Thread: Jenny & Juno

Default Jenny & Juno

Anyone heard of this K-movie "Jenny and Juno"? Its a movie about teen pregnancy and how the two expectent parents try to hide it from everyone after deciding to keep the baby.

I've just started watching it. Just wondering if anyone seen it?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I have...

It had its sweet moments...

When i was watching it, I dont know whether I'll be happy or sad...happy that Jenny and Juno is fighting for their love and their baby...or sad that the children (jenny, juno and their classmates) just seem to accept things as they are without really realizing the responsibility that it entails...or the movie just didnt go deeply on that.

newaiz, i may just be over-analyzing it
    Last edited by maysapaw; 09-03-06 at 06:14 AM.
    U can choose 2 keep on doing wat u've been doing w/c means u'll keep on getting wat u've been getting or u can choose 2 accept that u do have wat it takes but u've been ff the wrong blueprint.-Ziglar

I watched this KMovie a while back but it left a huge impression on me, mainly because of the theme. I was quite surprise at how liberal the Korean society is being depicted in the movie when it comes to pre-marital sex and teen pregnancy. As far as I am concern, a Korean family, as much as any other Asian families are not as forgiving.

However, the film does inject some realism into the storyline in which Jenny was forced to go to America to secretly deliver the child. But then again, as this is a light hearted movie, despite its theme, Jenny and Juno manage to overcome the obtacles at the end. I am still wondering what is the moral of the story though.

I am not too sure if this movie was well received in Korea but I do think it has its moments.
    Visit my blog : KMOVIE ADDICTS
    Largest database of streaming Korean movies!

I thought it was quite liberal too. I never thought it would be a Korean movie. I kept waiting for the young couple to split up for I know in the U.S. in most teen couples who have a child, the boy would run at first hearing that he had gotten the girl pregnant. Apparently of all that sex eduation they're receiving at least in the movie, the teachers aren't teaching about abstinence and contraception methods.

I found the ending to be really odd. She has the baby when? Like wasn't she in her 2nd trimester (six months), her baby would be a premi (premature baby). And then all of the sudden, the grandmother strolls the baby into the preschool and the baby is already looking like 3 years old. While the young parents are supposely studying to go into a good college? But anyway, they just suddenly remove the walls and have all these high school swaying side to side singing. WHAT? What's the meaning of taking on this teen pregnancy subject? The ending seems odd. I, too, don't know what the moral of the story is.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I watched it a few months ago. Although it is unrealistic, I really liked the character Juno. He was so cute and considerate. It was actual 15 year olds playing the main characters. I think it is just another one of those light hearted teen comedies...worthwile to watch just once.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.melon.co.kr/cm/album/images/003/00/107/300107.jpg')

Now the main girl Park Ji-Min is it? She's the same one in 18 vs 29 playing the younger versions of the main actor and actresses of that drama with Choi Si Won right?

^ yup that's right....same girl in 18 vs. 29...
    U can choose 2 keep on doing wat u've been doing w/c means u'll keep on getting wat u've been getting or u can choose 2 accept that u do have wat it takes but u've been ff the wrong blueprint.-Ziglar