Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some Gu Long characters are sent to assassinate some Jin Yong characters:

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Ohhh, so Jiang Feng should be able to defeat Sweeper Monk and DGKB together!
    But the wise man says "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." So someone like Gui Zhong (the idiot son in DOMD) could defeat everyone if someone thinks he is the most handsome man ever!
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    But the wise man says "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." So someone like Gui Zhong (the idiot son in DOMD) could defeat everyone if someone thinks he is the most handsome man ever!
    One can't behold if one doesn't have eyes. Princess Fragrance could make any army of thousands tear their own eyes out. In fact, she could've taken the throne from Qian Long herself. However she was too ashamed to do so because the GOD OF MORALS, MORAL GOD Trien Chieu would've berated her for not acting like a prim and proper girl.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    However she was too ashamed to do so because the GOD OF MORALS, MORAL GOD Trien Chieu would've berated her for not acting like a prim and proper girl.
    Dang! Either I am sleepwalking or PJ hacked Bliss's account...
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Dang! Either I am sleepwalking or PJ hacked Bliss's account...
    Have you ever read the ending to Tianya Mingyue Dao?
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    Have you ever read the ending to Tianya Mingyue Dao?

No, have not. My mandarin ain't that good so its slow for me to read the novels. I only read the translations here which go up to chapter 7.

Back to the subject of GL heroes having low internal and esp. all that LXF bashing.

LXF could use his _finger_ to casually punch a hole in stone. Contrast this to WCY or Yideng (alledgedly cannot write on wood). Granted writing is harder then just punching thru. But I don't think using a finger to punch thru stone is an easy feat even for JY elites.

LXF could use his _finger_ to casually punch a hole in stone. Contrast this to WCY or Yideng (alledgedly cannot write on wood). Granted writing is harder then just punching thru. But I don't think using a finger to punch thru stone is an easy feat even for JY elites.
    In fact, I don't think anyone in Jin Yong universe has demonstrated the ability to poke finger through stone. Jiumozhi using Losing Worry Finger was said to capable of penetrating gold and stone (穿金破石), but it was likely another literary expression.

No, have not. My mandarin ain't that good so its slow for me to read the novels. I only read the translations here which go up to chapter 7.

Back to the subject of GL heroes having low internal and esp. all that LXF bashing.

The laws of physics almost seem to work differently in the Gu Long universe from how they do in the Jin Yong universe. If someone were to publish a study of physics in wuxia, they'd probably have to note that Earth-JY and Earth-GL have somewhat different masses, relative densities, gravity, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    The laws of physics almost seem to work differently in the Gu Long universe from how it does in the Jin Yong universe. If someone were to publish a study of physics in wuxia, they'd probably have to note that Earth-JY and Earth-GL have somewhat different masses, relative densities, gravity, etc.
    Surprisingly, their leaping distances so far seem consistent. The best JY qinggong users and the likes of LXF seem to be limited to 30 feet.

Of course I have not read all the bajillion GL stories out there so there might be at least one instance of a random GL goon jumping 100 feet.

Of course I have not read all the bajillion GL stories out there so there might be at least one instance of a random GL goon jumping 100 feet.
    Indeed Here is a quote from a Gu Long novel:

于是他猛一提气,身形嗖地往江中窜去,这一窜至少有五六丈远近

The lightness kung fu in Gu Long's novels put Jin Yong's to shame. People in Gu Long universe are able to change direction in mid air, run on water without getting their feet wet, and start "walking" in mid air after falling off a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Indeed Here is a quote from a Gu Long novel:

于是他猛一提气,身形嗖地往江中窜去,这一窜至少有五六丈远近

The lightness kung fu in Gu Long's novels put Jin Yong's to shame. People in Gu Long universe are able to change direction in mid air, run on water without getting their feet wet, and start "walking" in mid air after falling off a cliff.
    I knew it! And i'd bet in some obscure corner of his novels, there is some guy who jumped further than that from a handstand position or something.

