Thread: Old wuxia movies

Default Old wuxia movies

Does anyone know the names to these movies?

First one was about Li Shiming and Chiu Ranke or something...
    Chi Ranke falls in love with one of the emperor's old advisers daughter.
    At the end they have a baby then the baby is killed by the girls father's mercenary. Then the daughter dies and Chiu Ranke girls her father I think and the mercenary...
    was a decent movie.

Another is about some sabre wielding guy who i think walks funny or that he has one arm? The other main character in the movie is like this thief kind of guy.
    The movie starts with the sabre guy killing some guy and the guys girlfriend begs to be let go and the sabre guy lets her, but she tries to backstab and gets killed.
    Then it goes on where some king guy invites a lot of martial artist to his place where theres a black dressed lady that sings outside in the night.

In the movie theres some master swordsman guy that fights the sabre guy. The thief guy is pretty strong and he has martial sister. Also theres an invisibility cloak, and the lady dressed in black was actually the sabre guys mother and another white dressed lady was the thief guys mother....

Can't really remember much else, but would be good if someone knew.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    Does anyone know the names to these movies?

First one was about Li Shiming and Chiu Ranke or something...
    Chi Ranke falls in love with one of the emperor's old advisers daughter.
    At the end they have a baby then the baby is killed by the girls father's mercenary. Then the daughter dies and Chiu Ranke girls her father I think and the mercenary...
    was a decent movie.
    Sounds like Hong Chen 3 Xia to me.

Another is about some sabre wielding guy who i think walks funny or that he has one arm? The other main character in the movie is like this thief kind of guy.
    The movie starts with the sabre guy killing some guy and the guys girlfriend begs to be let go and the sabre guy lets her, but she tries to backstab and gets killed.
    Then it goes on where some king guy invites a lot of martial artist to his place where theres a black dressed lady that sings outside in the night.
    In the movie theres some master swordsman guy that fights the sabre guy. The thief guy is pretty strong and he has martial sister. Also theres an invisibility cloak, and the lady dressed in black was actually the sabre guys mother and another white dressed lady was the thief guys mother....

thanks
    Very vague. Can't guess. Or possibly I saw no such film.

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au View Post

thanks
    Sounds like Warrior's Tragedy starring Ti Lung as Fu HongXue and Frankie Lam as Ye Kai. It's an adaptation of Gu Long's Bian Cheng Lang Zi aka Bordertown Wanderer
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

Yep, Second one is definitely Warrior's Tragedy aka Invincible Power of Kindness. This is one of those oddball phenomena where the movie was cut into 2 completely different versions. I like the Warrior's Tragedy version much better.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Is there any other adaptions on the novel Bian Cheng Lang Zi?
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

Quote Originally Posted by cristal entity View Post
    Is there any other adaptions on the novel Bian Cheng Lang Zi?
    I seem to recall that Ti Lung was in an old Fu Hong Shuet movie but not sure if it was Bian Cheng Lang Zi. It had some stupid rainbow death rays in it and Goo Goon Chung was a travestite assassion or something creepy like that. Watched it when i was like 6.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly