Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Yummy Yummy

Default Yummy Yummy

The NewPaper dated 11 Nov 2004:

EVER since Michelle Chia left for India to shoot her series, Somewhere Out There, in mid-September, she hasn't stopped travelling.

'I returned from India late at night after nine days and, early the next morning, I was off to Thailand for five days.

'I returned home from Vietnam in the afternoon after nine days, only to find out I leave for Sri Lanka that same night.'

The 28-year-old star stayed mostly at small hotels and, in Sri Lanka, the crew stayed at a worker's quarters.

The Lux Shampoo spokesman and this month's Simply Her cover girl explained: 'This is more a documentary than a travelogue, so we went to places that tourists don't go to.

'And, because of that, we were often two or three hours away from the town.

'We had to make do (with what we had).'

Michelle shouldn't bother putting her passport away because on Nov 25, she's hopping on the plane again.

This time, she is headed for Hong Kong to film the TVB/MediaWorks co-production, Yummy Yummy, and will be there till the start of next year.

She plays a rich man's daughter, and will join 11 of her colleagues like Ben Yeo, Chen Hui Hui, Peter Yu, Lina Ng, Li Wen Hai and Benjamin Heng in this drama about two rival food stalls.

While she's excited about this opportunity, there is a small cameo role that is closer to her heart now.

Michelle plays an angel in the Channel U production, Zero, a final project featuring staff and friends of the station in small roles.
    There is no ego involved, even if a top star like her has only a few lines.

'I don't care even if I just have to act as a passer-by in the background.

'I want to do this, I'm happy to be involved.'

stunned, why no mention of shaun chen in yummy yummy?

Benjamin Heng? He is also in Yummy Yummy?

10/20/2004) Raymond Lam Fung and Charmine Sheh Si Man yesterday posed for TVB credit cards in modern and costume looks. Both expressed that they rarely used credit cards. Ah Sheh even said that she prefers cash. She said that she is afraid of spending what she does not have and forgetting to pay the bills. Ah Sheh later will head to Singapore for the series YUMMY YUMMY for a month.

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/2038/041020.html

There's a short segment in todays Channel U's news that featured Zero. Screencaps coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeo
    The NewPaper dated 11 Nov 2004:

EVER since Michelle Chia left for India to shoot her series, Somewhere Out There, in mid-September, she hasn't stopped travelling.

'I returned from India late at night after nine days and, early the next morning, I was off to Thailand for five days.

'I returned home from Vietnam in the afternoon after nine days, only to find out I leave for Sri Lanka that same night.'

The 28-year-old star stayed mostly at small hotels and, in Sri Lanka, the crew stayed at a worker's quarters.

The Lux Shampoo spokesman and this month's Simply Her cover girl explained: 'This is more a documentary than a travelogue, so we went to places that tourists don't go to.

'And, because of that, we were often two or three hours away from the town.

'We had to make do (with what we had).'

Michelle shouldn't bother putting her passport away because on Nov 25, she's hopping on the plane again.

This time, she is headed for Hong Kong to film the TVB/MediaWorks co-production, Yummy Yummy, and will be there till the start of next year.

She plays a rich man's daughter, and will join 11 of her colleagues like Ben Yeo, Chen Hui Hui, Peter Yu, Lina Ng, Li Wen Hai and Benjamin Heng in this drama about two rival food stalls.

While she's excited about this opportunity, there is a small cameo role that is closer to her heart now.

Michelle plays an angel in the Channel U production, Zero, a final project featuring staff and friends of the station in small roles.
    There is no ego involved, even if a top star like her has only a few lines.

'I don't care even if I just have to act as a passer-by in the background.

'I want to do this, I'm happy to be involved.'

stunned, why no mention of shaun chen in yummy yummy?

Oh great. A thread by its own. They can't mention everybody since there are a few missing as well. BUT WE KNOW is enough. Do post more relevant articles. Maybe someone please move the posts about Yummy Yummy at the overseas production thread into here as well?
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].

Contributed by Wuchang, transferred from another thread:

Channel U and TVB's 30 episodes family drama collaboration effort, 《Yummy Yummy终极美食大竞赛》has begun filming in late October.

The local actors invloved like Shaun Chen, Lina Ng, Ben Yeo, Lynn Poh, Adam Chen and Ericia Lee etc are in Hong Kong and Zhuhai to participate in the pre-filming ceremony and the actual filming itself. This reporter managed to contact them to find out more about the characters they portray and the filming conditions.

The first collaboration effort between Channel U and TVB, a 30 episodes family drama serial, has begun filming in late October. In January next year, the cast and crew will travel to Singapore to continue filming.

