Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 22 LOCH

Default Chapter 22 LOCH

This is actually a nonedited and uncompleted version. Please understand tat I cannot give a definite time to finish my part of the job and this is done by the orders of 'foxy' fox. Please enjoy it if you guys can.
    Chapter 22: Taking a Ride to Kill Sharks
    Huang Rong sees Ouyang Feng receiving who has reached the shore beaming happily from ear to ear but never uttering any word reflecting his thankfulness to Guo Jing. He just immediately pulled the sleeve of Guo Jing’s clothes and returned to the grotto/cave together.
    Guo Jing sees that Huang Rong has a worried expression on her face and asked her, “What are you thinking about?” Huang Rong replied, “I am thinking about 3 very difficult things which seems to be difficult to apprehend.” Guo Jing replied, “You are an intelligent person who always has a way to solve problems.” Huang Rong gave a very light laugh; feeling crossed and slightly congealed her eye brows, focusing on something.
    Hong Qi Gong then opened his mouth to speak, “The 1st matter really does not matter much. The 2nd and 3rd matters actually teaches and makes people to be at a loss and not scheme.” Guo Jing then said, “Wow! You really are amazing! How would you know about the 3 matters that she is thinking about?” Hong Qi Gong replied, “I was just merely guessing her thoughts. The 1st matter is on how to cure my injury. There is no doctor, medicine and a person with good internal energy here to help me. I can always accept my fate with resignation. Whether I live or die in not of the most important matter now. The 2nd matter is on how to defend ourselves from the poisonous hand of Ouyang Feng. This person’s martial art is really solid. The 2 of you are no match for him. The 3rd matter is on when we can really return to China ever again. Rong Er, am I right or wrong?” Huang Rong replied, “Yes, at present the most pressing matter is to think of a way to go pass ‘Lao Du Wu’, making him not so daring to act so ruthlessly.” Hong Qi Gong said, “As a guide, we must have a battle of wits with him. Lao Du Wu may be cunning but he is completely conceited. So conceited that he does not consider much. Tricking him is not an extremely difficult task. However, after he has been tricked, he will immediately adapt from the changes followed by a very severe counter attack. The 2 people gave a deep thought. Huang Rong started to think about the match and the small difference in the ability of her father and teacher. Her father would not be able to win even under this condition. How she would be able to match up to her opponent? It seemed impossible to come up with a plan to kill Ouyang Feng but only coerce him to commit more evil deeds. Hong Qi Gong suddenly felt pin in his chest and coughed loudly. Huang Rong immediately helped Hong Qi Gong to sleep, only to have herself dash forward trying to find who was blocking sunlight, only to see Ouyang Feng carrying his nephew making a hissing sound saying, “Get out all of you! Let me have this cave of this hill for my nephew to heal his injury!” Guo Jing who was angry immediately jumped out and said, “This place belongs to my master!” Ouyang Feng coldly replied, “Even the Jade Emperor must give way if He is residing here!” Guo Jing who was extremely furious at the turn of events tried to explain. However, Huang Rong immediately dragged Guo Jing’s clothes and bended down to help Hong Qi Gong left the cave.
    Upon being carried out and passing by Ouyang Feng’s body, Hong Qi Gong opened his eyes and said with a smile, “Impressive power and murderous look!” Ouyang Feng’s face turned slightly red. He could have Hong Qi Gong die violently with the convenience of one of his palm of his hand. Unknowingly, he let his righteous side dominate him for the time being. He could not help but take this insult to heart and turned his head in order to avoid eye contact with Hong Qi Gong and said, “Come back and deliver us something to eat! The 2 of you watch out for your 3 lives if you find any food and are keeping them for your mischievous purposes.” After the 3 of them left the mountain already, Guo Jing repeatedly cursed at Ouyang Feng’s behavior while Huang Rong was deep with her thoughts and not talking at all. Guo Jing said, “Master please rest here while I go and look for a suitable place to rest.” Huang Rong helped Hong Qi Gong to sit down properly at a nearby big pine tree when she spotted 2 squirrels hurriedly climbing up the tree trunk. She immediately caught them down only to see the 2 squirrels walking towards her. Huang Rong sensed that something interesting is about to happen. She picked up a loose fruit from the ground and extended her hand out. A squirrel approached the fruit, apparently attracted to the smell of the fruit and used its front feet to try to prevent the fruit from going away. Another just merely climbed to Hong Qi Gong. Huang Rong said, “Nobody has been here before. Look at the 2 squirrels, not afraid of humans at all.”
