

Madam Ma cursed, “What kind of thing are you? You’re only the leader of a bunch of beggars. What’s so special about that? That day at the Hundred Flower Gathering, I stood beside that yellow peony. Which of the heroes at the gathering didn’t take a look at me? If you seriously didn’t see me, then fine, I wouldn’t blame you. But you clearly saw me yet ignored me. Your gaze swept past my face and didn’t even stop for a moment, as if I were no different from an ordinary woman. Hypocrite, shameless man.”

Xiao Feng slowly understood and said, “Right, I remember now. That day beside the peony flower, it seemed like there really were several woman. At that time I was solely engrossed in drinking wine, and didn’t spare any effort to look at whatever peonies, men, or women there were. If it was a senior female hero, then of course I would go up and pay my respects. But you’re my sister-in-law, so if I didn’t look at you, what kind of serious lacking in manners would that be? Why should you remember it and hate me so much?”

Madam Ma said fiercely, “Don’t tell me that you weren’t born with eyeballs? No matter how famous they were, all the heroes looked at me from head to toe. Some of the people of virtue and prestige, even if they didn’t dare to look at me directly, when other people weren’t paying attention, they still always secretly looked at me a few times. Only you, only you...humph, out of the more than one thousand men at the Hundred Flower Gathering, only you didn’t look at me the entire time. You were the great leader of the Beggar Clan, a hero famous throughout the world. At the Hundred Flower Gathering, the men considered you to be in first place, and the women naturally considered me to be number one. Since you actually didn’t properly take a few looks at me, no matter how beautiful I was, what was the point? When over a thousand men toppled over for me, how could I feel good?”

Xiao Feng sighed and said, “As a child I didn’t like to play with girls. After I grew older, even more so I didn’t spare any effort to look at women. It’s not like I didn’t look at only you. Originally I didn’t even pay attention to a woman who’s a hundred times more beautiful than you. Afterwards, it was too late...”

Madam Ma said sharply, “What? A woman who’s a hundred times more beautiful than me? Who is it? Who is it?”

Xiao Feng said, “It’s Duan Zhengchun’s daughter, A’Zi’s older sister.”

Madam Ma spat a mouthful of saliva and said, “Pei, this kind of sl*tty woman, how could you still mention her...”

She hadn’t finished her sentence when Xiao Feng grabbed her hair, lifted her body, and heavily threw her back down onto the ground. He said, “If you dare to say another half a sentence that disrespects her, humph, I’ll let you have a taste of my venomous methods.”

When Madam Ma was thrown down by him, she practically fainted, and all the bones in her body rattled. Suddenly she laughed loudly and said, “So...so our Great Chief Qiao was enchanted by this little b*tch, haha, haha, so funny. You can no longer be the chief of the Beggar Clan, so now you want to be the husband of the princess of Dali. Chief Qiao, I know that you won’t look at any women.”

Xiao Feng’s knees weakened and he sat down on a chair. He said slowly, “I only hope to look at her one more time, but...but...I can never see her again.”

Madam Ma smiled coldly and said, “Why? If you want her, on the basis of your martial arts, don’t tell me that you can’t snatch her?”

Xiao Feng shook his head and said nothing. After a long time, he finally said, “Even if I have heavenly skills, I can’t snatch her back.”

Madam Ma was extremely happy and asked, “Why? Haha, haha.”

Xiao Feng said in a low voice, “She’s dead.”

Madam Ma’s laughter suddenly stopped, and she felt slightly apologetic, feeling that this arrogant and haughty Chief Qiao was somewhat pitiful. But immediately her face revealed a smile, and her smile became more and more happy.

Xiao Feng saw her smile and immediately realized that she was happy because he was brokenhearted. He stood up and said, “You murdered your husband, and even death can’t wipe out your crime. What else do you have to say?”

When Madam Ma heard that he was going to kill her, she suddenly became afraid and pleaded, “You...you spare me, don’t kill me.”

Xiao Feng said, “Fine, I don’t need to in the first place.” He stepped out.

To be continued...
    Last edited by Xaari; 06-05-11 at 10:19 PM.

Xaari

Thanks. This is like a nice clear glass of water after a long walk in the desert.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

ah.. the suspense in waiting for the reason why she killed her husband.. XD

Again, thanks Xaari, I'd give you cookies if it were possible.. lol

Thanks for another quick update Xaari.