This $2.2 million Singapore dollars TV serial,《Yummy Yummy终极美食大竞赛》, will revolve around two families, one located in Singapore, the other in Hong Kong. It will reflect the close relationship between the people of these two places and will use food as the theme to portray the trials, dilemmas and confrontations in people to people interactions.

The 10 Channel U actors involved include Michelle Chia, Shaun Chen, Lynn Poh, Ben Yeo, Lina Ng, Peter Yu, Chen Huihui, Adam Chen, Ericia Lee, Li Wenhai. On the other side, TVB actors involved include Charmaine Sheh, Raymond Lam, Tavia Yeung, Kevin Cheng ,Wu Jia Le etc. The producer is Wang Xin Wei, whose past work include the Burning Flame series.

From the looks of it, other than Michelle Chia and Charmaine Sheh who both had achieved “Star” status within their own TV Stations and a few highly experienced actors, the next generation actors like Shaun Chen, Ben Yeo, Raymond Lam, Tavia Yeung, Kevin Cheng etc are also involved. It is obvious that both stations have the intention to groom them further.

At present, the script is only written up to the seventh episode. The actors have yet to discover the fate of their characters. However, the cast and crew had already filmed the Food Competition scenes set in in Zhuhai, China, where culinary experts from Singapore and Hong Kong will pit their skills to win the competition. The local actors involved in this stage of the filming include, Shaun Chen, Lina Ng, Ben Yeo, Lynn Poh, Adam Chen and Ericia Lee.

This paper had long distance phone interviews with the local actors involved.

Shaun Chen is again cast in a villainous role, as a win at all costs competition participant who only knows how to order people around and who forgets those who had helped him after winning the competition. Among the local actors involved, only Shaun has an “evil “ part. Shaun sighs and said that it is not his call, and the only thing he can do is to look on the bright side that maybe such a role will allow him to shine better.

Lynn Poh’s role is that of a naïve and simple-minded toufu seller but once she has her mind set on achieving something, she will persevere to the end. She is one of the participants in the food competition.

Ben Yeo’s role is that of a goody two shoe, mummy’s boy, no opinions on anything and goofy but has a kind heart. He was once cheated of love and money by a Hongkonger girlfriend thus he wants to use the competition as an opportunity to search for her.

Ericia Lee’s role is that of Shaun’s friend, the two of them paired up to enter the competition. However, she is unaware that Shaun is secretly in love with her and falls for Raymond Lam instead.

Adam Chen has a daring role, he plays an effeminate man often mistaken for a homosexual even though he has a masculine name like Rambo. To prove his manhood, he decided to enter the competition.

Lina Ng is the emcee of the competition, she and Wu Jia Le will emcee in Mandarin and Cantonese respectively. Working with Wu Jia Le, Lina finds that he is extremely funny and talks very fast. This forces her to react faster, unintentionally adding to her stress.

This is the first time so many Channel U actors went overseas together to work on a serial. After filming, they’ll either join their Hong Kong counterparts for some shopping and sight seeing or they’ll exchange notes in the hotel room and enjoy some small family entertainment.

The biggest challenge for our local actors is the mandatory Cantonese dialogue. Lynn Poh, Adam Chen and Shaun Chen spoke the best Cantonese while Ericia Lee was the worst. Thankfully the crew allowed her to use both Mandarin and Cantonese to deliver the lines.

No sparks between the Hong Kong stars.

As gossipy news concerning Charmaine Sheh appears regularly in Hong Kong’s tabloid papers, this reporter asked several male actors whether Charmaine Sheh’s eyes are really that seductive. Ben Yeo answered goofily that if seductive eyes means big eyes then yes, Charmaine Sheh’s eyes are in truth very big. Adam Chen says that she is slow to warm up and that he does not know her very well but he brought a an incident involving him and Charmaine that showed the considerate side of Charmaine. Once when he was sleeping in the minibus while Charmaine was doing her makeup, he sensed someone opening the window in his sleepy daze. He later found out that after Charmaine finished her make up and was about to leave the minibus, she opened the window to prevent him getting carbon monoxide poisoning from the air conditioning.

Both Raymond Lam and Kevin Cheng are dashing Hong Kong stars. Are any of our local female stars attracted to them?

Ericia Lee replied that her boyfriend Ix Shen is just as handsome. Lynn Poh says that after travelling such a long distance to work, relationship is the last thing on her mind. Lina Ng is jokingly irritated that her status as a mother has been exposed as the Hong Kong stars all knew about her marriage and her child. Even though she’s “open”, there is no chance for her.

Lately, the weather has turn cold in Hong Kong. Unable to adapt, our local actors one by one fell sick. From Lina Ng, Lynn Poh to Adam Chen and now Ericia Lee. Ericia replied in a hoarse voice that she ate too much hot and heaty food.

