Thread: Hong Lung 18 Palms isn't a Shaolin martial art, but doesn't it *seem* like one?

Default Hong Lung 18 Palms isn't a Shaolin martial art, but doesn't it *seem* like one?

Before I learned that the Hong Lung 18 Palms was a martial art grounded in Taoist philosophy (particularly the I-Ching), I had the impression that its genesis was perhaps somehow related to the Shaolin Temple. Maybe it's the simple, extreme yang character of the palms (which is consistent with the character of much of Shaolin's martial arts), but for some reason, Hong Lung 18 Palms has always felt like a lost Shaolin martial art (even though it definitely isn't). Has anyone else ever gotten that impression?

i thought all martial arts originated from SHAOLIN in some way, some form, or another.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien
    i thought all martial arts originated from SHAOLIN in some way, some form, or another.
    I meant in a more direct way, however, such as created by a Shaolin monk at the Shaolin Temple.

I remember watching DGSD '97 and thought Qiu Fung's HL18P and the rest of his kung fu was taught by an old Shaolin monk in secrecy.

Actually, in real history most ShaoLin Martial arts are from old retired martial artists here and there that went to Shaolin to retire as a monk. Ir's more like martial arts gathers to rather then originated from ShaoLin.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^