He thought A'Zhu is a hundred times prettier than Madam Ma! Hahahahah.

Thanks lawwoo, paine (yum cookies), and SkyWalker!

The end of Chapter 24 is finally in sight! One more update to go. This chunk is slightly shorter, but I'll make up for it with the chapter finale soon.

Chapter 24 Continued

Upon seeing that he had stepped out of the room without even turning around, the anger in Madam Ma’s heart grew again. She said loudly, “Qiao Feng, you dog traitor, back then I was angry that you didn’t even take one look at me, so I told Ma Dayuan to expose your scar. Ma Dayuan was unwilling no matter what, so I told Bai Shijing to kill Ma Dayuan. The way you...you treat me today, your heart is still not the slightest bit moved.”

Xiao Feng turned around and said coldly, “You murdered your husband just because I never took one look at you. Humph, who would believe such a huge lie?”

Madam Ma said, “I’ll be dead any moment now. Why would I deceive you? Originally, what method did I have? I could only hate you for a lifetime. Not only did those smelly beggars revere you as a deity, but who in the world dared to offend you? But heaven has eyes, and that day let me discover Chief Wang’s will in Ma Dayuan’s safe. What was so hard about stealthily tearing open this letter without damaging the envelope’s sealing wax, and then sealing it again after reading it? I stealthily read that letter and found out information worth celebrating. Can you imagine how happy I was at that moment? Haha, that was precisely the golden opportunity for me to vent the resentment in my heart. I wanted you to suffer a complete defeat and fall from grace, to never be able to flaunt around as a hero. I wanted Ma Dayuan to expose you in public and let all the heroes of the world know that you’re a Khitan prisoner of war. I wanted you to not only be unable to remain chief of the Beggar Clan, but also unable to stand in the Central Plains, and even your life would be difficult to protect.”

Xiao Feng was fully aware that her entire body already couldn’t move, and that she would never be able to harm people again. But when such malicious speech reached his ears, he felt a chill on his back. He made a “humph” sound and said, “Ma Dayuan was unwilling to comply with your words, so you killed him?”

Madam Ma said, “Yes, not only did he not obey my words, but instead he ferociously scolded me. He said that from then on he wouldn’t allow me to leave the house. If I disclosed even one word, he would chop this old woman into mincemeat. He had always obeyed me in everything in the past. When was he ever this hateful and severe? All along I had never cared for him or held him in regard. He offended me thus, so naturally this old woman had sufferings in store for him. After over a month, Bai Shijing stayed over as a guest. That day was the fourteenth of the eighth month; he came to my home to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival. He took one look at me, then took another look. Humph humph, this old pervert! I defiled my body and tempted this old pervert to be crazy about me. I ordered the old pervert to kill Ma Dayuan, that useless weakling, but he was unwilling, so I said that I would expose that he had raped me. This old traitor was always honest and incorruptible in front of other people. But in front of this old woman, what disgrace did he lack? I told him, ‘If you kill Ma Dayuan, I’ll naturally follow you for life. Otherwise, you should straightforwardly kill me with one palm!’ He was unwilling to kill me, so he had to kill Ma Dayuan.”

Xiao Feng took a breath and said, “Bai Shijing was an unswervingly good man, but was ruined by you like this. You...you also gave the Ten Fragrance Bewitching Powder to Brother Ma to consume, and then you ordered Bai Shijing to break his throat, pretending that it was Gusu Murong who used the ‘Throat-Lock Capturing Technique’ to kill him, right?”

Madam Ma said, “Yes, haha, how could it not be? But I don’t know ‘Gusu Murong’ or whoever. That was the old pervert’s idea.”

Xiao Feng nodded.

Madam Ma continued, “I ordered the old pervert to take the initiative to expose the secret of your birth. Pei, this old pervert was actually loyal to you, and was forced by me so fiercely that he picked up a knife, wanting to commit suicide. Fine, I let him off that time and sought Quan Guanqing, that neither dead nor alive guy. This old woman only slept with him for three nights before he obeyed me in everything. He beat his chest and said that he would take care of everything and would be sure to succeed. This old woman presumed that Quan Guanqing that guy alone couldn’t topple you. Thus I also sought Elder Xu’s involvement. You know everything that happened later, so you don’t need me to say it again, right?”

