Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some Gu Long characters are sent to assassinate some Jin Yong characters:

Default Some Gu Long characters are sent to assassinate some Jin Yong characters:

In some dimension-twisting crossover, certain Gu Long characters are sent into the Jin Yong universe to kill certain Jin Yong characters. Estimate the success rate for the following scenarios (assume everybody is at the top of their abilities):

1. Sai Mun Chui Sheut is sent to kill Mui Chiu Fung

2. Ding Pang is sent to kill Kiu Fung

3. Luk Siu Fung is sent to kill Gwok Jing

4. Chor Lau Heung is sent to kill East Heretic Wong Yerk See

5. Ah Fei is sent to kill Ling Wu Chung

6. Fa Mun Lau (laying aside his unwillingness to kill) is sent to kill the three junior DGSD Evils (he can do so separately).

7. Lee Chum Foon is sent to kill the Golden Wheel Monk

8. Gung 9 is sent to kill Dook Goo Kau Bai

9. Tse Hiu Fung is sent to kill Yeung Gor

10. Siu Yiu Hao is sent to kill the Janitor Monk

I have a pretty good estimate that GL heroes like: LXH, Ah Fei, XMCX, YGC and even LXF would pose a very dangerous for even the most powerful of JY heroes.

I really doubt that YG would be able to defeat LXH easily, or LHC against Ah Fei.

XMCX would be a deadly match for people like GWM and HR and YGC would defeat someone like ZWJ.

In JY people become powerful by learning and combining different skills (sort of like 'Jack of all Trades')

In GL, people become powerful by concentrating and perfecting on 1 skill or weapon to the ultimate perfection level.

Since these people or people like them and these skills do not exist in today's world, it would be hard to really compare them, for now we will have to base our judgements on what we read and our own logical reasoning.

the one thing that I see with GL's characters is that GL doesn't really concentrate on the internal aspect as much. If you were to compare JY and GL's writing, you would see that in JY's universe, internal difference is a BIG matter. On the contrary, I don't think internal is as stressed in GL's world. GL is more weapon or a single specialty art.

XMCX can defitnitely hunt down MCF.

Ding Pang....., not sure how he would do against XF. Ding Pang IMO is more intelligent though and more wise in combat.

Honestly, I don't think LSF can kill GJ. In matter of fact, I think GJ can KILL LSF. LSF has the brains while GJ has the better martial art. However, even with brains, GJ is no dummy when he gets in the battlefield and faces life and death situations.

I'm not very sure CLX can kill HYS either. Maybe CLX has better leviation skills, but purely off martial arts, I'm in favor of HYS. And both are smart, so I don't think one side has a particular advantage in that category. Overall, I think HYS>CLX. HOWEVER, if the battle is in water, then HYS is screwed.

Ah Fei on LHC.... It really depends. In terms of internal, LHC no doubt surpasses what Ah Fei has. But then again, GL doesn't stress internal as big as a factor. In terms of sword speed, Ah Fei is faster, but in sword technique, LHC is better. I'm not sure.

LXH on JLFW eh.... I'm guessing LXH because LXH his dagger's speed is unmatched and I don't think JLFW can do anything about it. In this case, speed is too much that it becomes a factor that can cover the clear internal disadvatage that LXH has.

I personally think DGQB wins if he reached overcome sword without a sword. To be honest, I'm not even sure Xiao Yiao Huo can beat this DGQB and Xiao Yiao Huo is rated #1 in GL's universe.

Never read TSH. So I can't comment on this.

Chances that Xiao Yiao Huo can hunt down Sweeper Monk IMO is 0%. Though Xiao Yiao Huo is the strongest in GL's universe, Sweeper Monk is like a living buddha who is almost supernatural.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

agree with whsie (for the ones i know). as for #9, who wins is circumstantial. you're obviously talking about THF before his, er, disability. both THF and YG have emotional baggage that will get in the way of their fight, so depending on what "mood" they're in, either has the chance of killing the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    the one thing that I see with GL's characters is that GL doesn't really concentrate on the internal aspect as much. If you were to compare JY and GL's writing, you would see that in JY's universe, internal difference is a BIG matter. On the contrary, I don't think internal is as stressed in GL's world. GL is more weapon or a single specialty art.
    Actually, I think internal power is highly stressed in GL novels. It's just that for his more "popular" novels, the descriptions are very brief and succinct (well, everything is like that in his mid/late style), so one may not notice or pay much attention to it. There are a few that don't emphasize it, but for the most part it's there... especially in his earlier novels.

