Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some Gu Long characters are sent to assassinate some Jin Yong characters:

GL characters do blow up stuff. In fact, some novels have things like rocks, trees, water, etc. being blasted apart left and right during battles. You can find lots of example in earlier novels such as "Jian Du Mei Xiang", "JianKe Xing", and others. Even in later novels, like "Qi Xing Long Wang", you have characters blasting through walls.

I guess it depends on what novels you read.

To my knowledge, I don't remember any super blow up stuffs in the Liu Siu Feng series or the Dagger Lee series. To there could have been some in X11L, but I don't remember any.

But I'm guessing the super tier fighters can do it like YPY or SL.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    On the other hand, it's those very limitations that make the martial arts look more "authentic." There was no CGI or wire-fu to rely on back then, so the series makers had to rely on better martial arts choreography.
    I beg to differ. Most of the fight scenes looks really mediocre (an staged) except a for few. They were even too slow for real life fights. Those scenes look more suitable for kungfu master to use as demonstration to his students. ("See this move? This hand goes there, and u use your leg to kick here. Ok, let Si Hing 1 and Si Hing 2 demonstrate to you the move."). There were of course some pretty good gems amount so-so fight scenes. Most good scenes were by Wong Yun Sun and I remember there was another pretty good one by Au Yeung Pui San with her whip. That's all.

Futuremore, it looks nothing like what I imagine when actually reading the novels. That's why I said not use to the martial art displayed in the series to gauge the martial arts of Gu Long characters. They are good series for viewers to learn the plot of the stories and even the personalities of the characters. I admit they are pretty accurate in this aspect. But, not the martial art.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

IMO, GL novels aren't as fit to become adaptations as JY's are. GL's fight a lot of the times rely on a critical moment where one makes a big descive move. And there is that "tension" and "feeling" when you read those fights. And IMO, those feeling and tension usually aren't expressable on TV, at least not as expressable.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

Hey another question.

Would JY chars fall for the seductive tricks of GL female antagonists?

If so, which ones do you think will fall for it?

I am thinking that someone like ZWJ would fall for Lin Xian'er if she plays the trick of pretending to be a helpless girl in danger. At least for a brief time anyway.

for a brief time, I think almost anyone would fall for LXE. Even LXH didn't suspect Lin Xian Er was who she was. Hm.... well maybe GJ or XF won't fall for beauty. GJ is 100% dedicated to his wife. And XF as we know is "uncomfortable" around females.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    for a brief time, I think almost anyone would fall for LXE. Even LXH didn't suspect Lin Xian Er was who she was. Hm.... well maybe GJ or XF won't fall for beauty. GJ is 100% dedicated to his wife. And XF as we know is "uncomfortable" around females.
    I also doubt that Lam Sin Yee would succeed in prying Yeung Gor away from Little Dragon Girl, although I do think that she would test his loyalty to Little Dragon Girl more severely than any of those other girls Yeung Gor associated with in ROCH. What do the likes of Gwok Fu, Gwok Seung, Luk Mo Seung, Ching Ying, Yeun Nan Ping, and Gung Sheun Luk Ngok have on Lam Sin Yee in the art of seduction?

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX
    I am thinking that someone like ZWJ would fall for Lin Xian'er if she plays the trick of pretending to be a helpless girl in danger. At least for a brief time anyway.
    Are you kidding? Lam Sin Yee made the likes of Chiu Mun and Chow Chi Yerk seem tame by comparison; she'd twist Cheung Mo Gei's heart even worse than Chu 9 Jen did.

And XF as we know is "uncomfortable" around females.
    That make XF sounds like a homosexual guy.
    ..ext88

Are you kidding? Lam Sin Yee made the likes of Chiu Mun and Chow Chi Yerk seem tame by comparison; she'd twist Cheung Mo Gei's heart even worse than Chu 9 Jen did.

So in all of Wuxia, what kind of person is the most dangerous?

(OF course I don't mean to imply any form of sexist remarks or generalization or stereotype.)

And I seem to recall that though LXH didn't suspect in the beginning she was the Plum Flower bandit, he never fell for her beauty either. We also have to remember that the TV adaptation with Vincent Jiao is different then what happened in the novel, but in both cases he never fell for her beauty or tricks it seemed.

Anyways, if someone like Lin Xian'er or (I forgot the name of SGJH's daughter) or any other female like them were sent to assassinate JY heroes, what are their chances against each of those heroes? Of course when they carry out their deed, they won't be using martial arts as much as they would use seduction and tricks.
    Last edited by MysteriouX; 08-30-06 at 04:41 AM.

And I seem to recall that though LXH didn't suspect in the beginning she was the Plum Flower bandit, he never fell for her beauty either. We also have to remember that the TV adaptation with Vincent Jiao is different then what happened in the novel, but in both cases he never fell for her beauty or tricks it seemed.