Finally, the last suspicion in his heart had been unraveled, as to why Quan Guanqing was the chief conspirator against him, yet Bai Shijing was the one who had been captured as a traitor. He asked, “Was it Bai Shijing who stole my fan?”

Madam Ma said, “Actually that wasn’t him. The old pervert wouldn’t do anything that wronged you no matter what. It was Quan Guanqing who persuaded Elder Chen. After you left your home, he entered your house and stole it.”

Xiao Feng said, “Although Miss Duan’s disguise as Bai Shijing was flawless, you still saw through her.”

Madam Ma asked, surprised, “This little girl was precisely Duan Zhengchun’s daughter? She was your beloved? Was she really exceedingly beautiful?”

Xiao Feng didn’t respond, and raised his head towards the horizon.

Madam Ma said, “This little...little girl really scared me, and even mentioned the fifteenth of the eighth month, which is precisely the date of Ma Dayuan’s death. But later I made two flirtatious remarks. When I said that the moon in the sky was so round and white, the old pervert had said on that day, ‘There are some things on your body even rounder and whiter than the moon in the sky.’ When I asked her if she liked to eat salty or sweet mooncakes, the old pervert had said on that day, ‘The mooncakes on your body are naturally sweeter than honey and sugar.’ But your Miss Duan’s response didn’t fit, so I immediately saw through her.”

Xiao Feng finally understood why Madam Ma had suddenly mentioned the moon and mooncakes that night. So it had actually been the shameless talk between Madam Ma and Bai Shijing when they were privately communicating on the fourteenth night of the eighth month last year. Madam Ma laughed and said, “Qiao Feng, your disguise was terrible. As soon as I was aware that the little girl was up to no good, and then thought about your figure, hei hei, how could I not know that you were Qiao Feng? I was just about to kill Duan Zhengchun, so by lucky coincidence I could use you to kill him.”

Xiao Feng gnashed his teeth and said, “You caused Miss Duan’s death, so this debt must fall onto you.”

Madam Ma said, “It was she who deceived me first, not me who went to deceive her. I was merely beating her at her own game. If she didn’t come to find me, then after Bai Shijing became the chief of the Beggar Clan, naturally I would have ways to make the Beggar Clan and the Duan family of Dali become enemies. This Duan Zhengchun then, hei hei, sooner or later wouldn’t be able to escape from my palm.”

To be continued...
    Last edited by Xaari; 06-12-11 at 11:18 PM.

Thanks Xaari.

This Madam Ma is smart and really frightening !

Thats why some women are scarier than Freddy Krueger.. >_>

Plot fully exposed.. XD and now for the other plots and the tie in..

Thank you Xaari! you get bunny ears.. XD

Thanks Xaari!

"Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror, which we still are just able to endure, and we are so awed because it serenely disdains to annihilate us. Every angel is terrifying."
    click to show/hide spoilers
    -Wikiquote
    Last edited by MrCommunist; 06-14-11 at 08:19 AM.

Thanks Xaari.

Madam Ma is evil to the core! She definitely deserved what she got from A'Zhi!

Thanks, Xaari! Just wanted to say I really like your translation work. Some translators forget to split up their paragraphs sometimes, which makes things a bit harder to read! Definitely appreciate the time and effort you (and all translators, of course) put into wuxia.

Thanks Gubrak, paine (yay bunny ears!), MrCommunist, SkyWalker, and imany! I do like to put a lot of effort into making the sentences flow better without being run-on, since sentences are all strung together in Chinese. I try to translate as literally as possible while still making sense.

Chapter 24 Continued

Xiao Feng said, “You’re so vicious! You wanted to kill your own husband, you wanted to kill a man whom you had a love affair with, and you also wanted to kill a man who didn’t look at you.”

Madam Ma asked, “Why won’t you look at beauty that’s in front of you? Don’t tell me that I’m not beautiful enough? How could there be such a hypocrite like you in this world?” She was pleased with herself and her cheeks flushed as she said this. She was extremely excited, but finally her physical strength gradually weakened, and her speech was already somewhat discontinuous.