TVB rarely have joint productions with overseas collaborators. This serial has been in negotiation for around two to three years. This also means that out local actors will have a chance to appear on prime time in the highest ratings Hong Kong TV channel. And also through TVB’s wide distribution network, audiences around the world will also get to see them. This serial was scheduled to be shown in Singapore during Channel U’s anniversary celebration next year but after the recent media consolidation in Singapore, whether the plans hasl been changed is yet to be known.

Can anyone provide the full cast of the show?
    Shaun Chen is da best!

Default English Translation

"Survivor" inspired drama series on location at Zhu Hai, China. Tavia Yeung fell into river and gulped down polluted water.

Source: [娱乐为人民]

2004-11-03

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.ent.net.cn/news/ENP14P12031104.jpg')
    A swimsuit underneath the clothes offers little protection from the freezing water in November.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.ent.net.cn/news/ENP14P11031104.jpg')
    One, two gulps of the smelly water is a fate worse than death for Tavia.

The cast of new TVB series <Yummy Yummy> Tavia Yeung, Raymond Lam, Kevin Cheng、Singaporean actor Ben Yeo etc, travelled to Zhu Hai's Qi Ao Island yesterday for on location shooting.

The series is about a group of young people participating in an outdoor cooking competition. The plot requires the actors to pick fruits, catch chicken, fish and canoe, ala "Survivor" style.

Female lead Tavia Yeung and Ben Yeo were filming a scene where Tavia fell into a heavily polluted river while catching a chicken. Tavia made a grimace: "I wore a swimsuit underneath my clothes, but "filthy water" from the nearby restaurant seem to flow by here", in a euphemistic reference to faecal pollution. Indeed, the river was extremely dirty, one could not see beyond the surface. Tavia was most worried about snakes, luckily, no mishaps happened. She just felt her entire body smells and had one, two gulps of the filthy water. "I bathed in earnest when I got back to the hotel but I couldn't remove all the dirt. Now all my fingernails are black at the edge!"

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.ent.net.cn/news/ENP14P10031104.jpg')
    On location shooting at Zhu Hai Qi Ao Island。

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.ent.net.cn/news/ENP14P08031104.jpg')
    Raymond Lam and Kevin Cheng are sticking to each other's company to avoid the rumour mill.

Male leads, Raymond Lam and Kevin Cheng, have been seen sticking to each other's company on location. Are they keeping a distance from their female co-stars for fear of being run through the rumour mills? Raymond Lam dismissed that suggestion: "I worked with Tavia and Charmaine before without any problems with rumours. You can count the rumours concerning me with one hand, that's how few they are!".

Kevin Cheng who has recently been linked to Deng Cui Wen and Shirley Yeung, said resignedly: "It's all fabricated by the magazines." How does he feel about working with Charmaine who has a reputation for her coy manner? "I don't feel anything since she never acts coy with me!"
    Last edited by skyribbons; 11-13-04 at 08:45 AM.

Default 翻版《生还者》赴珠海拍外景 杨怡堕河饮屎水

转贴自 [娱乐为人民]

2004-11-03

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.ent.net.cn/news/ENP14P12031104.jpg')
    时已11月份,即使已泳衣打底仍觉河水「透心寒」。

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.ent.net.cn/news/ENP14P11031104.jpg')
    饮了一、两啖臭水的杨怡,感觉生不如死。

无线新剧《Yummy Yummy》的一班演员杨怡、林峰、郑嘉颖、新加坡演员杨志龙等,日前到珠海淇澳岛拍摄外景。故事讲述了一 班年轻人参加野外烹饪竞赛,要到野外摘野果、捉鸡、捉鱼、划艇,十足外国电影《生还者》的翻版﹗外景的现场 正拍摄女主角杨怡和新加坡演员杨志龙,为了捉鸡而一同跌落一条极污浊的河流中。杨怡苦笑说︰“已穿了泳衣打 底,不过附近的餐馆污水好像都会流经这里,所指的当然是‘大便’,而且河面上真的很污浊,完全看不到河底下 。自己最担心有蛇,幸好事后没有什么事,只是觉得全身都臭,还喝了一、两口臭河水。我回到酒店拼命地冲凉水 ,觉得怎么冲都冲不干净,现在十个指甲都有黑边﹗”

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.ent.net.cn/news/ENP14P10031104.jpg')
    新剧到珠海淇澳岛拍摄外景。

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.ent.net.cn/news/ENP14P08031104.jpg')
    林峰和郑嘉颖为怕再传出绯闻,不惜做孖公仔避开女人堆。

林峰郑嘉颖成双成对,另外,两位男主角林峰和郑嘉颖都是很易惹绯闻的人,两人在外景场地多数是成双成对 ,甚少走到女人堆中,像是不想被传绯闻。这次与佘诗曼和杨怡合作,可担心会传绯闻﹖林峰说︰“杨怡同佘诗曼 我都合作过,也没传过我们什么,我有多少绯闻﹖一只手都数得清,就这么多了﹗” 而近日桃花甚旺,先后与邓萃雯和杨思琦传绯闻的郑嘉颖无奈地说︰“杂志乱写,同喜欢发嗲的佘诗曼合作,会不 会觉得她很嗲呀﹖没感觉,她不会向我发嗲﹗”

I wonder where is Charmaine? Why choose such a polluted water? I read one man died from gulping polluted water, so Tavia, poor thing.