100%

91%

35%

35%

78.32%

6. Fa Mun Lau (laying aside his unwillingness to kill) is sent to kill the three junior DGSD Evils (he can do so separately).
    100%

98.29%

75%

99%

<0.01%
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Regarding CLX.. while he may not be overwhelmingly powerful, keep in mind that one of his greatest talent is his resourcefulness. He is able to defeat stronger opponents, and get out of the stickiest situations, through clever use of his environment or crazy/imaginative ways to find openings and expose weaknesses. He kinda reminds me of James Bond. He'd make a scary assassin, if he was so inclined.

Unfortunately, very few people can outsmart Huang Yaoshi.

About Li Xunhuan vs Golden Wheel Monk. He already killed a superior wheel user, so obviously another wheel guy would not be a match for the wondorous Little Li Flying Dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    He already killed a superior wheel user, so obviously another wheel guy would not be a match for the wondorous Little Li Flying Dagger.
    Seung Gwoon Gum Hung only lost, though, because he had one hella brainfart: he basically just threw away every advantage he had and just DARED Lee Chum Foon to kill him. If Seung Gwoon Gum Hung were thinking with his head and not a certain other organ on his body, he would have been the victor and Lee would have been dead.

Then again, the Golden Wheel Monk knows a thing or two himself about fighting stupidly, doesn't he?

The 24 Gods and Ghosts Exchange Of Glory of SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan will render any Gu Long expert unadvanceable and unretractable simultaneously.

The 24 Gods and Ghosts Exchange Of Glory of SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan will render any Gu Long expert unadvanceable and unretractable simultaneously.
    I'm thinking something *really* dirty right now, but I won't go there...

100%

91%

35%

35%

78.32%

100%

98.29%

75%

99%

<0.01%
    I think thats pretty good analysis

How about the following scenarios where a JY character is sent to kill the following GL characters.

SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan vs Li Xun Huan

SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan vs Ye Gu Cheng

SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan vs Ximen Chuixue

SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan vs Xiao Shiyi Lang

SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan vs Ah Fei

SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan vs Fu Hongxue

Will his Peak of Perfection in sword positioning and accuracy be enough to overcome the GL heroes?

How would Ye Gucheng's 'Outer Heaven Angel' stance copare with SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan's '24 Variation God and Ghost Exchange of the Sky Crippling Sword Art?'

i've never heard or watch any of the gu long stuff. can u all give me sum example. i wanna watch not read

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    How about the following scenarios where a JY character is sent to kill the following GL characters.

SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan vs Li Xun Huan

SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan vs Ye Gu Cheng

SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan vs Ximen Chuixue

SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan vs Xiao Shiyi Lang

SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan vs Ah Fei

SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan vs Fu Hongxue

Will his Peak of Perfection in sword positioning and accuracy be enough to overcome the GL heroes?

How would Ye Gucheng's 'Outer Heaven Angel' stance copare with SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan's '24 Variation God and Ghost Exchange of the Sky Crippling Sword Art?'
    LXH wins.
    XMCX wins.
    YGC wins.
    X11L wins.
    Ah Fei draws.
    Fu Hong Xue draws.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110
    i've never heard or watch any of the gu long stuff. can u all give me sum example. i wanna watch not read
    I recommend the 1970s TVB adaptations for LUK SIU FUNG, CHOR LAU HEUNG, and SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN, RUTHLESS SWORD (called THE ROMANTIC SWORDSMAN by TVB). The older screenplays and cinematography makes things a bit slow for viewers raised on the fast-paced dramas of the 1990s and 2000s, but they are very well crafted...products of a time when the process of making television serials was more organic and less formulaic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I recommend the 1970s TVB adaptations for LUK SIU FUNG, CHOR LAU HEUNG, and SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN, RUTHLESS SWORD (called THE ROMANTIC SWORDSMAN by TVB). The older screenplays and cinematography makes things a bit slow for viewers raised on the fast-paced dramas of the 1990s and 2000s, but they are very well crafted...products of a time when the process of making television serials was more organic and less formulaic.
    But don't think of using the martial art in those series to judge the characters' level of martial art skills. They look really unpowerful and slow.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

In GL, not so high martial arists can blow up boulders and such O_O

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    But don't think of using the martial art in those series to judge the characters' level of martial art skills. They look really unpowerful and slow.
    On the other hand, it's those very limitations that make the martial arts look more "authentic." There was no CGI or wire-fu to rely on back then, so the series makers had to rely on better martial arts choreography.

Anyway, though GL characters don't have blowing borders and such, there is achievement of sword chi. Being close to DY's 6MSJ, but a level behind. It was shown in X11L. So GL characters are pretty strong.
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 08-30-06 at 04:16 AM. Reason: off topic subject matter deleted