Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wang Lee Hom

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Love In Disguise DVD is out in the stores. I would recommend people to buy it for the great music (composed and performed by Leehom of course!) but the story is only so-so.
    i already saw it. its a pretty generic movie, but i still like it cause leehom just looks so darn cute
    and yeah, the soundtracks pretty good, i bought his new cd which was incidently released the same day as the movie. been listening to it on repeat

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    and yeah, the soundtracks pretty good, i bought his new cd which was incidently released the same day as the movie. been listening to it on repeat
    I actually prefer Leehom to Jay, as I much prefer Leehom's singing and his music is more experimental. I'm just surprised they didn't consider casting Leehom as Kato in Green Hornet, as Leehom speaks English like a native American. Jay's "Engrich" was really bad!
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    I actually prefer Leehom to Jay, as I much prefer Leehom's singing and his music is more experimental. I'm just surprised they didn't consider casting Leehom as Kato in Green Hornet, as Leehom speaks English like a native American. Jay's "Engrich" was really bad!
    i prefer leehom also (and it doesn't hurt that he looks MUCH better )
    and wow i was totally thinking the same thing! i couldn't understand half of what jay was saying in that movie...i think leehom would've been awesome

Yeah man. Jay really looked short and geeky next to the Hollywood actors in Green Hornet. Leehom would have had better presence (plus he speaks fluent understandable English!).

I actually can't decide between preferring Jay or Leehom's music. I prefer Jay's rapping, but Leehom has a much more soulful voice. I think Leehom's latest album - The 18 Martial Arts - represents his very best ever. The first track (Dragon Dance) kinda threw me off with the Chinese New Year lion dance-type sounds, but he blended it really well into R&B. He's also included the two Love In Disguise themes which I like a lot.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 02-22-11 at 02:42 PM.

Yeah man. Jay really looked short and geeky next to the Hollywood actors in Green Hornet. Leehom would have had better presence (plus he speaks fluent understandable English!).

I actually can't decide between preferring Jay or Leehom's music. I prefer Jay's rapping, but Leehom has a much more soulful voice. I think Leehom's latest album - The 18 Martial Arts - represents his very best ever. The first track (Dragon Dance) kinda threw me off with the Chinese New Year lion dance-type sounds, but he blended it really well into R&B. He's also included the two Love In Disguise themes which I like a lot.
    lol at the "really short and geeky" part but yeah, leehom does have better presence, imo

hmm. i listen to both of them, but i like leehom's voice better. and i also agree about the album - it definitely is one of his best albums to date. i love almost every track on it! (not the first Dragon Dance one though...it threw me off too. i still can't get around to liking it. but i love all the other songs! )

Love In Disguise DVD is out in the stores. I would recommend people to buy it for the great music (composed and performed by Leehom of course!) but the story is only so-so.
    Actually I enjoyed Love In Disguise because of the music. Leehom didn't market it as a movie-with-substance-type (unlike the scammer Yu Zheng!) but a light-hearted semi-autobio of life as a music star. So I was just expecting an extended MV and I got what I wanted - great jammin' music!

Jay didn't sing or rap in Green Hornet. DON'T LIKE!!!

On the contrary, Dragon Dance is my favourite track along with Do U ♥ Me. I've always thought the bong ching ching sound of lion/dragon dances would be great in a dance track and Leehom did a fantastic job in blending the dragon dance beat seamlessly into an R&B piece. It makes me wanna hip-hop all nite!!

I like him because he's a music star with substance and genuine talent and was never over-rated in any way. Except that there was one point where the media said he's gay because I think he tried to be gay-sympathetic. Then he interviewed and posed for pics in some gay magazine (which xiaolong prob saw)...ugh! Now he has to spend a lot of press interview time rebuffing gay rumours...up to today! It's good to be publicly gay-sympathetic in the US but not in Asia!
    Last edited by munianci; 02-24-11 at 05:00 AM.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

I can't really decide whether I prefer The 10 Martial Arts or Heart Beat (launched during Christmas 2008). My beef about Heart Beat is that the album was too short.

It's funny isn't it? I still get "Leehom is Gay" articles now and then on my newsfeeds.

it's so sad that he has to fend off gay rumours like constantly.
    oh leehom, you're too attractive for your own good

OMG, he's not gay?!!!

http://www.divaasia.com/media_photo/26324

Fri, Nov 22, 2013
    The Star/Asia News Network
    Email Print Decrease text size Increase text size
    Singer Wang Leehom finds his 'Forever Love'
    by Victoria Brown
    It's official! Taiwanese-American singer-songwriter Wang Leehom is now off the market.

Mandopop star Wang, who is usually guarded about his private life, announced on social networking sites that he had found his "Forever Love".

In his post, Wang introduced his 27-year-old girlfriend Lee Jinglei, a graduate student from Columbia University.

"She's not in the entertainment business so you don't know her, but I also don't want to create the opportunity for rumours," said 37-year-old Wang.

"I'm lucky to have met a girl to hold hands with and share my future," he added.

Wang said that both his parents loved her and that he hoped everyone would feel the same way.

His announcement came a day after he wrote that his job at times had been "very lonely" and that he was ready to "make a change" to his life.

"Many of my songs are about 'needing someone' and being a 'music gypsy', reflecting my long held hopes for love and family," he wrote.

"Finding that balance between passion for work and creating the life I so long for has been quite a journey, but now, I'm finally ready to make a change and have the best of both worlds," said Wang.

more: wang lee hom
    I ship Shi-Harem

LOL that was (unfortunately) one of my first thoughts too...

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    LOL that was (unfortunately) one of my first thoughts too...
    I seriously thought he was gay, as more than a few of my American Chinese friends swore on their lives that he's gay.
    I ship Shi-Harem