Thread: goes HK dramas get a bit too corny and lame at times?

Default goes HK dramas get a bit too corny and lame at times?

do you guys agree that sometimes, hk dramas can be extremely corny and cheesy? eg. zhen qing (kindered spirit), gosh, that show was the most-corny-est show ever and it ran for damned long!

I agree! Speaking of corny lame TVB dramas... see example: A Handful of Love
    gosh I swear it gives me the shivers when the kids call their uncle "jiu jiu' but pretty much overall the series as well

ALL DRAMA are cheesy and lame, but it's fun to watch, u don't get that stuff IRL, u find that in those drama.

One of the worst is Shine On You. That series was so 'preachy'.
    Have you come here to play Jesus?

It's true that Shine of you was cheesy, but imo, that was one of the better series tvb has produced in recent years. I've kinda lost hope for TVB now; their storyline/plot's originality is non existance, the cast is repeatidly the same, the character interaction/scene/settings are all over used so much and worst of all, they always provide a corny theme to it that "teaches" you a lesson and what not, they need to be even abit more realistic and not try to send messeges about life that is totally not true in the world today.
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

Cheesy plots because the same writers write. they don't hire new peeople but reused veteran writers who get all the money for it. new writers tend to go to other companies now.

Quote Originally Posted by youngpadawan
    do you guys agree that sometimes, hk dramas can be extremely corny and cheesy? eg. zhen qing (kindered spirit), gosh, that show was the most-corny-est show ever and it ran for damned long!
    Well, at first, kindred spirit was very novel and great. But they ruined it by allowing it to drag on and on and on and on and on ...etc.

And I do agree, some of the hk drama is extremely cheesy and corny. Many shows have characters portrayed to be really immature and babyish..... child-like.