    The squirrels heard Huang Rong spoke and climbed back up to the tree. Huang Rong peered up to look at the dense leaves growing from the branches of the pine tree. The leaves form the shape of a canopy and the top of the tree is filled with green cane. Huang Rong suddenly got an idea and called out, “Jing Ge Ge, there is no need to look anymore. Let’s go on top of the tree.” Guo Jing stopped looking and faced towards the pine tree. The tree is indeed a wonderful place to live in. Huang Rong and Guo Jing both folded the branches of the tree in order to form a platform between the branches. They then helped Hong Qi Gong up and shouted; “Heave!” in order to put Hong Qi Gong safely on the platform they just made. Huang Rong laughed and said, “We are living on branches behaving like birds. Let the 2 of them (Ouyang Feng and his nephew) live in caves and behave like beasts.” Guo Jing then said, “Rong Er, do you want to send them food or not?” Huang Rong said, “Since I cannot think of any wonderful plan and defeat Lao Du Wu at the moment, I think we’d better comply with his request.” Guo Jing smothered incessantly. Guo Jing and Huang Rong both went behind the mountain and managed to catch a wild goat. They then made a fire to roast the goat. The roasted goat was then ripped into two. Huang Rong took a piece of the meat and threw it to the ground and said, “Urinate on top of the meat!” Guo Jiang said with a smile, “They will know.” Huang Rong said, “Don’t you bother about that.” Guo Jing blushed and said, “I can’t do it!” Huang Rong said, “What?” Guo Jing then spoke haltingly, “If you are beside me, I cannot urinate.” Huang Rong merely laughed at that statement. Hong Qi Gon who was on top of the tree said, “Throw the meat up! I will urinate on it myself!” Guo Jing took that particular meat, laughed and leaped up to the platform so that Hong Qi Gong can urinate on that mutton. Hong Qi Gong urinated a lot on the mutton and laughed out loud before walking towards the cave. Huang Rong called out and said, “No! You should be the one who deliver the meat.” Guo Jing scratched on his head and said, “This is the clean one.” Huang Rong said, “That’s right. We are going to give them the clean mutton.” Even though Guo Jing felt that Huang Rong was wrong, but he usually listened to whatever Huang Rong said and walked towards the cave to offer the clean mutton. At the same time, Huang Rong took the urinated meat and put it on the fire as if it was being roasted and went to pluck edible wild fruits. Hong Qi Gong did not understand Huang Rong’s plan and smothered. His saliva dropped showing his greediness and desire to have mutton. However, the only mutton left is the one smeared with urine. He has no choice but to be patient. The roasted mutton released a very good aroma. As a result, Ouyang Feng did not wait for Guo Jing to enter the cave. He waited outside the cave while sniffing at the wonderful aroma of the meat. He immediately starched his hands to grab the meat while his face was showing how pleased he was at the moment. He then changed his mind and said, “Are there any more mutton left?” Guo Jing then pointed his finger at the location of the other half of the mutton. After hearing that, Ouyang Feng immediately rushed towards the pine tree. He snatched the mutton smeared with urine and threw the clean mutton on the ground while laughing coldly before turning around to leave. Guo Jing knew that at this moment he must reveal anything suspicious from his face. However, it was not in his nature put on a straight face to trick others. He just merely turned around not wanting Ouyang Feng to look at his face. He waits for Ouyang Feng to be far away before rushing to Huang Rong. He smiled at her and said, “How do you know that he will come and exchange the meat?” Huang Rong smiled and said, “According to the military tactic, the one that is full is empty and the one that is full is empty. Lao Du Wu knows that we will be applying some kind of trick on the food and does not want to be tricked. As a result, I just allowed him to trick himself.” Guo Jing listened to all of this in awe while tearing the clean mutton into smaller pieces before taking it up to the pavilion. The 3 of them then started to eat the mutton. While all of them were eating happily, Guo Jing suddenly said, “Rong Er, you really came up with a wonderful ruse just now. Nevertheless, it was still a dangerous one.” Huang Rong immediately asked, “Why?” Guo Jing then replied, “If Lao Du Wu does not come out and exchange the mutton, wouldn’t we be eating the mutton covered with master’s urine?” Huang Rong who was sitting on a root of the tree while listening to Guo Jing’s words laughed loudly until her waist bended