There! There! Shaun! Amongst the ladies. I guess everybody isn't yet warmed up to everybody else.

Can someone give an intro as to who is who in this picture? Except of course for Raymond, that handsome Kevin and that gorgeous being in that ugly shirt and oh yes, pretty Tavia.

P/S: You Know Who is tall.
    Last edited by Funn Lim; 11-13-04 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Funn Lim
    Can someone give an intro as to who is who in this picture? Except of course for Raymond, that handsome Kevin and that gorgeous being in that ugly shirt and oh yes, pretty Tavia.

P/S: You Know Who is tall.
    Standing, left to right:
    Raymond, Kevin, Ben Yeo, Adam Chen, Erica Lee, Tavia, Shaun, Lynn Poh

I don't recognise the two who are squatting.

Catch a glimpse of Shaun in article related K100 clip:

mms://media.tvb.com/asu/jade/k100/20..._1294_300k.asf
    Last edited by skyribbons; 11-14-04 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by convoy
    Standing, left to right:
    Raymond, Kevin, Ben Yeo, Adam Chen, Erica Lee, Tavia, Shaun, Lynn Poh

I don't recognise the two who are squatting.
    Lina Ng and hk host Wu/Yu Jia le...
    ~~ KilL yOuR bOsS, bEfOre He KilLs yOu ~~

Yummy Yummy on TVB's K100

Here are some screencaps of Singapore based actors involved in Yummy Yummy.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img108.exs.cx/img108/9083/yy-k100-1.th.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img108.exs.cx/img108/9172/yy-k100-2.th.jpg')

Names of Local Actors involved

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img98.exs.cx/img98/8247/yy-names1.jpg')

here's a news mag scan from yeungyi.com

http://yeungyi.com/news/m/tvb_weekly/2004/1116_3.jpg

i think shaun chen's there... for whoever demanded his pic....

also... i was wondering, if anyone was nice enuf to translate the article for us?? plz?? thank you so muchies. =]

also, tvb has held the bless ceremony for this series already... i don't know whether the singaporean artists were involved or not....

i havent'had a chance to look at the pics yet. atm im dl-ing a video file, so it takes tooooo long for all the pics to load, so yea.
    *£övë ¢härmäïnë §hëH 4ëvä*

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---

Quote Originally Posted by da azn devil
    here's a news mag scan from yeungyi.com

http://yeungyi.com/news/m/tvb_weekly/2004/1116_3.jpg

i think shaun chen's there... for whoever demanded his pic....

also... i was wondering, if anyone was nice enuf to translate the article for us?? plz?? thank you so muchies. =]

also, tvb has held the bless ceremony for this series already... i don't know whether the singaporean artists were involved or not....

i havent'had a chance to look at the pics yet. atm im dl-ing a video file, so it takes tooooo long for all the pics to load, so yea.

Yep can someone translate? Another material to put into my website! When was this taken?

Quote Originally Posted by Funn Lim
    Yep can someone translate? Another material to put into my website! When was this taken?
    the part on shaun says that...

"another singaporean actor is shaun chen, who started out as a model and later turned to acting. he will be playing the bad guy in this serial, and will have a lot of scenes with raymond lam"

"We set out to change the world... ended up just changing ourselves."
    "What's wrong with that?"
    "Nothing, if you don't look at the world."

Quote Originally Posted by P-Chan
    the part on shaun says that...

"another singaporean actor is shaun chen, who started out as a model and later turned to acting. he will be playing the bad guy in this serial, and will have a lot of scenes with raymond lam"
    That's it? Anyone knows what is Kevin Cheng's role in this series? Bad guy or good guy? Tnanks by the way. It is going to be in articles.

Blessing ceremony, everybody was there, and that is including you know who.

http://ent.sina.com.cn/2004-11-17/1124568136.html

Direct link to the picture that matters ...

http://img104.exs.cx/img104/8480/yy20.jpg

How come he is always in that bloody jump suit or whatever you call it like he's going jogging any minute? I do believe the s'pore counterparts seem to be in awe of the Hk counterparts when experience wise they may not be of any lesser than the HK counterparts...
    Last edited by Funn Lim; 11-17-04 at 01:57 PM.