I still think the guy who walked on the ocean floor was amongst the nuttiests feat.*

*ignoring 'Turning the Universe Upside Down' and 'Freezing Time and Space' of course.

If we take the GL characters' martial arts as they are in the novels, the JY heroes are about to be driven to extinction.

I seriously don't understand how anyone could place so much faith in JY characters when GL characters are obviously stronger at first glance. The feats are rather self-explanatory, and the abilities that they display in general surpass what the JY heroes have shown in their respective novels. Do I have to list every single thing that they do before I can confirm this fact?

Quote Originally Posted by kwekmh View Post
    Do I have to list every single thing that they do before I can confirm this fact?
    YES PLEASE!

YES PLEASE!
    All right. I'll find time to list some of the feats that I come across in LXF as I am reading that at the moment.

hm. i haven't much experience with GL, but according to your conversations i am inclined to believe that the feats have to correspond with their relative universe. now my question is, would the GL characters be able to accomplish all that if they are placed in JY's universe?

sorry im a noob, and i feel slightly ashamed for intruding on the convos of you experienced people
    Yang Mi, Liu Shi Shi, Tang Yan = my young golden three

Quote Originally Posted by snowyjasmine View Post
    hm. i haven't much experience with GL, but according to your conversations i am inclined to believe that the feats have to correspond with their relative universe. now my question is, would the GL characters be able to accomplish all that if they are placed in JY's universe?

sorry im a noob, and i feel slightly ashamed for intruding on the convos of you experienced people
    Its ok, we don't have enough new blood around here. Its always the same stubborn bunch of veterans yelling about the same things over and over.

I don't think you can just swap characters into each others universe and compare since there are no rules governing these situations. I think its best to just assume that if a GL fighter can jump 50 feet in the GL world, he can jump 50 feet in the JY world too.

Otherwise, one could argue that Xiao Feng can defeat Superman because in the JY world, flying , reversing time and lifting mountains are not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    1. Sai Mun Chui Sheut is sent to kill Mui Chiu Fung
    Is Mui Chiu Fung very powerful? How come you match her with a sword god?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Instant fail. I would think SMXC would refuse to use a sword on a blind woman.

Cannot refuse. Since Ken set this rule for Hua Man Lou
    6. Fa Mun Lau (laying aside his unwillingness to kill) is sent to kill the three junior DGSD Evils (he can do so separately).
    I think Simon's case also applies.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    It was the opening fight in this match, so I decided to start with a (mis)match that would produce a more-or-less guaranteed outcome. Really, it wasn't as guaranteed as it looked: at this forum, at least, people seem obsessed with the idea that "Sai Mun Chui Sheut can't...," so I decided to test this phenomenon out by pitting him against a Jin Yong character who was powerful, but not truly elite.

As it turns out, SMCS takes this one easily by consensus, but I *really* worried for a while that at least one person would claim that even Mui Chiu Fung could beat him.

He normally doesn't kill women...but he's threatened the Ngor Mei 4 Beauties ("if they use swords, I don't consider them women"), Seung Gwoon Fei Yin/Dan Fung ("if you ever use the sword again, I will make sure you die by my sword"), Aunt 13 (for murdering her husband, Lee Yim Bak), and, at least by suggestion, Widow Fa.

Blind? I don't know if that would deter Sai Mun Chui Sheut either if he knew that Mui Chiu Fung was murdering people to practice her 9 Yum White Bone Claw skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    6. Fa Mun Lau (laying aside his unwillingness to kill) is sent to kill the three junior DGSD Evils (he can do so separately).
    What about this? Why did you choose to pit FML against the 3 Junior evils? Are they really powerful? They don't look really powerful in adaptations. But, I might be wrong.

FML to me is only slightly below Luk Siu Fung in martial arts skill. So, I agree with PJ's 100% win assessment. But, the 3 evils could be more powerful than they look in the novel.