and tumbled down the tree. She then leaped up the tree again unharmed and said, “Very very dangerous indeed.” Hong Qi Gong sighed before saying, “Foolish child, if he does not come to exchange the mutton, can’t you just not eat the tainted mutton?” Guo Jing was startled at the truth of the statement and gave a loud laugh after that before falling down from the tree as well. After Ouyang Feng and his nephew ate the mutton, they found out that the mutton has urine smell all over it not knowing what had been done to the mutton. In fact, they still praised Huang Rong for having such a wonderful skill in roasting the mutton despite its salty taste. Not long after that, the sky is starting to turn dark. It was at this moment that Ouyang Ke’s wound started to ache, causing him to groan loudly.
    Ouyang Feng walked out towards the pine tree and called out, “Come down little girl!” Huang Rong was startled because she did not expect Ouyang Feng to come that soon. She asked, “What is it?” Ouyang Feng answered, “My nephew needs tea and water. Quickly go and serve him now.” The 3 people on tree listened to everything amd could not help but feel very angry. Ouyang Feng shouted angrily, “Hurry up! What are you all waiting for?” Guo Jing whispered, “Let us start to retaliate against him at this moment.” Hong Qi Gong then added, “The 2 of you quickly run towards behind the mountains. Don’t you worry about me.” Huang Rong has already calculated properly on the 2 choices that they have now. Whether they flee or duel with Ouyang Feng, their teacher’s life will be lost. The only thing that can be done now is to compromise for the sake of their teacher’s health. Huang Rong then leaped down from the tree and said, “Alright, let me go and have a look at his wound.” Ouyang Feng made a depicting his contempt before saying, “The boy surnamed Guo might as well come down too. Is he still soundly asleep? Now I have another good idea.” Guo Jing immediately swallowed his anger and leapt down from the tree too. Ouyang Feng then mentioned his requests, “Go get 100 lumbers for me tonight. If there is one lumber less, I will break one leg. If there are 2 lumbers less, I will break 2 legs.” Huang Rong asked, “What do you want to do with the lumbers? Besides, how are we going to see where we are going in the dark?” Ouyang Feng, “You talk too much girl! What does this have to do with you? Quickly go and attend to my nephew. If there is something amiss or wrong, all of you will suffer the consequences!” Huang Rong gave Guo Jing a hand signal telling him not to make things worse. Her eyes then met with Ouyang Feng’s before she disappeared in the darkness. Guo Jing was so angry that tears almost fell from his eyes. Hong Qi Gong said, “When my grandfather, father and I were young, we were slaves of the Jins. This hardship is considered nothing at all.” Guo Jing was too afraid to take a nap and said, “So it seems that master was once a slave. It is much unexpected that you would be able to practice powerful martial arts. I feel wronged today. How could I not endure such trivial hardship patiently?” Guo Jing then leaped down from the tree and ignited the fire using a tree branch before heading towards behind the mountain. He launched the 18 dragon palms technique, making all the trees in front of him collapse. It was at that moment that he realized how adaptable Huang Rong was in any kind of situation like the other day when she fended of attacks by her opponents at Zhao palace the other day. No matter how difficult the obstacles there is she somehow managed to actually overcome with gusto.
    Even with the most powerful stance of ‘Xiang Long 18 Zan’, the task Guo Jing was appointed still took a long time causing Guo Jing to overstrain his body and unable to maintain his energy level. It was only on the 5th earthly branch that Guo Jing managed to knock down 21 pine trees. Upon knocking down the 22nd pine tree, Guo Jing ‘s arm felt sore and tired, causing him to launch ‘meeting the dragon in the plain’ move. Nevertheless, the palm move was uneven causing the leaves on that particular tree to merely sway with its leaves still intact. The tree trunks just merely oscillated like a pendulum. This is because the actual strength of the palm did not fully pass Guo Jing’s palm. This is not proper and was warned by Hong Qi Gong before since this can cause critical injury to oneself. Guo Jing immediately stopped what he was doing and rested while diagnosed himself. He found out that he has already worn himself out.
    Guo Jing knew that if he still exerted any more energy, it will indeed bring disaster over himself. In the end, he would have internal injuries. In a desolate island without any proper tools to chop down trees, how will he be able to chop down anymore trees?
    I am living in exile, waiting for a little ray of hope to bring me back to where I belong.