Xiao Feng said, “I’ll ask you one more thing. Who’s the Leading Big Brother who wrote the letter to Chief Wang? You’ve read that letter and seen the signature.”

Madam Ma laughed coldly and said, “Hei hei, hei hei, Qiao Feng, in the end is it you pleading with me, or me pleading with you? Ma Dayuan is dead, Elder Xu is dead, Zhao Qiansun is dead, the Stern-Faced Magistrate Shan Zheng is dead, Grandpa and Granny Tan are dead, Great Master Zhi Guang of Mount Tiantai is dead. In this world, only I and that Leading Big Brother himself know who he is.”

Xiao Feng’s heartbeat accelerated and he said, “Correct, it’s Qiao Feng earnestly pleading with you. Please inform me of this person’s name.”

Madam Ma said, “I’ll be dead at any moment now. What benefit can you give me?”

Xiao Feng said, “To the best of my ability, I will obey whatever Madam commands.”

Madam Ma smiled and said, “What else would I want? Qiao Feng, I hated and resented you for disdaining to look at me carefully, to the extent that it led to such a disaster. It’s not difficult for me to tell you the name of that Leading Big Brother, but you must hold me in your bosom and look at me carefully for a long time.”

Xiao Feng knit his brows tightly and was really very unwilling. But it was true that she was the only one in the world who knew this big secret. His enmity as deep as the ocean depended on the several words that could come from her lips. Not to mention that her condition wasn’t extremely difficult. Even if it was something extremely difficult and awkward, he could only force himself to do it. Her life hung on a thread, and she could stop breathing at any time. Threatening her would be completely useless. He thought, “If I insisted on refusing and she took her last breath, then I would never know the identity of the enemy who killed my parents. What’s the harm in holding her and taking a few looks at her?” He said, “Fine, I’ll comply.” He stooped and held her in his bosom, and looked at her cheeks with shining eyes.

At this time, Madam Ma’s face was entirely covered with bloodstains mixed with mud and dirt. Moreover, her complexion was wan and sallow because of the torment she suffered that night, so she was extremely ugly. Xiao Feng was already extremely reluctant to hold her in his bosom, and having to also look at her face, he couldn’t help but knit his eyebrows.

Madam Ma asked angrily, “What? Do you hate looking at me?”

Xiao Feng could only say, “No!” This word defied his heart. Ordinarily, even if he met tremendous calamity, he wouldn’t keep his real thoughts to himself. But at this moment, he really had no other alternative.

Madam Ma said softly, “If you don’t hate me, then kiss my face.”

Xiao Feng said firmly, “I absolutely can’t. You’re the wife of Brother Ma. Xiao Feng attaches most importance to loyalty. How could I insult my friend’s widow?”

Madam Ma said sweetly and intimately, “If you regard loyalty, then why are you holding me in your bosom...”

At this moment, someone outside the window giggled and said, “Qiao Feng, you’re too shameless! You killed my older sister, and now you’re holding my daddy’s lover, kissing and carrying on a clandestine love affair. Aren’t you ashamed?” It was precisely A’Zi’s voice.

Xiao Feng had a clear conscience, so naturally he didn’t take seriously the talk of an ignorant child. He said to Madam Ma, “Hurry up and say it, who is that Leading Big Brother?”

Madam Ma said intimately, “I told you to look at me, but you turned around. What are you doing?” Her voice was flirtatious.

A’Zi walked into the room, smiled, and said, “How come you’re still not dead? What man would be willing to look at such an ugly wretch?”

Madam Ma asked, “What? You...you say that I look like an ugly wretch? Mirror, mirror, I want a mirror!” Her voice carried extreme panic.

Xiao Feng said, “Hurry up and say it, hurry up and say it. If you say it, I’ll give you the mirror.”

A’Zi easily picked up a bright mirror from the table and aimed it at her. Smiling, she said, “Take a look at yourself. Beautiful or not beautiful?”

Madam Ma looked into the mirror and saw her face entirely covered with bloodstains and dust. Fear, cruelty, malice, hatred, suffering, anger, all kinds of ugly feelings were gathered on her facial features. How was she in the slightest the formerly delicate beauty who attracted people’s tender affections? She opened her eyes wide and never closed them again. She was conceited in her beauty throughout her life, but before she died, she saw herself with such an ugly appearance in the mirror.

