Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the Have-Sex-Or-Die poison and other fantastic poisons

Default the Have-Sex-Or-Die poison and other fantastic poisons

I am watching Flying Fox 2006, and there's a plotline where a certain character gets poisoned by a certain drug that makes one's blood vessels explode unless he/she has a sexual release. To save this character, another character gives herself to him.

Now, the question, is, why doesn't he just rub one out? That should solve the problem. Seems like a cheesy plot device to me just to create tension among characters. I've seen the use of this poison in other shows too.

I think JY used this plot device in DGSD too. Other than that, was there another instance?

How bout the other crazy poisons? The one where worms lay dormant in wax (SOD) and antidote must be taken each year or else they break out? That's kind of a head scratcher how that could work.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Kind of like the whole suck the poison out and die bit. Couldn't they use leeches or use a cloth in their mouth while sucking or just wax their mouth and then use cloth to suck or something silly like that?

Sucking out the venom is just illogical in itself. One would assume the poison is already circulating around the blood after it was inflicted.

And who has live leeches handy in the event of venom?

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    Sucking out the venom is just illogical in itself. One would assume the poison is already circulating around the blood after it was inflicted.

And who has live leeches handy in the event of venom?
    There are films where the guy is lying on a deathbed for hours and someone tells them the situation, and then they decide to suck it out.

It's just an extreme plot-device so that one character can hook-up with another character after the sex. It reduce the courting time to just 5 to 15 minutes or maybe longer. Well, in a situation like that, I presume no foreplay and doing it in a hurry I guess, 10 minutes top?

That’s one thing I don’t like about JY stories, the crazy poison/antidote combos whose possibilities are only constrained by plot conveniences.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

i believe it is ignorance on the part of the one poisoned, he doesn't know he can bring relieve to himself and get rid of the poison because the hero is usually innocent on these matters. the 'experienced' fighters know how to take care of 'matters'. possibly because the poison or drug has a yin yang component, the person poisoned/drugged has to have intercourse with a member of the opposite sex to balance out the yin yang energy. the drug in DGSD was called the 'drug of yin and yang conjoining'. the effects grow unless you have sex or use a laxative to flush the drug out.

the dormant coffin worm poison pill is possible under this situation. the corpse worm is inside the pill, which is treated so the worm won't come out and the worm stays inside the intestines. the pill dissolves after a year, in order to suppress the worm, and additional pill is needed yearly. the antidote is actually a weak poison that keeps the worm down and a stronger does of the poison will kill the worm. without it, the worm will emerge, multiply, enter the brain and kill the host. the worm should be a parasite.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

I also do not understand related plot lines including the mythical properties of "virgin" sex and sometimes pee.

Regarding poison/venom from snakes, it is also bizarre that the bitten person (on the leg usually) has hours to die, but the "sucker" sometimes die right away. Considering volume of poison, I would guess 100% is in the leg, with max of 90% sucked out. They usually spit the blood out while sucking so were down to 30% max. Good clean rinse of the mouth with water brings it down to less than 10% possibly "swallowed". So why does the "sucker" die so quickly with less poison in the blood stream than the original person?

This one has been hashed over many times in this forum for years, but YG and XLN could have tried to blind fold themselves instead of practicing Jade Maiden Manual in the tall grass.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

actually most snake venom is only harmful when it enters the blood, stomach acids destroy the venom so it's harmless when consumed. so sucking snake venom is usually safe, through there are a few snake venoms that destroy flesh on contact so are deadly either way, but those usually kill in minutes of bite. so definitely it's a plot device. maybe if the person was wounded on a leg of arm, the poison needs time to spread, but if sucked by mouth, the poison enters the throat and kills faster by closing off the throat.

i always wondered b YG and XLN couldn't hang a cloth inside the tomb to separate each other, it's not any different then the bushes and it's not in public, unless they were exploring their exhibitionist behavior.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

I always hated that plot device of the Yin and Yang poison. I think it's just plain stupid.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    I am watching Flying Fox 2006, and there's a plotline where a certain character gets poisoned by a certain drug that makes one's blood vessels explode unless he/she has a sexual release. To save this character, another character gives herself to him.

Now, the question, is, why doesn't he just rub one out? That should solve the problem. Seems like a cheesy plot device to me just to create tension among characters. I've seen the use of this poison in other shows too.

I think JY used this plot device in DGSD too. Other than that, was there another instance?

How bout the other crazy poisons? The one where worms lay dormant in wax (SOD) and antidote must be taken each year or else they break out? That's kind of a head scratcher how that could work.
    Yeah, having sex seems like a really bad way to treat poisoning. I would think that if you've been poisoned you wouldn't want to do anything that increases your heart rate and blood circulation - in fact, in some other places where characters are poisoned during combat, JY actually mentions that it's bad for them to be exerting themselves!

The parasite pill from SOD is really bizarre. It isn't even really a poison. And even inside a wax pellet, how could the parasite survive? Tapeworms can survive in peoples' digestive tracts, certainly, but tapeworms don't migrate to peoples' brains and make them go insane.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Technically, the Yin and Yang Conjoining Powder was not a poison, but an extremely potent aphrodisiac, I think.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

I remember reading this in Wu Lin Wai Shi, where
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Shen Lang was supposedly given this drug and was forced to have sex with the bad girl (or something)
    , I thought it was the funniest thing ever. Especially because he was so conflicted about it too. I was like, she's hot, offers herself to you, you're going to die if you don't. What's the hesitation.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

I'm so gonna use this move to pick up FOB chicks.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    I'm so gonna use this move to pick up FOB chicks.
    That's not gonna work, since most of them won't know what sex is or how to do it.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Nothing a good teacher can't fix.

LMFAO. You two kidding me? Clearly, y'all know nothin' about the 90后
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Most fobs I know try to put on an image of innoscense and purity, even the ones in relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    That's not gonna work, since most of them won't know what sex is or how to do it.
    Well, the ancient cure left behind on a piece of goat skin has the walkthrough, which I'll instruct her to follow.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.