Anyways, if someone like Lin Xian'er or (I forgot the name of SGJH's daughter) or any other female like them were sent to assassinate JY heroes, what are their chances against each of those heroes? Of course when they carry out their deed, they won't be using martial arts as much as they would use seduction and tricks.
    To be honest, I want to watch Vincent's version, but I never got the chance. In other words, I read the book. And to my knowledge, that version was WAY DIFFERENT from the book. LXH for sure didn't suspect that she was the Plum Bandit. And actually, LXH may actually have believed of what LXE told him, but I'm pretty sure LXH also had that suspecting side and that was why LXH didn't completly fall for her beauty. LXH technically did fall for her beauty, but to a much lesser extent in comparision to everyone else.

As for assasination. I think LXE's only method is what she is best at because that is all she has. On the other hand, her daughter Shaung Guan Xiao Xian is much stronger. Not only in martial arts, but also in tactic. So even though SGXX could use seduction, but I doubt she would because SGXX is actually very loyal to Yei Kai.

Yeah.

Ok well I was just putting myself in a position where:

Ok, I've been asked to plan to assassinate JY heroes using people from GL world, who would I send? I don't think just sending martial artists would ensure me 100 percent success, I gotta develop other tricks and tactics too.

So what chance or probability would SGXX and LXE and others like them have in killing JY characters?

Consider yourself a commander of military troops and GL characters are your soldiers under your command and JY characters are the enemy.
    Last edited by MysteriouX; 08-30-06 at 05:44 AM.

BTW anyone ever saw the movie The Duel, based on book 3 of Adventures of LXF?

BTW anyone ever saw the movie The Duel, based on book 3 of Adventures of LXF?
    Yeah. That was a pretty lousy adaptation of the story. Stick with TVB's 1970s version with Damian Lau, Adam Cheng, and Wong Yeun Sun instead if you prefer a straight adaptation of the novel.

Seung Gwoon Gum Hung only lost, though, because he had one hella brainfart: he basically just threw away every advantage he had and just DARED Lee Chum Foon to kill him. If Seung Gwoon Gum Hung were thinking with his head and not a certain other organ on his body, he would have been the victor and Lee would have been dead.

Then again, the Golden Wheel Monk knows a thing or two himself about fighting stupidly, doesn't he?
    Many readers always interpret the battle as LXH having a great chance to kill SGGH but the truth is that as arrogant as SGGH is, he still only gave LXH a tiny chance of victory. SGGH gave himself the advantage of picking the location and time of the battle. SGGh also had the deadly JWM at his side. Psychologically, which is very important in GL's battles, LXH already was at a huge disadvantage by being in a situation which is seemingly hopeless. Physically, it was implied that the opening which LXH got was almost impossible for success and both JWM and SGGH were shocked that LXH was able to kill SGGH with such a difficult angle of release for his dagger. SGGH was arrogant but still he was way too smart to try to dodge LXH's dagger in a fair fight. Even with the opening that LXH got, he still had little hope of winning, which is why his victory was such a great feat.

I guess it depends on what novels you read.

To my knowledge, I don't remember any super blow up stuffs in the Liu Siu Feng series or the Dagger Lee series. To there could have been some in X11L, but I don't remember any.

But I'm guessing the super tier fighters can do it like YPY or SL.
    Just because GL doesn't go in depth about internal power like JY does, it doesn't mean that GL characters don't have huge internal power. It takes great internal power to release a dagger as fast as LXH, or to rountinely chop people in two like many of GL's sabre warriors do. How many people can release a dagger like LXH? There aren't many instances in JY's world, not including sneak attacks, where someone was killed by a projectile and no one watching even saw what happened.

I'm still favoring JY has higher internals. GL's character some have high internal, but I doubt to JY's level for some. Like for Lin Xun Hwan who you were speaking. Yes, I bet there is a prerequisite to release the dagger, but based on what was said throughout the 5 parts, I never had the impression that a extremely high internal is needed because everytime someone releases the dagger, it's "using every energy of your body" to release that dagger, not like a abundant internal focused on the fingers or seomthing.

I'm still favoring JY has higher internals. GL's character some have high internal, but I doubt to JY's level for some. Like for Lin Xun Hwan who you were speaking. Yes, I bet there is a prerequisite to release the dagger, but based on what was said throughout the 5 parts, I never had the impression that a extremely high internal is needed because everytime someone releases the dagger, it's "using every energy of your body" to release that dagger, not like a abundant internal focused on the fingers or seomthing.
    I doubt SM can move waterfalls.....(the discipline of the 2nd ranked fighter in Gl's universe [according to Tiger] can do that in just a few days...now imagine what XYH can do...)

Tell me if that doesn't require internal energy....

The elites of GL can kick all of JY's butts combined together....
    Still searching for my GuGu

if we're to base XYH and SM off the text, I'm favoring SM. I honestly don't imagine X11L as someone who can last 200 stances against SM. And SM as I said is almost like a living Buddha with full mastery of Shaolin arts. And IIRC, most still say SM is >XYH and some even say the % to kill SM is <.01%.

This Gu Long kung fu vs Jin Yong kung fu deal is going to be based on "gut feeling" more than most. Water Matriarch is ranked 4th in Gu Long universe and personally, I didn't think she was *that* amazing. And I do think that Gu Long pales at making the battle seem as exciting as Jin Yong's battles. I did think that Xie Xiaofeng and Yan 13 seemed more impressive than Water Mom.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」