Thank you so much William. And no, that was NOT an order .. what do you think I am? Drill Sergeant? I was just encouraging the translators to finish their respective chapters. IcyFox has not released his Chapter 21 anyway, and I haven't finished Chapter 23 (taking over from Demonic Swordsman). Anyway, on behalf of the readers, I want to thank you.

Hey its great to see you guys haven't given up on loch.

On behalf of the readers, thank you all very much.

Icyfox is probably very busy doing military service right now, I hope he can squeeze some time to finish his chapters. More power to you fox team!

Default NONE

SOrry for the typo errors here, there and everywhere. Such a disgrace to me! Anyway, enjoy it for a while as I am going to be away for a lonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggg while.
    I am living in exile, waiting for a little ray of hope to bring me back to where I belong.

Folks,

Looks like Chapter 22 and 23 are dumped on my lap ... Anyway, I will continue where William and Danshu left off, and then post them in this thread. But please bear with me since I am kind of busy at the moment. Translation: I am not going to post daily updates. Please check back in several days. I will try to post twice weekly (finger-crossed).

Default Continuation

Dear Readers:

I am pleased to announce Bluebook has agreed to take over Chapter 23. In the meantime, I am going to continue Chapter 22.

Below is the summary of what happened in Chapter 21:

(I write this as the background story for you who want to continue reading Chapter 22. If you consider this a spoiler, then don't read it. But ... perhaps you shouldn't read Chapter 22 either ... IcyFox has promised to post Chapter 21 before Christmas, which is only about 3 months away. I do hope we will get our Christmas present this year. )

Hong Qigong and Ouyang Feng were fighting on the burning boat. Hong Qigong was heavily injured because Ouyang Feng attacked him from behind.

In the end they (HQG, OYF, Guo Jing, Huang Rong and Ouyang Ke) were stranded on some desolate island. Ouyang Ke fell into HR's trap in which his legs were crushed with the 'thousand-catty rock'. GJ and HR helped OYF save OYK; and OYF left them without even saying 'thank you'.

Default Chapter 22 - Part 1

William has already posted this, but I edited it based on the original text found in qiqi.com just for the sake of clarity. I will post some more tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 22 – Taking a Ride to Kill Sharks

Part 1 Translated by Williamlcb and Foxs, edited by Eliza Bennet

Moved to Chapter 22 - Wandering on a shark's back
    Last edited by foxs; 10-04-06 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Moved to LoCH unabridged

Default Chapter 22 - Part 2

Translated by Foxs, Edited by Eliza Bennet

----------------------
    Please give me a few more days for the next installment.
    Last edited by foxs; 10-04-06 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Moved to LoCH unabridged

Default Chapter 22 - Part 3

It's awfully quiet in here; but I guess it was because everybody is waiting for Chapter 21. Perhaps I should also learn to be patient and post the next part much later. Just kidding. I will keep posting it until chapter 22 is finished. It's a very long chapter; longer than average.
    -----------------------------------------

Chapter 22 – Part 3

Last edited by foxs; 10-04-06 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Moved to LoCH unabridged

KEWL!!! I can now read and enjoy . Hmm... I wonder who that is shouting for help...?
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Ha! I bet it's one of those fiendish Ouyang's - more difficult to kill off than a horde of zombies! They just seem to keep on coming!

hi,
    the story is really nice.I'm waiting for the rest.keep up the good work!
    btw,can anyone tell me where i can find the las parts of chapter 12, 'cuz it was said "to be continiued" but i didn't see anything coming.
    thanks!

Foxs,-once again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your time and hard work on this project. I'm very happy!!!

Default Chapter 22 - Part 4

Thank you all, for letting me know I am not alone in this thread. Chapter 12 is indeed unfinished, but xfiberfloss still say he is going to finish it up (check his message in the LoCh 14 thread).

Last edited by foxs; 10-04-06 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Moved to LoCH unabridged

Great job translators, specially Foxs. Thanks for a good read.

Thanks fox! you're doing great.

It is mentioned that HQG and Huang Rong are two generations of Begger association leaders. When did Huang Rong became the leader of Begger Association? I can't find it in chapter 22. Was it in chapter 21?
    Rose blooms best near death
    You are in full bloom, Pal!

Quote Originally Posted by nisachar
    It is mentioned that HQG and Huang Rong are two generations of Begger association leaders. When did Huang Rong became the leader of Begger Association? I can't find it in chapter 22. Was it in chapter 21?
    I think so. I've not reached there yet.

Default Chapter 22 - Part 5

Last edited by foxs; 10-04-06 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Moved to LoCH unabridged

I really hope Guo Jing beats those guys.
    nice job foxs.