Xiao Feng said, “A’Zi, take the mirror away and don’t offend her.”

A’Zi laughed and said, “I want to let her know how ugly she is!”

Xiao Feng said, “It would be terrible if you anger her to death!” He felt that Madam Ma’s body was motionless, and he could no longer hear the sound of her breathing. He hurriedly tested her breathing, but she had already stopped breathing. Xiao Feng was alarmed and shouted, “Aiyo, this isn’t good, her breathing’s stopped!” He shouted out as if he were facing an imminent catastrophe.

A’Zi pursed her lips and said, “Did you seriously like her? Is it worth making such a fuss when this kind of woman dies?”

Xiao Feng said, “What does a child like you know? I wanted to ask her something. She was the only person in the world who knew. If you hadn’t interrupted, she would’ve already said it.”

A’Zi said, “Aiyo, so I was bad again and spoiled your important matters, right?”

Xiao Feng sighed, thinking that a dead person couldn’t come back to life. Getting angry would be useless. A’Zi, this little girl, was arrogant and willful by nature. Even her parents couldn’t control her, let alone other people. On account of A’Zhu, he couldn’t argue with her on anything. Presently he placed Madam Ma on the couch and said, “Let’s go!”

They investigated everywhere. There were no other people in the house. The old maidservant had already fled to whereabouts unknown. Thus, they obtained fuel and ignited a fire in the firewood room. In a moment, the flames rose.

The two of them stood beside the house, looking at the flames coming out from the window. Xiao Feng asked, “Aren’t you going back to where your daddy and mommy are?”

A’Zi said, “No, I’m not going to where my daddy and mommy are. Whenever my daddy’s subordinates see me, they puff their beards and glare at me. I told daddy to kill them all, but daddy was really willful and didn’t comply.”

Xiao Feng thought, “You killed Chu Wanli, so naturally his friends would hate you. How could Duan Zhengchun kill his loyal and devoted subordinates for you? You’re the one who’s acting willfully, yet you say it’s your daddy who’s acting willfully. You’re really a child who talks nonsense.” He said, “Fine, I’m leaving!” He turned around and headed north.

A’Zi said, “Hey, hey, slow down, wait for me.”

Xiao Feng immediately halted his footsteps, turned around, and asked, “Where are you going? Are you going back to your martial master?”

A’Zi said, “No, at this moment I’m not going back to my martial master. I wouldn’t dare.”

Xiao Feng asked, surprised, “Why wouldn't you dare? What trouble did you get into this time?”

A’Zi said, “I didn’t get into trouble. I took a manual from my martial master. If I return, he’ll snatch it back. After I master it, I’ll return, and when my martial master takes it, I won’t be worried.”

Xiao Feng asked, “Is it a martial arts manual? Since it’s your martial master’s, if you plead with him to let you take a look, he won’t refuse forever. Besides, if you practice it on your own, you definitely won’t be able to understand many parts of it. Wouldn’t it be better to have your martial master give you pointers?”

A’Zi pursed her lips and said, “My martial master said he wouldn’t give it to me, so he won’t give it to me. It’s useless no matter how much I plead with him.”

Xiao Feng really disliked this arrogant, willful, and spoiled little girl. Then he thought that she didn’t need to be entangled with her notorious martial master, the Old Freak of Xingxiuhai, Ding Chunqiu. He said, “Fine, do whatever you want. I won’t care about you.”

A’Zi asked, “Where are you going?”

Xiao Feng looked at the raging flames in the rooms of the Ma house, sighed deeply, and said, “I was originally going to seek revenge, but I don’t know who my enemy is. In my life, this huge revenge can never be sought.”

A’Zi said, “Oh, I understand, Madam Ma originally knew, but what a pity that I angered her to death. From now on, you won’t be able to know who your enemy is. So fun, so fun! Qiao Feng’s fame for fighting prowess is outstanding, but thanks to my punishment, he’s helpless.”

Xiao Feng looked at her sideways and saw that her entire face was full of joy in calamity and delight in disaster. The raging flames shone on her face, making her cheeks seem as red and lovely as apples. Who would’ve thought that concealed underneath those innocent cheeks was vast and limitless malice? In a split second, his hot anger arose, and he wanted to heavily slap her in the face. But he immediately recalled that A’Zhu had pleaded with him before she died, and asked him to take care of her only younger sister in the world. He thought, “A’Zhu only made this one request of me before she died. How can I not comply? Even if this little girl is a huge traitor and evildoer, I’ll do my best to correct her errors. Besides, she’s merely young and ignorant, willful and naughty.”

A’Zi raised her head and asked, “What? Do you want to beat me to death? How come you’re not beating me? My older sister has already been beaten to death by you. So what if you also beat me to death?”

These words pierced Xiao Feng’s heart like a dagger, and his chest ached. He remained silent and turned around uncaringly, taking large strides on the snowy ground.

A’Zi laughed and said, “Hey, slow down, where are you going?”

Xiao Feng said, “I can’t reside in the Central Plains, and I can’t seek revenge for the deaths of my parents. I’m going north of the pass, never to return.”

A’Zi inclined her head and asked, “Which path are you taking?”

Xiao Feng said, “I’m going to Yanmen Pass first.”

A’Zi clapped her hands and said, “That’s great. I’m going to Jinyang, so it just so happens that I’m taking the same path as you.”

Xiao Feng asked, “What are you going to Jinyang for? How can a little girl go alone on such a distant journey?”

A’Zi laughed and said, “Hey, what’s there to fear about a distant journey? I came to this place from Xingxiuhai. Isn’t that even farther away? I have you as a companion, so how would I be alone?”

Xiao Feng shook his head and said, “I won’t accompany you.”

A’Zi asked, “Why?”

Xiao Feng said, “I’m a man and you’re a young girl. Lodging on the journey would be inappropriate.”

A’Zi said, “That’s really a ridiculous argument. I don’t think it’s inappropriate, so why would it be inappropriate for you? When you were with my older sister, didn’t you also travel during the day and lodge at night, one man and one woman, on a long and difficult journey?”

Xiao Feng said in a low and calm voice, “Your older sister and I already had a promise of marriage, so it’s not the same.”

A’Zi clapped her hands, laughed, and said, “Aiyo, I really couldn’t tell, I knew that my older sister was well-behaved, but who would’ve thought that you were just like my daddy, and my older sister just like my mommy? You didn’t worship heaven and earth to become husband and wife, but you already became a pair.”

Xiao Feng shouted angrily, “Nonsense! Until death, your older sister was all along a proper girl, as clear as ice and as clean as jade. I strictly adhered to etiquette and respected her deeply.”

A’Zi said, “What’s the point in scaring me in a loud voice? My older sister was still beaten to death by you. Let’s go.”

When Xiao Feng heard her say “My older sister was still beaten to death by you,” his heart softened, and he said, “You should still return to the Little Mirror Lake and be with your mother. Otherwise, find a secluded place and after mastering the martial arts in that manual, return to your martial master. What’s fun about going to Jinyang?”

A’Zi said in deadly earnest, “I’m not going there to have fun. I have an important matter to attend to.”

Xiao Feng shook his head and said, “I’m not taking you there.” Saying this, he took large strides and left.

A’Zi used her qinggong and chased after him, shouting, “Wait for me, wait for me!” Xiao Feng ignored her and continued on his own.

Not long afterwards, the north wind shifted and it started snowing again. Xiao Feng charged into the wind and snow, taking rapid steps. When he thought of the injustice that had sunk to the bottom of the ocean, and of never being able to seek his huge revenge, his heart naturally became melancholy. But amidst having no alternatives, he abandoned the load of worries in his heart, which was actually a great relief.

End of Chapter 24.

Poor A'Zhu is dead, and even worse, poor Xiao Feng has to endure A'Zi and protect her. He has nothing good going for him. It just keeps going downhill from the start to the end of the story. What a cruel fate .

Thanks for the update, Xaari.

Dear Xaari

Thank you for the fantastic translation. Coming back into this place 3X a day is really worth it when one can catches an update. Thanks again.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Thanks Xaari.

A'Zhi is definitely a pain! She'll never let XF forget that he killed A'Zhu. Cruel lil girl and definitely worst for XF b/c he has to put up with her and can't do anything about it.